AF needs funding again

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Startling by Each Step / Bu Bu Jing Xin (步步驚心)

• Please log in to reply
297 replies to this topic

#1 Bwear

Bwear

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 05:20 PM

Posted Image

Mandarin title: Bu Bu Jing Xin (步步驚心)
English title: Startling by Each Step
Episode: 35
Genre: Drama, Qing palace, time travelling
Original screenplay: Bu Bu Jing Xin 步步驚心 by Tong Hua 桐華
Filming locations: Hengdian Studio, Hangzhou, Dongyang (contemporary parts)
Screenwriter: Wang Li Zhi
Broadcast year: CONFIRMED - Premiere airing: 10h September 2011, every Monday-Friday 22:00 (right after Xin Huan Zhu Ge Ge)
Broadcast channel: Hunan TV
Producer: Karen Tsoi
Director: Lee Kwok Lap (Chinese Paladin, Strange Hero Yi Zhi Mei etc.)
Production company: Tangren Chinese Entertainment Shanghai Limited 上海唐人電影製作有限公司

CAST
Cecilia Liu as Maertai Rexi (Zhang Xiao) (馬爾泰·若曦 (張曉))
Kevin Cheng as Aisin-Gioro Yinsi (愛新覺羅·胤禩)
Nicky Wu as Aisin-Gioro Yinzhen (愛新覺羅·胤禛)
Yuan Hong as Aisin-Gioro Yinxiang (愛新覺羅·胤祥)
Lin Gengxin as Aisin-Gioro Yinti (愛新覺羅·胤禎)
Han Dong as Aisin-Gioro Yintang (愛新覺羅·胤禟)
Damian Lau as Kangxi Emperor (康熙帝)
Zhang Lei as the Aisin-Gioro Yinreng (愛新覺羅·胤礽)
Chen Jingyu as Aisin-Gioro Yinzhi(愛新覺羅·胤祉)
Ye Xin as Aisin-Gioro Yin E (愛新覺羅·胤俄)
Ma Tianyu as Huang Di (黃棣)
Annie Liu as Maer Tai Ruolan (馬爾泰·若蘭)
Shi Xiaoqun as Guoluoluo Minghui (郭絡羅·明慧)
Liu Yuxin as Guoluoluo Mingyu (郭絡羅·明玉)
Mu Tingting as Lady Wulanala (烏喇那拉氏)

SYNOPSIS
Zhang Xiao (Liu Shi Shi), a contemporary, ethnically Han Chinese young woman from the 21st century, accidentally travels back in time to the Qing Dynasty period during the reign of Kangxi Emperor after experiencing a deadly combination of traffic collision and electrocution, resulting her somehow reliving the life of one of her previous incarnations and forcing her to assumes the identity belongs to her past avatar: Maertai Rouxi (Liu Shi Shi), teenage daughter of a Manchu nobleman, who also had a near-fatal incident in her own time which Zhang awakes from.

Being stranded in the past, in the body of a centuries earlier incarnation of herself, and believe by many of Maertai's family and friends that the sudden change of her behavior and memory loss is resulted of her head injury, Zhang Xiao awares that there will be a dangerous power struggle known to history between the scheming princes for the throne, which will results Aisin-Gioro Yinzhen, Fourth Prince (Nicky Wu), to succeed as the Yongzheng Emperor after his father's death. Zhang Xiao tries to change the future outcomes for the better, hoping to prevents any casualty as written in the future without interfering a man's destiny, while trying to find a way to return to her time period. However, Zhang ultimately realizes that, not only she fails to alter the course of the approaching events, but also, under a predestination paradox, she is fated to become an instigator of the tragedy she tries to prevent resulted by her actions in the past and the princess' romantic affections towards her.
(Source: wikipedia)

OFFICIAL OST
* Yinian Zhizhuo (一念執著; A Persistent Thought) performed by Hu Ge and Alan Dawa Dolma (See at the end of 36 minute trailer)
* Dengni de Jijie (等你的季節; Waiting For Your Season) performed by Liu Shishi
* San Quan Tian Tang (三寸天堂 Three Inches Heaven) performed by Yan Yi Dan - Recommended!
* Diaoke Aiqing (雕刻愛情; Engraving Love) performed by Zheng Jiajia (First official MV)

