AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

What do Japanese think of Vietnamese?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#1 AgentZero23213

AgentZero23213

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 11:08 PM

i am a viet guy and i love japanese pop culture. i noticed the hate between east asians. chinese hate japanese, korean hate japanese, japanese hate korean, chinese hate korean, korean hate chinese and so on. what do the japanese think of vietnamese? they do like or dislike us?

#2 Jennifer Kim

Jennifer Kim

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:30 AM

I don't think Korean and Japanese have any issues with Vietnamese. I know Korean people are quiet friendly with Vietnamese.

Edited by fan0fyunakim, 11 August 2010 - 12:42 AM.

#3 Goldencarp

Goldencarp

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3297 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 04:38 PM

honestly, I don't think most Japs or Koreans have an interest in Viets. I've never really noticed as if they do

Reasons are it's 1) Vietnam in SEA, and not East Asia and 2) the culture is not really popular (the only thing they're probably known for is Pho. Many people probably don't even know what that is or anything about Viet food or culture) nor did it influence their cultures

#4 gearofwar

gearofwar

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 12:51 AM

honestly, I don't think most Japs or Koreans have an interest in Viets. I've never really noticed as if they do

Reasons are it's 1) Vietnam in SEA, and not East Asia and 2) the culture is not really popular (the only thing they're probably known for is Pho. Many people probably don't even know what that is or anything about Viet food or culture) nor did it influence their cultures

wow, what asian are you? i must be damned to know that such a narrow-minded like you still exists in this world. Here i comes , i'm a vnmese and what you say made me laugh so hard... "the only thing they are well-known for is Pho" -lmao, even i don't give a damn wanting to eat this....the culture is not popular? i guess you're some indo and flipino and maybe some chinese lol who doesn't care since living already bothers them that much mind energy, who doesn't give a sh*t about vn's culture, even us don't give a sh*t about you. Japanese are friends of us, we have been through hard times in the past till now, we have exchanging culture program, many japanese live in some specific district in vn. Korean doesn't have anything to do with us though some of our ancestors were in korea. Their media has become a big problem for jap and vn and china...Vn is in SEA but our culture is East Asia, we have many friends around SCEA during the time of war so no point in not joining them. China was our enemy most of the times , korea and jap are US allied, we can't join them thus we just had a war with US. Go to the West side of US where vnmese are popular and you will know about us dumb*ss or visit our country. We're friendly at heart, you want to be enemy we're not so afraid. Let you know that not many country in the times is a friend of Soviet union or had influences on their system, Soviet union (russia) knows us well and they don't that many friends ..if it wasn't for our great president , China communist couldn't get help from Soviet to establish their early gorvement.

#5 Goldencarp

Goldencarp

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3297 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 11:19 PM

No, I'm not indo or filipino. Looks who's talking dumb and narrow minded ... you assume I'm maybe indo, filipino or maybe some kind of "Chinese stereotype". YOU'RE ACTUALLY the one who's IGNORANT. You didn't even begin to understand what I said.

Even if I'm Chinese, so what??? What's YOUR problem??? Talk about an IGNORAMOUS ... you, after the comments you said

I'm not from Vietnam, so I don't know anything about any Jap and Viet "relations" ... all I know is, I haven't heard of any (at least "not 'til now", or so you say)

No, I'm not indo or filipino. Looks who's talking dumb and narrow minded ... you assume I'm maybe indo, filipino or maybe some kind of "Chinese stereotype". YOU'RE ACTUALLY the one who's IGNORANT. You didn't even begin to understand what I said.

Even if I'm Chinese, so what??? What's YOUR problem??? Talk about an IGNORAMOUS ... you, after the comments you said

the culture is not popular?

Not AS much as Chinese ... or Jap ... or Korean ... how many things can you say about Viet culture, that's actually popular on a WIDER scale, compare to these cultures???

That's what I meant. But you go off like an IGNORANT PIECE OF sh*t and get all prejudice and "as if you think you're tough" ... don't be a fuckin' idiot

Japanese are friends of us, we have been through hard times in the past till now, we have exchanging culture program, many japanese live in some specific district in vn.

as if that's well known ... not really ... and I doubt there are MANY Japs living in Vietnam. Obviously they must be a minority, heck I'm sure there are more Chinese living there. What would alot of Japs want to do, living in a communist and still developing nation like Vietnam??? As if most of them would rather leave Japan, where it's much more highly developed ... compared to Vietnam ... I don't think so!!! Logically, doesn't make much sense. It's a FACT that Vietnam is STILL a "rather developing" nation, and probably not half as "modern" or "well developed" as Japan. Heck, it would make MORE SENSE to go to China, where there's a larger economy, so much business and therefore possibly alot more opportunity

I don't know how those Japs got there, except maybe like you say "foreign exchange program" ... but since when has Vietnam (and yes, I mean the country itself ... and even the culture) been SO popular ... certainly NOT AS MUCH on a larger scale, compared to East Asia ... I'm not saying to "insult", that's a FACT, AND EVERYONE KNOWS IT. EVEN VIETNAM KNOWS IT. But I guess you're so damn nationalistic you rather just deny it ... even so ... are you REALLY that stupid??? EVERYONE knows Vietnam and Viet culture is NOT AS popular or well known on a larger scale compared to other East Asian nations and cultures

If that hurts your pride ... you deserve it for being so stupid. I'm just saying a FACT. When people want Asian food ... theyr'e more often going to Chinese restaurants. How many Viet celebs can you name, compared to Chinese??? And China has already made "a name for themselves" in some ways, compared to Vietnam. How often has Vietnam ever been mentioned in news??? All most people probably know Vietnam for is the history of war (and I know you rather not go there ... either that, or SOME stupid Viets that say they hate Chinese, because of blah blah blah ... some fuckin' history between them that I barely know about and had nothing to do with

Sure, some Chinese don't like Viets ... but especially ones like you ... it's guys LIKE YOU who make them look bad

Edited by Goldencarp, 20 September 2011 - 11:34 PM.

#6 Goldencarp

Goldencarp

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3297 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 12:04 AM

Go to the West side of US where vnmese are popular and you will know about us dumb*ss or visit our country. We're friendly at heart, you want to be enemy we're not so afraid.

You're talking about a "smaller minority" of people, compared to HOW MANY Chinese there are, BOTH in the West AND East, AND worldwide, OVERALL. Your area might have alot of Viets, but that doesn't mean it's like that everywhere, West or East. Outside of where you are, are Viets a majority everywhere??? More than Chinese??? Of course not

You assume I'm an "enemy" because I'm not Viet? You're a fuckin' idiot. You began to show your own prejudice and IGNORANCE with what you said, DOESN'T make you any better. If anything ... I "have a few Viet friends" ... or at least they're SUPPOSED to be ...

Let you know that not many country in the times is a friend of Soviet union or had influences on their system, Soviet union (russia) knows us well and they don't that many friends ..if it wasn't for our great president , China communist couldn't get help from Soviet to establish their early gorvement.

yeah, and guess what? at least China doesn't depend on Soviet Union, or anyone ... to "hold their hand", and in this sense, I mean that unlike Vietnam ... we're not the ones "praising" them ... "ooooo, Soviet Union is friends with us, yah don't mess with us!" lol, fuckin' idiot. Because everyone knows China has the power to crush Vietnam if they REALLY wanted to. This is FACT, not a "mere opinion", and if you've been keeping up with military news on China you would know it, AND in many other aspects as well. China knows it, the rest of the world knows it, AND VIETNAM knows it. I'm NOT speaking from nationalistic pride, those are FACTS, or at least very likely

I didn't want to have to kick at Vietnam ... but you really "pushed my button". I COULD of resisted, but I'm speaking FACTS. I don't hate all Viets ... just guys like you

either that, or you're a troll ... and I can guess a few people around here ... DON'T THINK YOU'RE FUNNY. IF you're a troll, I see your agenda. YOU'RE NOT THAT CLEVER. I can already take a few guesses ...

I DIDN'T REALLY "attack" all Viets or Vietnam, certainly NOT SO MUCH AS A STUPID IDIOT LIKE YOURSELF. I actually answered rather objectively (well, mostly. anyone else, I was JUST referring to assholes like you), and if it hurts your pride, you DESERVED it. Fuckin' come on here, talk sh*t about Chinese and attack me for it, and say I'm an 'enemy" of Viets. You're a fuckin' moron, you really are

Edited by Goldencarp, 21 September 2011 - 12:33 AM.

