• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36960 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 03:35 AM

Ada Choi attends good friend's wedding so touched she cried
Saturday November 6, 2010 Hong Kong
Source: Mingpao
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums/

Posted Image

Ada Choi and Mary Hon attended the Harmony Channel (和諧頻道) (hChannel TV) broadcast ceremony. Ada reveals that Shallin Tse and Donald Wong (TVB's Photography Department Manager) wedding yesterday was very happy and moving. Ada said that the wedding was held in the comfort of the couple's own home, so she felt that it felt very close and warming. She witnessed the two go from friends to lovers, so during the wedding ceremony, she was so touched she cried. Ada joked that luckily she's already married, or else everyone will think that she's crying because she must be jealous of Shallin's happiness.

As for Mary Hon, she described the couple as a match from heaven because Shallin's personality is so quick, but her husband's personality is much slower. It's just like dancing, mutual accommodation, also Donald loves and treats Shallin well. Mary is happy for her good sister that she found happiness.

#762 ♥ ying

♥ ying

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1091 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 02:27 PM

I'm rewatching Where Legend Begins...Ada is very pretty there. One of the prettiest ancient roles I've ever seen! She's absolutely gorgeous and she portrayed that character very well..I like her better with long hair <3
  • mv_288 likes this

#763 churchill1

churchill1

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:06 AM

She's sooo pretty! She's like the prettiest person I've ever seen before. And she's an amazing actress too! Especially love her in Healing Hands. I miss series from the 90's. They had the best acting and storyline and people and everything!
  • mv_288 likes this

#764 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36960 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 10:34 PM

Ada Choi, 37, is Pregnant!
Tuesday November 30, 2010 Hong Kong

Posted Image

Congratulations! After two years of marriage, Ada Choi is finally pregnant!

It was the actress' husband Max Zhang who told the news. The actor attended to a celebration event for movie "Team of a Miracle: We Will Rock You" and announced the news after being asked by reporters. But he did not disclose how many months his wife is pregnant for.

"You guys ask Ada. I just know about it," he said, "We don't know the sex of the baby yet, but it doesn't matter, as long as he/she is healthy!"

But according to Mary Hong, who is currently filming a Mainland series with the mom-to-be, she should be more than 3-months pregnant.

The "Fly With Me" actress still has to work even though she is pregnant. Husband Max expressed the job is decided before the pregnancy. To take care of his pregnant wife well, he hired 2 additional assistants to take care of her meals. He also disclosed she plans to return home before Chinese New Year.

Pregnant women have mood swings often and that is not an exception for 37-year-old. Max disclosed his wife has a bad temper already and now it gets even worst. But he understands it is normal and does not mind.

"I understand it's hard for them [pregnant women] to control. I'm treating her like a queen now, but I'm very happy."

Source: Mingpao, Oriental Daily / By: KAY @ Kay's Entertainment

#765 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36960 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:18 PM

Ada Choi: It's An Unexpected Pregnancy
Thursday December 2, 2010 Hong Kong

Posted Image

Ada Choi's husband Max Zhang announced Ada's pregnancy recently. The 37 year old returned Hong Kong from Mainland and accepted a radio interview yesterday. She disclosed in the interview that she feels surprised about the pregnancy because they actually plan to have kids two years after marriage:

"It's a little unexpected. Our plan is to have kids two years after marriage. I still need to finish jobs that are scheduled already."

The actress does not finish filming of a Mainland series until January. Asked whether she would be a full-time mom, she said: "I really like my job. So besides working less during pregnancy, I only plan to stop working for a month after the baby is born and will resume working afterward."

The mom-to-be is thinking about names for the baby lately and she wants a one-word name. She once considered "Ching" (晴), meaning "sunny," but husband said the name does not work if it is a baby boy. She said: "Leave the final decision to Max. He's the head of the family." She does not want to disclose how long she is pregnant for because she is afraid of being asked by reporters.

Source: Mingpao / Translation: KAY @ Kay's Entertainment

#766 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36960 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:44 AM

Ada Choi & Max Zhang 3 year wedding anniversary shows off love
Wednesday January 12, 2011 Hong Kong

Posted Image

Yesterday it was Ada Choi and Max Zhang's 3rd wedding anniversary. Ada uploaded a photo of her and Max's sweet embrace hand in hand on Weibo. She said: "Today is our special day. 3 years of marriage, we always had different lifestyles, preference, and needs. I feel life will be a bumpy ride, allowing us to learn how to think more of the other half and more efforts. This is 'love'! Thank God that there will soon be another member added into our family! Thank God, Jesus Christ is the God in my family!" Good friends all sent their blessings, the most hilarious comment was by Monica Chan. She said: "Dearest '7 boy, 7 girl' Happy Anniversary! But, I caught the flower bouquet 3 years ago, why am I still not married? Hoho! It's close in the new year! Remember to give me a red envelope!"

#767 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36960 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:09 AM

Ada Choi natural delivery wants to experience the feeling of level 10 pain
Tuesday January 25, 2010 Hong Kong

Posted Image Posted Image

Yesterday Ada Choi arrived in Macau with her big belly to be a guest at the opening ceremony of a skincare product. Currently pregnant, Ada still did not avoid drinking the champagne. Wearing a low-cut spring dress with 5 inch heels, Ada was relaxed as she walked and said it's most important to be pretty.

Earlier it was reported that Ada is suffering from ankylosing spondylitis (chronic inflammatory disease of joints in the spine), asked if this has affected her baby? Ada said: "Actually before I was married, I already had problems with my waist, nothing was said if I could be cured. When there is pain, I would have to take medication to control it, but after becoming pregnant, my waist actually didn't hurt anymore nor did I have to take any medication." It was also said that because of insomnia, she starts having temper of a manic, she said: "It is a fact that I can easily get excited, perhaps my hormones have been affected, but I quickly calm down. Using manic temper is too exaggerated. As to insomnia, I have not experienced it since I'm always feeling sleepy."

Ada expressed questions regarding if she's 6 months pregnant, the baby's sex and her expected due date and all related questions, let the man of the house Max Zhang respond to those. Ada also reveals: "The baby's name I'm so greedy that I hope to give [him/her] a single character name, but the final decision is made by her husband. Because I want to experience what a level 10 feeling of pain is like, so I already chose to have a natural delivery. I will delivery the baby in Hong Kong, convenient for family to look after." Asked when she's going to take materity leave? She said: "Late February, I will be going to Beijing to complete the shooting of a Mainland series, fortunately the work isn't too difficult. Since it's just a scene where I'm watching the concubines ice skate. However, recently it is the peak of the flu season, I will be very careful and will wear a face mask when riding the boat.

