foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39069 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 07:27 AM

Eevee:

Hey you're back!

Roger's win was very well deserved last year. I thought both of their winnings was very well deserved. This year, I really don't know. I guess there's Linda, Kate and Liza this year for Best Actress. As for Best Actor, I can only see Joe and Damian. Though Ruco was quite good, but I don't TVB will give him the Best Actor yet.

I know right. She was playing a 40 year old in Raising the Bar. When I looked at the age category, I was like really. A 40 year old woman, she doesn't look around that age at all. 

See you soon...

Page 742! clapclap

#29642 Hachiman Hikigaya

Hachiman Hikigaya

a week's break

• Trial Crew
  • 3160 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 12:03 PM

foreverleila:

I believe Linda will stand some chances this year since her role is quite popular in Limelight Years... wouldn't say the same about Kate since I believe audiences will forget about her by awards time since Smooth Talker is her only series and is aired early. Liza will be very strong this year ... besides Limelight Years, she still takes the lead in Master of Destiny. I believe Liza will nominate for Master of Destiny... I think I will keep a look out on Nancy Wu. She may stand some chances.

Yea. Don't think tvb will give Ruco this award so early too besides this year, he isn't the 1st lead in his drama... Eye in the Sky is Kevin, Captain of Destiny is Tony. He is 2nd lead in both. I reckon its Kenneth Ma or Anthony Wong this year ... 

btw, can't wait to watch Wudang Rules tomorrow ;)

Edited by Eeveee, 24 May 2015 - 03:39 PM.

#29643 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39069 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 05:36 PM

Eevee:
Hey you're back!

Oh yeah Liza still has Master of Destiny. How can I forget about that? But I sort of hope that someone new will win since Liza has already won the award. Nancy still has Eunuchs Leave the Palace. I think she might stand a chance for the award for this series.

It would be nice if Ruco can win something. But then Most Improve doesn't suit him. I think Hugo Wong has a chance for Most Improve this year.

I can't wait either!

See you soon...

#29644 Hachiman Hikigaya

Hachiman Hikigaya

a week's break

• Trial Crew
  • 3160 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 12:27 PM

foreverleila:

Yea I hope someone new will win this too ... same goes for Best Actor. I think Ruco will be empty handed this year, his roles are not as prominent this year. I have the same thoughts about Hugo too... he likely will make it in this year since he's in lots of series but I do think fight is between Benjamin and Tony this year.

Let's hope Wudang Rules will be good. I really like the theme song though. 

Edited by Eeveee, 25 May 2015 - 03:29 PM.

#29645 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39069 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 06:53 PM

Eevee:

Hey you're back!

I have a feeling about Ruco too. I thought it's it a bit fast for him to win Best Actor. I think a lot of netizens will complain and think he doesn't deserve it just like when Kevin won back in 2006 for his role in Under the Canopy of Love. But I know Ruco will win someday. His acting is quite good compared to other best actors that have won in the past. 

Watched the ending for Limelight Years last night and I quite enjoyed watching the ending.

I'm going to watch it tonight and I'm excited.

See you soon...

#29646 Hachiman Hikigaya

Hachiman Hikigaya

a week's break

• Trial Crew
  • 3160 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:32 PM

foreverleila:

I think Ruco won once ... its in another country, starhub or astro if I'm right. I personally think Ruco's acting chops is already enough to win this award ... because he really acts very well. But then, fans of Kenneth, Ron, Bosco, etc ... probably won't be too happy about it after all they enter the industry earlier than Ruco does. 

Wudang Trend's 1st episode is quite okay so far ... Tavia's screentime isn't a lot though and I do think despite Chin Siu Ho left tvb for many years, his comeback performance is natural ... there isn't any stiffness in his acting. It does looks like Tavia has some misunderstanding towards Yuen Chau though. 

btw, Mandy seems to have rise up to lead roles already ... she seems to have join the kungfu series filming in august as the female lead from other sites. I'm very happy for her though, good that she didn't fall back to supporting roles after receiving her 1st lead in The Fixer... unlike Natalie who drop back to supporting again. 

#29647 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39069 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:41 PM

Eevee:
Hey you're back!

He won last year with Charmaine. I thought he quite deserved it. Wasn't it for his role in All That is Bitter is Sweet. His acting was quite good and the ending is quite memorable.
I think you are right about that part. Those fans would be quite unhappy.

Yup the first episode started off pretty well. The scenery was pretty nice in the beginning.
I like Derek's character. He's quite cute. Johnathn's character is quite different from his previous ones. He usually plays those cool types.
Hopefully there's going to be more Tavia scenes in today's episode.

