1961 replies to this topic

#1401 viv1010

viv1010

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:33 AM

OB....are you of Asian decent? Just curious why are you into Asian ET when you don't understand any Asian language at all. If you don't want to answer, it's ok. Your friend has met MD 5 times????? Posted Image Does she live in Taiwan or China? I envy her so much!!!! Posted Image

Syifa, I have already watched Tang Beauty. Just started watching Chang'e 嫦娥, and I'm so annoyed! Why did they dub MD's voice! Posted Image I loved his voice! Posted Image

Edited by viv1010, 13 March 2012 - 07:37 AM.

#1402 OrangeBlossom55

OrangeBlossom55

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:07 AM

vivi I am 100% Caucasion and I left US trash tv in 2007 and fell in love with the innocence of Asian drama's pure love stories. My first MD drama was PTF and I was hooked on Mr.magnetic eyes. They say the eyes are the windows of the soul well MD's eyes speak. I have seen all his drama's except the ones that have not been aired and am watching for the 4th time Beauty World and am waiting for BOTE to air..I heard it was to be March then April but who knows. My friend lives in Hong Kong and if she had not been sick when MD went secretly to Hong Kong just before he went into the miltary it would have been 6x. .

#1403 syifa

syifa

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1420 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:57 PM

vivi...
ancient drama usually they voice is dub not only MD coz the dialect different from modern drama.
tang beauties Viki already eng sub.

Media reported that MD and Ethan Ruan in the military through the alternatif but the military clarifiaction they said that MD don't take alternative service and now he is part of army he also like other people training militery as well

Posted Image

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1455912494

and this link video
http://tieba.baidu.c...kw=%C3%F7%B5%C0

Edited by syifa, 16 March 2012 - 03:10 PM.

#1404 syifa

syifa

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1420 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:10 PM

MD clarification

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpsadqgX8Jw&feature=youtu.be

Posted Image

Edited by ~*~Marz~*~, 23 December 2012 - 03:52 PM.
Edited out broken image/s.

#1405 syifa

syifa

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1420 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:44 PM

Posted Image

news

MD was voluntarily signed up to join the Army Guard, and the he's has turned out to be directly elected and authorized by the army to become the militery a Guard of Honour after passing the selection.

rumor about MD was going to hospital and he's considered a reason for early retirement, was rejected by the military.They clarified that MD strained forearm and just treatment, not to retire early, and even volunteered to join Guard of Honour

officials Military said that the MD has expressed a willingness to join the military a guard of honour and he's satisfy the criteria, such as height which reached 181 cm where the minimum height requirement is 178 cm, but it also has graduated high school, family background heavy between 60-85 kg weight, visual acuity 0.8 to 1.2, neat, no bad record, not tattoo, not join gangs, don't have a criminal record and no drugs.

According officials Military, MD said that he has a friend who had served in the military a guard of honour, joined this team can exercise voluntarily so he's want to join it.

MD will undergo initial training for 1 month, lots of physical activities such as sit ups, push ups, jump squats, learn use gun MI with 7.5 kg weight, and completed training in marksmanship test.

If MD successfully pass this course, then MD will be a guard of honour , and will be sent to the Chiang Kai Sek Memorial Hall, Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall and other places around July.

The Training a guard of honour its so hard like in the hell because it takes a lot of physical activity but this force to be operating with the troops who are invincible.

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1457427651

#1406 viv1010

viv1010

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:37 PM

OB....this is my first time to hear of such reversal of interest between the 2 cultures in America. I know a lot of Asian Americans who abandon their Asian background.