#7 gearofwar

gearofwar

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:28 AM

You're talking about a "smaller minority" of people, compared to HOW MANY Chinese there are, BOTH in the West AND East, AND worldwide, OVERALL. Your area might have alot of Viets, but that doesn't mean it's like that everywhere, West or East. Outside of where you are, are Viets a majority everywhere??? More than Chinese??? Of course not

You assume I'm an "enemy" because I'm not Viet? You're a fuckin' idiot. You began to show your own prejudice and IGNORANCE with what you said, DOESN'T make you any better. If anything ... I "have a few Viet friends" ... or at least they're SUPPOSED to be ...

yeah, and guess what? at least China doesn't depend on Soviet Union, or anyone ... to "hold their hand", and in this sense, I mean that unlike Vietnam ... we're not the ones "praising" them ... "ooooo, Soviet Union is friends with us, yah don't mess with us!" lol, fuckin' idiot. Because everyone knows China has the power to crush Vietnam if they REALLY wanted to. This is FACT, not a "mere opinion", and if you've been keeping up with military news on China you would know it, AND in many other aspects as well. China knows it, the rest of the world knows it, AND VIETNAM knows it. I'm NOT speaking from nationalistic pride, those are FACTS, or at least very likely

I didn't want to have to kick at Vietnam ... but you really "pushed my button". I COULD of resisted, but I'm speaking FACTS. I don't hate all Viets ... just guys like you

either that, or you're a troll ... and I can guess a few people around here ... DON'T THINK YOU'RE FUNNY. IF you're a troll, I see your agenda. YOU'RE NOT THAT CLEVER. I can already take a few guesses ...

I DIDN'T REALLY "attack" all Viets or Vietnam, certainly NOT SO MUCH AS A STUPID IDIOT LIKE YOURSELF. I actually answered rather objectively (well, mostly. anyone else, I was JUST referring to assholes like you), and if it hurts your pride, you DESERVED it. Fuckin' come on here, talk sh*t about Chinese and attack me for it, and say I'm an 'enemy" of Viets. You're a fuckin' moron, you really are

it doesn't even hurt one bit ..you just made me laugh so hard of how narrowminded and stupid you are ...well, to answer your simple question that's supposed to be known but this asshole like you don't even know a sh*t.
Japanese came to stay in our country because we have nice food, nice places ,nice people and nice culture. The thing is such an idiot like you who could only read online , watch through media didn't even see or come there with your own eyes so just based on what you called FACTS.We're not like japanese to try to spread our culture like that. Reminding you, china is a whole goddamn country that sucks and greed for resources, the complexity of the society is b*llsh*t , if you are chinese ,i'm sorry to hurt you but your country really poisons area around, your citizen live like dogs even worse than us, look at what your goverment have done. While we were having war for hundred years , you china sit waiting for chances to take attack our border.. Japan? they're a developed country because they got the whole support as being an US ally, 70 years after the WW2 for them and we? 35 years after the war, we got no support but move on our own but look what we have highest 3G in area. It's not like our fault for being a underdevelopement country or anything idiot. I have a question, what do you know about japan and through which way you got to know them?

we had more than thousand of years of your f**k*ng china kept kicking at our border, the greedy western France and Spanish attacked many times before we even had a war with US. Gimme us a break , we didn't even have a chance to rebuild, but look at us right now , we're moving so fast. We don't give a sh*t about how we're gonna spread the culture but we value on how we're gonna beat you in head-to head , in knownledge and that's what we focus on. We've got so many genius people right traveling around the world , such an idiot didn't even know ,for a small example : Philipp Rösler, he is the vice chancellor and Federal Minister of Economics and Technology of Germany...do u even know this?

#8 Guest_Gabriel'_*

Guest_Gabriel'_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:15 AM

Acording to figures in the end of May 2011 by Vietnam FIA (Foreign Investment Agency), Japan has carried out 1,532 FDI (Foreign Direct Investment) projects in Vietnam with the total registered capital of about $21 billion, ranking the 4th (after Taiwan, Singapore and Korea) amid 92 nations and territories investing in Vietnam. Besides, among 100 nations receiving ODA (Oversea Development Aid) from Japan, Vietnam is ranked the 2nd with the aid of about $1.7 billion/year, (just after the number of $2 billions/year for India) to fund infrastructure projects. As of 2009 (the latest statistics) , there have been 9,468 Japanese living and working in Vietnam and about 440,000 Japanese tourists visiting Vietnam in 2010. You won't throw money and come to a place where you have no interest.

Not AS much as Chinese ... or Jap ... or Korean ... how many things can you say about Viet culture, that's actually popular on a WIDER scale, compare to these cultures???

... Heck, it would make MORE SENSE to go to China, where there's a larger economy, so much business and therefore possibly alot more opportunity.

When people want Asian food ... theyr'e more often going to Chinese restaurants. How many Viet celebs can you name, compared to Chinese??? And China has already made "a name for themselves" in some ways, compared to Vietnam. How often has Vietnam ever been mentioned in news???

This thread is created to ask about relations in culture and development between Vietnam and Japan and what Japanese think of Vietnamese, not about how much larger Vietnam's cultural influences comparing to China's have on Japanese . You suddenly barge in the topic with your comparisons between Vietnam and China to disrespect our cultural values as worthless and undeserved to get a recognition.

Is there any regulation that the name China must be put on the highest spot of the priority list in every discussion here? Culture Shock is just exclusive for talks about China's cultures, isn't it? Or is that just your habit to keep comparing your big China with smaller nations to prove how great China is in the world?

Edited by Gabriel., 08 April 2012 - 10:17 AM.

#9 Goldencarp

Goldencarp

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3297 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:17 AM

Japanese came to stay in our country because we have nice food, nice places ,nice people and nice culture. The thing is such an idiot like you who could only read online , watch through media didn't even see or come there with your own eyes so just based on what you called FACTS.We're not like japanese to try to spread our culture like that.

You SAID Viet culture is popular ... I'm SAYING IT'S NOT, NOT even half as popular or well known. So I'm already right on that, you fuckin' moron

Reminding you, china is a whole goddamn country that sucks and greed for resources, the complexity of the society is b*llsh*t , if you are chinese ,i'm sorry to hurt you but your country really poisons area around, your citizen live like dogs even worse than us, look at what your goverment have done.

I'm not in China, so I'm not a citizen there. at least I'm not as narrow minded and ignorant as you, to only see the bad and not any good in China. I never said China was "perfect", and I know it has some problems ... but I'm pretty sure Vietnam has some of its bad, so stop looking like a stupid ass b*tch who thinks he or his "beloved' country is gonna look "much better", because all I see is an asshole ... you. yeah go ahead and bash China, nothing I haven't already haven't heard before ... and BEING A PUNK ASS SHITHEAD WHILE AT IT

While we were having war for hundred years , you china sit waiting for chances to take attack our border.. Japan?

f*ck damn you're stupid. I have nothing to do with China itself ... as in at least not actually being there, NOR did I come over from there. I was born and grew up in the West,
but you wanna keep associating me with it. The main reason I threw it in your face, is because you started associating me with it, so I figured I may as well GIVE YOU A GOOD KICK WHILE AT IT. You wanna "brag" about Vietnam and Viet culture ... don't go looking fuckin' stupid now. On a LARGER, WORLDWIDE SCALE, Vietnam doesn't have "that much influence" or power, compared to East Asia. That's an OBJECTIVE FACT, PLAIN AND SIMPLE ... f*ck, I SHOULD JUST SLAP YOU RIGHT NOW

they're a developed country because they got the whole support as being an US ally, 70 years after the WW2 for them and we? 35 years after the war, we got no support but move on our own but look what we have highest 3G in area. It's not like our fault for being a underdevelopement country or anything idiot. I have a question, what do you know about japan and through which way you got to know them?

REGARDLESS of how they became advanced, the FACT is they're a more developed nation ... WHY ARE YOU SO FUCKIN' STUPID?????? YOU CAN'T SEEM TO TAKE THE ANSWER
OBJECTIVELY

we had more than thousand of years of your f**k*ng china kept kicking at our border, the greedy western France and Spanish attacked many times before we even had a war with US.

if assholes like you are what came out of Vietnam ... then you deserve all the beating that China "did to you" ... but China didn't do anything PERSONALLY to you, you're just a stupid nationalist and that's the way you look at it. so you wanna come on here and pick a fight with me, and think you're some kind of "hero". WHAT A FUCKIN' LOSER

Gimme us a break , we didn't even have a chance to rebuild, but look at us right now , we're moving so fast. We don't give a sh*t about how we're gonna spread the culture but we value on how we're gonna beat you in head-to head , in knownledge and that's what we focus on. We've got so many genius people right traveling around the world , such an idiot didn't even know ,for a small example : Philipp Rösler, he is the vice chancellor and Federal Minister of Economics and Technology of Germany...do u even know this?

