AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Steven Ma to give answer by CNY

hong kong

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37217 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:56 AM

Steven Ma to give answer by CNY
Wednesday January 9, 2013 Hong Kong
Source: http://my.entertainm...-083700327.html

Posted Image

Even before the actor himself has made any statement about his return, TVB's Catherine Tsang has already announced their intention to work again with the actor.

According to Popular Asians, the unrelenting Catherine has left a spot for Steven to return in a drama which will begin production in May.

Steven admitted that such plans has been made, but stated, "Catherine and I have remained in contact, but I cannot promise anything for now. There are still many details to discuss. Nonetheless, I will have a definite answer by Chinese New Year."

However, the actor showed a positive reaction towards the offer, adding, "Catherine Tsang is my teacher. Of course I would choose my teacher above the others. I am not after money. It's more important to have a good script and cast. I wish to act with Fala Chen and Tavia Yeung."

Last December, TVB high executive Catherine Tsang slipped that she had asked Steven to return to TVB last September to film a 30-episode drama, but Steven rejected her offer due to his busy schedule. However, the TVB executive has been trying to convince Steven to sign a per-series contract ever since the actor left the station in March 2012.

#2 Tumby_tum

Tumby_tum

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

Even thought I think Steven deserves much more than what TVB offer but I really misses him on screen. Hope he will return to do dramas with TVB, even once a year, so that I can see him!!

#3 Kim4ever

Kim4ever

✰★ 咸濕婆 ★✰

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14224 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

Throw in a good script and make the female leads Tavia and Fala..........maybe that can make him say YES!Posted Image

#4 HeTieShou

HeTieShou

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1934 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

Even thought I think Steven deserves much more than what TVB offer but I really misses him on screen. Hope he will return to do dramas with TVB, even once a year, so that I can see him!!

Don't you watch China series?? why do you have to wait for TVB series in order to see him? Many ancient China series are really good so you should give them a chance. I would love to see him in another TVB series too. I just rewatched Ghost Writer and loved him in it... Miss seeing him...

#5 Edceeezyy

Edceeezyy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1195 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:06 AM

I agree that his talent is neglected by TVB but I do hope to see him in a series at least once a year. Some of us don't watch Mainland series because we don't understand Mandarin and nor is there English subtitles for us to understand what is going on while TVB provides that. I'm an ABC and my Cantonese is very limited so even watching TVB series like the ancient ones its really hard to understand unless English subtitles is provided and I think that's why there are quite a few ppl here that wants to see him do a TVB series once in a while. Steven is def someone I like t watch on screen, his ancient series is really good even though in a way he's typecast but he's one of those rare actors that I never get tired of seeing even if he plays the same role every time. He has the charisma of a talented actor.

Edited by Edceeezyy, 11 January 2013 - 05:08 AM.

#6 UniversalSR

UniversalSR

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6934 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:28 AM

Once a year, just one drama

Fanstatic script, drama and cast will lure him back

And the timing as well for the dramas to be broadcasted too

#7 Linnh

Linnh

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1783 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:41 AM

I agree that his talent is neglected by TVB but I do hope to see him in a series at least once a year. Some of us don't watch Mainland series because we don't understand Mandarin and nor is there English subtitles for us to understand what is going on while TVB provides that. I'm an ABC and my Cantonese is very limited so even watching TVB series like the ancient ones its really hard to understand unless English subtitles is provided and I think that's why there are quite a few ppl here that wants to see him do a TVB series once in a while. Steven is def someone I like t watch on screen, his ancient series is really good even though in a way he's typecast but he's one of those rare actors that I never get tired of seeing even if he plays the same role every time. He has the charisma of a talented actor.

If only I had more likes then you would have got one!:)

Steven Ma aww I miss to watch you!