#768 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36960 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 01:10 AM

Ada Choi Camera-shy While Shopping With Husband
Thursday February 17, 2011 Hong Kong

Posted Image

Sometimes stars are a little camera-shy.

The 6-months-pregnant Ada Choi was spotted going out with husband Max Zhang. Usually stays at home for her baby, she was shopping groceries yesterday and treated it as a sweet date with her husband. Covering her bump with a heavy coat, she went into the supermarket and brought milk, yogurt, pears, and oranges, even curry.

Didn't expect to see reporters, the TVB actress was surprised and immediately tried to cover her bare face with her hand. Reporters approached her when she stepped out and she even hid behind her husband's back. Reporters asked about her pregnancy, but she kept her mouth shut on that.

"You guys are being bad!," she said with a smile.

Ada later "complained" on Weibo about being followed. She sighed that she should have put on some make-up before going out.

"It's annoying! I was followed yesterday and today again! Hehe...The super tired me could only ask my handsome hubby to protect me! Dang! I should've put on some make-up!"

Source: ON.CC / By: KAY @ Kay's Entertainment

#769 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36960 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 04:01 AM

Ada Choi spends HK$7 million on a new home to welcome her baby girl
Tuesday March 8, 2011 Hong Kong
Source: Oriental Daily

Posted ImagePosted Image

Currently 7 months pregnant and expected to due in May, Ada Choi, sold her 1,200 square feet Pictorial Garden home in Sha Tin for HK$5.5 million and profited over a million. Later she rented good friend's single family home in Fairview Park, and not long later her pregnancy exposed. Not sure if Ada felt that the Feng Shui was good, but despite the high housing prices now, Ada still risked it and entered the market. Recently she and her husband spent HK$7 million on a nearly 1000 square feet single family home. The average price per square foot is estimated to be HK$700. It is believed that she's buying a new house to welcome her soon to be born baby girl.

Yesterday the media spotted Ada in her car and waving to her neighbors near the new residence. After Ada went on her joy ride, she went back home and reporters approached her. Reporters congratulated her for becoming a home owner again, she couldn't cover up her pleasant mood and smiled. Asked if she bought the new house for her baby? She smiled: "I have nothing to say, bye bye now!"

#770 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36960 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 02:37 AM

Ada Choi gives birth to 9 pound 4 oz baby 'big' girl
Thursday May 12, 2011 Hong Kong

http://www.uploadhouse.com/viewfile.php?id=10307438&showlnk=0 http://www.uploadhouse.com/viewfile.php?id=10307453&showlnk=0

Ada Choi was expected to due on May 17th, but the day before, Ada already started feeling pain and gave birth to her baby daughter 6 days early at Canossa Hospital. Ada once had a wish to personally experience the natural process of giving birth, but in the end it was not successful and the doctor had to give her a C-section to help her. Ada's baby daughter was born at 5:11pm, weighing 9 pounds and 4 ounces. Her name is Zoe Cheung Chor Yee (張楚兒). Yesterday Ada wrote on Weibo announcing the good news and posted a family photo!

A mother for the first time, Ada felt that the approach of a new life was very amazing, while her husband and father Max Zhang was so happy while carrying the baby, he couldn't stop smiling. He describes his daughter as a strong female because when she first came out, she did not have any loud cries, her hands and feet are thick and solid. Ada chose Canossa Hospital, where many other actresses went into labor there too, like Kelly Chen. It costs the least, starting from HK$100,000 and up.

A May 11, 2011, 5:11pm birth

Yesterday at 5:30pm, Max came down to the hospital's entrance for interviews with the media. A father for the first time, he first thanked everyone for the concern and then bowed. He appeared very excited as he said: "Both mother and daughter are safe. Our baby girl is born, Ada was admitted to the hospital last night, her expected due date was May 17th. Earlier, the magazines reported it all wrong, I saw that her stomach was so big already, so I bought her into the hospital to prepare, it was such a coincidence, eventually our baby girl was born on May 11, 2011 at 5:11pm. She is 9 pounds, 4 ounces and I believe is the heaviest baby in the entire hospital."

Accompanying Ada into the delivery room, Max watched Ada in labor and really felt that being a mother is not easy. He will treat his wife better and when the nurse carried their baby to them, Max's eyes were filled with tears, while Ada already started crying in joy. Asked who the baby looks like? Max said: "She has dad's mouth, and mom's hair. She is a beauty. (Gave her a name?) Ada wants to give her a single character, I want her name to have a "Chor" (楚) in it because I want my daughter to clearly understand the God's truth and in the end, we decided to give her the name "Chor Yee" and English name is Zoe. Her name represents a meaningful life."

Ada's mother already went to visit her in the hospital, asked Max if both parents already visited? He said: "Everyone that should come already came. (When will Ada be discharged?) Not that fast, I won't be working yet, spend some time with her first. (Ada is going to be a full-time housewife?) She cannot settle down like that... let her rest first, I think she'll come back to acting!"

FRIENDS VISIT ADA AND CONGRATULATES NEW PARENTS

Spoiler

#771 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15337 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:24 PM

Ada Choi returns home secretly with baby daughter
The Hong Kong actress got away from the media and brought her newborn daughter home

Endless congratulatory messages from friends and fans flooded her way after 38-year-old TVB actress Ada Choi gave birth to a healthy baby girl last week,

It was reported that Ada regained her health fast and was discharged after a few days of observation in the hospital. The new mum even managed to elude the media, who were waiting outside the hospital.

The actress returned home to rest and also to prepare for her husband Max Zhang's birthday celebration this week.

Ada even uploaded a loving picture of her husband holding baby Zoe, stating, "People always say a mother's love is the greatest! Looking at your silhouette, I want to tell you that a father's love is also great! Your love is also very important to her! I love you!"

A close friend revealed that Ada, who wanted a smooth birth, took a jab to induce labour, but had to resort to Caesarean eventually as baby Zoe showed no signs of coming out. The actress was said to have held on for another 24 hours before agreeing to the surgery.

Credits: xin.msn

#772 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36960 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:07 AM

Ada Choi jumps 3 cup sizes from breastfeeding, takes daughter shopping out for first time
Monday June 6, 2011 Hong Kong

http://www.uploadhouse.com/viewfile.php?id=11277296&showlnk=0 http://www.uploadhouse.com/viewfile.php?id=11277329&showlnk=0 http://www.uploadhouse.com/viewfile.php?id=11277341&showlnk=0 http://www.uploadhouse.com/viewfile.php?id=11277350&showlnk=0

http://www.uploadhouse.com/viewfile.php?id=11277362&showlnk=0
(Ada and Max's new house currently under renovation)

On the 11th of last month, Ada gave birth to a 9 pound, 4 ounces baby girl (Cheung Chor Yee). Since then, the mother and daughter have not made a public appearance, but the first time mother is often on Weibo posting photos and shared her baby caring experiences with everyone.