I'm happy to hear that Mandy's filming the kung fun series with Him and she's lead. I'm hoping her lead series are well received and she keeps playing lead roles. I think Mandy's totally ready for it.

See you soon....

#29648 Hachiman Hikigaya

Hachiman Hikigaya

a week's break

• Trial Crew
  • 3160 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 04:27 AM

foreverleila:

I think Ruco won for his role in Outbound Love which isn't really a wow role ... but his acting is okay. 

Yup. The 2nd and 3rd episodes are not bad as well. Haven't really seen Johnathan playing these type of roles and he is just so funny in here. Speaking of Derek's char, I wonder if he will regain his memory? I have a feeling if he does, he will become an antagonist because in the theme video, his other image seems to be the real gangster. Tavia's screentime isn't a lot so far ... hopefully there will be more later? Her char isn't that likable at the moment though. I really wonder which series Tavia will nominate for Best Actress this year since her roles seems more like supporting despite being the 1st lead. 

Yea, I hope Mandy will keep getting lead roles to play too ... still waiting for a modern series that stars Mandy, Him and Benjamin in a love triangle ... hopefully someday it can happen. 

Edited by Eeveee, 28 May 2015 - 04:43 AM.

#29649 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39069 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 05:40 AM

Eevee:

Hey you're back!

Oh really? I thought his character in All That Bitter is Sweet made him won. It was much better than his role in Outbound Love.

Yup. The second and third episodes aren't bad so far. I'm enjoying the scenery so far. I crack up at Johnathan's character when he loses his breath by just doing something very slow. I enjoyed watching the first part of episode 3. It finally shows the relationship between Chin Siu Ho, Tavia and Yoyo. From the themevideo, Derek's character does seem like the gangster. But I really like his character right now so far. 

Tavia's character...I don't really like it so far either. She doesn't take the time to understand her mom. I think as a mom, she wouldn't want to leave her own daughter either. There must be something behind it. What I don't like is that she went up to Mo Dong San isn't to visit Yuen Chau but for a project and she's all lying about it.

Me too! I'm watching for the love triangle. But then I don't know who I want her to end up with. Sigh...such a hard decision.

See you soon...

#29650 Hachiman Hikigaya

Hachiman Hikigaya

a week's break

• Trial Crew
  • 3160 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 04:57 PM

foreverleila:

Yea but the fans preferred Outbound Love I think because from what I've seen, All That Bitter is Sweet isn't that popular with the audiences ...

I'm enjoying the scenaries as well... looks like a really peaceful place. Yea. Johnathan is really funny in this one ... I LOL'd when his voice loses direction but don't really like the way he treats Toby though ... The relationship between Siu Ho and Yoyo ... seems quite sad. I wonder is she dead or just not found? I agree with you about Tavia's char ... I can't believe she will do anything just for a project. 

haha! yea me too! I really like her with both of them ... its hard to decide. But I'm just very happy to see Mandy getting lead roles one after another ... hope this maintains! She is kinda like the female ruco chan... able to play good and evil roles very well. 

given the recent promotion ... its sad but have to say Eliza, Mandy, Tracy, Sisley and Grace are likely gonna overtake Nancy, Sharon, Natalie, Selena and Elaine ... as they didn't really take too long to get their 1st lead role. 

Edited by Eeveee, 28 May 2015 - 04:59 PM.

#29651 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39069 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 05:44 PM

Eevee:
Hey you're back!

Is Johnathan and Toby going to be a couple in this series? If they are, I think they will make a funny couple.
there still are some scenes shown in the theme video with You that we haven't seen, but maybe those are flashback scenes.
I wonder if Yuen Chau is going to find out in today's episode?

Well if there's a love triangle like that I just hope she gets equal amount of screen time with both.
I hope Mandy will be able to maintain as well.

I quite like Selena as well. She's always portray supporting. Out of their batch, I think Selena is the only one that hasn't had the chance to play lead.

See you soon....

#29652 Hachiman Hikigaya

Hachiman Hikigaya

a week's break

• Trial Crew
  • 3160 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:01 AM

foreverleila:

I think they will be a couple towards the end. Johnathan's character is refreshing this time but then his performance isn't that good ... its way too exaggerated and loud in my opinion. I do hope he tones it down a little in the later episodes.

Kinda wish Yoyo had a bigger role ... but tvb just don't give it to her. 

Yea, same. I like Selena as well. She actually did play lead roles in several drama. She's lead in Gloves Come Off, The Life and Times of a Sentinel, Ghost Dragon of Cold Mountain and upcoming series, Brick Slaves. That batch, Natalie and Nancy are the ones who took the longest to land themselves their 1st lead role.  

