369 replies to this topic

#321 spingz78

spingz78

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 11:50 PM

wonder anyone know how many episode for Happy Together / 青梅竹馬 series?

#322 ivinew

ivinew

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 03:54 PM

http://photos-e.ak.f...969506_5195.jpg

does anyone know who this guy is?

#323 Snowflakes Dance

Snowflakes Dance

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 04:03 PM

hai... i needv some help...
i've been thinking bout this thing for months....
when i was little gurl...
i used to watch one drama....
the story is bout a girl and her sister....
at the beginning,everybody love her sister...even the guy that she love,in relationship with her sister...
her sister is a ballet dancers....her sister is like a swan in people eyes.....
but,suddenly,she got to know that actually the guy that she love is acually in love with her....
that guy arrange 1 meeting with her sister to tell truth bout his feeling...
unfortunately,on the way they were going to the place decided,they crash in an accdent...
her sister leg got injured in the accdnt and since that,her sister cant walk anymore....
so,that guy had to get married with her sister...eventhough he is in love with someone else...
the gurl sister doesnt know bout this at the beginning....
after her sister marriage,the gurl married with other guy....family arrange marriage...and move to oversea
as time goes by,the gurl get in love wiv her husband....
as for her sister,she accidently got to know the story bout her husband is actually in love with her younger sister...
this things changed her a lot...she started to behave badly.....
after few years....the gurl back to her country.....
this time,things had changed,in people eyes,
the gurl looks like swan....
at the end,the gurl stay with his husband while her sister divorced with her husband....
there is 'romance' words in the title of the story...
but i totally forgot what is the title...
somebody help me please....

If I'm not mistaken, you're referring to "Dream Link" series. Casts: Zhang Jia Ni, Qin Lan, Bao Jian Feng, Alex Fong

#324 VanBee

VanBee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 12:53 AM

Anyone know when and where the One Million Star season 7 auditions will be?

#325 e46chris

e46chris

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 06:21 PM

Hmm... there's a possibility that it's this long-running variety show called 綜藝大哥大/Zong Yi Da Ge Da (Variety Big Brother). They change segments a lot on that show, but they have had one recently that matches your description. And there's a new singer in Taiwan named Alisa... to my knowledge, she's from America... which would explain why she sang in English.

Hope that helps! :)

yes, that is the right show! i figured it out- her name is alisa galper. :D thanks for your help!

#326 xclusivelymeeh

xclusivelymeeh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 06:34 PM

there is a ringtone that i hear within the taiwanese dramas. it was in autumn's concerto and p.s man. what is that ringtone?

#327 jammed

jammed

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:04 AM

i only know her name is Leah but don't know her full name. i heard that she is a celebrity in taiwan.

My link

Posted Image

sorry for the mess. i just don't see where the edit button is.

Edited by Ait Wang, 11 March 2012 - 02:55 PM.
removed imageshack links

#328 mahsuri1284

mahsuri1284

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 10:51 PM

Hi, everyone. I need help to find the title of a series for my friend. She's not sure what the name of the show since she only managed to catch a few of the episodes. Here are some of the details that she remembers (in purple).

The main character is a female, I think she was sent away at some point in her childhood, so she currently lives in a boarding house. She works as a cleaning lady (washing windows and floors), but she doesn't want her mother (?) to know that she is working for money. Later on, her mother did find out that her daughter was in fact working and there was a scene where mother and daughter were both kneeling on the floor washing the floor.

The main character is also visiting the hospital often. There is a cute doctor there who she is attracted to. They may have been childhood friends (but I am not sure about this). They broke up in early part of the series. She was found crying in the park by her boss (the man who once threatened to fire her) and they talked about relationships. Later on, she and doctor does reconcile and they hug.

I believe that the boss is played by Tzi Ma**, but I don't recognize any of the other actors.

I am not sure if this helps or not ... I really want to watch the rest of this. I heard that this drama came out within the last two years or so and was very popular. Hope somebody can give me some insight.

Thanks in advance for your help!

** I've tried checking out Tzi Ma's list of work but there's no clue either (I don't know if my friend is sure that it's really Tzi Ma or someone who looks like him)

#329 the_master_noob

the_master_noob

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:03 PM

hi!
i am searching for another drama to watch. i really enjoyed stand up (japanese drama) and 18 censored or not (taiwanese drama). is there any more of them?

what i want is kinda comedy, love, guys try to pick up girls, a little dirty fantasy xD

dont need to be jdrama or tdrama, but i prefer it =)

thx in advance

#330 shockwavemasta

shockwavemasta

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:58 AM

http://tw.sugoitw.com/hit-2010-04-07/
does anybody know who the girl named liz in the vid is?
if she's some idol or something :D
i'd like to know for example wat dramas she's been in or how old she is
typical stuff.

