582 replies to this topic

#521 rxm1

rxm1

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:42 AM

Thanks teratai for your help on the short translation.

Ep 6 BTS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZS7E4oH5pg&feature=feedu

ayako006r

I just LOVE LOVE seeing CR behind the scenes

#522 nnnn

nnnn

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:22 AM

Rainie doesn't mention anything about SA anywhere probably because she was instructed to do so. Her manager may be too careful and he wants Rainie to keep good relationship with the TV stations. Otherwise, Rainie would mention about SA. With Rainie's personality, she would mention her recent works for sure and all the actor/actress would do the same. She and Show are very good at marketing their works every where and whenever they have chances. So this time, must be for politic reasons.

We can just enjoy the TV series then. I'm glad there are still more than 8eps? Not sure what I would watch after this.

#523 stephluvvsyou

stephluvvsyou

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:04 AM

Hello to all SA-goers! :)

Sadly, I don't have any updates with this post this time...as I am still waiting patiently for the ratings to be posted for episode 5 still. However, tomorrow I will be getting to watch episode 6! So I'm sure I will immediately have to come here and share my thoughts of the episode. For now...I will give out some responses...

nnnn Chun is very dedicated to this drama. I think it's nice that even though he is so highly busy, he will definately do more to promote this drama. Think its great he will make room in his schedule to promote in Singapore - and also very happy it will show there. I too am hoping that it does well there. Also agree with you that there are too many TW dramas that get so low of ratings, even when they can be so great. It can be a frustrating thought, but must remember that SA hasn't been the only drama to be underrated thus far. However, as there are still many episodes left, I'm still in high hopes that the fans can push those ratings higher. Maybe soon we will see SA also take the #1 spot in TW as it did in China!

canadiangirl I am very happy to bring the updates here :) Hopefully we can see those TW ratings go higher soon. I also think it's great that even though things seemed initially bad for this show in China, it still managed to be in first place while it aired!

rxm1 Thank you for continuing to update us with BTS and videos of Chun/Rainie. I too enjoy watching them together - they really are too great!

teratai Welcome into the discussion and many thanks to you for translating that for all of us. :) This dialogue is really funny! I hope maybe you will talk some more with us soon!

nadine Welcome back to the thread! ^.^ Happy to see you here! So you too have fallen victim and be sucked into the shows charms... There are some scenes that I also dread to see...because I know for good things to happen with these characters, there must also be some tragedy or painful of some kind. *sigh* But it's okay, we can get through this together! Hope you will keep joining into the discussions! :)

This is all for now SA-goers. Hopefully those ratings can get updated soon. Also will speak with you all soon my thoughts of episode 6! Have a good night everyone! :)

#524 stephluvvsyou

stephluvvsyou

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:40 PM

Hello today to all SA-goers!

Wow...this thread has just completely died over the past couple of days... But also, even I have not had much to do because there has not been much as far as updates with the drama lately. While episode 6 is released, it is not yet fully subbed still. It has been so hard for me to resist watching it anyway, but then, what's the point if I don't understand? So, still don't have any opinions of the episode yet...*sigh* Anyways, stopping by with a piece of disappointing news...

Date 1 September 2011 -- Episode 5 -- Ratings 0.53 -- Rank 2

Source credit is here.

These were the ratings for episode 5 on TTV. I'm so sad!! It went from a much higher rating of 0.84, all the way down to this?? I know that alot of people have already viewed this show from Hunan and web. But I still don't understand where the support for this show is at?? Of course, it is nice that despite the extreme drop, that it still remains as rank 2. Well... it's best not to be too discouraged, we just must continue to hope for the best! Even though the circumstances have not been good for the show, I still have hope and faith that it will climb back up again in ratings and rank and popularity! Jia you to Chun and Rainie, and jia you to the SA-goers to keep this thread and show alive!!! We can do it!

Now to change the subject...Chun has attended today for the SA promotion of Singapore. I know that there is some information on this posted in Chun's thread, so I will have hopes to bring any information on it, over here as well to share with SA fans also. :) I will put in a request in the thread shortly, so hopefully there will be more updates for this thread later on.

Let's keep the faith for SA in Taiwan and in Singapore!

I will see SA-goers later! :) Have a good afternoon!

Edited by stephluvvsyou, 11 September 2011 - 10:43 PM.

#525 nadine

nadine

love ya!!!!

