AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Sammul Chan and Sonija Kwok as a couple

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
68 replies to this topic

#1 d0ggiel0ver

d0ggiel0ver

& it's lovee '♥

• Forum Crew
  • 3892 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 12:14 AM

I am not 100% sure of they will turn out to be a couple.
It could happen since Fiona leaves and Sonija & Michael get a divorce. As far as I know, Sammul likes Sonija, dont know about Sonija..

But this must be the most disliked couple for me, why does sammul has to be paired up with her, seen the age difference .. I hope it's just a silly crush of Sammul and it will go away after a while .. which probably means sammul ending up alone? but this is just what I assume ..

What are your opinions on this pairing?

Edited by × d0ggiel0ver, 26 January 2008 - 11:03 PM.

#2 boom-boom

boom-boom

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 01:00 AM

are u sure sonja is gonna be paired up with sammul? kate tsui's in the series as well. wouldn't it be more logical for kate and sammul to be paired up?

#3 d0ggiel0ver

d0ggiel0ver

& it's lovee '♥

• Forum Crew
  • 3892 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 01:31 AM

Nope, because Kate likes Ron :) It would seem logical, since their age difference isn't as big as sammul and sonija, but the trailer already gave away that Sammul likes Sonija. Im not sure or they eventually will become a couple though

#4 floratien

floratien

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 09:57 AM

I think it is pretty fine.Age gap is not that big.They will look fine i think.

#5 annie083

annie083

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4392 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:18 AM

I think they will become good friends since they will be studying in the same class later on in the series(according to the spoilers). So they'll have more chances of seeing each others. But I just wonder whether they would become couple?

#6 d0ggiel0ver

d0ggiel0ver

& it's lovee '♥

• Forum Crew
  • 3892 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:30 PM

After seeing ep 3 and the preview for ep 4 I realise why Sammul likes Sonija ! Thank god haha..
It's because of the things he has been through with Fiona. The pen the fishes .. no wonder he likes Sonija .. So it's actually a wrong crush ^_^'.

#7 loveoncemore

loveoncemore

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1516 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:30 AM

ewwwww its so wrong since sonija looks so much older than sammuel.

#8 60699

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3676 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 01:16 AM

The pairing does seem a bit weird but I think it'll work. We all know in real life that Sonija is older than Sammul, but when you look at them and disregard their real ages then they look fine. Sonija still looks older than Sammul (and it is exactly what the role calls for) but she still has youth in her face so they don't look like mother-son. Sammul on the other hand still has a childish smile, but when he turns serious he shows maturity and it evens things out a bit when they are together.

After Le Femme Desperado, I think its a lot easier for HK viewers to accept the older woman-younger man pairing.

#9 reiyi

reiyi

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5526 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 02:49 AM

I don't think the age difference is a big deal. Why can't older women date younger men? So annoyed with people who still stick to ancient ideas. As long as their personalities match and they love each other, why the hell can't an older womna date a younger man?

Sammul and Sonija might be wrong for each other due to other reasons (e.g. Sammul's just seeing Sonija as a Fiona replacement), but, age shouldn't be one of them. What century is it now?

Sigh, after LFD, I thought viewers might be more acceptable towards older woman/younger man relationship. But, there are people who still go "ewe, such big age difference". I bet if it's the male that is older, the same age difference will not be a problem at all.

ewwwww its so wrong since sonija looks so much older than sammuel.

Nothing's wrong with an older woman dating a young man even if the woman looks older.

#10 akaime

akaime

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 10:40 AM

there is nothing wrong with an older woman dating a younger guy, but the pairing of sammuel n sonjia don't look right. i would want to see sonjia get back together with michael rather than seeing her with sammuel

#11 tally

tally

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1983 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 11:06 AM

in actuality, Sammul is 29 or 30 years old this year, so the age gap isn't that big. but lookswise, Sammul does look younger than Sonija. In Episode 3, it does seem like they hint that Sammul and Sonija will develop a relationship later on.

#12 Transition

Transition

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4817 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 01:24 PM

After seeing ep 3 and the preview for ep 4 I realise why Sammul likes Sonija ! Thank god haha..
It's because of the things he has been through with Fiona. The pen the fishes .. no wonder he likes Sonija .. So it's actually a wrong crush ^_^'.

I was glad to know that he doesn't like her for real, but only because she reminds him of Fiona. It would have been wrong if he just got over Fi that fast.
The age difference is indeed not much, 4 years....but the thing is Sammul looks younger than his age while Sonija looks older. So it seems like the gap is much bigger than what it really is...

#13 themissingpiece

themissingpiece

♥ KhaFi

• Forum Masters
  • 4119 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 05:05 PM

Just saw Ep 4, the pairing works. Yeah the common point was in the psych class and the fish..which reminded him of Fi.