Edited by Eeveee, 29 May 2015 - 07:04 AM.

#29653 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39069 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:15 AM

Eevee:

Hey you're back!

I feel like Johnathan's acting brings in some exaggeration at times, especially when he's breathing hard.

In the themevideo, I believe I see Toby dressed up in a swim suit with Johnathan beside her, so I think they will become a couple eventually. 

I'm hoping Yoyo's scenes aren't just flashback scenes. I hope she didn't really die and is just missing for the time being.

I really forgot about those series already. Yes she was the lead on those. I like her pairing with Steven in The Life and Times of a Sentinel but only too bad they didn't end up together and she died at the end.

I like the Kenneth and Selena pairing too. 

Hope someday TVB will give her chances in the new future. But I guess Selena sort of saw her chances in TVB were getting slimmer and that is why she went out to start her own business.

See you soon...

#29654 Hachiman Hikigaya

Hachiman Hikigaya

a week's break

• Trial Crew
  • 3160 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 02:22 PM

foreverleila:

Speaking of Toby Leung, I find that her acting has improved tremendously after leaving tvb ... she is no longer part of the biological daughters group. She now has one series per year contract with tvb since she has her own business now. I still remember how unbearable her acting was back then ... but right now when I look at her, I find her very good to watch.

Yea, I'm hoping Yoyo is still alive too ... but I am predicting maybe she will come back when Siu Ho and Tavia develop feelings for each other .. at the very wrong timing. its always like this so it will have some climax. 

I haven't watch The Life and Times of a Sentinel since I heard the reviews aren't too good. I like Kenneth and Selena's pairing too. I was hoping they'd end up together in The Four but nope ... well, at least they ended up in Fistful of Stances and Ghost Dragon. Selena these days kinda only film one series per year for tvb ... which was a shame. She film some english shows in my country as well ... it's only too bad she didn't win any awards in tvb ... I thought she should have won most improved actress award in year 2010 ... I find her more deserving than Natalie ... 

Edited by Eeveee, 29 May 2015 - 02:26 PM.

#29655 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39069 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 05:40 PM

Eevee:
Hey you're back!

Toby has improved in her acting. I will admit to that. I remember her first series which was Men in Pain. I remember all the criticisms for her acting. She has her own business? What is it?

I believe it will be like that. It's a tactic from TVB.

They sort of ended up together in The Four. It's just that she didn't want to get married yet because of her father's kung fun school. But I'm glad they had happy endings in other series.
I honestly think if she got an award I think TVB would promote her more.

See you soon...

#29656 Hachiman Hikigaya

Hachiman Hikigaya

a week's break

• Trial Crew
  • 3160 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 06:32 PM

foreverleila:

Toby owns a wedding bridal shop. I assume its doing well since she didn't renew her contract with tvb which is a smart move though because given her looks, she isn't the type tvb will promote to lead actress and her audience fate is rather low too plus unluckily her period to rise up clashes with the Kate/Fala period. 

I think its refreshing to have a kung fu series once in a while ... its been quite a while since tvb did a similar genre. Enjoying Wudang Rules so far. I can't believe Tavia is the one who stole everyone's stuffs ... poor Kibby and Mandy... punished due to Tavia. Looks like Jason will appear in the next episode. 

But its too late now ... her time is over somehow since tvb already has people they want to promote like Eliza, Mandy, Tracy, Sisley, Grace and Moon. 

#29657 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39069 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:24 PM

Eevee:

Hey you're back!

Oh yeah huh. I remember news reports of Him and Toby talking pictures for her bridal store. I'm glad that Toby's business is doing well. But it seems like Toby's roles are getting worse and worse too. Doesn't seem like TVB wants to promote her more.

I haven't watch today's episode yet but Tavia was the one making up those ghost stories to make everyone scared. Johnathan is too funny in here despite his exaggeration in here.

I'm okay with everyone else in this new batch except fr Sisley. Hoping she will start to improve just a bit more. 

See you soon...

#29658 Hachiman Hikigaya

Hachiman Hikigaya

a week's break

• Trial Crew
  • 3160 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 05:13 AM

foreverleila:

Yes. Toby's roles aren't that prominent anymore but that's because she left tvb so yea...

Tavia's char is not likable so far ... she's quite scheming. 

Btw, I am going in-active for quite a while since I am starting school soon ... for my degree in arts. 

#29659 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39069 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 06:35 AM

Eevee:

Hey you're back!

