• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37252 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:41 AM

Hawick Lau bed scene with Chrissie Chau, girlfriend Yang Mi 'No Eyes See'
Monday April 23, 2012 Hong Kong
Source: Oriental Daily
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums

Posted Image

Hawick Lau, his girlfriend Yang Mi and Chrissie Chau were in Hainan Island working on their new film Hold My Love (Hold住愛). Earlier it was rumored Yang Mi's love shifted towards Nicholas Tse, but the couple proved the rumor false through actions. When the couple were interviewed, Yang Mi was like a little bird and often had her boyfriend do all the speaking. During the time, she often stared deeply at him with feelings. So envious of them!

Yesterday it was the first day of work for Hawick, and he already has to shoot a break up scene with Yang Mi. It looks like the storyline holds the same view as the latest rumors. Hawick has the trust for his girlfriend and expressed: "We all know she (Yang Mi) is a popular actress, she can easily get these gossips!" When Yang Mi heard her boyfriend's praises, she couldn't help but squeal a "hey" sound and deeply watched Hawick as he continues: "I never asked her about it. If I had to ask, then that means I don't trust her. (Undercurrent?) There really isn't anything! We rarely have arguments! (Don't get to see each other a lot?) Sometimes even if we have a 1 or 2 day break, we would take advantage of the time to see each other. (She's a marriage partner?) We have so many job notices daily, no time! (Girlfriend has many pursuers?) What's to worry about, I have a lot of pursuers too!" Yang Mi laughed: "We are currently doing very well."

In the film, Hawick has a bed scene, but he reveals its not with his girlfriend, but rather sexy goddess Chrissie Chau. Yang Mi laughed and said she won't monitor the set. Hawick immediately said: "You should come watch!" The two were flirting in public, Hawick then reassured his girlfriend: "I have the body of King Kong, nothing can hurt me."

Collaborating with a sweet couple, Chrissie frankly expressed she feels awkward: "They're a pair, it feels like I'm the third party. In my heart, I feel sorry. (Have a bed scene with Hawick?) Yeah, somewhat awkward. (Tell Yang Mi to come visit the set?) Not necessary, we are professional artists."

#162 littlemay

littlemay

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:46 AM

OMG.. his acting in Sealed with a kiss is SO intense and HOT.. (okay, the plot is similar to a harlequin romance novel, but I love it)

#163 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37252 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:45 AM

Yang Mi Becomes Co-Owner of Hawick Lau's HK$33 million Mid-Levels Home
Wednesday February 12, 2013 Hong Kong
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Since 38 year old Hawick Lau started dating 26 year old Mainland movie actress Yang Mi last year, the couple was described as 'the woman superior to the man'. However, in reality Hawick has successfully advanced in the Mainland market, last year he was named one of the top 4 Siu Sangs in Mainland.

Yang Mi had always had high-profile relationships and often spotted visiting her boyfriends on the set. Hawick and Yang Mi were seen hugging and kissing before, no wonder Hawick said there are plans for marriage this year.

Yesterday the couple came back to HK from Beijing to send new year greetings to Hawick's father, Lau Dan. At the airport, Yang Mi initially had her arm linked with Hawick, but once she saw reporters, she shyly took her hand off of him.

When asked when the couple is going to give out a pair of red envelopes? Hawick smiled and did not respond. As they were leaving the airport, the couple headed towards the direction of Lau Dan's home. Asked if he already sent new year greetings to future father and mother in-law in Beijing? Hawick smiled sweetly: "Yes, they're very nice and made me feel very comfortable. I also got red envelopes too. My girlfriend will be staying in the new home for a few days, she saw it and really likes it. (Are you giving the house to your girlfriend?) Actually the house is under my mother and Yang Mi's name."

How are they celebrating Valentine's Day? Hawick said: "It's Valentine's Day every day! Actually I'm rarely in HK, so I'll be spending time with my family in the next few days. (Did you already get the gift?) Don't need to especially get a gift because usually whenever I see something that she might like, I would buy it for her. Also, we're always together, how can I go buy it? (Then did Yang Mi prepare a gift for you?) Nope, actually this is our second Valentine's Day, we just spent it like any other day last year."

