doraemon♡JAY

无与伦比 <33

• Forum Crew
  • 3120 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 11:30 AM

THE LOVE RIVER
(藍海1加1)

Posted Image

All information compiled & translated by: Sarah @ http://asianfanatics.net unless otherwise stated.
Please credit if taking out!

English name: The Love River
Taiwanese name: 蓝海一加一
Chinese name: 爱河恋人
Also known as: 海峡恋人
Episodes: ?
Genre: Romance, Comedy
Channel: HiHD (High-Definition channel)
Filming location: Taiwan/China
Broadcast period: Every Mon-Fri @ 10pm from January 27, 2010
Director: Lin Bo Sheng (林博生)

CAST:

Leon Jay Williams (立威廉) as Liu Xin He (柳信河)

Posted Image

Genie Zhuo (卓文萱) as He Zhen Ai (何真愛)

Posted Image

Remus Kam (金沛晟) as He Shou Cheng (何守诚)

PLOT:

Through her senior Vijay's recommendation, Zhen Ai (played by Genie Chuo) finally achieves her wish of joining the travel agency to work as a tour guide and leader. To Zhen Ai, this is her first time, and the day her fate intersects. But, the confused Zhen Ai accidentally mistakes Liu Xin He (played by Leon Jay Williams) as one of her members. Yet, Liu Xin He not only does not blame Zhen Ai or the travel agency, but instead is willing to continue to stay in Zhen Ai's tour group. However, Zhen Ai realises that the reason for this is because he wants to make her life hell. He is simply a devil, treating her as a ‘slave', making her do this and that. Over time, many misunderstandings occur between the 2, like when Zhen Ai accidentally spills her drink on Xin He's pants, making the perfectionist him fire up in anger. And fate even leads them to stay in the same hotel together for a night, making the other members suspicious of the ambiguous relationship between them. Although Zhen Ai tries her hardest to clarify, it seems that she is only making things worse. An accident leads them to fall into ‘The Love River' together and Zhen Ai wonders if fate is playing a joke on her. But what Zhen Ai did not expect is that Liu Xin He is about to become the new boss of the travel agency..

NEWS:

Leon Jay Williams & Genie Zhuo pair up in new idol drama 'River Lovers'

Leon Jay Williams will sing the theme song with Genie Zhuo for their new drama

GALLERY:

Posted Image

more info coming soon! :)

Edited by doraemon♡JAY, 07 February 2010 - 04:26 AM.

#2 DTLCT

DTLCT

Obsessed

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2814 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 12:08 PM

Super fast in making the thread, lol. I read the news and went to look for more info. Fresh pairing indeed.

I have a question though, do you know which station it is under? (GTV - probably not since they have like 4 going, huh? SETTV? Or others?)

Edited by DTLCT, 20 June 2009 - 12:10 PM.

#3 miniv

miniv

Addict

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6174 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 03:27 PM

Super fast in making the thread, lol. I read the news and went to look for more info. Fresh pairing indeed.

I have a question though, do you know which station it is under? (GTV - probably not since they have like 4 going, huh? SETTV? Or others?)

Neither GTV nor SETTV I believe

Probably one of those dramas that will film first and then sell to one of the airing channels?
I read that the Government Information Office of Taiwan's High Definition Production something is sponsoring this drama though
Does that mean it might air on PTS? :unsure:

Also read that Genie will be acting as a tour guide while Leon will be the boss of a travel agency.

Edited by minivicki, 20 June 2009 - 03:32 PM.

#4 DTLCT

DTLCT

Obsessed

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2814 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 03:49 PM

minivicki:
Thanks for the info. I also did some searching around and saw some bits and pieces of pictures and info appearing on Hunan TV so I'm wondering if it's going to air on that station. But then again, it's still too early for anything, huh? I guess I'm just jumping ahead

Edited by DTLCT, 20 June 2009 - 03:50 PM.