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7823 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:58 PM

are ratings really that important to u all?
for me
one and foremost enjoying the show is my first and main priority
ratings never seems to fazed me
yeah it getting a good rating would be a plus point
but if it didnt get any
it didnt change my view about the drama at all
isnt it?
after all ratings are just numbers
hahaha
  • locoshinta likes this

#526 stephluvvsyou

stephluvvsyou

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 01:18 AM

Hi nadine! Nice to see you here! Well, firstly, I do agree with you - it is really mainly important, the enjoyment you can get out of the show. Even if ratings aren't high, doesn't mean the show is bad, or that it will make me or any other viewers for that matter enjoy it any less. To me I think though, the importance also of ratings, is it mainly shows support. That's why I would like to see the show have successful ratings. I don't know about Taiwan, but here in US, people are very highly critical in the entertainment world. Alot of people will base their decisions on whether or not to watch a show, simply by whether or not ratings are high. Also, for entertainment companies and broadcasting stations, if the show they are currently airing does not have high ratings, they run the risk of being cancelled only halfway through a season or after only 1 season. I know there is big differences though between the two. But you are right and have very valid point from your side - it is true that as long as the show is enjoyed, it will gain support anyways. :)

To everyone! - I will hopefully also have some more things to post this evening about Chun's promotional activities for Sunshine Angel in Singapore, so hope to see you all here!! :) Until then, SA-goers I hope have a good evening!

#527 teratai

teratai

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1054 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:44 AM

Even if ratings aren't high, doesn't mean the show is bad, or that it will make me or any other viewers for that matter enjoy it any less. To me I think though, the importance also of ratings, is it mainly shows support. That's why I would like to see the show have successful ratings. :)

@ stephluvvsyou, don't be sad. Preference for a show is such a personal thing. If you like it, you like it. And if you don't, you don't.

I was in the same spot as you. I simply love the Korean series, 'Lie to Me'. No one else seemed to at this website. In the end, it was me and me alone posting at the LTM thread. It'd be nice to bounce ideas off others, but even when no one else was interested I continued to post. I did visit a few other sites and found like-minded fans, though, and am still having a ball of a time discussing LTM with them. BTW, ratings for LTM bombed big time in Korea, too. Doesn't matter to me, I still go ga ga over it.

So, take heart, keep going and looking. You might come across fellow SA fans somewhere soon. All the best!

#528 nadine

nadine

love ya!!!!

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7823 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:31 PM

stephluvvsyou hope u dont get offended by what i wrote
but yeah i see what u mean
most of my fav USA series got cancelled cause of it didnt attracts the ratings
it is sad
i am the same boat with u
i just hope all people got to enjoy the dramas without thinking much of the numbers
that's all
hahaha

:hug

#529 stephluvvsyou

stephluvvsyou

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 01:52 AM

Greetings to all SA-goers!! :) Hope you are all having a great day today!

Tonight I will finally be able to watch SA episode 6 (took me long enough), *sigh*, so I will come back with my thoughts of this..

Also some replies..

teratai - Hello and greetings to you!! :) Thank you for your kind words and encouragment!! I appreciate you sharing your similar experience also with me. I think that, hopefully, more people will come here in the coming days. Maybe its because the best parts of the show are still yet to come! Glad that you found some fans to share your love of LTM with. Everybody does have their own likes and dislikes. This cannot be changed! I hope no one here feels like I'm trying to force them to like SA. It's not that I want them to like something if they don't, but rather if they do like it, maybe just to jia you to encourage it. :)

nadine - I was not offended at all. It's okay :) I am glad you can share your opinion of it with me. I think it is sad shows must work so hard for ratings. But for some shows, it's crucial, almost deadly to get the numbers. Of course it doesn't change the opinions of those who love the shows. Anyway, I think it is different for TW dramas. They don't have multiple seasons, so they don't run the risk of being cancelled in this way. Like I told teratai, I don't want it to feel like I'm trying to force people to love the show. But if people do love, just want to keep them excited and supportive about it. :)

Anyways, SA-goers, I will return a little later to share episode 6 thoughts! Talk to you all then! Have a good evening!

#530 nnnn

nnnn

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:52 AM

I don't know that USA has the ratings too. I think US is pretty good at changing the TV series but US TV series or shows are more like open ending.

I completed SA ep 6. I found it is so so funny that TR failed to propose to YG with his theory about the baseball game and wanting a home, and then he said to himself that YG is an alien who doesn't understand what he meant. Who is on earth would understand what TR meant by that :loool: It is even funnier when he said he finally has to rely on the recorded tape in the ipad for the proposal and this time it is clear enough to not understand it. TR has a humor side too besides his arrogance.

