• Please log in to reply
351 replies to this topic

#121 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15337 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:46 AM

4minute to release ’shadow title track’ “Mirror, Mirror” from their first official album

Earlier this week, 4minute dropped their “Heart to Heart” EP, and many were surprised by the light and flirty character of the song. But the girls may yet still deliver their powerful charisma, as it was revealed that they’ll be releasing a ’shadow title track’ called “Mirror, Mirror” from their first official album, “4MINUTES LEFT“.

Although “Heart to Heart” is doing strong on the charts, the girls wanted to express an image different to the one they’ve shown so far, and decided to add a full album in addition to a single. “Mirror, Mirror” will hold 4minute’s charismatic color, but with an upgraded twist that gives it a more powerful and unique feel.

Because they’ve been away from the Korean music scene for so long, Cube Entertainment revealed that they wanted to try a new marketing style, and allowed the girls to showcase a wider variety of tracks for their fans.

With pre-orders beginning on April 1st, the full album will be released on the 5th.

Source: Economic News via Nate
Credits: allkpop

#122 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15337 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 06:44 AM

Here's the album cover and concept photo for their Heart to Heart EP.

Posted Image
Posted Image
credits: cafe.daum.net/4minute

#123 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15337 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 09:50 PM

Posted Image

“4MINUTES LEFT” album cover + tracklist revealed!

After girl group 4minute announced their official comeback with “Heart to Heart“, which was released earlier this week, fans were stoked to see that the EP wasn’t all the girls had in store for fans. It was also revealed that the girls would release their first official album, “4MINUTES LEFT“.

The album cover for “4MINUTES LEFT” (seen above) along with the track list was just revealed courtesy of YesAsia.

포미닛 1집 – 4Minutes Left

01. 4Minutes Left – 1:17
02. 거울아 거울아 (Mirror Mirror) – 3:35
03. Heart to Heart – 3:49
04. Sweet Suga Honey! – 3:25
05. 모르는 척 (Pretend) – 3:52
06. You Know – 3:54
07. Already Gone – 3:32
08. First – 3:30
09. Hide and Seek – 3:25
10. 나쁘게 (Badly) – 3:32

The full album is slated for release on April 5th.

Source + Photo: YesAsia
Credits: allkpop

#124 Jaygee

Jaygee

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 02:16 AM

4Minute receives praises for singing abilities: Music color reversed!

4Minute girls have been receiving a good response for their vocal ability with the release
of their new single album,"Heart To Heart".

Compared to "Hot Issue","Muzik" and "HUH", their previous releases,4Minute's latest single
"Heart To Heart",broke away from their powerful warrior image and initiated a change in the
group's music color.

In response to 4Minute's transformation,being the opposite of their unique style,questions aroused.

To this,fans responded :"4Minute isn't throwing away their style".

In fact,through "Heart To Heart",a new side of 4Minute has been revealed.

"Heart To Heart" allowed the members to showcase their impressive voices,and powerful singing
abilities,they demonstrated that the fact of being pop singers doesn't necessary mean that they
can't sing vocally challenging songs as the ballad "Pretend" and the mid-tempo track "You Know" .

They have not only shown a brand-new 4Minute,but they achieved a successful transformation
into real artists.

4Minute's "Heart To Heart" is currently topping the charts and has managed to rank higher than the original soundtrack of MBC's popular audition program "Survival I Am A Singer".

A Cube Entertainment told Newsen's reporter :

"4Minute's members have been actively immersed in vocal training to prepare their comeback.
They are focused on their singing more than they have ever been.You will be able to see a more mature 4Minute,with unique charms."

He then added :"Please anticipate 4Minute's comeback as you will see a surprising, unique and powerful performance",arousing interest.

4Minute will make a comeback performance on KBS Music,on April 8th.

Source: Newsen
Translating+Editing+Reporting: Yoobin @4-Minute.com
Special Thanks to: cmrs14 @4-Minute.com

I'm so proud of our 4MINUTE girls!! When I heard their new song, "Heart To Heart", I just can't stop listening to it. I really love them so much.. their new dance step, their outfits, their voices, the video... the everything! And I'm very very excited to buy their very first album. :) Luv them!!!

Edited by Jaygee, 03 April 2011 - 02:19 AM.