In the past year, Hawick has been earning tons of money in Mainland. Last year he purchased a HK$30 million, 1,398 square feet Valverde home in the Mid-Levels district. It was understood, in less than 6 months after the property was purchased, the market value had already increased by 10% (now HK$33 million). Also, in order to fully acknowledge Yang Mi as his girlfriend, Hawick added her name on the property. Their marriage is probably not too far. Although Hawick stressed that the home is primarily used to visit his family while he's in HK, Hawick will definitely make arrangements to spent a sweet Valentine's Day in the new home.

#164 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37252 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:16 AM

Hawick Lau to produce second drama
Monday March 4, 2013 Hong Kong
Source: http://my.entertainm...-091900077.html

Posted Image

After the success of his debut production, "Sheng Xia Wan Qing Tian", Hawick Lau will next be preparing for his sophomore production, "Heading North".

Jayne Stars website reported that the 38-year-old actor will not only produce, but also star in the romance drama. In "Heading North" - to be helmed by "Sheng Xia Wan Qing Tian" director Mak Koon Chi, Hawick plays the cold-blooded Lu Xiangbei (North), a character that is the opposite of his playboy character in the previous drama.

The actor-turned-producer revealed, "My new drama's script is currently undergoing its fourth revision but everything is almost settled and done. The script is the only thing that is on my crew's mind right now. We have been discussing it every single day, and we really hope to add some new subject matters to the story."

Asked about his views on the character Lu Xiangbei, Hawick expressed, "I've never approached a role like this before. I am very surprised that the scriptwriters decided to give this role to me. The character itself gives more life and excitement to the script."

In related news, his first produced drama, "Sheng Xia Wan Qing Tian" has garnered fantastic viewership reception on Hunan Jingshi, achieving an average rating of 6.4 and a peak at 8.74.

The drama is currently the top television show on the Hunan Jingshi network.

#165 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37252 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:12 AM

Hawick gives Yang Mi property again
Monday March 11, 2013 Hong Kong
Source: http://my.entertainm...-085000992.html

Posted Image

Hawick Lau really knows how to pamper his lady love. Rumour has it that the actor has bought another property for girlfriend, "Palace" actress, Yang Mi.

Jayne Stars website reported that the actor recently bought another million dollar mansion for his mainland actress girlfriend in the beautiful beach city of Sanya, Hainan.

In February, the actor named Yang Mi, alongside his mother, as one of the owners of his multi-million dollar apartment in the Mid-Levels district of Hong Kong.

It was revealed that the apartment will be used as the couple's home whenever they have to stay in Hong Kong.

He also presented the actress with a diamond ring, triggering speculations that marriage is on the cards.

However, despite the couple's various proof of love, many believed that the loving couple will not have a happy ending. With Yang Mi's success in the industry shrouding Hawick's career, the public speculated that Yang Mi's popularity will be the main factor that will lead to the breakup between the couple.

Whether the prediction will come true or not, it will not happen anytime soon, as the couple is busy promoting their latest collaboration, "Sheng Xia Wang Qin Tian" - currently one of the top dramas in mainland China.

#166 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37252 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:10 AM

Hawick Lau has no plans for marriage yet
Wednesday July 3, 2013 Hong Kong
Source: http://my.entertainm...-055800364.html

Posted Image

As much as they love each other, actor-turned-producer, Hawick Lau revealed that he and girlfriend, mainland star, Yang Mi have yet to plan on getting married.

According to QQ website, the actor, who sat down for an interview recently, expressed, "Yang Mi and I just want to work on our relationship at the moment. I am happy that she is by my side, and be the woman who understands me apart from my family."

The actor enthused, "We are not just a couple. She is also like a friend with whom I can talk to and share things with."

However, the actor also shared that dating the top actress is also a pressure, as their relationship is under the spotlight and vulnerable to public scrutiny.

