1609 replies to this topic

#1601 nastyhobbit

nastyhobbit

Calvin は ダイヤ で す!

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4415 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 06:16 PM

Some news about the "How Love Has Been" MV! As a QiaoRu shipper I am so happy they're in the same management company now! And they collaborated on the MV the first chance they got. And on my fave song too. Double whoop! I had to giggle that Calvin didn't fail to make some placement ads for WOW in the MV. And so cute that he actually used her name (喬喬) and not some other bogus name in his phone in that one scene where he's thinking to decline her phone call.

http://www.ettoday.n...1007/410097.htm

Rough translation:

October 7, 2014

Calvin Chen and Joanne Zeng kiss as before, secret footage kept in hard drive

6776e1c7gw1el2gfq9p3gj20m80es75y.jpg

Calvin Chen and Joanne Zeng previously collaborated in 2009 for the idol drama “Love Buffet”, and once again they work together in filming the MV for “How Has Love Been”. During the interview, Calvin Chen revealed that secret film footage from their previous collaboration were all kept in his hard drive, “It's a pity nobody got to see them.”

“How Has Love Been” lyrics describe a former lover pretending to be unaffected by their break-up. Even though they've broken up he still has feelings for her. To match this mood, Calvin Chen has spent a lot of time getting the emotions right, from a man's perspective as an old love who still harbors feelings and pretends to be unaffected. Calvin Chen practiced all kinds of moods in order to capture the hidden longing and sadness in the song.

To go with the song's sad mood, the director arranged a heavy role for lead actor Calvin Chen. In the MV, even though the couple has broken up, the male protagonist still cares about his ex-girlfriend, listening to her, giving her a shoulder to cry on whenever she has problems with her current boyfriend, helping her move house, etc. But in the end, his ex still returns to her current boyfriend's arms, and he can only quietly exit. In order to show more tension in the MV, Calvin Chen especially asked his good friend, acclaimed actress Joanne Zeng, to be the female lead. This was Qiao Qiao's first time filming as a female lead in an MV was given to Calvin Chen, and she said, “Just for you!” 

The two people had previously worked together in 2009 in the idol drama “Love Buffet”. They continue their previous roles as sweethearts in this project. Calvin Chen jokingly said, “Because of schedule problems, she had to leave the project but the first three episodes had already been cut and edited by then, and now they're in my computer's hard drive, it's a pity nobody can watch them.” Calvin Chen added that because the footage remains hidden, people can only watch his official on-screen collaboration with Joanne Zeng in the MV for “How Has Love Been”. 

The first time they filmed the MV, the director wanted to film an intimate scene in order to emphasize the strong feelings they shared in the past. The director set up a scene of the two people taking selfies while they kiss passionately. But because the two of them were too familiar with each other, they kept on laughing out loud, the photo angle was hard to control, it took them an hour to finish just five pictures. Meanwhile, they used half a day to complete shooting the whole storyline. The two tacitly understood each other and said, “We didn't expect sweethearts taking a selfie would be more challenging than actually acting a scene together.” 

So yeah, I got my copies of Calvin's EP! *pumps fist*
Calvin's so handsome in ALL the pictures. That goes without saying, but it's still worth mentioning. :P
If you guys want to buy his EP, I suggest buying from Taiwanese online shops, e.g. books.com.tw instead of YesAsia. Both versions plus shipping from books.com.tw was cheaper than just one version from YesAsia. But if you don't need a CD and the pictures aren't that important to you, you can just download from iTunes. ;)

So anyway, getting the actual lyrics sheets means having to adjust the translations based on the official English titles of the songs. And also edit the actual translations since I did them quickly before. It's kinda awkward, but here's "How has love been" (I still like "Unaffected by love" as the title but whatever :P):

Spoiler

~Corina

EDIT:
I subbed the MV with my translation. You can view the MV here (I didn't post it on Youtube coz I might get in trouble for copyright infringement with a complaint from HIM International. :P):

Edited by nastyhobbit, 14 October 2014 - 11:24 AM.