#5 doraemon♡JAY

doraemon♡JAY

无与伦比 <33

• Forum Crew
  • 3120 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 03:25 AM

Leon Jay Williams will be singing the theme song with Genie Zhuo for their new drama

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Source: CNA Chinese
Translation: Sarah @ http://asianfanatics.net

After being absent from the Taiwanese drama industry for 2 years, Leon Jay Williams returns once again, and he admitted that he really missed Taiwan's environment. Collaborating with Genie Zhuo for the first time, he says that he is very happy; because 2 months ago, Leon made a private trip to Taiwan, and saw the MV of Genie's new song ‘Love Castle' on TV, and at the time he thought: “This girl is so cute!” Coincidentally, now he has the chance to work with her!

Idol drama ‘River Lovers' began filming on the 18th and this drama will be sponsored by the Government Information Office High-Definition Programme. The story tells of newbie tour guide Genie meeting Leon, who plays the boss of a travel agency and conflict arises between them. Of course, the drama will also have its warm and romantic lovey-dovey parts.

Towards Leon again challenging the role of a ‘little boss', is he worried that there is no breakthrough or being stereotyped to that role? He smiled in reply, saying that he was first introduced to Taiwanese idol dramas as that role, and after leaving for 2 years, he hopes that he can let everyone experience that familiar feeling again.

As for Genie, she will have many breakthroughs. Acting as a tour guide, not only must she not be afraid of looking ugly, she also cannot worry about accidentally exposing herself, because many of the scenes will be filmed in scenic areas with high wind, but she still has to wear a skirt. Towards this, she replied: “Well if it really happens, then just count it as everyone's luck!”

Because the drama's background is ‘travelling', naturally they will be heading all around Taiwan for filming. Mainly they will film in Kaohsiung, but the drama crew will also be touring the rest of Taiwan. And Genie hopes that after filming this drama, she will have the chance to be Taiwan's tourism ambassador. Other than this, Genie also revealed that, in the first episode, she will have an ‘intimate' scene with Leon. The 2, who are both AB blood type are extremely anticipating their collaboration, and Leon says he is very excited about singing the theme song together.

hmm I did some surfing too.. kinda hard to find more info at this point. hopefully more news will come soon.. but at least we have an idea of what the storyline is and what role leon & genie are playing.. I think the storyline sounds okay.. a bit cliche with the conflict arising as soon as they meet, and surprise surprise leons playing a boss again.. but I think the travelling thing is interesting :)

yeah I dont think its gonna be airing on GTV or SETTV.
vicki, I think it could be PTV, since its government sponsored and all, but dunno, and I'm wondering who the director is? and oh that other guy.. do u know who he is? cuz he looks real familiar but I cant remember..

Edited by doraemon♡JAY, 21 June 2009 - 03:26 AM.

#6 miniv

miniv

Addict

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6174 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 03:35 AM

^Is he Remus Kam?
I read some other news saying that he's acting in this drama.

#7 doraemon♡JAY

doraemon♡JAY

无与伦比 <33

• Forum Crew
  • 3120 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 03:43 AM

^ k I jus wiki-ed him

does that look like him? I dunno ><

omg I know why I think he looks familiar now!!!
dont u think he looks like Van Fan? hahaha :loool:

Edited by doraemon♡JAY, 21 June 2009 - 04:05 AM.

#8 miniv

miniv

Addict

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6174 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 03:48 AM

^yeah, i wikied him too and the picture doesn't look like the guy in the photo ^_^*
But there was one news on the press conference more focused on Remus. Getting him to respond to some rumors of him and Tian Xin being together etc
So I'm guessing its most likely him.

Oh and that 2nd girl is someone called 何姵蓓.

Edited by minivicki, 21 June 2009 - 03:56 AM.

#9 mewonthefreeway

mewonthefreeway

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 08:00 AM

:O
I'm like 90 percent sure that that's Remus Kam or a very look alike look alike lol

Oh coolio. Can't wait for the duet to come out :]

Edited by mewonthefreeway, 21 June 2009 - 08:01 AM.

#10 DTLCT

DTLCT

Obsessed

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2814 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 01:12 PM

I was suspecting that's Remus Kam too when I look at the picture but wasn't sure since he looks slightly different than before? *shrugs*

#11 Amber*~

Amber*~

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 02:25 PM

I loved Genie in Rolling Love, and her albums are great. I will def give this drama a chance XD

#12 twinzluvagrL

twinzluvagrL

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 03:00 PM

hmm... >< genie and leon... so weird haha LOL but im willing to give it a try haha

#13 Tiffiany_45

Tiffiany_45

Vic + Ariel = FATE

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2915 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 09:23 PM

Hmmm... so we don't even know what channel this is going to air on?

