AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Susanna Kwan as Wong Sau Kam / Francis / Sai Kai

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
80 replies to this topic

#1 tis me

tis me

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6476 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 07:55 PM

In this series, Susanna will play Ha Yu's 2nd wife. Years ago, Ha Yu's wife, Lee Si Kei, thought she was dying of cancer. Before she died she wanted to make sure he husband would be taken care of. Before Susanna was able to marry into the Tong family, Lee Si Kei recovered. However, Susanna was already pregnant with Lai Lok Yi so she stayed at the Tong family but without the title of Ha Yu's wife. She harbors resentment over her status in the Tong family. Susanna will be the main villain in this series.. After Ha Yu's death, she tries to gain control of the family business. Her own son turns against her because he does not agree with her actions.

I have not seen Susanna in a series in a LOOONG time.. I think she will play the villain very convincingly though..

Any thoughts/comments?

Edited by Ă— d0ggiel0ver, 15 December 2007 - 12:29 AM.

#2 th1s_sweet

th1s_sweet

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1924 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 03:29 AM

I know she's a veteran but i've never ever seen her acting.. she seems like a huge b*t*h after I watched all those trailers.. but i'm really interested in seeing all her evil schemes.
Her son that turns against her is Lai Lok Yi right?

#3 I L Y ★ S O S H I

I L Y ★ S O S H I

I ♥ SOSHI

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1941 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 08:34 AM

she is so kool. i miss her singing and her last appearance in glittering days. this is so going to be fun between her and the first wife. cant wait to see some action

#4 socks

socks

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 08:37 AM

Her dress she wore in episode 2 looks similar to the one in LMS. That dress that both Leila and Michael's mothers wore and they made a big deal cause it was exactly the same.

#5 annie083

annie083

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4392 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 09:12 AM

Her appearance in epi.1 was completely different from her role in "Glittering Days"!

In the courtroom scene......she looked so bossy & her words were so cruel, harsh & hurting to Moses. She even slapped Chris (her own son) on the face blaming him for joining Moses to act against her on the fight of the family inheritance. I was so shocked in those few minutes while she was speaking (shouting!?.. lol).....What a woman!!!! Really looking forward to see which side would win.........!

#6 dorz

dorz

I am nobody!!

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 12:42 PM

I have not seen Susanna in a series in a LOOONG time.. I think she will play the villain very convincingly though..

Are you sure she is not in a series in a long time? I guess you didn't watch Glittering Days, I just finished that series. She played a soft character but after watching the first series of HoG, I was like wow!! she is veryyyy convincing, firm, stern and I can't wait to see the rest of it.

I know she's a veteran but i've never ever seen her acting.. she seems like a huge b*t*h after I watched all those trailers.. but i'm really interested in seeing all her evil schemes.
Her son that turns against her is Lai Lok Yi right?

yeah her son is Chris Lai Lok Yi, the same mother and son roles they played in Glittering Days.

#7 o__o

o__o

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 07:01 AM

The starting was so weird, her own son Lai Lok Yi didn't take her side but Bosco whos actually Lee Si Kei's son did take her side...I don't really like her, we can already see she's a b*t*h in eps.3
BTW, is Fala Chen her daughter or lee si kei's daughter?

Edited by o__o, 12 April 2007 - 07:01 AM.

#8 MyMelody°×♥

MyMelody°×♥

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 08:05 PM

does she sing the theme song for this series?

I think yes..

I hate her character sooo much! She is very annoying!!

#9 floratien

floratien

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 08:35 PM

YES.She sang the themeson for this series. Her acting is good, thats why so many of use started to hate her at this early stage. I think she will be more cruel than Michelle in TBOL.

#10 Fr0z3n_Fir3

Fr0z3n_Fir3

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 04:19 AM

Seeing Susanna Kwan's performance really worries me. I know her performance in the upcoming episodes would be great! However if Susanna is so great, that may overshadow Michelle..... I like both actresses, but I like Michelle better ^^

#11 !duh! -.-'

!duh! -.-'

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 12:40 AM

In this series, Susanna will play Ha Yu's 2nd wife. Years ago, Ha Yu's wife, Lee Si Kei, thought she was dying of cancer. Before she died she wanted to make sure he husband would be taken care of. Before Susanna was able to marry into the Tong family, Lee Si Kei recovered. However, Susanna was already pregnant with Lai Lok Yi so she stayed at the Tong family but without the title of Ha Yu's wife. She harbors resentment over her status in the Tong family. Susanna will be the main villain in this series.. After Ha Yu's death, she tries to gain control of the family business. Her own son turns against her because he does not agree with her actions.