OTHER SONGS
* Bu Bu Jie Shang 步步皆殤 performed by HITA
* Liu Yue Fei Shuang (Instrumental), from A Man Called Hero 中華英雄 OST - Official 13 minute trailer @12:04 ("Ruoxi, without my permission, you cannot die")

LINKS
Bu Bu Jing Xin Tieba
Bu Bu Jing Xin Official Weibo
Bu Bu Jing Xin Viki Channel
Bu Bu Jing Xin Novel English Translation
Liu Shi Shi Fan Channel

OFFICIAL TRAILERS + MV

First edition trailer (13 minutes) - Release date: February 24th - Recommended!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=956KVZ0SbYY

First official MV - Release date: March 10th

----
THIS IS NOT A COPY OF GONG/PALACE/PALACE LOCK HEART/宮鎖心玉
Tangren prepared three years for this series and they bought the rights to the novel in 2009. The original novel written by Tong Hua was published back in 2005/2006! They both share a very similar backbone, but both are very different..

Edited by Myvi, 09 September 2011 - 06:40 PM.
only one video allowed to be embedded per post

• queer and AHSA'sVIP like this

#2 Bwear

Bwear

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:06 PM

Second edition trailer + themesong by Hu Ge and Alan (36 minutes) - Release date: June 16th - English subbed!
Go watch it on your own risk.. Major spoilers.. But still highly recommended ^^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DC4Mdc3X0w
Part 2
Part 3 - Themesong included in the end..

Yinian Zhizhuo (一念執著; A Persistent Thought) performed by Hu Ge and Alan Dawa Dolma
.. In case you want to avoid the 36 minute long trailer..
LINK

Some lovely fanmade posters..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Credits to Bu Bu Jing Xin Tieba!

FANMADE MV

Bu Bu Jie Shang 步步皆殤, performed by HITA - RECOMMENDED!
This song is specially tailored for Bu Bu Jing Xin by fans. It's dedicated to the original novel. I wished they could include this in the official OST, cause I absolutely love this song! The sad melody suits Bu Bu Jing Xin perfectly, and the lyrics are so beautiful. Everything flows so well with Bu Bu. In fact, I thought it was an officially released MV, that's why I watched it in the first place. I usually don't care a sh*t about "fanmade stuff" (including MV's etc.), but I have repeated this MV for like so many times already. The sad melody goes so well with the images.

Edited by Myvi, 09 September 2011 - 06:41 PM.
only one video allowed to be embedded per post

#3 HeTieShou

HeTieShou

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1934 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:22 PM

WOW, can't wait for this series! I hope that it will be good... Can't wait for it to come out...I hope that the real voices will be used for the mainland China actors. I know the stars from Hk and Taiwan will be dubbed...

Ok, just watched the trailer and sadly a lot of the China actors are dubbed too.. Disappointed in that aspect..

Thanks for starting a thread for this series! I was wondering for a long time why there was no thread for this series here.

Edited by HeTieShou, 22 July 2011 - 10:08 PM.

#4 yulongjia

yulongjia

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:45 PM

love the original novel, love TongHua, also love this TV series. Let's wait and see!!!

#5 晗Hansey

晗Hansey

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:04 AM

:iloveyou: The original novel is really amazing. I cried at the very last and felt depressed for a couple of days. Seems the TV series is almost the same as the novel. Great

#6 AHSA'sVIP

AHSA'sVIP

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9788 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 01:57 AM

OMG this is so good, just watching the first ep. WOW so nice. can't stop watching

#7 HeTieShou

HeTieShou

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1934 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 02:26 AM

Oh yea, it starts airing today!!! I will wait to see it later. No wonder no one is in here discussing it yet. I wonder how this compares to Gong??