#331 wackydude

wackydude

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 07:05 PM

I'd just want to know this one shows name...i saw it on Tudou on the other day but now i can't find it there anymore

The show was very funny! There were two male hosts (other one was a little chubby). They had some celebrity guests and they played these hilarious games. First was this game of cards with huge micky mouse hands (big white gloves) and if you lost you'd get hit by this stick lol. Then they played a few other games and in the end someone won some money i guess?

ANY IDEA WHAT SHOW I'M TALKING ABOUT???? Help me plz

#332 Peggy

Peggy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:17 PM

i was wondering when the 2010 hito radio music awards are thanks (:

#333 Peggy

Peggy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:07 AM

can someone give me a list of current taiwan bands?

Edited by kei_chan06, 27 July 2010 - 09:51 PM.

#334 redding

redding

whats wrong? CONFUSED?!

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2075 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:15 AM

asus, i think..

ding dai fung, if thats still taiwanese. thats all i know lol

#335 Guest_Guestneedshelp_*

Guest_Guestneedshelp_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:40 PM

hey guys!

I need your help!

Do you know her ?? :)

Posted Image
Posted Image

PLEAAAAAASE! Hope you can help me!

Thanks a loooot! :*

Posted Image
one more

Edited by ★cinnamon_coffee, 10 August 2010 - 07:04 AM.
merged posts

#336 ★cinnamon_coffee

★cinnamon_coffee

我相信

• Forum Seniors
  • 1407 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:42 PM

This is Cynthia Wang or Wang Xin Ru, Taiwanese actress and singer

Edited by ★cinnamon_coffee, 09 August 2010 - 09:43 PM.

#337 Guest_Guestneedshelp_*

Guest_Guestneedshelp_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:03 PM

Thank you sooooooooo much!! I'm from germany and a girl is using her pictures and pretending that she is her!!!! a friend of mine is fallin' in love with her, sending her gifts. the same with loooooots of guys more!!! so really thank you!!

I just googled "Cynthia Wang or Wang Xin Ru" i dont think it's her :(

Edited by ★cinnamon_coffee, 10 August 2010 - 07:09 AM.
merged posts

#338 J.Da.nie.l Joong

J.Da.nie.l Joong

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:04 PM

ahaaa is that really true? Well I wouldn't blame those guys for being attracted. I mean she's stunning, especially in the first picture. I wonder what the manipulative girl who's leading those guys on really looks like then.

#339 Guest_Guestneedshelp_*

Guest_Guestneedshelp_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:24 PM

yeah! i also really want to know it. the girl on the picture is really goregous.
the girl who's pretend being her, talks on the phone with guys. and says her name is "Quynh Huong" a vietnamese name. i dont think that she is vietnamese. and on all her upload pic's, she's always alone, no others. the guys fall in love with her and send her loooots of valentine gifts. haha but when they want to meet her, she said she is busy. no body has ever seen her before. so i'm searching in the internet and hoping you guys can help :)
maybe this girl on the picture is no star, but she definitely is not the"Vietnamese girl" in Germany,

you guys are so gentle, thank you!

here some more picture's

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#340 J.Da.nie.l Joong

J.Da.nie.l Joong

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:37 PM

haha, well at least let us see the convo between you guys when you catch her out and expose her. xD

I'm trying to search aswell... can't find anything though.

well, this is wang xin ru
My link
Is this her? There is a resemblance...

Edited by J.Da.nie.l Joong, 09 August 2010 - 10:38 PM.

#341 Guest_Guestneedshelp_*

Guest_Guestneedshelp_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:44 PM

no i dont think so. wang xin ru teeth looks better. :)

Posted Image
Posted Image

#342 ★cinnamon_coffee

★cinnamon_coffee

我相信

• Forum Seniors
  • 1407 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:05 AM

You know what, you must've mix something up cause on this http://www4.pic-uplo...uhnwo83cu5n.jpg photo you showed, this is Cynthia Wang for 100% but as for the other pics... I looked at them carefully and it's another girl indeed.

#343 tailgunner

tailgunner

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:38 AM

Does anyone have any news about Gina Lin? I remember watching her a long time ago in Marmalade Boy, where she played Arimi, and she made quite an impression. But I really haven't followed her. Hope you guys can post pics or links to her images. Thanks.