I have not hate the villains in many TW dramas for so long but I really want to slap Geng Fei. The guy plays this role so hateful, his smile is so evil. Angela is also another devil under an angel face. I can't believe what would I do if I have such a daughter like her. It is true that all of them are kids that were born rich and don't know how to live their lives.

To Steph
Spoiler

I always wonder who is the guy holding Rainie at 4:16 in this video from fionarainie02. I thought he may be Zhang Jun Ning
who plays GF but he is not. Is the guy holding Rainie the one play TR's friend in SA?

Edited by nnnn, 13 September 2011 - 07:55 AM.

#531 nadine

nadine

love ya!!!!

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7823 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:22 PM

so let me get this straight
ep 6 equals to ep 10 in utube?
ah....
gosh i seriously didnt know about that
:STUPID

#532 stephluvvsyou

stephluvvsyou

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:10 AM

Greetings to all SA-Goers!! Hope everyone has had a good morning/day/night!

I have finally watched episode 6! I waited forever for Viki to finish subbing. Finally yesterday it is still only at 90% subs, but I could not wait any longer. But then...parts that seemed really important were the parts that had no subs, so then I went to search for Hunan cut versions on youtube to see if they had the scenes, and they did! Aiyo...took me so long, but so happy to have it viewed! I will share thoughts of this below here, but first want to do some replies.

nnnn - Hello :) First have to say thanks so much for sharing that video here in the thread! I had not seen it before it was so cute! Hopefully someone can give some translations on it. I think the guy holding Rainie is TR's friend, but not Geng Fei, it's the one with spiky hair lighter brown. I can't remember his name and now I feel bad for it. *sigh* In my defense though he hasn't been in the drama all that much as of now. Anyways, Haha! I was laughing so hard! It seems Chun had too much to drink! He was actually almost shouting at the camera alot! This was truly great. Thanks again for sharing! About the USA shows...yes, the ratings here have to be alot for shows to survive. Usually shows have more than one season - whereas almost every TW drama only has one - the shows here will go as long as they can go if the ratings stay high. If not it will result in them being cancelled, or taken off air. :/ If I had another chance to send Chun a tweet for you, I definately would. The one that I sent was to Channel U for him to read during the live chat...but, then my profile was set to private so don't think he could see it! But if he ever does chat again, I will send him a tweet for you. :) No problem!

nadine - I think that episode 10 on youtube is because it's the Hunan version? I'm not for sure actually...because if you've seen the end of the episodes don't match up either. The ones on Viki are the Taiwan version of the episodes, but I think all youtube has is Hunan version. But I could be wrong...I think this is why the episode count doesn't match.

Okay so! Now I will share thoughts on episode 6...

First I have to say that I really dread all the bad things about to happen with TR. Geng Fei and his father are truly evil! I think, sometimes I feel sorry for Geng Fei because it seems his father is really the bigger driving force behind it, and maybe sometimes it seems Geng Fei doesn't want to do it...but then this episode really made me frustrated because his intentions really are so bad! He and Angela deserve each other. Equally evil in so many ways! To be so decietful and harmful... Even with Geng Fei always feeling he has been in Ya Xin's shadow, and Angela being broken hearted because of what happened, doesn't mean they should drag him so low. I agree with nnnn, really just want to slap Geng Fei. Argh! But! However, there were also of course some very great things in this episode. But I can't believe a whole year went by since TR and YG have seen each other! I think it's so sweet that Ya Xin ended up getting his baseball team, like he talked about when he spent the day/night with Yang Guang. But to run into YG at the baseball game and she's competing against his team! Thought he would scold her for this, but he was so shocked that he finally could see her again! I wonder though if YG purposefully got a job in Shanghai and play the game with hopes to see TR... I think that even though she does not show it much, there is little bit of a crush she has on him. However, Ya Xin has moved so far beyond a crush. For all this entire year he has never forgotten her, and now he wants to marry her! I squeed majorly when I watched the scene of him in the video, because I was thinking, he's just going to confess his feelings. But then marraige!!! And, is that his mother's ring he wants her to wear???! Anyways, I also find it was cute and funny when Ya Xin kept calling Yang Guang and says first 'I'm behind you!' then during the second call says 'your father is behind you!' She looked both times! Also, this is something that probably doesn't stand out so well, but probably my favorite part is when Yang Guang picks up TR's call, and he gets upset and says she should answer his call in one ring! So great. Another good thing...is that Ya Xin has acquired ownership to YG grandmother's house! I think maybe...because of this he's saved YG's place of memories. It means alot... I really really love this show. I know that it's going to get rough to watch from now on, but, at least now TR has YG back at his side. I think he will definately be stronger to survive all the hardships because of this. He will end up living in Okinawa i bet with YG. Being around her is good for him. He's happy with her. He smiles and laughs alot. It's like what Eliz said - sometimes hardships are blessings in disguise. Even how mad I will be about Ya Xin being wronged so much, and how sad I will feel about him...I think this is his blessing in disguise. What doesn't kill you and destroy you, will only make you stronger. And with YG there, TR will come out in the end, and it will be amazing to see it happen.

