#521 DTLCT

DTLCT

Obsessed

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2812 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:11 AM

Monokuro Boo:
I totally agree with the situation you're describing. Each and every one of us have the right to support whoever it is. YET I found it uncalled for to just blame on a certain someone. I don't think anyone that has much power to pull someone else in there. I meant unless they're part of the management team or whatever. TVB is a business after all AND they're the ones who get to decide who leads OR not. AND like you said, each of us have a different taste so whoever others say deserves to lead OR whatever DOESN'T mean the rest of us will agree with that choice too. SO I get even more annoyed when someone uses something like "everyone knows that A is better at acting than B". Hey, who the world is "everyone", I don't remember signing my name, LOL! So I end up not being so active in HK forums in general anymore. In fact, I try to avoid dramas at all cost. IF it's a bad idea to enter (sometime to seek for new series info), I just back out or try to skip around to read news only.

#522 HeoYucky

HeoYucky

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:48 AM

Exo Fans- Some of their fans went bonkos because they thought the "rookie" group TVXQ was copying MAMA and they kept commenting about it on TVXQ Catch Me video. When the truth is that TVXQ and EXO are from the same company and TVXQ debutted near a century before Exo

SUJU Fans- Some are just plain annoying to me. Commenting their oppa is the best and spamming on ANY topic their oppa is on.

There's a lot more but then there is always a fan that is super annoying in every group fan club.

#523 DreamWeaver1337

DreamWeaver1337

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:52 AM

Why would you dislike an artist just because their fans are obnixious?

Let the haters do their thing...they just come and go but at the end of the day they are just haters. They hate.

#524 LUV♡HOLIC

LUV♡HOLIC

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:42 AM

Him Law. I already dislike him, but his fans make me hate him even more. When I leave one not so positive comment about Him, they become overprotective and oversensitive. If they can overpraise and overrate him, I can criticize him. I imagine that IF Him Law becomes more popular, they will become even worse.

This is my opinion based on my personal experience with Him Law fans. So if you read this, don't go attacking me for that, you overly obsessive Him Law fans.

#525 LemonTea-

LemonTea-

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:28 PM

Tavia Yeung for me! Honestly, Tavia fans really are like to the extreme, I read somewhere that apparently they hacked into this site online to change the votes on the poll in order for Tavia to lead it (TVB Queen poll). Anyway, here are some actions of her fans that make me dislike her even more:
  • Her fans are always coming up with excuses for why her acting is often bad or outshone by second female leads. E.g. Linda outshone Tavia in YSNS, and Tavia's fans quickly came to defend her by saying how her character was boring, and badly written etc. and then claim how she didn't have much screen time, like really? Tavia was blatantly the female lead of that series, and had way more screen time than Linda, why can't they just accept that her acting was not that good, and let her accept criticisms so she can improve?
  • Another time was when she was filming The Other Truth, where netizens were saying how her acting was a bit off as well as her speech, and then BOOM her fans come and quickly defend her, by saying how she was ill and all. But every TVB artist gets ill, yet they don't make a big deal out of it, and let the whole world know that they were ill when filming, and then use it as an excuse for their beloved artists' poor acting.
  • And recently, during the car incident scandal, Kate was asked about what she thought of the incident and all she said was that “After seeing the pictures, I don’t know how to react. Since I don’t know the full details, I’m not in the position to comment.” and then Tavia fans started bashing Kate saying how she was trying to step on Tavia rather than supporting her because she wants to get TV Queen, and then calling her fake etc.

Right I'm done ranting, I hope I don't offend anyone, but this is just my personal opinion.

Edited by LemonTea-, 22 October 2012 - 07:30 PM.

#526 DTLCT

DTLCT

Obsessed

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2812 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:37 PM

• And recently, during the car incident scandal, Kate was asked about what she thought of the incident and all she said was that “After seeing the pictures, I don’t know how to react. Since I don’t know the full details, I’m not in the position to comment.” and then Tavia fans started bashing Kate saying how she was trying to step on Tavia rather than supporting her because she wants to get TV Queen, and then calling her fake etc.

That's so uncalled for. I don't see anything wrong with Kate's response, why attack her? Just something to do? Kate's not attacking Tavia in any way, she's just saying that she doesn't know so she won't comment. (I never knew that was what 'stepping others' mean.) This a great examples why some of us couldn't help but stay away from those artists. (Or even feel annoyed.)

#527 LemonTea-

LemonTea-

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:51 PM

That's so uncalled for. I don't see anything wrong with Kate's response, why attack her? Just something to do? Kate's not attacking Tavia in any way, she's just saying that she doesn't know so she won't comment. (I never knew that was what 'stepping others' mean.) This a great examples why some of us couldn't help but stay away from those artists. (Or even feel annoyed.)

Actually it seems more like Tavia is the one bashing Kate because she was reported to be badmouthing her,

"Responding to accusations where she called Kate an "inexperienced, mean-looking and unpopular," artiste, Tavia, 33, replied, "I'm friends with Kate and not afraid to be compared [to Kate], but I've no time to watch her drama, thus I cannot comment on her performance."

http://asianfanatics...-top-tvb-award/

So I don't know why her fans were saying Kate was badmouthing her, when there was no implication nor reports claiming so..

Edited by LemonTea-, 22 October 2012 - 09:52 PM.

#528 DTLCT

DTLCT

Obsessed

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2812 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:46 PM

LemonTea-:
I read that article but didn't really want to care about it too much. Yet what got me going "ugh" a bit was Tavia's response about not having time to watch Kate's drama. NOT that I don't understand she's busy and all. ButI feel when one claims to be another's friend, one would put some effort in at least catching some of it, depending on schedule. (I mean I know some other celebs who manage to catch their other celeb friends' drama and they're equally busy too - based on some responses on Weibo or other networking platforms when they're discussing some plot details, etc.) SO that's why I just felt a bit strange about it. I try to think it as it got lost in translation or interpretation. Who knows? It still couldn't stop me from pondering sometimes. OY...