LMFAO!!!!!!!!! and you just wanna deny that there ARE ALSO alot of highly educated and intelligent people who happen to be Chinese, right??? Have you even stopped to think
of how many of them have "top university education" ... China didn't come as far as it did, out of nothing. Yes, it's a developing nation but it's ALSO "rapidly developing" in
some ways. Whether they're in China, or not. You can say it "sounds vague", but in reality, this obviously isn't some "made up b*llsh*t". IS THIS SO HARD TO BELIEVE???
OF COURSE NOT. I'm not saying they're aren't any smart Viets, but if you wanna deny what I said ... you're a fuckin' moron ... again

and how does a guy from Germany represent Vietnam??? what's your point???

I didn't even go to university, and I CAN STILL BEAT AND KICK YOUR MOTHERFUCKIN' ASS ANY DAY ... DON'T MAKE ME LAUGH NOW. You think saying a vague thing like that,
"intimidates" me ... NOT THE LEAST BIT. BUDDY, I CAN KICK YOUR ASS ANY DAY. Even if I don't know "some stuff", no one knows everything. But I know what I'm good at,
and I'm not afraid to show it. If I so wanna take a kick at you ... I'll do it any time I want. But obviously you're just a feeble headed punk ... barely worth it

and furthermore, LOSERS LIKE YOU ARE NOT WHAT I REALLY CAME FOR, AT AF. but hey, what's said is said, had fun while at it. "thanks for playing", but you lost this round,
and you'll lose again

#10 gearofwar

gearofwar

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:53 AM

You SAID Viet culture is popular ... I'm SAYING IT'S NOT, NOT even half as popular or well known. So I'm already right on that, you fuckin' moron

I'm not in China, so I'm not a citizen there. at least I'm not as narrow minded and ignorant as you, to only see the bad and not any good in China. I never said China was "perfect", and I know it has some problems ... but I'm pretty sure Vietnam has some of its bad, so stop looking like a stupid ass b*tch who thinks he or his "beloved' country is gonna look "much better", because all I see is an asshole ... you. yeah go ahead and bash China, nothing I haven't already haven't heard before ... and BEING A PUNK ASS SHITHEAD WHILE AT IT

f*ck damn you're stupid. I have nothing to do with China itself ... as in at least not actually being there, NOR did I come over from there. I was born and grew up in the West,
but you wanna keep associating me with it. The main reason I threw it in your face, is because you started associating me with it, so I figured I may as well GIVE YOU A GOOD KICK WHILE AT IT. You wanna "brag" about Vietnam and Viet culture ... don't go looking fuckin' stupid now. On a LARGER, WORLDWIDE SCALE, Vietnam doesn't have "that much influence" or power, compared to East Asia. That's an OBJECTIVE FACT, PLAIN AND SIMPLE ... f*ck, I SHOULD JUST SLAP YOU RIGHT NOW

REGARDLESS of how they became advanced, the FACT is they're a more developed nation ... WHY ARE YOU SO FUCKIN' STUPID?????? YOU CAN'T SEEM TO TAKE THE ANSWER
OBJECTIVELY

if assholes like you are what came out of Vietnam ... then you deserve all the beating that China "did to you" ... but China didn't do anything PERSONALLY to you, you're just a stupid nationalist and that's the way you look at it. so you wanna come on here and pick a fight with me, and think you're some kind of "hero". WHAT A FUCKIN' LOSER

LMFAO!!!!!!!!! and you just wanna deny that there ARE ALSO alot of highly educated and intelligent people who happen to be Chinese, right??? Have you even stopped to think
of how many of them have "top university education" ... China didn't come as far as it did, out of nothing. Yes, it's a developing nation but it's ALSO "rapidly developing" in
some ways. Whether they're in China, or not. You can say it "sounds vague", but in reality, this obviously isn't some "made up b*llsh*t". IS THIS SO HARD TO BELIEVE???
OF COURSE NOT. I'm not saying they're aren't any smart Viets, but if you wanna deny what I said ... you're a fuckin' moron ... again

I didn't even go to university, and I CAN STILL BEAT AND KICK YOUR MOTHERFUCKIN' ASS ANY DAY ... DON'T MAKE ME LAUGH NOW. You think saying a vague thing like that,
"intimidates" me ... NOT THE LEAST BIT. BUDDY, I CAN KICK YOUR ASS ANY DAY. Even if I don't know "some stuff", no one knows everything. But I know what I'm good at,
and I'm not afraid to show it. If I so wanna take a kick at you ... I'll do it any time I want. But obviously you're just a feeble headed punk ... barely worth it

and furthermore, LOSERS LIKE YOU ARE NOT WHAT I REALLY CAME FOR, AT AF. but hey, what's said is said, had fun while at it. "thanks for playing", but you lost this round,
and you'll lose again

b*tch , look at the post above you ..look who is at fault here. I wouldn't just punch in your face when i see you, i want stab you to death mother fucker

b*tch , look at the post above you ..look who is at fault here. I wouldn't just punch in your face when i see you, i want stab you to dead mother fucker. Reading your post doesn't seem to change anything , hilarious..

OBJECTIVELY

and you'll lose again

we don't have top education universities ? in your china? i have never heard of any famous unis even i live next to it. You're just a western chinese born b*tch, doesn't know anything about the East , so keep sticking your nose to the West for the god's sake.
What is this sh*t b*tch? We have alot of international universities ,have u ever heard of RMIT ? just a small example...i didn't want to study here b*tch , i graduated from our National university and it's already top notch american universities here except famous ones . That's why I came to study in Columbia Uni in New York to see what kind of education you western think highly of . You told me we're educated ? i don't think so b*tch, i beat half of my class in my Math subject alone, your western study is so easy in beginning . In high school , we're in top notch level of university. I wouldn't want to read your whole post , since it's painful to read and it's just like a dog keeps barking nonsense.
Philipp Rösler is just of one example of vnemese representative oversea, he is a vietnamese b*tch, didn't it get to your head? It's hard for you to understand isn't it, i wouldn't mind giving you another example : Ngo Bao Chau ... just one of our mathematicians, he was studying in one of our coutry universities.

#11 Guest_Gabriel'_*

Guest_Gabriel'_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2011 - 03:47 AM

You SAID Viet culture is popular ... I'm SAYING IT'S NOT, NOT even half as popular or well known.

Popular enough to get Japanese's interests in investing and cooperating with us. And don't worry, our culture is apparently not as popular as that of your homeland and so not to overtake your position in Japanese's hearts. You don't need to feel insecure about that possibility. To Japan, China's always the biggest partner in Asia, ok?

I'm not in China, so I'm not a citizen there.

As far as I've known, you're even NOT Japanese also, so what the heck do you do in this thread? You think you, a Canada-born Chinese, can speak on behalf of Japanese, don't you? You're sure you well know what Japanese think of Vietnamese?

You wanna "brag" about Vietnam and Viet culture ... don't go looking fuckin' stupid now. On a LARGER, WORLDWIDE SCALE, Vietnam doesn't have "that much influence" or power, compared to East Asia. That's an OBJECTIVE FACT, PLAIN AND SIMPLE ... f*ck, I SHOULD JUST SLAP YOU RIGHT NOW

So, you think we Vietnamese are NOT entitled to be proud of our culture values just because they are so small and not worth a dime to have some influence in your criteria? The very reason he brags about Vietnam cultures is that youâ™re the one to burn the flame first and look down on our nation cultures. Then you begin to compare our nation with your China as a way to deride us.

Have you ever read the Original Post carefully before posting your first post here? What is the correlation between the scope of cultural influence of a nation and the standards and chances for business cooperation and culture exchange of other nations towards that one? Japan has trades with hundreds of nations bigger or smaller than Vietnam, and do they care much the size like you? If you look at their government plan to distribute ODA funds to poor, developing nations in the world, you'll see how much they concern and appreciate Vietnam. Even when their nation suffers a bad budget deficit, Japan still pledges its second largest increased ODA fund to support Vietnam this year.

His point is, despite that Vietnam is still a developing nation, it doesn't mean our nation doesn't have smart and successful people if they can be educated in a highly-advanced environment, and Philipp Rosler is a good example. He's a full Vietnamese child adopted by a German family and becomes the second powerful man in Germany for the time being.

