AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Brigitte Lin Qing Xia (林青霞)

brigitte lin lin qing xia

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
85 replies to this topic

#1 shellie

shellie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 04:16 PM

[attachment=602:attachment]

Brigitte Lin
Name : Lin Ching Hsia
Mandarin name : Lin Qing Xia
Cantonese name : Lam Cheng Ha
Date of Birth : November 3rd, 1954
Place of Birth : Taiwan
Graduated from : Taiwan Chingling Girls' Secondry School
Tanjiang General Education College
Chinese Zodiac : Horse
Astrological sign : Scorpio
Height : 1.68m (5'7")
Marital Status Married with kids
Movies include Swordsman II, Bride with White Hair, Handsome Siblings, Dragon Inn, & Ashes of time

I know she's retired but she was one of the best actress of all time so I just thought there should have a thread on her. I, for one, would love to read what's going on with her although I know there's not alot of news too. Thanks.

Photos from BrigitteLin.com

[attachment=603:attachment][attachment=604:attachment][attachment=605:attachment
]

Edited by Zyphere, 27 November 2005 - 06:08 PM.

#2 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 01:40 AM

I'm surprised there arn't more posts in this thread! :shock

Brigitte Lin is one of the greatest HK actresses ever, she could play such a variety of roles so well, she could do comedy, romance, action, hell, she could even play as a man confidently.

Each film i've seen Brigitte in she has been nothing but brilliant, even though she wasn't in Chungking Express for long she was the most memorable character in it imo and as Invincible Asia in Swordsman 2 she ruled! :worship

I doubt that it will ever happen but i'd love to see Brigitte come out of retirement what with Charlie Yeung Choi Nay returning to HK film.

#3 scooper

scooper

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 08:10 PM

She is one of only few actresses that I truly like...I'm not sure if she can still do what she did in the martial arts movies...maybe she can take on some other role...hehe...

#4 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 05:21 AM

I love all her KungFu movies and most of them. She can act both as a guy or a girl in her movies...the best Kungfu movies act by her that i've watch was Swordsman 2 & The East is Red

#5 wuxiaaddict

wuxiaaddict

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 07:27 PM

I totally love Bridgette. She's is so talented and beautiful. I had watch almost all of her movies that were made in the late 80s and 90s. My favorite is The White Hair Bride. She was sooooo good with Leslie Cheung. If I was Leslie, I probably got a hard on touching her like that, but he's gay, so never mind.

#6 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 05:39 AM

I've seen Brigitte Lin in her earliest movies by Qiong Yao and she's so pretty! No wonder hong kong used to call her the world's top beauty..or something like that..hehe.. :worship

#7 shellie

shellie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 11:48 PM

I totally love Bridgette. She's is so talented and beautiful. I had watch almost all of her movies that were made in the late 80s and 90s. My favorite is The White Hair Bride. She was sooooo good with Leslie Cheung. If I was Leslie, I probably got a hard on touching her like that, but he's gay, so never mind.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i read somewhere that since brigitte's not so comfortable filming scenes like that, she did it becaues leslie was a friend and that they would have to do it in one shot. i thought it was beautiful...lol

brigitte is truly one of the most remarkable actress of the last 3 decades, more so in the 70's and 90's than anything else, imo. i love all her movies and enjoyed seeing her in films. she's awesome but to mention totally a one of a kind beauty.

and yes, i'm wishing she'll come out of retirement too but if she's happy, that's alright. :)

#8 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 04:51 AM

i read somewhere that since brigitte's not so comfortable filming scenes like that, she did it becaues leslie was a friend and that they would have to do it in one shot. i thought it was beautiful...lol

brigitte is truly one of the most remarkable actress of the last 3 decades, more so in the 70's and 90's than anything else, imo. i love all her movies and enjoyed seeing her in films. she's awesome but to mention totally a one of a kind beauty.

and yes, i'm wishing she'll come out of retirement too but if she's happy, that's alright. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah I agree. She is one of those actresses whom you will not be sick of looking at.

Hey! Some respect for the dead please. B)

Too bad Lin is left on the shelf. Does this always happen to people whom you think
are really good???

#9 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 11:28 AM

I LOVE her, and I LOVE her movies!!! she's so far one of my favourite actresses of all time!!