#8 macnair

macnair

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:05 AM

I don't understand why this topic isn't more active. There a lot of discussion in other websites before drama started. i don't understand Mandarin well, but tried to watch the first 2 eps. It is great! i can't wait for more.

Edited by macnair, 11 September 2011 - 08:05 AM.

#9 HeTieShou

HeTieShou

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1934 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:15 AM

I don't understand why this topic isn't more active. There a lot of discussion in other websites before drama started. i don't understand Mandarin well, but tried to watch the first 2 eps. It is great! i can't wait for more.

Same here.. I am guessing the reason is there are way too many other series coming out as well. I understand Mandarin very well but don't want to watch it now. I want to watch it all at once so I will wait until it all comes out...

#10 ~Akane~

~Akane~

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6116 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:46 AM

At first I was skeptical about this series because the genre and plot sounds so much like Jade Palace locked heart but after watching the first episode, its really good. And the plus point of this series is 8th Prince and 4th Prince are both good looking :P Nick acted 4th brother well, very convincing and does carry that 'future emperor' feel. Can't wait for the upcoming ep!!! Hope they keep the pace of the series like it is now.

#11 Bwear

Bwear

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 06:08 PM

^ I despise Gong for giving that illusion. It just sucks to know that they are so people rejecting to watch Bu Bu Jing Xin because it "seems" similar to Gong. Frustrating.. but it's nice to see how the Bu Bu cast and crew are dealing with this. They are so humble and polite! Yu Mama on the other hand... needs to shut up.

I want to buy the novel on YesAsia, but Tong Hua revised her book and she added another 30.000 words on the epilogue. Don't know which one I should buy. I really want to buy the traditional Chinese version on YesAsia.. it's easier to read.

I'm now waiting for episode 3-4! Episode 1-2 were so good! I just LOVE the princes~ so cute. 4th is sexy, 8th is gentle, 10 is absolutely hilarious, 14 is adorable (Lin Gengxin is a cutie pie), and 13... Yuan Hong is just irresistible. And Ma Tian Yu's short cameo ofcourse! And Shishi looked so pretty at the birthday party. I loved the scene when the princes came out on the party. The dragons on their costumes.. I'm liking it! Another thing I liked: the opening of the series. Well done! I'm loving the OST as well. I can sing along with it now..

---
PPTV leaked episodes 1-10. They didn't fullfill the contract. If you guys really like Bu Bu.. don't watch the PPTV versions. I know it's hard to resist.. the Bu Bu crew put so much effort on this! It's just sad to know that the ratings will be affected by this. Tang Ren is furious right now. Hunan TV also put a lot of effort on promotion. They made 30 commercials for BBJX!

Edited by Bwear, 11 September 2011 - 07:45 PM.

#12 HeTieShou

HeTieShou

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1934 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:30 PM

This series does sound similar to "Gong" but I think if people don't give it a chance, how will they know if it is good or not?? I have a feeling that I will like this series more than Gong. I hope that the story is good.

#13 woodi

woodi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:58 AM

The main frame of both the stories are definitely similar.

So Gong is the one which copy from BBJX but actually telecasted first?

#14 isenkk

isenkk

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:12 PM

anyone know where to get the OST ???help please
love this series, totally different from Gong, i think. dont know why people keep comparing it?

#15 HeTieShou

HeTieShou

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1934 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:54 PM

I am not sure if one copied from the other or not. However, since Gong came out first then people will saythat BBJX copied Gong's story. The story and time frame of them both sound really similar. But I am not sure if they are the same or not since I did not watch Gong. I was looking forward to BBJX more...

anyone know where to get the OST ???help please
love this series, totally different from Gong, i think. dont know why people keep comparing it?

Not sure if they even have an OST for this series. Many series don't have an official OST at all. Part of the reason for that is mainly because most of the time they don't have enough songs or instrumental music for an OST.

It is hard not to compare Gong and BBJX since they do sound similar and both take place in the same time period with the same characters.