I see no where in his post claiming that China doesn't have intelligent people. You're just so obsessed with your consistency to compare Vietnam with China that you can't comprehend what he said. Please simplify every matter to make yourself less self-opinionated and your life less gloomy.

Edited by Gabriel., 08 April 2012 - 10:20 AM.

#12 Goldencarp

Goldencarp

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3297 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:57 PM

b*tch , look at the post above you ..look who is at fault here. I wouldn't just punch in your face when i see you, i want stab you to death mother fucker

the feeling is mutual ... I feel the same towards you ... but right now, I'm already laughing at you ...

we don't have top education universities ? in your china? i have never heard of any famous unis even i live next to it. You're just a western chinese born b*tch, doesn't know anything about the East , so keep sticking your nose to the West for the god's sake.

oh, I don't know anything at all, about Asia??? maybe not everything ... but what I do know, or think, I say. I must know SOME facts ... you rather sound in denial

and for someone living in America ... what makes you think you know any more about Asia, than I do? so far, you've shown none, or rather barely

That's why I came to study in Columbia Uni in New York to see what kind of education you western think highly of . You told me we're educated ? i don't think so b*tch, i beat half of my class in my Math subject alone, your western study is so easy in beginning .

I wasn't talking about schools in Vietnam ... and from what I've heard, students in China are excelling in math, PROBABLY EVEN MORE than in Vietnam. but just to be fair ... I don't exactly know about the education in Vietnam, so I won't assume anything here. I'm just saying from what I've heard, that alot of Chinese excel in math, including China, where in China, where probably younger students are probably already studying math on a higher level, than in the West, where their "advanced" level, is PROBABLY more like
General, back in China (at least some schools, if not all). Of course hearing that Chinese excel at math is a stereotype, but it's probably quite true of many of them, otherwise no one would say it.

Was I talking about western math in high school? No, I wasn't, or at least not very much. Fact is, many Chinese go on to become accountants ... not all, but many have

Philipp Rösler is just of one example of vnemese representative oversea, he is a vietnamese b*tch, didn't it get to your head? It's hard for you to understand isn't it, i wouldn't mind giving you another example : Ngo Bao Chau ... just one of our mathematicians, he was studying in one of our coutry universities.

stop being an idiot. I didn't say there weren't any educated Viets. I just asked how a guy from Germany had anything to do with them, especially when his name isn't even Viet

I wouldn't want to read your whole post , since it's painful to read and it's just like a dog keeps barking nonsense.

that's WHY PEOPLE LIKE YOU NEVER get it ... you just pick and choose what you want to hear and respond to, but when they're facts and anything that would ACTUALLY KICK YOUR ASS AND MAKE YOU LOOK SORE BLACK, RED AND BLUE ... you shut your mouth, b*tch, because you know I'm right. You're not the only one ... of course many other losers
before you have done it, the same thing ... it's what makes you all losers, IGNORANT losers

#13 Goldencarp

Goldencarp

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3297 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:54 PM

This thread is created to ask about relations in culture and development between Vietnam and Japan and what Japanese think of Vietnamese, not about how much larger Vietnam's cultural influences comparing to China' have on Japanese . You suddenly barge in the topic with your comparisons between Vietnam and China to disrespect our cultural values as worthless and undeserved to get a recognition.

Is there any regulation that the name "China" must be put on the highest spot of the priority list in every discussion here? Culture Shock is just exclusive for talks about China's cultures, isn't it? Or is that just your habit to keep comparing your big China with smaller nations to prove how great China is in the world?

he said Viet culture was popular ... I said I don't think Viet culture is that popular, or how I should say ... not well known. I WASN'T trying to offend the culture, I was BASICALLY SAYING IT'S NOT AS WELL KNOWN ... not as much as other East Asian cultures

Of course you'll be offended since you're Viet ... but that's not how you're supposed to take it. My answer was RATHER OBJECTIVE ... it SEEMS FACT, NOT BECAUSE I "wanted to take a shot at Vietnam and Viets" ... but since he was a punk dissing me and associating me with China, I figured I may as well throw it in his face

Popular enough to get Japanese's interests in investing and cooperating with us. And don't worry, our culture is apparently not as popular as that of your homeland and so not to overtake your position in Japanese's hearts. You don't need to feel insecure about that possibility. To Japan, China's always the biggest partner in Asia, ok?

You think I said all that to influence the Japs??? f*ck I'm just saying what I think are "facts", or at least an opinion ... if not a "solid fact", at least how I look at it

As far as I've known, you're even NOT Japanese also, so what the heck do you do in this thread? You think you, a Canada-born Chinese, can speak on behalf of Japanese, don't you? You're sure you well know what Japanese think of Vietnamese?

who said anything about speaking on their behalf??? I'm just saying what I think

So, you think we Vietnamese are NOT entitled to be proud of our culture values just because they are so small and not worth a dime to have some influence in your criteria? The very reason he brags about Vietnam cultures is that you're the one to burn the flame first and look down on our nation cultures. Then you begin to compare our nation with your China as a way to deride us.

I didn't burn anything first ... he took it the wrong way and got all offended. JUST LIKE YOU'RE DOING, or in some way. and about China, he associated me with it AND dissed me ... so I thew it in his face, just like I said before ...

Have you ever read the Original Post carefully before posting your first post here? What is the correlation between the scope of cultural influence of a nation and the standards and chances for business cooperation and culture exchange of other nations towards that one? Japan has trades with hundreds of nations bigger or smaller than Vietnam, and do they care much the size like you? If you look at their government plan to distribute ODA funds to poor, developing nations in the world, you'll see how much they concern and appreciate Vietnam. Even when their nation suffers a bad budget deficit, Japan still pledges its second largest increased ODA fund to support Vietnam this year.

Did he not simply ask if the Japanese like, or at least influenced by, Viets? from how I look at, that's what it said. I simply said I don't think they seem to be very influenced by VIets, if at all ... there's never been anything even apparently hinting anything before, none at all that I ever saw

His point is, despite that Vietnam is still a developing nation, it doesn't mean our nation doesn't have smart and successful people if they can be educated in a highly-advanced environment, and Philipp Rosler is a good example. He's a full Vietnamese child adopted by a German family and becomes the second powerful man in Germany for the time being.

I see no where in his post claiming that China doesn't have intelligent people. You're just so obsessed with your consistency to compare Vietnam with China that you can't comprehend what he said. Please simplify every matter to make yourself less self-opinionated and your life less gloomy.

and where in my post did I ever say Vietnam doesn't? He got all offended and goes off blabbing about Viets being educated AND dissing China ... what happened was he got all offended and insecure, and felt a "need" to get all defensive. My very first post that he responded to DIDN'T SAY ANY OF THE BS he was saying

You think I made a "mission" out of it??? NO, I DON'T. Look who's talking ... you're the one who always "attacking" China, doesn't even like China (said it yourself) and says every little word to promote, or defend, Vietnam.

Edited by Goldencarp, 22 September 2011 - 09:05 PM.

#14 Anime_X

Anime_X

Coke Addict, mmm Coca Cola

• Forum Crew
  • 3280 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:59 PM

Japanese companies like to tap into Vietnams potential workforce and low wages then compared to Japan. there are many Japanese companies in Vietnam. Japan also uses China and Thailand for cheap and good quality labour.

Japanese people probably don't have anything bad to think or say about Vietnam. The only thing is that Vietnam is not a developed nation unlike Japan.

#15 Guest_Gabriel'_*

Guest_Gabriel'_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:36 AM

Of course you'll be offended since you're Viet ... but that's not how you're supposed to take it. My answer was RATHER OBJECTIVE ... it SEEMS FACT, NOT BECAUSE I "wanted to take a shot at Vietnam and Viets" ...

No, I don't get offended by your first post in this thread since actually I don't bother to care what you think of how little or much our nation's cultures influence Japanese. Our cultures have been formed for a thousand years to educate Vietnamese children thru generations and we don't need to show off anything of it to anyone.

I just begin to care when you begin your song to compare Vietnam with China again as your routine to make us look little and inferior to your nation. Sicken! It's so ridiculous to compare China with small nations like ours. To make China greater and you feel prouder of that? Why not to compare China with nations of the same size like the US? Scared to do so? I remember someone here ever said that his powerful China didn't bother to give a sh*t to compare with Asian neighboring nations as a way to boost up his nation image. He just cared to compete with the US or Russia. Hmm, you seem unlike to fit such traditions.

