foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39571 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:36 PM

Eevee:

Hey you're back!

It was no need for their scenes but I'm assuming they're going to be couples in this series so one way or another they got to build their storyline. So I guess that's one way of building their storyline. So I'm assuming Pierre doesn't pair up with anyone? Or possibly he might pair up with Celine. What a funny couple then!

Now that you mention it Rosina's situation is just like Leila's. Poor Leila and Rosina; have the acting skills but not promoted. I'm a huge Leila fan and I'm dumped out by this. But as a fan of Leila I'm happy for her for where she is at right now. Too bad she doesn't film for TVB bu great to watch 2 series from her from HKTV.

Agreed, my grandma was all praising Kristal as well.  I was glad that she won Best Actress award. She's a born comedian as well. The scene where Eddie was telling her how much commission she would be earning was so funny. The expressions on her face was priceless. 

See you soon...

#29722 Hachiman Hikigaya

Hachiman Hikigaya

Asian Fanatic

• Trial Crew
  • 3237 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 01:47 PM

foreverleila:

I believe Pierre isn't pairing with anyone ... it will be hilarious if it's really Celine since she do have some interest in him as seen in the first episode. 

I love Leila too ... and right now Rosina is indeed walking her footsteps because bad news, Rosina's contract with tvb is ending next year ... I didn't expect this to happen so I'm very surprised after all Rosina has only been with tvb for a few years. I guess she will be those that will only film one series per year after next year or something? It's a shame though ... because in my opinion, Rosina has proved to us, audience that she can act pretty well and I will say she's the best of the bunch among Sisley, Grace, Tracy, Rebecca, etc. What do you think? 

Yea, Kristal is really good at facial expressions be it happy, sad or comedy. I felt that she can handle any roles given to her be it big or small, emotional or comedy. 

#29723 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39571 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 09:45 PM

Eevee:

Hey you're back!

I think it would be funny too, but indeed Celine does have some feelings for him. Have you watched last night's episode? It was even more funny of how Vivien got bite by a crab. She definitely deserves it. 

Oh Rosina's contract ending so soon. I thought she would have at least sign a 10 year contract with TVB. I guess she didn't. Rosina has definitely proved to us that she can take on some meatier roles. It's only too bad TVB doesn't give her opportunities. Hopefully TVB will give her some good offers when her contract's ending so they can keep her. 

Its good that TVB sees the good side and give her leading roles. 

See you soon...

#29724 Hachiman Hikigaya

Hachiman Hikigaya

Asian Fanatic

• Trial Crew
  • 3237 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 04:44 AM

foreverleila:

Yup indeed. Nope I haven't been catching up on Ghost of Relativity ... i'm very behind in terms of episodes. I kinda lost a bit of motivation to continue watching it due to the three guys and girls story line which was a big drag and minus point for me. I will catch up on it soon ... but I think Vivien did quite well in this series ... her best one was A Great Way to Care where she played the plump girl so this is a new breakthrough for her playing a seductress.

TVB always gives Rosina smaller series which I can understand why she is cutting down her workload since its not much of a point when tvb doesn't fully utilize her. Its a shame tvb is losing another talented actress ... 

After watching the two promo clips of The Fixer, man, I'm so excited ... 10 more days for it. Tracy Chu might really shine in this one since she has lots of different image as a hacker. I definitely hope this can help her snag the most improved award this year. 

Mandy seems to have start work today for a new series ... she plays a teacher. 

Net Deception is airing in my country right now, I just happen to see the first episode on tv earlier, looks quite good ... and I believe this is the first time Jack Wu is in a big role. But strangely, I heard its a warehoused series. TVB is wasting their money then. 

Edited by Hachiman Hikigaya, 31 July 2015 - 11:18 AM.

#29725 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39571 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:14 PM

Eevee:

Hey you're back!

I'm sort of starting to dislike Nancy's character a bit. I think you will see what I mean when you watch further. Don't want to talk about it too much since I don't want to spoil it for you.

I agree, I think Vivien's acting in this series is pretty good, despite the fact that she's not a likable character. But she sort of exit out of the series after that crab scene. I wonder if she's going to come back?

Rosina's character in Eye in the Sky was such wasted. They can find anyone to play for her. I remember we were talking about it when Eye in the Sky was airing. Luckily she got a bigger role in Young Charioteers.