Just finished watching today's episode, luckily Tavia did say that she was the one that was stealing. But I don't really think Gwai Gwia and Dao Dao really got punished that way. It was their plan to make Tavia tell the truth. 

I think there's something with Timmy's character. He's always saying he doesn't have enough time. Is he sick or something?

I enjoyed watching the Yoyo flashback scenes.

Okay. Good luck with your studies!

See you soon...

#29660 Hachiman Hikigaya

Hachiman Hikigaya

a week's break

• Trial Crew
  • 3160 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 06:28 AM

foreverleila:

Hey. Been away for quite some time. Kinda have some time today and wanted to chill for a while heh. Have you been catching up on Wudang Rules? I find that yoyo portrayed her role really well ... she really connect Siu Ho and Tavia together. Even though her screentime isn't a lot but in each and every one of her scenes, I think she did a superb job ... how I wish tvb would give her more chances ... she's very deserving of a bigger role. I kinda warm up to Johnathan's char in the later episodes. 

btw, heard that Nancy's ghost series with Moses will air right after Empress of China. Can't wait for that. 

Studies have been going rather smoothly for me, been learning a lot. I'll be back in late july/early august for summer break. 

#29661 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39069 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 07:47 AM

Eevee:

Hey you're back!

Great to see you back. Yes I'm off for summer break right now so I have plenty of time to watch. 

I enjoy watching the Yoyo parts too. It's only too bad that she's only in flashback scenes. Have you watched up to episode 15? Don't want to talk more about Yoyo's character if you haven't watch up to episode 15. I agree with Yoyo's acting. I'm hearing a lot of praises of her acting too.

Johnathan's character isn't as bad as I thought. I find his character to be hilarious honestly. Especially when he gets freaked out by Ha Ping's character. I feel he really loves Toby, but I wonder why Toby pushes him back? 

I like these flashback scenes of why everyone came to Mo Dong San. Seems like everyone has a problem and needs a place to relax.

The series sounds pretty interesting. I'm hoping to watch it too. 

So Elaine's character finally comes out in Come Home Love. She was only in it for 3 episodes so far. I wonder if she's going to be more in it. But the series is slowly ending. Honestly to be, I think if the scriptwriters wanted to they can definitely write more stories, no need to end it. 

Good luck with studies. We'll chat more when you get back.

See you soon...

#29662 Hachiman Hikigaya

Hachiman Hikigaya

a week's break

• Trial Crew
  • 3160 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 10:06 AM

foreverleila:

I have yet to watch episode 15. I will probably do so soon when I am done with my school work. I quite like Johnathan's char's development in the later episodes. The only pity I felt is Tavia Yeung ... once again a limited screentime female lead role for her ... its thrice in a row already this year. Out of her three series that aired so far ... Wudang Rules is the most screentime but its also considered pathetically limited ... I kinda have to say Tavia's role can easily give to other second line actress instead such as Nancy, Selena or Elaine ... Tavia's status deserves a better production and role. 

I also like those flashback scenes, it provides lots of depth towards the characters in the series.

Yea, I've catch up on come Home Love too ... I love Elaine's acting as always... to be honest, I didn't really watch the complete episodes previously, I skipped a whole bunch but I kinda saw the magazine and it contains Elaine in the episode spoilers so I just watch the parts that she is in ... kinda feel sorry that she has to play such a role and her pairings are with actors who are less known ... I wonder what is tvb doing honestly. They are wasting a gem.

btw, I just flip through chinese wiki  just now and saw one of the navigation that the series that will air after Ghost of Relativity is The Fixer and that';s Mandy's first leading series ... I hope its true really ... I've been waiting for this for like so long! And yea, thanks! I'll be on hiatus for now until early august ;) take care! 

#29663 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39069 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 06:43 PM

Eevee:
Hey you're back!

I agree with Tavia's limited screentime. Her character development is just like the others. Sort of wasted Tavia's character in this.
Now thinking back this by far of Tavia's series this is the one where she has more screentime. it would be nice to see Selena in this. But I guess TVB wouldn't like a second line actress to pair up with Chin Sim Ho.

I believe she won't appear anymore. If she doesn't I think TVB wasted her character in this. They can fully develop more of her character in this. TVB needs to give Elaine bigger and better roles.

Oh really? Great I'm really looking forward to Mandy's new series.

OK we'll chat again in August!

See you soon....

#29664 Hachiman Hikigaya

Hachiman Hikigaya

a week's break

• Trial Crew
  • 3160 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 11:25 AM

foreverleila:

Hey, have some time today for surfing net so yea. Heh. 

