AF needs funding again

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Startling by Each Step / Bu Bu Jing Xin (步步驚心)

• Please log in to reply
297 replies to this topic

#281 Snowflakes Dance

Snowflakes Dance

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:08 PM

Post #263 mentioned that filming will start in October.

Liu Shi Shi's drama serials seems mostly costumed drama. It would be interesting to see her in modern day drama.

Her modern series will be shown late this year, I think (not 100% sure). That one's with Ming Dao.

#282 joano

joano

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:59 AM

Posted Image

Nicky Wu
Also known as: The has-been pop idol turned method actor
Career revival in Scarlet Heart, 2011

Best remembered for being a member of the Little Tigers Team, in the late 80s and early 90s, Taiwanese actor-singer Nicky Wu's brush with fame took a slight dip when the band disbanded in 1995. Although he continued with solo singing and acting activities on his own, Nicky's career eventually meandered towards uncertainty when he had to clear a throng of family debts, and his marriage to Chinese actress Ma Yashu failed in 2009.
His showbiz career was unexpectedly resurrected from the pits last year when he starred as Emperor Yong Zeng in the widely-lauded Hunan TV series, Scarlet Heart. The 40-year-old impressed with his nuanced and refined acting, and charmed his way into the hearts of TV viewers and new fans with his character's resilience and charisma. Fans will be pleased to know that the original cast of Scarlet Heart, including Nicky, will be coming together again to film a sequel of the show set in modern times.

Source : 18 Mar 2012 http://entertainment...=5998708&page=1

#283 jouayx

jouayx

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:30 AM

I just finish this drama yesterday, and it was so saddddd. :'( . I love the the storyline to it and the character. They have such great acting as well. I don't usually watch historical chinese drama like these, but this well be my very first favorite one. <3 Wicky Wu is so damn handsome and Liu shi shi is soo pretty as well. (: What sadden me the most is the 4th prince didn't get to see ruoxi before she pass away :( it just tears me apart and included the letter ruoxi wrote to the 4th prince before she died. . D: It freaken hurts, my heart ache for both of them . TT^TT . :D But i am looking foward for the modern version of bu bu xing jin. Hope most of the character well be in there (: && hope time well just go by fast ;~; >w<.

#284 kpopjpopmpopcpop

kpopjpopmpopcpop

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:49 PM

hI~~~ i am back to the forum b'cos of bu bu jing xin ^^ this drama is kiling me, wasting alot of my tissue paper ^^ but worth it... i was wondering, it is true that there won't be sequel 2?

#285 HeTieShou

HeTieShou

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1934 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:46 AM

It won't really be a sequel.. I heard that it is just a modern version with mostly the same cast and all...I enjoyed this series overall too.. It was so sad at the end though...

#286 joano

joano

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:09 AM

So far for the rest of this year nothing is lined up for sequel2 or just a modern version.

#287 HeTieShou

HeTieShou

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1934 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:53 AM

I just got some collectibles Bu Bu Jing xin including the special Gold collectors edition filled with goodies. Anyone who wants to or has trouble getting any collectibles, merchandise, photobooks or anything for this series or any artists at all, please contact Tom at flyingfrog390@gmail.com and he will help you get any collectibles that you want. He is really nice,honest and helpful. if it were not for his help, then I would not be able to get soo many nice collectibles of Nicky, Bu Bu Jing xin and other stars and series.

Edited by HeTieShou, 22 June 2012 - 02:53 AM.

#288 AHSA'sVIP

AHSA'sVIP

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9788 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:19 AM

Congrats to BU Bu Jing Xing for making it internationally know for its good script and acting.

IN Seoul International Drama awards. Nicky won best actor and the drama won Best Foreign Drama of the Year!

Edited by Sparta&Ace Couple, 10 September 2012 - 02:20 AM.

#289 Meow ♡

Meow ♡

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1302 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:57 AM

Love love love this series! Did I say I love it? xD I don't ever watch mainland dramas but decided to watch BBJX because Kevin Cheng is in it and I loved it! I rewatched it a few times and always find myself crying at the same parts! Yes it's that good.

I just wish Ruoxi could make up her mind and less confusing. But overall, very nice series, awesome casts, oh and... pretty princes! haha can't forget that.

