AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

[Series] The Vampire Diaries (2009-present)

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Fairytale_ Angel

Fairytale_ Angel

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1655 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 01:30 AM

Posted Image

CW has officially picked up on the show which is based from the novels written by L.J. Smith.

The Vampire Diaries series novels CAME OUT before Twilight Series so do not say she's copying Twilight because its two different novels/storyline. Vampire Diaries came out 1991- and still is in writing while Twilight came out 2005

Vampire Diaries revolve around one girl who fell in love with two vampire brothers

Plot summary

The official synopsis: "Four months after the tragic car accident that killed their parents, 17-year-old Elena Gilbert and her 15-year-old brother, Jeremy are still trying to cope with their grief and move on with their lives. Elena has always been the star student; beautiful, popular and involved with school and friends, but now she finds herself struggling to hide her sadness from the world. As the school year begins, Elena and her friends are fascinated by a handsome and mysterious new student, Stefan Salvatore. Stefan and Elena are immediately drawn to one another, and Elena has no way of knowing that Stefan is a centuries-old vampire, struggling to live peacefully among humans, while his brother Damon is the embodiment of vampire violence and brutality. Now these two vampire brothers - one good, one evil - are at war for Elena's soul and for the souls of her friends, family and all the residents of the small town of Mystic Falls, Virginia."

CAST:
Nina Dobrev as Elena Gilbert
Paul Wesley as Stefan Salvatore
Ian Somerhalder as Damon Salvatore
Katerina Graham as Bonnie Bennett
Steven R. McQueen as Jeremy Gilbert
Sara Canning as Jenna Somers
Zach Roerig as Matt Donovan
Candice Accola as Caroline Forbes
Michael Trevino as Tyler Lockwood
Kayla Ewell as Vicki Donovan

TRAILER:

CHANGES FROM THE NOVELS

Based on the pilot script, some details related to the town, characters, and the Vampire Diaries story itself have been changed. Initially it was believed that the character of Meredith Sulez had been eliminated completely but, according to both Julie Plec and Kevin Williamson, she will be appearing later on down the road.

'Whitmore':
Stefan and Damon were originally given the surname 'Whitmore' in the pilot of the TV series. The name was switched to the original 'Salvatore' of the books once the series was greenlighted.

Mystic Falls:
The town the story is set in became Mystic Falls in the TV series as they were unable to get legal clearance for Fell's Church.

-In the novel, Elena has a younger sister name Margaret but in the TV Series she has a brother name Jeremy

-the character of Jenna Moyer, Elena's aunt, was originally named Judith Gilbert in the novels

-Both Damon's and Stefan's backstories have also been changed. Instead of hailing from Renaissance Italy, Stefan and Damon appear to be from Civil War-era Mystic Falls. Another addition is Zach, Stefan and Damon's human relative, as this character never appeared in the novels.

- in the novels, Elena is described as a blonde, blue-eyed, "ice princess", whereas in the show she is a brown-eyed brunette. In the books, Caroline is also depicted as an "Egyptian Princess", where in the show she has blonde hair and blue eyes.

-in this version of the story Elena's friend Bonnie is descended from the witches of Salem

- in the novel, Stephen character tried his best to avoid Elena but is still drawn to her but in the TV series its opposite

#2 Choc Lover

Choc Lover

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 06:43 AM

Wow! This is a new series! I can't wait to watch it I am a big fan of vampire stories. I love all of Stephanie Meyer's Twilight collections. Can't wait to watch this one. It looks good from the preview.

#3 grimbeaver

grimbeaver

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 12:07 AM

I find it takes a while to get into these... I took my the whole half of the first season before i got hooked on true blood. Hope this will be as good.

#4 Urban.Decay

Urban.Decay

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 07:59 PM

This seems a lot more interesting than Twilight. I think that the series really makes it seem even better. Can't wait to see more!

