AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Brigitte Lin Qing Xia (林青霞)

brigitte lin lin qing xia

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
85 replies to this topic

#41 dragonfly69uk

dragonfly69uk

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 02:30 PM

yes brigitte lin is the oldest to the old of taiwan series industry, she started young, and still forever looking young, she is the one that i mostly admire of, she deserved a medal for her career contribution , i hope she will stillhave time for back to this series business as a mother grandparent or something like that , i am sure she will still be so good.

#42 Obsidian*Gryphon

Obsidian*Gryphon

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 04:37 PM

yes brigitte lin is the oldest to the old of taiwan series industry, she started young, and still forever looking young, she is the one that i mostly admire of, she deserved a medal for her career contribution , i hope she will stillhave time for back to this series business as a mother grandparent or something like that , i am sure she will still be so good.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can't sleep so I'm wandering around like a lost soul. :unsure:

Her kids are still young so I doubt if she would do anything at the moment. And like you say, Dragonfly69uk, maybe she would do it when they're grown up.

Any project she might sign up for would have to be pretty well written and directed. The current crop of HK (wuxia/other) movies, bar 1 or 2 here and there, are pretty dismal. But with the exposure of Chinese movies globally, who can say the project would even be made in HK?

I said that because I recalled hearing a titbit from a friend or I read it somewhere that in one of the Xena Warrior Princess eps, the producers had asked BL if she would take a role but she declined.

But it's rather hard to predict whether she would or not in future. *shrug* I would be sad but it is her choice. ^_^

Btw, have you all read the book written about her? It was published in the earlier part of this year, titled : The Last Star of the East : Brigitte Lin Ching Hsia and her films, written by A. Tetsuya. Interviews on various subjects and photos. I bought the bk.

I've only recently started collecting her movies (I got bitten by the retro bug, probably due to Dae Jang Guem, I even went for Ivy Ling Po's Huangmei Opera movies :lol?: But then, I grew up on them!), a few are hard to find.

A funny thing happened last night. I forgot to follow my own rule to not eat n drink at the pc. Was watching Dreadful Melody (a BL dvd that arrived yesterday) & there was this scene of the bad guys trying to force guy with the dangerous lyre to give it to them. He screamed, "Don't force me!!" And the next scene was these whole lot of bad men blown out of the house by the sound of his voice. Sounds familiar?

The unfortunate thing was I was having a headache & downing an aspirin with coffee when the scene came up. It reminded me of the screaming landlady in Kungfu Hustle that I laughed & literally splattered the mouthful of coffee all over the pc. Talk about timing. :blink: And of course, I went to do a stupid thing like drinking coffee at midnight :duh ... and was lively as a cricket thereafter. So I had to go command a few Roman armies in RTW : Barbarian Invasion in order to get sleepy. :lol?:

Edited by Obsidian*Gryphon, 11 October 2005 - 04:38 PM.

#43 Guest_Guest_Billy_*_*

Guest_Guest_Billy_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 October 2005 - 08:16 PM

Hey Obsidian,

I really want to give you points for effort, but what are you talking about?! :duh

You are actually going to write a letter the the President of Espirit (china division)? What are you going to say? "Hi, your wife's hot, bye." :shocked:

But, uh :whistle points for effort.

#44 Guest_Guest_Peter_*_*

Guest_Guest_Peter_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 October 2005 - 08:20 PM

"Btw, have you all read the book written about her? It was published in the earlier part of this year, titled : The Last Star of the East : Brigitte Lin Ching Hsia and her films, written by A. Tetsuya. Interviews on various subjects and photos. I bought the bk."

That book is a fantastic read and i recommend to all fans of Brigitte and HK CInema. There are just so many insightful comments and so much that you learn from the interviews. It really makes you fall in love with Brigitte even more. Although the book itself is quite expensive and i heard that Brigitte at first liked it and took part in assisting the writer, but later the writer offended her or something and she would not endorse the book.

#45 Obsidian*Gryphon

Obsidian*Gryphon

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 04:29 PM

Although the book itself is quite expensive and i heard that Brigitte at first liked it and took part in assisting the writer, but later the writer offended her or something and she would not endorse the book.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's interesting. Whatever happened to cause it, I wonder (however did you get to know about it, Peter?) :blink: Oh well, but the book is certainly insightful irregardless.

You are actually going to write a letter the the President of Espirit (china division)? What are you going to say? "Hi, your wife's hot, bye."

Sorry, Billy, you're way off target. And certainly do not comprehend my sentiments.

It's very irrespectful and immature to send that kind of nonsensical msg in a letter. Due to her seclusion, there is no viable address to send her birthday greetings/wishes from her fans (who come from just about everywhere). The only workable/best suggestion put forward was to send it to Mr MY.

I've already told the others it will very likely bounce everywhere but they're willing to give it a shot anyway.

