AF needs funding again

Photo

[TVB] Highs and Lows 雷霆掃毒

drug tvb modern cop raymond lam michael miu elaine ng kate tsui ella koon highs and lows

• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

#1 jerebtvb

jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10123 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 06:16 AM

English Title:
Highs and Lows

Chinese Title:
雷霆掃毒

Chinese Pinyin: - lui ting sao du
Cantonese Title: - lui ting sou duk

Costume Fitting Date:
18 January 2012

Blessing Ceremony Date:
25 April 2012

Genre:
Modern/Cop/Drama

Producer:
Lam Chi Wah (Wish and Switch, Beauty Knows No Pain, A Pillow Case of Mystery I, II)

Copy editors:
Leung Yan Dung, Yip Tin Sing

Filming Location:
Hong Kong

Filming Length:
January 2012-April 2012

Episodes:

Cast:
Michael Miu
Elaine Ng
Raymond Lam
Ella Koon
Kate Tsui
MC Jin
Ben Wong
Lo Lok Lam
Derek Kok
Raymond Tsang
Jazz Lam
Jack Hui
Quinn Ho
Patrick Dunn
Yeung Ching Wah
Lam King Kong
Kayi Cheung
Hugo Wong
Max Cheung
Lam Sau Yi
Lily Lee
Lily Leung
Eileen Yeow
CTI Ho
Yu Chi Ming
Bryant Mak
Lily Ho
Kou Chun Mun
Roseanne Lui
Kitterick Yiu
Geoffrey Wong
Ching Hor Wai
Vincent Lam
Amy Fan

Info: Credit to hyn5 blog
- It is the TVB Upcoming Sales Presentation 2012.
- Michael Miu and Elaine Ng will play a divorced couple.
- Raymond Lam will play Wai Sai Lok (韋世樂), a superior of the Criminal Intelligence Bureau.
- Ella Koon will play Ko Hei Suen (高希璇), a cop. She will have a crush on Raymond.
- Kate Tsui will play a drug dealer and a bar fist gamer. In the beginning, she is a girl who does any job (e.g., becoming a fist gamer, selling pirated goods) in order to make money to care for her ill younger brother. She speaks rather crudely because she is not very educated.
- Raymond, Ella, and Kate will be involved in a love triangle. She will have a romantic storyline with Raymond. Later, because of some unhappy experiences, she will slowly become a drug addict.
- Ben Wong will play Poon Hok Lai (潘學禮), a smart and ambitious Senior Inspector of Police of the Organized Crime and Triad Bureau who later becomes a Chief Inspector of Police of the Operations Section. He and Raymond are workplace rivals as well as romantic rivals (i.e., he will pursue Ella, but Ella has a crush on Raymond, while Raymond likes Kate).
- Derek Kwok will play a cop.
- Kayi Cheung will play a cop.
- Hugo Wong will play Lee Kei Ching (李紀正), a member of the Narcotics Bureau.
- Ho Chun Hin will play Chan Wing Lim (陳永廉), a member of the Financial Investigation Bureau. He is Elaine's subordinate.

Edited by jerebtvb, 01 October 2012 - 07:53 AM.

#2 jerebtvb

jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10123 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 11:51 AM

Sales Presentation series - Thunder of Anti-drug

Michael Miu

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://ww3.sinaimg.c...dltc7tz88kj.jpg
Posted Image
http://ww3.sinaimg.c...dltcbnye1bj.jpg
http://ww4.sinaimg.c...dltcet4mrsj.jpg

Edited by jerebtvb, 05 October 2011 - 11:55 AM.

#3 JustBK

JustBK

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 05:06 PM

Very Interesting If Kate Plays With Kevin :)
  • PtiiteViet95 likes this

#4 jerebtvb

jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10123 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 12:55 AM

More filming pictures

Posted Image

Roger, Michael, Kate & Joyce
Posted Image

Posted Image
http://ww4.sinaimg.c...dltj5j9n26j.jpg
http://ww3.sinaimg.c...dltj4rsbpzj.jpg

Edited by jerebtvb, 06 October 2011 - 01:45 AM.

