70 replies to this topic

#41 Kim4ever

Kim4ever

✰★ 咸濕婆 ★✰

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14224 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:48 PM

Such a misleading title! Great to see ppl donating blood and she shouldn't have been skipping breakfast since its the most important meal of the day! :P

#42 hellomashi

hellomashi

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1738 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 05:12 PM

Haha, the title is very misleading. But really good to see that artists donate blood too!

#43 Seattlefanatic

Seattlefanatic

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 05:32 PM

How much more weight is she trying to lose? Now its all mental. :argh

#44 bakzhang

bakzhang

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2126 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 05:44 PM

She does look thinner. Yeah, the title is very misleading. I guess that's how people try to get your attention. and I was 'attracted'

#45 corinnelsl

corinnelsl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 07:36 AM

this title is misleading.... is good to donate blood and can help people...
breakfast is the most important meal in one day , we can eat less at night or juz fruit but cannot skip breakfast

#46 xxMiya

xxMiya

NOT YET

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4826 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:40 AM

The joke she made is lame. XD It's nice of her to donate blood though. And yeah... I think she looks okay now. It might not be good for her health if she continues to lose weight... :O

#47 saintangel928

saintangel928

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:34 AM

the title of the article is a bit misleading. it is nice of her to donate blood as it will be able to give it to someone who needs it. she looks great... just that her hair is a bit weird though.

#48 langjai26

langjai26

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 02:23 AM

The title was misleading indeed, but it was nice or her to donate blood though. The joke was not funny kinda corny in a way but i guess that is what came up at the time.

#49 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15337 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 01:13 AM

Posted Image

Source: Oriental Daily
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums/

Joyce Cheng & boyfriend Mark Ryan has consensus for marriage

Joyce Cheng and her boyfriend Mark Ryan have been dating for 4 years. Mark has several different positions - a triathlon, a teacher, a designer and an artist. However, most recently Mark has been labeled as a playboy.

Mark came to HK several years ago as an English teacher, in the recent year he has become the Course Director of the Kids PhD Education Center, personally writing up his own curriculum for the young students. A career in teaching has helped Mark gain a deeper understanding of the teaching concepts HK parents have for their children. Because Mark knows Lei Dou Bar's boss, and he knows that Mark is a designer, so invited Mark to draw on the walls of the bar. Mark conveyed the HK education perspective that he knows in his drawings.

Yesterday Joyce Cheng accepted a radio interview and personally admitted that Mark Ryan is her boyfriend. She said: "Last month, I already announced it on a radio program." As for the rumors of her break up with Mark? Joyce shared her love story. Turns out that the two went to the same university, but did not know each other then. It was only until when the two went on an online dating site and saw each other's photo resembling a model that they found attractive, so the made arrangements to meet up. This year it is already their 4th year of dating. Joyce laughed and said the first time they had 'western food', Mark had a very good temper: "My mom called him 'Ah Jai'. If my mom wasn't listening and didn't watch what she was eating, once Mark says one word, she becomes very obedient and stops. I asked Mark before what he likes about me, he said that love can't be explained. We have consensus for marriage."

As for her boyfriend putting his fresco paintings on the walls in Lan Kwai Fong? She said: "I saw the news. (Did you give him advice?) I have absolutely zero talent in drawing." Asked if the two have the same interests? Joyce thought for a moment before answering: "I like him, he likes me!"

Also, recently Mark has been labeled as a playboy. Mark responded saying that he really doesn't understand why the public thinks he's a playboy: "I never done anything, is it because I appeared in Lan Kwai Fong? Fortunately I don't understand Chinese, or else it'll be hard to bear. (Joyce said you had marriage consensus with her?) We are still young, life is short, don't think too much, if you like it, then go for it. When dating someone, don't have to explain, I don't like to say too much because I don't want the public to be focusing on our relationship. Joyce and I will go do things we like and dream of doing"

#50 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36865 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:40 AM

Joyce Cheng reminds her father Adam Cheng: "You're not 20 anymore!"
Wednesday December 1, 2010 Hong Kong
Source: Mingpao

Posted Image

The day before, Adam Cheng was shooting studio scenes for TVB series The War of Heart and encountered an accident. He lost his balance and fell into a 4 meter deep fake hole, injuring his right shoulder and sent to the hospital. His daugther Joyce Cheng learned of her father's accident and was frightened to tears. She even cried as she scold her father.