Tavia's roles have been like this the whole year, but her role in Wudang is definitely the best out of the three ... I heard the original choice is Myolie who turn it down to film Lord of Shanghai, which is right because if I'm Myolie, I would rather take a big production than to film this. Neverthessly, I think Wudang Rules is one of the better series this year. I love how everyone from strangers bonding into a real family in the wudang mountain, it's a really meaningful series. 

Btw, I've kinda watch four episodes of Master of Destiny, the plot is kinda slow to be honest but one thing that caught my eyes is the excellent performance done by Selena who's just a guest star. Terrific performance, talking about this also saddens me because I just read the news today that Sisley is leading over Selena in the new series... I was like WHAT in the WORLD?! I really can't believe this ... I will say this is the most terrible casting ever made ... I wish Selena is given bigger and better roles in tvb series, but that's not often the case ... however, good to see her in a series coming soon, Brick slaves ... 

#29665 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39069 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 09:52 PM

Eevee:

Hey you're back!

Great to see you're taking sometime back to chat with me.

I have to agree that Wudang Rules is one of the best Tavia series so far. At least she has her own story and not just tagging along supporting the male leads. But I got to say I was quite disappointed with her role in Eye in the Sky. 

Yeah I'm with Myolie too, I would have taken the bigger role, it has a more grand cast as well. 

I truly enjoyed the series. Like you said it was really nice to see strangers not knowing each other into growing such a bond together. I really enjoyed watching all of the stories. Johnathan and Toby were quite funny to watch. The more I watch Johnathan's character, the more I like it. I didn't even care about how he brags he has money anymore. The scene where to help Regen with labor was quite touching as well. 

Derek's character was well-liked too. I thought this was suppose to be a a more series type drama, but it had some funny parts here and there. It was funny watching Derek wanting to kill Chin Siu Ho and Tavia, but every time he misses out on the opportunity. 

The only sad part about this drama is that Yoyo is actually dead. 

I totally agree with Selena's character. It's only too bad that she's guest starring. Her crying scenes is very well done. Hopefully she gets more chances in the future. I KNOW RIGHT. I was so mad when I read that news. I was like what in the world, Sisley leading over Selena. I mean TVB's got to understand that audience likes watching Selena WAY MORE THAN Sisley. I mean at least I do. Sisley's acting's not even that good, I wonder why TVB wants to promote her so much. 

Yes, a Selena and Vincent pairing. I believe they are pairing up right? I hope so. I liked them in Wish and Switch. 

I can't believe Come Home Love is ending this week. I'm really sad over this. I have been watching this sitcom daily over the past 2 and a half years. And I still haven't seen Queenie come back. It's coming to be lame if she just ends up only on Friday's episode. 

See you soon...

#29666 Hachiman Hikigaya

Hachiman Hikigaya

a week's break

• Trial Crew
  • 3160 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:00 AM

foreverleila:

kinda free this couple of days ;)

yeap. gotta agree Tavia's role is disappointing in Eye in the Sky. Which series do you think she will nominate for? 

I actually thought there's a plot that yoyo will come back suddenly but guess I was wrong, her character is really dead in the first place ... I know the scene where Derek wants to kill Siu Ho and Tavia, it was just hilarious how his anger drops everytime someone comes up to him. 

I just can't believe tvb's decision in casting Sisley in another lead role ... I mean is she really that good? even people that's better like rosina still has to play supporting roles ... this is just not fair. I definitely want to watch Selena over sisley anyday ... 

Yeap, Vincent and Selena are pairing up in the new series. Can't wait and also there's Mandy in the summer now with rouge Emperor airing right after Master of Destiny. August will be so good for me! Just in time! 

Oh my.. .so no signs of Queenie yet when its the final week? :/ This is just ridiculous ... 

Edited by Hachiman Hikigaya, 02 July 2015 - 09:00 AM.

#29667 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39069 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 10:50 PM

Eevee:

Hey you're back!

Great to hear that you're taking a few days off.

I really don't know. I'm assuming it might be Eye in the Sky. But then if she's nominated for Eye in the Sky, I doubt she will win though. Her character was a bit of a disappointment. She never even used her photographic memory for a big case.

I thought Yoyo would come back too, but I guess I was wrong. Saw so many of her scenes in series but it turns out that they were all flashback scenes. 

I honestly don't think she's that good. Out of her batch, Grace and Moon is way better than her. Maybe I'm just not use to hearing her voice. I don't know. I wanted Selena to lead over her too. Selena's way much better.

Yes. I can't wait to watch the Vincent and Selena pairing. 

Really finally another Mandy series this year.