And yes, I couldn't agreed with you more about Mr. Magnetic Eyes. However, I think his most beautiful features are his mouth and lips. I just loved watch his mouth and lips when he speaks and when he smiles. Oh....what am I talking about! His features all fit in so perfectly that his is just one drop-dead gorgeous man! Hope his personality and characters are just as beautiful, otherwise it would be a waste!

news

MD was voluntarily signed up to join the Army Guard, and the he's has turned out to be directly elected and authorized by the army to become the militery a Guard of Honour after passing the selection.

rumor about MD was going to hospital and he's considered a reason for early retirement, was rejected by the military.They clarified that MD strained forearm and just treatment, not to retire early, and even volunteered to join Guard of Honour

officials Military said that the MD has expressed a willingness to join the military a guard of honour and he's satisfy the criteria, such as height which reached 181 cm where the minimum height requirement is 178 cm, but it also has graduated high school, family background heavy between 60-85 kg weight, visual acuity 0.8 to 1.2, neat, no bad record, not tattoo, not join gangs, don't have a criminal record and no drugs.

According officials Military, MD said that he has a friend who had served in the military a guard of honour, joined this team can exercise voluntarily so he's want to join it.

MD will undergo initial training for 1 month, lots of physical activities such as sit ups, push ups, jump squats, learn use gun MI with 7.5 kg weight, and completed training in marksmanship test.

If MD successfully pass this course, then MD will be a guard of honour , and will be sent to the Chiang Kai Sek Memorial Hall, Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall and other places around July.

The Training a guard of honour its so hard like in the hell because it takes a lot of physical activity but this force to be operating with the troops who are invincible.

oh....I hope he can complete the training for Military Guard of Honor! Jia yo Ming Dao! hmm...I think I should plan a trip to visit Taiwan during his Military Guard of Honor duty! Anybody interested in traveling to Taiwan?

Edited by viv1010, 16 March 2012 - 09:38 PM.

#1407 syifa

syifa

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1420 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:42 PM

vivi...

I want it to traveling to Taiwan but but it's impossible for me in July/august...btw Where you come from???

yesterday MD left the camp

look his body so perfect
Posted Image

he's make me smile ...stick its

Posted Image

credit
http://laiba.tianya....e57fffe38e2b1f6

Edited by ~*~Marz~*~, 23 December 2012 - 03:53 PM.
Edited out broken image/s.

#1408 viv1010

viv1010

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:03 PM

oh....all those cameras do looked so scary!

When did Ming Dao injured his back? He said it might create a problem for him if he was to train for Military Honor Guard. I hope the military train will help him strengthen his back and heal the injury.

Syifa...I live in Seattle, Washington. What about you? Where do you live? So I take it that you can read Chinese and speak Mandarin? What other languages can you speak?

question...how long is the Military Honor Guard duty? A month? Two months? I've done some research and the hottest months in Taiwan are from June to August with the highest temperature up to around 38Posted ImageC (100Posted ImageF). Wonder how many hours the guard has to stand there with out blinking his eyes in such brutal heat? That's got to be a torture! In that case, I hope Ming Dao change his mind about Military Honor Guard.

Edited by viv1010, 17 March 2012 - 09:10 PM.

#1409 OrangeBlossom55

OrangeBlossom55

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:11 AM

vivi I live on the east coast of the US in Virginia. You wonder how I came to love Asian drama because I despise what this nation is becoming a foul immoral sewer. There is no innocence anymore and what touched me about Asian drama's was the innocent love stories. The 1st drama I watched was the Switch starring Vincent Jiao and Zhang Ting. In 40 eps 1 kiss.I was hooked from that moment on. I watched more than 30 Asian drama's but my favorite was Mingen or any drama with Ming Dao in it. I am looking forward to BOTE and Happiness of an Angel. I also need to finish my fan fictions.

#1410 syifa

syifa

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1420 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:02 PM

vivi...

I'm from indonesia, hahahaha I can't speak mandarin and pinyin I just use google translate to translate all news about MD, usually I browsing in baidu or use google, you can try search on google by key word " 明道 " and you can find all about MD.

I dont know about the Military Honor Guard duty.

link video MD left camp

Miss Li (MD manager) upate her blog

Posted Image

MD loves the mountain city of Florence.
talian girl suddenly ran towards us,then passionately in English and ask ........ are you MingDao?
She could not believe it finally she meet her idol..
she's very happy and she almost cried and she said " she have been watching drama played by MD, her favorite is PTF."
What a great surprise.