Focusing on the first month, Ada is following the tradition fully. Up until today, her baby's hair still has not been washed. However, yesterday Ada, who rarely leaves the door, sent off her husband to work in the morning then went out on a joy ride with her 6 month old in the afternoon.

Yesterday at 2pm, Ada drove her car beloved daughter and her caregiver out of her Yuen Long residence and straight off to the supermarket. She parked the car and left the caregiver and baby in the car to wait. Wearing a hat and a long tight gray dress, Ada has lost quite a bit of weight, but she still keeps feeding breast milk to her daughter, and jumped three cup sizes. Ada is now an E cup. She quickly walked into the supermarket, carefully picking out oranges, apples, bread, vegetables and other healthy foods.

When Ada came out of the supermarket to pick up her car, she saw reporters and appeared surprised, but she was still friendly. She smiled and greeted reporters. When asked why she didn't bring her baby girl into the supermarket? Ada said: "The weather is hot, she should stay in the car to rest." Asked if she's celebrating Dragon Boat Festival and her daughter's first month? Ada just smiled and did not respond, but when asked about her husband Max Zhang, she said with happiness written on her face: "He has to work in China. (When are you moving into the new residence?) Not yet, still renovating. There's still a while before we can move in!" After a few words, Ada got back into her car and drove home.

Yesterday reporters contacted Ada's manager, asking about baby Chor Yee's first month celebration arrangements. She said: "Ada won't be holding a banquet for the first month birthday, and has not decided for the 100 day yet. After all, Ada is at home enjoying caring for her baby."

#773 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36960 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 04:51 AM

Ada Choi gets addicted to baby caring and stops working
Friday August 12, 2011 Hong Kong

The day before, Ada Choi and her husband took their daughter out to Church. That afternoon at around 2pm, Ada was seen leaving the church and walking towards the parking lot nearby. The chubby baby Chor Yee was carried by her husband Max Zhang's sister-in-law. Although Chor Yee is only 3 months old, she is well spirited with her eyes looking around, and her chubby hands and feet are just so cute.

Reporters approached Ada, who was in a great mood. She said in a spoiled child voice: "I don't have make up on." Asked if she especially took her daughter out to share the family happiness? She said: "I don't have work now, so of course I'm enjoying family happiness. I stay with my daughter every day. Although baby caring is difficult, I'm still happy. My daughter is behaved and cute."

The people around Ada advised her not to praise her daughter like that, otherwise she'll get sensitive. She said: "Of course I'm not afraid of that, I believe in God."

Ada reveals her daughter is over 16 pounds now, but because the weather is too hot, she shaved off all her daughter's hair. Currently breastfeeding, Ada is working hard trying to lose the weight: "In fact, I'm keeping it pretty OK. Just about the same as before I gave birth."

When speaking of War and Beauty 2, Ada said: "Still discussing because this is a grand production. If I could take part in this series, then it be pretty good, of course it be great! However, the earliest I can start is next year." When asked when she starts shooting series again and her daughter hasn't got off the milk yet, won't that be troublesome? She said: "I'll think about it next year. Within this year, I won't be shooting any series."

#774 missgeekyspongebob.xx

missgeekyspongebob.xx

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 04:33 AM

Ada Choi Stops Work to Conceive Son

Posted Image

Thirty-seven-year-old Ada Choi (蔡少芬) gave birth to beloved daughter, Zoe Zhang (張楚兒) in May 2011. It was known that Ada was unafraid of pregnancy risks associated with advance age, as she planned to conceive a brother for Zoe so as to form the auspicious Chinese word of a having a girl and a boy (好). Ada hoped to have a boy within three years, thus she stopped work to concentrate on raising her daughter, Zoe, and to focus on conceiving a baby boy.

Yesterday, when Ada Choi and husband, Max Zhang (張晉) brought their 16-pound daughter along with them to church, Ada professed that she derived happiness from raising her daughter and won't be resuming work this year. Ada and husband Max have always been a loving couple. For her husband, 37-year-old Ada even gave birth to 9.4 pound daughter, Zoe. To give her beloved daughter a stable and nice home, Ada dumped $7 million HKD without a thought on a Yuen Long 1,000 square feet terrace house. In recent days, the family of three has moved into their new estate.

In the past, Ada once said that she wanted to have four kids of her own. It was known that the more time Ada spent with her daughter, the happier she was. Ada who will turn 38 years old next month will be facing a high risk pregnancy if she became pregnant again. However, she was unafraid of the risks involved and in hopes of fulfilling her wish to get two kids within three years and form a Chinese character of a girl and a boy (好) for Max, Ada stopped work to concentrate on conception.

It was revealed that earlier on, Ada turned down several televison series and only attended events to earn “milk money” as a part time career. Besides wishing to spend time bonding with her daughter, Ada also hoped to spend time together with Max.

Shaves 16-Pound Daughter's Head

Yesterday, Ada and Max brought Zoe along to the church to enjoy some family bonding time. On that fateful day at approximately 2:30PM, Ada who had just left church, wasn't decked in any makeup and slowly made her way to the carpark with hubby Max trailing behind her. Their cute and chubby daughter, Zoe, was carried by Max's aunt. Although Zoe was only 3-months-old, she possessed a pair of bright and intelligent eyes and chubby cheeks and hands thus looking very cute as a result. Whereas Ada had obviously slimmed down from her earlier pregnancy days, appearing with a sharp facial contour.

When the reporter approached them to snap some photos, Ada who was apparently in a good spirit said coquettishly, “I didn't put on makeup lehs!” The reporter then asked Ada whether she had specially brought daughter Zoe out to enjoy some family bonding time. In reply to this, a motherly Ada said, “As per usual, since I haven't started work yet, I am seizing this period of spare time to enjoy some family bonding time of course! I have been spending time everyday with my daughter. Although raising a kid is tough, I feel very happy as Zoe is obedient and so lovable!”

After hearing what Ada has said, the entourage around Ada reminded her not to praise her daughter too highly (Chinese belief that praising too highly of a kid is a no-no as it will inflate their ego in the later parts of life) in case her daughter became “jealous.” However, Ada replied, “Of course I am not scared of this happening, I believe in God, in Christianity.”

Ada revealed that her child was 16 pounds heavy now and since the weather was too scorching hot, she wanted to let her beloved daughter grow lavishing and smoother hair through a new cycle of hair growth. Ada chose to shave her daughter's head bald.
Ada who is still breastfeeding daughter Zoe, was making extra effort to slim down, “Actually I have been keeping my figure okay, not much of a difference with my earlier figure when I wasn't pregnant.”