"When we announced our relationship, it was so that everybody would give us their blessings. But then again, although we always get photographed wherever we go now, it's at least better to be able to date openly rather than the need to think of ways to hide when we were seeing each other in secret."

Meanwhile, his sophomore work as a producer, "Heading North" is currently in production in Shanghai.

Admitting that the success of his producing debut, "Sheng Xia Wan Qing Tian" pressured him to make a better drama, Hawick expressed, "I didn't really think of the results for the first one. I never imagined that it would end up being so successful. Right now, I have to take the ratings into consideration to some extent."

#167 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37252 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:09 AM

Hawick Lau & Yang Mi Are Getting Married on January 8, 2014
Tuesday November 12, 2013 Hong Kong
Source: Sina Entertainment

Posted Image Posted Image

In the early hours of November 13th, Hawick Lau and Yang Mi announced they are getting married on January 8, 2014! At around 9am, Yang Mi posted a photo of the couple's engagement rings on Weibo and wrote: "The situation is just like that, you all can congratulate us!" Soon after, Hawick posted on Weibo clarifying the speculations of the couple's engagement, he revealed the truth -- the wedding is on January 8, 2014!

Hawick wrote on Weibo: "'Hold hands until old age', I finally know the beauty of this saying. I can only say the future road, we will go on it together. If you get tired, then lean over and I will carry you as we go. Thank you for being willing to give me your hand! Thank you father and mother for giving me the unlimited trust! Thank you all for the blessings! 2014.01.08 is a special day, we will be holding our wedding...the shrub is finally sprouting and growing up!" Last year on January 8, 2012 Hawick announced his new romance with Yang Mi on Weibo.

#168 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37252 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:04 AM

Hawick Lau "Double Happiness" to Marry Pregnant Yang Mi 1.8.14
Wednesday November 13, 2013 HOng Kong

Posted Image Posted Image

On January 8, 2012, 39 year old Hawick lau and 27 year old Yang Mi announced their romance. Its been nearly two years since they've been together and been more loving than ever. Yesterday the couple suddenly announced that they'll be getting married on January 8, 2014. It was understood, the couple suddenly announced their marriage was because Yang Mi is already pregnant. Yang Mi had always been career-oriented, but this time she withdrew from her new film with Nicholas Tse on short notice because she's pregnant. When Hawick heard the news, he immediately registered for marriage and announced the good news.

Actually earlier Hawick had already spent HK$30 million on a new 1,400 square foot luxury home in Mid Level Central. He event put his girlfriend's name on the deed.

In regards to the "double happiness" rumor, it is likely the couple were worried its too early to announce the pregnancy, thus Hawick and Yang Mi' denied the pregnancy rumor. However, Hawick's father Lau Dan did not deny the "double happiness" rumor when he was interviewed over the phone last night. Lau Dan expressed he already knew about his son's marriage and greatly praised his future daughter-in-law, "I'm very pleased to have Yang Mi marry into our family. She has very good manners, filial and knows how to respect elders. Before I gave her a score of 95, but now she deserves 105." Asked whether the bride-to-be is pregnant? Lau Dan laughed loudly: "Really? Did the magazines say that? She didn't tell me. If its true, then I'll be just as happy. (Not telling because its too early?) I'm not that sensitive, after all on January 8th, they will tell you. (Reward your daughter-in-law?) Not necessary."

#169 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37252 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:28 AM

Hawick Lau Flies Back to HK to Pick Up YangMi for Surprise Wedding Tomorrow
Monday January 6, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: Mingpao, Oriental Daily (images)

Posted Image

Hawick Lau and Yang Mi are getting married tomorrow at the Bali island (Indonesia). Yesterday at 6pm, Hawick finally finished working in Shanghai and flew back to Hong Kong to pick up his soon to be wife Yang Mi, his father Lau Dan and mother. The family will be flying over to Bali tomorrow for the wedding.