#290 Meow ♡

Meow ♡

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1302 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:41 PM

Rewatching BBJX for the 4th time! Haha don't ask me why! Yes it's THAT good!

Btw, where is BBJX 2! Any news?

#291 we12

we12

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:12 PM

Some news about part 2.

Link:
http://www.jaynestar...lunar-new-year/
http://ent.qq.com/a/...0111/000312.htm

#292 CSjc118

CSjc118

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

So far for the rest of this year nothing is lined up for sequel2 or just a modern version.

There will be a modern version, but I am afraid that the second might not be as impressed as the original one. Besides, KC( the one who plays the 8th prince might not be able to continue his acting in the second series)

Actually, I don't think you really get the story.. You probably just watched the story without really thinking about it or even paying attention to the story.. There are so many little details shown in the storyline that actually answers all your questions, whether it be in the drama or the original novel. It simply does make sense. Or it's just the fact that you are shipping 8th-RX so badly, that you failed to judge the story from an objective standard.

Ruoxi didn't like 4th Prince Yinzhen out of all sudden. You can actually see that she gradually developed her feelings for him. Heck, she thought of him when she was kissing 8th Prince Yinsi. I thought the drama did a good job at depicting this process; the balcony scene, her confrontations with him, the fact that Ruoxi is "afraid" to see this Bing Kuai Lian etc. It proves that 4th might not have entered her heart all the way from the beginning, but he definitely gained her attention.. unconsciously. Actually, her process and relationship with 4th is more developed than her relationship with 8th. We see how they met each other, how they started to pay attention to each other, how they started to care about each other, how they started to fall for each other, how they started to love each other, and lastly, how they started to madly long for each other. When she broke up with 8th, she didn't like 4th yet. In the original story, it was stated that there were actually two years between the breakup and the beginning of her relationship with 4th. You have to remember: we are talking about a story with a time span of twenty years. All the events are not taking place right after each other. In the drama, the time span didn't show well, but the director tried to show the passing of time through the changes in season: spring (the blooming of mei hua/blossoms), summer, autumn (tree leaves), winter (snow), new year etc. and their numerous Royal trips beyond the Great Wall. For example, in this case with the breakup: 1st year passing away: 10th gave the paper latern as a gift to Ruoxi (I think it was during Yuan Xiao festival?), 2nd (next) year passing away: quarrel between 10th and Mingyu because she discovered that he gave a paper latern to Ruoxi last year, which led to the scene where he kicked Ruoxi. And it is only after that when Ruoxi finally developed feelings for 4th (as shown in her last letter).

The scene where Ruoxi asked 4th to marry her, can cause some confusion. The truth is, at that time, she didn't like 4th yet. The Crown Prince wanted to marry her, and Ruoxi finally came to understand that not everything will go the way she wants to. She simply cannot reject the CP. The reason why she asked 4th to marry her, was actually because she wanted to find someone who is powerful enough to rely on. 4th understood her, he knew her motive and he was willing to fulfill her request even knowing that she didn't want to marry him out of love, but merely to find a protection (kao shan).

When did Ruoxi finally start to like 4th? The letter explains it all actually: "From the moment someone said with all honesty that he "wanted" it (the throne), he already held the key to open my heart". It was since the moment when 4th and Ruoxi made a deal to be completely honest with each other that she started to fall for him. His honesty and sincerity moved her, cause that was exactly what she longed for, which refers to a conversation between 4th and Ruoxi before, where she honestly tells him that she can do fake words as well, but she chooses to tell and hear the truth, regardless of how harsh and dark it may be. 4th's honesty and frankness about his desire for the throne was something that Ruoxi would never expect to hear from him. 8th had also been open about his desire, but the difference between 4th and 8th in this case is that everyone knew about 8th's plans and wild ambitions; his wifes, the court officials, his brothers, heck, even his own father Kangxi did. It is an open secret. But 4th Prince, on the other hand, had stayed in the shadow all the time.

Ruoxi: "Even your own father had never suspected you, why did you choose to tell me?"