It's an interesting storyline though, Sammul and Sonija..both are good actors and look like they can pull it off. THough because Sammul looks much younger than he really is, the age difference is pulled longer.

#14 Karligirl

Karligirl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1491 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 04:11 AM

The pairing does seem odd at first, but after watching episode 4, I could see some chemistry there and definitely they could pull it off. But I thought I've read somewhere that Sammul likes Sonija but the feeling wasn't mutual and at the end Sonija went back to Micheal. No?

Anyway, I don't mind the pairing at all and I'm looking forward to their storyline...

#15 Little_Purple_Bell

Little_Purple_Bell

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1944 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 04:47 AM

I agree with the posts above. Sammul and Sonija may not look so much like a couple on-screen, but the feeling between them isn't awkward, judging from the scene where they ate together. It's comfortable enough to accept. I suppose the scriptwriter has already tried to make it more plausible and easier to accept by writing in all the coincidental similarities that Sonija happened to have with Fiona. Sammul likely doesn't truly like Sonija; he simply sees Fiona's shadow in her. There's probably a big possibility that Sammul doesn't end up with anyone at the end, but rather still remembering Fiona instead because Sonija will likely have some romance scenes with Michael later on and then comes her 'incident' (don't want to spoil it).

#16 peachi_gurl080

peachi_gurl080

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 08:19 AM

For me these 2 couple son't really match cos sonjia looks like his older sister more than a lover couple. Same with Sonja mum they look more like sisters which I did thought at first but they are playoing mother and daughter.

#17 reiyi

reiyi

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5526 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 08:57 AM

For me these 2 couple son't really match cos sonjia looks like his older sister more than a lover couple.

They look matching personality wise. They have a lot in common.

Who says an older woman and a younger man can be lover couple?

Edited by reiyi, 08 June 2007 - 08:57 AM.

#18 qwerty77

qwerty77

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 03:24 PM

i think they'd like fine together. sonija still looks great for her age. i haven't seen her in any series for ages. glad that she's in this series.

#19 muimui001

muimui001

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 06:54 AM

i don't see anything wrong wiith older woman and younger man but i just don't think they match as a couple. like cam d and justin timberlake. cam is a lot older than jt but she exudes youthfulness and playfulness so as a couple they were quite convincing but sonjia doesn't have that kind of youthfulness. to me she's very wooden and more sophisticated. she doesn't seem like the type that will play with a younger man. plus her and michael broke up on a misunderstanding so meaning they still love each other. hopefully she will end up with michael.

#20 WimpyKid

WimpyKid

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 06:59 PM

i think they will become a nice couple. i dont care about age between So and Sam. nay be they will have chemist later.................

#21 hlac

hlac

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1724 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 07:48 PM

Sonija and Sammul, not for me, I think is cute how Sammul has a crush on her but she's too old and mature looking for him. I think Michael and Sonija looks the best as a couple, they are both very mature looking & they really love each other.

#22 moore_shady

moore_shady

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 03:00 PM

these days............old women can go for young men...........
age is not the barrier anymore..............

#23 Guest_Jenn@TMR_*

Guest_Jenn@TMR_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2007 - 04:51 AM

Sonia and Sammul=NO.

She looks too old for him and they don't really match.

I hope this ain't true.

Edited by Jenn@TMR, 25 June 2007 - 04:52 AM.

#24 Creme de la Top

Creme de la Top

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 12:49 PM

Oh man, they should not end up together. Sammul is too young for Sonija. You can SEE the age difference; the producer should realize that.

Oh man, they should not end up together. Sammul is too young for Sonija. You can SEE the age difference; the producer should realize that.

#25 xbabiechinkgurlx

xbabiechinkgurlx

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 08:11 PM

mmm definitely prefer sonija with Michael instead.. and plus sammuel doesn't seem the type for her

#26 L.c.

L.c.

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 08:12 PM

Sammul and Sonija.

I don't and can't see them as a couple. Maybe of the age difference inside this series or he is trying to make Michael mad and jealous.

#27 cindizzzle

cindizzzle

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 01:34 AM

I think they might end up together because there's a scene in the trailer where Michael is saying to Sammul that "hes dating his brother's wife" not sure how to write it in chinese.

#28 reiyi

reiyi

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5526 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 02:29 AM

Sammul and Sonija.

I don't and can't see them as a couple. Maybe of the age difference inside this series or he is trying to make Michael mad and jealous.

It's definitely the fact that Sonija is older than Sammul (not age difference, since their age gap is not really that big. If it's the reverse case, everyone will be ok with it) that is the main problem for many of u that say Sammul and Sonija don't match. If a guy around the same age or older than Sonija was doing what Sammul did and being as caring towards Sonija as Sammul, some of u guys who objected might think Sonija is better off with Sammul.

