#1361 kyla

kyla

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2261 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 12:08 AM

A huge thanks to Hilz!!

My poor Gilian, just to continue building her career in the entertainment world she suffers from pain in silence. This is what I call extremely strong because if it was me I would be known for complaining all the time. Its good to know she's doing Yoga to maintain the pain. And I totally understand her not wanting a relationship right now. A relationship requires a lot of attention and if you're not well body and mind then what's the point. Its one thing me and Gillian do have in common and that is we both easily let go of heartbreak or bad memories. I'm happy this article was posted because people (including me) can see for themselves why she sometimes she  disappears when she's not filming. Its due to her health and not because she can't get a job like certain netizens believe.

Congrats to Gillian for all her awards she received in this month alone!

Also, EEG making Gillian their model for their Jewelry collection was the best Idea ever. Gillian looks gorgeous with all types of Jewelry. 

Edited by kyla, 22 March 2015 - 12:10 AM.

• Antoine likes this

#1362 Hilz

Hilz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 12:55 PM

Today Gillian went to Sinn Lap Man's musical <嬉春酒店>, here are the photos:

67584819jw1eqdyhbi1kyj21k3150wzy.jpg

67584819jw1eqekxyvdlzj20qo0zkwpk.jpg

67584819jw1eqeky7l5gnj219w1w0qpp.jpg

Gillian's top looks so cool with a pop corn hanging XD

Edited by Hilz, 22 March 2015 - 01:02 PM.

• Antoine likes this

#1363 Hilz

Hilz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 03:01 PM

Today is Emperor Entertainment & Emperor Motion Pictures 15th Anniversary Celebration

690f21edjw1eqfurw5b2zj20gw0pc0vd.jpg
http://ww3.sinaimg.c...j20j40ygdje.jpg
http://ww3.sinaimg.c...j20gw0pc0vd.jpg
http://ww2.sinaimg.c...j20gw0pcwh9.jpg
http://ww4.sinaimg.c...j20gw0b940a.jpg
http://ww2.sinaimg.c...j21400u0ahw.jpg
http://ww3.sinaimg.c...j21400u0aiz.jpg
http://ww2.sinaimg.c...j20hs0hstb1.jpg
http://ww4.sinaimg.c...j20hs0hs76r.jpg
http://ww1.sinaimg.c...j20hs0hsad9.jpg

Today EEG 15th anniversary music video has come out:

MV Backscene: https://www.youtube....h?v=NUeiw4wb75A
Achievements from EEG: https://www.youtube....h?v=MrsBxoCeStM
Congratulation message: https://www.youtube....h?v=xg5m1MwX3Sk

Haven't seen Twins in a MV for aaaaages. Miss this so much and hope Twins can have more MVs in the coming album.

And here are the updates for Gillian (with Twins) schedule for this year:

y4xXjJ.gif

Twins: Really?

EEG 15th anniversary, Happy Birthday~

• In the summer Twins will join TVB to create a charity program. They will travel to Canada to raise funds for a hospital.
  • Will collaborate with a Mainland portal site to launch a reality show
  • In August, there will be Emperor Entertainment 15th anniversary concert and Golden award ceremony where Twins will perform.
  • A 15th anniversary album will launch this year. (Apparently it will be a very special album...??)
  • And concerts on New Year's Eve.

Best cutest and prettiest of all time with no-makeup model of the year goes to...

Edited by Hilz, 23 March 2015 - 03:56 PM.

• Gill#1Fan and Antoine like this

#1364 Hilz

Hilz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 05:30 PM

Gillian @ IFPI award ceremony

Gillian got the highest selling mandarin album of the year~  :happyhappy  :happyhappy

Video News (IFPI):

https://www.youtube....h?v=8_nLN4JUueA

https://www.youtube....h?v=sr6x21rjdK4

Extra funny video of Twins in <Black Rose Academy>

Violent Gill XD

Fight Scenes

https://www.youtube....h?v=mJI2XC5e0QM

https://www.youtube....h?v=w_BWCeeHIgg

Edited by Hilz, 23 March 2015 - 05:55 PM.

• Antoine likes this

#1365 kyla

kyla

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2261 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 02:16 AM

Congrats Gillian!!!! The woman knows what her fans want.

How much did she sell exactly? I know with "Blossom" she sold 60,000 which put her at double platinum.

She does excellent in the Mandarin market so its no surprise if EEG decides to do a special album in Mandarin to capitalize on Gillian's recent success.

I just hope their songs are catchy and appealing to the Mainlanders. Gillian did well by going to Taiwan to bring a different sound to her album so hopefully EEG considers this for Twins.