I didn't burn anything first ... he took it the wrong way and got all offended. JUST LIKE YOU'RE DOING, or in some way.

Reread his first post here:

"wow, what asian are you? i must be damned to know that such a narrow-minded like you still exists in this world. Here i comes , i'm a vnmese and what you say made me laugh so hard... "the only thing they are well-known for is Pho" -lmao, even i don't give a damn wanting to eat this....the culture is not popular? i guess you're some indo and flipino and maybe some chinese lol who doesn't care since living already bothers them that much mind energy, who doesn't give a sh*t about vn's culture, even us don't give a sh*t about you. Japanese are friends of us, we have been through hard times in the past till now, we have exchanging culture program, many japanese live in some specific district in vn. Korean doesn't have anything to do with us though some of our ancestors were in korea. Their media has become a big problem for jap and vn and china...Vn is in SEA but our culture is East Asia, we have many friends around SCEA during the time of war so no point in not joining them. China was our enemy most of the times , korea and jap are US allied, we can't join them thus we just had a war with US. Go to the West side of US where vnmese are popular and you will know about us dumb*ss or visit our country. We're friendly at heart, you want to be enemy we're not so afraid. Let you know that not many country in the times is a friend of Soviet union or had influences on their system, Soviet union (russia) knows us well and they don't that many friends ..if it wasn't for our great president , China communist couldn't get help from Soviet to establish their early gorvement."

Can you see anywhere he claimed Vietnam cultures had more influence on Japan than China's? No. There's NO such comparisons and it's simply a pressing expression about his confirmation for a recognition of our cultures. Did he overreact? Maybe. But it's your fault to trigger it by underrating our cultures.

Did he not simply ask if the Japanese like, or at least influenced by, Viets? from how I look at, that's what it said. I simply said I don't think they seem to be very influenced by VIets, if at all ... there's never been anything even apparently hinting anything before, none at all that I ever saw

The Topic Starter sensed a hatred between East Asians and he expressed worry of whether or not East Asians had the same grudge against other regions in Asia like Southeast area (honestly, I find it a nonsense question which is not put in a proper place. Who doesn't know there are no many Japanese members active on this forum?)

But anyway, I then can't understand why you think this question is related to how big Vietnamese cultures have influence on Japanese, causing an insecure feeling to you that someone wants to brag about Vietnam culture's strong effects on East Asians. Was that what you felt when posting your first comment here? It's unbelievable!

Look who's talking ... you're the one who always "attacking" China, doesn't even like China (said it yourself) and says every little word to promote, or defend, Vietnam.

Pointing out negative points of China is attacking China? Hmm, if that's what you think... So, you like to hear nice praises about China only because nothing stings like the truth? You have a legion here to do that mission and it's not enough? C'mon, please give me a break! I feel like acting as a pessimistic critic more than a blind propagandist, lol!

Edited by Gabriel., 08 April 2012 - 10:23 AM.

#16 Anime_X

Anime_X

• Forum Crew
  • 3280 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:30 PM

No, I don't get offended by your first post in this thread since actually I don't bother to care what you think of how little or much our nation's cultures influence Japanese. Our cultures have been formed for a thousand years to educate Vietnamese children thru generations and we don't need to show off anything of it to anyone.

I just begin to care when you begin your song to compare Vietnam with China again as your routine to make us look little and inferior to your nation. Sicken!

There's proof that you have a lot of venom and hatred towards China that makes your mind clouded towards China and attacking China at every opportunity even if it's uncalled for.

It's so ridiculous to compare China with small nations like ours. To make China greater and you feel prouder of that?

Koreans and Korean lovers in AF always make comparisons between a tiny nation like South Korea with China and America! Small nations doesnt mean poor, because S.Korea is not poor, neither is Japan and they are not that big when compared to Russia, America or China.

#17 Guest_Gabriel'_*

Guest_Gabriel'_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2011 - 04:00 AM

There's proof that you have a lot of venom and hatred towards China that makes your mind clouded towards China and attacking China at every opportunity even if it's uncalled for.

Please address that proof! But remember it must be more accurate and justified than sources from the Wall Street Journal, Businessweek, Bloomberg, the Economist, New York Times.... because what I talk about China are all quoted from those sources. My work is nothing but as that of a quoter to copy and paste some paragraphs on reputable newspapers to readers here. And also, most of my recent opinions about China's current economic status indeed come from insightful articles by Patrick Chovanec on his blog. Let me introduce something about him to you.

Patrick Chovanec is an associate professor at Tsinghua University’s School of Economics and Management in Beijing, China, where he teaches in the school’s International MBA Program. His insights into Chinese business, economics, politics, and culture have been featured by international media including CNN, BBC, Time, Newsweek, Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, Bloomberg, New York Times, Washington Post, Forbes, Foreign Policy, The Atlantic, PBS, NPR, and Al Jazeera. He is a regular guest commentator on Chinese Central Television (CCTV-9) and China Radio International (CRI), and serves as Chairman of the Public Policy Development Committee for the American Chamber of Commerce in China.

Professor Chovanec has worked for several private equity funds focused on China, and continues to advise numerous fund managers, corporations, and governments. Previously, he served as director of Institutional Investor’s Asia Pacific Institute, based in Hong Kong, and its Global Fixed Income Institute, based in London. Prior to that, Chovanec worked in Washington, DC, as an aide to political strategist William Kristol and to Speaker of the House John Boehner. He also served for nine years as an officer in the U.S. Army Reserves.

He first visited China in 1986, and has traveled to every one of its 31 provinces, as well as Taiwan. His travels have taken him to over 45 countries, including India, Pakistan, Russia, South Africa, Cuba, Vietnam, and Cambodia. He holds an BA in Economics from Princeton University and an MBA in Finance and Accounting from the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School, where he graduated as a Palmer Scholar. He is a U.S. Certified Public Accountant (CPA).

This is the address of his blog for you to take a look and know that I don't make up any false information about China as you thought.

http://chovanec.wordpress.com/

Of course, you have right to dismiss everything he addresses about China and say it's crap, but in my own opinion, his analysis has much credit and accuracy. I can't figure any reason why CCTV regularly invites a person just to talk crap about their country on television and radio like that.

P/S: if you fear to accept ugly truths, you can't grow up.

Edited by Gabriel', 24 September 2011 - 05:19 AM.

#18 yoshi-k

yoshi-k

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 01:50 PM

Going back to the original intent of this thread.

I think most of Japanese do not meet Vietnamese in daily life as often as other foreigners since number of Vietnamese living in Japan is quite small.
However, I enjoyed the Vietnam Festival in Tokyo. This year, 2 days event drew more than 150,000 people to Yoyogi Park. The Festival was great success.
We had Ho Quynh Huong, Hien Thuc, and Noo Phuoc Thinh. I was so impressed Ho Quynh Huong, and hope she come more often to Tokyo to sing with her incredible voice. Of course, both Hien Thuc and Noo Phuoc Thinh also would make successfull career here in Japan if they commit to live here.

I like Thai cuisine most as far as South East Asian food is concerned. I also like Vietnamese cuisine, specially Bun Bo Hue and Bahn Xeo. Lots of Vietnamese restaurants in Tokyo offer these excellent dishes.

When I was a college student, I read a book written by Kondo Koichi, a Japanese journalist, who devoted his life to Vietnam and passed away at age 46. He loved Vietnam so much and married to a Vietnam woman. The book really inflenced me of understanding of part of Vietnam history, culture, and people.

Kondo Koichi wrote Vietnamese were intelligent and realistic and knew world politics much better than average Japanese since they had fought wars so often and experienced cold war at thier homeland. I think so, too.

I have read an Japanese trade organization document about Vietnam saying Nguyen Yen who was 15 century architect along with numerous number of Vietnamese engineers contribute to Beijing's buildings at that time. The document also stated Vietnamese shown producing fire power with high quality now and then.
Probably, Japan and Vietnam can learn each other by promoting more trade and investments.

After all, I respect Vietnamese.

From Yoshi Tokyo, Japan.