Yesterday the media contacted Adam, his wife (Koon Ching Wah) answered for him. She said Adam is currently resting, and after doctors examinations, there were no injuries on his shoulder or neck bones. The doctor prescribed him with painkillers and has to rest 6 days. However, Adam didn't want to interrupt the studio schedule, so went back to work today. At work, when his wife helped him put the medication on his shoulder, Adam could not help but shout out he was in pain. Adam said on the day of the accident, he had to look after the little girl who was shooting with him and be aware of his expressions, while saying his lines, so he completely forgot about his personal safety.

Joyce was frightened to tears when she heard about Adam's accident. She said after she heard about Adam being sent to the hospital, she lost contact with him and was very worried. Later, her father called her back and comforted her, telling her not to worry, he's fine. She thought about how her father had always had a lot of energy, and was afraid he's too hard working, thinking he's interrupting the filming schedule, so he'll force himself to get back to work, Joyce reminded her father: "You are not 20 years old anymore!"

#51 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36865 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 03:51 AM

Joyce Cheng exposes late mother Lydia Shum did drugs before
Wednesday December 15, 2010 Hong Kong

Posted Image

Joyce Cheng and MC Jin attended an anti-drug promotion yesterday. She said that when she was studying overseas, she's seen lots of people who done drugs: "Really can't believe drugs are that accessible. Many people smoked marijuana, and some people even had the powder stuff, I don't know what it is, but luckily I didn't try it!"

Joyce directly said that her mother (Lydia Shum) once admitted to her that she had done drugs before: "She did it when she was a teenager, it felt terrible, mouth gets dried and you want to vomit. My mom and I are very people who like to play, I felt that if my mom didn't think it's necessary (drugs), then I don't need it." Ask if she was surprised to find out her mom did drugs before? She said: "I immediately asked her if she made a mistake, ruined my image of her."

MC Jin also admitted that he was exposed to drugs. When he was at the recording studio overseas, smoking marijuana was something common. He said: "Of course it's just some of them, not all. Others had it, I had it. (Someone tempted you?) Most definitely, but it's not like what you see in the movies, that kind where they tell you to come try it. 18 or 19 year olds is the time where there's lack of awareness, now when I think back, I feel it's pretty crazy! (When did you quit?) Not quit, it's awareness, aware that God really does love me, so I have to take good care of my own health too, it is a change in mentality!" He expressed that religion helped him stay away from drugs, and sighed that drugs and young people is a serious problem: "No matter if it's alcohol or drugs, it's harmful to the health and should pay more attention!"

#52 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36865 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 10:56 PM

Joyce Cheng Clarifies Her Mom Didn't Use Drugs
Sunday December 26, 2010 Hong Kong

Posted Image

Earlier Joyce Cheng exposed her mom Lydian Shum, who passed away two years ago, once used drugs in the past. But when she attended to an event yesterday, she cleared up that it was a misunderstanding and her mom does not have this habit. She said: "It's good everyone is asking me again, I also want to talk about it. I'm really shock to see headlines on the newspaper saying 'Joyce Cheng Exposes Lydian Shum Used Drugs.' I really need to clear this up, she does not have this habit and it never happened. It's a language misunderstanding. I'm very upset by this. (Your originally meaning was?) Don't want to talk about it more because I don't want to create more misunderstanding. I'll try harder to learn Chinese to prevent more misunderstanding. If I hurt anyone, I'm really sorry. Plus I don't want to hurt my mom."

Joyce said she talked to her dad Adam Cheng but did not specially talked about this incident, only asked his hand injury. She said: "He also asks me about my new album. Originally he couldn't come to my press release, but he said he can come now."

As for how she spent Christmas, Joyce said she ate turkey with a bunch of friends and received a calendar with designer shoes on every page. Asked whether boyfriend gave her anything, she said: "I received a handbag earlier, something expensive that I wouldn't want to waste money on, worth about 5-digit."

Source: Mingpao / Translation: KAY @ Kay's Entertainment

#53 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36865 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 01:45 AM

Kate Tsui & Joyce Cheng as 'twins' to fight over Bosco Wong
Wednesday December 29, 2010 Hong Kong

Posted Image Posted Image

It's going to be a busy schedule for next year's Lunar New Year. Just Hong Kong films alone, there are many good choices. Action films, there is Nicholas Tse, Jackie Chan and Fan Bing Bing's EEG film New Shaolin Temple, Comedy films there are Sandra Ng and Tony Leung's I Love Hong Living Happy Forever, Louis Koo and Cecilia Cheung's All Well, Ends Well 2011, Louis Koo and Sandra Ng's Mr. and Mrs. Incredible. Both Louis and Sandra are 'hitting themselves'.