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1456858692

Edited by syifa, 19 March 2012 - 05:12 PM.

#1411 viv1010

viv1010

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:06 AM

oh...I loved the mountainous city of Florence too! That Italian girl is so lucky! Why didn't I run into him when I was there?

Oh Syfia, you are just a hop and a skip away from Taipei! I'm sure you can spare a few days!

Syfia, you are a true fan! You can't understand Mandarin or read Chinese and yet you've kept us so updated about Ming Dao's comings and goings! That is so amazing! I can't read Chinese (but just a few words), so I get very discourage when the whole webpage is in Chinese. My brain just automatically shuts down!

So I guess you can't understand what he said on the news clip except for what was written about it? Anyway, on the clip, he mentioned that he thought it would be cool to be a military guard. However he is concerned that his back injury would prevent him from performing that duty. He has mentioned before while filming that his back hurts, but it seemed like people have forgotten about it or ignored it.

hmm.....wondered when he got injured? It must be pretty bad if it's still bothering him even when he is so physically fit. Posted Image

OB....I still couldn't find your fan fictions. Posted Image I am very low tech too! Posted Image When you have a chance, would you post the link to your fan fictions here for me?Posted Image thx.....Posted Image

Edited by viv1010, 20 March 2012 - 04:12 AM.

#1412 syifa

syifa

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1420 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:19 PM

vivi...

all of us is fans of MD.....Posted Image Posted Image

Miss Li update her blog again
Posted Image

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1466132017

#1413 syifa

syifa

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1420 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:34 PM

pic from weibo miss Li

Posted Image

another pic from weibo Ms Li this scene from "SOP QUEEN"

Posted Image

Edited by ~*~Marz~*~, 23 December 2012 - 03:54 PM.

#1414 viv1010

viv1010

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:01 PM

oh....our prince does look so good in suits! I recalled in one of his many interviews he said he likes to wear suits. And in another interview he said sometimes he has to wear his own suits in the tv series because he likes to wear suits and the productions did not budget enough suits for him.

Since this book is produced by MD, I could assume that he own all these clothing? My, he does have good taste in fashion! I would be surprised if the men's suit wear companies are not just supplying him suits so that he can be their living model!

#1415 syifa

syifa

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1420 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:30 AM

vivi...

can you translate this video...thanks

#1416 syifa

syifa

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1420 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:08 PM

screncaps pics

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1417 viv1010

viv1010

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:34 AM

vivi...

can you translate this video...thanks

Ming Dao has decided to enter the training with the Volunteer Military Guard training. He reported to the facility today with his group mates. There is 5 days of various tests to see if he is qualify to start the 4 months hellish style training.

After the first month of training they will have to pass a test to see if they are qualify to continue with the training. If they fail the test, they will have one week time to retrain and take the test again. If they still don't pass it the second time, then they will be pick by lottery to see if they can continue to stay with the training.

If Ming Dao passed everything, he will be the first entertainer/celebrity to serve in the Volunteer Military Guard.

Edited by viv1010, 25 March 2012 - 06:13 AM.

#1418 mingdee

mingdee

only ming!

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1943 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:26 AM

thanks syifa and viv1010 for the latest update of mingdao in military. Geez it looks like he is still under scrutiny - every step and move he makes and the media will get wind of it. Haha and because of mingdao, his army mates also get featured on tv ! I wonder how his army mates feel about being with a celebrity army mate.

And those pics his manager posted up in her weibo - mingdao really really really looks so damn good in suits ! handsome! dropdead gorgeous!

#1419 viv1010

viv1010

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:12 AM

mingdee, the pleasures all mine.

I think his army mates now have a lot more to talk about when they brag about their army days! Imagine all the attentions they will get from the girls when they give detail info about Ming Dao's army training and daily living with them!

#1420 2mingenfan

2mingenfan

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2987 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:50 AM

Syifa, thank you for all the news on MD. He looks to be adjusting well in the military life. viv1010, thank you for translating the clip provided by syifa..military guard training...if thats his goal, i hope he makes it. hi mingdee, guess thats the price of celebrity,regarding the media. i hope his army mate understand and bear with it. or they will use their training on the pesky pappas...lol jia you MD!!