Anyways, again, I have gotten carried away. But I'm so sorry I feel bad it took me so long to come and share my thoughts! Also, it is taking me forever to bring SA updates from Chun's thread over here, I'm sorry for this too! I am finding this past day has been hard for me to make time to spend at AF. I was neglecting my blog for several days, so had to do something over there today! Also, because I have a drama review to write in the next week, I must also wait to finish my SA episode 4 recap. So hopefully maybe I can get the review done ahead of schedule and then be able to get back to recaps soon! I will work hard to try and do this...

Okay so, now I will go visit Chun's thread, but was happy to stop by here today! Hope all SA-goers have a good day! :)

#533 nadine

nadine

love ya!!!!

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7823 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 03:23 PM

okay i know that utube one is hunan version but it is not the editted one like it is aired in hunan
the utube one should be the full version one based on what the uploader claim that is
hahaha

and it seems that ep 10 there is actually ep 7 for viki one
:)

yes i go check
hehehe

thanks anyway

#534 rxm1

rxm1

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:57 AM

Wheee! I've been waiting for another behind the scene clip all day. It's finally uploaded on youtube.

Episode 7 BTS

ayako00r

Hahaha Chun surprised Rainie with a cake and gave her the ring from the drama as his gift :pleh
Someone should really sub these clips ):

#535 WhiteBF

WhiteBF

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:29 PM

Ni hao Steph! Xie, xie ni for keeping up w/ this thread and sharing all your thoughts on SA episodes. Speaking of episode 10, Yaxin is obviously in love w/ YG and wants to propose to her. If I'm not correct, I think Yaxin is suppose to be more matured than YG, maybe 5+ yrs or older? So I'm not surprised that he had moved beyond from liking her to wanting to spend the rest of his life w/ her. Prior to the fast forward 1-yr in Shanghai, YG may have a crush/like him. She probably dismissed that feeling shortly after Angela's text about the engagement. It was adorable watching Yaxin trying record his proposal to YG on camera. Isn't it ironic that when they first met, Yaxin had no trouble telling YG off and now, he has trouble expressing his feelings ^_^* I also noticed that he hasn't really rise his voice at her as much and can tell his demeanor has changed. My favorite scene of ep. 10 would be when they were having lunch outdoor and YG repeatedly asked if they can sign the contract yet. Love his facial expression while explaining to YG that he wants a home to come home to and YG says she also wants a home too! The disappointment and frustration on his face when he figured that she didn't understand where he's getting at. The best is yet to come in the next episodes. With every tv series, there will always be some sort of hardship or downfall before true happiness arrive. This episode serve as the beginning of Yaxin's downfall and a reality check that Gengfe betrayed him. Angela not only manipulated her mom, but also Yaxin into giving her the secret to making Raquelle. What a evil witch she turns out to be, all b/c Yaxin rejected her. Let me stop here for now....

#536 rxm1

rxm1

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 07:13 PM

Order Sunshine Angel Photobook!
http://www.yesasia.c...-0-en/info.html

Sunshine Angel (Sunny Girl) Releases Picture Collection Book

The Taiwanese idol drama Sunshine Angel (Sunny Girl) is releasing a photo collection book for the fans of the TV series to purchase. The photo collection book is aptly named Sunshine Angel Photo Collection (阳光天使写真), and will be available from September 21st, 2011. Pre-order for the picture book starts now.

The Sunshine Angel Photo Collection book contains 156 full color pages. The presentation of the book is also different from previous TV drama series photo books. The book is designed and edited based on story plot from the early life of lead male and female casts, and proceed to the meeting of the two.

