AF needs funding again

Photo

Rising R&B singer Jason Chen amazing netizens in America and China

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 XiaoPauli

XiaoPauli

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 06:19 AM

Rising R&B singer Jason "MiniAchilles" Chen amazing netizens in America and China
Posted Image
Source: CpopAccess

While music hopefuls in Japan and South Korea audition their way to fame through their intricate pop music factories, and their counterparts in Taiwan and China try to achieve their own dreams by running through intense televised talent show competitions, Taiwanese-American rising R&B music sensation MiniAchilles a.k.a. Jason Chen brings a more western touch for showcasing his talented vocals to the masses: by converting viewers into fans through the power of social media such as YouTube.

As a recent business economics graduate from the University of California at Los Angeles, the southern California resident evolved from producing ear-pleasing acoustic creations into crafting amazing re-imaginings of contemporary hits. From his soulful mash-up interpretation of Eminem's “Love the Way You Lie/Not Afraid”, his most excellent pure English cover of Taeyang's “Wedding Dress”, and his addictively soothing remix of Nelly's “Just a Dream” with fellow YouTube artist Joseph Vincent, it is not surprising that he has a significant following on various online social network sites such as Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter.

Posted Image

In addition to the collaboration release of his latest “Just a Dream” cover, the aspiring R&B musician is no stranger to producing collaborated musical masterpieces. One only needs to take a listen to his duet part in the Jason Derulo cover of “In My Head” with fellow YouTuber CP, as well as his guest vocals in YouTuber Lil Crazed's cover of Train's “Hey Soul Sister”, to know that Jason can produce candy to the ears without the autotune cavities that has been the trend on radio airwaves. Jason's musical talents are not limited to vocals either, as his collaboration mashup with YouTuber J Rice on B.o.B's "Nothin' on You" and The Script's "Breakeven" demonstrates that he can perform with graceful violin-playing skills as well.

With his Taiwanese background, the rising R&B singer also lends his singing chops in Chinese Mandarin with refreshing takes of Wang Leehom's “The One and Only” and Gary Cao and Genie Cho's “Romeo and Juliet” with Wendi Lee (who herself went on to compete in Taiwan's singing talent show Superstar Avenue Season 3). In fact, after Chinese video streaming site YinYueTai's feature of Jason's “Love the Way You Lie/Not Afraid” garnered about half a million views in a span of two weeks, the singer will soon release his own rendition of Wang Leehom's "All The Things You Never Knew" as a way to thank his Chinese fans for the massive support given by them.

Posted Image

If there is one artist that can prove that if you can sing it, they will come, then it is Jason Chen. It is thus no wonder that the R&B singer is gaining more and more fans on a daily basis. The fact that he has done it through unconventionally tapping the democratic power of netizens' interests, especially from online video streaming sites like YouTube and YinYueTai, drives home at least one conclusion: that talent, not marketing, is the force behind Jason's rising popularity. In a world where image rules in the music arena, that is a pleasant sound for sore ears.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzPetEzG_n0

Jason "MiniAchilles" Chen's YouTube Channel:
http://www.youtube.c...er/miniachilles

#2 XiaoPauli

XiaoPauli

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:26 PM

There will be an interview with Jason coming up, and he is more than happy to take questions from fans and viewers. If you have a question for him, feel free to post here, and there's a good chance that it will be responded by him.

#3 oh`retro

oh`retro

aktf for dbsk ♥

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 10:37 PM

Yo, I love this dude, he's so talented.
His Chinese song covers are amazing.
Someone in TW should sign him, they need some real talent there.

#4 babyblue-twinkle

babyblue-twinkle

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 02:36 AM

ohhh...i subscribed to Jason on YT long time ago. i never thought I would see him on AF news portal!!! He has such a nice voice.

Honestly, YouTube has a LOT of talented singers out there.

#5 mexchin12345

mexchin12345

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 04:01 AM

how old is jason chen?

there's a alivenotdead / jasonchen

not sure is it him since it's been there for years.

#6 mzkarenn

mzkarenn

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1301 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 06:05 AM

he is so amazing, very talented!!

#7 ~MG~

~MG~

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:14 PM

He has such a nice voice.. Glad I clicked on this article! Haha
Gonna go subscribe to him on YT now! :P

#8 Guest_Kaesi Gelelo_*

Guest_Kaesi Gelelo_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:53 AM

Love their collaboration. Actually I'm one of the follower of Jason Chen's songs in YouTube. I love his version of the songs. Kudos to you guys. 2 Thumbs Up!

#9 2mingenfan

2mingenfan

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2987 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:00 AM

creative and gifted..and using his ucla education!! good luck jason!!

#10 sport

sport

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5419 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:43 AM

lol I think the other guy Joseph Vincent sounds alot better and is hotter though!

#11 hippokathy88

hippokathy88

[ hippO ♥ Freedom ]

• Forum Masters
  • 5163 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 03:28 PM

lol I think the other guy Joseph Vincent sounds alot better and is hotter though!

HAHAHA I AGREE!!!

jason is definitely better than a lot of celebrities out there. i found him like about 6 months ago and been really impressed w/ his works.