Hawick took two days off from work for his wedding. Yesterday at 6:20pm, he arrived at the HK airport and was surrounded by reporters congratulating him. Hawick had a smile on his face the whole time and said: "I made a special trip back to HK today to pick up Yang Mi and my family. Tomorrow we'll be flying to Bali together." When asked about their wedding guests? He expressed: "Majority are my colleagues, classmates and family. We didn't invite friends from the industry because its hard to match the schedules for so many people. I don't want to trouble anybody. (Hold a wedding banquet in HK?) I still have two jobs on hand, haven't planned for a HK wedding banquet and don't have time to go on a honeymoon. Actually its fun to go on vacation with a group of friends, we'll be in Bali for three days, then we have to get back to Mainland for work."

It had been widely rumored Yang Mi is pregnant, Hawick had a big reaction when heard this: "Hahaha...ah...hahaha... I'll let you all know when there is good news!" Will Yang Mi reduce her on-screen work after marriage and focus more on the family? He expressed: "She can balance between family and work. She won't give up anything. (What if there is a baby?) Hahaha... talk about that when we do have one!" Does Hawick like to have a boy or a girl? He said: "Hahaha." But he admitted he and Yang Mi are prepared to have children. "Starting a family and having children is a very important goal in life for me. I am trying to achieve this goal now!"

It was disclosed Hawick did careful wedding planning, arranging the five star hotel and romantic beach wedding. He deliberately created a surprise for Yang Mi. Hawick said a little disappointed: "Not any surprise, everyone (the media) went to take pictures already. Whatever surprise there was is no surprise." Will the couple share the wedding photos with the public? He laughed: "Let's see if she wants to or not. Have to see whether the photos look good or not before posting." Hawick declined to reveal how much he spent on the wedding. He just laughed: "Priceless."

#170 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37252 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:41 AM

Yang Mi Bulging Belly Shows, Takes Off to Bali for Wedding with Hawick Lau
Tuesday January 7, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: Mingpao

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Today it is Hawick Lau and Yang Mi's big wedding day. Yesterday Hawick and his family appeared at the airport ready to take off to the Bali island for the wedding ceremony. Hawick and Yang Mi were ten fingers interlocked the entire time. It had been widely rumored Yang Mi is 4 months pregnant, yesterday she appeared to have a small belly despite the loose sweater she had on.

With Hawick by her side, Yang Mi turned into a little bird and had her husband do all the talking for her. She just stood by her husband's side, looked at him and smiled sweetly. When asked whether they feel nervous? Hawick asked Yang Mi: "Are you feeling nervous?" Yang Mi shook her head smiling sweetly. Asked what kind of surprise has he prepared for her? Hawick laughed he cannot tell what surprises he has in stored, then the couple walked into the gate hand-in-hand.

Hawick's father, Lau Dan, was asked if his daughter-in-law is pregnant? He laughed loudly and told the reporters to ask the question themselves. Lau Dan was in a wonderful mood while he passed out red envelopes to everyone.

In Bali, yesterday afternoon Hawick and Yang Mi prepared for their big day, but everyone kept their heads down and declined interviews. Yang Mi's close celebrity friend Tiffany Tang was the maid of honor.

The wedding will take place at the BVLGARI Hotel and Resort today, the couple invited nearly 100 guests to witness their marriage. The entire romantic wedding on the beach was all planned by Hawick, he hoped to give his wife a surprise. It is estimated Hawick spent over a million on the wedding.

#171 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37252 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:31 AM

Wedding: Hawick Lau Vows to Love Yang Mi Without Constraints
Wednesday January 8, 2014 Hong Kong

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Congratulations! 39 year old Hawick Lau and 27 year old Mainland actress Yang Mi were married yesterday (1/8th)! The newly weds held their million dollar wedding ceremony at the BVLGARI Hotel in Bali, and invited 80 guests to witness their special day. The couple did not initially plan to accept interviews from the media, but in the end they decided to happily share their happiness. Hawick declared his love: "I will love you without any constraints!" Yang Mi was touched to tears. It was a touching scene.