I think acting as a hacker is a breakthrough role for Tracy. She's never played these types of characters before. But this year, Tracy has been given some good roles paving a way for her Most Improved Award, if only she wins. I'm hoping she will though.

It seems like both Mandy and Him dropped out of the kungfu series right?

I remember that series but not the whole. I only remember some of the people in there. The main were Myolie and Wong Hei. That's all that I remember.

See you soon...

#29726 Hachiman Hikigaya

Hachiman Hikigaya

Asian Fanatic

• Trial Crew
  • 3237 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 07:40 AM

foreverleila:

I see so it looks like Nancy's char will turn unlikable? I have to say I am quite disappointed with the series because it really started off quite good but as it progress, the story becomes quite draggy because nothing really big is happening at all. I think Vivien will probably be back. 

Rosina is always playing 2nd female lead roles that has very limited screentime ... I thought she's awesome in Young Charioteers but tvb just tries to ignore her effort and the media all hypes up Sisley instead of her. this is quite unfair. 

Yea, it's a new role for Tracy indeed. I can't wait to see her performance but she won't come out in the first week though ... she only appears on the second half of the series. I hope she can win most improved too. 

Yup. It's a shame but then, Mandy opting out is not a bad thing either after all you know in male oriented series, the female lead's screentime is crap... its like playing a big supporting role in it that only serves as a love interest. Eye in the Sky proofs it.

#29727 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39571 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 12:32 AM

Eevee:

Hey you're back!

In my opinion, I think Nancy's character is unlikable at the moment. Maybe you'll think differently when you keep watching. Though the series is a bit draggy, but it has some comedic scenes in there which will make you laugh. 

I think the love triangle with Nancy's dad, Hong Wai and Mimi is a bit draggy. 

I thought Rosina performed quite well in Young Charioteers as well. I think Rosina is really improving as an actress. I honestly think if TVB gives her more chances someday she can take on a lead role.

Oh darn, only in the second half of the series. Is the series 30 episodes then?

I'm just hoping Him and Mandy will be able to be in a series together someday after I was quite disappointed that both left.

See you soon...

#29728 Hachiman Hikigaya

Hachiman Hikigaya

Asian Fanatic

• Trial Crew
  • 3237 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:40 PM

foreverleila:

I see. I haven't been watching yet because I heard the reviews aren't too good anymore ... btw, do you think 28 episodes is too long for this series? I kinda have a thought to give this series up somehow even though I'm already on episode 11 ... do you think I should give it up? 

I think so too. I've already like watching Rosina since Outbound Love. I thought her acting is really good for a newcomer and she doesn't make up news to promote herself but rather humbly doing well for each of her coming roles. She did mentioned before in a interview that she doesn't act just to get awards but rather she just wants audiences to see that she has improvement each time they sees her in a new series. I really like her hard working, down to earth personality even though she hardly has news. 

Yup. Tracy's only in the 2nd half of the series. I wished this series was 30 episodes but sadly ... its 21. I honestly think the episodes should've swapped with Ghost of Relativity. Ghost is very unnecessary to have so many episodes. 

Yea same but the chances aren't high considering Him Law is filming movies more these days. Either way, I will be happy whenever I see Mandy is leading a new series. 

btw, between Brick Slaves and The Fixer, after watching the official trailer released, I have a feeling The Fixer will outbeat Brick Slaves for sure. 

#29729 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39571 posts

Posted Today, 01:18 AM

Eevee:

Hey you're back!

Honestly I think 28 episodes is a bit too long for the series. I think 20 episodes of 25 episodes would be good. I mean there are still some funny parts in between. But how Nancy's getting jealous because Moses likes Kristal is a bit weird. After all, Nancy is dead, I mean she doesn't expect Moses to keep waiting for her does she?

I don't remember from which series I'm okay with Rosina. But I think her acting's quite okay for a newcomer in the beginning to start with. I think over the years she has improvement in her acting. I remember seeing her in one interview she said that she wants audience to recognize her as Lin Xia Wei and not Raymond Lam's cousin. I honestly think she has went beyond that. I'm quite happy for her. 

Oh really? I thought it would have been 25 episodes. Seems like 21 isn't all that much, especially when you're saying that the second female lead is coming only in halfway through the series. 

Have you watched Brick Slaves yet?

See you soon...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users