Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:18 PM

Painted Skin 2: The Resurrection

Posted Image

Chinese Title : 画皮2 Hua Pi 2
Producer : Chen Kuofu
Director : Wuershan
Language : Mandarin
Release Date : June 28, 2012

Painted Skin: The Resurrection, also known as Painted Skin 2, is an upcoming Chinese supernatural fantasy film and a sequel to Painted Skin (2008). The film was directed by Wu'ershan and starred Chen Kun, Zhao Wei, Zhou Xun, Yang Mi, Feng Shaofeng, Fei Xiang and Chen Tingjia in the lead roles. Produced at a budget of 1.5 million yuan, Painted Skin: The Resurrection is scheduled to be released in mainland China on 28 June 2012.

Official Synopsis

According to demon lore, it takes hundreds of years to attain human form. Even then, lacking a human heart, a demon cannot experience the true pains and passions of existence. However, there is a legend that if a pure human heart is freely offered to a demon, it can become a mortal and experience true life.

CAST

Chen Kun as Huo Xin

Vicki Zhao Wei as Princess Jing
Zhou Xun as Xiao Wei
Yang Mi as Que'er
William Feng Shaofeng as Pang Lang
Fei Xiang as Witch doctor of Tianlang
Chen Tingjia as Queen of Tianlang
Bei Cheung
Gordon Liu Chia-Hui

Posted Image

OFFICIAL TRAILER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdDaoa82adQ&feature=player_embedded

Posted Image

Edited by Xiu Xiu Shrikirti, 13 June 2012 - 08:27 PM.

#2 Xiu Xiu Shrikirti

Xiu Xiu Shrikirti

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:42 AM

Painted Skin 2: The Resurrection Releases Awesome Character Posters

Posted Image

Sometimes when you want things done right, you have to go to the big leagues. THIS above is how one plays a rawr general who is so awesome he can vanquish an entire army AND still have time to rescue a damsel in distress. Chen Kun, my good hot hot hot man, I bows to you. Seeing this, how could anyone doubt that my gripes about Eddie Peng playing dress up as Huo Qu Bing in the Da Mo Yao drama adaptation aren’t completely valid? Hello, I’m not blind.

The upcoming sure-to-be-blockbuster C-movie Painted Skin 2: The Resurrection (the sequel to the inexplicably awesome but uneven Painted Skin) released official character posters this week, and I was squealing the moment I laid eyes on the ones for the three leads: Chen Kun, Zhou Xun, and Zhao Wei. The story is a continuation of where PS left off, with Chen Kun once again playing a general (the son of his character in the first PS) while Zhou Xun remains the same character, the demon Xiao Wei. God, I hope they make out even more than they did in the last movie.

Posted Image

I can’t say enough accolades for how seductive and spooky Zhou Xun looks as Xiao Wei, going all out for her second outing as a demoness who no man can resist.

Posted Image

Zhao Wei plays Princess Jing in PS2. She looks amazing in this get up, and I can’t wait for her to play a kick-ass role in this go around. She was pretty much overshadowed by Zhou Xun in the first PS, but I have a feeling she’ll hold her own in the sequel.

credit to ockoala

#3 Xiu Xiu Shrikirti

Xiu Xiu Shrikirti

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:25 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

We have our sorcerer (played by Fei Xiang) and sorceress (Chen Ting Jia) in this movie, they are from the Sky Wolf Tribe. Love how mystical and fierce they look.

Posted Image

I’m sorry, Mi Mi m’dear, but you are so not ready for the big leagues. Compared to the aura and kapow presence of Zhou Xun and Zhao Wei in their posters, Yang Mi just looks bland.

Posted Image

AHAHAHAHAHA, OMG, *wiping away tears*. What’s with the sleazy crazy eyes, Feng Shao Feng? First time I’ve seen a Taoist priest look like he is eye-sexing his exorcism target. Epic fail, but oh so funny :D

#4 gwx11

gwx11

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:44 AM

I don't why there is like no replies. I finally saw this in NYC when it screened here. I personally think its a very good story and character oriented movie. I think people would be disappointed if they went for a purely sword slashing, fighting movie. Its more about script, character, and I loved the chemistry between Zhou Xun and Zhao Wei, and the themes of sacrifice, choice and consequence, and doing whatever it takes.
Spoiler
And for the music lovers, stay for a new rendition of Jane Zhang's Painted Heart that plays right as the movie ends. Definitely one of the best movies from China so far this year.

#5 JadeHeart

JadeHeart

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:19 AM

First of all...AWESOME MOVIE. Best Mainland movie ever.

I just noticed an error in the poster. If the beauty were a beast??

#6 eIaina

eIaina

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:49 AM

Zhou Xun was the reason I watched the first one, I heard that she was playing a super seductive demon girl, and I already could not resist. I love her. She's so pretty and fashionable.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chen kun, vicki zhao, zhou xun

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Yahoo (1)