#125 Jaygee

Jaygee

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 03:14 AM

4Minute's Shocking Reversed Style : 4Minute's Swept Music Charts!

For 4Minute's comeback,Cube Entertainment revealed a reversed version of what fans
have been expecting.

On the 29th,4Minute's brand-new single "Heart To Heart" from the has been unveiled at
midnight KST,as well as its music video starring CNBLUE's JungShin,a few hours before.

The girlgroup experienced immediate success with their new song,topping various korean
music charts and reaching the #1 spot on real time charts.

Spoiler

While topping music charts,they also reached #1 on various search portals.They also successfully
surpassed big names like Kim Tae Woo,and the song has ranked higher than the"I Am A Singer"
Soundtrack which was labeled as "hot release".

Other songs from the EP have also managed to enter Bugs' Top 50 charts,and swept other
music charts.

Spoiler

4Minute has proven to be popular not only on music charts and search portals,but also on
youtube with over 20 000 000 views for all of their videos,and more than 150 000 views for
"Heart To Heart" 's music video,release only yesterday.

When it was released on GOM TV,the music video immediately ranked first place in terms of
popularity and views.

In fact,it is the first time that 4Minute reached first place just after the release of their new track.

Spoiler

The song has maintained its high position on korean charts,having reached #1 on Mnet's Top
10,and previously reached #2 on Mnet's real time chart.

4Minute's success is spreading like fire as they ranked #1 on Hanteo charts and #2 on
Bugs.

Spoiler

Moreover,Heart To Heart's EP received good reviews from music critics because of
its fresh,youthful and catchy tunes,addictive and well produced songs.

4Minute has shown determination to showcase its different charms through original looks
and various music styles.

Through the charismatic title track "Heart To Heart",an upbeat and lively number,4Minute's
members had the opportunity to challenge themselves,attempting something new.

As if they were opening their secret diaries,4Minute wanted to show earnest stories and root for
girls' sincere feelings and complicated stories.

The "charisma couple"as nicknamed by netizens,consisting of Kim Hyun Ah and JungShin,caught
the attention of not only 4Minute and CNBLUE's fans,as it has become the hot topic recently.

Meanwhile,4Minute is set to comeback on KBS Music Bank,on April 8th!

Source: Nate
Translation+Editing+Reporting: Yoobin @4-Minute.com
Special thanks to : Kaori. @4-Minute.com

GO 4MINUTE!!! :yeah

Edited by Jaygee, 03 April 2011 - 03:20 AM.

#126 Jaygee

Jaygee

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:04 AM

4Minute's change of image has become controversial

Posted Image

The revelation of 4Minute's comeback concept divided fans' reactions into two.

4Minute has just released their comeback single album with "Heart to Heart" as its Title track; yet, it already caused so much blast on various music charts. However, despite people's high anticipation towards the group's album, a number of fans raised several questions with regards to the new concept that the group decided to use for their comeback.

4Minute is originally known for their intense sound and powerful image which actually sets them apart from other girl groups in Korea. However, a different side of them was shown in their music video, "Heart to Heart," as well as with their other songs on their album, as they sing lively and upbeat songs showing their "girly" image instead of their previously known "strong and fierce" personalities.

With this, some fans commented:

"It's the opposite of their original color,"
"They're known for their intense music. 4Minute should go back to their original style," and
"I was somehow disappointed to hear this. This is not what I have expected from 'Heart to Heart.'"

However, many Netizens raised their objections towards their comments and shared the following opinions:

"As artists, it is important for them to challenge themselves on transforming into a different image. 4Minute did well in doing this kind of challenge."
"'Heart to Heart' is indeed, a good song in itself. What else do we need?" and
"I hope that Heart to Heart could become a hit!"

Meanwhile, 4Minute's single album - "Heart to Heart" is now available on several sites. You can also enjoy watching the music video at 4minute's official Youtube channel.

Source: NEWSEN
Reporting + Translating + Editing: ashleylovesasia@4-minute.com

#127 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15337 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:21 AM

4Minute earns explosive popularity on YouTube

4minuteofficial's YouTube Channel has almost reached 20,000,000 views for all of their uploaded videos.

In preparation for 4minute's official comeback with a full-length album this month after a long hiatus, individual teaser videos were released in a random order on their official YouTube channel. CUBE Entertainment started everything by revealing each member's concept photos - HyunA wearing her black stockings, Gayoon with her emotional gaze, Jiyoon showing her 2 sided-faces, Jihyun with her glamorous body and Sohyun with her meaningful facial expression.