Will Temporarily Take A Break From Filming For This Year

Asked whether she will film the War and Beauty <金枝慾孽> sequel, Ada replied, “I will temporarily be keeping myself updated on the situation because War and Beauty 2 is a big periodic drama. It would be great if it were to be filmed and if I can actually participate in it. However, the earliest War and Beauty 2 can be confirmed will be at the end of this year.”

Asked whether it was troublesome to flock in between filming to breastfeed her daughter Zoe especially since she hasn't completely stopped drinking breast milk, Ada responded, “I will think about this at the end of the year. I will not be filming any dramas within this year anyway.” Afterwards, Max drove everyone to Tsim Sha Tsui to drop off his aunt before proceeding onto their own Yuen Long home. Ada stepped out of the car first hugging Zoe before Max later followed into the home with a bag of home necessities.

In other news, Ada uploaded a photo of her daughter's bald head over Weibo and wrote, “Zoe is three months old today! She had just learned to sleep on her own today but still cannot adapt to it. Looking at her crying and screaming to find us, we constantly prayed in a room, feeling much heartache.”

#775 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36960 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:16 AM

Ada Choi tearfully tells the story of her past miscarriage
Saturday November 12, 2011 Hong Kong
Translated by aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums/

Posted Image

Satisfied with everything after having a daughter, Ada Choi attended a parenting course last night and exposed of her miscarriage early last year. Depended on the support from her religion, she was able to conceive 2 months later with success. The strong Ada could not help her tears from forming when she spoke of her past.

The sharing session was organized by former artist Barbara Chan. Because Ada and her husband appeared relaxed parents, Ada was invited to share her parenting experiences with current parents who are feeling nervous. However, Ada was on stage with teary eyes talking about her miscarriage.

Ada tried hard to hold in her tears as she revealed early last year, she was once pregnant, but after 4 months the baby's heart stop beating. The doctor said there an issue with the chromosomes. Ada frankly said at the time she and her husband were both very heartbroken, but fortunately with religious support, two months later, she was about to conceive again. Finally, she successfully gave birth to a baby girl at the end of the year. With the accompany from her husband through the most disappointing days, Ada was not as nervous during her second pregnancy. She even felt God guarding her baby and because of this she was able to take care of her baby Chor Yee with a relaxed mindset.

#776 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36960 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:41 AM

Ada Choi says goodbye to 'single parent life' happily celebrates Mother's Day as a family
Friday May 11, 2012 Hong Kong

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Last year on May 11th, Ada Choi and her husband Max Zhang welcomed a beautiful little girl (Cheung Chor Yee) into their lives. Last year Chor Yee was still in her mother's tummy and wasn't able to spend Mother's Day with Ada, but this year Ada can finally celebrate Mother's Day with her daughter after celebrating her first birthday.

Of course it is wonderful to celebrate both daughter's birthday and Mother's Day at the same time, but the most exciting part is her husband Max has finally applied for a Hong Kong citizenship and can come to HK often to be with his wife and daughter. Yesterday afternoon, Ada and her family went out for a family day in Causeway Bay.

Witnessing her husband becoming a true Hong Konger, Ada officially says goodbye to the 'single parent family' and can happily celebrate with friends in Tsim Sha Tsui. The couple first went to buy new clothes for their daughter, little Chor Yee was seen very active at the shopping mall. Running all over the place, Chor Yee, ran into a shoe store and accidentally bumps into the shelves and falls down. Chor Yee cried loudly and Ada quickly went to give her beloved daughter hugs and comfort.

Children instantly forget the pain the moment they see something interesting. Not long after the accident, Chor Yee was already attracted to the ice cream shop and pointed to the window. Ada saw this and went to buy 4 ice creams, one for each of them.

During the time, some people recognized Ada and her family, and chased after Chor Yee for pictures. Ada was friendly and taught her daughter to wave to everyone.

After a long walk, the family stopped at a sushi restaurant. Then after lunch, Ada and Max took their daughter to the children play area and toy store.

#777 woodi

woodi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:44 AM

she put up a great performance in Zheng Huan Zhuan.

#778 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36960 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:51 AM

Ada Choi & Moses Chan part of the set for a HK$120 Tourist fee to take pictures
Thursday June 14, 2012 Hong Kong
Translated by aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net/iforums/

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Ada Choi and Moses Chan are currently shooting in Hengdian for TVB new series Beauty at War. As there is a fee of 100RMB (HK$120) to tour the Hengdian World Studios and see the stars, nearly 50 tourists rushed in to see the artists filming from afar. However, the tourists eventually broke past the restricted line set by the crew and went up towards Ada and Moses for pictures. When Ada was busy being interviewed by the media, she pitifully became part of the set for tourists to take pictures and couldn’t make a sound.

Ada admitted after the hot broadcast of Empresses in the Palace (後宮甄嬛傳) in Mainland, she got a pay raise. Back then she was still carrying her, at the time, unborn daughter when shooting that drama. Ada laughed that her daughter Chor Yee brings good luck and since Chor Yee's still young, she's taking her everywhere she goes because she's afraid she won't have the chance once she starts school. Ada exposed her beloved daughter is very sticky, like a koala, she laughed: "Moses said there's a great possibly my daughter's going to be a martial artist or athlete when she grows up." When speaking of Mainland artists being too expensive? Ada said: "A price like that indicates the artist is very laborious. If there's a good script, then artists won't mind if there's a pay reduction."

Mainland Endorser sues Ada

Also it was said Ada and her endorsement company went to court in Mainland. Ada's manager expressed the hearing is still in the process: "Ada is not looking for compensation, but rather justice. Earlier we found on Weibo that the advertisement was still up after the contract expired. We already sent multiple warning letters to the company, but they didn't care and even sued Ada back for breaching the contract during her pregnancy. The contract did not say there would be a penalty if she's pregnant nor did it say Ada had to give a month advanced notice when she attend events. The boss of that company basically have no evidence to backup their claims."

#779 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36960 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:26 AM

Ada Choi worried of daughter's high fever turned into a pregnancy rumor
Friday August 3, 2012 Hong Kong

Posted Image

A few days ago, Ada Choi completed shooting TVB new series Beauty At War in Hengdian and then went on vacation to Singapore with her husband and daughter Chor Yee. Ada was in a great mood, often posting on Weibo. Aside from being happy, excited, anxious, alarmed, worried and surprised, Ada expressed "I don't know how to describe my feelings" while on her Singapore trip. Netizens suspected Ada and her husband successfully got pregnant with their second child while on vacation. Although Netizens left comments such as "Little Chor Yee is going to be a big sister" and "She's not pregnant is she?" Ada did not respond to any of the comments. It is suspected because it hasn't pass the 3 month sensitive period, therefore she cannot announce the good news yet.

