Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38801 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 09:28 PM

Eevee:

Hey you're back!

I mean Ruco is still lying to him. 

But it's good that Ruco is thinking of not stealing anymore after he found his family. He deserves some happiness after those harsh 30+ years, but of course we know happiness doesn't stay long with him. 

Really? Susan exits already? Wow..there was really no point of her character. 

She still looks so young even after giving birth to two kids. I missed her. I recently just watched her HKTV series Borderline. I miss watching her in TVB dramas. I love her series with Raymond; The Last Breakthrough. Couldn't get enough with them. Her pairing with Ron in Twin of Brothers was pretty cute. I actually loved all the Leila pairings. Her chemistry with Bosco in Life Made Simple was good along with Sammul in Bar Benders. 

I'm not liking Sammy's character anymore either. I hated how he said that he will do anything, except illegal doings to get what he wants. I understand he wants to be rich again but do it in a way that people will respect you. 

I don't think Grace is ready either. I mean I'm okay with her but not for the lead role. I think she's getting promoted even faster than Priscilla. The Brother's Keeper obviously isn't the same without Ruco. He was like the main in the series. I can see maybe why Linda isn't in it but Ruco. Come on, we knew he was leading over Edwin in the start. They might as well not call it the sequel to The Brother's Keeper.

See you soon...

Page 737! clapclap

#29442 Eeveee

Eeveee

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3699 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 02:47 PM

foreverleila:

Yea after all his evil side will come ... and yes, Susan's char is dead already ... I agree there really was no point for her character. 

I miss Leila too. I haven't really watch HKTV series ... I think the cast doesn't really appeal to me so yea. But heard its quite good ... maybe I will try it someday. I thought Leila was quite a stalker in Life Made Simple haha! She's after Bosco. 

Actually Priscilla is promoted faster than Grace. Grace starts from supporting role in Overachievers but when Priscilla came into tvb, her 1st role was a lead role in Reality Check and since then she has been leading. She has never played a supporting role before. I agree with you regarding BK 2 ... it's a disappointment now. 

Btw, Tracy Chu is the latest one that has gotten herself a lead role. Quite happy for her ... after all I think her acting is good for a newcomer. 

#29443 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38801 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 05:27 PM

Eevee:
Hey you're back!

There's a jealous side in him. I haven't watched today's episode yet, but it seems like Tavia's going to tell him that she didn't like him. That's going to cause tension between him and Kevin.
Of course we know who killed her. That's why being nosy isn't a good thing.

The Borderline was pretty okay. I think you should give it a time. Leila's character in Life Made Simple is so different than her other roles. It's only too bad that she didn't get recognition for them.

I never thought she was the female lead for Reality Check because I really didn't like hey back then. I just thought that the series didn't have a female lead. Ruco wad just the center stage of the series in how I look at it. But you're right Priscilla wad the lead actress in that series.
I hate sequels when the original cast isn't there. You might as well not call it a sequel.

I think Tracy's acting is good for a newcomer. I wouldn't mind seeing her in leading roles.

See you soon....

#29444 Eeveee

Eeveee

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3699 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 07:12 PM

foreverleila:

Yea they kinda broke up ... I feel a bit sorry for ruco. I didn't like how Samantha talks to him though ... the tone is so harsh. And yea this is causing the tension between the two brothers already ... 

I might watch that sometime later in the year. I agree her role in Life Made Simple is very different ... but I didn't like how she broke Jessica and Bosco up just because she wants to get Bosco no matter what ... it's quite a stalker role as she follows him wherever he goes and eavesdrop in whatever is happening around him. 

Till today, I still don't like Priscilla. I guess some actress just doesn't go well with my eyes. 

I think Tracy is good as well. Btw, don't you think that it's going to be a new tvb soon? the new I'm referring to is tvb is probably going to introduce the new sets of fadans already as Myolie has already left, Linda and Kate not as much works already ... 

#29445 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38801 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 01:01 AM

Eevee:

Hey you're back!

I'm going to watch it later tonight. But from the preview, Samantha's tone was a bit harsh. I don't know I really pity his character right now. 

Maybe I'm just a Leila fan, but I found that even if she wasn't in the way of Jessica and Bosco, I don't think their relationship would have last long. It didn't really seem like Jessica liked him that much. It seems like she just wanted to get out of her "village" status more than liking Bosco. Bosco had feelings for her, but it wasn't love. 