Any thoughts/comments?

dat is wat i dun get....in da beggining of da series...why is bosco with susanna and lai lok yi was against her...*sigh*

#12 endlessluv42

endlessluv42

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 01:10 AM

dat is wat i dun get....in da beggining of da series...why is bosco with susanna and lai lok yi was against her...*sigh*

I bet it has something to do with
Spoiler
I hope I didn't ruin anything for anybody yet. But that is just my prediction.

#13 atmosk/

atmosk/

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 04:13 AM

ahhh icc now, i didnt realise the first couple of scenes was a flash back. I loved her character in glittering days, she was so nice, and here she's such a cow! i didnt know she could play evil characters so well though.

if i was her i'd be resentful in some ways too, always feeling like the 2nd

#14 l3by_j3ss

l3by_j3ss

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 09:44 AM

I wasn't a biggie on Glittering Days, I noticed it's the same mother-son pair-up, but anyhow, I can't wait to see more of Si Kei ^ 0 ^ and Michelle

#15 annie083

annie083

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4392 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 03:21 PM

Don't think I like her character here.......so selfish, calculating, inconsiderate & greedy! In epi.5.... her behaviour at the fruit store was totally disgusting!
No wonder she looked so happy in the airport after Lee Si Kei & Fala were off to England! She was ready to replace Lee's position while she was away! Such a nasty woman in disguise!

#16 ur_shooting_star

ur_shooting_star

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 08:44 PM

Even though I don't like her character much, I think she's doing a wonderful job of portraying the jealous, conniving wife!

#17 annie083

annie083

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4392 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 01:25 PM

She is definitely a good actress & a good singer! She acted & sang so well here in HOG....BUT her character was not so likable here as the 2nd wife of the Tongs family........a trouble-maker & a calculating & greey woman!

#18 qwerty77

qwerty77

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 05:05 PM

i like her acting nonetheless. too bad she got such a b*tchy role in this series.

#19 xtremecold

xtremecold

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 12:08 AM

Susanna is doing her job very well, cause I absolutely hate her character. Her character is full of pure greed, purely mean spirited, and and lacks respect for those around her, she thinks the world revolves around her and blames everyone for everything that she doesn't like. i.e. blaming Michelle's character for her son's poor grades in school (ep.6), unbelievable accusation in my opinion.

#20 themoon

themoon

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1548 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 05:15 AM

Her acting is good, but her character is soo annoying! Greedy mean scheming trouble-maker hmph...

#21 jess1

jess1

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 06:44 AM

definitely not a fan. prefer the first wife.

#22 monkeybusiness

monkeybusiness

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 07:53 AM

I agree with most of the comments posted above that her character is is b*t*h! But to be able to generate such a strong reaction from viewers at such an early stage is a sign of great acting. Those argument scenes must be difficult to film...that is a lot of screaming and long-winded accusations.

#23 michelle1587

michelle1587

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 08:03 AM

OMGGGG she's soooo annoyyyinggg in this series. She argues or gets mad at EVERY LITTLE thing.. She makes me cringe everytime she starts shouting. I do NOT look forward to her scenes. Evertime she comes on she just keeps on arguein. <_<

#24 lollidust

lollidust

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 02:28 PM

if she cant convinced or 'make-believe' u guys that she is such an old b*t*h, then she is fail to an actress.
she's just DAMN GOOD in this drama.. but her character is sooooo selfish and inconsiderate!

#25 signpost

signpost

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 02:35 PM

I hate the annoying wife but that just makes me like Susanna even more. Damn, she's good! This is actually the first series I've seen her in (that I'm aware of). She's got a nice voice as well, I really like the theme song.

