AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

korean and taiwanese.... who kisses better?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#1 Foua Vang

Foua Vang

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 01:29 AM

i watch alot of dramas (KOREAN AND TAIWANESE) and i notice that the korean female show less interest in kissing scene... they don't have alot of body language and chemistry with the males..... as to taiwanese i think the female go all out.... for example MARS, DBY, etc.... the kissing scene there are very dramatic and full of charisma... don't get me wrong i luv korean drama, they are the BEST but jux curious..... what's your opinion?

Edited by Foua Vang, 03 March 2007 - 05:49 AM.

#2 septembermoon16

septembermoon16

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 03:25 AM

interesting observation Foua. i have never thought about it, but i think you might be on to something there.

while i can recall TONS of really HOT scenes between the leads in Taiwanese dramas ie Devil Beside You (omg the air crackles between Mike and Rainie, esp the hotel scene) Mars (incredible searing chem between Vic and Barbie) and the list goes on.

but in Korean dramas the kissing is often times toned down. Other than I'm Sorry I Love You inwhich Ji Sub shows once again his amazing ability to make any girl melt, I haven't seen anything beyond a PG rating.

#3 Foua Vang

Foua Vang

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 12:07 AM

i luv SAD LOVE STORY.... it's so sad and their love was so intense but the kissings weren't....... i felt like screaming at the tv whenever they kissed because KHS besides her lips didn't have any other connection to KSW, but still it was a great series.......

BUT i do agree GOONG was wild.... woo-hoo JJH and YEH had alot of chemistry!!!

Edited by Foua Vang, 08 March 2007 - 07:26 PM.

#4 Mariella

Mariella

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 05:28 AM

I agree Koreans are more reserved in the kissing scenes. There are a few that raised a few eyebrows Beautiful days with Choi Ji Woo and Lee Byung Hoon.. Goong, The Vineyard man...and a few more.. It's slowly getting more accepted.. but even that is at a snail pace rate. To me, who's used to watching American T.V. , its pretty tame. But then again so is ALL the Asian dramas I've seen. I actually don't mind the tameness though.

Korea is a culture that is a mix bag of new and old. They like their sexy image celebrities.. but look down on people that are actually promiscuous.. even if it's just portraying it on tv or screen. (that Korean actress who committed suicide after doing a love scene with another girl in a movie.. she was completely ostracized by society). Even very sexy Hyori who has a party girl type of image says she's NEVER been clubbing. she's very traditional when it comes to being respectful and treating elders.. She tries to portray a good girl image (not to say she really isn't) when she's not doing her sexy dance and singing on stage. Otherwise she wouldn't be as popular.

#5 Lelena

Lelena

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 07:43 PM

I have definately noticed this too. In Korean dramas they usually are just pressing lips or closed mouth kisses. The only exceptions I can think of are in Goong and A Love To Kill. Sex in general isn't even mentioned much in K-dramas, whereas I have been surprised at some of things I have heard said in Taiwanese dramas.

#6 MadHatter

MadHatter

~Between Mind and Heart~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13472 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 07:58 PM

i guess im the opposite then lol. i find that in korean drama's they are the better kissers...

i watched quite a bit of taiwanese drama and thier kissing at times...just aren't real enough?

i like the kiss in

"what star are you from?" korean drama...

that looked real!

#7 forevereternal

forevereternal

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 12:54 AM

true...

whenever i see korean kisses it's not dramatic
it's always a lip tuch for few sec, nad off.
just a tuch! no moation...

i never saw taiwanese?

#8 *Susan*

*Susan*

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 03:01 AM

I've watched a few Korean and Taiwanese series but I'm not sure enough to actually judge their kissing. I always thought that in the Korean movies their kisses seemed more intense while in Taiwanese it seems soft and sweet. In shows like My Girl or My Name is Kim Sam Soon, they actually move their faces while kissing. I guess that in Taiwanese dramas they move their bodies more...hehe I'm not even sure.

Edited by *Susan*, 08 March 2007 - 03:02 AM.

#9 Aspire

Aspire

Sweet and Spicy

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6791 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 03:33 PM

hmm.. for me, I think Koreans kiss better than the Taiwanese... My view is different from most of you here... I think the Taiwanese usually just press their lips together, whereas the Koreans really smooch each other affectionally... see how Yoon Eun Hye and Joo Ji Hoon kissed? Hyeon Bin and Kim Seon Ah?