I do agree with your point. IF there's any finger pointing, it would make more sense if Kate fans go after Tavia. (NOT that I'm encouraging but just basing it on those articles or rumors, etc.)

And don't want to get repetitive since some others had stated it already, but I agreed with your other points earlier as well. (That's like too obsessive hence leading to the whole 'bashing artists' as well.)

Edited by DTLCT, 22 October 2012 - 10:48 PM.

#529 s a r a h

s a r a h

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3728 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:21 AM

Just to add some more.. :P

Prompted that Kate was currently praised more for her acting, Tavia said, “Really? I did not watch Highs and Lows since I did not have time. Thus, I do not know how well Kate did! My drama [Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles 名媛望族], is not broadcast yet, but it is an Anniversary series. The script is very good; the audience will have expectations. They should like me more!

http://www.jaynestar...tv-queen-award/

--

1. Yeah, the not watching part makes it sound like she's dissing Kate's drama
2. The bold part says it all.

#530 ~ ♥ Malec ~

~ ♥ Malec ~

..::♥ Cutie ♥::..

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12516 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:18 AM

^^ Vice versa, when Kate said that she thought she wouldn't have a chance to win and she admired TY's crying, TY fans said that Kate was trying to get sympathy. Other example: When Kate commented on TY's scandal last time, she made a neutral one that she didn't know what happened but as a colleague she supported TY, TY fans bashed that Kate wanted to win so she said like she blved in the scandal. They also bashed Moses, Alex Fong to give light joke to the scandal. They asked why A/B/C... (name some artists in here) didn't raise voice to say that they supported TY. But on the other hand, when some artists have scandals, TY made like she didn't know these artists and they praised that she was smart to not put salt in the would (LMAO~) or TY dun give out a comment and none of them asked for the support to these artists.

The funniest issue: They can bash any artist any time they want and claim it's for good sake, but if anyone dare to insult or criticize TY, they'll say like it's prohibit. Double standards much? I think so. I don't care if they bash other artists without asking for no criticism to TY but plz dun bash others and then "No! We can stand insult to TY but not too much and have to praise her later." Eww why ppl need to praise her if they dun want.

Ytd someone posted a topic in TVB Bar (baidu) and surprisingly (to me), the comments like "Don't criticize TY!" or "Nobody can bash or badmouth TY" also appear a lot in Chinese and ppl also get nerves with them. Then it's the same everywhere to most of TY fans, in English or Chinese. And it isn't really a generalisation.

#531 LemonTea-

LemonTea-

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:41 PM

^ Agree! TY fans always say how no other artists stick up for her, but in a lot of cases where other artists are in trouble, she never sticks up for them either. E.g. Ron and Toby scandal, Raymond and Mavis scandal. Hypocrites much?

#532 Shining★mjjeje

Shining★mjjeje

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:10 PM

Snsd fans. There's no need to explain right? Kekekekekek~

#533 MadameMary

MadameMary

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:25 AM

Not asian but..
Kristen Steward.

Her fans are usually kinda annoying and it makes me dislike her even more.

#534 LUV♡HOLIC

LUV♡HOLIC

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:03 AM

Some of Mandy Wong's fans are as annoying as sh!t. I don't even hate her, but I know I'm on the edge right now.

#535 ChellyLovesWangXun

ChellyLovesWangXun

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

Some people are fighting because they want to protect their idol ..i dont know why some people want to bash some artist, they really dont know them personally..

and one of the reason why they hate the artist is because of the tandem, some people dont want the other artist to pair in another artist..well they are not our puppet. we are here to support and love our idols, all we need to do is to accept the reality that in entertainment there's no permanent pairing/relationship ..:)

#536 DTLCT

DTLCT

Obsessed

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2812 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:55 AM

Some of Mandy Wong's fans are as annoying as sh!t. I don't even hate her, but I know I'm on the edge right now.

I think it happens for almost every artist out there. I meant when someone finally get recognized or have a role so others could rave about, it's like a chance for fans to finally say "See, I knew s/he have talent" all along, etc. I think someone else mentioned it in this thread before. It's a phase. And I so get what you mean since I really like Mandy Wong in the dramas that I had watched because of how she portrayed her characters, but now some fans are making it worse with comparisons, etc. Okay, it's hard not to compare, but those really overboard attacks are turning others off major time. As for others, they're probably roped in by the media's attempts to crank up the hype for the current popular dramas, i.e. the upcoming TVB award.

#537 LUV♡HOLIC

LUV♡HOLIC

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:29 AM

Yup, Mandy Wong fans are really annoying, alright. It's like they seem to think Mandy is far superior to those artistes they compare her to. Hello? There are people who think those artistes are better than Mandy too. But to them, no, Mandy is better in everything, Mandy is best in everything. And when someone thinks otherwise, they are too quick defend Mandy. But their comments about others are even worse than those about Mandy. And to add, they are totally blind to their own obnoxious behaviors. They seem to think there is nothing wrong with their mindsets, which is basically: Mandy is the best, Mandy is the best. And they seem think there is nothing wrong with the way they behave either. Well, maybe there is nothing actually wrong, but it's just plain annoying.

Edited by LUV♡HOLIC, 09 November 2012 - 04:32 AM.

#538 wubbies

wubbies

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:59 AM

yep fans do influence me on liking or disliking a particular idol but i will go back to liking them after a while until another fan irk me

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users