Him Law
Eliza Sam
Tracy Chu

# of Episodes:
-

Info:

News Clip here:

http://hyn5-hyn5.blo...quel-tavia.html

Tavia Yeung: "This good news is that everyone's anticipation for a sequel...we will be filming it...very quickly".

Kenneth Ma: "Have decided to film it".

Lai Chi San: "Would it be the original cast? The same characters or what?"

Tavia Yeung: "Actually, the original cast...I think that it'll most likely be...hopefully can".

Kenneth Ma: "Should be trying for the original cast".

Tavia Yeung: "However, really don't know about the storyline yet".

Edited by foreverleila, 13 July 2013 - 10:21 PM.

#2 iMAGiNATi0NS

iMAGiNATi0NS

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:16 AM

omgosh, please let there be a sequel! BUT only if the original casts are back. if the mains (Kenneth, Tavia, Him, Mandy, Benjamin, etc.) aren't gonna be in it, then i would be friggin heated.

i hope that they'll somehow find a cure to Tavia's disease!

and i wanna see more of Benjamin and Mandy's relationship! Posted Image they're relationship was so last minute that i didn't get to enjoy much of it.

def wanna see more of Kenneth and Tavia's development together too since they only officially got together in the last ep.

#3 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36849 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:50 AM

"The Hippocratic Crush" Filming a Sequel: Tavia Yeung and Kenneth Ma Excited
Monday March 19, 2012 Hong Kong
Credits: to hyn5 @ http://hyn5-hyn5.blogspot.com

Posted Image

The final episode of "The Hippocratic Crush" averaged 37 points, and peaked at 39 points (approximately 2,470,000 viewers). The entire series averaged 31 points (approximately 1,970,000 viewers). Chairman Norman Leung will be treating the cast and crew to dinner next Wednesday.

Kenneth Ma just found out that the original cast will be filming a sequel. Although he still does not know when filming will begin and whether the characters will be continuing on, he believes that it will still be a hospital setting.

When Kenneth was asked whether he was confident in becoming a housewife killer like Lawrence Ng's Dr. Ching Chi Mei in "Healing Hands", as well as filming a number of sequels, he said, "I am Cheung Yat Kin; there are differences to Ching Chi Mei. Hope that my girlfriend is still Yue Jai (Tavia Yeung). Believe that it would also be very enjoyable to watch us portray a couple for another 25 episodes...do not want it to be like Ching Chi Mei's girlfriends...all dying".

Edited by foreverleila, 20 March 2012 - 01:38 AM.

#4 ★vitaMING

★vitaMING

Dan+Blair

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2359 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:40 AM

i'm only excited if they don't kill tavia off and pair kenneth with someone else. like kenneth said i want tavia/kenneth to be a coupl in all 25 episodes.

#5 Edceeezyy

Edceeezyy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:09 AM

Hope it will continue the plot from the first one.

#6 tvbauntie

tvbauntie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1498 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:21 AM

Agree with Kenneth....that it will be enjoyable to watch Kenneth/Tavia portray a couple for another 25 episodes & YES as said by Kenneth.... PLEASE TVB...DON'T make Tavia's character die....I want happy endings!

The cast,producer plus dynamite pairing of Tavia/Kenneth must remain....THC was successful in the first place so things mustn't change....

Edited by tvbauntie, 20 March 2012 - 06:22 AM.

#7 jerebtvb

jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10123 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:03 AM

It's already confirmed that there is a sequel for THC (Confirmed by Tavia and Kenneth themselves). I predict Tavia will first film the upcoming drama, Justice Attack whilst Kenneth Ma filming TITS2, before filming THC II at the end of the year.

I do have the feeling that Poon Ka Tak will not produce the sequel as producer Poon will film the other drama in the autumn season.

#8 Guest_Hatsune Mikuo_*

Guest_Hatsune Mikuo_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:20 AM

lemme guess. since the producer is Poon Ka Tak.
there is a high chance Mandy Wong and Him Law will be in this one ha-ha.
and also veteran actress Gigi Wong!!! I think this one might be ancient.
Producer poon might be granting Mandy (one of his favorites right now) her wish
to film a ancient drama. But still, let's wait for confirmation news, this is just
my prediction and imagination. or maybe he will be intending to groom Candy Chang
and Nathan Ngai.

Edited by Hatsune Mikuo, 20 March 2012 - 02:58 PM.

• jerebtvb likes this

#9 Guest_Hatsune Mikuo_*

Guest_Hatsune Mikuo_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:26 AM

congrats to The Hippocratic Crush cast members and producer.
i hope producer Poon Ka Tak will produce this with the cast members as he knows what to put in most
since he is the original producer for this series. I also hope they won't kill or write off Tavia Yeung or Mandy Wong as
i would want to see more of their interaction with Kenneth Ma and Benjamin Yuen. A new additional character (:P Nancy Wu hurhur!) will
be a good one to add in more spice also. As for Him Law, for him staying or not it's actually fine. His storyline seems to be over already
nothing really much to add. But it'll be nice to see him in the sequel though.