Yup and today's episode doesn't seem like it will talk about Queenie either. I guess she will just appear tomorrow. I'm disappointed.

See you soon....

#29668 Hachiman Hikigaya

Hachiman Hikigaya

a week's break

• Trial Crew
  • 3160 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 04:03 PM

foreverleila:

yea since I kinda completed all my school work thus far ... so this week I will just take a good nice break.

I predict it will be Eye in the Sky too since it has a bigger cast and genre ... but preference wise, I would like it more if Tavia nominated for Wudang Rules as her role there is better ... but either way no matter which role she nominates this year, her chance to win anything is zero because there's no unique trait in any of her character ... they are just love interest female lead roles who plays very little relevance to the main story. 

Agree with you that Grace and Moon are better. I am quite okay with Moon, but Grace ... I have yet to warm up to her. Moon is less promoted though which I can see why because there's not really much uniqueness in her looks and she may be too tall to pair with the leading guys in tvb. I think Selena is at the stage where she doesn't really care much about her status anymore ... she seems to want to explore filming in different countries these days be it the role given to her is small or big. 

Wow... I can't believe Queenie is only going to come out in the final? Man ... I am really disappointed hearing this. And Elaine Yiu's screentime is pathetic ... they can just get any lesser known actress to play her role ... I wonder why they get Elaine to play it? I think she's in altogether less than 5 episodes. She deserves better imo. 

btw, I have catch up on Limelight Years today as you suggested very way back ... you are right, it's indeed a really good series. I am so far on the 3rd episode, but I think it is the best series I've watched this year from tvb besides Smooth Talker and I'm really enjoying each and every scene of Liza and Damian. I also was woed at Candice's performance as Liza's daughter ... I do hope Candice can get some recognition through nomination ... I've already been impressed by her in Officer Geomancer. Linda might stand a chance to win Best Actress if all things go smooth for her but Louisa So seems really strong in Lord of Shanghai which is the anniversary series ... let's see then. 

As for Master of Destiny... I have an urge to give up any time ... I don't really like where its going ... 

Edited by Hachiman Hikigaya, 03 July 2015 - 04:16 PM.

#29669 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39069 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 12:56 AM

Eevee:

Hey you're back!

After a month of hard work, you need to take some time and rest.

I agree, I don't think Tavia stands a chance for the Best Actress role this year. Her roles are getting more bland. I'm just hoping she will get better roles in the future. I believe Tavia doesn't have anymore upcoming series with TVB, am I wrong? Or does she have more? Oh wait, she has the one with Roger....but I don't think it will be aired this year since they are still filming it right?

I think Moon's acting is pretty good. But TVB definitely favors Grace more, even more now since Grace and Kevin are dating. 

TVB's is not always the place, there's more than just acting. She can expand in business if Selena wanted to. But I do hope to see Selena more. I like her acting more and more and her emotional scenes are getting more and more better.

Yeah, I haven't watched today's episode yet but I just skimmed through during the morning since I didn't have time, I will definitely watch it later on tonight. But if my skimming of it was good, Queenie only appeared in the last 10 seconds of the show. She and Chris didn't even say anything. They just looked at each other and smiled. And that was it. So pathetic, a big disappointment for me. As for Elaine, her screen time was so low. Honestly, if TVB wanted to expand Come Home Love of this season even more, if they had more talk about Queenie and Elaine, they can put in at last 40+ episodes in there. It's just too bad TVB doesn't want to promote them too.

I'm hoping Candice can win the Most Improved Award this year. I find her acting to be pretty convincing. But glad you're watching Limelight Years. There's a lot to think about after watching the whole series. As I finished watching and reading comments on forums, I thought about things about the characters I never thought about when I was watching it by myself. 

Linda's acting wasn't all the best in Limelight Years but it was a better role for her. She played on a totally different role. I find her pretty cute and funny in this series. 

Master of Destiny is going okay with me right now. Maybe one part that keeps me watching is the fact that I have nothing new to watch. I was okay with Hawick and Tiffany's storyline, but then...I don't really like the dubbing either...

See you soon...

#29670 Hachiman Hikigaya

Hachiman Hikigaya

a week's break

• Trial Crew
  • 3160 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 05:17 AM

foreverleila:

Tavia still has Momentary Lapse of Reason that stars Louis, Matt and Rosina as well but I doubt it will air this year ... 

wow ... that was ridiculous, 10 seconds??? what a waste ... I rather they don't get Queenie back then if she just film for 10 seconds with no dialouge... 