HyunA's teaser video gathered a lot of interest as it nearly reached 300,000 views in only 3 days!

4Minute’s YouTube popularity remains strong with their previous hit songs. Their intense and powerful performances have captured the interest of many international fans. 4Minute's Debut song, "Hot Issue" and catchy song known as "I My ME Mine" received so much attention that their added total number of views reached 10,000,000 views! Their other hits such as "MUZIK" and "HUH" earned nearly 4,000,000 total views. Their popularity continues to grow as their individual teasers were revealed on their official channel.

A staff from CUBE Entertainment explained, "HyunA's concept for her teaser video has been sexy to show her official entrance to 'legal age' yet we're all surprised with the huge amount of interest that it caused. A site server was even backed down because of it. As each member reveals their teasers with different concepts, interest about their comeback continues to explode."

Meanwhile, 4Minute has officially released their songs and will start their comeback performances in the music shows this month.

Source: Sports Hankooki and 4-Minute
Credits: Koreaboo

#128 Jaygee

Jaygee

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 11:05 AM

4minute reveals album jacket photos from “4MINUTES LEFT”

Posted Image

On April 4th, Cube Entertainment released the album jacket photos from 4minute’s upcoming first album, “4MINUTES LEFT“.

Since it’s their first comeback after a year-long hiatus, the label claimed that they paid extra attention in bringing out the members’ growth and charms in their individual cuts.

Gayoon, who’s been sparking interest amongst fans for her tiny ‘nano ankles’, can be seen with a funky ’swing suit’ paired with a heart-patterned swimming suit. HyunA, who recently transformed into a raven-haired lady, stunned fans with her adorable gaze.

Meanwhile, leader Jihyun left her ‘bagel girl’ image behind for a sweeter look with fiery red hair, and Jiyoon maintained her chic image with a confident look. Finally, maknae Sohyun expressed a boyish charm with her short haircut, which was tempered sweetly with a feminine mini one-piece.

Their title track from their album, “Mirror, Mirror“, will be released on the 5th.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

(credits to: allkpop)

They're all so gorgeous!! I can't wait for their "Mirror, Mirror" MV.. so excited! :thumbsup

Edited by Jaygee, 04 April 2011 - 12:00 PM.

#129 Jaygee

Jaygee

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 12:46 PM

4minute's HyunA puckers up for Gayoon

Posted Image

On April 3rd, 4minute members HyunA and Gayoon shared loving photos of each other through their personal Twitters.

Earlier, the girls stunned with their transformations in their album jacket photos for their upcoming album, “4MINUTES LEFT.” As if playing on their album's feminine and romantic concept, the girls shared new photos that involve HyunA playfully asking for a kiss from Gayoon.

Fans commented, “HyunA and Gayoon, the baby couple,” and “These pictures are amazing!”

4minute will be making their official comeback on April 5th with the release of their first album.

#130 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15337 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:31 PM

Thanks for all the updates Jaygee! :thumbsup

The album and MV for "Mirror, Mirror" has been released!

credits: 4minuteofficial@youtube

#131 Jaygee

Jaygee

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:32 PM

4minute’s Sohyun reveals proof of Gayoon’s ‘nano ankles’

Posted Image

4minute’s Sohyun and Jiyoon have set out to take a look at Gayoon’s ‘nano ankles’ for themselves.

On April 5th, Sohyun tweeted,

“Because everyone keeps saying ‘nano ankles’ ‘nano ankles’, I got curious. So I successfully got a secret photo with Ji-unit unni while Gayoon unni was sleeping!! It’s amazing huh? But…. It’s so thin ㅜㅜㅜ“

In the picture, Sohyun is found sitting besides Gayoon who is indeed sleeping.

Sohyun’s face expresses her amazement at how small Gayoon’s ankles are, as she is able to completely wrap her hand around one.

Fans commented, “I’m so jealousㅜㅜ” “Wow that is so interesting, it’s so thin” and “The both of you are so cute! Gayoon must be really tired”

4minute recently released their “4MINUTES LEFT” album and “Mirror Mirror” MV, and will begin their full-fledged promotional activties this week.