Yesterday [Oriental Daily] contacted Ada to confirm the pregnancy rumor. She responded through SMS: "Because my daughter had a high fever and a rash, but she's better now. I was worried for 3 days. (Pregnant?) You all think too much!" Ada's manager said: "From what I know, she's not. What she wrote on Weibo is probably about something else."

#780 AAgurl789

AAgurl789

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:25 AM

Hi fellow ada fans, =)

You may recognize me from ada cache forum or ada imagery. I have A LOT of ada's movies (almost all of her movies really). I need more space in my house and would hate to throw it away, so I would like to give it to someone who would appreciate it. You'll have to pay for shipping but it's free otherwise. Email me at aagurl789@gmail.com

#781 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36960 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:38 AM

Lawrence Ng Filming "The HIppocratic Crush" Sequel to Help Save TVB
Tuesday August 21, 2012 Hong Kong
Credits: to hyn5 @ http://hyn5-hyn5.blogspot.com

Posted Image

TVB has been suffering from a lack of siu sangs and fa dans. Recently, successfuly persuaded Lawrence Ng to return to film series to save TVB. Yesterday, Lawrence revealed having just signed a per series contract with TVB, filming the sequel of "The Hippocratic Crush" with Kenneth Ma. In order to make this happen, TVB was willing to accommodate Lawrence's money-making schedule at the end of the year, delaying the start of the filming to beginning of February 2013...no wonder Lawrence kept saying that the conditions that TVB offered were very good.

Yesterday, Lawrence, Ada Choi, etc. did a recording for "Let's Play with Our Food", demonstrating their cooking skills in pairs. When asked whether he would be playing the role of Dr. Ching Chi Mei in the sequel of "Hippocratic", he said, "Don't know yet. TVB has also asked for opinions. I want to play an entirely new character...would be quite special to have Black Jack's one-eyed look. (Which female lead do you want to work with?) Asked Ada early on. She is very busy...doesn't have time". He asked in reply whether there were any good suggestions. Reporters suggested for him to look for Christine Kuo, who is recently being heavily promoted by TVB. He said that he never saw her before and also do not know her, but also gasped upon hearing that she is a pretty girl.

On the other hand, because the two had to demonstrate their cooking skills in the programme, Ada revealed that Lawrence was very nervous about the dishes...reminded her over ten times. She laughingly said that Lawrence is good at eating. Reporters hinted that Lawrence likes to eat dishes from different countries; Ada laughingly said, "A pampered son of an influential family must have standards; however, I haven't cooked for a few years. Now, best at making baby formula. Have sponsors for milk powder, diapers, and baby products. Hope that someone looks for our family of three to film a commercial...make money and also have memories". She also highly praised Lawrence's daughter as being a very pretty girl, saying that she doesn't look like Lawrence at all. Recently, there have been many joyous occasions in the industry. She told everyone to be at ease, as she would definitely have more kids.

#782 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36960 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:05 AM

Ada Choi busy hitting mosquito while driving, gets into accident & fined HK$950
Wednesday August 22, 2012 Hong Kong

Posted Image

Earlier this April, Ada Choi was on the road driving when a mosquito distracted her. Because she was busy trying to hit the mosquito, she lost control of the car and crashed into the lamp post. Her car suffered minor damages, but she didn't have any injuries. After the accident, Ada called the police immediately and the officer charged her for careless driving. Yesterday afternoon, Ada appeared at the Tuen Mun court for her hearing and she pled guilty. She was fined HK$950 for her accident.

Yesterday afternoon, Ada groaned on Weibo: "This is the first time in my life that I've gone to court. And the reason was because I was hitting a bug...ahh...I really really dislike court, it feels so uncomfortable... I hope this is the last time in my life that I'll have to go to court."

When Ada left the court, she shouted to reporters that she has no makeup on, so don't take any pictures of her. Then she waved goodbye and left.

Later, Ada accepted an interview over the phone. She frankly expressed she wasn't scared, just feels uncomfortable to go to court. "I just hoped to get it done as soon as possible and leave!" She also reveals she's not sure if there are extra fines or if she'll get points, she just feels so innocent: "It's not like I was doing anything, my friend advised me that if I encounter the same situation, I should just open the window and let it out!" She said her husband Max Zhang laughed at her look without makeup: "He asked me why I didn't put a hat or makeup on when going to court, because I would scare people with that look!"

#783 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36960 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:42 AM

Ada Choi Announces Second Pregnancy "Snake Baby"
Thursday November 8, 2012 Hong Kong
Source: Mingpao, Oriental Daily
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asinauniverse.net

Posted Image

Yesterday there were good news coming one after the other. First it was Guo Jingjing and the grandson of late business tycoon Henry Fok's wedding (view pic); It was rumored Michelle Reis is in her 4th month of pregnancy; TVB actor Cheung Wing Hong marries his girlfriend Angie (view pic) and Ada Choi announces she's pregnant with her second child, the "snake baby".

Yesterday afternoon Ada announced her pregnancy on Weibo, she shared a family photo of her with husband Max Zhang and her daughter. She wrote: "I have a secret...do you want to know? We have another member joining our family, that is my own brand of children clothing, launching next year! I'm so excited! I believe you all will definitely support us! That is correct, next year my daughter will have a companion! Are you all excited? Happy? The Cheung family wants to thank everyone for your love and concern."

Many good friends including Zhang Ziyi, Charmaine Sheh, Hacken Lee, Bernice Liu, Christine Ng, etc. all congratulated Ada. Ada's manager confirmed her pregnancy yesterday: "She is pregnant, it's a snake baby! (Ada's jobs is affected?) We had always been discussing some series, and turned down a few, but she will still take on the advertisements and functions. She does not know if the baby is a boy or girl yet. (Just reached 3 months into pregnancy?) You all can ask her yourself."

#784 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36960 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:42 PM

Ada Choi May Film "Concubine Zhen Huan 2"
Tuesday December 18, 2012 Hong Kong
Source: http://my.entertainm...-085600747.html

Posted Image

Despite her pregnancy, TVB actress Ada Choi revealed that she does not plan to take a break.

According to Jayne Stars, the actress exclaimed at a recent dinner banquet in Tianjin, "I am not planning to rest anytime soon!"

Ada Choi plans to return for the sequel of "Legend of Concubine Zhen Huan", also known as "The Legend of Zhen Huan", which has already been confirmed and given the title "Legend Of Ru Yi". The author has also revealed that the sequel will be based on Ru Yi, the descendant of Ada's tragic Empress.