#16 AHSA'sVIP

AHSA'sVIP

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9788 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 09:06 PM

I think it is just the confusing release date that got everyone wondering about it. It was suppose to be out like a couple months ago I heard, but then postpone and then it was suppose to air like september 12, but it moved up to september 10th. I don't care either way. I REALLLY REALLY LOVE THIS SERIES!

I don't like to compare series, even though I got to admit Gong and this has similarities, but less put it this way. While Gong concentrated on 4 characters, at least all the characters in here have a part in this. THis focus on the Princes - 2nd (tai zhi), 4, 8, 9, 10, 13, 14th princes. As well as have a elaborate female characters. Even though I am so glad Liu Shi Shi finally have another main lead character after the ancient series with Wallace. THis looks good, her acting definitely shows in here :D

AND OMG, does anyone know 14th prince's storyline with RouXi? From watching the trailer, their story sounds very interesting.

haha I am always a sucker for side love stories, anyway, I am very looking forward to 13th prince's love story with Lu Wu.

THought I will share this from wiki
Posted Image

Edited by KunEr&XiaoZun, 12 September 2011 - 11:05 PM.

#17 ♥ Charlenebaby

♥ Charlenebaby

<3 Charlene Choi!

• Forum Masters
  • 6550 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 02:27 AM

I just started reading the novel and it is really good! Hopefully, the series will be as good as the novel. Arg, I don't know why there is always leak episodes? HunanTV spend a lot of money promoting this series so hopefully the rating won't be affected. I just hope the leak won't be as bad as Charlene and Nicholas' series, (the entire series leaked a few weeks before it finished airing). <_<

Nicky looks handsome as 4th prince and Kevin is very suitable as the gentle 8th prince. Also, I am so happy to see Shishi taking on the female lead role, I always thought she was very pretty. :)

#18 CoffcC3

CoffcC3

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1052 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:37 AM

gong copied the bbjx novel and from many other time traveling novel but since gong came back first, some people are saying bbjx copied gong

i just finished ep 2, so good, im so addicted to it now

#19 isenkk

isenkk

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:14 AM

i hv searched around with my limited mandarin language, and find some website said that the song were taken/cut from the opening theme and ending
i do really love the song
and right now starting looking for the book in english
anyone have the link? cos the link i have, only up till chapter 8. got the full link in sina but whole mandarin :(:(

I am not sure if one copied from the other or not. However, since Gong came out first then people will saythat BBJX copied Gong's story. The story and time frame of them both sound really similar. But I am not sure if they are the same or not since I did not watch Gong. I was looking forward to BBJX more...

Not sure if they even have an OST for this series. Many series don't have an official OST at all. Part of the reason for that is mainly because most of the time they don't have enough songs or instrumental music for an OST.

It is hard not to compare Gong and BBJX since they do sound similar and both take place in the same time period with the same characters.

wow u got the novel ?in english or mandarin? if in english, where did u get it? yesasia??? help :D:D

I just started reading the novel and it is really good! Hopefully, the series will be as good as the novel. Arg, I don't know why there is always leak episodes? HunanTV spend a lot of money promoting this series so hopefully the rating won't be affected. I just hope the leak won't be as bad as Charlene and Nicholas' series, (the entire series leaked a few weeks before it finished airing). <_<

Nicky looks handsome as 4th prince and Kevin is very suitable as the gentle 8th prince. Also, I am so happy to see Shishi taking on the female lead role, I always thought she was very pretty. :)

#20 HeTieShou

HeTieShou

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1934 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:52 PM

i hv searched around with my limited mandarin language, and find some website said that the song were taken/cut from the opening theme and ending
i do really love the song
and right now starting looking for the book in english
anyone have the link? cos the link i have, only up till chapter 8. got the full link in sina but whole mandarin :(:(

wow u got the novel ?in english or mandarin? if in english, where did u get it? yesasia??? help :D:D

Oh no, you misunderstood me... I don't have the novel in English. If I did, it was because I translated it... But of course if you want the novel, you have to get it in Chinese. I don't think this novel is famous enough to get an official and published translation yet. Hm... I am wondering if I should get it and translate it?? I get lazy to even read though...It is available in Chinese(not Mandarin since Mandarin is the spoken dialect).