I'm okay with Priscilla now ever since watching Swipe Tap Love. I sort of like her Sister Chocolate role. Her chemistry with Raymond Wong is pretty good too. 

Totally, it's turning into newbies now. We barely get to see Ron, Bosco, Raymond, Charmaine, etc in new series. It's all new people now. My mom stopped watching VB dramas for alike 2ish months. While she was on vacation last week for a week, she started watching the recent TVB series that aired, and she was like who are all these new people. She was sort of referring to Raising the Bar the most with Grace, Moon, Jeannie, and Stephanie. But she recognized the other people. It was sort of funny in a way.

See you soon... 

#29446 Eeveee

Eeveee

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3699 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 03:18 PM

foreverleila:

Yea besides there's Roger in the way too. Besides both Jessica and Bosco's family background is too different ... it's also hard to be together. 

I guess Priscilla just isn't the type that I will like watching so can't be helped. 

Haha! yeap. I guess it's a good thing though ... we can't see the same leading faces over and over again ... I quite like some of the newcomers so I guess I will still be okay with the change. 

#29447 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38801 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 04:12 PM

Eevee:
Hey you're back!

It's finally revealed who the boss is. But I guess it's pretty easy to guess that the person is Lau Kong. And they found it who killed Susan.
Seems from the preview that Ruco is going to kill Law Lan. Wow Ruco is going to turn evil if he kills her.

I think Paul was sort of in their way as well. He wanted Jessica to go back to Roger's side.

Yes some of the newcomers acting is pretty good and refreshing. Not as bad as some people say it is.

See you soon....

#29448 Eeveee

Eeveee

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3699 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 05:30 PM

foreverleila:

I realized Lau Kong is often the final boss in series. Ghost Dragon, and now in this one. Looks like Kevin is avoiding Tavia now ... due to Ruco and also looks like Ruco's destiny is changing now ... it wasn't him who killed Law Lan actually as it was an accident ... 

among the newcomers, for the ladies, I think most highly of Mandy, Rosina and Tracy. They can act pretty well. While, Eliza has the likable factor in her. The rest not so much yet ... 

now in Young Charioteers... this week's episodes was dominated by the three leads which is definitely boring for me ... I hope the final week will be better ... as last week was good with the supporting cast on spotlight. For now, I'm just watching for Hanjin, Rosina and Michelle ... Jinny as well ... as she seems to have development with alan now. 

Edited by Eeveee, 19 March 2015 - 05:42 PM.

#29449 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38801 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 09:55 PM

Eevee:

Hey you're back!

He is often the boss. But I got to admit that Lau Kong is a very versatile actor. He can portray good and evil roles very good. I really like watching him portray the good dad/grandpa roles. I haven't watched today's episode yet so I'm looking forward to see how Law Lan will die...that sort of sounds mean...

You know after watching these past few episodes, it's not all Law Lan's fault that Ruco turned this way. I mean his fate could have been different if he was in his family but even if he wasn't in his family, he didn't have to become a bandit. And you can't use an excuse saying that they were poor and had to steal in order to survive.. Yeah I really pity Ruco's character, but, he's just getting too creepy.

It sucks how Kevin and Tavia's holding back their feelings but I still want to see Ruco and Tavia ending up together.

Me too. Eliza really can handle the cute sister roles. I thought her character as Che Che was really cute. Mandy should be given more chances. She's getting better and better. 

Can't believe it's ending next week already. But from yesterday's episode Him and Jinny just broke up. So we should be seeing more of Him and Sisley next week. I really want to know how the love triangle with Him-SIsley-Sammy is going to turn out. 

I haven't watched today's episode yet, but Jinny and Alan is just so out of the blue right now.

See you soon...

Edited by foreverleila, 19 March 2015 - 09:57 PM.

#29450 Eeveee

Eeveee

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3699 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 03:59 PM

foreverleila:

I think Ruco is partly to blame as well ... yes it's just misfortune that he could not live with his parents and elder bro due to Law Lan ... but he has a choice in his life to become a good person or a bad person. He's turning quite psycho right now ... you can tell even his best friend, Tony is a bit afraid of him. 

I wouldn't want Ruco and Tavia to end up in this series. Originally I wanted but I heard that Ruco will use Tavia as a bait as revenge in the coming episodes so I think Tavia ending up with Kevin is better.