This was because Ada Choi believed that working during her pregnancy helps to establish good prenatal education for the child. Further, her current jobs are not so strenuous.

"There are many celebrity mothers who stop working and stay at home once they are pregnant. That's not me," said Ada. "I have a lot of work to do! After tonight's job, I have to go to Shanghai, then Wuxi, and then after that, Beijing."

A precise filming date has not been confirmed.

#785 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36960 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:09 AM

Ada Choi & Max Zhang Celebrate 5th Wedding Anniversary on Weibo
Saturday January 12, 2013 Hong Kong
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net

Its Ada Choi and her husband Max Zhang's 5th wedding anniversary. Unfortunately, Ada, Max and their daughter are currently in Beijing, Guangzhou and Hong Kong respectively and have not been able to celebrate together. Ada expressed her love for Max on Weibo. Currently pregnant with her second child, Ada is in Beijing resting, while her husband flew to Guangzhou for The Grandmaster promotions. Their daughter remains in Hong Kong. Ada posted a family photo on Weibo and said: "2013. 1 . 12 . you, me and her are separated in three places, no gifts, no celebration of our 5th anniversary. Thank you God for bringing the love to us and telling us to learn how to love! My dearest (Max) is in Guangzhou, work hard! I'm in Beijing and missing my daughter! Tomorrow, we will see each other and reunite!"

Max responded to his wife: "We've been married 5 years. We experienced the same things together, we grew together and thank God together! Two people is always better than 1 person because two people can create beautiful memories and results."

#786 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36960 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:00 AM

Ada Choi's online anniversary
Tuesday January 15, 2013 Hong Kong
Source: http://my.entertainm...-091700697.html

Posted Image

12 January was Ada Choi and husband Max Zhang's fifth wedding anniversary. However, the couple was only able to wish each other on Weibo due to Max Zhang's work obligation.

As reported on Groove Asia website, the actress was only able to write her wish on Weibo with her resting in Beijing and Max in Guangzhou promoting his new film while their daughter remained in Hong Kong.

The actress wrote, "12. 1. 2013. She, you and I are separated in three places. No gifts or celebration for our 5th anniversary. Thank you God for bringing the love to us and telling us to learn how to love! My dearest (Max) is in Guangzhou, working hard! I'm in Beijing and missing my daughter! Tomorrow, we will see each other and reunite!"

Ada also attached a picture of the three of them together with the Weibo update.

Reading the message, Max responded to his wife via the same social network, "We've been married five years. We experienced the same things together, grew together and thank God together! Two people are always better than one because two people can create beautiful memories and results."

Ada Choi married Chinese actor, Max Zhang on 12 January 2008 after four years in a relationship. In 2011, their daughter Zoe was born. The actress is currently pregnant with their second child.

#787 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36960 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:45 AM

Ada Choi's friends throw baby shower
Thursday March 7, 2013 Hong Kong
Source: http://my.entertainm...-034600531.html

Posted Image

It was revealed that friends of actress Ada Choi and her husband Max Zhang recently threw a baby shower for the expecting mother, who will be welcoming her second baby this spring, as reported on Popular Asians.

The Zhang family, including Ada's soon-to-be 2-year-old daughter Zoe, were dressed in green to match the colour theme of the baby shower. The second time mother-to-be was also presented with a 3-tier green-coloured cake, topped with a teddy bear.

Guests, including actresses Monica Chan and Kitty Lai, were also served with vanilla cupcakes in a fun event that was held at a park that was decorated with green flowers and white umbrellas.

The actress, who recently hinted that they will be welcoming another baby girl, updated her Weibo, stating, "Our good friends organised a baby shower to celebrate the arrival of the latest addition to the Zhang family. Thank you to my friends for their love, and thank God for the wonderful weather! We enjoyed ourselves immensely!"

In related news, the eight months pregnant Ada will soon launch a baby apparel line, in which she and a friend had invested in together.

#788 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36960 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:24 AM

Ada Choi's Second Daughter is Born! Zhang Ziyi Rushed to Visit Her "See Mo"
Wedensday March 27, 2013 Hong Kong

Yesterday afternoon Max Zhang posted good news on Weibo, he announced Ada Choi gave birth to their second child on March 25th, both mother and daughter are healthy. He uploaded a new family photo on Weibo and wrote: "Women going through pregnancy for 10 months, it's easier said than done. Life is wonderful, thank you God!" Ada responded immediately: "Congrats Mr. Zhang! A house with three beauties, you are the happiest man!"

Their eldest daughter, Chor Yee was 9.4 pounds at birth, but the couple didn't disclose the weight of their newborn this time, but from the photo "little Ada" looks just like her sister Chor Yee. Max taught international superstar Zhang Ziyi swordsmanship when she worked on Couching Tiger Hidden Dragon back in 2000 and they recently worked on The Grandmasters together Yesterday Zhang Ziyi visited the couple at the hospital and even showed off her maternal love by carrying "little Ada" for pictures. On Weibo, Zhang Ziyi reminded her [martial arts] "see fu" (master) to take good care of "see mo" (master's wife) on Weibo: "One moment that makes me especially happy is watching my friend bath in happiness. Congratulations 'Empress' (Ada) for getting another 'princess'. Ma Sam, (Max's role in The Grandmasters) if you don't treat Ada Choi well, then the 'eight trigram palm' of the Kwoon family (Ziyi's role in The Grandmasters) will not forgive you!" Max is getting quite a bit of attention for his role as Ziyi's "see hing" and back during Couching Tigers, he had already been Ziyi's stunts double, therefore they developed a deep friendship.

Friends Congratulate Ada
Spoiler

#789 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36960 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:58 AM

Ada Choi Is Done Having Children: "Zhang Family Doesn't Need a Boy"
Thursday March 28, 2013 Hong Kong

Yesterday 39 year old Ada Choi was discharged from the hospital after giving birth to her second daughter (Zhang Shun Yee) on March 25th. Max Zhang arrived to the hospital early to pick his wife and newborn up. When they met reporters at the hospital entrance, the couple gave out bunny-shaped chocolates due to the upcoming Easter holiday. The chocolates had their beloved daughter's name, birth date and weight (8LB12OZ) written on it. This means Shun Yee was 8 pounds, 12 ounces at birth.

During the interview, the couple showed off their love. Ada expressed she's still very excited: "Because I saw such a lovely product." Asked who they think the baby resembles? They both said: "Zhang Chor Yee! I was frightened when Chor Yee was born because she looked just like her sister. Even the doctor said they looked alike." Ada frankly expressed last time when she had Chor Yee, she waited 12 hours before going into labor, but this time it went by a lot faster: "I was admitted to the hospital at 10:30 and by 10:52, I already gave birth. It was just 22 minutes. When I was giving birth, my husband was taking pictures the whole time and he's also the one who named her. Shun Yee means 'Have confidence in God; God's children.' (Are you done having children?) Yes! Not playing anymore! The Zhang family does not need a boy."