Anyways, I'm not a fan reality shows but that seems to be what is popular in Entertainment. Nicholas just completed a successful cooking show so now EEG wants to try Twins in a reality shows. Good luck to them on that. I may tune in or not. The other plans like the concerts sounds good but hoping for better stage costumes that are well fitted on Gillian. 

Thanks Hilz!

Gillian as usual is gorgeous at the anniversary affair. She been so relaxed with her fashion lately. 

Edited by kyla, 24 March 2015 - 02:17 AM.

• Antoine likes this

#1366 Little_Purple_Bell

Little_Purple_Bell

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1955 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 09:32 PM

Wow, I didn't think we would ever get a good quality clip of Gillian singing 最美好的未來 live. That was my favourite track on 完整愛, and the quality of her singing actually wasn't half bad either. 

It's really nice seeing that Gillian can have a taste at personal success, and you could tell from the clip that her happiness was genuine, as she was definitely tearing up and surprised that she was the winner. Gillian's always been an artiste who goes with the flow and obeys orders from EEG management, but since 完整愛 is an album where she was completely involved with the process, I really hope that this encourages her to take more charge in what she wants to do with her career. Optimistically, this should also give her more confidence with her singing. She was great with 一輩子 last year on JSG as well. I feel like Gillian's just not very interested in singing in Cantonese anymore; either that, or she's not interested in singing her old Twins songs anymore. While her Mandarin singing has been pretty stable, her Cantonese singing is often somewhat disastrous, which is a shame because I really like her Cantonese singing voice. 

Anyways, hopefully EEG will give more resources to her when she's producing future albums, which shouldn't be too farfetched, since Gillian definitely pulls in some big bucks when she does her album-signing tours. 

• Gill#1Fan and Antoine like this

#1367 Hilz

Hilz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 03:45 PM

Hey guys, Oriental Sunday (東方新地) has an article about Gillian:

http://ww3.sinaimg.c...j20uz0zkwu9.jpg

67137e55jw1eqnmoks7bpj20oa0zkam3.jpg

67137e55jw1eqnmot9e10j20re0zk17e.jpg

67137e55jw1eqnmp1qbrvj20re0zknbz.jpg

Is there anyone that can help with the translations?

Edited by Hilz, 30 March 2015 - 04:11 PM.

• Antoine likes this

#1368 Little_Purple_Bell

Little_Purple_Bell

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1955 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 06:22 AM

^Rough translation for the above interview:

Gillian Chung: Not Disappointed in Love

This week’s guest is Ah Gil (Gillian Chung). Gillian has generously revealed her feelings and thoughts from when she entered the industry, touching on even her photo scandal, and she had also shared her thoughts on romance.

C: Cheng Siu Hong

G: Gillian Chung

C: This year is the 15th anniversary for Twins. Any plans?

G: We’ll have a sequence of events going on. There’ll be a Mandarin album in the summer. I’ve heard plans on having a reality show in Mainland, and we’ll also be having a concert at year end, which will overlap into next year.

C: How much do you think you’ve matured in the past 15 years?

G: I think my process of growing up is something that’s quite unbelievable to most people. Back when I first entered the industry, we went on school tours. Every morning, I’d have to get up early, get my hair and make-up done, and during that period of time, I was really busy and tired. Each day, I’d be seeing Charlene; I believe I would see her more than I’d see my family.

Sometimes, we’d go to a place, but I could hardly keep track of where I was because we flew around that much. There was a time where we were filming 3 or 4 movies at once, in addition to recording for our album. We’d record and then go right back to filming. One time, I was recording, but suddenly the studio went silent. It turns out I fell asleep! It was funny. However, I think it was overall a happy experience. I'm certain no one else records for an album the way we did. For every song, we learned it on the spot at the studio. In regular practice, we should be getting the demos first, get familiar with it, practice on your own, but we had no such time!

C: From that, I reckon you made a lot of money during those days?

G: Not really. At the time, we didn’t have sponsors for clothing, vehicles, make-up, or hair stylists. Everything came out of our own pockets. Fortunately, we were only a duo. If we were a larger group, I’m not sure how it would’ve been.

C: Did you guys know from the beginning that Twins would be splitting?

G: When we found out that we were forming a duo, we were shocked and almost felt let down. That’s because at that time, groups didn’t last very long in the industry, but we had no choice. Our company decided on it, so we had to trust them, and we just did what we had to do.

C: You two were popular from the beginning.

G: Maybe it was because coincidentally, there weren’t many groups at the time. When we released our debut album, I was working in Britain, and my mom phoned me saying that she couldn’t get a copy of my album. In my mind, I was thinking if it got banned or something, but there was no reason for it to be banned. Then I found out, she couldn’t get a copy because they were all sold out! I was very happy at the time!