If an guy that is around Sonija's age or older than

Frankie and Linda has an ever larger age difference than this couple, why not one metion about it?

Btw, I prefer Sonija with Michael too simply because they love each other while Sonija's feeling for Sammul is just platonic friendship. Sonija being older than Sammul is not a problem to me and they actually has compatible personality.

I think they might end up together because there's a scene in the trailer where Michael is saying to Sammul that "hes dating his brother's wife" not sure how to write it in chinese.

I'm leaning more towards another misunderstanding. I don't see Sonija dating Sammul because Sonija doesn't seem to have any love feelings toward Sammul. Also, she has already tried once with Ellesmere. So, I don't think she will try dating again someone she doesn't love.

Well, that's just my opinion. Maybe they really will date.

Anyway, Michael deserves to be dumped by Sonija. How can he go to Selena on his wedding day? Can't he call someone to go check up Selena?

Edited by reiyi, 05 July 2007 - 02:32 AM.

#29 WimpyKid

WimpyKid

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 09:25 PM

i just finished E. 25 and Sam said he love So. that s great.
i think Sam - So did great jobs in this series so far.
but i read somewhere that so would die. hichichic. and untill that time she still love Mich. yup.
i dont lke M on this series. so poor for Sam, in the first one, his father died at the end, and second one, his gf died at beginning, one side love with So and she would died also at the end. Why did TVB give him a lot unluck? compare with Ron, this guy has gf but loves another during the time his gf isnt beside him, and Kate also likes him. he has alot than Sam. i dont like Ron so far, his acting doesn't improve, tvb biases ron so much..............................

#30 boscosane

boscosane

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 05:18 PM

i don't think sam and sonki match at all. sonji looks so much older. i know age doesn't matter but it just seems like a wrong pairing if they end up together.

#31 reiyi

reiyi

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5526 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 06:41 PM

so poor for Sam, in the first one, his father died at the end, and second one, his gf died at beginning, one side love with So and she would died also at the end. Why did TVB give him a lot unluck?

Yeah. Pak Kiu is like a dark star (天煞孤星). All his love one died one by one. Maybe it's a running theme for the scriptwriter, to make Pak Kiu the dark star. :P

#32 heyblu

heyblu

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:14 PM

i dont think sammul matches sonija. i think michael matches more. sammul has a very cute face that doesnt really match with sonija's serious face but michael's serious face matches better with sonija.

#33 reiyi

reiyi

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5526 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:52 PM

Honestly, age really doesn't matter if Pak Kiu (Sammul) and Winnie (Sonija) really get together. They understand each other so much. If they really get together, they won't have the 'different mindset' that might exist between some older woman/younger man couple.

Fung (Michael) and Winnie has a smaller age difference (in the series only. In really life the age gap between Micheal/Sonija is actually a lot larger than Sammul/Sonija), but see how their relationship ended up? Even the 2nd time around, Fung still messed up. He just doesn't understand Winnie.

How can anyone still give age difference as a problem when the series clearly shows it's a non-issue in PK/Winnie's case? The only reason why they couldn't be a couple is PK still loves Fiona while Winnie still loves Fung (this guy so does not deserve her love).

-------

Btw, talking about ages difference, In real life, Sonija is only 4 years older than Sammul while Michael Tao is 11 years older than Sonija.

Edited by reiyi, 11 July 2007 - 01:48 AM.

#34 solipsis

solipsis

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 01:09 AM

yes, age shouldn't matter here. if you watch return of condor heroes, XLN is older than the hero YG. moreover XLN is YG's master, and a love relationship between master-disciple is strictly forbidden.

getting back on topic, i think people's objection stems from 1. sammul as a third person between michael and sonija and 2. sammul confession of love when winnie is at her most depressed state. in a relationship, when two break up, there should be a "grace period" before another person makes the move. sammul didn't respect the grace period during michael and sonija's breakup.

#35 reiyi

reiyi

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5526 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 01:47 AM

yes, age shouldn't matter here. if you watch return of condor heroes, XLN is older than the hero YG. moreover XLN is YG's master, and a love relationship between master-disciple is strictly forbidden.

getting back on topic, i think people's objection stems from 1. sammul as a third person between michael and sonija and 2. sammul confession of love when winnie is at her most depressed state. in a relationship, when two break up, there should be a "grace period" before another person makes the move. sammul didn't respect the grace period during michael and sonija's breakup.

1. Sammul didn't go between Michael and Sonija. Michael ruined his own chance. Sammul did nothing wrong. Like what Sammul said to Michael, he has kept everything in his heart when Michael and Sonija was still good. He congratulated them, helped Sonija prepare her wedding and even hinted to Michael to be more caring to towards Sonija. It's after Michael himself ruined the relationship that he confessed.
2. Yeah, I agree that Sammul is too rushed in revealing his feelings to Sonija. So, it might look like 'seng hui yi yap'.

