#29281 MashiroKun

MashiroKun

http://mashirokun.com/

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3498 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:26 AM

foreverleila:

Yea but looks like he is not ... The ending was quite okay honestly ... but it's sad how Yoyo and Ching Hor Wai died ... Lee Shing Cheung's death was deserved though, he did a lot of evil things. Tavia only had big development in the last two episodes which was a pity ... I wished there's more but I'm glad it's a happy ending though for KenTa. 

Enjoyable series while it lasted   ;) I like watching Yoyo in ancient series, she's a ancient beauty! What do you think of the ending? 

Anyways I'm hoping March or april will have a tvb series that appeal to me like Nobleese Oblige. 

Edited by MashiroKun, 25 January 2015 - 07:31 AM.

#29282 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38040 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 08:23 AM

MashiroKun:

Hey you're back!

I just finished watching the ending right now. Glad that KenTa had a happy ending. When I saw Kenneth in the priest outfit, I was like "Great! He's a priest and she's going to be a nun." But luckily that wasn't the ending at all. I was hoping a bit more from the ending honestly, felt it was a bit rushed. I rather see Lee Sing Cheung going to jail though, but his death is rather deserved. Agreed that Yoyo ad Ching Hor Wai's death is sad. Tavia's mom's death was quite tragic as well. But I guess it would have been better if she ended up dying. She lived for so long was because she wanted to seek revenge. 

It would have been better if they focused more about Tavia's story. I think it would have turned into a better one if she didn't find out like in yesterday's episode.

Luckily Benjamin didn't become evil. He became an official like he wanted. 

I actually wanted Cilla to end up with someone. I was thinking maybe with Kenneth's little brother but their relationship didn't grow much. 

I like watching Yoyo in ancient series as well. Yoyo should come out more to film series. 

See you soon...

#29283 MashiroKun

MashiroKun

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3498 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:17 PM

foreverleila:

Yea the ending was a bit rushed ... I feel sorry for Tavia because she didn't really get to interact much with her mum and her mum just died like that ... I agree it would be much better if Tavia's backstory comes sooner not like squeezing them into the last two episodes ... 

I originally thought Cilla would end up with Benjamin in the end but guess I was wrong ... in the earlier episodes it do seems that Kenneth's little bro has a liking towards Cilla ... I kinda wish they had more development as well but didn't really happen. I agree with you that Yoyo should film more series but then since her husband, Vincent is now very popular, I guess she can just sit back and take care of their daughter? 

But both Vincent and Yoyo's acting chops are honestly very very good ... I like watching them act. 

my area is kinda airing The Drive of Life recently ... sigh kinda wished I wasn't so busy with my courier work ... missed quite a lot of episodes. 

#29284 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38040 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:31 PM

MashiroKun :
Hey you're back!

Totally Tavia and her mom didn't get much interaction with each other. She just died right after telling Tavia that she remembers her. It was all too sad. Too much people sacrificed in this series. Well it wasn't that much but there were 3.

It would have been better if Cilla ended up with someone. Nice to find Benjamin would find the good side of Cilla but too bad he didn't. So both of them ended up alone.

I agree with Vincent is getting more popular.

I like watch the series but more because of the Charray scenes. I'm a huge Charray fan!

See you soon....

#29285 MashiroKun

MashiroKun

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3498 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:40 PM

foreverleila:

Yea it was just too sad ... and I prefer if Cilla have a love interest too ... but too bad she didn't get much development. I felt that her role was quite small and serve very limited purposes ... 

Drive of Life is quite a nice series, I love watching Damien's series, his acting is very convincing ... The Char-Ray scenes are quite nice and I also like Myolie Wu and Ron Ng's character. I'm not that fond of Toby Leung's acting though ... she's the weakest link there. 

Anyways kinda saw one of the scenes in episode 12 of Madam Cutie on Duty where Mandy is crying ... I think her crying skills improved hugely recently. I still remember she's unable to cry and she also mentioned before that crying and emotional scenes are her weakest area ... but after looking at that scene, I doubt her words as it's rather convincing job done by her. 

#29286 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38040 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:30 PM

MashiroKun :
Hey you're back!

It seemed like Cilla's character was there because Tavia needed a friend. Cilla's character seemed a bit useless in the shoe.

World have been nice if it was a Myolie and Ron pairing. Only too bad Ron appeared quite late in the series. I also felt that his character didn't have any high development in the series. Better if the script writer wrote more about his character.

I agree. Mandy's crying scene in last night's episode was pretty good. I'm happy to see Mandy improving in get weaker areas. I felt sorry for get character though, especially in last night's episode.

See you soon...

#29287 MashiroKun

MashiroKun

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3498 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 04:35 PM

foreverleila:

Yea Ron's appearance was very late in the series ... like episode 20+ ... I think Joe's character has the most changes. 