Yea, Jinny said she didn't feel anything after kissing Him so guess it's right to break up. But at least, now there's Alan by her side. She's a good girl and she definitely deserves someone who can love her. I don't really like the triangle love ... Sisley's char isn't unlikable tbh but it's her acting that makes it unlikable. She's way too soon for lead ... can't believe tvb even get her to lead another drama with moses next year ... I hope she improves by then if not it's not too good. It isn't fair for other better actresses who are still playing supporting roles just like in this series, Rosina who has better acting is playing support to Sisley ... it's a slap on the face. I hope the final week willl have more Rosina ... she's saving the entire series honestly ... if it wasn't for her, I would've given up ... the line of the three leads are very boring. 

btw, the filmart is on monday. I can't wait and I'm really looking forward to Lord of Shanghai now as the trailer is released!

here:

Spoiler

Edited by Eeveee, 20 March 2015 - 04:21 PM.

#29451 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38801 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 04:51 PM

Eevee:
Hey you're back!

Yeah he had his own choice of becoming a bandit or not. He chose this way. Though Law Lan's death was an accident, Ruco is to blame. If he didn't kill her cat she wouldn't have ran down the street and also got hot by a car, tripped and hit her head. He saw everything and didn't call the police. She's a seventy year old woman, i can't believe he wouldn't help get. He's getting so cold blooded.

Yeah now I don't want Ruco and Tavia to end up together anymore either. He's too creepy.

I feel sorry for all those rumors though. That girl is too noisy of taking those pictures and posting them up online. That is so messed up, don't even care about people's privacy.
I feel the love triangle to be sort of boring now. I don't find Sisley's acting to be likeable either. I mention earlier that I didn't like her voice. I think it's still that for me. Sometimes what she says is very mature but the tone of her voice ruins it.
I just look forward to Rosina and Hanjin now. Their relationship is complicated but I actually like it.

Oh it is. I'm looking forward to watching the previews of the new series. Lord Shanghai looks pretty good.

See you soon....

#29452 Eeveee

Eeveee

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3699 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 07:28 PM

foreverleila:

Yea I agree he's getting so cold-blooded ... and it also seems like Tavia is going to die in next week's episodes according to the preview ... Tavia's dad is seen with a sad face outside the surgery theater and Kevin is seen blaming Ruco. So... I don't think there will be a happy ending ... it really seems like Tavia is really going to exit soon. This reminds me a little of Gigi Lai's case in The Ultimate Crime Fighter. 

I don't really like those two secretary as well ... I wonder is it really like this and how people is like in the office environment? Way too mean. Can't they just mind their own business and do their job? 

Yea Sisley's voice control is weak ... I think she should train it before she hit bigger roles ... 

I feel quite sorry for Rosina in ep15. Her stuffs all got exposed online ... but kinda like how Hanjin is there for her. I really like Hanjin's char ... its very likable and he's a good manager. I think Rosina did very well in the breakdown scene at the pier. 

#29453 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38801 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:53 PM

Eevee:

Hey you're back!

Wait so the series is only 20 episodes or 30 episodes? But if Tavia dies then there's not going to be a happy ending? Or maybe Tavia doesn't die at all. That sucks if Tavia dies. I was hoping to see Tavia and Kevin ending up together. 

Oh if it's similar to Gigi's case then Tavia exits very soon in the series then. 

They are so nosy. They don't even seem like they're working, they seem more like they hired them just to sit and gossip. The way they dress doesn't seems like they're secretaries either. 

Her voice was pretty good in Overachievers. It was like this childish. Maybe it's because her character is suppose to play a role like this and they made her sound this way. 

I haven't watched episode 15 yet so I'm hoping to see how will Rosina be in episode 15. 

Hanjin's a good boss, he just doesn't show it.

See you soon...

#29454 Eeveee

Eeveee

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3699 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 07:59 AM

foreverleila:

20 ... :( and Smooth Talker will air next week. I have a feeling she's going to die though because Kevin said Ruco is the murderer in the preview ... Let's hope not ... but things aren't looking too good for tavia. 

I know. I can't stand those two as well ... it's said that they are newcomers in the office. If so, they should learn to be more humble and do more work instead of gossiping. The way they dress, I agree is too casual ... actually same goes to Sisley. I don't think in office environment, a worker is allowed to wear casual clothings. I like Sisley more in Overachievers too ... I do not have any issues with her acting in that series which I thought she did quite good as Ma Siu Ming... but in here ... she's terrible. 