#5 jerebtvb

jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10123 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:44 AM

Joyce & Kate
Posted Image

Posted Image

Michael Miu
Posted Image

Edited by jerebtvb, 06 October 2011 - 04:05 AM.

#6 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36235 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 02:49 AM

Joyce Tang fears of oversleeping, face turns into 'knife-shaved noodles'
Thursday October 6, 2011 Hong Kong
Source: The Sun
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums/

Posted Image
(Caption: The pregnant and druggie Kate threatens Joyce at gunpoint, Roger appeared helpless)

Posted Image

Kate Tsui, Michael Miu, Joyce Tang and Roger Kwok were shooting for the 2012 Sales Presentation series Thunderous Drug Raid (tentative) a few nights ago. Kate excitedly expressed in Thunderous she will no longer play a cop: "I already been a cop 5 times. I finally have the opportunity to be a druggie, it's quite interesting!" As for Joyce, she has been busy shooting for the new sitcom, she frankly said she feels pressure from work: "One day I was afraid I would oversleep, so I slept on the couch, but unexpectedly the next morning I got myself 'knife-shaved noodles' on my face!" Michael Miu reveals Thunderous should start shooting in January, and he doesn't mind playing either a cop or druggie. He also exposed he did 'chat' with Ricky Wong: "It's a good thing. At least colleagues are valued now!" Roger Kwok laughed and said since his popular 'Ah Wong' role, it has been several years since TVB asked him to shoot a police series.

#7 jerebtvb

jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10123 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 03:01 AM

This series is confirmed to film in January 2012. The confirmed cast is Michael Miu.

More filming pictures

Credit to on.cc

Posted Image

Posted Image

Joyce & Michael
Posted Image

Edited by jerebtvb, 07 October 2011 - 03:07 AM.

#8 jerebtvb

jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10123 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 03:32 AM

More filming pictures
Posted Image

#9 *.marshmalloww

*.marshmalloww

piko ♥ .

• Forum Seniors
  • 3318 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:12 AM

Omg, Kate looks really good here! And actually everyone else does too.
Really glad to see Joyce Tang in more series ^_^
I think I'll like the cast, plus more police action...
I willl watch this for sure :)

#10 Tinkmika

Tinkmika

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:38 AM

Wow i hope they stick with the cast that they are doing for the productions! Roger and Kate get to work together again! Also Kate is pregnant and is a druggie? Haha i like this role. I wonder what she will be like! As in for Joyce and Michael, hooray! I don't see Kevin in the pictures. Overall this drama seems very convincing to me. Keep on updating :thumbsup

Edited by Tinkmika, 07 October 2011 - 09:40 AM.

• jerebtvb likes this

#11 Tinkmika

Tinkmika

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 05:57 AM

Kate Tsui’s Revolutionary Behavior; Acting As A Drug Dealer For The Very First Time
Friday October 7, 2011 Hong Kong
Source: Oriental Daily
Translated by: Ah K @ http://www.jaynestars.com

Posted Image

Ever since she entered the television industry since her pageant days, Kate Tsui (徐子珊) has already acted in a police role for a total of five times. However, it seemed like Kate may finally be able to shake off the stereotyping role for a short while now as she managed to try her hand at acting as a pregnant drug dealer, which was something quite the contrary from her usual role, for the 2012 TVB Sales Presentation.

Kate laughed and delightedly professed that she finally didn’t have to act as a police officer yet again. While they were filming, Kate’s character was even required to point the gun against the temple of Joyce Tang‘s (滕麗名) chararacter, in a bid to scare Joyce. When interviewed, fellow cast members Michael Miu (苗僑偉) and Roger Kwok (郭晉安) expressed that the concept of this drama genre was fresh thus they greatly hope that the company would place additional resources to film more of such high quality dramas to benefit the audiences.

Posted Image

Kate Tsui, Joyce Tang, Michael Miu and Roger Kwok were busy filming the trailer for one of the dramas scheduled for the 2012 TVB Sales Presentation yesterday. One of the scenes filmed for their action-packed drama, Thunderous Drug Raid《雷霆掃毒》(tentative title), was a thrilling gunfire exchange which saw Roger’s police character storming into the scene in his bulletproof vest.