Your welcome. And thank you also for their new MV, they're fantastic there! :)

Edited by Jaygee, 05 April 2011 - 09:33 PM.

#132 Jaygee

Jaygee

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:08 AM

4minute looking exhausted as they prepare for their comeback

Posted Image

Talented girl group 4minute recently unleashed a double-hitter in the form of a new EP and their first official album. Since two new releases mean two new title tracks, the girls have been practicing relentlessly to perfect the choreography for “Heart to Heart” and “Mirror Mirror“.

The result isn’t all that pretty, and in fact, it can be a little alarming for their fans. A photo of the girls from their rehearsal room reveals the exhausted state that their whirlwind preparations have brought them to.

Still, the girls aren’t going to let a little fatigue stop them from killing their official comeback. They’ll kick off their round of promotions through tonight’s episode of Mnet’s “M! Countdown“, where they will perform both title tracks.

We’re sure that these girls are going to put on one heck of a show, so be sure to check back with allkpop for coverage on their comeback stage.

Aww.. I hope they won't get sick of too much practicing; and I know that 4MINUTE will never fail us. ^^ I can't wait to see their performance on Mnet's M! Countdown. :thumbsup

Edited by Jaygee, 07 April 2011 - 10:13 AM.

#133 Jaygee

Jaygee

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:13 PM

4MINUTE's performance on M! Countdown.

HEART TO HEART
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btqd2hvCC04&feature=player_embedded
(credits to: CrazyCarrotExtra)

Edited by Jaygee, 07 April 2011 - 12:16 PM.

#134 Jaygee

Jaygee

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:00 PM

4MINUTE's performance on M! Countdown.

MIRROR, MIRROR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kknVlVvtgGY&feature=player_embedded

I just watched both of their comeback stage, and I have to say that they really were AMAZING! I could really tell that they improved a lot this time especially in their "Mirror, Mirror" performance.. I like their "Heart To Heart" performance but I wish they didn't cut it so that it will be much better and so that it won't sound that it's lacking. ^^ But anyways, LOVE 4MINUTE!! They're perfect! And they were all so beautiful. :iloveyou: :thumbsup

Edited by Jaygee, 09 April 2011 - 09:55 AM.

#135 Jaygee

Jaygee

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 11:02 AM

Stars attend “PUMA Social” launch party

Posted Image

Posted Image

On April 7th, “PUMA“ held their launch party for their global campaign, “PUMA Social“, at a pub in Apgujung, Seoul.

It was a star-studded event that was attended by Kim Na Young, Jung Gyu Woon, Park Jung Min, 4minute, Hyun Woo, Jewelry, Baekga, Rainbow, 2AM’s Seulong, Lee Da Hae, and ZE:A.

The “PUMA Social” campaign was done under the theme of ‘P(Play)’, ‘U(Us)’, ‘M(Music)’, and ‘A(Art)’, and is a collective program combining the genres of sports, music, and the arts. At the launch party, stars could compete in games like bowling, table tennis, pocket ball, darts, foosball, and various arcade games in a tournament-style competition. The final winner received PUMA t-shirts and other prizes.

Edited by Jaygee, 08 April 2011 - 10:20 PM.

#136 Jaygee

Jaygee

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:39 PM

4minute makes a comeback on Music Bank

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlqkBcr_HVA&feature=player_embedded
(credits to: UnknownCarrot170)

The girls look fabulous here. I really love their outfits, their hairs and their performance! :) I hope they'll win with their brand new and great songs. ^^

#137 Jaygee

Jaygee

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 01:55 PM

4MINUTE singing "Mirror, Mirror" on Music Bank!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wJ7OF3cyTQ&feature=player_embedded

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Jaygee, 08 April 2011 - 01:57 PM.

#138 Jaygee

Jaygee

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 08:35 AM

4minute worried about their comeback after a long hiatus

4minute expressed some anxiety about their comeback, saying “Making a comeback after a long hiatus makes us nervous, to be honest.” They added, “Even anxious.”

“Making our comeback in Korea is a big burden for us. While other girl groups worked nonstop, we took a break for a year." They confessed, “Because of this, our biggest worry is that fans might have forgotten us.”

On their new album 4minute said, “Through this album, we’re trying to become closer with our fans. We made the choreography easy so that fans could follow along. We want to be the 4minute that fans want to hear.”

