AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Miss Rose 螺絲小姐要出嫁

roy qiu megan lai tia li puff guo miss rose zhao jun ya

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#1 *.marshmalloww

*.marshmalloww

piko ♥ .

• Forum Seniors
  • 3322 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:34 PM

Posted Image

Title: 螺絲小姐要出嫁 / Luo Si Xiao Jie Yao Chu Jia

English title: Set Miss Rose

Genre: Romance, comedy

Episodes:

Broadcast network: TTV.

Broadcast period: 2012-Jul-22

Air time: Sunday 22:00

Cast:

Roy Qiu

Megan Lai

Puff Guo

Tia Li

Stephanie Chang

Zhao Jun Ya

Synopsis:

Luo Si Yi is highly competent in her job but very timid when it comes to love. One day, she finds herself working under new manager Gao Cheng Kuan, who is known to be ruthless in both love and business. He sees all his employees as screws that needed to be tightened or throw away if rusted. Will she be able to please the ever-demanding boss or will him mellow down and be one with the people

Edited by *.marshmalloww, 20 July 2012 - 03:10 PM.

#2 AHSA'sVIP

AHSA'sVIP

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9788 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:05 PM

Roy is so handsome and love his acting. Love Megan too, nice combination, can't wait to watch it.

#3 DTLCT

DTLCT

Obsessed

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2814 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:50 PM

Actually looking forward to this. And did you guys notice how the poster got changed somewhat already to reveal more cast? (Or a different variation.) I saw it on their Facebook page.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/setmissrose

#4 Snow0512

Snow0512

AF Official Translator

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:46 PM

So with the exception of the female lead, looks like an Office Girl reunion indeed XD

The trailers featuring Qiu Zhe are soooo hilarious Posted Image the way he talks to a screw!

Roy: My love, I've been so happy the days I was with you. Your best talent is screwing (holding) things together. Here (My heart) has also been screwed by you. Do you want a change in status? Are you willing... to marry me?

#5 DTLCT

DTLCT

Obsessed

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2814 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:00 PM

Snow0512:
OMG, I was so misled! Posted Image I thought he was practicing his confession in front of a mirror or something.

EDIT (since I don't want to double post):

Some pictures:
https://www.facebook...87550441&type=1

Edited by DTLCT, 12 July 2012 - 11:34 AM.

#6 baybeehxsleepi

baybeehxsleepi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1195 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:21 AM

wow didn't know he gonna be in another drama so fast , awesome gonna watch it

#7 ROYLOVE

ROYLOVE

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:13 PM

OMG I LOVE ROY! HE'S SOOO HANDSOME!! and I love it when he sports the shorter haircut!!!

didn't really enjoy office girls that much because of Alice Ke's expressionless acting but hopefully this will be better! :)

WOW and tia lia is in this one too!! It looks kinda similar to office girls because of the office setting + alice ke's new drama is also in an office setting. Strange huh.

#8 *.marshmalloww

*.marshmalloww

piko ♥ .

• Forum Seniors
  • 3322 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:30 AM

12 minute preview! :) (Well with some BTS as well)

#9 DTLCT

DTLCT

Obsessed

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2814 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:28 PM

I was bored so I did caps (just a tad, lol):

Posted Image

Posted Image

Base on the previews + BTS thus far, we have:
  • A waste of a good cake
  • Too many accidents + crazy misunderstandings
  • Gloomy, bordering on crazy fortune teller
  • Crazy family (at least hers)
What else? Posted Image

I'm ready.

#10 DTLCT

DTLCT

Obsessed

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2814 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:41 PM

Zhao Jun Ya:
http://blog.iset.com.tw/missrose/?p=223

#11 *.marshmalloww

*.marshmalloww

piko ♥ .

• Forum Seniors
  • 3322 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:11 PM

Updated the topic starter pic with ALL of the cast shown! :)

Posted Image

#12 Edwise

Edwise

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2085 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:19 PM

Episode 2 was hilarious...Enjoyed it...

#13 Snow0512

Snow0512

AF Official Translator

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:45 PM

This thread is surprisingly quiet...