Edited by Hatsune Mikuo, 20 March 2012 - 10:27 AM.

#10 swtvtgrl

swtvtgrl

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1746 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:28 PM

Hm. Typically, you can't get everyone back for the sequel. 1. Can't accommodate everyone's schedule. The 4 leads are confirmed to film other series. When will TVB film this? At the end of the year? Next year? 2. I sense TVB might want to make Yat Kin into another Paul. So, he might get a new love interest? Yu Jai might miraculously recover from her illness, but I really think that's lame. The script writers highlighted the fact that her tumor is malignant. So, I wonder how this will go.

#11 MichelleAndRaymond

MichelleAndRaymond

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:48 PM

I really hope it doesn't turn out to be like Healing Hands.....
Don't kill off Tavia or Mandy....i would like to see Mandy more and her development with Benjamin. I didn't think it was enough :P i love these couples...

#12 Guest_Hatsune Mikuo_*

Guest_Hatsune Mikuo_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:21 PM

i just hope they won't add aimee chan, JJ Jia or Christine Kuo in it.
they r so horrible in their acting. no offence.
  • JustBK likes this

#13 JustBK

JustBK

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:04 PM

i just hope they won't add aimee chan, JJ Jia or Christine Kuo in it.
they r so horrible in their acting. no offence.

Totally Agree!!! Especially Aimee! No offence too but In my Opinion, she has a lot of lead role but her acting isn't still good to have a lead role.
Tvb promote her a lot, give her many opportunities, I think it's just unfair for the others actresses who are better than her.
Plus, I don't like JJ Jia In L'escargot, and Christine Kuo, as a guest ok. but watch her throughout the film no please! And don't add Fala too,

#14 FantasyMania

FantasyMania

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7065 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:59 PM

Kenneth did say it doesn't have to be like HH where Ada dies so please I so want MingYi together for a whole series.

#15 SUSIE-DANG-1988

SUSIE-DANG-1988

~ TVB ADDICT ~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4454 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:34 PM

Posted Image

ermm... not sure about this.. but saw on weibo that they will be using same artistes to film sequel!

#16 _ollie_

_ollie_

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:52 AM

Somehow have a feeling sequel will talk about Tavia's condition coming back and will focus on how she and Yat Kin will battle over her sickness. Hope original cast will be back as well, but can't see everyone from original cast being in sequel since there's not a lot more room for development in terms of love relationships, and we all know how TVB series are mostly based on love lines over plot line. Unless you throw in a third party, but that's way overused.

#17 Guest_Hatsune Mikuo_*

Guest_Hatsune Mikuo_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:34 AM

i have a feeling mandy and him might not stay as they are progressing soon to leading roles.
wiill they lead below tavia and kenneth? unless the producer is poon ka tak then probably mandy and him will be in it.
or maybe their role will be meatier ... if not, then i guess highly not possible.

Edited by Hatsune Mikuo, 26 March 2012 - 08:35 AM.

#18 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36849 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:47 PM

Nathan Ngai May Take Part in "The Hippocratic Crush" Sequel:

Watch clip here:

http://hyn5-hyn5.blo...ke-part-in.html

Translation:

Edmond Hui: "It is said that 'The Hippocratic Crush' is filming a sequel. Do you look forward to having an opportunity to take part?"

Nathan Ngai: "I heard about it, and also heard that I would...."

Natalie Tong: "Come back to life?"

Nathan Ngai: "Also be in it".

Edmond Hui: "Also in it, but a different character?"

Nathan Ngai: "Heard that it is".

Edmond Hui: "Do you look forward to it, since there are many seniors to give to pointers?"

Nathan Ngai: "Certainly super anticipating it because 'Hippocratic' can be considered my representative work. If able to film part 2, I would definitely be very happy".

Credits: to hyn5 @ http://hyn5-hyn5.blogspot.com

#19 jerebtvb

jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10123 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:40 AM

Whoa! If Nathan Ng is in it, it will be a different character (or a twin role that is similar as Kenneth's brother in the previous drama). It can be predicted easily since it's another typical sequel produced by TVB.

#20 SUSIE-DANG-1988

SUSIE-DANG-1988

~ TVB ADDICT ~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4454 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:33 PM

btw - saw on lawrence ng weibo and he says that he will back and film a hospital drama next year at feb time.. when he said that - i thought of this drama! hahahaha. So might be this drama he will be in?