The ceremony started at 4:30pm, Hawick's father Lau Dan was in an extremely good mood as he smiled the entire time. He expressed he was very pleased with the whole set up of the wedding and disclosed Yang Mi is 110 pounds! When asked about the rumors that he bride is pregnant? Lau Dan laughed loudly: "Whatever I say is useless, you can all see for yourselves. (Do you want to have grand children?) Everyone does. (The more the better?) Hahaha!"

Hawick appeared in a black tuxedo, he appeared nervous and frequently had a fist. The wedding cost him a fortune, he was asked how much his wife is worth? He immediately said: "Priceless, it is not calculated like that! I'm feeling very excited right now. This is absolutely the best day in my life! (What kind of strengths does your wife have?) She's pretty!"

When the ceremony began, Yang Mi's father walked is daughter down the aisle, while the bride was smiling sweetly the whole way. Father Yang lightly kissed his daughter's hand before giving her hand to Hawick. Yang Mi's wedding dress was designed by a famous Mainland designer and her good friend Alex Wang, it was called the "A Line" style. She had on BVLGARI's B.zero 1 platinum diamond bracelet to accompany her dress. The wedding rings were also by BVLGARI. When Yang Mi heard her husband's wedding vow: "I will love you without any constraints!" She was moved to tears. After exchanging rings, the couple went for two emotional kisses. The parents were so touched they also teared up. When it was time to throw the flower bouquet, Yang Mi deliberately tried to give it to her good friend and maid of honor Tiffany Tang, she expressed: "I hope to give all happiness and luck to my best friend!"

After the ceremony, the newly weds accepted an interview. Yang Mi expressed she was very touched. Asked what expectations does she have on her husband? She said: "The things he promised!" Later she looked her husband and said: "Can you do it?" Hawick did not hesitate one bit before answering: "I will even better!" Hawick praised his wife is the most beautiful bride in the world and she looks the best in a white wedding dress. Asked when they plan on going on their honeymoon? He expressed because of work, they have to leave Bali today and if there is an opportunity, he'll definitely make up for it. As for the wide rumors that Yang Mi is pregnant, does the newly weds have plans to have children? They said: "We do have plans. (Within a year?) Leave it to fate. Work is the most important. (Parents didn't rush you?) Nope. (Do you want to have children?) We are moving towards this goal!"

Hawick and Yang Mi later thanked everyone for the blessings on their Weibos. Hawick said: "Here, Mr. and Mrs. Lau thank everyone for the blessings!" Yang Mi said: "Thanks for everything today. Thank you all for the blessings. Thank you. I'm married!"

#172 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37252 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:33 PM

Hawick Lau & Yang Mi Announce Pregnancy on Weibo
Sunday January 19, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: On.cc

Posted Image

Congratulations! Hawick Lau announces his wife Yang Mi is pregnant on Weibo. He wrote: "Finally got through all the excitement, happiness and times of keeping a secret. I can finally share the great news with you all. To everyone, Yang Mi and I have a baby! For the health of our baby, we followed the most traditional belief of keeping the pregnancy a secret for 3 months before announcing. I apologize for not being truthful to you all, and I hope you all will forgive us and understand us. Thank you all for waiting patiently for us to personally make this announcement. Baby is already over 3 months and is very healthy. Thank you Mrs. Lau for making my life perfect! Thank you all again for all the concern, thank you!" Yang Mi replied to her husband's Weibo: "This is such a happy moment. Thank you to all my friends. Thank you everyone for the care and understanding. Thank you." Yang Mi is expected to due in July.

#173 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37252 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 02:13 AM

Hawick Lau says Yang Mi can eat anything
Friday February 21, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: http://my.entertainm...-040800424.html

Posted Image

Father-to-be Hawick Lau recently gushed about his wife, Yang Mi's pregnancy, saying that the actress has been acting cuter since she is with a child.

According to Yes Entertainment, during an interview with the media recently, Hawick said, "Nowadays, when she craves a certain food, she will say that it's the baby who wants it and not her."

"Last time, she asked me for pizza. Then she wanted roasted ducks for three whole weeks!"