I love Roy's performance in this show - he brings enough to differentiate this character from ZQ in OG. There are truly moments when he's just hilarious, coupled with his assistant Sheng Jun, who also played his best friend in OG. Guess it's nice to have actors who have good camaraderie with each other :D

I like Megan as an actress but somehow there's something about her character that hasn't entirely captured me yet. I like her enough, but... I'm not quite sure what's missing. I don't quite enjoy the antics of her family, nor her co-workers in the office. Sigh.

Perhaps it just needs time. It actually is something about the whole show - I like bits of it here and there, but strangely not captured as whole.

Tia Li is much better to watch as the warm, sunshiney friend character. Don't think much of Xue Fu's performance as Vivian... except that I find her relationship with Cheng Kuan intriguing, because why do two people who hate each other so much still stick together just because of her father? It's not like they can't be honest and make it clear - what's the worst thing that could happen? Unless someone actually cares for the other, underneath the surface...

Hope it gets better...

#14 DTLCT

DTLCT

Obsessed

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2814 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:30 AM

I finally started this though it has been airing for a while now. Agreed with Snow0512 regarding Megan's character. I meant, I like her, BUT can't quite get into her character as of yet. Not as far into watching it so I can't really tell. I hope it changes. But maybe I'm more into those more serious drama recently (like the way it's being filmed and the effects, NOT saying that this one doesn't have a serious theme). After watching Yvonne Yao in 'Xiao Hai Da Ren', I feel it's too much of a shame with this character in here, but I guess she get to try a different role. (Again, I'm biased here because I'm a fan of Yvonne.) What else? Zhao Jun Ya hasn't even appeared yet but I see him in the BTS. But according to Megan's story thus far, he's the bad guy, right? Talking about BTS, I seem to enjoy it more than the actual drama, LOL! OR I'm just plain impatient. I'll come back to discuss some more when I'm finally caught up.

#15 teratai

teratai

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1056 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:19 PM

I've just started watching 'Miss Rose'. It reminds me so much of 'Office Girls'. Going to marathon-watch it this weekend. Oh, what a bonus, the 'Paul' I like so much in Office Girls is back here as Gao Cheng Guan's PA!

#16 WXYJshipper

WXYJshipper

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:21 PM

@teratai, we met again in this forum. I also just started this drama and i sooooo love it.
Roy is so good looking and the stare..... But he seems so thin now. His character seems so different with Qin Zi Qi from "office girls", but still so captivating..... His eyes....... Woaaaaah.....I also like Paul, and surprisingly Tia Li.....
Agree also with Snow0512 regarding Megan. Hopefully in the future will like her more.

#17 lixs

lixs

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:06 PM

I'm watching this drama becos of Roy Chiu... I've tried to be neutral towards Megan Lai. But it seems like she lacks the chemistry with Roy in the drama. Physically, she's nearly as tall as Roy in the drama, and a more petite girl would perhaps fit the role better.

I just finished watching ep. 7, her acting is *strangling*. The somewhat heart-broken, yet pitiful look wasn't portrayed well. It's like in-between, and can't feel the emotions. I prefer her as the villian in the drama.

Tia Li, on the other hand, is very pleasant in the drama.. and she has the sweet kind look. Looks like the perfect couple; Paul + Tia. Not Roy + Megan. Sad........

#18 teratai

teratai

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1056 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:18 PM

@teratai, we met again in this forum. I also just started this drama and i sooooo love it.
Roy is so good looking and the stare..... But he seems so thin now. His character seems so different with Qin Zi Qi from "office girls", but still so captivating..... His eyes....... Woaaaaah.....I also like Paul, and surprisingly Tia Li.....
Agree also with Snow0512 regarding Megan. Hopefully in the future will like her more.

Hi @WXYJshipper,
Yeah, we meet again. I love the Vice-President Feng who was Aunty Feng to Qin ZI QI in 'Office Girls' and I love the fortune-teller Lily, also played by the same actress, in 'Miss Rose'. Almost failed to recognise her here. It just dawned on me when Lily smiled and I noticed the same dimple Aunty Feng had. She was always so prim and proper in 'Office Girls'. How she, as Lily, flirted with Gao Cheng Guan in Ep 7 of 'Miss Rose'. It was hilarious to see Lily, the purportedly very much sought-after fortune-teller, pester Cheng Guan's mom to find a man for herself! I'm really getting into the series. Glad you love it, too.