I like how Hanjin helps Rosina ... when she is facing trouble. His mentor isn't a good person after all ... 

#29455 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38801 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 08:27 AM

Eevee:
Hey you're back!

I wished this series was 30 episodes. It can have development of Ruco turning bad. In one preview or trailer I saw Tavia having her hair tied up in a ponytail and holding a gun. I think that person is going to be Vivien. I have feeling that Vivien's going to do plastic surgery to make herself look like Vivien.
I can't believe Lau Kong would screen Vivien's face just to get Ruco to help him. Vivien just stood there for him to screw her too.
It's good to see Tony getting back on the good side and not being a bandit anymore.

Did you notice that Sisley's voice had a little change when she was talking to her parents about Him and Sammy? She didn't have the high pitch voice anymore. I think she just have her voice like the because her character needs to be like that.

It's also good to see Michelle helping them too. I hope this will cause Rosina not to be mad at Michelle and Him anymore.

Are you going to be watching Smooth Talker?

See you soon....

#29456 Eeveee

Eeveee

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3699 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 10:47 AM

foreverleila:

I wished it was longer too but ... sigh ... can't be helped then. Yea maybe it might be Vivien... I think vivien's char is very interesting though ... I can't believe she allows Lau Kong to cut her face like that without fighting back ... I believe Tony will start to betray Ruco and Ruco will not have anyone close to him or he can trust anymore after this ... he already chose not to believe in Kevin already ... I think the only one who is able to get him back to the right track is Tavia but ... doubt its likely. 

Yea her voice is better that way ... but her other scenes like you said, maybe its the character's requirement to have a voice like that but still, it's too high pitch and it gets annoying. I do think Rosina wlll probably not be mad at Michelle and Him already after this ... tbh I think it's wrong for her to blame them for what the elder bro did to her ... it's not even their fault. She should just let it go and move on in her life. 

Yes I will be watching Smooth Talker. Kate plays a young see lai this time, so something new. And how can I forget about Tracy Chu too... I'm gonna watch it for her. 

#29457 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38801 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 06:01 PM

Eevee:
Hey you're back!

I really wonder why Vivien listens to Lau Kong so much? Hope it can be revealed soon. Vivien's character is interesting. I honestly think it's more interesting than Tavia's character right now. She was so mysterious.
Well I think Tony and Ruco aren't friends anymore since he was crying to Samantha. I don't really consider that betrayal, but Ruco does. Tony was must trying to help him.

I think it was Rosina that was wrong. How can you be mad at someone for something they didn't do.

Both of Kate and Tracy's character looks quite interesting too.

See you soon...

#29458 Eeveee

Eeveee

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3699 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 07:42 PM

foreverleila:

I wonder why too ... there must be some reason behind it. Btw, I like vivien in these ruthless roles. She have a similar role in Ruse of Engagement as well and she carry it well. I originally thought Tavia's role will have something special ... but no she's just a mere love interest with no relevance or important impact to the plot ... kinda disappointed the female lead is just for the love interest of the twins ... Yea ... Ruco doesn't even pick up his call anymore so guess their friendship is over ... Tony is helping him but Ruco is already on the verge of becoming insane with revenge ... I think Tony needs to work on his crying because I cringe badly at that scene ... I don't get why Rosina is cast in this series as well ... she has like less than 5 minutes of screentime tbh ... I don't even see her in some of the episodes and she basically plays nothing relevant to the plot and she has no love line as well...

Yea... she's being unreasonable ... I was like how rude when she gives attitude to Michelle when Hanjin arrange Michelle to come and help her out. Despite her unlikable role, she's actually the more interesting character in the series. 

btw, kinda watch the trailer of Rouge Emperor ... the song is nice. it also seems like Benjamin and Harriet's pairing is by force ... Harriet kidnap Benjamin to marry her by tying him up and going through the procedure ... poor ben. I think that scene will be hilarious. I guess it won't air anytime soon since it's one of the blockbusters ... expecting july... 

Edited by Eeveee, 21 March 2015 - 07:46 PM.

#29459 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38801 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 09:26 PM

Eevee:

Hey you're back!

