AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

I'm thinking of buying Samsung Galaxy Note2...and I have some questions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Diego Viet

Diego Viet

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:53 AM

I'm going to finally quit iphone series and try to move on to android. I'm thinking about buying galaxy note2 on verizon carrier. I already argued with one of the Verizon sales rep and he's going to let me keep the unlimited data plan. So can any galaxy note2 users share some user experience? And what color should I buy....white or marble grey? thanks a bunch!

#2 mexican_rules

mexican_rules

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:42 AM

I'm going to finally quit iphone series and try to move on to android. I'm thinking about buying galaxy note2 on verizon carrier. I already argued with one of the Verizon sales rep and he's going to let me keep the unlimited data plan. So can any galaxy note2 users share some user experience? And what color should I buy....white or marble grey? thanks a bunch!

I got the marble grey one when it first came out on late November. I'm very pleased so far and I don't think I'm going to ever go back to another smartphone again. Because it uses quadcore processor, it's really really fast. It has 3100mAh battery which lasts little over a day on normal usage. What I really like about is the modification development is moving really fast. Every each week, at least 4~5 new custom roms are released. Which it lets you do the things like Verizon would hate lol, such as free wifi hotspot or tethering and google wallet (moble payment app). Previously, Verizon told Samsung to lock the bootloader securely so that people don't customize their phones, but there is a hacker name Adam Outler from XDA Developers (he called Galaxy Note2 the most secure device on earth) who unlocked the bootloader and it took him 2 weeks to do that! Thanks to Adam because without unlocked bootloader, modifications and roms couldn't be existed. Believe me or not....it's worth of every penny.....just get it.

#3 Meow ♡

Meow ♡

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1302 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:49 AM

Is the Samsung Note similar to the Samsung Tab? Cause I do have a Samsung Tab and it's been great!

#4 BeInspired

BeInspired

-{Life is your melody}-

• Forum Seniors
  • 6215 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

^I'm not sure but according to a friend, I think both use different firmware...

Well I just got myself a note 2, i'm satisfied with the battery life, it could last me more than a day of intense usage (talking about turning on 4G the whole day). It's fast, rarely lags so it's all good. However if I ever had a second chance, I would have opted for a smaller phone because this phone, although it's light, it's huge and bulky lol. It can fit into your jeans but, if you sit down and need to bend over, to let's say, tie your shoelace it's... impossible. I don't think it can fit into other smaller pockets so yes, still a little inconvenient. I mainly use it to text my friends (whatsapp for example), watch videos. I rarely use it to play games even though the screen is huge because the controls are wonky. The android store is a huge mess compared to Itunes store. Itune store is much more organized, and if you're a games person, I think the iphone is still the way to go. I had problem syncing both phones to my computer so no comment on that.

But overall, still a fine experience. I rarely use the stylus, but when I do, it does comes in handy when i didn't have a paper and pen on the go. However if you're a leftie it's abit hard to use. lol. I'm not using any custom firmware so I'm not going to comment on that either. It depends on what you want out of the phone actually. Personally for me, I think an S3 is enough, but I guess I just wanted to extended battery life that's why I went for the note 2 instead (the price difference wasn't huge either.. so i just needed to pay a little more for the note 2). You wouldn't know whether you like it or not until you have it. And now, having owned one, I do miss the iphone from time to time. Posted Image

Also regarding the colors. I got the white, mainly because I can match any covers with it and it wouldn't look awkward. But I saw the grey (my friend has it) and it looks uber cool. so yes, erm take your pick. If you like to match covers, then go for white, otherwise take the grey.

Edited by SoulReaper, 24 January 2013 - 09:52 PM.