Max was asked if he thinks it's enough to have three beauties in the family? He laughed: "I cannot do this alone, and when she was pregnant, I had a difficult time too! We were both very exhausted having two children. Just watching her being pregnant for such a long period, I can't stand it either. Sometimes she wouldn't be able to get up or move." When asked how he plans to reward his wife? Ada jumped in: "Treat him like a slave, he has to keep on serving me! He's so blessed, he has the 'big wife', '2nd mistress' and '3rd mistress'. Chor Yee treats her little sister attentively. She only allows mom and dad to carry the baby, even if the aunts wanted to, they have to get a palm spanking." Chor Yee isn't jealous of her little sister? Max said: "Definitely will happen. We have to think of how to handle this situation. Chor Yee won't sleep, she's always asking when her little sister is coming home."

When speaking of Zhang Ziyi visiting Shun Yee at the hospital? Ada laughed and said she has a lot of fate with Ziyi. "When I called her, she was coincidentally in HK and so after she came to visit, she had to catch her flight immediately. (What did she give you?) Flowers." Bobby Au-Yeung exposed Ada have the looks to have lots of babies, and gave her the nickname of 'Pelvic Bone Queen'. Ada laughed: "Thanks."

#790 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36960 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:41 AM

Ada Choi Returns to Work, Her Daughter Mistaken Eddie Kwan for Her
Thursday May 2, 2013 Hong Kong

Posted Image

Yesterday Ada Choi returns to work after her postpartum month ended to shoot an advertisement for skincare brand Suisse Reborn. Ada successfully lost weight after childbirth, but expressed she still has to lose 8 more pounds. "My daughter is already 20 pounds. I'm breastfeeding her, but she has diarrhea after drinking her milk, then she'll drink again and the cycle repeats. I'm so exhausted I asked her why doesn't she take a nap first because her mother is just too tired! But when I see her cute and chubby face, it's all worth it."

When speaking of her new series Beauty At War's poor ratings. Last Tuesday and Wednesday, the ratings went down to 20 and 21 points; that's a new low! Ada admitted she does feel a bit unhappy: "We all know about the ratings, but I hope the audience will have a bit more patience and watch the series carefully. When I'm watching, my daughter cries, but I just stick a stuff animal at her. My daughter also thinks Eddie Kwan is me! Because he's covered with the Chinese opera makeup."

Sheren Tang disclosed the script wasn't ready at the time of filming. Ada expressed: "We just didn't have our lines yet, the scenes were all allocated already and there was a synopsis, so we knew what the story was about. Actually, I didn't have to do as much homework. This way, nothing was set up and the outcome is more natural."

#791 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36960 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:10 AM

Ada Choi Gets "Kidnapped" Calls the Public Security to the Rescue
Saturday September 21, 2013 Hong Kong

Recently, Ada Choi has been focusing on filming Mainland dramas. Her latest drama Empresses in the Palace has brought her a rise in popularity, thus she's often attending functions in Mainland and earning extra income. Unexpectedly, Ada encountered unfortunate events in Xi'an and Tianjian. Not only was Ada forced to go to another function that wasn't mentioned in her contract, she also encountered several cars stopping her on the highway. The life threatening situation felt like she got kidnapped and is extremely angry at the company (Der德尔) for its shameful act. She is currently consulting with her lawyer to take legal action against the company.

Ada was so angry she posted on-the-scene photos and an apology letter from Der德尔 on Weibo. She wrote: "It was too terrifying! How could such thing happen! Yesterday I went to Xi'an for a function, we only signed one contract to attend one event at one location. I never imagined I would get forced to attend another one. The car just took me to the shopping mall and told me to get out of the car. Yesterday the company already sent me an apology letter and declared that nothing like that will ever happen again in Tianjian! Today, the arrangements at the Tianjian functions had been a huge mess and I'm already very upset. I already did everything I was suppose to do according to the contract, but I never thought the event organizer would come stop my car, while I was already on my way to the airport. This is the first time I felt my life was at danger, I felt like I was getting kidnapped! God! How can this happen! The only thing we could do was call the Public Security! Fortunately, the Public Security got to the scene on time and took us to the airport. I'm still very scared now. I am extremely angry at the involved company's shameful act!"

Ada's husband Max Zhang angrily scolded the culprits on Weibo: "What were you guys trying to do?! You guys said one thing in the apology letter, but then what are your actions like? You guys trying to bully a woman? She fulfilled her duties according to the contract, but then she's asked to do something outside the contract and that's call not cooperative? You guys were controlling her freedom, no different from kidnapping her. Ask any woman whether they would be scared to see several big cars stopping her car on the highway? You guys scared a woman that much, its not going to be simply telling you off." Good friend Monica Chan said: "That is just too terrifying, please respect the contract!"

#792 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36960 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:56 AM

Ada Choi Opens Kidswear Store Offering Her Own Designed Clothing
Thursday September 26, 2013 Hong Kong
Source: Source: Oriental Daily

Yesterday Ada Choi became a business owner, she and her good friends started a new company called Motion Picture (MP) (童夢工場 Children Dream Factory). Motion Picture offers designer kidswear and accessories, which were personally designed by Ada herself. Ada's husband and two daughters, Lawrence Ng, Flora Chan, Jessica Hsuan, Teresa Mo, Eileen Yeo and Mary Hon were all there to support her. As a business owner for the first time, Ada expressed she felt very excited when people called her "Lo Ban Leung" (female boss). She said: "I invested 7 figures into this business with two other friends. I will have to work harder to earn more money and open second store next season. I hope my business will make it in the stock market. (Your husband gave you the money to start this business?) We made this investment as a family of four, there is no distinguish of you or me in a family."

When speaking of Ada's "kidnap" incident in Mainland, she immediately stopped reporters from mentioning the terrifying event. "My lawyer and manager are handling the issue. (Will you work at Mainland again?) Of course! (Hire bodyguards?) This isn't about being careful or not, I've already done all my safety measures." She expressed she will teach her daughter to be aware of kidnappers and joked: "I will also teach my daughters to take up the responsibility as a [role]model, otherwise they won't get dinner." Yesterday Ada self-promoted her clothing brand on Weibo, while her husband reposted and joked: "Mrs. Choi, will family members get a discount?"