#19 Xiu Xiu Shrikirti

Xiu Xiu Shrikirti

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:59 PM

The trailers looks funny and promising.. seem want to watch this..but not sure coz I was dissapointed with Office Girl

well how is the rating? hmm..I'm so not up-to-date to taiwanese dramas rating these day,,

#20 Xiu Xiu Shrikirti

Xiu Xiu Shrikirti

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:39 AM

well I don't know that Miss Rose doing pretty good, the average rating reached 4.35 episode 5, quite on par with OG
found the news here http://fyroychiu.tum...ss-rose-ratings

#21 jilmine

jilmine

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:28 AM

Hi.. I am already in EP12. I'm catching to watch it. The male lead is very handsome. Whenever I hear the background music, it reminds me of FATED TO LOVE YOU, one of the blockbuster Taiwanese drama.

Edited by jilmine, 01 November 2012 - 04:25 AM.

#22 forevergirl

forevergirl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:47 PM

Im currently watching it now! its so funny! nice to see RQ again! I noticed he lose weight?

#23 Ashiah

Ashiah

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:25 PM

just watched it yesterday, and now i'm in episode 7
so far its quite good actually, better than office girls which is drag so much (i almost gave up on OG)
megan lai portrait clever yet silly girl quite and after watching OG, it's very strange seeing big part of the cast appeared on MR
it's like watching OG season 2 :P
especially Tia Li which playing antagonist on OG but now she now become lead's best friend, i feel it's very strange :D
hope the ending not disappointing
anybody know how much episode Miss Rose is??? :)

#24 forevergirl

forevergirl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:17 PM

just watched it yesterday, and now i'm in episode 7
so far its quite good actually, better than office girls which is drag so much (i almost gave up on OG)
megan lai portrait clever yet silly girl quite and after watching OG, it's very strange seeing big part of the cast appeared on MR
it's like watching OG season 2 Posted Image
especially Tia Li which playing antagonist on OG but now she now become lead's best friend, i feel it's very strange Posted Image
hope the ending not disappointing
anybody know how much episode Miss Rose is??? Posted Image

as it says here on thread is total of 20 episodes!, so far Ive seen until ep.17, I thought it ended there, but found out its 20, so I have to wait the subs,

#25 Ashiah

Ashiah

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:19 AM

as it says here on thread is total of 20 episodes!, so far Ive seen until ep.17, I thought it ended there, but found out its 20, so I have to wait the subs,

but i read on wikipedia it has 25 eps?
http://zh.wikipedia....小姐要出嫁
i hope it really have 25 eps because i think if it really just have 20 eps, it will become too rush, even in episode 17 many things haven't solved yet

#26 jjguo

jjguo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:48 AM

Watched 3 episodes so far. I like it, not that exaggerated, the heroine is a little different from most. I like it that she's motivated to change by the wager she made with the fortune teller and not because of some guy.

And Roy is soo handsome.

#27 middle_four

middle_four

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:13 AM

I will be starting this in a few minutes. :)

#28 Aspire

Aspire

Sweet and Spicy

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6791 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:56 PM

I admit I watched this because of Roy. Posted Image

Indeed, this was like Office Girls part 2 but frankly, it was kinda unbearable to watch some scenes. Especially those involving the sickly delusional fiancee. I certainly do not appreciate this character at all, but I guess every drama needs someone dramatic. I have always been fond of Megan Lai, and plus Roy, so the main characters were good for me. Xiao Ke and Sheng Jun were such amazing friends one could ever have! I'm glad to see many problems resolved because of their little helps. Tang Yi Zun, I couldn't care less about him, and thankfully he didn't do much damage.

The CEO and his daughter were frustrating to watch. Posted Image Honestly, I kinda dislike Gao Cheng Kuan for being so submissive to the CEO. He has done a great job in assisting the CEO in attainments of corporate goals, and the CEO himself has also reaped a lot from what Cheng Kuan has sowed. I somehow don't think Cheng Kuan owed him anymore. Good thing that Cheng Kuan managed to stand firm on what he really loved in the end, though when he switched almost instantly from marrying one girl to another towards the end was like... Posted Image

But the handsome and dark Roy here is <3 <3 <3!

Edited by Aspire, 03 May 2013 - 02:57 PM.