#10 spirit

spirit

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1922 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 03:45 AM

as much as i love taiwanese dramas, i'm more entertained with korean drama kissing scenes. in particular the ones from lee dong wook and lee da hae in my girl. :)

#11 firefaery

firefaery

♡ ♥ JaeJoong Lover ♥ ♡

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2064 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 07:26 PM

the kissing scenes from Kdramas and TWdramas can be considered conservative. Unlike the dramas here in my country, they really move their mouths and use their tongues..

anyways, TWdramas has more kissing scenes compared to Kdramas.. Guess Koreans are more conservative! :P i vote Koreans for better kissing scenes because most of the time, the lovers in the drama get to kiss each other only in the end.. makes it feel so hardly earned kiss! :lol?:

#12 lxandra

lxandra

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 11:40 AM

There are few kisses I like from Korean Drama as well Taiwanese series:-

K-Drama:

Lee Byung Hn - Choi Jiwoo (Beautiful Days)
Joo Ji Hoo - Yeh Eun Hye (Goong)
Kim Sun Ah-Hyun Bin (Kim Sam Soon)

Taiwanese Drama

Alec Su-Vicki Zhao (Huan zhu gege/ Cousin Ji Xiang)
Mike He-Rainie Yang (Devil Beside You)
Joe Zheng-Ariel Lin (ISWAK)

*ooo..I also like the kises between Wang Lee Hom and Ruby Lin in China Strike Force...

Edited by lxandra, 09 April 2007 - 11:44 AM.

#13 hoteggroll

hoteggroll

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 02:47 AM

Of all the shows I've seen, the only "real kissing" is in Devil Beside You. That's just two kids making out and gettin' it on. Good for Raine, because it looked like fun.

Oh yeah. In LSIH on the bathroom floor was pretty good too.

The rest? Amateurs... <_<

Edited by hoteggroll, 11 April 2007 - 02:49 AM.

#14 MizTressX

MizTressX

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 07:56 AM

well, actually....I think both are just starting to cross that border...the *show me a real kiss border* hahahaha so I haven't seen much to have something to compare with on either side of either country.....when I do, I'll be sure to let you know.

#15 chloe anne

chloe anne

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 11:48 AM

hmmm...korean movies or series are not that good
in kissing scenes...but
but.....the kissing scene in eps.23 of GOONG :wub: :shock
is extremely hot....i think in all korean dramas that's the best one...
in taiwanese???hmmm think they are too consevative and kisses are just
smack or peck....

#16 crzygyrl

crzygyrl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 11:28 AM

ive watched almost a hundred of Korean and Taiwanese Drama and so far these are the dramas that really shows 'real' kiss....(for me....)

TWDrama
1. DBY all the way :iloveyou: :iloveyou: :thumbsup
2. MG1 & 2 - meteor shower and at the church
3. MARS
4. LC
5. Peach Girl - well as for vanness..heheheh
6. The Hospital

KDrama
1. Goong - epi 23 is hooootttt
2. Love Story in Harvard - bathroom kiss
3. Which Star are you from
4. Kim Sam Soon
5. A Love to Kill

other's it's kindda only the man who's kissing and the girl just stood there with their lips closed.....

#17 Tiffiany_45

Tiffiany_45

Vic + Ariel = FATE

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2915 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 05:57 PM

I think both T-dramas and K-dramas can have extremely conservitive and hot kisses. It more depends on the actors and the drama.

I think Korea has started having A LOT steamier kisses after the Goong kiss, and T-drama kisses are off and on.

Look at last year's dramas:
Bull Fighting vs Fated to Love You vs They Kiss Again.
Hong Gil Dong vs Robber vs The World That They Live In

Like I said it really depends on the actors, and also a director to make the actors actually have a good kiss!

~Tiffiany~

#18 babeyelmo

babeyelmo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 02:14 PM

taiwanese
most of their kiss scene are better
Korean is okay like some people are better at showing it..haah

#19 AndLoveYelledNO

AndLoveYelledNO

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 01:51 AM

Taiwanese dramas are certainly taking it to the next level, especially with shows targeted to teens. I think without a doubt they definitely win this battle. They Kiss Again still tops the list.

Korean dramas have good kisses but only those that target adults. The teens dramas still are unrealistically conservative.

#20 AngelAngel

AngelAngel

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1881 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:32 AM

Um...lol I think Asian dramas just never get these moments right but Taiwanese definitely better. Korean kisses are so...stationary lol like they just press their lips together and stand there and close their eyes. Like not into the kiss at all.