#1602 nastyhobbit

nastyhobbit

Calvin は ダイヤ で す!

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4415 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 09:06 AM

Amazing Race (China) episode 1

http://tv.sohu.com/2...405225347.shtml

Uploaded on Youtube by 77Amika:

Calvin's partner is Chinese model Cica Zhou. Are they supposed to be gym buddies? This is so cool! 

Just watching the episode now... Calvin jia you!

~ Corina

EDIT:

Just finished watching! Calvin and Cica did good in the episode. It's really cool that New Yorkers were generally helpful to everyone and cheered them on, though of course some were reluctant to be on camera. The teams all seem generally likeable at this point (nobody backstabbing yet :P), it's good that nobody was eliminated (though I was predicting the father-daughter team to get eliminated at the start of the episode :P).  I kinda feel bad for that team that made two mistakes, good thing they arrived a bit early so only one team overtook them at the pit stop. The all-girl team should have just shut up when the pizza guy (owner of Lombardi's, no less!) told them they talked too much, and not talk back. It cost them time to find the park with the hotdogs.

Looking forward to the next episode! The bullriding looks fun! I hope Calvin and Cica don't get eliminated... 

Edited by nastyhobbit, 18 October 2014 - 11:27 AM.

#1603 LJ05

LJ05

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 04:50 AM

Thanks for the news updates and translations, Corina!! ^^

Not sure if/when I'm gonna get the EP... Probably after I graduate and start earning money from a job, lol.

Haven't had the chance to watch the Amazing Race episode yet, but from your summary, it sounds like it was fun! :)

#1604 nastyhobbit

nastyhobbit

Calvin は ダイヤ で す!

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4415 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 12:43 PM

These haven't been posted so...

Some of Calvin's performances of his new songs during his album promotions

Thanks to Calvin fans hoyeahui and 石惠晴 for uploading on Youtube 

愛來無恙 How has love been - Tainan - Sept 27

還在夏天呢 It's still summer - Tainan - Sept 27

把話說開 Open up - Taichung - Sept 27

還在夏天呢 It's still summer Taichung - Sept 27

愛來無恙 How has love been - Taipei - Sept 28

把話說開 Open up - Taipei - Sept 28

Calvin hosting the Kaohsiung Tourism event (for Japanese fans) with Wu Chun

Thanks to hoyeahui for uploading on Youtube

Part 1 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZwBl4EMEt4

Part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir5c5hTc7vY

Part 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps6DBOi3L_I

Part 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_-s79nNqBs

Part 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZT-NZw9Qeo

Part 6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTrlO5tO-dg

Part 7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmGD4K1GJJU

~ Corina

#1605 reiyi

reiyi

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5526 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:13 PM

Hi Cupcakes!

reiyi, I honestly don't know... I haven't really checked around AF all that much. Are you looking for dramas in general, or FRH/Calvin dramas? I know Puddingland (Aaron's thread here on AF) has a section on their title page that has dramas, but a lot of those links are dead, so I don't know where else... You could try d-addicts.com - they have a lot of torrents for dramas there.

Anyways, some more updates, plus pics from The Amazing Race! :D

Thanks for the info LJ05. I'll check out d-addicts.com. 

Wow, Calvin is running 'Amazing Race'. Have seen this reality show for a long time. I hope his team won. 

#1606 LJ05

LJ05

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 03:09 AM

Hi Cupcakes!

Yes, I know it's been a while. The good news is that I am almost done - ten more days of clinicals and nearly a month until graduation! Hope I can hang on 'til then...

Anyways, I'm just here to post a few videos. All of them can be found Amika's channel (here), and she also posts episodes from The Amazing Race, so be sure to subscribe if you want to keep up with Calvin's activities! ^^

CalGen! Jeez, this little thing killed me, omg. >.>

Interview. Calvin talks about FRH, his parents, and how the entertainment industry has made him into who he is today :)

Calvin guesting on a show hosted by his junior(s), PopuLady. They're all so cute, lol.