#10 kca

kca

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 03:02 AM

She already retired.
I think it's wrong placed here, she's more Taiwanese star than HK star....

Last thing i heard year ago, her husband is in charge (or the owner) for Esprit asia. Forgot the details though...

#11 shellie

shellie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 02:28 AM

Yeah I agree.  She is one of those actresses whom you will not be sick of looking at.

Hey!  Some respect for the dead please.    B)

Too bad Lin is left on the shelf.  Does this always happen to people whom you think
are really good???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:shock don't get me wrong. i loved leslie but watching the movie, you wouldn't think right off that the scene was taken in one shot. it looks so beautiful. :)

brigitte's got a family now, so i personally don't think she'll be coming back into the spotlight. she has two daughters and if it was me, i wouldn't anywase. :)

i actually wanted to see jet li and brigitte in another role opposite each other, but i guess not.

#12 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 07:46 PM

We need more love for her here. She's a brilliant actor! Let us all support her by buying Esprit Clothings!

#13 shellie

shellie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 25 December 2004 - 06:22 AM

We need more love for her here.  She's a brilliant actor!  Let us all support her by buying Esprit Clothings!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

is that the name of her husband's clothing company? is it espirit or esprit?

#14 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 10:58 AM

she is really good actor her movies based on histori about 900 years ago most of them

#15 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 10:25 AM

that means that she is 50 years old this year.....but i like almost all her kungfu movies

#16 shellie

shellie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 07:16 PM

woh, who is she?  she face can be very scarely.  she is from virtual hormony i think.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes, her face can be very fierce but that makes her character all the much better, especially in the gender changing roles she'd played. :D as for being in virtual hormony, i do not think she was in there. do you mean the series? someone correct me if i'm wrong about this.

on a side note, i attached some images (uploaded them and then attached them, but it's not showing up?), some help?

#17 wuxiagurl

wuxiagurl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 08:42 AM

i have always wanted to see what she looks like when she was young, cause i've always heard that she was exceptionally beautiful. but all the movies i've seen her in are when she was older and always playing those gender bending roles that i think is not very attractive. i still haven't seen what is so great about her. which movie is her best, maybe i should just watch it.

#18 dakdikduk

dakdikduk

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 02:46 PM

well she is my fav ... before getting married ...
her acting is good and still pretty even if she is in her mid age..
somelike like her existance is rare...

#19 iliketomatoes

iliketomatoes

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 05:52 AM

i really miss her...i wish she would come out of retirement. she really is/was one of the best Chinese actresses in film history

#20 kmingy

kmingy

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1895 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 01:03 PM

she really has d aura and elegance esp when playing ancient kungfu roles. she looks even more powerful in men's suits. lol. i think she's a great sport willing to act as d guy during her era. *thumbs up*

#21 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 06:44 PM

i miss her too... but it's impossible for her to come back

#22 330d

330d

Catch you if you Spam

• Forum Crew
  • 18517 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 07:56 PM

Actually I didn't watch so many movies from her. But I have many old movies at home, also her first one (translated: Outside the Window). I only can say she is a beautiful woman. Can't say about her acting. But when is played Dong Fong Butt Bye, she is really good and unforgetable.
But I saw pics of her couple of years ago. Don't know why she married to that man! (he is rich yeah... but...) Really beauty and the beast.. Anyway, I don't want to see her comeback or pics from her. She is getting old and let me think she is the most beautiful actress in my mind.

#23 tipsy

tipsy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 11:36 AM

is she married to Jackie Chan? that's what I thought right?

#24 u34ew

u34ew

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 02:08 PM

Two of my fav films are Bride with White Hair and Royal Tramp. Both of them starred Bridgette lin and she is really beautiful in em

#25 330d

330d

Catch you if you Spam

• Forum Crew
  • 18517 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 05:16 PM

No Jackie's wife is 林鳳嬌 (Lam Fung Kiw)

Brigitte has for years an affaire with Chun Hon, finally she married to the boss of Esprit
Top 50 richest man in HK...