Can't really think of good Asian kisses at the moment though...at the moment...

#21 marikit

marikit

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 08:05 AM

Taiwanese dramas deliver better [if not best, lol] kisses than Korean dramas. You'd definitely see passion and intense chemistry between Taiwanese actors when it comes to kissing scenes compared to their Korean counterparts. Anyway, I don't see any problem with this as Korean dramas deliver well in other aspects of the story.

#22 ac_ac

ac_ac

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 03:39 AM

Generally, Taiwanese dramas deliver better kisses than Korean dramas. There are always exceptions like kissing scenes between Ming Dao and Joe Chen (they dont even move lips :()and the passionate kisses in Goong and Coffee prince

#23 Li Meng Rui

Li Meng Rui

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:36 AM

It would definitely be 100% Taiwanese drama.They kiss way,way better than most Korean Actors/actresses...I can always feel the passion in their kisses...Don't get me wrong I like some Korean dramas but their kisses are just too cold and too stiff.

#24 SomeAsianDude

SomeAsianDude

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1617 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 02:42 AM

From my meager experiences in watching Taiwanese and Korean dramas, I do find the Taiwanese kissing scenes more passionate in terms of the actor/actress participation than in Korean dramas. However thats just my opinion :pleh

#25 fattidumpling

fattidumpling

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 11:46 PM

I'd say the kisses in TWDramas are better, because they actually display emotion and move, but the kisses in KDramas are often just a peck. Of course, there are exceptions, but I think it's usually this way. However, I love both TWDramas and KDramas! ^ ^

#26 Michelle:)

Michelle:)

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 05:20 AM

I'd say Taiwanese dramas, because Korean dramas don't really get into their kisses...

#27 ochocabu

ochocabu

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:11 AM

i like taiwanese kiss scenes more..

korean kiss scenes are well mostly too innocent, like their lips just touched then the camera angle would change a bit... although i did love secret garden kiss scenes.. and im still desperately looking for k-dramas that has that same kind of fire as SeGa did... does anybody know other juicy-looking kiss from a k-drama? although i do watch dramas for the story, not the kiss scene.. but its definitely a plus that would make you drool and love it even more

As for taiwanese kiss scenes... they are generally better kissers... but the best kisser award i think belongs to mike he... i mean, his kiss scenes look real enough that you'd probably want to be in the girl lead's role as well just to have a taste of him.. plus his hot!

#28 Qi Tong

Qi Tong

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:31 PM

I say taiwanese

#29 BeInspired

BeInspired

-{Life is your melody}-

• Forum Seniors
  • 6215 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:49 PM

why make it an issue between koreans and taiwanese? it's dependent on the individual!

anyway, I used to watch both, but I think i would go with Taiwanese because theirs seem more realistic and passionate. at least that's how i feel.

#30 Andika Adisucipta

Andika Adisucipta

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:58 AM

KOREAN GIRLS!!!! I dunno about Taiwanese becus I never kiss one lol

#31 Ait Wang

Ait Wang

xoxo Mr Wang

• Forum Crew
  • 2262 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:46 PM

Koreans are very conservative, that's why during the sweetest moment of the couple viewers aren't carried away. Unlike Taiwanese kissing scenes, they're passionate and exciting.

#32 Alleria

Alleria

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:18 PM

I agree with Ait Wang above me. Koreans are generally the most conservative Asians compared to Chinese and Japanese....so there are less kissing scenes in Korean dramas than Chinese/Japanese/Taiwanese. However it does seem more sweeter and harder-earned.

Quality of Kissing scenes: Korean
Quantity of Kissing scenes: Taiwanese and Chinese.

#33 onetwothreefour

onetwothreefour

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:04 PM

Taiwanese and it's not even close. I guess I blame it more on the girls though, they are just "there" not moving or anything.

#34 DreamWeaver1337

DreamWeaver1337

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:03 AM

Is this question based on generality or is this based on dramas/TV of Taiwan and Korea?

#35 HeoYucky

HeoYucky

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:05 AM

Taiwanese dramas hands down. They seriously go all out in those kissing scene most of time I had to skip it :D

#36 Ait Wang

Ait Wang

xoxo Mr Wang

• Forum Crew
  • 2262 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

*ooo..I also like the kises between Wang Lee Hom and Ruby Lin in China Strike Force...

I didn't know this. I'll find it.

#37 firstkao

firstkao

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

Taiwanese. Show Rainie really best couple. Their chemistry is very well established. I like them since HMS. I also like to see them kissing! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image