#26 calee

calee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 03:32 AM

Agreed. I can't stand Lee Sze Kei's character in this show, which makes me like Susanna a lot more. I guess its understandable that Susanna's character is this bitter. She was supposed to be the wife, but Lee Sze Kei just recovered out of the blue, leaving her with no status and the butt of all jokes

#27 annie083

annie083

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4392 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 11:31 AM

Agreed. I can't stand Lee Sze Kei's character in this show, which makes me like Susanna a lot more. I guess its understandable that Susanna's character is this bitter. She was supposed to be the wife, but Lee Sze Kei just recovered out of the blue, leaving her with no status and the butt of all jokes

Near the end of epi.4......the confrontation between Lee See Kei & Susanna.... It was Susanna who BEGGED Lee See Kei to allow her to marry into the family. Lee See Kei said *NO* at first, advised her to think about it seriously & gave her $5000 to settle the family problem first. Later she cried & cried & begged Lee See Kei "5" times afterwards to get permission to marry Ha Yue. So Lee later agreed thinking that she could take care of Ha Yue & the family after she died. But what a miracle, she recovered from her cancer............! However, it's the change of the Laws in HK that she could not get her title as the 2nd wife.....it's not Lee See Kei's fault!

Think Susanna married Ha Yue because of money! Actually the whole family treated her well but only she was so mean, calculating & greedy!
I don't really sympathize her....she was really nasty!

#28 cuteazncal

cuteazncal

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1497 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 07:00 PM

I really don't like Susanna's character because she is so greedy and self-fish... she only wants the money that's why she wanted to sell all the stores and split the money... she was the one that begged to be in the family and she doesn't appreciate the family....I can't really understand why the second wife always get more attention than the first.. I can't wait to see how she would stir up more problems again

#29 jadeforever

jadeforever

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1142 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 07:19 PM

she plays a good villian so greedy and manipulative. i hate her character in this series but has a very good singing voice.

#30 sun7630

sun7630

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 04:43 AM

i think her role is overshadowing Michelle's

#31 atmosk/

atmosk/

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 12:12 PM

she is b*tchy but i also feel really sorry for her cause what she said is true when ur always the second wife its not so great, i mean i would feel so cheated too. And even when she confronted the elder wife, they still couldnt resolve it, i mean ha yu should just choose one wife and thats it, cause its natural for susanna to feel that way.

I mean i would hate to feel so second rate.

#32 ~Blaze~

~Blaze~

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 04:53 PM

^
i dont agree, cause, it was her who begged Lee Si Kei to accept her as Ha Yu's second wife.
Then, now she only has her eyes on the money.

#33 Advo

Advo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1199 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 09:29 PM

I love her. Sure enogh she's the villian but she a very convincing and superb actress. I totally hate her role in HOG. She's so different from GD so she's good! Also her singing's great, keeps singing along the theme song ... :blush

#34 ronrayng

ronrayng

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 10:11 PM

I really HATE Susanna's character in this series. She's very selfish and likes to create havoc for everybody. She always says how she is wronged, but everyone has treated her really well.

#35 kenji1234

kenji1234

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 04:17 PM

I hate her character so much!!! I can't believe Ha Yu didn't slap her when she was going on and on about being wrongly accused. I feel so sorry for Michelle. My hate for her went up another notch when she used her son to lure Lee Si Kei back to the house to see Bosco leave. What if Lee Si Kei fainted again? She is such a troublemaker and a horrible person. It'll be interesting to see what happens to her at the very end (after the court case, etc)

#36 Seoshi.love.

Seoshi.love.

freaky freaky boom track

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3218 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 05:30 PM

Her character is bad but Susanna surely is one convincing actress! :D but wth,, she's overshadowing Michelle too much!

#37 jcling

jcling

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 06:34 PM

her character is totally opposite from glittering days. I hate her in this series so much!!! all she care is about the money and whether is her son going to get a part of the family's money. No wonder her own son wont side her towards the end.

#38 ardens

ardens

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 10:18 PM

I f*ckING HATE HER!!!! HOLY sh*t. QUITE POSSIBLY THE MOST ANNOYING CHARACTER IN THE HISTORY OF TVB.

#39 Fr0z3n_Fir3

Fr0z3n_Fir3

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 12:13 AM

OMG....she is overshadowing Michelle O.o It's just cuz she has more screen time......wish Michelle would take a more active part later on.....

#40 floratien

floratien

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 01:39 PM

Superb acting-her loud and irratating scoldings,always not admitting her faults,fear of losing.Thats why we hate this villian.Considering that she has been absent from acting for so long and this is her first time playing a villian,she is superb.Just like Michelle in TBOL. Great veterans.