#21 Guest_♥ daydreamgirl_*

Guest_♥ daydreamgirl_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:12 PM

I think Lawrence Ng only come back to film a series for them cause he met up with them. Now he mainly focus on his family and his career in China. I don't think he will sign the contract with them.

really hope he doesn't given the same kind of role like he had before. I am tired of seeing him to act as the doctor.

Edited by ♥ daydreamgirl, 21 April 2012 - 01:14 PM.

#22 minilight1020

minilight1020

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1134 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:02 PM

Is there any other medical series besides this one? If not Lawrence filming a medial series in 2013 might be this one. If it's true, I'm so excited.

#23 minilight1020

minilight1020

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1134 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:04 PM

I'm so excited about this. I enjoyed watching Lawrence play a doctor role.

#24 jerebtvb

jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10123 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:20 AM

Lawrence Ng hinted in his Weibo that he will film The Hippocratic Crush II. But still, there is a need for more reliable information to confirm it.

Edited by jerebtvb, 02 May 2012 - 04:21 AM.

#25 jerebtvb

jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10123 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:59 AM

Although Wilson Tsui is popular for his respective character (Tavia's father) in The Hippocratic Crush, buthe will not film the sequel as he is now under CTI.
Posted Image

#26 HighJet

HighJet

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:31 AM

Just wonder how tvb plots his character in sequel II? I am worry that they might kill Tavia's character bc this :(

#27 nelz

nelz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:37 AM

I don't think just because certain actors don't have the time or have left means their character is going to get killed off. It would be ridiculous and if THC 2 does this, it would really tarnish the name of THC.

I just hope Tavia & Kenneth are still the leads and they don't pull some 3rd party with Lawrence's character. As for Mandy, whether she is in or not, doesn't matter at all, I don't see much development for her character anymore but it would be nice if she is in to develop more on her sisterhood with Tavia. Same goes for the rest actually. They can have a whole new supporting casts, in fact I rather see this than having them going back and fourth over the same characters over romance, etc.

I still don't know how they are going to pull off a sequel for this. Still don't see the need for it, but if so only to see development for Tavia & Kenneth's characters.

#28 HighJet

HighJet

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:07 AM

Keep in mind in THC, Kenneth & Tavia already married. What you mean dating is more romantic sense as husband/wife? I mean they kill Tavia bc of her father role. He left TVB so how is his role in sequel 2? Also Ben & Mandy married in 1st part as well. Candy is very beginner actress that need more improvement. If she leads in part 2? I won't watch.

#29 jerebtvb

jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10123 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:17 PM

Kenneth Ma confirmed Lawrence Ng will film "The Hippocratic Crush II".

#30 jerebtvb

jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10123 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:01 AM

Candy Chang (Jing Jing in THC) confirmed to be in the sequel. And she hinted she will continue pairing up with Him Law.

#31 Aznfangirl

Aznfangirl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:03 PM

Can't wait for this sequel! Especially since most actors will be back, like Tavia, Kenneth, Mandy, Him and Candy :) Heard that the filming will start only in February though...

#32 witnap

witnap

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:55 AM

Benjamin Yuen also signed with CTI, meaning he wouldn't be in HC2? OMG, besides Yu Jai and Yat Kin's line, I anticipated Mei Suet and Ben's line too....What a killer, if they suddenly kill off Ben before the line even begins.

#33 PermRight

PermRight

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:02 AM

Benjamin Yuen also signed with CTI, meaning he wouldn't be in HC2? OMG, besides Yu Jai and Yat Kin's line, I anticipated Mei Suet and Ben's line too....What a killer, if they suddenly kill off Ben before the line even begins.

Benjamin did not sign with CTI.

#34 witnap

witnap

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:11 AM

Benjamin did not sign with CTI.

Posted Image Great :D then we can see more of him in the series

#35 rebel316

rebel316

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:55 AM

Wow, they are really going to film a sequel? Healing Hands all over again? :P

#36 luckymichee

luckymichee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:38 PM

Wow, they are really going to film a sequel? Healing Hands all over again? Posted Image

Healing Hands had quite a good run, and it was one of the more classic TVB series, so would definitely be happy if Hippocratic Crush can live up to that. I just hope they don't end up killing the main characters though like in Healing Hands.

#37 jerebtvb

jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10123 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:50 AM

Credit: hyn5 blog

http://hyn5-hyn5.blo...atic-crush.html

Lawrence Ng Filming "The Hippocratic Crush" Sequel to Help Save TVB

TVB has been suffering from a lack of siu sangs and fa dans. Recently, successfuly persuaded Lawrence Ng to return to film series to save TVB. Yesterday, Lawrence revealed having just signed a per series contract with TVB, filming the sequel of "The Hippocratic Crush" with Kenneth Ma. In order to make this happen, TVB was willing to accommodate Lawrence's money-making schedule at the end of the year, delaying the start of the filming to beginning of February 2013...no wonder Lawrence kept saying that the conditions that TVB offered were very good.