#1421 viv1010

viv1010

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:01 AM

you are welcome 2mingenfan. Glad I could contribute!

Just finished Chang'e 嫦娥 and I don't like the ending cuz' it's too sad!

Watched Life of Sentime (感情生活) and find that it's too artistic for me to understand.

Watching Close to You (近在咫尺的爱恋) right now and MD is so so HOT!

Ok....questions...or suggestions.....what should I watch next???

Happy & Love Forever 幸福一定强
or
Angel Lover 天使情人
or
Always Smile! 微笑在我心

I think these are the only ones that I haven't watched. Some series I have watched before I knew MD's name and was not a fan. Maybe I can re-watch the ones I've seen before I was a MD fan! Posted Image

#1422 syifa

syifa

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1420 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:45 PM

vivi...

you must wach happy and love forever first

miss Li update her blog

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#1423 syifa

syifa

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1420 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:47 PM

from weibo miss Li : Florence Mountaine, MD said "see the most beautiful sunsets in Jarno River [Fime Arno], shine with a soft golden light, which reflects the ancient city of thousands of scattered, tells the history of ancient roof tiles red brick , Extraordinary beauty makes us look small.

Posted Image

#1424 viv1010

viv1010

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:57 AM

thx Syfia for all the new pictures. I so wanted to own a copy of his picture book!

oh the forum is so quiet. I guess MD has passed the 5 days of various tests to get in the voluntary military guard training.

Edited by ~*~Marz~*~, 23 December 2012 - 03:53 PM.

#1425 syifa

syifa

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1420 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:56 AM

Screenshoot new advertising

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

link video

#1426 viv1010

viv1010

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:34 AM

thank you Syfia for the commercial video. But it's so blurry! Is there an clip that is more clear??

#1427 mingdee

mingdee

only ming!

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1943 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:06 AM

thanks syifa for the video - is that a new commericial? I wonder if that was done before the army? Anyway, mingdao looks young, lively and healthy and happy ! I appreciate his manager Miss Li posting mingdao pics every now and then so we fans get to see him in some ways, nice. I think she is a good manager.

#1428 syifa

syifa

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1420 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:30 AM

mingde...

I agree with you miss li, she is great manager and always support MD

again she's update
Posted Image

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1496892917

MD said " My dreams is come true in Rome on a Vespa retro, ready to roll.
You can see from his face, he was very excited.

#1429 viv1010

viv1010

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:17 PM

Now that I've finished watching all of Ming Dao's series, I feel very empty. Any suggestions of what to watch next?

happy Easter everybody!

Edited by ~*~Marz~*~, 23 December 2012 - 03:55 PM.

#1430 syifa

syifa

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1420 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:46 PM

Miss Li update again

Posted Image

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1503561795

Crystal Palace -france

#1431 viv1010

viv1010

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:28 AM

MD really lost a lot of weight for this photo book. Look a bit too skinny, but still a prince non the least!

#1432 syifa

syifa

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1420 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:04 AM

vivi pls translate

#1433 mingdee

mingdee

only ming!

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1943 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:40 AM

Hi everyone ! Am glad to see this thread still moving slowly but steady even though our prince Mingdao is in military now yay.

Thanks syifa for the updates. The news in the video says something like fans are concerned about mingdao's old injury (back and hips ?) and wondering how he is doing now as there is no news about his training. His manager Miss Li assured fans that mingdao is doing fine undergoing training in the army camp, everything safe.

Viv1010 might heard something more from the video clip?

Edited by mingdee, 10 April 2012 - 03:41 AM.

#1434 viv1010

viv1010

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:21 AM

vivi pls translate

Ming Dao just started the Hellish Honor Guard Military training and was already injured. His teammate said that MD was competing in a game called "Thunder Ball" (this is a literal translation as I don't know this game). He got hit in the right arm by the thunder ball and it swell up immediately. But because of his sensitive identity (being a celebrity), he did not go and get medical treatment right away.

