AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Steven Ma Holds US concerts, Hand 'Sees' Red First.

steven ma

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 tamaya

tamaya

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5008 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:45 AM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

sources: wenweipo, singpao
Translator: Tamaya

12/27/2012: During the Doomsday period (12/21), Steven Ma was in the US holding two concerts (2 shows in San Francisco (12/22) and 1 show in Los Angeles (12/23). He sang many classic songs including Shanghai Bund, Return of the Condor Lovers, etc., and his own series themesongs including those for 'Where the Legend Begins', 'Perish in the Name of Love', and 'The Life and Times of a Sentinel'.

Steven's shows went smoothly with fans displaying great enthusiasm. The atmosphere pumped up with wave after wave of frenzy from the fans, but unexpectedly in the Los Angeles concert, an incident happened. When Steven got off stage to shake hands with the fans on the floor he was mobbed by fans jostling for a handshake with him. Maybe because of the fans' frenzied grabbing, Steven thumb suddenly spurted blood (爆拇指), and both his hands were later found badly skinned and marked with red scratches. Steven did not mind the fans’ display of ardor. Luckily the mishap is offset by gain. The fans in the audience chased after Steven to give him big lai si. (lucky red packets). When asked about his hands, Steven chuckled and jested that New Year was not even here yet but his hand already saw 'red', for sure he will have luck on New Year's Day.

Steven said: "Very happy my performances went smoothly. (But your hands got hurt wo?) No problem; it's fine! The fans here had not seen me for a long time, so naturally when they saw me they were very enthusiastic. They were overly polite (hak hei) - gave me big 'lai si' (lucky red packets). I told them New Year’s Eve still a few days away but they said the few days make no difference. Since they get to see me now they want to give me the lai si in advance.”

Seeing the warm and fervent reception in Steven's concerts, the event organizer, Janice, immediately invited Steven to hold more concerts in other US cities. When queried about his plans for next year, Steven says: “First of all, good wishes to everybody for the upcoming year. For myself, I’m accumulating new songs. In fact, I've just finished composing and writing my first song ever. I’m also learning how to direct and produce series. Hopefully, my acting and singing careers will advance together.”

Edited by tamaya, 27 December 2012 - 05:31 AM.

#2 kailie

kailie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1375 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

Aw....he's such a sport. I hope his hand has healed well. I didn't know he was coming to the states.

#3 tamaya

tamaya

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5008 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

Don't know why but Steven is always very low-key in publicizing his concerts.

Steven should know better than to get off the stage to interact with excitable audience - not just him but most if not all singers (male or female) would be 'mauled' by fans jostling to touch them. As far as I know per news reports, in all but this case and another old US concert, Steven seldom stepped off the stage to the floor to shake hands with the audience (never in mainland), cos' that very act could very well jeopardize his health. Many times he was almost pulled off the stage while shaking hands with fans.

Guess Steven thought his LA audience cos' of their age might be more 'sedate' in their conduct but he guessed wrong. lol!

In weibo, several posters commented on how crazy those 'aunties' were in the concert(s).

2005 Steven Ma chipped teeth in concert
Spoiler

#4 llwy12

llwy12

AF Translator

• Global Ministers
  • 4804 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:51 AM

Haha...I actually saw a billboard advertising the LA concert when I was in Chinatown a few weeks ago. And there was mention of it in the stores too -- it was kind of funny actually because so many 'aunties' were talking about him coming to perform. So obviously Steven has alot of fans over here!

In any case...Steven -- stop by more often! You are always welcome here! Posted Image

#5 HeTieShou

HeTieShou

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1934 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:38 AM

Hope Steven enjoyed his stay here and will come back in the future!

#6 BeInspired

BeInspired

-{Life is your melody}-

• Forum Seniors
  • 6215 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:45 AM

Steven should come here, I would definitely go lol

#7 Kim4ever

Kim4ever

✰★ 咸濕婆 ★✰

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14224 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:57 AM

Maybe they don't see him in US that often so they got over excited? Should swing by more often. Fans can be so "yit ching" LOOOOOOOL Posted Image

He sang many classic songs including Shanghai Bund, Return of the Condor Lovers, etc., and his own series themesongs including those for 'Where the Legend Begins', 'Perish in the Name of Love', and 'The Life and Times of a Sentinel'.

Love those songs!! Actually I love of all of his TVB themesongs.Posted Image

#8 tamaya

tamaya

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5008 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

US fans in concert were ardent but Mainland fans even more so.
Can't understand why parents brought along their babies and toddlers to attend a loud concert.

Steven 2003 mainland concert.
Ardent fans forced their way onto the stage to hug and kiss Steven in his ShànTóu concert. And what's Steven's reaction to their ardency?

Edited by tamaya, 02 January 2013 - 08:06 PM.

#9 Kim4ever

Kim4ever

✰★ 咸濕婆 ★✰

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14224 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

Alright, the fans can kiss him, LOOOOOOL!!!Posted Image