Sandra Ng and Tony Leung's I Love Hong Kong film incorporates little stars like Mag Lam and Wong Cho Lam. Joyce Cheng and Kate Tsui are also going to pretend to be 'twins' to fight for Bosco Wong. Producer Eric Tsang's good friend Anita Yuen will also be guest starring. All Well, Ends Well selling point is the pairing between hot makeup artist played by Louis Koo and Cecilia Cheung's comeback work. There will also be Donnie Yen, Carina Lau, Chapman To and Lynn Hung making an appearance. Also Sandra and Louis's other film Mr. and Mrs. Incredible has different costumes.

#54 •iWasteTime•

•iWasteTime•

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1123 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 05:51 AM

Joyce officially released her first album 有故事的人 (Someone with a Story) today.
She teared up during the press conference, and a lot of artists went to support her. Her mom would be very proud of her!

Tracklist
Spoiler

兄弟 MV
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi5V2fuSaIw

半份關心 MV

And of course the MV to 有故事的人!

#55 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36865 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:40 PM

Joyce Cheng's Debut Album is Sales Chart Winner
Wednesday January 19, 2011 Hong Kong

Posted Image

Joyce Cheng's debut album <有故事的人> [rough translation: Person With Stories] has received good response after it was released and additional copies are being printed. Her album is number 1 on the Chinese album sales chart of music stores HMV, Hong Kong Records, and CD Warehouse this week. Her single "_" is also at the number 1 spot of TVB's Jade Solid Gold and RTHK's Chinese Gold Songs Chart.

Joyce says she is very happy that people like her album. She promises to try harder at work and will not disappoint everyone. Recently she is busy promoting her second single <半份關心>, new drama "7 Days in Life," and movie "I Love Hong Kong." She will not have several days off until Chinese New Year.

#56 SUSIE-DANG-1988

SUSIE-DANG-1988

~ TVB ADDICT ~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4454 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:43 PM

I've finally listened to her album and gotta say pretty good.
I did actaully like her singing when she sang some of TVB theme songs.
But, sorry to all joyce fans out there... her acting is abit blehh.. I don't really like her acting in <7 days> I dunno if she's supposed to act like that but it's just abit "qwa" I know she's still new, but I just think she needs to stick with her singing. But anyways, add oil to her!

#57 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36865 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:39 AM

Joyce Cheng does not dare to write a song for Lydia Shum
Monday February 28, 2011 Hong Kong

Posted Image

Joyce Cheng accepted a radio interview with CRHK. She reveals that her debut album will release in October, there will be one Mandarin song written by her. She said: "This is my first song that I wrote the lyrics for. I used the computer to type out the Mandarin pinyin to write the lyrics and spent a week to complete. I was really afraid, but my company accepted it! In fact my boss told me to write 2 songs, I currently only have one." Joyce expressed that the easier time to get inspirations are during showers, unfortunately she is someone who has zero memory. One time I composed a good song while showering, but the moment I stepped out, I forgot it. She laughed: "So I am really bad at remembering lyrics, the scripts in series are better because there is someone there opposite of you."

Asked if she'll write a song for her late mother Lydia Shum? She said: "My Chinese has to get better first, I don't want it to be sloppy. (English lyrics?) Depends, sometimes the lyrics I write aren't the best. I already wrote one, will have to save up a period of time before my Chinese gets better." She said that although her Chinese has improved, there are still some Chinese characters she still has to rely on the pinyin.

#58 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36865 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:51 AM

Joyce Cheng cries in regret she never played golf with god-father Alan Tang before his death
Wednesday March 30, 2011 Hong Kong

Posted Image

Yesterday at around 9pm, Alan Tong passed away at the age of 64 in his home after suffering from a stroke. In 2008, at his late good friend Lydia Shum's memorial service, he publicly made an angry remark towards Adam Cheng for not giving care for his daughter Joyce Cheng as a father. Last night, Adam and his wife appeared in Hong Kong Coliseum to rehearse for his upcoming concert. At the scene, Adam appeared professional and focused entirely on rehearsing with his partner Liza Wang. However, he declined to do an interview. Towards 'Student Prince' Alan's death, she felt grief.

