Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2085 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 10:51 PM

To be debuted on June 17th 2011
Station: Next TV 壹電視綜合台
Genre: Idol drama, Romance, Fashion
Cast: Vanness Wu, Xiong Dai Ling, Chen Xiao Dong, Li Xiao Han, Annie Chen Ting Ni

Main themesong: Is this all by Vanness

Shooting locations: Taiwan, France, Shanghai

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wikipedia page: Here!

Drama Pre-screening interview: http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=1053911914

Preview clip: http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=1053815857

Latest preview: My link

Edited by Edwise, 17 June 2011 - 11:53 PM.

#2 ~Sue~

~Sue~

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:05 AM

Material Queen Full Trailer/Preview + Behind the Scenes + Interviews (25 min version)
拜金女王搶先看

Credits to: Gar6301, Garmail@youtube

Enjoy!

I've been anticipating this drama since it started filming. I have faith in the Autumn's Concerto production crew! Based on the 25 min trailer, the drama seems very interesting! Lots of pretty clothes and scenery! However Vanness and Lynn look very ackward in their kissing scenes cuz Lynn is sooo tall!

Material Queen Official Youtube Channel Credits: Orientales Production House (orientales100@youtube)

Material Queen Official Facebook Page

Edited by ~Sue~, 13 June 2011 - 03:56 AM.

#3 Edwise

Edwise

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2085 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:46 PM

Right, I wonder why can't they choose some girl at least shorter than him...

#4 onetwothreefour

onetwothreefour

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:19 PM

Haven't gotten around to seeing this (surprised it actually airs on Friday and not Sunday o.O). Loving the theme song from Van Ness, can't say the same for having Lynn as the female lead though :innocent.

Edited by MayKay, 17 June 2011 - 11:20 PM.

#5 Guest_♥ daydreamgirl_*

Guest_♥ daydreamgirl_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:21 PM

I don't like the french narration in the first 10 mins of this episode. I don't know if I am going to continue to watch the drama.

#6 Edwise

Edwise

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2085 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:53 PM

Ep 1 up on sugoideas.com

#7 sukyaki

sukyaki

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:59 AM

Just finished watching...the best thing about it so far....the opening theme song sung by Vanness. I really liked the song. The rest of it....I am waiting on to pick up. I will not give up yet, but honestly, I feel like I need to see something a little more loveable about the main girl before I can really buy into the story. So far...just okay.

Edited by sukyaki, 19 June 2011 - 10:59 AM.

#8 sytwo

sytwo

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7251 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 02:36 PM

Does anyone have the link to Episode 1? Can't find it via youtube.

sytwo

#9 Edwise

Edwise

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2085 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 02:15 AM

For ep 1, go here: http://tw.sugoitw.co...een-episode-01/

#10 mewmew

mewmew

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 03:46 AM

I really like the themesong, but the first episode was hard for me to sit through, don't really like the France atmosphere. Will continue to watch it to see how the story line flows

#11 cingkit

cingkit

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1932 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:12 AM

english subbed

ep1 -100% done
ep2- on going at 62%

http://www.viki.com/...al-queen/videos

posted at orientales before ep2 aired

Posted Image
Posted Image
more pics at

http://orientales100...g/post/32640408

#12 -meilin

-meilin

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:30 AM

does anyone have the themesong for this drama, it's good!

#13 sytwo

sytwo

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7251 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 03:02 PM

Here's some reviews of Material Queen by bloggers. It's in English. Quite a lot of ppl find it very unique, not the standard Taiwan idol drama formula. :

http://dangermousie....om/2255404.html

http://koalasplaygro...and-lynn-xiong/

#14 Edwise

Edwise

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2085 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:31 PM

Episode 2 was really...kinda messy when it introduced the whole bunch of weird supporting characters...