#19 Goldencarp

Goldencarp

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3297 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 07:44 PM

I just begin to care when you begin your song to compare Vietnam with China again as your routine to make us look little and inferior to your nation. Sicken! It's so ridiculous to compare China with small nations like ours. To make China greater and you feel prouder of that? Why not to compare China with nations of the same size like the US? Scared to do so? I remember someone here ever said that his powerful China didn't bother to give a sh*t to compare with Asian neighboring nations as a way to boost up his nation image. He just cared to compete with the US or Russia. Hmm, you seem unlike to fit such traditions.

my "song" ... "my routine" ... to "make Vietnam look little and inferior"

that's HOW YOU take it, NOT how it was meant. You STILL DON'T get it ... I said the only reason I brought up China was to attack THAT PUNK, NOT so much to "make Vietnam look bad" ... but since he offended China, and "wanted to brag" about Vietnam ... I wanted to shut him up

Reread his first post here:

"wow, what asian are you? i must be damned to know that such a narrow-minded like you still exists in this world. Here i comes , i'm a vnmese and what you say made me laugh so hard... "the only thing they are well-known for is Pho" -lmao, even i don't give a damn wanting to eat this....the culture is not popular? i guess you're some indo and flipino and maybe some chinese lol who doesn't care since living already bothers them that much mind energy, who doesn't give a sh*t about vn's culture, even us don't give a sh*t about you. Japanese are friends of us, we have been through hard times in the past till now, we have exchanging culture program, many japanese live in some specific district in vn. Korean doesn't have anything to do with us though some of our ancestors were in korea. Their media has become a big problem for jap and vn and china...Vn is in SEA but our culture is East Asia, we have many friends around SCEA during the time of war so no point in not joining them. China was our enemy most of the times , korea and jap are US allied, we can't join them thus we just had a war with US. Go to the West side of US where vnmese are popular and you will know about us dumb*ss or visit our country. We're friendly at heart, you want to be enemy we're not so afraid. Let you know that not many country in the times is a friend of Soviet union or had influences on their system, Soviet union (russia) knows us well and they don't that many friends ..if it wasn't for our great president , China communist couldn't get help from Soviet to establish their early gorvement."

Can you see anywhere he claimed Vietnam cultures had more influence on Japan than China's? No. There's NO such comparisons and it's simply a pressing expression about his confirmation for a recognition of our cultures. Did he overreact? Maybe. But it's your fault to trigger it by underrating our cultures.

I never said anything about China's influence on Japan. Also, before this thread even existed ... no one has ever said anything about Viet influence on Japanese

But anyway, I then can't understand why you think this question is related to how big Vietnamese cultures have influence on Japanese, causing an insecure feeling to you that someone wants to brag about Vietnam culture's strong effects on East Asians. Was that what you felt when posting your first comment here? It's unbelievable!

AGAIN, before this thread ever existed ... no one has ever said anything about Viet influence on Japanese ... so how the f*ck am I supposed to think there ever has been???
Whether here or anywhere else outside

Pointing out negative points of China is attacking China?

and if someone says anything "negative" about Vietnam ... is that neccessarily "attacking" Vietnam?

Hmm, if that's what you think... So, you like to hear nice praises about China only because "nothing stings like the truth"? You have a legion here to do that mission and it's not enough? C'mon, please give me a break! I feel like acting as a pessimistic critic more than a blind propagandist, lol!

I SAID I'm not here to make a mission out of it. BUT I GUESS YOU MISSED THAT ... you're being stupid and paranoid. What you are, is someone insecure and oversensitive
about any little thing said about Viets, and your response proves it. You think I said all that to "just make China look good" and "make a mission of it" ... that's NOT my intention

" acting as a pessimistic critic" ... that's your problem, instead of looking at objectively ... or perhaps even constructively (yeah, on how I criticize you)

#20 Anime_X

Anime_X

• Forum Crew
  • 3280 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:15 PM

Please address that proof! But remember it must be more accurate and justified than sources from the Wall Street Journal, Businessweek, Bloomberg, the Economist, New York Times.... because what I talk about China are all quoted from those sources. My work is nothing but as that of a quoter to copy and paste some paragraphs on reputable newspapers to readers here. And also, most of my recent opinions about China's current economic status indeed come from insightful articles by Patrick Chovanec on his blog. Let me introduce something about him to you.

Patrick Chovanec is an associate professor at Tsinghua University's School of Economics and Management in Beijing, China, where he teaches in the school's International MBA Program. His insights into Chinese business, economics, politics, and culture have been featured by international media including CNN, BBC, Time, Newsweek, Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, Bloomberg, New York Times, Washington Post, Forbes, Foreign Policy, The Atlantic, PBS, NPR, and Al Jazeera. He is a regular guest commentator on Chinese Central Television (CCTV-9) and China Radio International (CRI), and serves as Chairman of the Public Policy Development Committee for the American Chamber of Commerce in China.

Professor Chovanec has worked for several private equity funds focused on China, and continues to advise numerous fund managers, corporations, and governments. Previously, he served as director of Institutional Investor's Asia Pacific Institute, based in Hong Kong, and its Global Fixed Income Institute, based in London. Prior to that, Chovanec worked in Washington, DC, as an aide to political strategist William Kristol and to Speaker of the House John Boehner. He also served for nine years as an officer in the U.S. Army Reserves.

He first visited China in 1986, and has traveled to every one of its 31 provinces, as well as Taiwan. His travels have taken him to over 45 countries, including India, Pakistan, Russia, South Africa, Cuba, Vietnam, and Cambodia. He holds an BA in Economics from Princeton University and an MBA in Finance and Accounting from the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School, where he graduated as a Palmer Scholar. He is a U.S. Certified Public Accountant (CPA).

This is the address of his blog for you to take a look and know that I don't make up any false information about China as you thought.

http://chovanec.wordpress.com/

Of course, you have right to dismiss everything he addresses about China and say it's crap, but in my own opinion, his analysis has much credit and accuracy. I can't figure any reason why CCTV regularly invites a person just to talk crap about their country on television and radio like that.

P/S: if you fear to accept ugly truths, you can't grow up.

US sources should be avoided when you want an unbiased view of China. I've seen these "reputable" US sites and its packed full of biased topics towards China. Like an old "The Economist" article about about the future, they said that the US will make a very strong recovery this year and it was supose to be a good year for America and unemployment should drop a lot. Then they say that China can't maintain it's growth and that China will overheat from extremely high inflation. But now look at how accurate they were! China has managed to decrease inflation by 0.3% and America now is in a deep financial crisis with unemployment stuck at 9% and little growth in their economy. Did they ever mention Americas huge national debt crisis? Most probably not. But then they don't mind publishing scare stories about China or play on possible short comings of China

In european media we don't have soo much negative reporting on China because we don't see China as a threat to us unlike America. Also for that Professor who teaches in China, he doesn't know enough about Europe in order to make assumptions.

I do see and admit to China's failings like human rights issues, heavy handed approach to land disputes, not taking criticism well from other Governments, corruption issues. But you label China a bad country as a result of it but you don't label other countries with the same issues as China as being bad. India has corruption issues, human rights issues but you never label them as a bad country. I can see the good and the bad in China and it's not as bad or as gloomy as US sources makes it out to be.

How often do you see US sources mention the good in China? Hardly ever, its rare. They love to focus on the negative. But on US sites, they always post articles putting the US in a good light and how their economy will pull through this crisis strongly. It's totally biased. I avoid US sources because I prefer more impartial sources.

Also Im not blinded by national pride, I do see the negative in China as mentioned before but I also see the good too. You don't see the good in China, only the bad, so that does make your views on China biased. The only good thing about China as you said in my profile comment is that sometimes the Chinese people protest against their governmet. Is that really the only good thing about China that you can think of?

#21 Guest_Gabriel'_*

Guest_Gabriel'_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:47 PM

my "song" ... "my routine" ... to "make Vietnam look little and inferior". You think I said all that to "just make China look good" and "make a mission of it" ... that's NOT my intention

I don't say it's your intention to compare Vietnam with China to make our nation look little and inferior to your country, but your ACTION to do that right here:

I doubt there are MANY Japs living in Vietnam. Obviously they must be a minority, heck I'm sure there are more Chinese living there

Heck, it would make MORE SENSE to go to China, where there's a larger economy, so much business and therefore possibly alot more opportunity certainly NOT AS MUCH on a larger scale, compared to East Asia

EVERYONE knows Vietnam and Viet culture is NOT AS popular or well known on a larger scale compared to other East Asian nations and cultures

When people want Asian food ... theyr'e more often going to Chinese restaurants. How many Viet celebs can you name, compared to Chinese??? And China has already made "a name for themselves" in some ways, compared to Vietnam

The OP just simply asked about Japanese's attitude towards to Vietnamese, Gearofwar overacted to your first post, but he didn't compare Vietnam's culture influence on Japan with China's. It's YOU, and only YOU who began to compare this and that. And now you denied your above action. It's so embarrassiing for you! Let me ask, whether or not Japanese hate Vietnamese is related to your bragging about China above? Who is insecure here to non-stop mentioning China in the thread just about Japanese and Vietnamese? Lamely-made excuse!