The reason is probably he saved her when she was little? It's a typical TVB reason for it. But I have to agree Vivien can play these roles well. Se plays seductive roles well too. TVB needs to get her more chances. I thought so too. I mean "eye in the sky"; I thought it was meant o be Tavia. So far it's just saying that she has photographic memory and that's all. I'm disappointed too. When the series didn't air and it was just the trailer, I thought Tavia was going to be a sniper in the series or something, but I guess the prediction is wrong.

Tony's acting isn't very up to par yet. Hopefully he'll improve. 

I know, I don't even get why they chose Rosina to play this role. I honestly think anyone can just play her role. There's no real point of her character except for the fact of a possible crush on Kevin. That's it and asking Kevin for help to crack cases.

Though she's unlikable and reasonable, I really enjoy her performance with Hanjin though.

Then the storyline for Harriet and Benjamin sounds pretty interesting. I'm still a little upset knowing that Benjamin and Mandy aren't playing a couple though. Then we have more to look forward to in the summer.

See you soon...

#29460 Eeveee

Eeveee

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3699 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 09:33 AM

foreverleila:

Probably ... I think tvb gave her chances back then but she failed to nail them well since her accent and acting were very weak last time. Btw, I think her looks sort of change a lot ... it's like a different vivien from "Into Thin Air". I thought Tavia was going to be a sniper as well which is why I got interested in this series but ... her role is just a love interest which doesn't play relevance to the plot which is definitely saddening to see. Rosina's role is like a kelefe... they can simply put a less known actress to play it ... it's a waste because Rosina has the ability to tackle higher difficulty role ... this one is no cake for her. 

Yea, I really like the line between her and Hanjin as well. Much much better than the triangle love. Btw, will you be watching the moses and joyce koi drama? it doesn't seems like a genre that appeals to my age range somehow. 

#29461 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38801 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 05:42 PM

Eevee:
Hey you're back!

That's true. I think it was her accent that was a disadvantage for her. Her facial features changed a bit. Like her chin. Maybe it was baby fat back then.
Tavia's role in this series was similar to hers in Noblesse Oblige. It's just like a love interest, can her without being in the series too. I am a little disappointed with Joe little screen time with Rosina. I really think of the series was 30 episodes Tavia and Rosina's characters can develop more.

Yes I'm going to try it out and see how it is. After all haven't seen Joyce out in ages in a TVB series.

See you soon...

#29462 Eeveee

Eeveee

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3699 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 07:58 PM

foreverleila:

I think she undergo plastic surgery somehow ... it's a very big change tbh. It's like a different person. 

I agree... both are just the female lead for love interest ... I wish its 30 episodes too so we can watch more after all this series is really good imo ... and we don't even know when we can get such a good trio cast again... But as usual, Tavia's series never disappoint me ... her series are often good to watch. I might give Romantic Repertoire a try for Louise Lee... it's rumored its her final tvb series as she's planning to retire which I hope it's not true ... because I love seeing her act.

#29463 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38801 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 11:40 PM

Eevee:

Hey you're back!

Unless if however Tavia "die" [which she didn't] was very painful and caused her o become a different person. 

I mean wasn't Noblesse Oblige 25 episodes? I rather Eye in the Sky be 25 episodes rather than just 20. If the scriptwriter put a little more effort in there, this series can be very, very good. 

Agree, both Tavia and Charmaine never disappoints in their acting skills. 

I love Louise Lee as an actress, it's only too sad if she really retires. Love her in A Kindred Spirit and Heart of Greed. She's a very versatile actress. My mom loves her a lot too. S

See you soon...

#29464 Eeveee

Eeveee

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3699 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 10:49 AM

foreverleila:

Hey, sorry for the late reply. Wasn't able to use my computer these three days since I work 72 hours shift to help one of my colleague. I've been missing the episodes for this week, guess I will catch it up soon...

Noblesse Oblige is 20 episodes. I wanted Eye in the Sky to be longer too ... I've been enjoying it ... together with the acting in it. 

I hope Louise will come back again someday ... she's a joy to watch. 

#29465 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38801 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 04:17 PM

Eevee:
Hey you're back!

It's ok! Wow then you haven't slept in 3 days! We can chat about those episodes once you catch up to them.

Oh just watched it recently and already forgetting how many episodes it was. I wished it was 30 episodes. They can develop more about Ruco's character.

Hopefully she will. Especially if she gets tired of retirement.

See you soon...