But Black & White will be done on this Friday on PTS, and a new drama will takes it's place, but is this drama really ready to air? They just has their costume fitting. It doesn't seem like they'd have something in a week's time. And does PTS air dramas as they're being filmed?

Plus, isn't it weird for PTS to have all of these "Idol" dramas. Now I wouldn't really call Starlit and B&W "Idol" dramas, but they're not the regular dramas to run on the station either, right?

Well, I'm looking forward to this none-the-less. I really liked Leon in My Lucky Star, so I hope to see him in this if it proves interesting!

~Tiffiany~

#14 Puppet Princess

Puppet Princess

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 12:17 AM

While the majority is obscure... PTS has often had some big names take part in shows or TV movies for them. They are of a deeper subject matter and low budget though so they are never very popular, especially on the internet and among fansubbers.

Leon and Genie is an interesting pair. Very new. I like that.
Sort of a vague plot description so far though.

#15 catalie

catalie

陳桃花#2♥

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1680 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 02:35 PM

Yaay! Finally a new acting project for Genie ^^ It's great that her and Leon will be singing the theme song together ~
Looking forward to seeing some of the places River Lovers will be set in. Hope we get to find out more about the plot too.

thanks for starting this thread sarah!

Edited by catalie, 25 June 2009 - 02:35 PM.

#16 denise31

denise31

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 06:04 AM

OMG!!!! I love Leon and Genie. I'm soooo looking forward to this awesome pairing. A very fresh and new storyline with a super cute couple. Hopefully, we won't have to wait long for the drama to be broadcast. :)

#17 =sx.k=

=sx.k=

下一站, 幸福♡

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3894 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 07:45 AM

River Lovers has started filming at KaohSiung.

From Genie's blog :
Spoiler

#18 doraemon♡JAY

doraemon♡JAY

无与伦比 <33

• Forum Crew
  • 3120 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 08:09 AM

^ heeeey thanks!! I'll translate it:

I'm in Kaohsiung, fine weather
Already started to film idol drama lo~
We're currently in Kaohsiung
Kaohsiung really is very summertime
Nice and sunny
When taking photos, all I can say is: colour is very pure, very thick
Looks very happy~
Hehe~
I must keep adding oil lo~
Going to film drama now..

btw, Leon says that this dramas gonna be airing on PTV ^_^
he said that since he's been absent from the idol drama industry for a while, he feels quite apologetic to his fans, he doesn't wanna be involved in TV stations' competition (suppose hes talking bout SETTV and GTV ^_^* ) so he chooses to be more low-key, and go for a TV station that places importance on quality and not publicity.. as to respect his fans and all..

I think thats pretty reasonable.. I like PTV :)
but the bad thing is that it might be harder to find news & stuff, and less promotions..

#19 DTLCT

DTLCT

Obsessed

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2814 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 05:06 AM

PTV? At least we know for sure now. I know what you mean with hard to find news but I guess we can stalk Leon's blog since he promised to update regularly about its progress: http://blog.sina.com.cn/liweilianblog

#20 =sx.k=

=sx.k=

下一站, 幸福♡

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3894 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 02:21 PM

Filming of River Lovers (photos taken by fans) :

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

credit : Genie International Fan Club

#21 Vanadia

Vanadia

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 10:02 AM

i'm really excited about Leon returning to Tw dramas. I thought he has been doing so well in China in feature films like Almost Perfect and Jump and doing a lot of modelling etc over there, so I thought maybe he would never return to Taiwanese drama series. Also, some fans are very critical of his less than perfect Chinese and seemed to hold that against him.
I think River Lovers sounds very enjoyable and I don't mind if Leon plays a boss again, because before he has played the heir to big corporations and this travel agency sounds more low key than that.
I'll look forward to seeing all the different sites in Taiwan that they travel to!