#5 mtp1nk

mtp1nk

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:35 PM

another vampire series after True Blood. Actually, this series are quite typical w/ twilight, what I mean, for teen. Cos US also has True Blood for vampire series by HBO and the rating is for adult.
anyone already read the novels?
I also heard that the rating in the 2nd episode was lower compared to the first. There were some main competitors from old series.

#6 Dekopon.

Dekopon.

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 07:38 AM

I like and dislike this show...but it's still entertaining to watch. The brothers are a bit too stereotypical so far, though. Hope it gets more interesting! XD

I hate that anything vampire related now gets compared to Twilight. :/

#7 Minako

Minako

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 10:23 PM

OMG I've been chasing this series since the first day it came out. I actually love it so far. I have the books but has never read the novels yet.

#8 grimbeaver

grimbeaver

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 12:50 AM

It's getting pretty good. but between this and true blood, i like true blood more. it's a bit different.

#9 azn_gypsy123

azn_gypsy123

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 06:32 AM

The Vampire Diaries is actually pretty good. I think it's getting more interesting each week. It's a lot better than Twilight, which I really dislike.

#10 eternityxdream

eternityxdream

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 06:09 AM

i don't really pay attention anything about this show even though i saw the trailer bc i don't think paul wesley is not that cute but when i saw the MV of stefan and elena i changed my mind and watched the show...next thing u kno i watched 10 episodes within two days and it's good...i can't wait until next month to see the show return...

#11 jadedreams27

jadedreams27

TVB fanatic #1

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2153 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 02:53 AM

I totally got hooked into this serie! It was unexpected.I was not into Twilight and all the vampire craze until I saw this serie, and then it was just like vampire mania lol I finally watched Twilight, and now I want to read vampire books haha

The guy that plays Damon (Ian Somerhalder) is like the hottest vampire and is like 100x hotter than Robert Patterson lol

#12 Sassyish

Sassyish

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 08:06 PM

is this series any good? i am actually a big fan of the novels, and l j smith's other books but i don't like the look of the cast. elena is supposed to be blonde and beautiful (and a b***h) but she's giving off a "bella feel" in this, and the 2 brothers are not handsome at all!

#13 catastrophic.

catastrophic.

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 12:14 PM

A lot of my friends are telling me to watch this but I'm hesitating because I'm scared Elena won't end up with Damon and that's going to make me so disappointed. Do you guys think I could learn to like Stefan after watching this?

#14 sweetgirl_haz

sweetgirl_haz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 06:50 PM

OMSGHHH I LOVE VAMPIRE DIARIES...
Im watching it online with the US version...I live in UK which is only a week behind now!!
But i love Damon Salvatore...nd i feel sorry for him coz Stefan always gets the girls!!
nd I love Damon's confession in episode 8 of season 2- 'ROSE' it was beautiful...nd ever since the way he looks at elena has changed for me!
the story atm is amazing..with Claus and Elijiah its getting more and more interesting with every episode.
esp now with Rose being bitten by a werewolf....nd now the new girl nd Tyler r werewolfs!!
i cannot w8 till 27th January when the new episode will air... =D :yeah :drool
Ahh Such a long w8!! :argh

A lot of my friends are telling me to watch this but I'm hesitating because I'm scared Elena won't end up with Damon and that's going to make me so disappointed. Do you guys think I could learn to like Stefan after watching this?

I dont like elena with stefan.....cnt stand them together
but i have hope for Elena and Damon!! Keep the hope! :blush
  • konseki likes this

#15 Meow ♡

Meow ♡

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1302 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:08 AM

Finally watching this. Team Stelena! The Vampire Diaries is 100 times better than silly Twilight!

#16 konseki

konseki

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:31 AM

No more updates?? My favourite is Nina Dobrev though I'm female LOL.
Love Elena with Damon too!!!Posted Image

#17 RayMich

RayMich

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:00 PM

I love this series
Especially Elena and Damon
Season 5 ending was so sad
Can't wait for season 6, 2 more months