I just checked Yesasia and there are 3 books to this novel..It was longer than I expected... too bad I am too lazy to read...

Edited by HeTieShou, 13 September 2011 - 09:01 PM.

#21 Phoenix_911

Phoenix_911

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:48 PM

this drama is soooo good. i zipped through all the leaked episodes, 10 in total.

i hope this drama has an official OST because the songs are lovely!! This blog has 5 of the songs, opening themes and ending themes: http://alicechenswor...ng-xin-ost.html

Gong has nothing on this drama!! except for FSF & YM chemistry!! :harhar

#22 AHSA'sVIP

AHSA'sVIP

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9788 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 12:41 AM

haha, WE will catch up on the leak epi by Friday. I am wondering does Hunan air 2 epi a day? and what about weekends?

Anyway, I got my sister to read some of the online novel to me, it look like the next coming epis are going to be very interesting.

I saw some posts that said Kevin was a little old for his character, the eight prince. It actually quite interesting because I think they are suppose to play a few years and by the end the characters are around the age of Kevin and Nicky, and the other characters real age.

haha I really like the bonds Ruo xi is having with the princes. She is also really smart.

#23 aggiesbaby

aggiesbaby

妳是我的

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2281 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:23 AM

From what I understand. BBJX will air 2 episodes each night except Fridays. Hey, I'm used to Korean dramas and idol dramas, so 6 days a week is a treat! Can't wait for 4th Prince and Ruoxi to officially start their loveline!

#24 isenkk

isenkk

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:37 AM

oh oh haha lucky u can read chinese. although i can read but it will take ages for me to read it :(

Oh no, you misunderstood me... I don't have the novel in English. If I did, it was because I translated it... But of course if you want the novel, you have to get it in Chinese. I don't think this novel is famous enough to get an official and published translation yet. Hm... I am wondering if I should get it and translate it?? I get lazy to even read though...It is available in Chinese(not Mandarin since Mandarin is the spoken dialect).

I just checked Yesasia and there are 3 books to this novel..It was longer than I expected... too bad I am too lazy to read...

yes
the drama is aring 2 episodes everyday except friday since last saturday :)
and starting last night there were some 'conctact' between 4th prince and ruo xi :):)

From what I understand. BBJX will air 2 episodes each night except Fridays. Hey, I'm used to Korean dramas and idol dramas, so 6 days a week is a treat! Can't wait for 4th Prince and Ruoxi to officially start their loveline!

thank you for the link
hmm the leak? only 10 epis? better wait hunan to air :D:D:D:D:D:D

this drama is soooo good. i zipped through all the leaked episodes, 10 in total.

i hope this drama has an official OST because the songs are lovely!! This blog has 5 of the songs, opening themes and ending themes: http://alicechenswor...ng-xin-ost.html

Gong has nothing on this drama!! except for FSF & YM chemistry!! :harhar

Edited by isenkk, 14 September 2011 - 02:40 AM.

#25 HeTieShou

HeTieShou

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1934 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 03:54 AM

oh oh haha lucky u can read chinese. although i can read but it will take ages for me to read it :(

yes
the drama is aring 2 episodes everyday except friday since last saturday :)
and starting last night there were some 'conctact' between 4th prince and ruo xi :):)

thank you for the link
hmm the leak? only 10 epis? better wait hunan to air :D:D:D:D:D:D

I don't know if you call it lucky because I used to constantly get translation requests that I get lazy to do. I am just lazy to read and translate...

It is good to know that they are airing 2 eps a night. I thought they would only air 1 ep a night. No wonder it will be aired so quickly. I will wait until it all comes out and then see it. I hope that the story and ending will be good.

Edited by HeTieShou, 14 September 2011 - 03:55 AM.

#26 ♥ Charlenebaby

♥ Charlenebaby

<3 Charlene Choi!

• Forum Masters
  • 6550 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:40 AM

I don't think there is an English translated version of the novel. I wished there was one considering that the story is very interesting.