Features of Sunshine Angel Photo Collection book:

* Lead performance by Wu Chun, Rainie Yang, and Fahrenheit (飛輪海).
* The last idol which features all four Fahrenheit members before Wu Chun left the band.
* 160 pages and 175 photos to satisfy the collection desire of fans.
* The last long hair style of Rainie Yang before her transition.
* Exclusive still image collection of Wu Chun and Rainie Yang in ancient martial arts costume.
* Include styling of Fahrenheit members (Jiro, Aaron, Calvin Chen) in the drama.
* Use Western PUR packaging (with environment protection, high temperature resistance, not degumming, flat back) for the sake of fans collection, so that there won’t be pages the dropped off years later. And can browse more flatly. Use 120 pounds copper paper to ensure no color distortion.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

source: asian-drama.org
[/color][/font]

Edited by rxm1, 18 September 2011 - 07:13 PM.

#537 stephluvvsyou

stephluvvsyou

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:31 AM

Greetings SA-Goers!! Hope you all have had a good day/weekend!

WhiteBF - Hello! :) So glad you enjoy my episode rants and raves. :P I enjoyed what you said about it also! You know though you have made me curious...just how old are these characters suppose to be? How much older is Ya Xin than Yang Guang?? My curiosity has been sparked! :)

rxm1 - Thanks so much for sharing the BTS video and the information on the Sunshine Angel photobook!!

How many of the fans here will be ordering one?? :) *definately going to order one also*

So I have viewed episode 7 and will share my thoughts with everyone later! All I can say is ARGGGHHHHH!!!! I was so upset the entire time watching it! >_< Anyways, I have to go for now, hope you all have a great day!! :)

#538 rxm1

rxm1

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:07 AM

I'm debating if I should buy one :P it is Rainie's last time with long hair style and pairing up with Wu Chun, but I don't know if it's worth the money just for a photo book.

#539 nnnn

nnnn

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:40 AM

Ah talking about Aaron, wonder what his role would be in SA and how long he will appear.

There are so many cute moments between Rainie and Chun in ep 7 BTS. It seems they got so closed at one point :-)

About SA, there are too many scenes I like in ep7. It is so hurtful for TR when YG gave him the ring back while they walking on the street since she thought he lost the ring and she found it for him. How can she be so innocent even she doesn't mean it at all. The ring is on the table with the note so there must be a reason and she didn't ask but instead gave him back the ring, right at the time TR just lost everything. It is also painful for TR to let YG, the girl he loves, see him crying and see his down side.

OK, but I have hard time to distinguish Chun and TR or Rainie and YG. I miss them up. I should stop following the actors's news.

#540 rxm1

rxm1

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 03:34 AM

Some more bts with kissing scenes :iloveyou:

another bts with some similar clips

ayako00r

Edited by rxm1, 23 September 2011 - 08:33 AM.

#541 stephluvvsyou

stephluvvsyou

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 12:59 AM

Greeting to all SA-Goers! I feel like a stranger, no? ;(
Well, I have been very busy lately, but definately looking forward to having some time to catch up here soon with all of you. SA ep 8 is almost ready for watching on Viki...looking very forward to seeing it!

Also, who will be buying the SA photobook? Anyone? I feel the same as rxm1 - I would love to have this book. It's got FRH too, it just would be very nice to have, and seems like alot of pages. But...I still can't make up my mind yet if I'll order it...

Want to give many thanks to you, rxm1 for keeping on sharing the BTS videos of Chun and Rainie. I love the 2 of them together. They seem to have much fun! Haha I love when Chun reads the shirt 'how are you today!' :P

Also, nnnn - I too really am an anticipation for Ya Lun's arrival to the show. I can't wait to see him! And hopefully can see Jiro and Calvin at some point too...will be nice. :) As for what you say of episode 7...aiyo I was so frustrated during this episode. I just wanted Ya Xin to beat the living daylights out of Geng Fei. I think, his betrayel was so completely terrible. Can't believe he was really this cruel. I mean, I knew he was going to turn his back on TR, but, to see him be this ruthless. ARGH. So mad at him and his dad. Well...it can only be so bad for so long right? TR will take revenge before show's end. Can't wait to see this!!

Well, I guess this is all I have to say for now everyone! Hopefully can be around more often soon. I will start doing episode recaps again soon also! :) Can't wait to share.

Hope all SA-Goers have a good day!! And enjoy episode 8!!

#542 nnnn

nnnn

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 07:49 AM

I thought my post was uploaded yesterday but it is not.
I don't want to type a long post again.
In brief, I'm waiting for next ep. It is too bad that the eps on you tube is also behind Viki. Thanks to XCDemon for continuing to sub SA though. I want to meet YG, TR and the gangs again soon even I peak through the old eps once in a while.
Watching the BTS, I think Chun has fun in this filming, may be he gave a big contribution to SA so he was so excited. No one can beat Rainie's in funny faces so Chun can try but it is hard to do, like the cross eyes.