C: After 15 years, do you think people like to compare you and Charlene?

G: I believe people have been doing that since the beginning. I feel that we were working hard for the sake of Twins. We had a common goal of wanting Twins to work. With her success in her film career today, I’m very happy for her. I won’t get jealous; I would view her as a goal-setter. I want to improve alongside with her, and I’ll keep working harder.

C: In the recent years, your career in Mainland has been very successful. You received the “Best Actress” award from the Hua Ding Awards, and your Mandarin album sales have been very good. Do you feel traumatized with developing your career in Hong Kong?

G: No, it’s because I like filming ancient dramas. I think my appearance fits ancient dramas, but yes, these recent years, I’ve spent most of my time in Mainland. There had been two years in a row, where I’ve spent my birthday in the same hotel in Mainland.

C: After that incident (photo scandal), how bad was the criticism for you?

G: For the first two months, I never stepped out of the house, nor did I open my blinds. My family didn’t let me see the news or watch TV. Of course, I still looked on my own. I cried everyday, at every moment. When I first went out after two months, I didn’t dare to lift my face. For a long time, I was wondering how people will look at me.

C: You’ve considered leaving the industry .What caused you to stay?

G: My mom had said, “It’s okay! It has already happened. If you need to, just leave the industry. We’ll learn how to spend less. You can do other things and move on with your life!” This really touched me because I only entered the industry to make life better for my family. My personality doesn’t suit the showbiz at all. However, because she said that, I felt like I could just give up like that. I also had a duty to answer to Charlene. If I just gave up, then it would feel like I’ve disappointed all the expectations that everyone had for me.

C: Do you feel psychological barriers towards having a love life?

G: I don’t think we can put it like that. With him (Edison), our relationship had been on and off for numerous times. Every time we broke up, it did have an impact on how I would feel to accept love from someone else. However, this incident didn’t make me disappointed in love. It’s just that I have to consider if my future potential would mind, and if his family will mind. There’s a lot to think about.

C: Did you ever bump into that person who made you unhappy in the recent years?

G: One time, I saw him during an airplane flight. At first, we were sitting in consecutive rows, but I requested a seat change. I didn’t know how I should react. During the plane ride, he wrote me a very lengthy letter. It was an apology letter. I suppose a late apology is better than no apology at all. I saw it as a token of consolation.

C: Are you dating now?

G: No. It’s too hard. After that incident, it’s very difficult to find someone genuine.

C: What plans do you have for your career?

G: I like acting. I hope one day, I can be like Charlene, and encounter a good script and director. I really like “Ex”, but because it was released at a sensitive time, it wasn’t able to screen in Mainland. It had very good reviews, but the film didn’t get any nominations. I thought that was a shame because we all put a lot of effort into it.

C: How about your love life? Have you thought of when you want to get married and have kids?

G: I need to find a boyfriend first! I used to aim for doing that before I’m 35, but I’m 34 already! Unless I have a lightning marriage!

C: You’ve been strong and persistent in the past 7 years!

G: I see myself as a strong person. Sometimes, I might even be too strong. Men like to protect women, but I always rush to fight my own battles. That often backfires on me, but that’s how my personality is. I’ve been supporting my family since young. During my childhood, I haven’t really had a place to call home. I think I transferred schools 4 or 5 times during kindergarten and then twice again in elementary. I think going through change had enhanced my adaptation skills, and from that, I’ve seen many facets of society.

C: After your incident, and you started working again, have you been mistreated or heard any less than kind words?

G: Yes, but there was nothing I could do about it. There was a drama where I wasn’t the main character, and I had hurt my back at the time. I didn’t have scenes scheduled, and I wanted to go see the doctor. I didn’t understand why the crew would not let me do so, even when my co-star was on paternity leave. I only had a chance to go for treatment ten months later. It hurt everyday, and I had trouble sleeping. I needed pain relief pads, which made it a little better.

C: And this change (in attitude) happened after the incident?

G: Yes.

C: Any financial pressures at the time?

G: At the time, I had just purchased two apartments, but I couldn’t finance it. In the end, we had to sell one. My mom sold it cheaply, and then the buyer resold it at a high price.

C: How about other aspects of life? Did you have enough to spend?

G: We were just feeding on my savings. I didn’t have work for more than a year, and my family had expenses. It was difficult for my family.

C: Do you still avoid going out?

G: I like staying at home. I used to love shopping, but now I just stay at home. I don’t love going out. One time, I went to Korea with my mom and her stylist friend; they were out shopping until the next morning at 6, but I just stayed at the hotel.

C: What do you do at home?