US sources should be avoided when you want an unbiased view of China. I've seen these "reputable" US sites and its packed full of biased topics towards China. Like an old "The Economist" article about about the futureâ¦

The Economist is an UK or American magazine? So, which source do you think expose accurate and justified information about China? National Bureau of Statistics of China (NBSC)?

Then they say that China can't maintain it's growth and that China will overheat from extremely high inflation. But now look at how accurate they were! China has managed to decrease inflation by 0.3%...

Is that released from the National Statistics Bureau of China on September 9, right? Do you want to know what Chinese people think about statistics reported by this agency?

... "Non-food price inflation is underestimated, not because of the weighting, but because actual prices are not being reflected in the CPI (consumer price index) itself," said Jinny Yan, an economist with Standard Chartered Bank in Shanghai.

According to the official data, annual consumer prices rose 4.9 percent in January. Economists polled by Reuters had expected 5.3 percent. For ordinary Chinese, something smelled fishy.

"Why did the government make the adjustment this particular month?" asked Vera Yuan, 29, an advertising designer in Shanghai. "Are they trying to shift public attention from high inflation?"

Every five years, the National Bureau of Statistics conducts a major revision of the way it measures inflation. What was concerning were its methods. Analysts worried that the agency had fallen behind the curve in the fast-growing Chinese economy and was resistant to subjecting its techniques to the sort of scrutiny that would bring about improvements.

"It is how they sample the data and do the statistics," said Wei Yao, an economist with Societe Generale in Hong Kong.

By placing extra emphasis on housing, the CPI basket now gives prominence to a deeply flawed set of price data that economists say will make reported inflation too low.
(Reuters)

But you label China a bad country as a result of it but you don't label other countries with the same issues as China as being bad. India has corruption issues, human rights issues but you never label them as a bad country. You don't see the good in China, only the bad, so that does make your views on China biased.

Are you lecturing me how to properly post on this forum? I don't say anything good about China, and that's why my opinions are biased against China? Let me ask, information I post about China's drawbacks is true or false? As given the situation when China Aviation Industry Corporation (AVIC) head Lin Zuoming admitted China's weakness to produce modern jet engines, it's my fault because I posted the harsh truth here? You just need to confirm me that information is wrong or right?

I never say I know NOTHING about China's good points, but it's just NOT my preference to post here while there are a legion of pro-China members extolling China's achievements daily. What I prefer is to stand on the opposite side and create a balance in argumentation. If you want to see everyone has the same voice, sings the same song to appraise China all the times, go to Chinese Chat in AsiaFinest forum. I assure you're satisfied to visit there and just read nice, sweet compliments about China.

And if you don't want to read my criticism against China's bad points, you have two options: ignore my posts or go to the AF Reporting Center. It's not far away from Culture Shock, just some steps. Besides those choices, nothing you can do is to stop me. If I still post on this forum, I'll keep on my old, unchanged style. Make your mind and don't waste my time and yours to argue such nonsense off-topic matters in this thread!

Edited by Gabriel., 08 April 2012 - 10:26 AM.

#22 Anime_X

Anime_X

• Forum Crew
  • 3280 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:50 PM

The Economist is a US publication. It's biased against China, an example of this is in their Asia section, their article about China and Libya. They mention that China's links with Gadaffi and not recognising the new government in Libya will turn the new government against China. But they fail to mention that the new Libyan Government might have issues with America too, after all America sent CIA operatives to Libya to use the Gadaffi state run torture facilities to torture terror suspects and also America torturing a suspect that ends up leading the rebel forces in Tripoli. An example of their biased nature in their topics about China.

For impartial news, maybe go to BBC sources. But Im guessing you will go to BBC site and look up any posts that puts China in a bad light and then try to post it here to try to prove to me that China has no redeeming features.

I will ignore the parts where you mentioned about the way you think China fiddles with their stats to get a favourable result because I dont want to get into a debate about how China does or doesnt operate.

You want to know some good points about China, try reading this article. Its an article about how China helped the world out of the recession, the article is from the IMF (International Monetary Fund) official website: IMF

There is a lot of good in China as well as bad. Just you refuse to see the good in China, only the bad. You are clearly biased towards China because the last comment you made to me is that the only redeeming feature about China that you can think of is that sometimes the Chinese people protest against their government. You never mentioned all of the other good points like China's huge consumer market that's helping increase profits for many western companies. Porsche opened a new factory just to deal with the new demand for their cars after they entered China. That for me is a good point about China.

If you just provide another side to the topics about China, why didn't you go into the old Black woman topic to support the black side of the debate when lots of AF people were on the other side? Or do you jsut do that when it comes to China? In topics about India, you never post there about India's problems that are the same as Chinas.

In my opinion you are on a crusade against China in AF because you even mention in SomeAsianDudes profile that you want to burst peoples bubble about any good thoughts they have on China. Also with Goldencarps posts here, you said you didnt care about him mentioning good or bad stuff about Vietnam but when he mentions China (especially China compared to Vietnam) you suddenly took a lot of interest and had to post.

With all of that research that you do on China in order to attack China with in AF, you must have seen a lot of topics showing the good points about China. The problem is you are completely one sided when it comes to China. When have you made any positive posts about China?

I am not a Chinese nationlist like Redding, I only defended China in here when I thought your biased posts made against China was unfair and uncalled for. I like to help out people or nations that I think are being unfairly treated.

Edited by Anime_X, 25 September 2011 - 08:00 PM.

#23 Goldencarp

Goldencarp

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3297 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 09:25 PM

The OP just simply asked about Japanese's attitude towards to Vietnamese, Gearofwar overacted to your first post, but he didn't compare Vietnam's culture influence on Japan with China's. It's YOU, and only YOU who began to compare this and that. And now you denied your above action. It's so embarrassiing for you! Let me ask, whether or not Japanese hate Vietnamese is related to your bragging about China above? Who is insecure here to non-stop mentioning China in the thread just about Japanese and Vietnamese? Lamely-made excuse!

He "dissed" China, so I "dissed" him back. But you just seem to excuse or ignore the fact he did it.

I've already explained it before ... I'm not going to repeat myself again. Stop playing "pick and choose" and READ what I say

The Economist is an UK or American magazine? So, which source do you think expose accurate and justified information about China? National Bureau of Statistics of China (NBSC)?

Is that released from the National Statistics Bureau of China on September 9, right? Do you want to know what Chinese people think about statistics reported by this agency?

... "Non-food price inflation is underestimated, not because of the weighting, but because actual prices are not being reflected in the CPI (consumer price index) itself," said Jinny Yan, an economist with Standard Chartered Bank in Shanghai.

According to the official data, annual consumer prices rose 4.9 percent in January. Economists polled by Reuters had expected 5.3 percent. For ordinary Chinese, something smelled fishy.

"Why did the government make the adjustment this particular month?" asked Vera Yuan, 29, an advertising designer in Shanghai. "Are they trying to shift public attention from high inflation?"

Every five years, the National Bureau of Statistics conducts a major revision of the way it measures inflation. What was concerning were its methods. Analysts worried that the agency had fallen behind the curve in the fast-growing Chinese economy and was resistant to subjecting its techniques to the sort of scrutiny that would bring about improvements.

"It is how they sample the data and do the statistics," said Wei Yao, an economist with Societe Generale in Hong Kong.

By placing extra emphasis on housing, the CPI basket now gives prominence to a deeply flawed set of price data that economists say will make reported inflation too low.
(Reuters)

I didn't say anything about your sources

I don't say anything good about China, and that's why my opinions are biased against China?

No, because you said it yourself, sometime ... I'm pretty sure it was posted on someone's wall sometime ago (maybe Anime's, or my wall), and probably said it again sometime in one, or more, messages, to me sometime ago (if I recall correctly) ... and apart from that, that's how you make it LOOK. Even Anime thinks so.

I didn't want to have to say that ... but since you brought it up ...

If you want to see everyone has the same voice, sings the same song to appraise China all the times, go to Chinese Chat in AsiaFinest forum. I assure you're satisfied to visit there and just read nice, sweet compliments about China.

I don't even go there

Look back at the OP. Nowhere does it say anything about China ... NOR about economy, politics or military. Okay, maybe I got a little off topic on my posts towards him ... but you're also off topic, bringing up more about China. I'm not. Now stop wasting our time.