Yea, she's one of my choices to win as well but I think the chances are zero since this year's competition is strong especially when tvb wants to push up Grace Chan ... I'm still hoping for either Tracy, Candice or Rosina though but unlikely my wish will happen. There's lots of deep meaning in the series that make me think back of my life somehow and its quite meaningful. I agree that Linda's acting aren't the best in the series ... but if she fails to win Best Actress this year, I think she won't be able to win anymore since tvb's been really giving her lots of chances but somehow netizens prefer other people more. Linda's roles are also getting blander and blander like Tavia. 

The story pace is quite slow so far ... and the dubbing looks strange to me. I am kinda shocked that Tiffany died like that considering she's billed after Liza in the poster so I assume her role will be quite big ... its not even halfway to the show and she exit already ... I really think that Monica will be the main villain. 

#29671 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39069 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 05:53 AM

Eevee:

Hey you're back!

Oh yeah, forgot about that one. That's the one where Tavia and Matt are paired up right?

Yup, just finished watching the last episode. It got me teary eyed. It was a nice wrap up for the first season, but I thought some things were a bit rushed. And I can't believe it was just 10 seconds or maybe even less. No talk, just a star, nodded their heads, smiled and ended. I was like WOW....people are commenting that it's leaving them an open ending. If it's really an open ending, I'm hoping they will give Chris and Queenie another chance. Really like this pairing.

I think Grace can still wait. I mean she has so many series ahead of her that she will eventually win the award. But I have a big feeling that Grace will win this year. 

I think Linda deserves recognition. She has improved quite a lot in her beginning series. She has ups and downs in her acting. But I have to say Linda's characters are getting to turn like Tavia's, not exactly likes Tavia's, but going in the same footsteps. 

I think Monica is the main villain. 

I honestly rather see Tiffany die because her illness and not the way she died. Because I don't like the feeling how when Hawick finds out that Edwin's the cause of Tiffany's death; I can't imagine how Hawick will react into. 

See you soon...

#29672 Hachiman Hikigaya

Hachiman Hikigaya

a week's break

• Trial Crew
  • 3160 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 07:28 AM

foreverleila:

Yup. I am waiting to see that since I really like Tavia and Matt in W files. IMO, Matt ages really well, he looks even better now.

I have yet to catch up on Come Home Love and I believe I won't since there's no Queenie ... this made me really upset. It's no point chasing up on it. So are you watching the new sitcom? For me, I am not interested in watching Louis, Priscilla pairing ... since I have never like watching Priscilla. She just doesn't comes off right to my eyes for some reason. If I were to watch, it's mainly for Owen and Katy's line.

Yea, I believe Grace will win this year too ... its quite obvious given she's in all the big series, I'd say her chance is 99% while the rest has only 1%. I am still hoping there'll be a miracle though but nah ... doubt it. I think Linda needs a more diverse role to prove herself worthy for the Best Actress award. 

Hawick will find out sooner or later ... and by that time, there will be lots of conflicts for sure. Either way, I kinda can't wait for this series to end since I am not enjoying it much ... waiting for the one after this which is Rouge Emperor. 

#29673 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39069 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 07:32 AM

Eevee:

Hey you're back!

Yeah he does, he looks even better than before 

Yeah I'm going to be watching the sitcom. I'm hoping the Ma family will come back in there. I really like the Ma family in this series. I mean at least Richard and Ha Jie are still in this. 

There was one episode in this season where they brought Louis and Priscilla in already. 

I'm okay with Grace. At least I like her much better than Sisley as of right now. I won't say Grace's acting is bad. I think she's better than some of the newbies. 

I'm looking forward to watching Rouge Emperor as well. The storyline sounds good and plus we haven't watched an ancient series in such a long time. 

See you soon...

#29674 Hachiman Hikigaya

Hachiman Hikigaya

a week's break

• Trial Crew
  • 3160 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 03:44 PM

foreverleila:

I believe the Ma family will still be in it for a couple of episodes before they exit. I like Griselda Yeung's acting in Come Home Love. Was hoping tvb will give her more chances since her younger sister, Tavia Yeung is so successful. It's kinda sad though because Griselda join the pageant while Tavia enter the industry through acting class. TVB normally promotes people from mhk but Tavia was promoted the rare way. 

We will be seeing Sisley a lot next year and this is a bad thing for me because I dread seeing her after watching Young Charioteers. I will still give her a chance though since like we said earlier, it could be role problem for her. Hopefully her next series will change my impression on her acting. Yea, Grace isn't bad as a newcomer but I find that its a tad too over to promote her to lead this soon ... she's really gorgeous though but I think it will be better to train her for two or three years in supporting roles first. Among the newer fadans, I still like Eliza, Mandy and Tracy more ... am hoping Rosina will find some luck too since she deserves being promoted too. 

