AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

World's most expensive pineapple worth 1,200

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 sChiZoO14

sChiZoO14

►DMJ♥CSY◄

• News Crew
  • 37576 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:30 PM

The world's most expensive pineapple has been produced.

According to the Daily Mail, the spiked fruit was grown in horse manure using Victorian garden methods, including 30 tonnes of straw and equine urine.

Matured at Cornwall's Lost Gardens of Heligan, it is one of eight pineapples which cost £1,200 each to produce.

James Stephens, a spokesman for the gardens, said: "It is just staff who get to taste the fruits as a thank you for their hard work."

He described the luxury fruit as having an "explosive flavour" and being "deliciously sweet".

"In an ideal world, we'd use about 90 tonnes of manure over the course of year which isn't cheap to source and transport," Stephens added.

"We've struggled to get good manure this year so we've had to use electric heaters. It can take up to two years to grow each pineapple so it's only fair."

dS

#2 fefe 鸽子

fefe 鸽子

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

since we don't have better things to spend this money on, lets go buy a pineapple

#3 HeTieShou

HeTieShou

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1934 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

What is the point of spending so much on a pineapple?? If you don't eat it in time, it will just rot and go bad. You can get a good one on sale for $1.99 US. Anyone who buys this pineapple is literally throwing their money away...

#4 xxMiya

xxMiya

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4750 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:13 AM

Posted Image

... and what is the purpose of producing such an expensive pineapple?

#5 LightSpeed

LightSpeed

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:25 PM

Ok, I like pineapples but I don't want to know how you did it, all I will be thinking while I'm eating it, are the horse manure and urine. After spending that money you will have to think " this better be some good sh#t"

#6 BlackSky

BlackSky

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:20 AM

Seriously what was the point of going to all that trouble. Seems like a case of too much free time = not alot of common sense

#7 strawberry shortcake

strawberry shortcake

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:37 AM

Well no matter how good it tastes, I can already say that most people why be buying it (just look what we're saying here lol). But for the people who do get to taste it, I hope they feel it's worth it. :P

#8 TVBGeek

TVBGeek

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:48 AM

that's too expensive. not worth it for a pineapple/

#9 Kim4ever

Kim4ever

✰★ 咸濕婆 ★✰

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14224 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:05 PM

Unless eating it, you will poop gold (chinese idiom) otherwise forget about itPosted Image

For that price I can buy a lifetime supply of pineapples Posted Image

Edited by Kim4ever, 26 December 2012 - 12:06 PM.

#10 HeTieShou

HeTieShou

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1934 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:29 PM

Unless eating it, you will poop gold (chinese idiom) otherwise forget about itPosted Image

For that price I can buy a lifetime supply of pineapples Posted Image

You are hilarious Kim!!! What you said really reminds me of this story of my parents, uncle and aunt once told me...They once told me about a horse that pooped out gold too...But then I think it only happened once and after that normal poop came out..

Edited by HeTieShou, 26 December 2012 - 10:29 PM.

#11 strawberry shortcake

strawberry shortcake

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:56 PM

You are hilarious Kim!!! What you said really reminds me of this story of my parents, uncle and aunt once told me...They once told me about a horse that pooped out gold too...But then I think it only happened once and after that normal poop came out..

Lol was this for real?? I can imagine their excited expressions and basically just waiting for the next clump of poop (gold). :lol: that would have been one very famous horse!

#12 HeTieShou

HeTieShou

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1934 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:01 AM

Lol was this for real?? I can imagine their excited expressions and basically just waiting for the next clump of poop (gold). Posted Image that would have been one very famous horse!

Not sure if it is a true story or not, but my parents and relatives often told me and my brothers the story. There was also this really old show about it too.. I vaguely remember watching it at a young age. They bought home a horse that they claimed to poop out gold if you hit it's butt. There was this one scene that I still remember to this day. All of the towns people were waiting to see if the horse was going to poop out gold, however, one man hit his butt and a big load of poop splashed out on him and everyone... It was really gross but very funny...

#13 A-Hayl

A-Hayl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

If my pineapples tasted better than theirs for a a quarter nickel they'll be out of business.