That’s why they picked “Heart to Heart” as their title song – “The song really talks about a girl’s emotions. We were really satisfied with that song, it marks the first time that love is the theme of one of our songs. Before that, most of our songs were about one’s self.”

Finally, to close up, they said, “We hope that you receive our new concept with love. From now on, we will maintain our unique colors and show you the different sides of 4minute.”

4minute’s title track, “Heart to Heart” and their shadow title track “Mirror Mirror” are steadily climbing their way up the real-time charts. In addition, be sure to check out the allkpop review of “Heart to Heart“!

Edited by Jaygee, 09 April 2011 - 09:50 AM.

#139 Jaygee

Jaygee

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 09:51 AM

4MINUTE'S COMEBACK ON MUSIC CORE

"Heart To Heart"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnTH4_I21u0&feature=player_embedded
(credits to: CrazyCarrot270)

I wish they would do the full song of "Heart To Heart" since it's a great song. And plus, we'll get to see the full dance steps. I hope next time, they'll do the the full song. 4MINUTE fighting! :yeah Hope they'll win some awards this year since they improved a lot and they're very awesome during in their performances!

Edited by Jaygee, 09 April 2011 - 10:31 AM.

#140 Jaygee

Jaygee

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 10:32 AM

4MINUTE'S COMEBACK ON MUSIC CORE

"Mirror, Mirror"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIJJJeH-_Ww&feature=player_embedded

#141 Jaygee

Jaygee

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 01:17 PM

4minute's 'spread leg' dance becomes a hot issue

4minute has been successfully making their round of comeback performances however, they have been gaining some criticisms, thanks to the ‘too sexy' nature of their 'spread leg' dance in “Mirror Mirror“.

This 'spread leg' dance occurs after the second verse, where the five girls are on their knees spreading their legs open and closed in a repetitive manner. While the girls wore leggings in the song's music video, they wore short shorts in their live performance, making their dance appear to look more provocative. HyunA's additional sensuous movement's only added to this impression.

The majority of netizens have criticized, “How could they just spread their legs like that?” “Maknae Sohyun is still underage” “Gives off the feeling of a gentlemen's club. Are you really singers?” and “It's awkward to watch“.

Meanwhile, other netizens defended, “Who cares? They look sexy and cool.” “If you put it that way, then Ga-In should not have been able to do her solo ‘Abracadabra' dance” and “Raina was more severe”

In my own opinion, I don't see anything wrong with it.. when I first saw that dance move, I was a bit shocked too but because I think it's another unique move from them. That's what 4MINUTE's known to be -- beautiful and sexy! That's their image already, so people shouldn't criticize them like that. They worked hard for it too. And I'm not just saying this because I'm a 4MINUTE fan. I hope people will just love and support them for all their hard work. :)

#142 Jaygee

Jaygee

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 09:33 AM

4minute makes a comeback on Inkigayo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaS49SeAoPk&feature=player_embedded
(credits to: CrazyCarrot370)

Oh, I love their hairstyles.. Jihyun's "carrot hair" is back! She's so adorable as well as the rest of the members. I hope they'll also change Hyuna and Jiyoon's hairstyles in their performances and also in love with all their unique and sexy outfits. Jokwon is so funny and Gikwang is so handsome as ever; I love them together with 4MINUTE. :D

Edited by Jaygee, 10 April 2011 - 09:37 AM.

#143 Jaygee

Jaygee

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 10:19 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8RVhlLt_hA&feature=player_embedded

#144 Jaygee

Jaygee

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 11:05 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJL4VhRX8pA&feature=player_embedded

#145 Jaygee

Jaygee

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 10:19 PM

The lovely girls from 4MINUTE! :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
(credits to: Hyuna and Sohyun's twitters)

#146 Jaygee

Jaygee

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:16 AM

4minute will not be changing their 'spread leg' choreography

Posted Image

4minute's comeback has been earning endless headlines for their 'spread leg dance' in “Mirror Mirror“, which many believe is too provocative to be performed on TV.

As the controversy continues to escalate, representatives of Cube Entertainment took the time to clarify the matter through Star News:

“It is not a provocative dance performance, but rather a form of expression.

It was our adaptation of the expression, ‘Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?' This can be seen in the members' gaze and facial expressions – all of which are an expression of the song's concept.