Kate expressed that she had previously shot a trailer for Triumph In The Skies II《衝上雲霄II》for the 2012 TVB Sales Presentation and harbored hopes to have an opportunity to participate in the actual filming of “Triumph” as it was considered to be one of the TVB classic dramas of all time. Kate also lamented that she had unfortunately missed the chance to star in the first installment of “Triumph” as she had not entered the industry yet at that point in time.

In “Thunderous Drug Raid”, Kate Tsui appeared onscreen as a pregnant drug dealer and had pressed a gun against Joyce Tang’s temple, making the scene feel severely intense. Kate remarked, “I’m finally not acting as a police again this time ’round. Ever since I entered the industry, I have acted as a police officer for a total of five times now thus it is rather satisfactory to have such an opportunity acting as a villain for this drama! However, it is still too soon to speak as I’m not even sure whether I would be handed this role when this drama officially starts filming.”

Joyce Tang, on the other hand, revealed that she was currently busy shooting a comedy sitcom and filmed from morning to night, “I have not tried waking up at 7AM in the morning for a long time now. It’s really quite pressurizing.”

Michael Miu denoted that “Thunderous Drug Raid” will only officially start filming next January. Asked Michael whether he would be acting as a police officer or a drug lord, Michael laughed and replied, “They are still thinking about it but anything is fine with me. I don’t mind acting as a villain either.”

Michael, who had signed on a per-series contract with TVB, professed that he would be filming two dramas for TVB next year. The reporter then brought up the topic of the recent poaching trend and asked Michael whether he would be worried about the quality of future TVB dramas.

In reply to this, Michael responded, “Since Ricky Wong (王維基) [Chairman of rival television station City Telecom] has already been aggressively poaching, TVB should just quickly hire more people to fill the positions vacated lor!” (Reporter: Did Ricky Wong try to poach you?) “Well, we briefly chatted before lor! Artistes like us are usually freelance actors thus it is of the utmost importance that TVB shoots some huge production dramas that are of a certain quality and assurance. However, this can also be considered to be a good matter as the professionals in our industry are finally being highly regarded again.”

Posted Image

Roger Kwok turned down jobs to spend more time with his family

Ever since Roger gained success from acting in comical drama series like Square Pegs《憨夫成龙》, Life Made Simple《阿旺新传》and D.I.E.《古灵精探》, he has not been asked by the company to act in any serious police-themed dramas for a long time now. Roger professed that to shoot series of this genre, it was most significant for TVB to be willing to invest as much resources as possible.

Roger continued, “I have signed a per-series contract on top of my management contract with TVB for a long time now. For these past few years, I have been filming to and fro between China and Hong Kong. Although I had to give up many job offers, I still enjoy this current work arrangement as I am after all a family man now so I hope to spend more time bonding with my family. ”

In other news, Steven Ma (馬浚偉) was accused of being a fence-sitter for positioning himself right beside the General Manager of TVB Broadcasting Affairs, Stephen Chan (陳志雲), at one moment and ingratiating himself with the Production and Resource Director of TVB, Virginia Lok (樂易玲), at the next moment.

In reply to this, Steven helplessly reverted, “I guess I can only dismiss these absurd and fabricated rumors with a laugh lah! Everyone knows that this is totally baseless as I have always said that although “Tsang-Jie” Catherine Tsang (曾勵珍) is my mentor and Mr Chan has indeed given me several good opinions with regards to my contract, I rarely interacted with Ms Lok. Saying that I fawn upon Ms Lok, would anyone even believe it in the first place?”

----------------------------
Wow, according to the news, Kate will be a drug dealer! Haha has anyone ever thought that her role immediately made you think that she took over "Bai Co's" business in Lives of Omission? :unsure: Just a thought from a friend of mine! What are your opinions?

Edited by Tinkmika, 09 October 2011 - 09:17 AM.