#22 =sx.k=

=sx.k=

下一站, 幸福♡

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3894 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 01:16 PM

From Leon's blog(3/7) :

Posted Image

This are the first pictures of my new drama.Its the opening day press conference.
I'm already in Kaoshiung filming the starting stages.
It's been a couple of years since my last drama and i'm very excited about this project. Everyone has been great to work with including Genie and the director.It's been great so far!
Kaoshiung is beautiful and I'm very happy to be able to stay here for awhile and see the sights while I work.
I will write more updates on the shows progress as we go along so check regularly!

More photos :
Leon's blog

#23 =sx.k=

=sx.k=

下一站, 幸福♡

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3894 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 08:47 AM

Photos of Genie and Leon filming River Lovers :

Posted Image

Posted Image

Source : http://ent.hunantv.c...707/350406.html

#24 Tiffiany_45

Tiffiany_45

Vic + Ariel = FATE

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2915 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 02:55 PM

Oh my!!! I freakin ADORE their outfits!!! <3 This drama looks like it's going to be so cute! I can't wait until we get some more BTS stuff like videos, etc.

Did we say this was going to be a PTS drama or a SETTV drama?! The fact that it's promoting tourism makes it sound like it's for PTS... but I can't remember.

I think Leon and Genie are looking really cute together in everything we see! This scene looks like it's going to be funny!

Really, IN LOVE with the outfits!!!

(Also, it seems like Leon is having to carry Genie A LOT. Good thing she's so small!)

~Tiffiany~

Edited by Tiffiany_45, 09 July 2009 - 02:56 PM.

#25 Vanadia

Vanadia

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 08:31 AM

i totally agree about the outfits Tiffany 45 How about that pink overall? I hope the series isn't TOO sweet, though, and there are some kind of villains in it...

#26 =sx.k=

=sx.k=

下一站, 幸福♡

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3894 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 01:13 PM

Filming of River Lovers :

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://i254.photobuc...3211c9583d6.jpg
http://i254.photobuc...5dbc2ce79d9.jpg

#27 =sx.k=

=sx.k=

下一站, 幸福♡

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3894 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 06:14 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#28 =sx.k=

=sx.k=

下一站, 幸福♡

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3894 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 12:50 PM

Scene of Leon and Genie fell into the sea :

Posted Image

Posted Image

Source : http://ent.people.co...GB/9688141.html

#29 doraemon♡JAY

doraemon♡JAY

无与伦比 <33

• Forum Crew
  • 3120 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 11:28 AM

finally some news! although not so good news TT
btw thanks for posting all the pics sxk! they really do look cute together :D

Leon Jay Williams rushed to hospital; filming until vomiting

Posted Image

Source: Liberty Times
Translation: Sarah @ http://asianfanatics.net

Leon Jay Williams & Genie Zhuo have recently been filming their new drama in Kaohsiung, but unfortunately have been hit by diarrhoea, and almost half of the 30 drama crew have been rushed to hospital. The day before yesterday, Leon was up 4 times during the night vomiting, and had to get an emergency drip in the middle of the night.

The summer has arrived, and Leon and Genie have been busy filming their new drama ‘River Lovers'. During the past few days, they've had to run around the whole of Taiwan, travelling to places such as Sun Moon Lake and Ilan. However, the intense heat has taken a toll on them, causing them to suffer from a heat stroke and Gastroenteritis. Plus, Leon has been having a poor appetite, and also suffering from diarrhoea. At the worst, he had to get up 4 times during the night to vomit, and while he's filming, he's constantly rushing to the toilet; he's really exhausted to the extent of collapse.

Now that he has a break from filming, Leon has earned himself a holiday. On the 30th of this month, he will celebrate his 33rd birthday. The drama crew celebrated for him early, and invited a muscle man wearing only his underwear. This made Leon burst into laughter, and got rid of some of the pain he got from being sick. It's been 4 years since he's celebrated his birthday with his mother, and he said this time he will go back to Singapore to celebrate with his family.