This is my one and only fanmail to her after so many years & there will be no more thereafter. That's why I'm taking the trouble to have/help the others who also would like to send their greetings.

My signature says it all.

My original subject is now closed. There will be no further responses.

Gamsahamnida.

Edited by Obsidian*Gryphon, 11 October 2005 - 04:33 PM.

#46 peterchen16453

peterchen16453

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 06:49 AM

Hey Obsidian,

I admire you for taking efforts to write to Briggite, i for one have never gone to such lengths. Although to this day, I still regard her as the greatest actress on the planet and the most beautiful woman alive, i have never been able to commit to writing down my admiration of her on pen and paper.

I have always wanted to write a letter to Brigitte Lin, but never really did so. I mean it is not that I think it would be hard to contact her, I am sure it would be possible. I have just had a really hard time putting to words my heartfelt affection and admiration for her. I mean, what could I say to her now, after she has been a star for 30 years? What can I say that she has never heard? Especially since my chinese sucks and I really cannot type in chinese all that well either.

Besides, Briggitte Lin is like camera shy nowadays. She hardly ever shows up to public events, and I heard in some newpaper article from 2002 that for her 48th birthday in, she purposely did not invite her celebritiy friends like Tsui Hark, Anita Mui and Leslie Cheung just to avoid publicity and reporters.

I really do not think she would care to recieve fanmail. Maybe if you included tips to mothering or something like that she might be interested. Because for the moment, her only commitment is being a great mother and as much as i miss Brigitte since she retired, I still respect her and adore her as much as ever.

#47 tikklles

tikklles

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 09:38 AM

i liked her in the old days...she is a great actress.....it did took her quite awhile to get to the top but she did....go Brigitte

#48 lkwan

lkwan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 08:08 PM

I think she is the most beautiful woman. I like her acting and look. I hope she will come out for a movie but i know its not possible. She is now having a happy family!

#49 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 12:59 AM

She is a great actress...But somehow, her movies are quite...messed up. I mean, she played Dong Fang Bu Bai in SWordsman II, which I have to say is quite messed up. But a great actress (and pretty one) nonetheless

#50 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 06:07 PM

i remember her from long time ago...i think i saw her movies b4....she seems pretty

#51 amidaladown

amidaladown

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 06:26 AM

she is married to the guy who owns Esprit and lives in Hong Kong

#52 lkwan

lkwan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 09:14 AM

I read a news saying that she is breaking up with her husband. It says that her husband is having an affair in shanghai! Not sure its true or rumours!

#53 Adacrazy

Adacrazy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 01:07 AM

I've watched her movies like Swordsman with Jet Li and The Bride With White Hair with Leslie Cheung, etc. I think she truly is an ancient beauty, a bit fierce but great to see. :yeah
Too bad she's not filming anymore. Well, hope she has a happy life with her family. :lol?:

Edited by Adacrazy, 09 March 2006 - 01:11 AM.

#54 Daisy Yu

Daisy Yu

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 05:36 AM

her films were great. If only she still films

#55 - i L L u S I o N z -

- i L L u S I o N z -

Lost and Confused.. Help ME

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 06:21 PM

I love her a lot .. and i collect most of her movies .. she is truly marvellous .. a timeless beauty ..

#56 lkwan

lkwan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 04:46 PM

I like watching her movies especially the one she acted as opposite sex. She is so cool ! I truly think that she is very beautiful. Sometimes i feel that kelly Chen look a little bit like her.I do agree Cecelia look like her.

Edited by tammiest, 08 October 2008 - 02:25 PM.
Double-Post in one :)

#57 albstadt

albstadt

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 03:35 PM

but if she is to start acting again,then she would b roughly 50+years old...
it would b interesting to c which character she protrays

#58 lkwan

lkwan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 04:56 PM

It seems like many people has forgotten her. Its hard to believe such a talented actress is being forget!Sob !
She is my first idol and i like her so much that i watch at least one of her movie before sleeping!! How time passes?

#59 Ragnar

Ragnar

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 11:21 AM

Still as beautiful even after married...

#60 lkwan

lkwan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 05:49 PM

Agree! She looks so cool. I heard her husband is having an affair with a shanghai lady but that was last year news.

#61 Hue87

Hue87

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 09:59 PM

oh ... that would be so great , if this rumors are true .... becuz she was one of my favourite actresses in the old days .... she is so talanted and pretty ! :dance

#62 hobowu

hobowu

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 01:28 PM

Agree!, I remember seeing her in Chunking Express... and her role was, well, should we say, a bit dodgy? But she acts with grace, and fits into any role given to her. Great actress! She's made over 100 films ^_^

#63 lkwan

lkwan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 10:41 AM

She is the role model for many new actress. She is fabulous. Pretty and has excellent acting skills.Hope she will act again!