#12 spikedpunch

spikedpunch

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1333 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 12:11 AM

Kate's so pretty here! These are probably one of the many times where I would totally die to have her prettiness! :iloveyou:

#13 jerebtvb

jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10123 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 02:54 PM

Roger, Kevin, Kate & Joyce

Posted Image

Michael & Kate
Posted Image

Roger
Posted Image

#14 jerebtvb

jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10123 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 03:30 PM

Fan-made poster! :iloveyou:

Hope the Sales Presentation cast can be the original one in the real series to be filmed in January next year!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by jerebtvb, 31 October 2011 - 11:49 PM.

#15 jerebtvb

jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10123 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:20 PM

TVB Sales Presentation Trailer

Credit to tungstar

Posted Image

Thunderous Drug Raid
Posted Image
Main Cast:
Michael Miu, Roger Kwok, Kevin Cheng, Kate Tsui, Joyce Tang & Jazz Lam

#16 swtvtgrl

swtvtgrl

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1690 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 04:14 AM

From the pictures, the pairings are Michael and Kate and Roger and Joyce?

#17 spikedpunch

spikedpunch

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1333 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:24 AM

I want a Kate & Kevin pairing! :iloveyou:

#18 evieta

evieta

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:25 AM

oh my god!! i wanted roger+kate pairing, but roger and joyce is fine with me

From the pictures, the pairings are Michael and Kate and Roger and Joyce?

#19 jerebtvb

jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10123 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:43 AM

The tentative name of the series is "Fight Crime".

Clearer version of the screen caps

Credit to kuangai tvb & tungstar

Posted Image

#20 jerebtvb

jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10123 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:44 PM

TVB Sales Presentation Pictures

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#21 jerebtvb

jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10123 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:40 PM

Most likely Raymond Lam will film this series in the end of January next year! He will play a disciplinary force member for the first time!

Posted Image

Edited by jerebtvb, 06 December 2011 - 01:46 PM.

#22 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36235 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:42 AM

TVB 2012 Sales Presentation:

Watch here:

hyn5-hyn5.blogspot.com/2011/12/thunderous-drug-raid-tvb-2012-sales.html

#23 jerebtvb

jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10123 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 02:32 AM

From iammcjin Twitter

Looks like I'll be starting to film my second TVB drama right after CNY! #ABCsThatLoveTVB No.. not Triumph In The Skies ll.. still no date!

Link: https://twitter.com/#!/iammcjin/status/145253910276345857

So it indicates this drama will start its production in the end of January 2012....I am anticipating more of the female casts! So, Michael Miu, Raymond Lam & MC Jin...a great combination.

I predict Kate Tsui will be in it! Tavia, Myolie, Fala and Linda will not have time to film it. Second line actress like Nancy, Aimee, Natalie, Mandy, Sire will not be in it as well since they are filming the other respective series. I hope Selena Li or Sharon can be in this series! :thumbsup

Edited by jerebtvb, 11 December 2011 - 02:33 AM.

#24 Guest_Mikuo_*

Guest_Mikuo_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:07 AM

I'm sure kate will be the female lead of this one...
for the other role i hope selena will be confirmed in this.
and hopefully a Selena n Raymond pairing ^^ it'll be awesome!

#25 jerebtvb

jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10123 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:15 AM

I'm sure kate will be the female lead of this one...
for the other role i hope selena will be confirmed in this.
and hopefully a Selena n Raymond pairing ^^ it'll be awesome!

Yeah, love another Raymond+Selena pairing after 'Face to Fate'. Since Selena only filmed a guest role in "The Great Eunuch", I hope she can be in this series. Please...let it be happen.

#26 Guest_Mikuo_*

Guest_Mikuo_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:38 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcK18LK-pUQ&feature=related

Yeah, love another Raymond+Selena pairing after 'Face to Fate'. Since Selena only filmed a guest role in "The Great Eunuch", I hope she can be in this series. Please...let it be happen.

yea! i love their chemistry in FTF. hope tvb would put her in this one.
this series looks like a potential 2012 anniversary modern drama...

Edited by Mikuo, 11 December 2011 - 04:38 AM.

• jerebtvb likes this

#27 jerebtvb

jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10123 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:42 PM

Ben Wong is confirmed to film this series on February next year!