And yea, now Mandy has improved on her weaker areas, proves that she is capable in leading a series as the female lead after all all lead roles requires crying skills. 

Anyways, is Raising The Bar good? :) tbh ... if I were to watch, the only selling point to me is Elaine Yiu and Louis Cheung. I've always enjoyed watching them act. 

#29288 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38040 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 06:35 PM

MashiroKun :
Hey you're back!

Yea Joe's character did have a lot of changes. Charmaine's character had some changes as well.

I'm going in the future Mandy will have more chances to be the lead. Hopefully a new series with Him and Mandy as the lead.

It's actually pretty good. Nice to see all the refreshing characters. With all the seniors backing them up is even better. Nice to see Elaine and Natalie in such mature characters. If you have a chance you should try watching it. Louis just came out yesterday. As for Elaine she was out in the first and second episode but limited screen time.

See you soon...

#29289 MashiroKun

MashiroKun

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3498 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 11:41 AM

foreverleila:

Yea Charmaine as well ... I didn't like how she abandon Raymond like that in the wedding though. 

Mandy should be getting more lead roles already since she is no longer considered a supporting actress.

I see. Thanks for the review about the new series. I might consider trying it sometime in the later half of the year. By the way, heard Young Charioteers is going to be release soon as well since the cast are dubbing for it now. I will be watching that one since it really interests me and I like the cast ... 

#29290 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38040 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 05:25 PM

MashiroKun :
Hey you're back!

It was quite sad to see Charmaine leaving like that. It was painful for her too. She loved him but revenge blinded her eyes.

Young Charioteers looks pretty convincing too. Great to hear that it isfinally going to air.

Are you going to watch that new series?

See you soon....

#29291 MashiroKun

MashiroKun

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3498 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 01:06 PM

foreverleila:

Yea but at least she return to Raymond in the later part ... 

Yes if Young Charioteers is airing soon, then I will definitely be watching that one. The Taiwan sceneries are beautiful. 

#29292 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38040 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:53 PM

MashiroKun :
Hey you're back!

I was glad that they had a happy ending.

Oh I didn't know that they filmed scenes in Taiwan. Did they film in other places?

See you soon...

#29293 MashiroKun

MashiroKun

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3498 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 06:58 AM

foreverleila:

They filmed the series in Hong Kong and Taiwan :) I kinda like watching Sisley Choi and Rosina Lam ... they are comfortable with my eyes somehow ... Sammy Shum also has potential. 

#29294 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38040 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:47 AM

MashiroKun:

Hey you're back!

It's nice seeing some scenery in Taiwan. Never been there before, hopefully someday I will. 

At first I didn't really like Sisley but I'm getting okay with her ever since "Officer Geomancer." Let's see if this new series will make me think even more different of here. I'm also okay with Rosina Lam. 

I want to see Sammy in more series. He definitely showed his potential in "Line Walker." Luckily Shum Mei wasn't able to film this and the producer gave Sammy a chance.I kind of hope he would have won the "Most Improved TV Male Actor" award at last year's anniversary; but I'm okay with Louis winning. I started noticing him more in "Lives of Omission." I think he played as Bosco's assistant. But earlier when I was watching an older sitcom on TV, he was in there as a waiter. I believe the sitcom was "Off Pedder."

See you soon...

#29295 MashiroKun

MashiroKun

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3498 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:25 AM

foreverleila:

I haven't been there as well ... 

and yea, Sisley was more likable in "Officer Geomancer" ... I thought her character there was cute. She's just supporting there ... but in Young Charioteers, she's the lead actress ... hopefully she will perform well as the pressure is much higher. Yea, Sammy's performance in Line Walker was rather good. Producer Jazz has always gave Sammy opportunities but he didn't really make a memorable impression until his role in "Line Walker" finally help to boost his fame up. I kinda wished he had a better partner in Line Walker though ... I don't think Sharon is that good of an actress ... she's probably one of the weakest link in that series. I wasn't surprised when Louis won instead of Sammy because his roles were more breaking ... and Louis performed very well ... I do think out of the five, Louis, Matt and Sammy are the most deserving so I don't mind if any of the three wins it. Jason and Tony are the no no ones. 

looks like Eye in the Sky will air in march as well ... two series that I'm looking forward to. I didn't expect Eye in the Sky to air so early though. 

Edited by MashiroKun, 31 January 2015 - 04:07 PM.

#29296 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38040 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:18 PM

MashiroKun :
Hey you're back!