#15 angelfallen

angelfallen

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:49 AM

vanness wu with that kind of glasses,, he looks so cute. i'm gonna watch this drama after i watch LKG. This seem to be interesting because it is unique not the typical idol drama that we can see plus i will look forward to fashion styles. hehe. and the director is also the director from Autumn's Concerto so i'm rest assured with the quality of the drama. honestly, with just vanness alone in the drama, i'll watch it. haha because of him

#16 cingkit

cingkit

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1932 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:25 AM

Material Queen--- other than viki.com , sublimes is also subbing .
http://www.sublimesf...rial-queen.html
torrent/megaupload available for MQ on the the page including vanness' "is this all"mv the song of which is used in MQ.
cr http://www.sublimesfansubs.com/

#17 rxm1

rxm1

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:12 AM

Material Queen Subtheme Song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plPpr_epbLk

#18 2mingenfan

2mingenfan

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2987 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 12:00 AM

this one should be swarming with Van fans..he's the one i recognize in the whole cast line up...so whats the story on this drama..literally ...whats the story about...thanks!!

#19 Edwise

Edwise

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2085 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 12:32 AM

It's basically about a model with a material queen character fell in love with a poor music student and how they both caused troubles for each other while in Paris. After returning to Taiwan, they ended up living under the same roof again and so there goes fate...

#20 transitto

transitto

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 04:24 AM

Nobody likes this drama?

#21 fattidumpling

fattidumpling

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 11:56 PM

I actually LOVE this drama! And I adore the main actress too- she's not your typical weak, goody-goody sweet girl. And I know everyone says she's too tall, but that's her character- she's a model. The scenes and clothing in this drama are amazing, and I really love the storyline. And yea, there's a 10-min section at the very beginning that's narrated in french, and in an almost fairy-tale kind of way, that many people find odd, but I thought it was quite interesting.. maybe that's just me. I don't get why there aren't many fans, but this is one of the best dramas I've watched just because of how unique and deep it is.

#22 *.marshmalloww

*.marshmalloww

piko ♥ .

• Forum Seniors
  • 3321 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 05:21 AM

== Wow...the TV channel is so 'whatever' with the chinese subs. They didn't even translate the French dialogues correctly in some cases == Just randomly writing some chinese that would fit the situation instead of what they're acutally saying ==" HORRIBLE.

#23 ROYLOVE

ROYLOVE

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 12:29 PM

I REALLY LIKE THIS DRAMA! I DONT KNOW WHY THIS THREAD IS SO QUIET! :D

#24 jannoo

jannoo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 02:46 PM

This drama ROCKS.....a very new story line and the leading lady is good. At first I didn't expect much from Lynn but she really can do it.

The fashion is so nice to watch too. Besides Vanness and Lynn, there is Daniel (his 1st taiwan idol drama) his character is a rich man who fall for Lynn. Plus the bunch of supporting character of Vanness's family in Chao Nan market was toooo cool.

Lynn character of being so spoilt, gold digger, selfish and mean are for a reason. She will return to good path after spending time with Vanness and his family.

It's airing episode 7 now...hope more people will try this drama.

#25 2mingenfan

2mingenfan

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2987 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:55 PM

hm dont know the lead actress but Vanness Wu...i guess he is carrying this drama..i think either this isnt the vehicle or he isnt quite ready to solo carry a drama with his acting chops. the plot doesnt seem to resonate with alot of folks from what i've read..like him in Meteor Garden.. but again ensemble cast....

#26 jannoo

jannoo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:19 PM

Episode 8 showing tonight. Jia Hao ask Xiao Man to stay but she didn't. After that she sort of regret because her uptown life is bored without JH :iloveyou:

#27 MrCritique

MrCritique

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2032 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:34 PM

Nobody likes this drama?

You are right if it is based on the ratings so far.

Along with Channel X, it is one of the two weakest dramas on Taiwanese TV this year so far.

#28 Jo.

Jo.

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 06:21 AM

^ So sad, this is such a good drama. I don't know why the ratings started off so low and never picked up. :( I guess it's not your typical Taiwanese idol drama, but the cast and the plot are all pretty good. Lynn Hung's acting is actually better than Vanness's -- he's not bad here, but it can't compare with the chemistry he had with Ady in Autumn's Concerto.