However, Hawick said that Yang Mi's appetite is back to normal for the present, but added jokingly that he is anticipating what the actress will crave next.

"It doesn't matter. I will let her eat anything she wants," said Hawick affectionately.

When asked about the couple's filming schedule, Hawick said that the two of them are currently busy filming for two different productions, but will always make sure to visit each other at the film set.

"Yang Mi is doing "Tiny Times 3" now. Whenever we stumble across each other, I will just go and see her and leave my lead actress behind!" the actor stated.

Hawick also admitted that since her pregnancy, he has been more motivated in life.

"It gives me a sense a responsibility," said Hawick, who also stated that he hopes to seek a balance in his work and family.

#174 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37252 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:23 AM

Hawick Lau will support Yang Mi's career
Thursday March 13, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: https://my.entertain...-030800982.html

Posted Image

Hong Kong actor Hawick Lau said that it would be impossible for his wife, Chinese actress Yang Mi, to retire from the film industry even after the birth of their first child.

As reported on Sina Daily News, the 39-year-old actor, who recently accepted an interview with Beijing News, said that the "Tiny Times" actress has no plans to halt her career to become a full-time mother.

"That would be impossible," said Hawick. "She just loves her career so much."

Yang Mi, who is currently five months pregnant, has been working on the third instalment of Guo Jingming's "Tiny Times" franchise since her pregnancy. However, when asked if the actress, who is one of the highest earning Chinese actresses at the moment, refused to retire because she makes more money than him, the actor said that that is not the case.

"I can say it with confidence that I earn more money than her. Don't trust those reports online. Both of us know what we make," said Hawick.

In regards to the baby, Hawick said that the gender is not important as long as the baby is happy and healthy. He also said that he has yet to make plans for the child's education but hopes that he or she will make good friends.

#175 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37252 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 06:45 AM

Yang Mi to give birth in June
Tuesday March 18, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: http://my.entertainm...-063400082.html

Posted Image

Father-to-be, Hawick Lau recently revealed that his wife Yang Mi will be giving birth in June, and recounted affectionately the actress' experience with pregnancy to the media.

As reported on China News, the actor, who attended a press conference for his upcoming drama "A Wife's Secret" with co-star Zhao Liying in Beijing recently, revealed that Yang Mi's appetite and behaviour have changed since she was pregnant.

"She eats a lot these days," said Hawick. "Sometimes she asks for pizza, and sometimes she wants roast duck. But she eats a lot every day, saying that it's not her, but the baby who wants it!"

Hawick also denied rumours saying that they are having a boy, saying, "I have no idea whether it's a girl of a boy."

In regards to speculations that Yang Mi will give birth in Hong Kong and that his father, actor Lau Dan, will be taking care of the new mother after childbirth, Hawick said that the baby is due in June, but they have yet to decide where the child will be born.

#176 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37252 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:05 AM

Yang Mi gave birth to a 7lb “Little Sticky Rice” baby girl
Monday June 2, 2014 Hong Kong Kong
Source: Jaynestars
Image: MingPao
Edited by R.E.D @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums/

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Hawick Lau and Yang Mi welcomed their first child on June 1! Nicknamed “Little Sticky Rice”, the baby girl came just one day before the Dragon Boat Festival, which falls on June 2 this year. She weighed approximately seven pounds at birth. Hawick was the first to deliver the joyful news via his Weibo in the afternoon, writing, "Welcome the new member to the Lau family! Mama has worked hard! Mother and daughter are safe! Thankful! Happy International Children’s Day to our little sticky rice and all the children around the world!"

Yang Mi began experiencing labor pains on May 31 and was brought to the Hong Kong Adventist Hospital. She wanted a natural birth, but her obstetrician advised her that it would be safer to deliver through a Cesarean section because the baby’s head was too big. Hawick was in the delivery room throughout the process, providing support for Yang Mi. Hawick was in tears of joy as he cut the umbilical cord.