There's more, of course. ;) But that's all I'll post for now.

Can't wait until his birthday!! ^^

#1607 reiyi

reiyi

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5526 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 12:57 PM

Watching episode 5 of Lucky Touch. I understand that Shao Ran (Calvin) doesn't want to drag people down with his bad luck. But, I still find him selfish for trying so hard to exchange back his luck with Yong Qi. When he first asked, I can still be understanding of him. Even he himself said, if he were Yong Qi, he won't give back his good luck. But, he was asking Yong Qi to try this and try that, and even want to kiss her again just to exchange back the luck. Even a few days of back luck, he couldn't stand. Yong Qi has been unlucky all her life. Did he ever think of Yong Qi's feeling? Yong Qi has been very good and selfless to be willing to give back the luck. I was expecting Shao Ran to at least feel a little guilty for wanting it back or even hesitate a bit to try some more. But, he didn't at all. 

I guess the point of this love story is for Yong Qi to change Shao Ran to a warmer and less self-centered person. Currently, I'm not liking Shao Ran that much due to this action of his. But, I know it will get better later. :)

Btw, has anyone here watch When Love Walked In ? Is it worth watching? The plot sound like Romantic Princess which I don't like very much.

#1608 LJ05

LJ05

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 08:47 PM

Hi reiyi,

Glad you're watching Lucky Touch!! I still need to watch it... OTL It seems very interesting.

However, I did watch When Love Walked In, back when it came out in 2012. Ehhh... well, I'll admit, the plot is indeed very similar to Romantic Princess. And if you didn't like that...well, I don't know if you'll like this one. Particularly since Calvin's character is kind of...well, a jerk. (I'm sorry Calvin, I love you, I swear.) I'm a big fan of Zhou Mi (the guy who plays Li Shanglin and is also one of Calvin's best friends) and somewhat of a fan of Victoria (the female lead), so I didn't dislike the drama all that much. The dubbing was a bit bothersome, but you get used to it around halfway through.

You can give it a shot if you'd like... *shrugs* It's not great, but in my opinion, it wasn't terrible. But that's just me. If you want more info, I think there's some previous posts on it here in this thread. :)

#1609 ~chris~

~chris~

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 01:12 PM

A slightly early HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO CALVIN!!!! Congratulations on your achievements this year and may the next be even better!! :) :)

Wow, so I haven't visited the bakery in a while (although I was tempted when I saw that recent photo of Calvin holding a plate of cupcakes) because I've been knee deep in readings and final exams coming in two days....but thank goodness I didn't forget Calvin's birthday!!! I couldn't break the tradition of wishing him a happy birthday here. It's actually been so many years...and now my last teen days hahahaha

And my first surprise...CORINA!!! So happy to see you back!! Missed you heaps :)

I've been keeping myself update through the Facebook pages but I've actually got so many videos to catch up on! Thank you guys so much! Can't wait till the break yay! Well, gotta get back to revising. Be back by the end of the week!

~Chris

#1610 LJ05

LJ05

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 10:26 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CALVIN!!! :D

We're all so very proud of you, Sunshine Boy. Watching/Listening through all the programs he's been doing for his promotions, I can definitely say that my respect and love for him has increased. ^^ Thanks for getting me through the past few months, Calvin. :) I hope you have an awesome birthday, and here's to another great year! :yeah

Hey Chris!! Ahh, that's right. It's exam time for those of you who live in Australia. That said, I wish you the best of luck! ^^ Jiayou!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: calvin chen, fahrenheit, taiwan, chen yi ru, love walked in, qin yu jiang, love buffet, xin da ye, ko one, wang ya se, x-family, lan ling wang, momo love, xue zhi qiang, mtv, jkpop, host, singer, daiya shinpo, parfait-tic, romantic princess, nan feng cai, eastern camel, lucky touch, he shao ran, 3 peas in a pod, perry

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users