As Alan's god-daughter, Joyce Cheng attended World Vision's 8-Hour Elderly Famine press conference yesterday. Towards her god-father's death, Joyce strongly tried to hold in her sorrow as she said: "Last night, I was informed by his family, but I didn't go to his house. (How long have you not seen him?) Last year I saw god father at my god mother's Halloween Birthday party.... very sudden, I didn't know he had heart disease. Usually when I see him, he appears very healthy, playing golf, going to the gym, hiking up the mountain, but in the last few years I know it's been difficult for him, flying all over the place for his business."

It was rumored that back then when Joyce's two 'fathers' had a fallout, her relationship with god-father was damaged. Joyce anxiously denied: "No, absolutely not. We know he cared a lot about my mom when he was so emotional. He's very concern of me and loves me, I'm not mad at him. He treats me like his daughter." When speaking of the current moment, Joyce emotionally teared up: "He left with so much grief, he's always saying I have a tummy, and told me to keep fit. He told me to play golf, but I didn't think about it at all, I really regret it."

Yesterday morning, Alan's two daughters appeared at the funeral home, she said: "Thank you for the concern, our family is not feeling good, we hope the media can finish up and leave. Give us some time to recover our emotions."

#59 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36865 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:42 AM

Joyce Cheng Will Turn Down BF's Proposal
Thursday April 7, 2011 Hong Kong

Posted Image

Joyce Cheng attended to an event yesterday. She took a quiz and the result is that she is loyal to her boyfriend. Asked whether it's true with her boyfriend Mark Ryan, she joked: "I'm very unfaithful. I'll look at handsome guys! Is he perfect? I actually want to know whether I'm perfect in his heart." The couple have been dating for 4 years now and talked about marriage, but she said: "I just started my career these 2 years. If he proposes, I'll kill him! I need to release another album, don't stop me."

Talk about her father Adam Cheng didn't talk about old friend Tang Kwong Wing, who just passed away, Joyce said: "Maybe he wanted to talk about concert, so he didn't brought that up. In fact he is very sad."

#60 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36865 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:23 AM

Joyce Cheng tearfully sings a song in memory of her mother
Wednesday November 30, 2011 Hong Kong
Translated by aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums/

Posted Image

The other night, Joyce Cheng held her debut concert at KITEC (Kowloonbay International Trade & Exhibition Center). Aside from her father Adam Cheng attending to show his support, her half-sister (Cheng Wing Si) and Western boyfriend Mark Ryan attended. Other artists who came to support Joyce included TVB Executive Virgina Lok, Aimee Chan, Jade Kwan, and Remus Choy.

On stage, Joyce teared up three times. When speaking of her late mother Lydia Shum, she couldn't get her words out: "I know there are a lot of friends here supporting me, but a very important person (points up to the air)... this song I have put my tears away and sing it for my mom." When Joyce was interviewed, she revealed she personally invited her father and younger sister to attend. When asked who is more important, her father or boyfriend? She said: "Both are just as important!" Joyce hopes to hold a concert in HK Coliseum and invite her father to duet with her on stage. After the show, she wants to go out for hotpot and have a good meal.

#61 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36865 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:46 AM

Joyce Cheng ends 5.5 year relationship with Western boyfriend, denies hot Korean model is third party
Tuesday April 10, 2012 Hong Kong
Posted Image
(Korean model - Jin with Joyce)
Posted Image
(Mark Ryan)
24 year old Joyce Cheng announced she broke up with her Western boyfriend Mark Ryan two months ago. The two dated for 5 and half years. All along, Mark hoped to make some accomplishments in his career first before he marries Joyce, in order to prevent misunderstandings that he's only after Joyce's assets, in which her mother Lydia Shum left her. Unfortunately, the relationship didn't work and it was rumored that Joyce has a handsome Korean model (Ah Jin) as the third party.

Not long after Joyce started her music career, Mark also established his career in education. The 29 year old Mark planned to marry Joyce once he makes some accomplishments in his career. It was rumored he intends to propose to her by the end of this year, but when we all thought nothing can split the two up, Joyce admitted she and Mark have already been broken up for 2 months. So, are the rumors that Joyce has the new Korean handsome model Jin? Or is it because Joyce and Mark switched to an underground relationship, and is just borrowing the model?