#29466 Eeveee

Eeveee

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3699 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 07:32 PM

foreverleila:

Yea. So I kinda get all my sleep when I got back home this morning :D I will watch the 4 episodes that aired for the both series tomorrow at one go since I'm on leave. 

I wished its 30 episodes too besides it really has the potential to be longer ... given how strong its cast are. 

Next week will be as good for me as well though ... so its fine ... there's finally a Tracy drama. I enjoy watching her ... I do think among the newcomers, she's the better ones. Rosina Lam as well ... I wish they developed rosina's char more in Eye in the Sky... she's doing nothing at all totally in the series... such a waste of someone who can act. 

#29467 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38801 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:44 PM

Eevee:

Hey you're back!

That's good that you got all your sleep in the morning. I don't know how I will look like without 72 hours worth of sleep.

Or maybe the producer is already planning on a sequel. But then it does depend on how the ending is going to go for this one.

If the series was 30 episodes, I believe there can be more development with both Rosina and Vivien's character. Rosina's character in Eye in the Sky right now is just like a cameo role. They can find anyone to play her role honestly.

See you soon...

#29468 Eeveee

Eeveee

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3699 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 05:59 PM

foreverleila:

haha! yea I wouldn't want to try that again ... but at least I helped someone.

given the ending ... I doubt there will be a sequel :( because ... Ruco died ... while saving Kevin somehow. I wish this series was longer honestly ... but sigh ... only 20 episodes. Time do flies fast. I think the best actor in this series is Ruco Chan and his role is also the hardest to act ... the complexity of the acting range in this role is something complicated and needs a competent actor to make it a success ... I think Ruco is one of the rare actors that can manage such a role. If there's anyone aside from Ruco for this role, I think Matt Yeung will also be a good choice. Tavia and Rosina are totally wasted in this series ... it's a shame for the two can act actresses. Tavia totally has nothing to do in the final episode aside from sleeping in the hospital for the entire episode until the last few scenes. >_>... I can't believe this. So the sniper Tavia didn't happen ... 

Young Charioteers has also ended and I'm glad everyone got a happy ending ... don't really bother too much on the mainline since it's really boring but glad the supporting pair, Hanjin and Rosina got a good ending :). I kinda wished Adrian has a love line as well considering all his buddies has a love line ... I feel a little sorry for him. The best actress in this series is Rosina in my opinion. Her role needs a good amount of swag ... and aura, and she pulled it off. Hopefully this can help her score most improved actress this year. Her improvement is very big in this series. 

Edited by Eeveee, 27 March 2015 - 06:01 PM.

#29469 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38801 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 10:34 PM

Eevee:

Hey you're back!

The good thing is that you helped someone. 

I haven't watched the ending yet, definitely will tonight. But I did read spoilers that Ruco did die. But you know TVB, they can somehow re-write Ruco in there if they really wanted a sequel and if the ratings are good for it.

I wished the series was longer too. Like I said, Ruco's character can develop even more if it was longer. Ruco is a good actor. He can handle good and evil roles very well. And when he plays evil roles, it's a likable evil role too, like his character as Ah Lik in this series.

I really thought Tavia and Rosina was a waste in the series. Especially Tavia's role in the series. She basically did nothing except being a love interest between Ruco and Kevin. Or the major point of Kevin and Ruco's relationship tearing apart. What's up with Tavia's roles nowadays. Hopefully in her next few series, her character isn't like that. 

How I find Ruco turning this series is not imaginable. I mean what did Tavia and Kevin even do to him to make him turn this evil. The script writer didn't plot out Ruco's evilness that good. All Tavia did was not like him and Kevin holding him back from committing a crime. That was enough to make Ruco hurt Tavia and blame it on Kevin? That was why the series should have been longer so there's a better reason to Ruco turning that evil. 

Glad that everyone had a good ending. I'll have to watch it tonight to find out more.

I quite enjoyed watching Hanjin and Rosina, even more than Sisley and Him. I don't know, Sisley and Him doesn't look that good together; maybe it's because I'm a Him and Mandy fan. But I didn't feel any of their chemistry honestly. 

I initially thought Adrian and Gloria Tang will have a storyline or maybe with Lily, but I guess I was wrong. 

Rosina's acting did have a lot of improvement, but I have a feeling that she won't win the Most Improved Actress award despite the fact that she had tremendous improvement.

See you soon...