Why are performances put on by figure skaters and synchronized swimmers regarded as art, but performances by singers are automatically sexually suggestive? Music programs, at first, did say that it was rather out there but they acknowledged it as a form of performance.

Just because the choreography has been put on the chopping block of controversy does not mean we will be making changes to it. We will be continuing to promote with it on broadcast programs.”

Despite Cube Entertainment's statement, viewers were concerned with the fact that the girls were forced to wear knee-pads in order to perform the seconds-long 'spread leg' dance, and questioned whether it was worth it.

They were also quick to notice the bruises all over the girls' knees and legs, showing the months of preparation the girls put into the choreography.

Another representative responded, “We do tell them to be careful every time they rehearse, but the girls themselves are very devoted in their practice, which is why the bruises have come about. There is no longer a risk of injury as we have gotten them efficient knee-pads.”

I'm happy that they didn't change the choreography of the dance because I think it's very unique, sexy and cool.. 4MINUTE has really worked hard for it, I just hope that all the controversy about this "spread leg" dance move will already stop and people will just support 4MINUTE. :)

#147 Jaygee

Jaygee

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 11:00 AM

Cube Entertainment gives in to considering the modification of 4minute's 'spread leg' dance

After releasing a statement earlier to defend their argument in keeping 4minute's 'spread leg dance' in ‘Mirror Mirror', Cube Entertainment came forth again to state that they are open to considering the modification of the choreography due to viewers feeling uncomfortable.

On April 11th, Cube Entertainment's Hong Seung Sung CEO spoke through Star News, “In the perspective of the company or the singer, we don't believe that the dance of ‘Mirror Mirror' is provocative at all.”

“The dance for “Mirror Mirror” was created to match the general mood of the song itself. With that being said, we still believe that the dance for this song is not provocative, but if many viewers and netizens have a different opinion, however disappointing, we will seriously consider modifying the dance moves.”

#148 Jaygee

Jaygee

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:16 PM

The beautiful and sexy 4MINUTE girls. :iloveyou:

Posted Image

Posted Image
(credits to: photobucket)

#149 Jaygee

Jaygee

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 09:41 AM

KBS to ban 'spread leg' dance from “Music Bank”

Following the recent controversy over the provocative 'spread leg' choreographies by 4minute and Rania, KBS has become the first public broadcast company to ban such dance moves from their show.

On April 11th, “Music Bank” PD Kwon Jae Young announced that he plans to impose restrictions on their choreography. As of April 15th, groups who do not modify their dance moves will not be able to perform on “Music Bank” next week.

Kwon PD stated, “We can no longer tolerate the provocative choreography of the “spread leg” dance.” He believed that he could no longer stand indifferent towards the fact that the content of “Music Bank” could have an adverse influence on the young viewers of the show.

“Music Bank” currently has a age rating of 15 and over.

4minute recently came forth with an announcement that they will put in serious consideration over the modification of their 'spread leg' dance due to the controversial opinions of netizens and viewers.

#150 Jaygee

Jaygee

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:20 AM

4minute to replace their controversial ’spread leg’ dance

4minute has officially put an end to their ’spread leg’ choreography controversy by announcing that they will no longer be performing it.

On April 12th, CEO Hong Seung Sung of Cube Entertainment spoke through Star News and stated, “We have decided to change a portion of the choreography for ‘Mirror Mirror.”

He continued, “We will be taking out the part where they kneel on the floor and instead replace it with something else.”

As previously reported, Cube Entertainment had considered editing their choreography due to the controversy surrounding the dance. KBS later went ahead by banning the ’spread leg’ dance altogether from their music program, “Music Bank.”

4minute will be showing off the edited choreography for their future performances.

Edited by Jaygee, 12 April 2011 - 10:20 AM.

#151 Jaygee

Jaygee

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 11:55 AM

4minute on their knee pads, choreography, and girl group competition

Posted Image

Kneepads aren’t accessories one would normally associate with girl group outfits. When put on 4minute, however, even the most mundane of items turn into something special and eye-catching.

Although they’ve already been put on the chopping block numerous times for their provocative choreography, their powerful kneepad-requiring ’spread leg’ dance not only put their male fans in a frenzy, but still managed to catch headlines and separate them from their peers.

Gayoon revealed, “We decided to wear kneepads a day before our first broadcast. We never even thought of it until then; how foolish of us (laughter).”