#29 AznDramaFreak

AznDramaFreak

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:03 PM

The story line of this seriees is good but there are some parts that make me give this a bad rating.When chu man was sick and had to film the commercial i thought it was going to be a romnatic scene where he carry her out of the water but noooooo he jumps in the water and tell her to get out of the water <_< then there is that whole weird ass relationship between terry and chu man. He is not evil enough he is like the nicest evil person i ever seen!!! and finally the part where jia hao's sister trip at the fashion show was such a bad dramatic scene!!! buuuut i will keep on watching because of vanness :yeah and hope the series will get better

#30 sukyaki

sukyaki

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:39 AM

I'm up to episode 9 now. I won't ruin it...but i thought it was my favorite episode so far. At first i REALLY disliked Lin Chu Man and the actress who played her, but now...I think she's perfect for the role. This episode really turned my opinion of her around. The only problem is actually I feel like the chemistry between the two main leads is just okay. Not so terrible it's unwatchable...but for some reason, i don't believe the love scenes. I actually believe the love scenes between Kai Ming for Lin Chu Man more than the one between Lin Chu Man and Cai Jia Hao.

I have to say though...the storyline and character development is very interesting and I love that this story is so new and fresh. It's not like the other Taiwanese dramas out there. It is visually beautiful and the texture and tone of it is very well done. The music is good, and the storyline is for the first time...not cliche. I love the plot and everything about this drama actually...except the chemistry between the leads.

#31 silveria

silveria

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:28 PM

I dont know why the ratings for this show is so bad. It's SOOOO good. Vanness' acting is mediocre alright but lynn is good. and the story is well paced.

#32 barbiegirl69

barbiegirl69

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:40 AM

Hi I am new here!! But I just had to post in this thread because I want to scream how great this show is. I haven't been this addicted to a show since Fated to love you and Autumn's concerto.

I wish it would it get more praise...I think it is horrible that it is showing on a friday night when most people are out and about. Everyone just needs to get passed the 1st episode. I love how it is not a traditional drama and Vanness is in it and I actually like the main female lead!!

Btw does anyone have any spoilers for the last 8 episodes??? I believe there is going to be 20 episodes.

#33 Mtrach

Mtrach

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 11:59 PM

This drama is sooo good, it's on par with Autumn's Concerto in my opinion. Finally a female role where the female lead isn't innocent, hardworking and works towards melting the heart of the male lead. It's a shame that this drama doesn't get as much recognition as it should, it's such a great show.

#34 Edwise

Edwise

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2085 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 01:25 AM

Latest rating: 0.92...Not bad...

#35 barbiegirl69

barbiegirl69

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 02:59 AM

Latest rating: 0.92...Not bad...

I am glad to see.. I wish more people would watch this.. it is soo good! I love it as much as Autumn's concerto. Lynn and Vanness are doing wonderful and i can not wait till next episode.. so addicting!

#36 jannoo

jannoo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 04:40 AM

Poor Chu Man in ep 13. She is pulling her role well.
The preview of next episode look good, ChuMan sacrifice to save Jia Hao
career n the corals. Maybe few more epidode to go tho'

#37 barbiegirl69

barbiegirl69

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:02 AM

Poor Chu Man in ep 13. She is pulling her role well.
The preview of next episode look good, ChuMan sacrifice to save Jia Hao
career n the corals. Maybe few more epidode to go tho'

I know poor Chu Man.. Lynn is doing such a great job and I love how the female lead is so different from the sweet innocent types(mind you i am watching with out subtitles since i am impatient, if anyone can tell me what happened in episode 13 that would be great and what is said in preview for episode 14).. this is by far my favorite drama out of the others I have seen and I wish more people would watch it!

#38 barbiegirl69

barbiegirl69

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:25 PM

I know poor Chu Man.. Lynn is doing such a great job and I love how the female lead is so different from the sweet innocent types(mind you i am watching with out subtitles since i am impatient, if anyone can tell me what happened in episode 13 that would be great and what is said in preview for episode 14).. this is by far my favorite drama out of the others I have seen and I wish more people would watch it!

Bump for the great show! More people need to discuss and watch it:)

#39 barbiegirl69

barbiegirl69

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:11 PM

Episode 14 tonight yay! I saw a MV where she is running in her wedding dress and Jia Hao runs to his car looking as if to chase her down and they run into each other... are there other preview scenes I am missing out on the last 6 episodes??

Such a great show!

#40 *.marshmalloww

*.marshmalloww

piko ♥ .

• Forum Seniors
  • 3321 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 07:02 AM

Slowly watching this series... finally resuming it after a long break. Still quite behind, but oh well, since it's not finished yet ^_^
I think the show is actually quite good too and there's lots of potential to it. So sad that it's not very popular in ratings OR in discussion :unsure:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users