#29470 Eeveee

Eeveee

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3699 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:48 AM

foreverleila:

Yea tvb can simply write a new char for Ruco if they intend to open a sequel. I like most of Ruco's performances in his series. He never disappoints. I also wonder why is Tavia's roles these days getting blander and blander ... I'm assuming its going to be the same for her other series. I agree a better reason for Ruco turning evil will be better ... but the series is enjoyable while it lasted. I will be hoping to see a similar cast someday again especially the trio but on a more breaking series.

Hanjin and Rosina has quite a good chemistry throughout ... didn't expect that to happen though because look wise, they don't really match but they are the most enjoyable couple in the series. Yea, Him's best romantic partner is still Mandy ... kinda wish they would collab soon but Him's new drama is the one with Moses and Sisley in May ... guess we have to wait a little longer. I think Rosina would end up going home empty handed too ... it's just too bad there's Grace Chan this time ... and knowing tvb, Grace Chan will definitely win it because she's highly favored even though I don't think she should take it home ... it's not fair. 

#29471 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38801 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:01 AM

Eevee:

Hey you're back!

I just finished watching the ending and I can't believe the ending ended up that way. Tavia's screen time in the last episode was like no more than 5 minutes. But I'm happy at least she got together with Kevin. 

I enjoyed Ruco's character throughout the series as well despite the fact he was the villain. You know I actually thought he was going to be more evil than this. But I would rather see him dying if he was saving Kevin. But couldn't believe he still wanted to kill him. 

Tavia's photographic memory seemed appealing in the beginning of the series but it just got worse as the series progress. It seemed at first that her photographic memory was one of the major points in the series, but they only used it to solve some minor cases. I shouldn't even use the word "some," it was just one or two and then also to find Ruco's wallet. 

I really hope Ruco will get some recognition this year at the awards ceremony. Got to admit he can carry out good and evil roles well. I just noticed this in this series that Ruco can play comedic roles with glasses on. Without his glasses he sets off the cool and evil tones/looks. 

I was happy that Hanjin and Rosina got together at the end. I thought how Hanjin found her was quite touching. That kiss Hanjin gave Alan was hilarious! The look at Jinny and Alan's face was just so funny. 

I was glad to see Sammy's dad getting his business up and roaring again. You know I think the ending for Sammy-Him-Sisley would have been better if Sisley and Him stayed as friends. I just feel sorry for Sammy now.

Darn, another couple more months of wait. So will Him pair up with Sisley again or is there another female lead? 

I'm assuming it's either going to Grace and Sisley. They seem like to be the heap of TVB nowadays. Look at how many series they have this year. With them two, I would prefer Grace over Sisley though. 

See you soon..

#29472 Eeveee

Eeveee

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3699 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:24 AM

foreverleila:

I know ... it's a shame for Tavia to join this series given her status and her acting level is... I think among the ladies, Vivien Yeo got the best role. Yea ... I also expected Ruco to be more evil but didn't happen ... I guess that's because we only got 20 episodes so there's limited time for development ... which is just too bad as there's potential in developing more. I doubt Ruco will get a recognition for this series... despite his outstanding portrayal. I believe his nomination piece will be "Captain of Destiny". I like Ruco's looks better when he doesn't wear spectacles ... kinda look younger. 

I don't really like Him's character ... in Young Charioteers along with Sisley's. Well ... sammy too so basically the three leads is a complete flop. Him's char is so illogical ... his friend made mistakes so many times and he still ask Hanjin not to fire him ... I was like what the heck? Do you think you own the company or you are the boss? Friendship is friendship ... work is work He's not helping the situation but rather put hanjin in a difficult spot. I think Sisley will pair with Moses in the new drama ... Him is 2nd lead after Moses. It just sucks sisley is the first female lead ... she is totally not ready ... hopefully the 2nd female lead will be announced soon and hope it will be someone competent enough because the first female lead is already a weak choice but then since it's a comedy series ... guess the expectation is lower. 

I assume so too ... but I am still hoping its not one of them both because it's not fair ... I am still not impressed by their acting ... I'll be hoping Tracy Chu or Rosina Lam this year. To be honest, I felt last year was undeserving too ... Samantha Ko totally got robbed ... everyone was like it's going to be samantha! But ... at the very end ... no... it's a cold result ... no one was really expecting Priscilla. I think Pris is undeserving last year ... she improves but I think Samantha's improvement is bigger. Really hoping this year will be a deserving year with Rosina or Tracy ... and not Grace or Sisley. 