林青霞老公晉升香港五十大富豪

本報訊 林青霞雖然遭遇母親墜樓離世,卻是“命中旺夫”的超級幸運星。在一片經濟不景氣當中,林青霞的老公邢李火原晉升香港五十大富豪,身家足足71億港幣。邢李火原的生意越做越大。50歲出頭的邢李火原,原本只是Esprit香港分公司的員工,1990年輾轉入股Esprit美國公司,1993年與人生伴侶林青霞相遇,談了戀愛的邢李火原心情大好,隔年將Esprit的業務擴展全亞洲。

#26 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 12:00 AM

who remembers asia the invincible played by brigitte lin? why? why did you leave brigitte? now i'm stuck with horrible actors and singers! :crying: whyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
anyway, back on topic. for those people who haven't seen swordsman 2(a.k.a legend of the swordsman <--- disney dubbed the poor movie and now- :buahaha )

here are some pics from www.brigittelin.com of asia the invincible from the swordsman 2 movie:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image<--- the guy with the big hat is jet li
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image<--- doesn't she look cool?
Posted Image<--- she's so pretty!
Posted Image<---the guy holding brigitte is jet li(again)

there are many more out there but i'm too lazy to do anything :xiao1:
i also heard that there's a swordsman 2 pc game! :yay: i don't know how to get it so don't ask me about anything. i tell ya if i ever find something.

here's the cover of a pc game for handsome siblings (a bit off topic, but it's still about brigitte lin!)
Posted Image<--- doesn't the drawing rock?!?!?

#27 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 02:37 AM

Yah! i love her movie, she is so cool....... man, would't be seeing her doing any movie liau :(

wah izzit they do have the game now ha ha ha ha ha must go and check it out lah!

<span class='edit'>This post has been edited by elle: Today, 03:40 AM</span>

Edited by elle, 23 July 2005 - 02:41 AM.

#28 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 01:57 PM

I love all her KungFu movies and most of them. She can act both as a guy or a girl in her movies...the best Kungfu movies act by her that i've watch was Swordsman 2 & The East is Red

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think she did well in The East is Red.

#29 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 05:10 PM

I like all her ancient movies. My favourite one is Swordman 2.Nowadays is hard to get her movies. I hope she will comeback but i know its impossible. :down

#30 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 11:50 PM

:yeah She's awesome :yeah

She doesnt look young at all... O welll she still look good in her age...

#31 peterchen16453

peterchen16453

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 12:08 AM

<_< WIth the current Hong Kong movie industry in the condition that it is in now, there is absolutely no chance that Brigitte will ever come out of retirement. She retired in 1994 shortly after making Wong Kar Wai's ASHES OF TIME and she got married and retired unofficially. Back in the Day, Brigitte did not refer to it as retirement and she said that there might be a chance for her to make more movies if she had a good script. That has yet to happen and with the exception of a slight narration in 1998 of Bishonen (starring Shu Qi, Stephen Fung and Danial Wu) Brigitte has not done much for the Hong kong Cinema.
:iloveyou: Although I love Brigitte Lin in all her movies, especially earlier flicks like Police Story, Zu: The Warriors from the Magic Mountain, and Peking Opera Blues, I would not really call her retirement such a bad thing for her. She has been in the industry working very hard for over twently years and she was almost 40 year old when she retired. Not to mention she did marry a rich guy and was having a child.
clapclap I really admire her for being able to give up her fame and fortune while she was in her prime and still the rave of all of Asia, so that she could start a family. Although she was the most popular actress at the time, she still decide to stay at home and spend her time with her family

<span class='edit'>This post has been edited by peterchen16453: Aug 25 2005 1 13 AM</span>

Edited by peterchen16453, 09 October 2005 - 10:44 PM.

#32 wuxiaaddict

wuxiaaddict

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 06:34 AM

Bridgette is a timeless actress. She's not the most beautiful woman but the more you look at her the more beautiful she gets. She has the simple timeless beauty that most women had tried to achieve throughout their whole lives. The Golden era of HK cinema of the 90s is gone. We might see things turn around maybe in the next few decades but I really don't see any as of now. But like everything else, eras come and go and it seemed at this rate, the Koreans are slaughtering the hk cinema.

#33 Hem

Hem

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 11:09 AM

Once an actress always an actress, she will come back even if she's 60 years old. It's difficult to forget for an person like her, the feeling when you're are on the stage.