#543 WhiteBF

WhiteBF

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 05:10 PM

The BTS are quite funny and entertaining but too bad they are not english subbed. I can't believe how quiet its been in here. I'm really surprised that not much fan subbing are picking this series up. The only one I know that is subbing is the one on youtube & vikkii. I really can't stand to watch YG's parent but its grrrrh me :( Why are they so mean to TR when the man is already down and out. It's not like he mistreated them when he was still rich. Anyways, enough of my blah, blah, blah. Inviting whoever wants to join in this series discussion!

#544 nnnn

nnnn

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 12:42 AM

I observed the same thing, no one do the eng sub for BTS and other news about SA. But I also noticed the only celebrity who has eng sub for many videos clips him is Show. Rainie and other artists have few to none eng sub for their video clips since I guess most of the fans can understand Mandarin and not many fans know how to translate and insert the sub.

Actually, I don't hate YG's parents. There are too many parents just like them. I don't understand much what YG's parent did to TR in the ep9 but YG's parent even put their own daughter and their own mom to the hard situation, they would not care about TR. They are just bad "kids" that GY has to take care after. I guess the dad taught TR something in ep9 that may help him to live new life (??)

Did everyone finish ep9 yet? I watched it with partial eng sub and still waiting for full eng sub. But I cried watching this ep even I don't understand everything. Now, I think it is true that sometimes we don't need to understand the language to love or to feel.

It is so cute at the scene where YG kept hitting TR while crying then TR pulled her over and held her tight. I vote for that moment is one of the best moments.

I like another scene where TR said when YG sees the boy statue, she should think of him but YG keeps saying she will think of either the boy in the computer or the boy statue. You watch the SA ep9 then you know what I meant.

Consider this as spoiler --- BTW, how do I snapshot a scene from the Video clips on youtube or viki. I want to snapshot the scenes that I like from SA to share here. Thanks.

If talking about invitation more friends to come to this thread, we can invite anyone visit this thread to post something.
Please don't hesitate to post something, no matter how good or not good you can write in English or express your opinions. No big deal. We all will understand it. This is a fun place and not an exam place :) Nothing needs to be correct.

#545 rxm1

rxm1

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 06:12 AM

ayako00r

loving their interaction on screen and especially off-screen as you can see in the behind the scenes! Flirty flirtyyyy haha

#546 nnnn

nnnn

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 04:15 AM

I agreed. Even most of the time, they both don't stand so close to each other but I can see they are flirting :-)
The supporting pair is cute offscreen too, they really did a good job in playing a mean pair onscreen.
But why Chun bent Rainie's legs, are they playing a game?

#547 nnnn

nnnn

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 05:14 AM

The more I watch SA, the more I found many scenes in SA can be found in one other drama while SA is done filming before that drama. Do you find scenes in that one drama are similar to the attached pics from SA.

People said great minds have the same thoughts so they must be just good coincidences. Will post more scenes to see if you can find the similarities.

Male character presses female character against the wall.
Posted Image

Female character kneels to beg for forgiveness.
Posted Image

Female character searches or picks things in the water.
Posted Image

Edited by nnnn, 03 October 2011 - 06:03 AM.

#548 nnnn

nnnn

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:55 AM

OK, the fun is continued. Here are more scenes from SA that "one" other drama has similar scenes. Let's guess which one is that "one" drama.

The 2 main characters sat on the sand after playing together on the beach.
Posted Image

The main male character fight against bad guys or gangsters.
Posted Image

I can't capture the nice pic of Chun, sorry....

#549 rxm1

rxm1

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:21 AM

I'm eager to find out what this similar drama is... I really have no clue >____< So the drama was filmed after SA?

btw, does anyone know the title of this song? Pretty sure it's sang by Nylon Chen (:

Starts at 15:05

#550 rxm1

rxm1

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 04:03 AM

Love, love, love this one too! They're kinky flirty hahaha watch around 9:10

#551 redsketches

redsketches

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:11 PM

Hi! New to this forum :blush i started watching Sunshine Angel just a few weeks ago on my local (Singapore) TV channel and i kinda enjoy it pretty much! :thumbsup Heh. Would just like to ask.. if anyone knows where i can go to to watch or download HQ/HD Taiwan Version/Full, Uncut episodes of this drama? Been googling for quite some time but i only managed to find episodes on ViKi (which are quite, but not very clear and are kinda "small" too - can't view in full screen).. :crying:

Would greatly appreciate it if anyone can provide me with some information! I don't need to watch the vids with subs as i can understand mandarin. As long as they are full-screen and in HQ/HD.. Thank you so much in advance! :hug

#552 nnnn

nnnn

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:11 AM

I'm eager to find out what this similar drama is... I really have no clue >____< So the drama was filmed after SA?

rxm1, it is DTLY. Did you watch it? Ok, I don't mean anything but I can't stop relate the 2 dramas since they have similar scenes/events, such coincidents or the scenes are so common in any love stories or it is just me or the 2 directors try to compete each other - just a funny thought.