Today, I finally got around to watch Ep. 1-4 and I love it! The series so far has been very close to the novel, and each actors are carrying their roles well. :thumbsup Kevin is like the perfect 8th prince, esp. how he looks so charming when he smiles. :tricky:

Edited by ♥ Charlenebaby, 14 September 2011 - 07:44 AM.

#27 HeTieShou

HeTieShou

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1934 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:31 PM

I don't think there is an English translated version of the novel. I wished there was one considering that the story is very interesting.

Today, I finally got around to watch Ep. 1-4 and I love it! The series so far has been very close to the novel, and each actors are carrying their roles well. :thumbsup Kevin is like the perfect 8th prince, esp. how he looks so charming when he smiles. :tricky:

Yea, there isn't an official English translated version of this novel. I don't know if there ever will be one...

Just by looking at the trailers, I can see how great the cast is. Lets just hope the story and ending will be good.

#28 AHSA'sVIP

AHSA'sVIP

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9788 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:21 PM

I hope there will be an english translate version of this novel. I really would like to compare how it is written and how the drama is filmed. From what I know I heard fans said it is very close to the novel. I read up on the historical aspect of it and the major events in the series actually match up with history. Of course didn't really find Ruo Xi's character.

#29 HeTieShou

HeTieShou

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1934 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:31 PM

I hope there will be an english translate version of this novel. I really would like to compare how it is written and how the drama is filmed. From what I know I heard fans said it is very close to the novel. I read up on the historical aspect of it and the major events in the series actually match up with history. Of course didn't really find Ruo Xi's character.

I highly doubt there will be an official English translated version of this novel. The only thing is if fans or someone translates it. I wanted to but boy the novel is sooo long....It is great that it matches up with history. Having history really adds realness to it like JY novels. But of course since it is a novel, not everything is completely accurate to history. I think Ruo Xi's character is just a fictional character created by the author for the novel.

Edited by HeTieShou, 14 September 2011 - 09:32 PM.

#30 CoffcC3

CoffcC3

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1052 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:28 AM

hey, good to see you again. We are addicted to the same drama and pair again, haha

does it air on saturday and sunday?

#31 Phoenix_911

Phoenix_911

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:57 AM

^ Yea, it airs on the weekends too I believe.

Kevin is surprisingly fitting in this role. I was wary of him the most....LOL clapclap Looks like this will boost his popularity...maybe a dark horse for this year's tvb award, with Ghetto Justice in his Tvb profile.

#32 AHSA'sVIP

AHSA'sVIP

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9788 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 03:26 AM

haha I also think Kevin is really fitting for his role. I seen him in ancient series for TVB, but I got to say this is the most fitting ancient drama I have seen in him so far.
All the cast fits really well too. Nice casting!

I was wondering how Ruo Xi is going to go back to the modern era? Her soul almost went back when she saw that gong gong (who was clearing the road for the 4th prince) that looks like the construction worker from the modern era.

Ruo Xi also have flash forwards in her dreams of the princes' futures. I wonder if it is possible for her to change at least some of the prince's future? So many questions lol.

#33 HeTieShou

HeTieShou

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1934 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 03:42 AM

haha I also think Kevin is really fitting for his role. I seen him in ancient series for TVB, but I got to say this is the most fitting ancient drama I have seen in him so far.
All the cast fits really well too. Nice casting!

I was wondering how Ruo Xi is going to go back to the modern era? Her soul almost went back when she saw that gong gong (who was clearing the road for the 4th prince) that looks like the construction worker from the modern era.

Ruo Xi also have flash forwards in her dreams of the princes' futures. I wonder if it is possible for her to change at least some of the prince's future? So many questions lol.

I have actually seen a number of other series based on this same type of story. I remember that the actor who played the 8th prince in one of versions that I saw sort of resembled Kevin. The 8th prince is a despicable character but I feel sorry for him since his ending was not good...

I wonder the same thing... But we shall all find out...