4th's desire for the throne is one of his deepest secrets hidden in the bottom of his heart. He didn't even tell his closest brother 13th Prince Yinxiang about his ambitions. The fact that he was so completely honest with her regarding his deepest secret, that can easily cost his life if she gives it away, was something that she had never experienced among these brothers (except for her soulmate 13th). He trusted her and he understood her, and she understood him. She once said: "Finally, there is someone who is willing to listen to me, who is willing to let me speak, who is willing to understand me".

Her relationship and love for 4th can be devided into three stages according to her letter:

1. "From the moment someone said with all honesty that he "wanted" it, he already held the key to open my heart". ------------ He entered her mind.
2. "When he threw away his umbrella and stayed by my side to endure the pain and the hurt with me, I finally opened my heart to him". ------------ He entered her heart.
3. "When he protected me, and used his own back to shield the arrow, I could not forget about him for my entire life." ------------ Finally, he entered her soul.

First, the fact whether they are willing to give up the throne or not doesn't make any difference. In the end, none of the princes will do that, except for 10th and 13th, but even these two had other reasons to remain in the fight for the throne. Why did Ruoxi so desperately wanted 8th to give up on the throne? Not because she wanted him all for the sake of herself or for the sake of romance to be all lovey-dovey for their entire life, it was because she knew what was going to happen. She knew his fate. Ruoxi is not your regular female lead jumped from a fairytale. She had to face reality and she did: "Is it because sixteen years is not enough? Or is it because I don't love him enough?"

I actually liked the very last scene where she says her goodbyes to 8th. There was no romantic feel of love between the two, but merely the feeling of love and care between two dearest people who see each other as a part of their family. A very peaceful atmosphere. Ruoxi gave her entire heart to 4th Prince, and I believe that 8th Prince finally gave his heart to his wife, Minghui.

Liu Shishi once said: Ruoxi likes 8th (xiang lian), but she loves 4th (xiang ai), which I just wholeheartedly agree with (based on the drama). I have never found Ruoxi and 8th to be so deeply in love with each other, that it becomes hard for me to swallow their breakup. Ruoxi's feelings for 8th were sincere, but it was far behind the deep love and longing she had for 4th. She was willing to spend six years of a woman's most beautiful youth, to wash eunuchs' clothes for her 4th Prince.

The difference between 4th and 8th is actually pretty obvious. 8th Prince's fate isn't the only obstacle in their relationship. Her complicated relationships with his household will also cause rifts. From the very beginning we can already sense the bad relations between Ruoxi and 8th Prince's Di Fujin and her little sister Mingyu. Moreover, there is the existence of her sister Ruolan as 8th Prince's Ce Fujin. There is always a part of 8th's heart that belongs to Ruolan, whether she hates him or not - it doesn't matter. 8th may have the sweetest mouth, but in the end of the day, he wouldn't care less about the fights between the women of his household. Ruoxi knows that very well, like the case with Hongwang (his son) and Ruolan as he tried to hid and oversee the fact that Hongwang frequently disturbs Ruolan when Ruoxi questioned him about it. Sooner or later, all these "little" problems are going to ruin their relationship that will only last for sixteen years if they decide to stay with each other. Facing against the first wife, Di Fujin, whom Ruoxi cannot avoid to argue with, facing another woman, Ce Fujin, her own kind sister.. dealing with these two important women and a man who cannot give his entire heart to you.. Would Ruoxi be really happy?

A second example that clearly illustrates the difference between 4th and 8th is: honesty. 8th Prince promised to crown her Ruoxi as his Empress, but is that really the truth? Ruoxi perfectly understands what is going on. Minghui, as 8th's Di Fujin, fulfilled her duty as his main wife as nobody could do any better. There is absolutely no way that he will crown Ruoxi instead, even if he doesn't love Minghui as much as he loves Ruoxi. He once admitted to Minghui: "There is noone who can replace you. Only you are qualified to be in this position." We come to see two problems: 1). He "lied" to Ruoxi as he only tried to coax her. 2). He doesn't understand Ruoxi: being Empress is one of the least things she would want to be.

4th Prince, on the other hand, choosed to be completely honest with her. When she tried to test 4th by asking him to crown her as the Empress, he honestly told her that he isn't able to do that. His Di Fujin did nothing wrong and she had always fulfill her duty. There is no reason why she should be punished with such disgrace. Second, he knew that this isn't what Ruoxi is longing for: "I now own the entire world, but I know all this doesn't matter to you." He understood her, that is why his heart is the only thing he could give to her..