Hopefully Sisley will be able to perform well as the lead actress. But the topic of the series is pretty interesting. Wish Mandy was the lead....haha...
It was good that Producer Jazz gave Sammy this role. But I agree that Sharon wasn't the best in the series. For some reason I think Sharon performs the best when she gets roles that are "set" for her. Other than that she performs just average.
But I agree that Louis deserved the award. He played so many different types of characters last year. He was able to show that he really improved and show his potential.
I'm not much of a Toby fan. But I think Jason is ok. Jason's acting isn't that up to par yet in my perspective.

Really? I thought Eye in the Sky isn't airing til the summer time. I was looking forward to this series the whole time.

See you soon...

Edited by foreverleila, 31 January 2015 - 07:19 PM.

#29297 MashiroKun

MashiroKun

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3498 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:37 AM

foreverleila:

Yea at first when the news came out for Young Charioteers when they are planning to film it, I was hoping Mandy would be the leading actress ... but then Sisley isn't bad either since this series requires someone who can do sports well ... which Mandy isn't really that good at after all she is more towards Dancing.

Yup, it's nice to see Louis winning ... he improved the most out of the bunch. I agree with you that Jason's acting is not up to par yet ... even though he's with tvb for many years but his acting is still at a raw stage. I think tvb has promoted him before but has now given up. Tony is a up and rising artiste due to connections with one of the executives just like Priscilla even though I'm neutral towards him. 

Yea, Eye in the Sky is airing on March confirmed by the producer ... I was expecting it to air on the summers too ... guess we'll be seeing Rosina in two time slots then. TVB seems to be airing her series very early ... may be a hint tvb is planning to kick out the fierce competitors for Grace Chan for most improved award this year. 

I guess the calender doesn't tele then ... totally not in order for the airing date. Rouge Emperor will likely get a good slot since its the only leading series Kenneth Ma has this year. 

Edited by MashiroKun, Yesterday, 02:35 AM.

#29298 missgeekyspongebob.xx

missgeekyspongebob.xx

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:50 AM

foreverleila:

Nope it doesn't it's just the flavour.

I'm finally back in New Zealand.

#29299 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38040 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:52 AM

MashiroKun:

Hey you're back!

Yup, Mandy is more good with sports. I actually hope that TVB might decide to do another dancing series like "Steps." So Mandy can have a chance in leading. But then they will probably ask Kate to become the lead for the series then. 

I'm okay with Tony and Jason but wouldn't be considered as my favorite newbies out of the batch. I haven't seen Tony in a lot of series, hoping there will be some improvement in some of his acting. He has quite a few series coming out this year.

I thought it was going to get aired in the summer too. But I guess it's airing soon then expected. But like you stated usually series that get aired earlier on in the year doesn't win any awards during the award season. But I'm okay with Grace winning. Though only seen her in two series, but her acting's pretty good.

That's not the only Kenneth series Kenneth has right? Doesn't he still have the one with Niki Chow?

See you soon...

missgeekyspongbob:

Hey you're back!

Did you have a fun trip? Glad you are back home!

See you soon...

#29300 MashiroKun

MashiroKun

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3498 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:55 AM

foreverleila:

Yea they'll likely get Kate if its a dancing series ... Benjamin may also get cast since he can dance well too. 

Tony will be in Eye in the Sky. He also has Captain of Destiny in his hands. 

Yeap... it's just too bad rosina's series airs too early ... which will definitely be forgotten during awards ... same goes to Tavia. She has lots of series but out of them, her role in Eye in the Sky seems to be the best one. I'm neutral towards Grace ... I will be watching Captain of Destiny when it airs so I'll see how she does there because she hasn't wowed me in Overachievers. 

Sadly, that's the only Kenneth's leading series he has this year ... Rouge Emperor is the one which also stars Niki Chow. He's also in Lord of Shanghai but just a supporting character. 

#29301 missgeekyspongebob.xx

missgeekyspongebob.xx

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:28 PM

foreverleila:

Yes I did, I didn't even want to come home haha.

#29302 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38040 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:44 PM

MashiroKun :
Hey you're back!

I guess it wouldn't be bad to see Kate and Mandy leading together. Benjamin can always pair up with Mandy. I believe that Kenneth knows how to dance since he was in Strictly Come Dancing. Then Kenneth can pair up with Kate.

I forgot that Tony was in Eye in the Sky. I knew he was in Captain Destiny.

Eye in the Sky seems to be the only good Tavia series this year. If they air it so early I doubt it can help her win the Best Actress award this year.
Oh yeah forgot that Captain Destiny that Grace is the female lead. Let see how it will go for her.

I've completely forgot the name to the new series. Let's hope to see a good performance from him in Rouge Emperor.would like to see him win the Best Actor award.

See you soon....

missgeekyspongbob:
Hey you're back!

Aww...you were having too much fun. Now you got to tell me about it.

See you soon...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users