Yesterday, Lawrence, Ada Choi, etc. did a recording for "Let's Play with Our Food", demonstrating their cooking skills in pairs. When asked whether he would be playing the role of Dr. Ching Chi Mei in the sequel of "Hippocratic", he said, "Don't know yet. TVB has also asked for opinions. I want to play an entirely new character...would be quite special to have Black Jack's one-eyed look. (Which female lead do you want to work with?) Asked Ada early on. She is very busy...doesn't have time". He asked in reply whether there were any good suggestions. Reporters suggested for him to look for Christine Kuo, who is recently being heavily promoted by TVB. He said that he never saw her before and also do not know her, but also gasped upon hearing that she is a pretty girl.

On the other hand, because the two had to demonstrate their cooking skills in the programme, Ada revealed that Lawrence was very nervous about the dishes...reminded her over ten times. She laughingly said that Lawrence is good at eating. Reporters hinted that Lawrence likes to eat dishes from different countries; Ada laughingly said, "A pampered son of an influential family must have standards; however, I haven't cooked for a few years. Now, best at making baby formula. Have sponsors for milk powder, diapers, and baby products. Hope that someone looks for our family of three to film a commercial...make money and also have memories". She also highly praised Lawrence's daughter as being a very pretty girl, saying that she doesn't look like Lawrence at all. Recently, there have been many joyous occasions in the industry. She told everyone to be at ease, as she would definitely have more kids.

#38 Guest_Skull.Junior_*

Guest_Skull.Junior_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:38 AM

^ Regarding the news, Erm the reporter must be blind or really evil who is trying to find a way to torture us. If Christine Kuo is the female lead, i won't watch and i am going to bash her a lot if she replaces tavia -evil grin-. (I really want more kenneth and tavia in the sequel. So screw you christine kuo if you ever replaces tavia. Hope you don't enter the sequel :@ you've already ruined ghetto justice's sequel so please... it's enough. i don't want the great THC to be ruined by your hands).

I honestly don't understand why tvb is trying to promote someone who can't speak properly and can't even act. Not sure about how the rest of you think of her haha! But i don't find her that beautiful at all O_O. In the worst scenario, if they really really really want to kick out tavia and add in newbies, I don't mind seeing mandy or sire or xiawei (Biasness towards her hehe! Her acting is alright anyway) as the newer batch to take the lead. Posted Image i don't mind candy as 3rd lead as well. At least she can speak clearly Posted Image but sorry never christine kuo. Her acting is not at the standard yet and her acting is terrible... did you guys see ghetto justice 2? Her scenes are ... totally flop.

Edited by Skull.Junior, 22 August 2012 - 11:51 AM.

• miisz_cris likes this

#39 nelz

nelz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:51 PM

Asking an experienced actor to help save TVB then go on and contridict themselves asking someone who can't even act. Save TVB? Seems more like one step forward, two steps back. TVB really know how to save themselves, promoting people who can't act. Anyway, the success of On Call 36, doesn't need any saving.

#40 miisz_cris

miisz_cris

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:27 AM

^ Regarding the news, Erm the reporter must be blind or really evil who is trying to find a way to torture us. If Christine Kuo is the female lead, i won't watch and i am going to bash her a lot if she replaces tavia -evil grin-. (I really want more kenneth and tavia in the sequel. So screw you christine kuo if you ever replaces tavia. Hope you don't enter the sequel :@ you've already ruined ghetto justice's sequel so please... it's enough. i don't want the great THC to be ruined by your hands).

I honestly don't understand why tvb is trying to promote someone who can't speak properly and can't even act. Not sure about how the rest of you think of her haha! But i don't find her that beautiful at all O_O. In the worst scenario, if they really really really want to kick out tavia and add in newbies, I don't mind seeing mandy or sire or xiawei (Biasness towards her hehe! Her acting is alright anyway) as the newer batch to take the lead. Posted Image i don't mind candy as 3rd lead as well. At least she can speak clearly Posted Image but sorry never christine kuo. Her acting is not at the standard yet and her acting is terrible... did you guys see ghetto justice 2? Her scenes are ... totally flop.

I totally agree w/ you Christine is soo overrated , yes she's pretty but she needs a lot of improvement , but I think its because of all the rumors and scandals surrounding her tvb wants to promote her , and she's labeled the "next fadan" which I hate because I think Mandy especially deserves that title over her , if they had to bring in another actress for On Call 2, I'd like Nancy Wu because shes a great actress , rather than Christine Kuo , lol even though my actual name is Christine I'm not biased towards her at all (x

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: poon ka tak, tvb, modern

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users