#344 Shingyboy

Shingyboy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 08:05 PM

In the closing credits of the movie Love in Disguise there is this song that is sung by a female and I really like the sound of the song and have been trying to find it everywhere but I don't know who it is by or what the song is called, can someone help me identify it?

#345 blackangel2073

blackangel2073

Free Shrugs

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 11:49 AM

hai... i needv some help...
i've been thinking bout this thing for months....
when i was little gurl...
i used to watch one drama....
the story is bout a girl and her sister....
at the beginning,everybody love her sister...even the guy that she love,in relationship with her sister...
her sister is a ballet dancers....her sister is like a swan in people eyes.....
but,suddenly,she got to know that actually the guy that she love is acually in love with her....
that guy arrange 1 meeting with her sister to tell truth bout his feeling...
unfortunately,on the way they were going to the place decided,they crash in an accdent...
her sister leg got injured in the accdnt and since that,her sister cant walk anymore....
so,that guy had to get married with her sister...eventhough he is in love with someone else...
the gurl sister doesnt know bout this at the beginning....
after her sister marriage,the gurl married with other guy....family arrange marriage...and move to oversea
as time goes by,the gurl get in love wiv her husband....
as for her sister,she accidently got to know the story bout her husband is actually in love with her younger sister...
this things changed her a lot...she started to behave badly.....
after few years....the gurl back to her country.....
this time,things had changed,in people eyes,
the gurl looks like swan....
at the end,the gurl stay with his husband while her sister divorced with her husband....
there is 'romance' words in the title of the story...
but i totally forgot what is the title...
somebody help me please....

I Think the series you mean is "Dreams Link" but i am most likely wrong. I never watched the whole series myself but from synopsis and little clips here and there it kinda sounds like your description.
its about two sisters "Zi Ling is a dreamer who has always been overshadowed by her perfect older sister Lu Ping. For a long time, she's secretly been in love with Chu Lian, who also happens to be Lu Ping's boyfriend. Lu Ping is busy with her own dream of becoming a successful professional dancer and has little time for Chu Lian. Conflict arises when Chu Lian realizes that the one he truly loves is Zi Ling. An unfortunate accident forces a guilt-ridden Chu Lian to enter an unhappy marriage with Lu Ping, but he is unable to forget Zi Ling. Fei Yun Fan is a mysterious, wealthy, and much older man who loves Zi Ling with all his heart. Hoping to move on with her life, Zi Ling gradually reciprocates Fei Yun Fan's affection. " (dramawiki)
i remember that the prettier sister injured her leg in it
i hope this helps, my apologizes if I have given your the wrong drama

#346 gwx11

gwx11

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 03:23 AM

I think this is considered random, concerning Rainie Yang's Ten Years of Rainie Live DVD.

After the performance of 你是壞人at around 1:04:13 of Disc 2, Rainie tells the audience that whenever she sends a message (I assume Text Message) she would always add the four words: Jue Wu Lun Chang.

My questions are:

Is this one of those Chinese idioms, like, for example 骑虎难下.

And regardless of yes or no, I'd like to know if it has any meaning whatsoever.

#347 C.C.

C.C.

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 11:59 PM

Hey everyone! I was wondering if I could get some help for my random question xD Can anyone tell me who are all in this picture? I know the girls are from Hey Girl...or used to be I think. Are all of them now members of Legend Star or something? Thanks for the help!

http://img.photobuck...0100041020.jpg/

Hey everyone! I was wondering if I could get some help for my random question xD Can anyone tell me who are all in this picture? I know the girls are from Hey Girl...or used to be I think. Are all of them now members of Legend Star or something? Thanks for the help!

http://img.photobuck...0100041020.jpg/

Sorry I can't seem to find the edit button but the link doesn't seem to work D:

Posted Image

#348 naing389

naing389

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:56 AM

Hi,
Does anyone know who this actress is (What is her name in either Chinese or English)? I mean the lady at the front of the picture (not the old lady).
http://img168.imagev...1_122_728lo.jpg
She can be seen at 1:43 and some other parts of this video:

Also I believe she is the one in purple (of the two ladies) in this video:

I think she was involved in some old series in the early 90s.
Thanks in advance.

#349 Surrender2Air

Surrender2Air

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:32 PM

I know in the US bands use websites like Soundcloud, Bandcamp, Myspace, Facebook, Tunecore, Purevolume, etc. to put up music for fans to listen to and to post tour dates or just keep in touch with fans. Do musicians in Taiwan, Japan, and other Asian countries have similar websites they use? For up and coming artists in Asia, what do they use to get their music out there?