The introduction/opening uses cartoon.
YG&TR are playing at the beach and sit on the shore --- XR and JX are playing at the beach with the kids then they sit on the shore
YG is searching for TR ring in the pond --- XR is picking up her air ticket in the fountain.
YG kneels down to beg for that evil guy to not press charge on TR --- XR kneels down to her manager
TR has a fight with gangsters -- JX has fight with gangsters at the end of the TV series
TR pressed YG against the truck -- JX pressed XR against the wall
YG stops TR from talking by kiss him in the church ( I saw it in a review) -- XR stops JX from talking by lip kissing him in the hospital
Not even mention YG is leaving to somewhere and TR runs after her ( at the bus station? - saw in the review) -- XR is leaving and JX chases after her at the airport.
May be Aaron will play the role that Xiao Gui plays as young childhood friend in DTLY ( not sure)
You can find more, I have not watch the whole SA yet.

About other links to SA. Is Fiona's channel on youtube is good enough?

I just finish the latest ep on viki, it is sad, sad, sad.

Chun still looks so classy even he dresses down. I think Rainie's make up is not good in SA, her eyes seems to be small or she worked too much, but she is always cute and charming. What are they talking in the BTS, can someone give us just the short summary (hehe)

#553 rxm1

rxm1

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:02 PM

rxm1, it is DTLY. Did you watch it?

About other links to SA. Is Fiona's channel on youtube is good enough?

Yeah, I did watch DTLY. Heehee, I see the similarities now! ;D
The one on her channel is from Hunan TV (ie the orange logo on the top left corner) So it's not complete >__<
I've watched that version and it felt so choppy.. So just going to trust the viki/mysoju one

Here's aaeghiioouvychannel youtube channel that is complete. Subbing on her own, a bit slow but the BTS are being subbed. SO SUBSCRIBE!!

Here's the latest subbed BTS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZRL3nR163Y&feature=channel_video_title

#554 nnnn

nnnn

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:32 AM

Sweet! Thanks for the link rxm1. Canadiangirl, where are you. There are sub for BTS.
Wow, the fans are so loyal and how can they know the filming sites.
Now, I can see Rainie and Chun are so friendly during filming. Basically, many actors are friendly to each other. And Chun, don't know that he is actually very talkative and very naughty, wishing raining so they can take day off, just like me.
I want a tour in Brunei though.

#555 canadiangirl

canadiangirl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 03:10 PM

I'm here!!! I have benn on holidays but back and will try to be more active:)

Nnnn, when I saw your post, I thought DTLY also! The beach scene and the scene where TR had YG against the truck gave it away :)

Ram, thanks for posting the BTS links! Omg I agree with you guys, they are flirty hard! Chun seems to be so chatty and mischievous around rainie. I can't wait to see the kiss scene BTS lol

#556 rxm1

rxm1

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:43 PM

Yuuup my pleasure. Sharing is caring haha
Another subbed BTS

sea sick ]:

Oooh, I want to see the kissing scenes too :D Wonder if they get awkward after it or do they just flirt and play along with each other? haha

#557 stephluvvsyou

stephluvvsyou

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:18 AM

Hello to all SA-Goers! I have been gone a long time from this thread. I am so sorry. I have to fight hard for time on AF. Or on internet in general. Most free time now is divided between here and my blog. I try to be fair mostly. :/