I think Benjamin stands a good chance this year for awards. He still has quite a amount of series that has yet to air and his improvement is rapid fast ... Back then I prefer watching Him Law but recently since last two years onwards ... Benjamin's acting seems to have surpassed Him's. I don't really like Him Law's performances anymore ... I see 'Him Law' and not the character he is playing in his roles. I wonder is it because of his roles... he doesn't seem to have likable roles anymore as well but acting wise he is really not as good as before anymore. 

Edited by Eeveee, Yesterday, 09:33 AM.

#29473 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38801 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:40 PM

Eevee:
Hey you're back!

Out of these 3 characters Vivien had the best. I thought Becky even had a better role than Tavia. At least she was involved in a case. Tavia had nothing special despite the fact she had photographic memory. That's why initially a series like this would have 30 episodes. I was wrong though. Ruco does look younger without his glasses. Never thought about it until you mentioned it.

I didn't really like their characters either. Like what happened to Alan, he still wanted Hanjin to help keep him in the company. I mean he's not adult now, not a kid anymore.
Really Sisley's is going to be paired up with Moses? Wonder how this would go. This awfully sounds like a weird pairing so far. Great that she won't pair up with Him this time. I'm hoping to see Him with a different pairing, mostly like with Mandy. But then I don't want to see Sisley overshadowing Mandy.

I wanted Samantha to win. I actually thought it was going to be Samantha too because of her role in Line Walker. It was good too. I think Priscilla was nominated to Swipe Tap Love which wasn't half as good as Smantha's role.

I'm hoping either Benjamin or Him will win. I'm good with either of them. I think both has improved quite bit since their first series.

See you soon....

#29474 Eeveee

Eeveee

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3699 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:25 PM

foreverleila:

Yea Becky had a case which was the one which Susan died. I thought she did well as the madam. Tavia is completely wasted ... her ability is a advantage for her to crack case but the script writer didn't fully utilize her role which has so much potential ... very wasteful. 

Probably yes. Long age gap relationship again I supposed. I think Mandy won't be joining this one and praying hard she's not going to even though there's Him Law because like you said, it's not too good for Mandy to be below sisley and also this series is comedy genre ... and Mandy kinda wants to film tragic roles more to train her weak areas. I think Mandy will film something soon ... maybe a one with Ruco since Ruco still has no series yet in his hands. She's taking a break right now with Ruco in cambodia doing some event. They are under the same manager so there's a chance I think. :) 

I think Him Law's roles in recent years haven't been good ... Benjamin has more opportunities trying out variety of roles be it ancient/pre-modern or modern and all his roles are different so we see a change here and there but Him Law is stereotyped to only one type ... the sunshine kind/the prince charming. It would be nice if Him Law is given a chance to play a villain ... I think it will be a big change in his career path. Out of the two for this award, I think I will pick Benjamin ... i find his improvement more visible. 

Edited by Eeveee, Yesterday, 06:28 PM.

#29475 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38801 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:29 PM

Eevee:

Hey you're back!

Becky can carry out those professional and sophisticated roles very well. She has the looks for it. 

Agree Tavia was completely wasted for the series, they can basically find anyone to play her character too. Rosina was a complete waste in the series. As we mentioned before, any cameo can play her role. 

The storyline is an interesting one if the script writer took more time to actually think deeper into it. 

I want Him and Mandy to be in another series but I don't want Mandy to play under Sisley. We obviously know Mandy's acting skills are way better than Sisley's. 

Aww...Ruco and Mandy is a pretty fresh pairing. Hopefully they can create some new sparks for us. 

But Mandy's improving a lot in her acting skills. I was touched by that scene in Tiger Cubs 2 when she exposed her true feelings about her miscarriage to Him. 

It seems like Him's roles recently are just like the same. I didn't really like how their "brotherly" relationship teared apart in Tiger Cubs 2. Especially how he was mad at Joe for not standing up for them. I thought he was rather stupid for being mad. I mean laws are laws. 

I really wonder if Him can pick up a villain role. I honestly can't imagine it like that. 

On a side note, it was re-showing Yes Sir, Sorry Sir and Benjamin was in there as a cop. 

It would be nice to see Benjamin getting recognition for his improvement.

See you soon...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users