I am excited to watch it as well, the only thing is sigh ... Benjamin and Mandy aren't a pair. But I am interested to see how they will work with their new co-stars too. 

#29675 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39069 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:55 AM

Eevee:

Hey you're back!

After they exit, will they come back in the show?

I like Griselda in this series too. Her chemistry with Richard is very good. If I remember correctly, this is by far her series that she has the most screen time in. Which I think it's really a pity because I think Griselda's acting is quite good as well. 

Yeah Sisley does have a lot of series in this upcoming to next year. I don't really like her either. I was okay with her in Overachievers maybe it was because I pitied her character. But I just can't stand her in Young Charioteers. I just don't like the voice of hers. 

When you say Grace is gorgeous, do you mean by looks or do you mean by acting. 

Eliza's acting is improving in very series I see her in. It's good that Mandy's getting promoting roles. As for Tracy it's good to see her taking different types of roles. 

I know right. I was hoping Mandy and Benjamin would be a pair since their screentime in The Hippocratic Crush series was so limited.

See you soon...

#29676 Hachiman Hikigaya

Hachiman Hikigaya

a week's break

• Trial Crew
  • 3160 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:18 PM

foreverleila:

I believe they won't since they will be filming other drama series already ... like Chris taking Purely accidental, and Angel taking Police's buddy.

Among Sisley's roles, I like her best in Overachievers too, its probably because of her role that's suitable I guess. She's definitely horrendous in Young Charioteers ... I meant the looks for Grace, she just has the gorgeous face and the fadan/leading actress aura in her so I can see why tvb is pushing her up so quickly. I agree that Eliza has been improving lately, I no longer cringe at her performances. This is a good thing since she's considered the senior of this batch with Mandy so hopefully these two can surpass Myolie and Tavia someday in their own batch. 

Maybe there will be chances in the future for them to pair up. 

Btw, Limelight Years is really good. I'm already at ep15, this is the fastest pace I am catching up on ... its just so good! Every scenes doesn't come off unnecessary, best series so far for this year! I find it sad when Johnathan's char died ... I actually thought he would survive but no ... sigh. I don't really like Alex's char too but then I have to admit his chemistry with Linda was so great! And I'm glad Hugo is getting chances to play a bigger role these days. I'm pretty suspicious of Jacqueline's char ... I wonder who she is .. she always appear so randomly? After watching this series, I have to say my pick so far for Best Actress is Liza Wang. 

Edited by Hachiman Hikigaya, Yesterday, 02:19 PM.

#29677 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39069 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:38 PM

Eevee:

Hey you're back!

Awe...that sucks. Then what's the point of calling it Come Home Love 2 when the original cast is not going to be in there?...

Okay, but I do agree about Grace's looks. When she was in the pageant, I thought she really had some looks of Michelle Reis. She looks a bit mixed too. 

I'm hoping to see more of Mandy leading series. Looks like she's getting ready already for her new martial arts series with Him. I really can't wait to hear more news about that series. 

I didn't expect Johnathan to die actually. But I do feel so sorry for Liza. She was just so sad about his death. 

I don't like Alex's character either. He just uses Linda way too much in this series. And yet, Linda loves him and cares for him too much. 

You'll see who Jacqueline's character is towards the end. 

I have a feeling that Liza may win this year, but then again there's still a lot of series that haven't aired this year yet.

Speaking about Hugo, I never took notice of him til his most recent series. But I'm rewatching some old TVB dramas and he was already in there. 

See you soon...

#29678 Hachiman Hikigaya

Hachiman Hikigaya

a week's break

• Trial Crew
  • 3160 posts

Posted Today, 12:22 PM

foreverleila:

I know right ... but I' kinda interested in the Owen and Katy's line. 

Me too! But I heard from her fans that the martial arts series is a big production so knowing this now, I wonder if Mandy is still the lead actress? I am really hoping she is though because she will just become more popular if she plays a lead role in a big production. I can't wait to know more details as well.

I think Johnathan did quite a good job ... his role is not too easy to play but he did it just fine. I think Liza's best co-star is really Damian over the years, you can just tell by their interactions ... so much chemistry. I wonder if Alex and Linda will get together in the end ... I see. I will be looking forward to know more about Jacqueline's char then. 

I think if Liza really gets it, I won't really have much objection because she's really good in the series. I think Hugo gained lots of fan girls recently, well I must admit he's pretty good looking. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Hachiman Hikigaya