#28 JustBK

JustBK

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:50 PM

Can't wait!!!! I think that this series would be a series with a good rating.
Like the cast.
Especially Kate, Michael, Roger, Kevin, Joyce.
I think that it's enough to make a good series.
No need to add others actor with a leading role.

#29 selliesellie

selliesellie

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1540 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 04:56 AM

I think Raymond is replacing Roger. I heard Roger will film another mainland series at that time.

#30 evieta

evieta

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:56 AM

man, what the f***, why raymond, ewwww, my opin., but i wanted roger to film this really bad, what a bummer he's not in the cast anymore. damn, one less good actor left.
  • CRF likes this

#31 JustBK

JustBK

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:14 PM

honestly, I think Roger Is better than Raymond for the role. I prefer the first cast which is Kate, Roger, Michael, Kevin. When I see the trailer, I imagine Raymond who replaces roger. I say No.
  • CRF and chelsikayo like this

#32 FantasyMania

FantasyMania

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7061 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:13 PM

This series looks good. Kate and Kevin second time in presentation and none in a series, why?

#33 evieta

evieta

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:07 AM

of course, no one wants him like me. prefer roger much better, a versatile actor

honestly, I think Roger Is better than Raymond for the role. I prefer the first cast which is Kate, Roger, Michael, Kevin. When I see the trailer, I imagine Raymond who replaces roger. I say No.

• CRF and chelsikayo like this

#34 s a r a h

s a r a h

我的白馬王子

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3690 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 06:18 AM

Give Raymond a chance with a new character as i do not recall him acting as a cop before. :)

#35 jerebtvb

jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10123 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 06:46 AM

Source from kuangai tvb & Kate Tsui International Official Website

After CNY, Kate Tsui will film this series.

Hope it is Michael Miu and Kate pairing similar as in the Sales Presentation clip.

#36 ~ ♥ Malec ~

~ ♥ Malec ~

..::♥ Cutie ♥::..

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12403 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:59 PM

This series looks good. Kate and Kevin second time in presentation and none in a series, why?

Kate confirmed her parts in the series.

When ppl will understand that the Sale clip cast and content do nothing in the actual series? There is no replacement as well as the characters will be changed. Hmm, seems like many ppl can't understand this. If can't, please take note for this and stop complaining.

#37 minilight1020

minilight1020

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1134 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:49 AM

What? so roger is not filming this? I really wanted Roger in this series. I can't picture Raymond holding a gun. i dunno why.

#38 dynamicfoe

dynamicfoe

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:19 AM

Give Raymond a chance with a new character as i do not recall him acting as a cop before. :)

No kidding, people giving him the death sentence before the trial.
  • minilight1020 and ~ ♥ Malec ~ like this

#39 Tinkmika

Tinkmika

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:23 AM

That is great to know Kate has confirmed to play as a pregnant drug dealer! Haha i'm so anticipated to see Kate act her role! I bet she will do very good at it too. I really like the story line through this series and besides i think this is quite a fresh new image by TVB? I hope Roger will film this :unsure: Raymond Lam. Erh he sounds ok in this series but i'll give him a chance if he actually films it... Support Kate, Michael, Kevin , Joyce and Roger clapclap
  • JustBK likes this

#40 jerebtvb

jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10123 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:34 AM

That is great to know Kate has confirmed to play as a pregnant drug dealer! Haha i'm so anticipated to see Kate act her role! I bet she will do very good at it too. I really like the story line through this series and besides i think this is quite a fresh new image by TVB? I hope Roger will film this :unsure: Raymond Lam. Erh he sounds ok in this series but i'll give him a chance if he actually films it... Support Kate, Michael, Kevin , Joyce and Roger clapclap

It is still early to confirm whether Kate will be the pregnant drug dealer as shown in the clip. Kevin surely will not be in it as he will film a mainland series with Michael Tse during that time. Joyce is still unconfirmed whether she will film it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: drug, tvb, modern, cop, raymond lam, michael miu, elaine ng, kate tsui, ella koon, highs and lows

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users