Yes, I agree that some people might object because of these 2 reasons, but, I don't think many people's objection (in this forum) is because of these 2 reasons. You can read it in this thread itself. Most people who objected states the reason as 'age difference', 'Sonija look older than Sammul', 'Sammul looks cute, Sonija look serious'. It's all just about look and the fact that Sonija is older than Sammul. If it is an older actor who played Sammul, there won't be as many people who objected.

#36 annie083

annie083

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4392 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 11:47 AM

I think Sammul & Sonija better remained as friends! What they had between them was just more Friendship than Love! They were a pair of good friends whom they could share their secrets, happiness & sorrow! Especially on Sonija's part....never seen her having any passion for Sammul as lover except treating him as a very dear friend, s.o. to talk to!

On the other hand, Sammul liked Sonija because she resembled a lot like Fiona....the way she liked going to the shops to look at fishes, the cute little pen that she had.... reminded Sammul of Fiona.
Think he did like Sonija a lot. She cared about her & her feelings! She proposed to marry her because he just wanted to help her & the baby!

Actually I think Sammul still couldn't forgive Fiona....we could see how upset he was when "Siu Lam"(the fish that represented Fiona) died! He understood that Sonija still loved Michael so they just split up peacefully. Think that's a good decision between them!

#37 PennyT

PennyT

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 03:59 PM

i dont like this couple. yeh technically sammul's character may not have done anything wrong because winnie and michael's character were broken up before he moved in on her.. but what annoyed me was that he let michael believe that the baby was his, deliberately withholding this fact and pretending to be the baby's father. it's a stupid and selfish thing to do.

#38 D1nhner

D1nhner

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 11:14 PM

I really don't like sonija. And I love Sammul, so I would hate it soo much if he gets paired up with her.

I don't know, since she was a bad guy in the first movie I watched her in, I have a bad impression of her, I don't like the age difference.

Hopefully they won't be a couple.
I'd be heartbroken if they are. I loved Fiona, she was so cute.

#39 reiyi

reiyi

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5526 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 02:19 AM

i dont like this couple. yeh technically sammul's character may not have done anything wrong because winnie and michael's character were broken up before he moved in on her.. but what annoyed me was that he let michael believe that the baby was his, deliberately withholding this fact and pretending to be the baby's father. it's a stupid and selfish thing to do.

Yeah, I agree that it's selfish and stupid for him to admit that the baby is his. He shouldn't do that. But the withholding information part, he has promised Winnie not to let Fung knows. So, he can't actually tell Fung about. He has always respected Winnie's wishes.

I really don't like sonija. And I love Sammul, so I would hate it soo much if he gets paired up with her.

I don't know, since she was a bad guy in the first movie I watched her in, I have a bad impression of her, I don't like the age difference.

Hopefully they won't be a couple.
I'd be heartbroken if they are. I loved Fiona, she was so cute.

Sonija seems a really good friend in real life. At least, according to Charmaine. I just watch Charmaine's Be My Guest session. Stephen asked her who she is closest with (female) within the intertainment circle and she said Sonija. She said she can tell Sonija her deepest feelings and secret and she won't tell anyone. They have mutual trust for each other.

I think Sammul & Sonija better remained as friends! What they had between them was just more Friendship than Love! They were a pair of good friends whom they could share their secrets, happiness & sorrow! Especially on Sonija's part....never seen her having any passion for Sammul as lover except treating him as a very dear friend, s.o. to talk to!

On the other hand, Sammul liked Sonija because she resembled a lot like Fiona....the way she liked going to the shops to look at fishes, the cute little pen that she had.... reminded Sammul of Fiona.
Think he did like Sonija a lot. She cared about her & her feelings! She proposed to marry her because he just wanted to help her & the baby!

Actually I think Sammul still couldn't forgive Fiona....we could see how upset he was when "Siu Lam"(the fish that represented Fiona) died! He understood that Sonija still loved Michael so they just split up peacefully. Think that's a good decision between them!

Haha. I do agree with with what you said.

Actually, I don't mind whether Sammul end up with Sonija or not. If they end up together, I'll be happy for them since they are compatible with each other. If they don't and it's like what happen in the spoiler, I'm still happy because it shows Sammul to be a faithful to Fiona. It's good either way. :)

Edited by reiyi, 12 July 2007 - 02:25 AM.

#40 heyblu

heyblu

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 05:04 AM

i like the friendship between sonija and sammul but i dont like a dating relationship between them. and if they start dating it could ruin their great friendship.