Maknae Sohyun added, “We actually thought of wearing long pants instead because our legs were already so bruised from rehearsals. All we wanted to do was show our best, so we really didn’t feel any pain.”

Their “Mirror, Mirror” comeback, although controversial, has captivated fans with 78 repetitions of the term ‘mirror’, and of course, their ’spread leg’ dance. The members themselves, however, claim that they had not anticipated the controversy.

HyunA commented, “It’s sexy. Definitely not anything cute (laughter). I was so into our performance that I didn’t know why people were raving over it at first.”

Jiyoon stated, “I think our female fans feel vicarious through our powerful and confident images. They’re our biggest strengths, but with our recent comeback, I feel that we’ve gotten a lot more male fans. I should be happy, right? (laughter).”

On the topic of fans, the girls have garnered a formidable fanbase overseas through their frequent international promotions. Through the experience, they’ve returned with confidence and with a stronger sense of teamwork.

HyunA stated, “We had two tours in Japan and ranked well with each of our singles. Seeing more and more fans of powerful music makes us realize that music truly has no boundaries.”

The year they’ve been gone has been one of the busiest year for girl groups though, and that flood is still unending. There’s a slew of new junior girl groups benchmarking 4minute, and the market competition is fiercer than ever.

The girls revealed that they do feel more competitive now with more girl groups on the market, but assured fans that they’re more than ready to compete, as long as they had herbal medicine to keep their stamina up.

Jiyoon commented, “With more and more performance oriented girl groups debuting, I feel that we can’t just crumble at this point in our careers. On the other hand, I am proud because it feels like we’ve become role models. There may be a lot of similar girl groups, but I’d rather succeed through something only we can do.”

Jihyun concluded, “Before we began our promotions, we were worried as to whether we’d be able to pull it off. Now that we’re going through things one by one, we feel alive. We may be foolish in obsessing over the more difficult and complex performance styles, but that’s who we are.”

4MINUTE 4EVER!!!!! :yeah I believe in you girls.. I know that you'll be able to have more achievements in the near future. Just keep up your hard work and determination. Us, 4nia will always be here to support and love you no matter what. :)

Edited by Jaygee, 12 April 2011 - 11:57 AM.

#152 Jaygee

Jaygee

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:01 PM

4minute beats Big Bang on online charts with 'Mirror, Mirror', experiences a huge increase in popularity

4minute's 'Mirror, Mirror' ranked first on various online music charts.

In the afternoon of April 12th, 4minute beat Big Bang's 'Love Song' on various online music charts such as Mnet, Dosirak, Soribada, Cyworld, Monkey3. They swept the first spot and are now seen dominating the charts.

At first, 4minute, who released 'Mirror, Mirror' and 'Heart to Heart' previously, kind of struggled on online music charts. However, through their fancy performances and stage mannerism, they have captivated music fans and hence skyrocketed up online music charts.

They demonstrated the power of a typical girl group that relies on performances. The performances of their two title tracks, in which the dynamics are evenly distributed, entertained the music fans. They have been praised for their overwhelming performances : not only the cute dance routine that matches the mood of the songs but also the "mirror dance" and the "sweeping floor dance", their movements and their facial expressions when acting on stage have been enjoyed by the fans.

Source : Newsen via NATE
Translating & editing : Meeli @4-minute.com
Credits to: Choco ~ Latte @ AF

I am so proud of our 4MINUTE girls!!!!! Yehey, congratulations to them! clapclap I knew that all their hard work will pay off one day -- I hope more and more people will keep supporting our girls and I know that they'll still reach higher and will receive a lot more awards in the near future. Let's just keep on loving and supporting 4MINUTE 'till the end. :yeah

Edited by Jaygee, 13 April 2011 - 01:01 PM.

#153 Jaygee

Jaygee

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:39 PM

Today's MCD Top 10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK6GEBfVe3s&feature=player_embedded

I'm so happy that they're on top 10; I'm very happy and proud of our girls. :) I hope they'll win an award for their performance. ^^ Go 4MINUTE!

