AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Kevin Cheng ex-girlfriend Linda Wong's father Jimmy Wang: "He's a good for nothing man"

hong kong kevin cheng linda wong jimmy wang

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37465 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:39 AM

Kevin Cheng ex-girlfriend Linda Wong's father Jimmy Wang: "He's a good for nothing man"
Saturday April 7, 2012 Hong Kong
Source: Mingpao
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums/

Posted Image

Kevin Cheng and Linda Wong (former actress/singer) past relationship has recently been brought up once again and become a hot topic due to the new film Love in a Puff 春嬌與志明. This led to Linda's father, Jimmy Wang (actor/producer), mentioning again the reason why he opposed to her daughter dating Kevin in the past. He expressed once he saw Kevin, he knew he was a good for nothing man. Regarding to this comment, Kevin's fans were very upset and scolded Jimmy on Weibo. The innocent Linda had to publicly apologize on behalf of her father. Kevin also urged fans to stop attacking Jimmy and openingly expressed he understands Jimmy was just concern of his daughter's future. Each individual has different standards on future prospects. He believes in his mother's heart: "I am not a good for nothing man."

The other day, once Jimmy's comment came out about Kevin being good for nothing, Linda's Weibo was loaded with many scolding comments. She felt so helpless and expressed she cannot control what her father says, but she can make an apology. She said: "All along, the Mr. Cheng (Kevin) I know has been an accomplished and outstanding artist. My father's comments, as his daughter, I can only express my deepest apologies."

Once Kevin learned of Jimmy's views, he told fans not to attack Jimmy. Currently in Mainland shooting for a new series, he responded to the issue over the phone: "I truly understand Jimmy's views. Which father isn't concern of his children's future. If I had a daughter, I would be just as concern. Each individual has their own standards, these are just some of my memories, that I will cherish. These memories will follow me until death. After all, when speaking of future prospects, each individual has different standards. I don't know if I'm considered accomplished, but in my mother's heart, I am not a good for nothing man."

Kevin knows the past relationship was brought up again because of the film Love in a Puff. He hasn't seen it yet, but congratulates Miriam Yeung and director Pang Ho Cheung for their good performance and winning positive response. He is personally a good friend of Linda's and has always kept in touch. He hopes the issue can end soon.

Yesterday Director Pang expressed his apologies on Weibo. He is sorry that the film caused disturbance. "Regarding the dialog that relates to Ms. Linda Wong's relationship in Love in a Puff, it is written based off of how I have been a fan of Linda for so many years. The dialog is just true records of events and conveys my own personal relationship in the past. It was not intended to 'consume' Mr. Kevin Cheng. As the dialog has led to disputes all around, I sincerely apologize to Mr. Kevin Cheng, Ms. Linda Wong and Mr. Jimmy Wang."

#2 Kim4ever

Kim4ever

✰★ 咸濕婆 ★✰

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14224 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:16 PM

Its ancient history, no need to drag it out again! :P I don't think Jimmy Wang thinks "hes a good for nothing man" now Posted Image

#3 Moonshade

Moonshade

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:42 PM

Erm... the English translation of the sequel is called 'love in the buff'...

On a sidenote: the film is HILARIOUS and even better than the great 'love in a puff': everyone, go see this movie, like, NOW!

All hail the brilliant Edmond Pang (who also brought us other gems like 'Men suddenly in black', 'Isabella', 'Beyond our Ken' etc...)! You're the talented young HK directors/writers we need nowadays.

Edited by Moonshade, 08 April 2012 - 01:45 PM.

#4 UniversalSR

UniversalSR

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6937 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:53 PM

I think Jimmy Wang has some issues with his judgement

Edited by GalaxySR, 08 April 2012 - 03:53 PM.

#5 selliesellie

selliesellie

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1540 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:08 PM

The other day, once Jimmy's comment came out about Kevin being good for nothing, Linda's Weibo was loaded with many scolding comments. She felt so helpless and expressed she cannot control what her father says, but she can make an apology. She said: "All along, the Mr. Cheng (Kevin) I know has been an accomplished and outstanding artist. My father's comments, as his daughter, I can only express my deepest apologies."

Jimmy Wang is so rude. It must be on his face now that his own daughter is praising Kevin and is helpless and has to apologize for her father's dumb comment. It's Jimmy Wang that should apologize.

#6 chuanxxiong

chuanxxiong

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:36 PM

Jimmy Wang is so rude. It must be on his face now that his own daughter is praising Kevin and is helpless and has to apologize for her father's dumb comment. It's Jimmy Wang that should apologize.

You are so right, Jimmy Wang is a rude person indeed. His problem is he is stuck in his jurrasic thinking that it is his duty to find a handsome, rich, well educated, well spoken, well travelled perfect man for his little girl. I have heard he is a control freak, just like Jay Chou and the "King". Kevin has shown such class by saying what he said to his fans on Weibo. He could have let the fans verbally attack little Jimmy and ignore it all. Instead, he chose not to stoop to the level of this man who has belittled him for no just cause. It takes a man of class and substance to do that. Jimmy is the good for nothing louse. Poor Linda is caught in the middle.

Edited by chuanxxiong, 08 April 2012 - 06:40 PM.

#7 HeTieShou

HeTieShou

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1934 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:48 PM

Yea, Jimmy is really rude indeed. I read that Linda is not so fond of her father at times too. I remember once reading about how Linda said that she would never find a husband like her father. If he was anything like her father, then she would not even consider him.I also remember how badly he treated Kevin back then and how he was so against Kevin dating Linda. But the past is the past and Linda is now married so what is the point of him bringing it up again?? Can't he just let go and move on???

#8 Iovekeni

Iovekeni

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:52 AM

He is sorry that the film caused disturbance. "Regarding the dialog that relates to Ms. Linda Wong's relationship in Love in a Puff, it is written based off of how I have been a fan of Linda for so many years. The dialog is just true records of events and conveys my own personal relationship in the past. It was not intended to 'consume' Mr. Kevin Cheng.

can you guys tell me what the scripwriter wrote in Love in a Puff?Posted Image Posted Image

#9 JW50458

JW50458

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:56 AM

can you guys tell me what the scripwriter wrote in Love in a Puff?Posted Image Posted Image

Watch at 1.02. The scriptwriter wrote. Miriam said in the movie...

http://player.youku.com/player.php/sid/XMzc4NTY0MjQw/v.swf

Edited by JW50458, 10 April 2012 - 02:57 AM.

#10 Iovekeni

Iovekeni

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:53 AM

Thank JW, I am nhocty in KeNi sitePosted Image

#11 JW50458

JW50458

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:54 AM

Thank JW, I am nhocty in KeNi sitePosted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

#12 kailie

kailie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1375 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:30 PM

Jimmy Wang is a double standard. He has his own expectations, which is fine as a father to Linda Wang. Probably... he just did not what any entertainers dating or marrying his daughter. He thinks all actors or singers like him. Wasn't he just divorced from a Chinese actress couple of years ago who's only in her mid or late 3O's.BTW.... we probably lost count how many wives or mistresses he had. Jimmy Wang is ancient!!! Eww.....

Edited by kailie, 12 April 2012 - 06:30 PM.

#13 fyr

fyr

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:56 PM

Who is Linda Wang?She is nobody.Kevin is a star.