Anyways, it's so nice to see you guys nnnn, WhiteBF, and rxm1 still trying to visit this thread reguarly. canadiangirl you and I have both been absent. At least I'm glad I have someone to share this similarity with. I am same. I will try my hardest to be more active here. And I want to give a greeting to redsketches - It's so nice to see someone else posting! Welcome! I hope to see you come again. :)

rxm1 - hullow :) Thanks so much for continuing to share BTS. And now some with Eng subs! Yayyy! I have not watched yet (except the one you just posted most recently) will do my best to in the coming days. It is so funny when he says 'Fly over here like me! Aren't you a female warrior?' But 1 hour before leaving Okinawa...can that really be enough time for Chun to eat?? He likes to take his time...it'd be funny to see BTS of his last meal, then the words come up 'Chun delays flight for food'. Ha, I can imagine... Anyways, XD I don't know if I'm allowed to say...but from what I have seen of Chun and Rainie's BTS (I usually watch at the end of each episode) - they are quite a perfect pair. I think they may have some crush on each other...if I may say so. Chun does seem so flirtacious and talkative around her. I know...I think it's Jiro that always says he himself should be married to her. But Chun I think is a worthy competitor now for this. (in a joking way of course. :P)

nnnn - Hi to you! Have missed having episode discussions with you! I hope you have still been enjoying. I myself have also. As busy as I can be I have been making sure to still watch this show weekly. Episode 11 I will be watching later, but have seen up to 10 now. All I can say so far is that I wish Ya Xin would just tell Yang Guang what he has planned by 'trying' to get on Geng Fei's good side agian. (Oooh it was episode 9 I think where Ya Xin punched him, I was SOOOOO happy). It is so torturous as the viewer knowing both sides of the story, but the characters are not on the same page. Aiyo, it's really too much actually. Not only each character suffers seperately but also the viewer! But like I say before, a TW drama is only successful if it make the viewer suffer and cry, right? Sigh. Anyways, really looking forward to more, but will be happy once Ya Xin comes out from lurking and makes his move to take back everything that Geng Fei has taken from him. Hopefully by this time...Yang Guang will not be too hard to win back over...Also! I had a feeling that ... (is it Qi Le Ge? Or something?) Don't remember his name exactly but the chauffer.. I had a feeling several episodes ago he was getting feelings for Yang Guang. I like him, he's very sweet, but I am also glad Yang Guang rejected his proposal, because she belongs with Ya Xin and no one else. Really can't wait until Ya Lun appears! I also really loved your trivia (the similarities) of SA and DTLY. I also watched DTLY, so I was thinking that as well, just as canadiangirl. You know I also notice...many TW dramas contain scenes of walking or waiting in rain. I can think many... ToGetHer, Love or Bread, Sunshine Angel, ISWAK... several I think also share this common scene. But I did enjoy your comparison game. XD

redsketches - I am glad you are enjoying the show :) It has been very great so far. I'm not sure there is another source of this show that has the complete uncut version posted. As the uncut version has only aired up to episode 11 so far (in Taiwan). I know people have posted the full cut versions. But uncut..I don't think there are some yet. :( The waiting is hard for me also.

canadiangirl - are you still enjoying the show? Have you been able to keep watching with your schedule? Aiyo...it gets hard every episode, but there's something different about this sort of... because you know what's really going on, and the intentions...ah I don't know. I won't say anymore for now. In case you have not watched through episode 10 yet.

Anyways, got to go for now everyone, actually, need to say, SA ep 4 recap will be up next weekend. I will share the link and some pictures in this thread when it is finished ok? I have also not had time for those either. But I will fight to keep making them still! Just not very fast... sigh.

Okay, this is all for now. Wanted to stop by and talk to you all and say hi. Hope you all continue to enjoy the show. It's really one of the best. Will it threaten Love Buffet out of it's #1 spot in my heart? Maybe... XD

Hope you guys all have a good day!

#558 WuMi

WuMi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:19 AM

[url="[url][/url] link[/url]
I was wondering what the actress who played Angela said bout WZ. I was wondering if anyone can translate it for me. haha

#559 teratai

teratai

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1054 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:06 AM

My link
I was wondering what the actress who played Angela said bout WZ. I was wondering if anyone can translate it for me. haha

Here you are, @ ArielxChun, a rough translation of the clip:

Candy Liu Zi Yan, the Beijing-born actress who played Angela, feels that WZ is very handsome. Although his face is small, his body is actually stout.

In the past, Candy filmed with Ting Feng (I think that's the Hong Kong actor, Nicholas Tse Ting Fung) and felt an enormous pressure on her as he also has a small face. She laments having to keep filming with such men (makes life hard for her - as she has to watch her weight as well).

According to her, WZ is very caring of others and would daily bring along yummy food. While in Taiwan, Candy put on weight 2-5 kg and she feels that had a lot to do with WZ. Everyday, he'd eat biscuits, cakes.

Candy says the wonderful aroma of tasty food is everywhere in Taiwan.

#560 WuMi

WuMi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:36 AM

@teratai, thank you for translating it! i was reading your translation and hearing her talk at same time. haha.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sunshine angel, wu zun, rainie yang

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users