Edited by Goldencarp, 25 September 2011 - 09:28 PM.

#24 Shun Takashi

Shun Takashi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 02:27 PM

is this turning in to debate? shouldn't this be in war of the words then?

cause culture shock should point out there should no single sides. that is why its culture shock.
so at a point parties agree to the thread source.

#25 Tokyokirei

Tokyokirei

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:20 PM

There are a lot of foreign students at my university, a lot of whom are Japanese and Korean, and they seem to be cool hanging out with me, even though they know I'm Viet. They invite me to their parties and outings and such, so I assume they're cool with me, lol. In general, I don't think they specifically like or dislike us. I think if you're nice to them, they'll be nice back. That's generally how it works in society anyways, lol.

And as yoshi-k already pointed out, a lot of them don't meet us on a daily basis, so most of them don't know what to think about us. Most Viets either stay in Vietnam or live in the U.S. There's hardly any that live in countries like Japan (at least compared to the amount that live in the U.S.) so most Japanese don't have a chance to interact with us unless they, themselves, come to Vietnam or the U.S.

In the end though, if you want people to like you, just be polite and friendly Posted Image That usually goes a long way. My boyfriend's family (who are Japanese) have no problems with me since I generally like to be nice to them and to everyone I know Posted Image

Edited by Autumn Leaves, 25 May 2012 - 07:24 PM.

#26 sentinel

sentinel

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:14 AM

Please do not pay attention to idiots like gearofwar. He is not the first and won't be the last you hear from because unfortunately, there are many Viets like him who are uneducated, shallow-minded and emotional. I am Viet and I am ashamed to say. It's that mentality and numerous other rather unsavory traits that keep Viet people from realizing their full potentials like those in other more advanced societies. There is a reason a third-world country be what it is. I am just saying.

#27 ~ ♥ Malec ~

~ ♥ Malec ~

..::♥ Cutie ♥::..

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12600 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:30 AM

Japanese old prime minister once said that Japan respect Vietnam like China and Korea because they are the only four countries that use chopsticks. This quote is used in many official documents.of both. From the culture, both share some similarities and interests. From economy, both are collaborating. Unlike the Korean projects, the Japanese ones concern on development of Vietnam more. Working with Japanese is kind of pleasure. Japanese like the Vietnamese employees than Chinese, it can be told.

#28 cyprus

cyprus

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:11 AM

You can't say that loud enough. I've encountered Vietnamese like gearofwar on YouTube. My gosh is their mouth dirty and they never give any intelligent comments, only swear words. Some Vietnamese are really crass and yes, that's part of the reason Vietnam is still a dirt poor country.

If being crass can be a factor on a country's economic performance than America would be the poorest.There are many reasons why Vietnam is still develping,(ex.US trade embargo,mulitple wars in the span of 50 years,communism,corruption,etc.) but being crass isn't one of them.

Also,just because there are a few people that makes unwise comments doesn't mean one have to be ashamed of them or that they represent the entire race/ethnic group.You know how many blondes make dumb comments?How many crazy shows like Honey Boo Boo,Jersey Shore,Teen mom there are? Or how many white men are child molesters? Are white people ashamed of that or embarrassed?Do they constantly ask what other race thinks of them? No. It's good to be mindful of how one's particular group is portrayed or acts,but don't feel ashamed/embarrassed just because of a few bad apples.You are you ,and they are they.Who cares what other ethnic/race group thinks of one another.

There are a lot of things to be proud of Vietnam or being Vietnamese.Far less nations/societies/civilizations have gone through(much less withstand) what Vienam/Vietnamese has gone through, and not only survives, but thrives . So enough of all of these insecure topics...we can all benefit from discussing other matters.

#29 ~ ♥ Malec ~

~ ♥ Malec ~

..::♥ Cutie ♥::..

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12600 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:45 AM

You can't say that loud enough. I've encountered Vietnamese like gearofwar on YouTube. My gosh is their mouth dirty and they never give any intelligent comments, only swear words. Some Vietnamese are really crass and yes, that's part of the reason Vietnam is still a dirt poor country.

Firstly, Vietnam isn't dirt poor at all. Of course, it isn't as rich as the developed countries but most of its citizens are having good life with enough money.

Secondly, there are ppl from other countries are having dirty mouths on youtube everyday and they dun represent for their country's intelligence. Don't say like only Vietnamese swear. How many Vietnamese do you meet? If your world is too small, only in youtube, you seriously need to expand it.

Edited by Angie May, 29 December 2012 - 09:46 AM.

#30 Ejay

Ejay

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:07 PM

found this kind of ironic

vietnamese absolutely love japan but mostly marry out to korean men

filipinos absolutely love korea but mostly marry out to japanese men

#31 SassyViet

SassyViet

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:59 AM

Never paid attention to Chinese pop (or K pop or J pop) for that matter.

And Vietnamese pop would do much better to develop their unique style than copy those copycat pops anyway. VN is not short in style and good taste, it's just the country has been suffering from many political hence economic setbacks that their entertainment industry at the current time is not that widespread. Of course I grew up in the US and I'm out of touch with it.

#32 Ejay

Ejay

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:00 AM

Never paid attention to Chinese pop (or K pop or J pop) for that matter.

And Vietnamese pop would do much better to develop their unique style than copy those copycat pops anyway. VN is not short in style and good taste, it's just the country has been suffering from many political hence economic setbacks that their entertainment industry at the current time is not that widespread. Of course I grew up in the US and I'm out of touch with it.

lol china has 3 copycat groups of a specific korean 9 member girl group

Edited by Ejay, 20 April 2013 - 05:00 AM.

#33 ayachyan

ayachyan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:34 AM

nothing more but a bit of curiosity japanese have when mention vietnam in a free chat
even your neighbor chinese doesn't have any idea of vietnamn
this might disrespect you
but i want you know that EA countries (korea japan china ) are so realistic that they only pay attention to whom is stronger
vitenam is small and poor when compare to those EA countries
i wonder how much person in EA be able to to figure out in which part of the earth the vietnam is really at
i know most of the vietnamese don't chinese in every forum
i also can tell you the majority of chinese people don't like vietnam too
when they meet each other a quarrel can't be avoided
honestly
learn japanese and try to make friend with japanese people
don't you stupid idea of viet and jap are friendly state
friend on national level doesn't mean you can make friend with japanese person easily
BTW
even chinese and viet don't like each other but frequently trade still happen between them

lol china has 3 copycat groups of a specific korean 9 member girl group

why did you mention china here?
china copyies korea is nothing to do with vietnam copies china ,right?
china never tell you to copy this

Firstly, Vietnam isn't dirt poor at all. Of course, it isn't as rich as the developed countries but most of its citizens are having good life with enough money.

Secondly, there are ppl from other countries are having dirty mouths on youtube everyday and they dun represent for their country's intelligence. Don't say like only Vietnamese swear. How many Vietnamese do you meet? If your world is too small, only in youtube, you seriously need to expand it.

i know many vietnamese due to my job
and they are ordinary people you could find on the street in every countries when taking no account of the aspect of culture ,tradition,national property.
in my opinion all people from all countries are all the same
but i don't think the opposite are thinking like this

#34 Ejay

Ejay

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:40 AM

nothing more but a bit of curiosity japanese have when mention vietnam in a free chat
even your neighbor chinese doesn't have any idea of vietnamn
this might disrespect you
but i want you know that EA countries (korea japan china ) are so realistic that they only pay attention to whom is stronger
vitenam is small and poor when compare to those EA countries
i wonder how much person in EA be able to to figure out in which part of the earth the vietnam is really at
i know most of the vietnamese don't chinese in every forum
i also can tell you the majority of chinese people don't like vietnam too
when they meet each other a quarrel can't be avoided
honestly
learn japanese and try to make friend with japanese people
don't you stupid idea of viet and jap are friendly state
friend on national level doesn't mean you can make friend with japanese person easily
BTW
even chinese and viet don't like each other but frequently trade still happen between them

why did you mention china here?
china copyies korea is nothing to do with vietnam copies china ,right?
china never tell you to copy this

i know many vietnamese due to my job
and they are ordinary people you could find on the street in every countries when taking no account of the aspect of culture ,tradition,national property.
in my opinion all people from all countries are all the same
but i don't think the opposite are thinking like this

I think nationalists only think about who is stronger.....viets are very known in korean media due to their large population in korea they make themselves known to the public...