#64 Tudor

Tudor

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 05:31 AM

Brigitte Lin is my absolute favorite Chinese actress. I especially loved her in Swordsman II...she looks great as both a man and a woman.
I'm also a fan of her classic Taiwanese films like Cloud of Romance. I really want to see her first film though...Outside the Window. She was only seventeen then.

#65 lxandra

lxandra

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 04:00 PM

Just curious abt her family....Is she married? I heard that she has a child with actor Chin Han...Is it true :wacko: :wacko:

#66 ashng88

ashng88

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 07:56 PM

i've only seen her in one movie which is with stephen chow in that comedy... other than that i have never seen her ne where else

#67 lkwan

lkwan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 01:39 PM

She is my favourite actress. I like her very much. Enjoy watching her old movie.

#68 Princess Afz

Princess Afz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 08:26 AM

Brigitte is a real beauty and a great actress.. she is very famous and popular in the past.. love her shows..

#69 Guest_Jen1113_*

Guest_Jen1113_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2007 - 09:35 AM

I've never really seen her nowadays the only time was in the old movies my mom has...does anyone know whats shes up to?

#70 DTLCT

DTLCT

Obsessed

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2812 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 10:42 PM

She is a great actress...But somehow, her movies are quite...messed up. I mean, she played Dong Fang Bu Bai in SWordsman II, which I have to say is quite messed up. But a great actress (and pretty one) nonetheless

Those are way off. Her older ones are better. Only some random ones from the 90s are good.

Used to love her in this one Chor Lau Heung movie w/ Adam Cheng. Too bad her character died in that movie.

*Note*: June 7th, 2008 - Corrected my error regarding my comment. Sorry to any who was misled by it earlier.

Edited by DTLCT, 07 June 2008 - 09:07 AM.

#71 Bluesky888

Bluesky888

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 04:50 PM

She is definetly beautiful, talent. I remember see her in Outside of Window (QY). She is so young and beautiful. I think I watch almost every of her series that she did for (QY).
Her love story with Charlies Chin, and than later with Chin Han is so touch.

Even now she still pretty at her late forty.

#72 PinkRoses

PinkRoses

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 06:43 AM

I heard her husband's unfaithful. If he is, he is an jerk who doesn't count his blessings!!! I could use more graphic words but...
And he's wife's so pretty and hot and stuff...

#73 fluffiez

fluffiez

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 11:57 AM

whoa this girl brings back memories man! my dad use to watch movies with her in it. i can't believe it's been so long now!

#74 TseWa

TseWa

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 05:43 PM

Brigitte was really a great actress. In the late 1980s/early 1990s she was one of the most popular actresses in HK and was in so many movies. Her best films were all those kungfu and wuxia movies like Zu Warriors and Dragon Inn. It would be so great if she returned to acting, but I just hope everything is ok with her family.

#75 Mike HE + Rainie

Mike HE + Rainie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 04:14 AM

Those are way off. Her older ones are better. Only some random ones from the 90s are good.

Used to love her in this one Chor Lau Heung movie w/ Adam Cheng. Too bad she died.

She's already death. I didn't know that, shouldn't it be on the headlight if she did? :unsure:

#76 DTLCT

DTLCT

Obsessed

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2812 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 09:04 AM

She's already death. I didn't know that, shouldn't it be on the headlight if she did? :unsure:

NOOOOO...Sorry, I meant her character in that Chor Lau Heung movie with Adam Cheng. Missed a word in there. LOL! Sorry for the confusion.

#77 lkwan

lkwan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 02:01 AM

Lin Chin Hsia is so beautiful. She has given birth to two daughters. Her husband is expecting a son so i think they were a little dissappointed.

#78 evodrift

evodrift

Anything@TVB

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6232 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 08:41 PM

Happy birthday to Ching Hsia :yeah

Posted Image

Posted Image

#79 CatNap

CatNap

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 12:13 AM

I was surprised when Ashes of Times was restored to learn that she was dubbed in Cantonese the first time. In Ashes of Time Redux, she speaks Mandarin. I always thought both Carina Lau and Brigitte Lin where the few Mandarin speakers in Hong Kong Entertainment that could also speak Cantonese. Am I wrong? Has Brigitte Lin always just spoken Mandarin or does she know Cantonese too?

#80 sillysullen

sillysullen

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 07:20 AM

I was surprised when Ashes of Times was restored to learn that she was dubbed in Cantonese the first time. In Ashes of Time Redux, she speaks Mandarin. I always thought both Carina Lau and Brigitte Lin where the few Mandarin speakers in Hong Kong Entertainment that could also speak Cantonese. Am I wrong? Has Brigitte Lin always just spoken Mandarin or does she know Cantonese too?

Is the movie worth watching? Heard it got alot of awards but the story is really hard to follow!!

I 've seen alot of movies with her in it!! Love all of them!!! :thumbsup