I'd like to explore some Asian bands, not just the chart toppers but also some of the others.

#350 melonhellen

melonhellen

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:03 PM

Okay so I am looking for the drama the legend of speed 2 and original scent of summer.....i can't seem to find these two anywhere i look. So if anyone knows please tell me where :))) THANK YOU!!!!

#351 Shining★mjjeje

Shining★mjjeje

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 03:00 PM

Hey guys, I've been searching this whole time where can I watch any TW variety/talk show but I can't find any of this with english sub. Hmm, can anyone help me where to watch it with english sub please. Thank you so much!

#352 ahmee

ahmee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:25 PM

Hi everyone!

My friend recently went to Taiwan and he passed by this event where these two models/celebrities were promoting Columbia sportswear I think. He asked me if I knew who they were, but I didn't. I think they just look like regular models...and they look more like Hong Kong people instead of Taiwanese people. hahah Does anyone know who they are? Thanks! :)

Posted Image

#353 Lesliebeloved

Lesliebeloved

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:42 PM

I'll be going away for vacation next month. Anyone knows where can I watch 金色摩天轮 full story? Please advise.

#354 zkkhtet

zkkhtet

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:05 PM

I'll be going away for vacation next month. Anyone knows where can I watch 金色摩天轮 full story? Please advise.

you can go and try @ 56.com

#355 YellowJello573

YellowJello573

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 04:10 AM

I'm going to Taiwan this Dec 2011-Jan 2012 and I would like to go to a concert(s) (Jay Chou, Leehom, JJ Lin, etc). I was wondering if someone could give me sites that I can see lists of concerts and how to buy tickets? I tried googling Leehom concerts... But most of the sites weren't updated with the upcoming concerts. Also, aren't there concerts for the New Year? Could some one give me more information about it? I will be mainly in Taipei, but I'm planning on traveling around the country.

Your help would be much appreciated! :D

#356 Lunasol

Lunasol

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:24 PM

Hey ya'll : )
I'm planning a visit to Taiwan next year and I would like to visit some of the universities showed in several Taiwanese dramas, does anyone know the real names of the Universities??

I read somewhere that Meteor Garden was filmed in National Chung Cheng University

I'd still like to know about Devil Beside you, Smiling Pasta and Love Contract

Does anyone have any idea? :P :yeah

#357 ★cinnamon_coffee

★cinnamon_coffee

我相信

• Forum Seniors
  • 1407 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:07 AM

Hey guys, I've been searching this whole time where can I watch any TW variety/talk show but I can't find any of this with english sub. Hmm, can anyone help me where to watch it with english sub please. Thank you so much!

You can check out kkoli23's YT channel for some snippets of YLBFB and maybe other shows, too. Sometimes she subs whole eps, if they are interesting.

Hey ya'll : )
I'm planning a visit to Taiwan next year and I would like to visit some of the universities showed in several Taiwanese dramas, does anyone know the real names of the Universities??

I read somewhere that Meteor Garden was filmed in National Chung Cheng University

I'd still like to know about Devil Beside you, Smiling Pasta and Love Contract

Does anyone have any idea? :P :yeah

Devil Beside You: Yuan Ze University and Ching Yun University; as for the rest - no idea.

#358 Joey77774

Joey77774

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 01:34 PM

Anyone know where i can watch 'You are the apple of my eye'? (那些年,我們一起追的女孩) its a taiwanesse drama and ive heard it has excellent reviews but i cant find any places to watch it. anyone?

#359 adoreai

adoreai

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:22 AM

I would really like to watch the movie called "Love" that has an ensemble cast including Ethan Ruan, Shu Qi, Ivy Chen, Mark Chao, Amber Kuo, Eddie Peng, Zhao Wei, and Doze Niu. Does anyone know where I can find it? I was going to watch it in the theater in New York, but it has already stopped showing. If you know where I can watch it online (English subs would be great, but not absolutely necessary), please let me know by sending me a private message. Thanks in advance!

#360 mark187

mark187

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:18 AM

Posted Image

who is she?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fang ya xian, gina lin, lin li fei, lin fong jiao, sien, stephanie huo, yeung rui, yu li, 愛 love movie, song damin, 宋達民, 年代much台, yuk jihye, taiwanese movie, love story, nicholas teo, just singing and dancing, drama reviews ?, tian ya, horizon true heart, subtitle

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Yahoo (1)