#793 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36960 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:14 AM

Ada Choi will not quit acting
Wednesday January 15, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: http://my.entertainm...-035800353.html

Posted Image

Despite busy with her new children's apparel business, Motion Picture Kidswear, actress Ada Choi stressed that she will never quit acting.

According to HK Channel, the actress, who sat down for an interview recently, spoke about the experience of establishing a business with friends, saying, "I am learning as I go along. It is difficult, but it is also very fun."

Ada admitted that she has learned a lot, especially in terms of designing, saying, "I once thought that you just have to draw what you want, but actually you also have to make models and measure clothes. There are also provisions on how much fabric one can purchase without affecting the budget. There is a lot to learn."

In terms of her acting career, Ada stated that unlike in the past where she has to work in ten productions a year to get recognised, nowadays, she gets the opportunity to choose her projects.

"It's not for the money. You can't earn all the money in the world," said the "Legend of Zhen Huan" star, adding that enjoying life is the most important thing of all.

However, she denied that a retirement is waiting in near future, saying that she lacks the skill to become a full-time businesswoman.

"I will not give it up. I won't let my business affect my own career," said Ada, stressing that acting will always be her first love. Nonetheless, she will consider leaving the industry if her husband Max Zhang and her children want her to do so.

#794 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36960 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 02:11 AM

Ada Choi expresses a sudden outburst of anger online
Friday February 21, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: http://my.entertainm...-041300397.html

Posted Image

Actress Ada Choi puzzled everybody when she expressed her anger through Weibo recently.

According to On CC, Ada recently flew over to Shanghai to film a TV show and brought along her daughter, Zoe with her.

Nothing seemed out of place and the actress was also in a good mood when the paparazzi came to take her photos.

But later on, she turned to Weibo and expressed her fury, saying, "I don't like it when I am angry. I don't mind people being rude to me. I have a very high tolerance for rudeness. But when they are rude to my loved ones, my anger takes over."

She continued, "Please forgive me. I am forced to [feel this way]. I feel sad and guilty after what happened."

However, the actress did not elaborate on the reason for her sudden outburst.

#795 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36960 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:06 PM

Ada Choi denies being dominant in marriage

Wednesday August 20, 2014 Hong Kong

Source: https://my.entertain...-063900275.html

2ii8l1w.jpg

Hong Kong actress Ada Choi may looked like the more dominant partner in her marriage with Chinese actor Max Zhang but the actress recently said that nothing could be further than the truth.

Mingpao News reported that the actress recently attended a promotional event for a health product at the HKCEC, which she endorsed jointly with her martial arts actor husband – their first endorsement as a couple in Hong Kong.

Asked to address rumours saying that they are paid a seven figure sum for endorsing the product, Ada laughed and said, "The payment is of course higher than usual because there are two of us."

Ada also addressed speculations about her domineering ways, after Max's past interview saying that she controls the family finance. "I deal with the budget, but my husband is responsible for our daughters' education, like what school they should get into and things like that. I never go against him on things that are under his care."

"I really respect my husband. I may speak loudly but it doesn't mean that I am not a gentle person. I do listen to him," said Ada, adding that the two of them have always discussed their issues together.

"You should never keep things to yourself, or it will accumulate and make you depressed," the actress concluded.

#796 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36960 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:24 AM

Ada Choi Turns Down Ghost Series for Beliefs

Thursday September 4, 2014 Hong Kong

Credits: to hyn5 @ http://hyn5-hyn5.blogspot.com

TVB will be filming a ghost genre comedy in November. Producer Tsui Ching Hong originally intended for Moses Chan and Ada Choi to be the male lead and the female lead. Ada also rejected two or three Mainland series to prepare for filming; however, after discussing the script again, she then found out that the new series is a ghost genre. Ada, who is a devout Christian, suddenly pulled out because the genre conflicts with her beliefs. The role will be taken over by Kristal Tin, who was originally portraying another role. During a phone interview, Ada said, "Back then, after filming 'Troublesome Night', haven't filmed any for ten-plus years. (Rejected two or three Mainland series...lost some ten million?) Not unfortunate...will see and film again afterward". As for Kristal, who is a Buddhist, said, "Everyone makes different choices. As for me, it doesn't really matter. This time is collaborating with Moses for the first time...greatly anticipating it".

When Moses was asked whether he felt that it was unfortunate to not be able to collaborate with Ada, he said, "No! Ada is my friend. No opportunity this time...hope there is [an opportunity] next time. She is a good partner...treats people well, is also very fun, and is also crazy enough. After 'Beauty at War', haven't collaborated for two or three years. Good friends with her...have a lot of chemistry when working together. Collaborating with Kristal for the first time, so there is a feeling of freshness".

#797 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36960 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 02:45 AM

Ada Choi clarifies parking issue

Friday September 12, 2014 Hong Kong

Source: https://my.entertain...-042200793.html

jzfx44.jpg

Ada Choi and husband Max Zhang clarified an issue raised by a Netizen about a parking incident that occurred recently, ET Today reported.

Previously, the couple reportedly caused problems for other drivers when they parked against the traffic direction at the Hong Kong Yuen Long Bridge Street parking lot.

In a clip uploaded by the angry Netizen, Max's seven-seater car was reversed into a parking lot and nearly bumped another car coming towards the direction.

Although Ada even stepped out to apologise, the other driver was still unhappy and kept scolding the martial arts actor for his mistake.

When asked to clarify the issue, Ada said, "Our car is quite huge and parking it is not so easy. We had to drive to the opposite direction to park or the car would have hit the wall."

"I think the other driver thought that we took a lot of space, but we did that because at the time, there was no car driving towards us. It was just a misunderstanding," she said.

#798 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36960 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 01:20 AM

Ada Choi supports her children participating in protests

Wednesday October 1, 2014 Hong Kong

Source: https://my.entertain...-061000133.html

25f4kur.jpg

Ada Choi has no qualms about her children participating in protests in the future, provided that they understand the motives of their action.

According to Mingpao News, the actress, who attended the Orbis Superpower Festival recently, expressed her concern over the students who are involved in the Occupy Central protest for a fairer election.

"Students were injured by pepper sprays, and though I am not their family, my heart feel for them when seeing this," she said.

However, unlike Anthony Wong, who expressed his dissatisfaction with the police, Ada said she understands that they were only doing their job and not necessarily wanted to hurt students.

"I wish they can find a peaceful way to resolve this. Don't let people fight against each other. The chief executive should listen to what the students have to say," she said.

Asked if she would let her own children, Zoe and Shun Yee, participate in such a rally in the future, Ada replied, "As long as they know what they're doing and understand the motives of their action, and as long as it's for the purpose of justice and righteousness, I will give them my full support."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ada choi, choi siu fun, 蔡少芬

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users