Hawick’s father, veteran actor Lau Dan greeted the reporters with a wide grin as he stepped out of the hospital’s entrance to greet the press. Lau Dan expressed that Hawick will not be making a public appearance anytime soon, and will be spending the next few days taking care of Yang Mi. In regards to Yang Mi’s current condition, Lau Dan said, “She’s very tired. She’s been sleeping the past few hours.” Lau Dan also said that Yang Mi has been craving a lot of food, but because the anesthesia from her Cesarean section has not completely worn off yet, she is unable to eat anything for the time being.

Asked who the baby girl resembles more, Lau Dan laughed and said, "My wife and I have different opinions on this. I think her lips look like Hawick’s, but my wife thinks it looks like Yang Mi’s." Lau Dan said he has not held his granddaughter yet. "Not yet, but I observed from afar! When I first saw the baby, I was touched, and at that moment I couldn’t say anything. The only thing I can think of is, wow, she’s my granddaughter!"

A name for the baby has not been decided yet. Lau Dan said they are currently brainstorming and will seek the help of a professional feng shui master for the baby’s Chinese name. Yang Mi’s parents and Hawick’s younger sister also visited the newborn girl today. The press was unable to speak directly to Hawick, but his representative indicated that Yang Mi will be leaving the hospital on June 5, 2014.

#177 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37252 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:06 AM

Hawick Lau is happy with current status as father
Thursday June 12, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: https://my.entertain...-095800662.html

Posted Image\

irst time father Hawick Lau is all-smiles every time the topic of his newborn daughter comes up.

The actor, who attended the press conference of his new series, "The Cage of Love" on 9 June, admitted that he is extremely happy and excited about his new status as a father.

"I feel like my life is in balance now that my daughter is born," said the actor, according to Hong Kong's On CC News. "My mind goes elsewhere every time I look at my wife and baby's photos."

Understanding that his responsibilities as a man has now increased, Hawick enthused, "I am a father now. I am just happy to accept this responsibility!"

In regards to their current residential status, Hawick said that wife Yang Mi and the baby will be staying in Hong Kong for the meantime.

The actor also disclosed that Yang Mi has already chosen a name for their little one and will announce it later on.

#178 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37252 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:57 AM

Hawick Lau denies buying new apartment for his wife
Tuesday June 17, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: https://my.entertain...-032700065.html

Posted Image

Hong Kong-born actor Hawick Lau recently dismissed the rumours that he has bought a new residence for his wife, Yang Mi and their newborn baby.

As reported in Hong Kong's On CC News, previously, it was rumoured that the "Tiny Times" actress has been showing her discomfort of living in a three-bedroom apartment with her in-laws.

As reported, Yang Mi, who used to live in a big mansion in China and is used to having her own privacy found it extremely inconvenient to be living in a smaller space with her father-in-law, Lau Dan and his wife.

Thus, her husband Hawick has reportedly purchased an apartment worth HKD 60 million (approx. USD 7.7 million) for her. Also, it is reported that their original Mid-Levels apartment has been rented out.

However recently, Hawick denied the rumours by telling the media, "Don't believe the reports. We haven't moved out and we didn't rent out our other apartment."

Nonetheless, Hawick said that they do intend to live in the apartment in Mid-Levels by themselves in the future.

#179 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37252 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 10:21 PM

Hawick Lau starts planning for daughter's education

Saturday October 25, 2014 Hong Kong

Source: https://my.entertain...-163500276.html

1z4h7y1.jpg

His daughter may not even be one-year-old yet, but Hawick Lau has already started thinking about her education.

According to Sina News, the actor revealed that he has been busy finding a suitable school for his daughter, for fear that his and Yang Mi's hectic work schedules would prevent them from doing so in the future.

Hawick stressed that it is important for a child to have an early education, so that he or she can learn about morals and ethics.

However, said Hawick, this does not mean that he will control every aspect of his child's life, and stressed that he will allow his daughter to choose her own career in the future.

The actor also revealed he has no plans for a second child any time soon, saying that he wants to spend more time with his daughter.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hawick lau, lau hoi wai

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users