Yesterday after Joyce announced the break up, she received many comforting messages from friends. She wrote on Weibo: "Things that must happen, will eventually happen. Then why not just smile your way through it? I hope everyone don't shed tears." Yesterday during a radio interview, Joyce expressed she initially didn't think about making a special announcement of the break up, but since the news came out, she wanted to clarify for herself. She said she broke up with Mark 2 months ago, and the reason was not because of the handsome Korean model. Joyce said she met Jin when shooting the MV to Brothers and still kept in touch thereafter. When he came to HK for a few days, they met up and unexpectedly, he became the third party! Joyce stressed there is no chance of development with him, he's considered a 'brother'. That Korean male model is named Chui Ho Jeun (Jin), aged 31, stands at 5'11 and is physically charming. He has a 40-inch chest and a beautiful 6 pack.

Joyce expressed the main reason for the break up with Mark is because of the career, where they both hoped to concentrate on the development and also the two had no time to really dispute about it. Thus, the two believed the relationship couldn't go further and so it's best to split up. She described: "The process was like a movie, we just said let's break up."

A relationship that lasted for 5 and half years is not easy, how can they just split up like that? Joyce said Mark taught her no matter what relationship it is, should have mutual support and this isn't just for lovers. So, this mutual support won't change. If she ever holds a concert in the future, she hopes he comes support her as well. Joyce does feel its a pity that the relationship couldn't go on, but she believes in fate and cannot say that there won't be a chance that she may choose Mark again.

#62 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36865 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:50 AM

Joyce Cheng and male model Jin get intimate on the MTR
Sunday June 17, 2012 Hong Kong

Posted Image Posted Image

25 year old Joyce Cheng just announced the ending of her 5 year relationship with western boyfriend Mark Ryan. It was said Joyce rapidly hooked up with 31 year old, tall and handsome, 40-inch chest, Korean male model (Jin Chui). The two are often spotted together. Although the two denied they're dating, Jin praises that Joyce is friendly and he does not mind a chubby girlfriend. Even if his girlfriend had 'princess illness', he wouldn't mind. Clearly, he's praising Joyce. Joyce also admits she currently has a pursuer.

Yesterday at 9pm, [Oriental Daily] reporters spotted Joyce and Jin at the Causeway Bay near the MTR station. Jin had his hand on the rail, while Joyce was standing behind him. At one point, she rested her arm on Jin's back, but when she saw onlookers around, she quickly lets go. Later, the two purposely kept their distance while walking, but still constantly chatted. The two seem to have really enjoyed their time together.

On the MTR, the two got on the one with the least people and started becoming more intimate. Joyce leaned on the glass, while Jin stood in front of Joyce. Initially the two were just chatting face to face, but then Jin started leaning closer to Joyce and whispered in her ear, getting closer and closer. At the time, the two just had their eyes on each other and careless about the people around them. Finally, at the Sheung Wan stop, the two got on the taxi and headed back towards Joyce's residence for their next activity.

#63 Meow ♡

Meow ♡

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1302 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:48 PM

I didn't know she was Adam Cheng's daughter! Heard the themesong for Off Peddler by her and it's quite nice.

#64 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36865 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:18 AM

Joyce Cheng loses swimsuit deal
Monday January 14, 2013 Hong Kong
Source: http://my.entertainm...-030000259.html

Posted Image

It was reported that actress Joyce Cheng has recently lost a swimsuit deal due to her weight gain.

As reported on Asianpopnews, the actress, who is also the daughter to veteran actor Adam Cheng and late comedian Lydia Sum, reportedly put on some 18 kg worth of weight, resulting in her losing a swimsuit advertisement deal.

It was revealed that while shooting for the Chinese New Year movie, "I Love Hong Kong 2013", the actress is said to be eating excessively and uncontrollably.

Apart from two portions of takeout for every meal, the actress reportedly went for suppers every night. Consequently, her food routine helped increased her weight to 76 kg.

A source from the filming crew lamented that Joyce's temper flares at the word "fat"; hence, nobody dared to advise her to watch her figure.

#65 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36865 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:14 AM

Joyce Cheng denies dating Alfred Hui
Monday January 28, 2013 Hong Kong
Source: http://my.entertainm...-021200566.html

Lydia Shum's daughter, actress Joyce Cheng, laughed off rumours that she may have turned the allegedly gay Alfred Hui straight!