G: I like watching entertainment shows from Mainland. From watching it more, people around me have said that my Mandarin has improved.

C: You’ve been consecutively releasing Mandarin albums. Is your career focus not in Hong Kong anymore?

G: I like Mandarin songs more than Cantonese songs. I feel lucky that my company has been willing to finance for my album because my production crew is quite expensive. I quite like my most recent album. One time, I had spinal problems, but I still had to take a car ride for eight hours to get to a tour stop.

C: Since you don’t leave home very often, where does your money go?

G: I have a monthly allowance. I’ve marked a limit on my credit card.

C: You’ve given all your money to your mom for investment?

G: And for paying annuities for our apartments.  

C: How many properties do you own?

G: I don’t know. I don’t care to ask. I feel like the more that I keep up with these things, the more pressure I get. I still need to work, so I’ll just keep working and keep paying. I want to keep frustration to a minimum.

~

Caption 1: From filming action dramas through the years and injuring herself on an entertainment show, Gillian said, “My spine is a bit crooked, as is my waist and hip bone; there’s a small fracture near my neck. Before, I had to use sleeping pills and painkillers, but now I’ve turned to herbal medicine. Recently, I’ve started to soak my feet at night, and that’s been helping me sleep better.”

Caption 2: When asked if she thought Charlene career path is smoother than hers, Gillian laughed and said, “She’s a lucky girl! She’s blessed all around!”

Caption 3: Gillian frankly admits that she has lost fans from her photo scandal, but at the time, she had gained fans that began supporting her after the incident. She said, “They see me as a strong figure because I’ve never blamed anyone, or said anything bad about him. I just need to fight my own battles.”

Twins’ Twins manager, Mani (Mani Fok has a twin sister, Noven), told me that Gillian is a rare case in the industry, who is able to act in ancient and modern dramas, and who can sing and act. She constantly tells me to support her. However, I need to admit that I was the same as some Hong Kong people, where I once judged her. However, after this interview, I’ve changed my thoughts on Gillian completely. She never blamed anyone for what has happened. She was a victim, but no one offered any sympathy. After seven years, she is still persisting in her career and working up against the flow. This type of strength and persistence, I’m certain that not everyone can do it. Gillian, I support you. It’s only a matter of time where you will regain what was once yours.

Edited by Little_Purple_Bell, 01 April 2015 - 06:22 AM.

• Gill#1Fan, Antoine and Hilz like this

#1369 kyla

kyla

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2261 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 03:17 PM

Thanks to both Hilz and Little_Purple_Bell!!

I'm  glad she made it clear she never asked for an apology :whistle 

Many netizens pretty much heard what they wanted to hear during her first interview in 2009. And Edison apologizing to Gillian even though he didn't need to was pretty awesome of him. This proves to me that the whole scandal is now all in the past and everyone has moved on with their lives respectfully. I always found Gillian really honest during interviews. She admits her personality doesn't fit entertainment and that she only came back to insure her family is not burden with financial problems. She also admits she not jealous of Charlene but admires her and want to follow in her footsteps. Even though she has her own successful career back in Mainland, she only been praising Charlene's acting and hoping she wins the top actress award. Gillian will have her time soon. It may not be in Hong Kong because that not where she is focused on but it will come soon. Her reasons for coming back was her family but your tell she really wants to build her career and act among the best. 

• Antoine and Hilz like this

#1370 Antoine

Antoine

SNSD Sunshiner

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3158 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 04:06 AM

HAPPY EASTER

to

Gillian Chung

&

all of her fans 

Today, Gillian's weibo reached

:yeah 21 Million Followers ! :yeah

Edited by Antoine, 06 April 2015 - 04:03 AM.

#1371 Hilz

Hilz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 12:40 PM

Hey guys, Gillian featured in <YOHO!GIRL> Magazine!! Gillian looks sooo cute and pretty at the same time!! It feels so different to the magazines Gillian featured in where it was so dark or very classy.

7d8ea0ec08fa513d07f27820396d55fbb3fbd9f1

3e1a0ef41bd5ad6e1b8b701485cb39dbb7fd3cdb

f7d4ad6eddc451da49441815b2fd5266d116329b

Few more pages: 

http://imgsrc.baidu....b63f724a8a5.jpg

http://imgsrc.baidu....950342ab0b8.jpg

http://imgsrc.baidu....6d12e2e95a7.jpg

Tudou: 《welcome to my d'zzit wonderland》 YOHO!Girl X GillIan Chung 钟欣桐

And also, Gillian has reopened her IG to public! If you haven't, go and follow her! @q_gill

Edited by Hilz, 10 April 2015 - 01:03 PM.

• Antoine likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gillian chung, twins, hong kong

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)