In Ruoxi's eyes, 8th Prince seems so far away. He always uses sweet words to flatter her (crowning her as his Empress), tries to hide or even avoid the ugly truth (Hongwang kicking Ruolan). However, he doesn't have the honesty, sincerity and the fact that he is willing to speak the ugly truth instead of hiding the truth underneath beautiful lies. But this is exactly what Ruoxi is longing for. Without doubt, 8th has always been good to Ruoxi, whether it be as her brother-in-law or her lover. He has always helped her whenever she is in trouble. But so what? In the end of the day, 8th just isn't the man for her. Is it 8th's fault? No. Is it 4th's fault? No. Is it Ruoxi's fault? No. It's because of love. As simple as it is: "In Ruoxi's heart, there is no Emperor, but only 4th Prince, the person who took my soul away." I believe that Ruoxi left 8th because she didn't love him enough, whereas she left 4th because she loved him too much.

All that being said: I have never read the original novel, which is said to be even more exquisite and detailed. Above is all solely based on the drama, including the quotes. I hope you have a better understanding now. The story of Bu Bu Jing Xin isn't nearly as superficial as you think :).

I see you touch the heart of this story! Great! Maybe you can understand Mandarin?

#293 小辫子

小辫子

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:31 AM

步步惊心蛮好看的,十四爷很帅啊有木有?

#294 jolieann

jolieann

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:05 AM

There will be a modern version, but I am afraid that the second might not be as impressed as the original one. Besides, KC( the one who plays the 8th prince might not be able to continue his acting in the second series)

Just read at the AF News that Kevin wont be joining BBJX2 because of conflict in schedule.

#295 Meow ♡

Meow ♡

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1302 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:55 AM

Yah so sad KC isn't gonna be in this.

So far only Nicky & LSS confirmed to film this. Hope 13th prince will be in it too! Just cause Ruoxi needs her lover and best friend!

#296 nikitaangel

nikitaangel

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1292 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

Posted Image

Nicky Wu
Also known as: The has-been pop idol turned method actor
Career revival in Scarlet Heart, 2011

Best remembered for being a member of the Little Tigers Team, in the late 80s and early 90s, Taiwanese actor-singer Nicky Wu's brush with fame took a slight dip when the band disbanded in 1995. Although he continued with solo singing and acting activities on his own, Nicky's career eventually meandered towards uncertainty when he had to clear a throng of family debts, and his marriage to Chinese actress Ma Yashu failed in 2009.
His showbiz career was unexpectedly resurrected from the pits last year when he starred as Emperor Yong Zeng in the widely-lauded Hunan TV series, Scarlet Heart. The 40-year-old impressed with his nuanced and refined acting, and charmed his way into the hearts of TV viewers and new fans with his character's resilience and charisma. Fans will be pleased to know that the original cast of Scarlet Heart, including Nicky, will be coming together again to film a sequel of the show set in modern times.

Source : 18 Mar 2012 http://entertainment...=5998708&page=1

Really amazing how Nicky Wu and Kevin Cheng managed to play the role from youthful mid-20's prince to matured late 30's prince. Both still looks youthful enough to pass muster as mid-20's prince. Combined it with at least 20 years acting experience, and they really bring out depth and emotion in their acting of their respective roles.

#297 et0o7

et0o7

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:01 AM

no..................Dengni de Jijie (等你的季節; Waiting For Your Season) performed by Liu Shishi

It shall be <The Season waiting for you>

#298 s a r a h

s a r a h

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3738 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:18 AM

Probably the latest to watch this LOL. Just finished it and man, it's time like this when you finish a drama and don't know what to do with your life anymore. Couldn't hold my tears back during the last few episodes especially the end how 4th's reincarnation doesn't remember her yet she remembers him even though she told him before not to forget her or at least when she forgets him first. :(

Not sure how i feel about the sequel. It just isn't the same without the original cast especially the main 5!

Btw i like 13th prince hehe ^_^
  • Linnh and Kim4ever like this

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1), Google (1)