#154 Jaygee

Jaygee

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 02:35 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2vlLwQXIEY&feature=player_embedded

In this performance, you will see the new choreography for their "Mirror, Mirror" dance. They only changed the 'spread leg' dance part.. the new one is wonderful too but I sure do miss their 'spread leg' dance. But anyways, the girls still look fabulous in here and they performed really well. Pray that they'll be the next #1! :blush

#155 Watermelon♥

Watermelon♥

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:48 PM

i love 4minute!

been watching the variety show "Boquet" in which 4minute have appeared in a lot of the episodes,
i used to love HyunA the most because she's hot and can dance so well xD
but omg,Ji Yoon is so cute!! when she does the aegyo...never knew she was that cute >__<

#156 Jaygee

Jaygee

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:21 AM

Hi there stan182. Yeah, 4MINUTE definitely is just amazing and really beautiful. At first, I was a very big fan of Hyuna too but I started liking Jiyoon and I thought she would already be my favorite but then, I just fell in love with Jihyun. ^_^* Well, it's kinda hard to know who's your favorite among these girls because they're just all talented. I love all of them.. have you already heard for their new songs? Aren't they just beautiful and so addictive. XD

#157 Jaygee

Jaygee

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 11:35 AM

Why did 4minute decline the offer to debut in Europe?

It has been revealed that girl group, 4minute, got an offer to tour Europe but unfortunately declined the offer.

A staff associated with 4minute spoke with Osen recently and reported "Last year, 4minute got an offer to tour at 4 different clubs in Europe. It was a really great opportunity but unfortunately, we had to decline it because some of the members are underage."

Continuing on, the staff said "Thanks to 4minute's refined music and color, it looks like many of the clubs in Europe are responding positively."

4minute's songs are on iTunes and YouTube; through them, they are able to meet their fans from all over the world. The response from YouTube is especially amazing.

The staff also revealed "When we see overseas fans uploading covers of 4minute online, it’s mostly European fans and their response is very quick."

4minute’s newly released songs, Mirror Mirror and Heart to Heart, are currently gaining popularity.

Source : OSEN and hellokpop
Reporting : Meeli @4-minute.com
Credits to: Choco ~ Latte @ AF

Aww, it's a shame that 4Minute can't go.. but it's okay because there are still a lot of opportunities for them. Their fans will keep on increasing and increasing as time goes by and even if there are a lot of new girl groups that are formed these days. :D

Edited by Jaygee, 15 April 2011 - 11:41 AM.

#158 Jaygee

Jaygee

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 12:15 PM

4Minute performing "Mirror, Mirror" on Music Bank

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5wSTxidvdc&feature=player_embedded

My gosh, I really love their outfits here.. it's shining just like our 4Minute girls. :P They made another choreography for the replacement of their 'spread leg' dance. Umm, I don't know which is better.. the one yesterday or today because the girls just kill it. They're really fantastic in their performance especially Jihyun now.. she really has been improving ever since their come back. And I just love it every time she flips her hair.. so sexy. haha. Praying very hard that they'll win next week.. and I hope they'll also perform "Heart To Heart" completely -- no cuts. I miss hearing that song and miss seeing their cute performances there. ^^

#159 Jaygee

Jaygee

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:03 PM

4Minute Changes Their Choreography

After all of the controversy surrounding 4Minute‘s new dance move, they have decided to alter the choreography. On the 14th, 4Minute performed their two songs; Heart to Heart, and Mirror Mirror on Mnet’s music program M Countdown. The two songs contrast in styles with Mirror Mirror having a more mature and sexy concept.

They removed the spread leg dance that has caused much controversy. Instead of the spread leg dance they added in a wave that complements the female figure and still stays with their sexy concept. 4Minute is making their comeback after a year and seven months with the song Mirror Mirror. Cube Entertainment has stated that:

“We changed the choreography due to complaints from the viewers and broadcast stations. We removed the problem choreography and there have been no complaints. We have high expectations for the new choreography.”

(credits to: hellokpop)

I really wasn't happy when they changed their choreography.. but I was also still happy because the girls did a very wonderful job with their new dance steps. :thumbsup And I hope we'll be able to see their "Heart To Heart" performance. ^^

Edited by Jaygee, 15 April 2011 - 10:40 PM.

#160 Jaygee

Jaygee

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 01:32 PM

4Minute performing in Music Core

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9-VEjwnT3w&feature=player_embedded

As always, outstanding performance from our girls. :) And also love their new outfits.. very sexy, haha.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: korea, 4minute

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google Mobile (1), Google (2)