In early March, Ming Dao only enlisted for a month, had to go to the hospital to get treatment for his back injury. (This is the old injury that MD was worried about in previous interviews.). The gossip columns accused Ming Dao of trying to back out of his military duty with back injury excuses. Because of these negative references, Ming Dao was not willing to take much needed rest for his injuries.

Only after 2 days did Ming Dao's arm started to get better. Ming Dao stayed very low key about his injuries. Ming Dao said it is because of his sensitive identity, he does not want the media to magnify and generate anymore negative news.

In regard to his injuries, MD's company said that he is fine and fans need not worry about MD.

Edited by viv1010, 10 April 2012 - 08:30 AM.

#1435 viv1010

viv1010

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:06 AM

oh my...did you guys know that Ming Dao's English is actually very good? Here is a link to his King of Adventure in Alaska. Hope you girls enjoy!

part A:
http://v.youku.com/v...k4NDY0OA==.html

Edited by viv1010, 14 April 2012 - 07:34 AM.

#1436 2mingenfan

2mingenfan

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2987 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:12 AM

Hi! Its nice hear about MD even while he is away serving in the military. Syifa thanks alot for the news on MD...sorry to hear about MD injuries, hope he recovers well. guess it not easy being in the military. He really is trying his best to blend in and be one of many serving. viv1010, thanks for the translation of the military clop. and I really like MD's King of Adventure series time, he won an award for being in this program i believe. thanks for sharing this clip..he was a good host on that show...

#1437 viv1010

viv1010

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:33 AM

2mingenfan, you are welcome.

I felt so bad for Ming Dao when he has to hesitate to get medical treatment for his injuries "because it might generate negative rumors". That just made me so mad at the media for attacking celebrities like that! I hope MD will heal soon from his back and arm injuries.

Here is part B and C of Ming Dao's King of Adventure - Alaska episode. He has to converse in English with the Americans to get around and to get the information from them. In fact, I've heard him used English in all the episodes I've watched so far, even the one about Korea. I only watch a few episode of his King of Adventure shows. I find them very interesting. He did a very good job of explaining and made it quite fun to watch as he actually gets into the actions. He got so excited about every new experience that it made it the viewer feel excited as well.. Anyway....here you go..... Enjoy!

part B: http://v.youku.com/v...k4NjIwNA==.html

part C: http://v.youku.com/v...EwMzMyNA==.html

And this episode of Alaska is a "Visit to the Eskimo Village" (Barrow, Alaska) - eat Eskimo sushi (whale/caribou meat)
http://v.youku.com/v...U5MjYzMDQ=.html

Alaska - Fairbanks (watch the auroras)
http://v.youku.com/v...AyNzg0ODI4.html

Alaska - Nome (sled dog race)
http://v.youku.com/v...AyNzkwMDg0.html

Edited by viv1010, 19 April 2012 - 08:24 AM.

#1438 OrangeBlossom55

OrangeBlossom55

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:05 AM

He is so adorable in all his actions and his enthusiasn is contagious. I find myself laughing at his antic's. Uh was he handling moose poop..I doubt that was chocolate balls in the snow...lol eeoo. Moose calls..Hey Ming Dao that is the wrong kind of mating call..All you need to do to attract that special lady is smile and shoot her a loving gaze with those magnetic eyes and she will melt like a real chocolate ball in the sun..lol

#1439 viv1010

viv1010

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:11 AM

yeah....I was surprised he picked those moose dropping up with is bare fingers too! He was so excited about everything he sees....it must be so fun to work with him. I saw an episode of him trying out rock climbing. He was so honest with his feelings about the experience that it made the his adventures real and interesting to viewers.

#1440 syifa

syifa

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1420 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:05 AM

another negative news...please translate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo5X4H_ZBmI

but the militery clarification this news..please translate to
http://tieba.baidu.c...kw=%C3%F7%B5%C0

the militery said, the news is not true.
the military also said that MD is very persistent and strive to practice during training.

Edited by syifa, 16 April 2012 - 01:16 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ming dao

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users