As reported on Popular Asians, a tabloid recently reported that Joyce and Alfred went on a vacation in Taiwan recently and spent five days and four nights together in a honeymoon spa suite.

It was also reported that the pair was seen behaving intimately with each other on their flight home to Hong Kong, sparking rumours that they may be in a relationship.

Earlier reports had already hinted that the 24-year-old pop singer is gay after intimate photos of Alfred and close male friend kissing in the park were published last year. Following news of Alfred and Joyce's supposed romantic getaway, speculations arise that the actress may have turned him straight.

However, on 23 January, Joyce posted a hilarious picture of her and Alfred pointing at each other and looking quizzically at the camera on Weibo, signifying their confusion with the latest rumour.

The actress stated, "Yes, Alfred and I had taken a vacation together to absorb the local music scene in Taiwan. But we slept in separate rooms."
The 25-year-old actress also added that she is currently single and considers Alfred as a younger brother.

She expressed, "People who knew us will know that we are not dating. If we were dating, it would not be so high profile. He is not my cup of tea. I like to drink coffee. Dating him would seem incestuous. It's impossible!"

Edited by foreverleila, 29 January 2013 - 02:14 AM.

#66 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36865 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:13 AM

Joyce Cheng aims to be healthy
Tuesday February 26, 2013 Hong Kong
Source: http://my.entertainm...-072000943.html

Posted Image

After receiving praise for her comedic acting skills in "I Love Hong Kong 2013" recently, people are turning their attention back to Joyce Cheng's bodyweight, according to Jayne Stars.

Joyce, 26, has lost 93 pounds, dropping from 230 pounds to 137 pounds, resulting in a slimmer figure and face. However, the young star chose to be healthy rather than slim like Hong Kong divas.

She said, "Being skinny does not necessarily mean beautiful, and being fat does not mean ugly. I hope everyone knows that no matter how much effort I put into losing weight, my goal was not to become skinny, but rather for health purposes."

"I'm not aiming to become as skinny as Sammi Cheng and Joey Yung. I hope young people can learn to appreciate different body shapes, because each person is unique in their own way. If everyone looks exactly the same, you would be unhappy as well, because you're losing your individuality," Joyce added.

The singer-actress also admitted to the media that her rebellious and competitive nature have helped her to remain strong and positive in the entertainment industry.

#67 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36865 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:05 AM

Joyce Cheng is happy to perform
Tuesday June 4, 2013 Hong Kong
Source: http://my.entertainm...-064700956.html

Posted Image

At the conclusion of the "Always Love Lydia" memorial concert, Joyce Cheng expressed her satisfaction and happiness for being able to perform for her mother Lydia Shum.

Groove Asia reported that the singer-actress, who performed for the last 20 minutes of the concert that commemorates the lady of comedy, expressed her joy for being able to face her fears and perform for her late mother as a birthday gift.

During her performance, Joyce appeared in mid-air on top of Lydia's trademark giant glasses and sang five songs, including her childhood song "Oops!... I Did it Again".

She also performed "Embrace Love" while playing the piano, as well as a new song written especially for her late mother, entitled, "Laughter Power". She then ended her performance with a duet with a clip of Lydia for the song "Mama Is Well".

Joyce admitted that she had a very hard time holding back her tears.

"I hope mummy enjoyed the show and that she would relax. I am a big girl and will take care of myself."

The actress later posted several concert photos online at 2.30am, with the message, "Ma, did you see it?"

#68 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36865 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:09 AM

Joyce Cheng dropped from slimming institute
Friday september 27, 2013 Hong Kong
Source: http://my.entertainm...-082400914.html

Posted Image

Rumour has it that Joyce Cheng's arrogance and recent weight gain were the reasons why she was recently dropped as the spokesperson for slimming and beauty institute, Sau San Tong.

According to Apple Daily website, the singer-actress has been Sau San Tong's ambassador since she started losing weight a few years ago. Despite her hectic schedule, Joyce continued to lose weight and managed to slim down from 235 pounds to 128 pounds.

However, the 26-year-old singer started to gain weight after her breakup from Mark Ryan, her boyfriend of five years, and was looking chubbier by the time "I Love Hong Kong 2013" was released.

Meanwhile, another rumour surfaced that Joyce did not do her part as Sau San Tong's spokesperson well and credited her previous weight loss to her dance exercise routine rather than Sau San Tong.

It was alleged that her attitude has damaged her good relationship with Sau San Tong's owner, Shirley Cheung.