#30 =sx.k=

=sx.k=

下一站, 幸福♡

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3894 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 02:38 PM

doraemon♡JAY
You are welcome :)

-----------------------------------------------

Leon's new blog entry (24/7) :

We are into a month of filming the drama and these are some pictures that were taken in Kaoshiung.I have finally visited many more beauitiful places in Taiwan as most of the drama is being shot in Kaoshiung and other scenic places.
I will keep posting more pictures as the weeks go by.It's been tiring but fun as the whole production team has been great!

Posted Image
Leon and the Director of River Lovers

More photos : http://blog.sina.com...070100e4nj.html

#31 Vanadia

Vanadia

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 10:25 AM

Does anyone know if Leon has recovered from gastro. In the article doraemon heart Jay posted it said he might b going back to Singapore to celebrate his birthday with her. Hope they can go on filming River Lovers after that. It looks so cute.

#32 mleXiHuanNi

mleXiHuanNi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 01:28 AM

i actually like leon being the boss and the rich guy. he fits the part really well.

for dramas i always like the guy to be rich and mean and stuff. then the girl poor or just average.
i guess thats my typical favorite drama.
plus the wonderful love triangle :]

#33 CHOCOBABY♥

CHOCOBABY♥

陳桃花#1♥

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2162 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 04:20 PM

yay I am happy about the fact Genie has a new drama
which mean another drama to anticipate XD
Leon Jay Williams? who is that..?
sound so familiar yet his face is not...
but what channel is this? I dont think SETTV
cause isnt Genie GTV people? I am guessing
CTS & GTV together I guess ~

#34 Vanadia

Vanadia

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 08:20 AM

Leon Jay Williams has a thread under Taiwanese male idols, even tho he is originally from Singapore. He has had leading roles in other dramas, including Heaven's Wedding Gown and Green Light Forest, and a supporting role in My Lucky Star. A few months back I wrote a profile of him on my blog:Leon Jay Williams: from Rags to Riches in Singlish

I think Leon will be good in River Lovers. I think he has chemistry with Genie already!

#35 Puppet Princess

Puppet Princess

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 05:31 AM

Hmmm maybe I'm the odd one out, but I find that pink overall outfit Genie is wearing... well it makes her look like a 5 year-old. And then with Leon carrying her... more so. lol

I hope her character isn't one of those unbelievably naive girls. You know... the, "I'm in my twenties, I'm very pretty, and everyone likes me... but for some reason I've never had a boyfriend or heard the words kiss or sex before." Innocent I can handle. Stupid... not as much.

#36 =sx.k=

=sx.k=

下一站, 幸福♡

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3894 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:32 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Synopsis of the photos :

Zhen Ai(Genie) specially bought two goldfishes to symbolize her and Xin He(Leon) can be together and love each other forever.Just then,Xin He called to tell Zhen Ai that he wants to break up with her.It was a shocking news to Zhen Ai but Leon has difficulties to say it.

Source : River Lovers' blog

---------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the official blog of River Lovers :
http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/jw!0GNg1Y6IEQ8zi_nF_rsuqWZr

Edited by =sx.k=, 11 August 2009 - 12:58 PM.

#37 Vanadia

Vanadia

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 09:05 AM

I saw how Leon updated his blog and he seems to have recovered from the gastro.
I agree Puppet Princess sometimes the writers make the girl TOO naive for this day and age but at least Genie's character has a job and a career and all that.

#38 =sx.k=

=sx.k=

下一站, 幸福♡

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3894 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:58 PM

Filming of River Lovers :

Posted Image

Posted Image

Behind the scene :

Posted Image

Source : River Lovers' blog

#39 DTLCT

DTLCT

Obsessed

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2814 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 01:35 PM

AWww...I like the last picture. It makes them look so cute together. (LOL)

Vanadia:
Yes, at least there's a difference. (I also hope she's not easily bullied by others like some of the typical female leads. That gets me more than the other naive stuffs.)

#40 Puppet Princess

Puppet Princess

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 08:50 PM

More filming shots from the production blog.

Posted Image

Posted Image

A couple without Leon or Genie.
http://gallery.asian...p...9476&page=1
http://gallery.asian...p...9478&page=1

And the blurb at the end of the post.
Spoiler

Edited by Puppet Princess, 11 August 2009 - 08:52 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users