AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Skipping class?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
56 replies to this topic

#41 j0hn

j0hn

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:39 AM

i have skipped school a lot before, i now regret skipping classes

#42 Aspire

Aspire

Sweet and Spicy

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6791 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 05:56 AM

I skipped classes during secondary school, using my club and uniform unit activities as excuses. I made some of them up and ended up chatting with my seniors (who also skipped their classes) in the canteen.

We got more freedom when we came to college and university. There were times when I simply "didn't feel it was necessary to attend class". Haha... there were the wild and crazy days... not going to have these again in working life! <_<

#43 No.Othing Serio.Ous?

No.Othing Serio.Ous?

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:15 AM

In high school I skipped whenever I pleased. If I woke up late and missed my bus I wouldn't bother getting ready, I would just go back to sleep.

#44 pseto1989

pseto1989

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:18 AM

I have had my share of skipping class. Before when I was young I would skip class just to stay at home and sleep but now I look back on it, it wasn't worth it. GO TO SCHOOL!

#45 UDntNeedaNo

UDntNeedaNo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:06 AM

Don't skip, it's worth listening even though it can be boring or makes you sleepy sometimes.

#46 u13e12

u13e12

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:01 AM

lmfao wait till you guys go to college.....

#47 mlint007

mlint007

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ The Seeker

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2312 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:30 AM

It all depends on the teacher and what kind of syllabus he gives. If my teacher gives a syllabus at the beginning of the semester which tells me what to study and when the test are...then I may skip some classes and show up for all my test.

If the teacher says showing up for class is part of my grade then I would be there every day...so it's just finding the balance

#48 mizuubear

mizuubear

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:00 AM

I used to skip whenever I knew that we wouldn't be doing anything important in the class. I would simply just walk out and go home. However, on other days when I didn't feel like going I would just stay home unless my parents insisted on driving me, in that case I would pretend to be sick in school and get sent home... lol

#49 madebyTAG

madebyTAG

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:00 AM

In college, I find that it sometimes helps to skip class. I've had some classes where literally, the entire grade is based on exams... and the exams are literally based on the textbook. So I just read the textbook, and spend more time focusing on other classes. Do this with caution, but sometimes it can help... But don't do it if you're not sure.

#50 Diego Viet

Diego Viet

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:27 AM

Never, ever skipped class before. I was late once, because my smartphone wasn't synchronized to the clock, and I almost literally cried.

#51 arabella033

arabella033

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:22 AM

I skipped class one time in high school and my mom found out because she usually calls the school and checks out my progress and my brothers. She was so mad at me because she is pretty strict regarding academics. She waited 24 hours to give me my punishment for skipping class and it was pretty brutal. She took away my cellphone, no computer and internet access, no television time and no mp3. It lasted for 2 weeks for the punishment be lifted and I didn't skip classes after that. I learned my lesson. :)

#52 Kim4ever

Kim4ever

✰★ 咸濕婆 ★✰

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14224 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:22 PM

Yeah I skipped a few times, and I felt guilty LOL

#53 Yevgeniya

Yevgeniya

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:39 PM

I skipped my history, English, math, language, basically almost all the classes I took at least once except for gym and the sciences in HS. In HS they had this syllabus saying they allow x amount of absences and lateness, I basically skipped x-1 times. But not in university, the classes don't meet everyday, and if you miss even one lecture it's hard for you to follow...depending on what course that is.

#54 playstation3

playstation3

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:04 AM

my high school would call home every time a student skipped class without any prior excuse. in college, nobody cares whether you skip class. it's sometimes preferable if you have other priorities, e.g. job interview, study for a test that's worth 35% of your grade for another class.

#55 nylevor

nylevor

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:19 AM

I DID IT ONCE Posted Image COZ IM SO BORED THAT DAY xD

#56 Trambeline

Trambeline

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:41 AM

Thinking back, I should have skipped a few classes in high-school. Education in America is so redundant anyway; it is forced education to make many students sick. Now that I am in college, I don't mind taking off a class or two, just a few won't kill you. Besides, if you're the good student type, it's bound to show. It can be detrimental to many kids' lives with the kind of forced education in America these days. So I'd say, if you must, take off a day or two, it wouldn't do any harm.

#57 Ait Wang

Ait Wang

xoxo Mr Wang

• Forum Crew
  • 2262 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

I don't mind taking off a class or two, just a few won't kill you. Besides, if you're the good student type, it's bound to show.

This is so true. I had a classmate who was always absent but graduated Magna CumLaude because she's very intelligent. I couldn't believe it but she was my sister's classmate in Accounting and other subjects that deals with number. Sis said." That woman is very good at Math".She's married with 2 kids. I wondered why we're classmate. Maybe she earned units in Education. She wants to be like me. :)