#34 Guest_Guest_Billy_*_*

Guest_Guest_Billy_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2005 - 10:51 AM

Brigitte has been part of the entertainment world for over 20 years and she has played just about any and all kind of characters possible. There really is not much room for her to do much more, and she has done all that she could do and done it so well that decades later people still love and cherish her. Although Brigitte was my favorite and shall forever be my favorite actress I really do not think she will make a comeback nor should she have too. Although I really miss Brigitte's charisma and presence onscreen, I would rather watch her old movies and cherish her performance from then, and also cherish the memory of Brigitte in her prime. :iloveyou:
Now that Briggite is happily married, wealthy, the mother of two children, and around 50 years old, there is really little to no possibility of her returning to Hong Kong Cinema.
Although I was deeply saddened that she retired as soon as she did in 1994, i am happy that she has lead a good happy life after her carreer ended.

I simply wish her a long and happy life, and thank God for creating a goddess like Brigitte to have brought so much joy to audiences around the world.

#35 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 06:04 PM

Cecilia Cheung and her look alike.

#36 hlac

hlac

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1724 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 10:41 PM

Lam Ching Ha, she is a beautiful woman, her acting is great, love to watch her in most her movies. She looks really good for her age, find her very attractive. Hope she plays a role or two for tvb series.

#37 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 05:21 PM

she played in tvb series b4?
which ones i don't recall seeing her?

#38 Guest_Guest_Bob_*_*

Guest_Guest_Bob_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2005 - 10:26 PM

Brigitte has actually been in a lot of tv series early in her career though not necessarily TVB. Before she was the queen of HK cinema in the 90's she was already very popular in the early 70's and early 80's for her roles in tawianese tv series and movies.

But, Brigitte's pre-HK films back then were mostly weepy, sad melodramas and nothing like the gender-blender or fantasy characters she would play in the 90's. During the 1970's she performed in a large number of sudsy/weepy little dramas that have a little bit of comedy, some smaltzy music (which I must admit to having developed a weakness for), human drama and often a fair share of heartbreak. On some occasions all ends on a bleak tragic note, while at other times all the issues of love are resolved for a happy ever after ending. I think the audience for these films was likely lonely housewives and adolescent girls – who would sit in the dark theaters and cry their eyes out whenever Brigitte would have her heart broken yet once again.

#39 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 06:42 PM

English name: Brigitte Lin
Mandarin Name:Lin,Qing Xia
Place of birth:Taiwan
Birth date:3/11/1954

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#40 Obsidian*Gryphon

Obsidian*Gryphon

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 01:14 PM

But, Brigitte's pre-HK films back then were mostly weepy, sad melodramas and nothing like the gender-blender or fantasy characters she would play in the 90's.  During the 1970's she performed in a large number of sudsy/weepy little dramas that have a little bit of comedy, some smaltzy music (which I must admit to having developed a weakness for), human drama and often a fair share of heartbreak. On some occasions all ends on a bleak tragic note, while at other times all the issues of love are resolved for a happy ever after ending. I think the audience for these films was likely lonely housewives and adolescent girls – who would sit in the dark theaters and cry their eyes out whenever Brigitte would have her heart broken yet once again.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I remember those. As a child, anything goes. :lol?:

But if you ask me to watch them now, I wouldn't because they're not up my alley. :lol?: Weepy & soppy shows/soaps (why why do they call them soaps???) are not my cup of tea.

I only like & collect the movies (non romance) she acted in. Come to think of it, they're mostly wuxia with a few that's not.

And she was ill-used in one of them. Which one was that? The Three Swordsmen. I was wondering what the heck was going on when I watched that. It was a mess from beginning to the end. The blooming premise sounded good but the director lost the plot. Plot holes everywhere, bad jumpy sequences, lighting & editing. And she didn't do much except to speak a few lines, looked serious, puzzled, contemptuous, angry, worried & stood around! I found myself looking for her in the background, half wondering if she was shaking a leg or something. Luan zao zao.

She should have done this to the director -----> :noclue <------ Brigitte Lin

Or this ----> Posted Image

:lol?:

Edited by Obsidian*Gryphon, 04 October 2005 - 01:34 PM.