AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Reporters Asks Samantha Ko's Parents to Comment on Her Rape Scene

hong kong samantha ko

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36241 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:50 AM

Reporters Asks Samantha Ko's Parents to Comment on Her Rape Scene
Thursday January 3, 2013 Hong Kong
Source: Oriental Daily
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net

Posted Image

Yesterday Sharon Chan, Samantha Ko and artists attended TVB's birthday party for January birthdays. Sharon felt embarrassed and didn't want to reveal her age, but she laughed: "I'm over 30! You guys can probably guess!" Currently in a stabled relationship, Sharon frankly expressed she and her boyfriend still has no plans to get married: "Not this year! Maybe in 3 years!" She expressed her birthday wish this year is to buy a home and rent it out.

Ko Ling (Samantha) expressed she's been troubled by negative news lately. She said because of all the stories from her rape scene in Friendly Fire, the media has been disturbing her family. She said emotionally: "There were reporters waiting outside my house and asked my parents to comment! I have old and young in my family, it's dangerous!" She frankly expressed the exposure level from that scene is her limit. She said: "Actually it's just necessary for the plot, but it became such a big deal. I really can't find a boyfriend now!"

#2 Edceeezyy

Edceeezyy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1185 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:43 AM

What is the deal with rape scenes? Lol like seriously it's really rude and unnecessary for the media to stalk and disturb her family members especially about that topic. Rape scenes are necessary for certain series, it's not like it's never been seen before. HK tabloids are getting more and more ridiculous

#3 FantasyMania

FantasyMania

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7061 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

I think Sharon and Tavia were born in the same year of 1979 - A famous year of the new TV Queens (Myolie and Tavia).

Agree why are all these series has many rape scenes?

#4 UniversalSR

UniversalSR

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6932 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

It is just a scene, does the reporters have to create stuff for nothing

This is so stupid

#5 maresca

maresca

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

Now tvb is obsessed with rape scenes..
Doing it once was "understandable".. but doing it twice??
This is a pathetic way to boost rating.

#6 athlon

athlon

Selfish elite

• uber-newbie
  • 3897 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

That series is selling sex appeal. How would you explain that they have Sharon parading around in sexy outfits or all the "daring" scenes of practically every actress in that series?

#7 palmon

palmon

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

There appears to be too many rape scenes added in TVB series lately - first there was Highs and Lows, then there was Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles, and now in Friendly Fire...it just seems like TVB have decided to add it to the storyline for the sake of boosting the ratings and generating more popularity for their artistes. Bad taste indeed, it's terribly pathetic.

Edited by palmon, 04 January 2013 - 08:13 PM.

#8 Kim4ever

Kim4ever

✰★ 咸濕婆 ★✰

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14224 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

Rape scenes is becoming a norm now in TVB seriesPosted Image

"I'm over 30! You guys can probably guess!"

Actually if I didn't know, she can easily pass for mid 20sPosted Image

#9 Linnh

Linnh

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1783 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

Even with a lot of rape scenes then it still don't look like TVB can bring back the high rates that it used to be before, even 30 is high rate for tvb now.

#10 autumnleaves8

autumnleaves8

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

Sharon, and her fellow fadans that are in her 30s (Kate, Myolie, etc) all look better now than when they first entered the industry in their 20s. It definitely helps with all these skin treatments they probably get and improved makeup skills.

I'm sick of rape scenes too, especially since they just seem to be sensationalized for ratings. For this series, I don't mind as much but I will have to see how they tell this story. It seems like it will be part of the story of Samantha reporting the rape, going through the trial (and hopefully having the rapist found guilty!), and her coming out stronger in the end.
I remember the rape case in The Other Truth and being so angry about the story ending with Aimee making up the rape because I believe it's the wrong message to tell, especially since it is such a sensitive subject.

#11 BeInspired

BeInspired

-{Life is your melody}-

• Forum Seniors
  • 6213 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

I think that the reporters are only doing so because Asian parents are a conservative bunch. I'm not saying all are like that but, looking at the recent reports about TVB, there always seems to be that same few people complaining about the rape scenes.

Then again, it's silly asking the parents, specifically Samantha Ko. I mean what's so special about 'her rape scene'? There are like a lot more others who have done that scene before in TVB and yet, they don't get the whole 'what does your parents think about it' - not that they should anyway, because there's no need to put so much emphasis on it unless they are planning to raise awareness regarding the issues of rape (i.e. like the New Delhi gang-rape case) which I highly doubt so.

#12 maresca

maresca

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:43 AM

not that they should anyway, because there's no need to put so much emphasis on it unless they are planning to raise awareness regarding the issues of rape (i.e. like the New Delhi gang-rape case) which I highly doubt so.

Agreed.
To raise awareness, or to "encourage" rape?
I am afraid the latter that tvb is doing right now..

#13 HeTieShou

HeTieShou

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1934 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:01 AM

I can't believe the reporters can sink so low as to make her parents comment on her rape scene?? They are really desperate or something. I also wonder what is TVB thinking.. Are they also desperate thinking that just by adding rape scenes into their series that it will increase their ratings?? How pathetic...

#14 wubbies

wubbies

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:48 AM

the disgusting media is really desperate for survival

not to mention tvb too!!

#15 misssy

misssy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

Actually, most of tvb's cop/ lawyer series includes some sort of rape in their plot. It's pretty interesting that tvb practically recycles most of their scripts and is still able to beat atv all these years.

#16 Tinaphps

Tinaphps

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:29 AM

It is just a scene, does the reporters have to create stuff for nothing
Posted Image
Posted Image