I think that she tries but will not be successful in trying to change the course of history. I don't think many people would be happy if she did since it would be going against history. Also, I heard that the government in China will not allow these time traveling types of series without permission anymore. Therefore, if this series did try to change or go against history, it will not be good at all... Luckily this series was being filmed already when this restriction on time traveling series was passed...

Edited by HeTieShou, 15 September 2011 - 03:47 AM.

#34 cys

cys

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:40 AM

gong copied the bbjx novel and from many other time traveling novel but since gong came back first, some people are saying bbjx copied gong

i just finished ep 2, so good, im so addicted to it now

obviously,the book of bbjx was published many years ago.I remember I read the books about four years ago.I'm happy now it is becoming a TV series.However,I'm not very satisfied about the female lead role and male lead role.Perhaps bacause I have read the books too many times, Rexi and Yinzhen are so perfect to me. Nicky Wu ,when he is young,he is so handsome,I like his other TV series very much when I was little girl.But I think now he is a bit old,though I can't think of other acters who are more suitable than him. And I'm puzzled,I see somebody said he/she bought a book.I want to konw the books are translated into Eghlish or he/she is a chinese too. This is my first time to know forergners like chinese TV series,it's funny.

#35 HeTieShou

HeTieShou

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1934 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:05 AM

obviously,the book of bbjx was published many years ago.I remember I read the books about four years ago.I'm happy now it is becoming a TV series.However,I'm not very satisfied about the female lead role and male lead role.Perhaps bacause I have read the books too many times, Rexi and Yinzhen are so perfect to me. Nicky Wu ,when he is young,he is so handsome,I like his other TV series very much when I was little girl.But I think now he is a bit old,though I can't think of other acters who are more suitable than him. And I'm puzzled,I see somebody said he/she bought a book.I want to konw the books are translated into Eghlish or he/she is a chinese too. This is my first time to know forergners like chinese TV series,it's funny.

Well when you read any novel, you can imagine the characters in many different ways. You can imagine it one way and others can imagine it in a different way and that is normal. But I think that you should not be too ideal since there are some characters that just cannot be truly presented with any actor/actress. For example, Lin Xian Er in Xiao Li Fei Dao. She is really really beautiful to the point that you wonder if anyone like that even exists in the world??? Basically, we should be more realistic about things. I guess you are not aware that there are many many people that like Chinese series that are not Chinese. Just like how many Chinese and other nationalities like Korean and Japanese series and music. The series are often dubbed in their native languages as well in case you did not know. I was thinking of buying the book to read, but get too lazy to read so may not...

About Nicky, he is a good actor and who doesn't age?? I guess if anyone can choose to be forever young, they would definately do so. But sadly you can't. The good thing is if you are a good actor/actress, then even when you age you still have your good acting skills to fall back on...

Edited by HeTieShou, 15 September 2011 - 05:08 AM.

#36 CoffcC3

CoffcC3

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1052 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:10 AM

i love mainland dramas, they air 2 eps all 7 days :D

That's why some people dislike it when novels are made into drama, everyone has different idea of the characters. But I am really happy at how it turned out, it is so much better than some other novel turned drama.

#37 Aisingioro K'aisiyvn

Aisingioro K'aisiyvn

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:34 AM

this drama like a science fiction,hoho ~

Lin Gengxin as Aisin-Gioro Yinti (愛新覺羅·胤禎)
i think the name is wrong, 胤禎 in chinese pinyin is yinzhen , and in old chinese it's read yinzheng

when 爱新觉罗·胤禛 become as Yongzheng emperor ,he named 胤禎 as 愛新覺羅 允禵

so it's a wrong name

#38 macnair

macnair

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:53 AM

I don't know if anyone post this link yet.

I haven't read it myself. But this is English fan translation of the novel. It still in progress. I hope it help.

http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com

Edited by macnair, 15 September 2011 - 09:15 AM.

#39 Aisingioro K'aisiyvn

Aisingioro K'aisiyvn

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:03 AM

i couldnt open this website....
http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com

#40 macnair

macnair

faq.asianfanatics.net