When asked about Joyce Cheng's status with her company, Shirley replied, "Our contract has ended and we did not renew it as Joyce is not ready to lose weight again. She has been losing weight for a long time. I would not force her to continue if she doesn't want to."

#69 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36865 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:29 AM

Joyce Cheng joins China 3D
Thursday April 10, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: https://my.entertain...-061000738.html

Posted Image

Hong Kong singer and actress Joyce Cheng has recently joined the likes of Julian Cheung and Chrisse Chau in signing up as an artiste under the wings of China 3D Digital Entertainment.

According to Mingpao, on 7 April, the actress attended the official ceremony of her entry into the Stephen Shiu Jr. company, and was welcomed by other stars including Jacqueline Chong, Sukie Shek, Ava Yu Kiu, Justin Cheung, and Gregory Wong.

Joyce revealed that she decided to sign with Stephen after negotiating the contract terms, saying: "I am very pleased with the salary stipulated, and we will extend the contract if the collaboration turns out fruitful."

Though China 3D has no policy on dating and weight restrictions, Joyce said she has added her own terms.

"I told them I won't make horror movies and Category III films. I am scared of ghosts and am quite shy!" the actress stated.

Meanwhile, Joyce revealed that she will be joining Julian and Chrissie in their romantic movie, "You Are the One", and will play a Mongkok girl.

#70 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36865 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:04 PM

Joyce Cheng Reaches 200 Pounds and Faces Weight Gain Criticism

Friday June 27, 2014 Hong Kong

Source: Jaynestars
Image: ihktv.com

2rep8vm.jpg

Joyce Cheng is once again criticized for her weight but her positive body image has kept her cheerful and confident. The 27-year-old has faced heavy scrutiny for her weight since her childhood. Struggling with obesity all her life, Joyce went on a rigorous exercise and dieting regimen and successfully lost 100 pounds prior to her major entertainment industry debut. Despite her hard work and dedication, she never seemed to be slim enough in the media’s eyes. Regardless of her many other accomplishments, the headlines have always centered around her waistline.

The attacks became more frequent soon after her break up with ex-boyfriend Mark Ryan. Appearing more rounded in I Love Hong Kong 2013, Joyce was said to have abandoned her diet and exercise routine. Later, she was speculated to have been dropped from her slimming institute endorsement deal after ballooning up to 180 pounds.

According to the latest report, Joyce is apparently getting close to reaching 200 pounds. Seen filming Wilson Chin‘s latest project Hot Madam last month, Joyce certainly looks heavier but she has also remained agile. While going through a boot-camp style training for the film, she easily climbed up a forty-feet rope ladder and performed a split without breaking a sweat.

Despite all the harsh attacks, Joyce is confident in her abilities and does not let the comments affect her mood. She works hard to re-direct the attention to her talents while emphasizing that people should not be judged solely by their weight. “I feel that weight should not be something that permanently seals someone’s fate. I have never given up on myself. I have actually received many job offers since signing to a new company this year. I am very happy.”

Although she feels comfortable in her skin, Joyce still understands the importance of staying healthy and is committed to keeping her body in good condition. “My boss has made me promise to get an annual check-up. I have done so and I am healthy and normal. I promised everyone I will continue to exercise, but I will stop being so anxious over my body shape and the numbers on the scale.”

#71 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36865 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:44 AM

Joyce Cheng will lose weight only for wedding day

Wednesday July 30, 2014 Hong Kong

Source: https://my.entertain...-040200548.html

2z5t0nt.jpg

After deciding to discontinue efforts to be skinny and instead decides on being comfortable with her current body image, Joyce Cheng revealed that she has no plans to go on a diet, that is until her wedding day comes.

As reported on Hong Kong's On CC News, the actress, who attended an event in Sha Tin recently, laughed when asked about her diet routine. "I won't try to lose weight, unless I need to look good in my wedding gown."

The "Hot Madam" actress also added that she would rather not date someone who has issues with her weight, saying, "You should never judge a person by their physical appearance. A good character would last longer."

Joyce also extends her congratulations to ex-boyfriend Mark Ryan, whose baby will be born soon.

"I have not been in contact with him for quite some time and only learned about it through the news," she said.

Asked when her turn will be, Joyce replied that she is in no rush to get married. "I will be ready whenever the partner is ready."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: joyce cheng, cheng yan yee

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users