Blood Type: O
Clothing Size: Large
Family: Mother, 2 older sisters, 2 younger sisters
Person Admired Most: Mother
Education: Graduated from Hong Kong Academy of Performing Arts in 1990
Started In: 1990 for ATV
Presently In: TVB (since 1994)
Languages: Cantonese, Mandarin, English
Hobbies: Ball Games, Cycling, Gardening, Jogging, Reading, Singing, and Swimming

FAVORITES
Favorite Colors: White, Blue, Red
Favorite Clothing: Anything comfortable
Favorite Actor: Donald Chow Yun Fat, Adam Cheng
Favorite Singer: Leslie Cheung
Favorite Place: Home, Nature
Favorite Subject: Math
Favorite Season: Autumn
Favorite Facial Expression: Smile
Favorite Animal: Dog, Horse
Favorite Food: Fruits
Least Favorite Subject: Biology
Least Favorite Food: Sour Stuff

Edited by Zyphere, 26 November 2005 - 12:02 AM.

#2 MiracleHope

MiracleHope

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 01:28 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

[Oriental Daily, Ta Kung Pao & The Sun]

Jessica Hsuan, Sunny Chan, Patrick Tang and Dave Wang were among the cast members gathered at TVB City yesterday for the costume fitting of new series "My Wife, Your Honour". Jessica reveals that when she and Sunny worked together on "Secret of the Heart", he had promised her that if no-one wanted her, he would marry her, but when Jessica found out that he was already married, she was devastated and joked that if no-one wants her in the future, she would have to be Sunny's mistress.

Jessica plays a judge in the new show and responding to the comments that TVB had tailor made this show for her in order to keep her on their books, Jessica denies this, but pledges to treasure this opportunity she has been given, because TVB rarely makes shows that have the female as the central lead.

In the series, Jessica and Sunny have a baby and at the event, Sunny would not let go of the baby actor, constantly telling the baby to call him 'Daddy' and attracting jokes that he is extremely broody. Sunny admits that he has been busy making babies with his wife, but as he will be filming, this will be put back by a few months.

Also, Patrick denies rumours that he has been actively flirting with Bobo Chan, saying that you don't need to flirt with friends, just communicate and whenever he goes out with Bobo, his girlfriend Marsha Yuen is well aware of it, so their relationship is not affected at all. He will not allow this to affect his friendship with Bobo either, praising her for being pretty and direct. As their experience in the music industry are similar in that they are struggling, then they feel a connection and can talk to each other, but she has not mentioned anything about her split with Edison Chen.

After over ten years away from TVB series, Dave Wang was back in TVB for discussions about the show yesterday and he indicates that he is back after his old friend Tommy Leung offered the invitation and he jumped at the chance to return a favour to him.

Dave says: "I have not filmed any TVB series for over ten years and although I made a telemovie earlier, this is the first time I have played a judge. My character is very stubborn but honest and is even a little amusing, with scenes from beginning to end." As for whether Dave will be singing the theme song, he says that this will be down to his record company to arrange and his salary is okay. When asked how much 'okay' was, he says: "Usually for singers to film in TVB series, the fee is a few hundred dollars an episode, but not for me. You would not get me for a few hundred dollars, but we all know that filming for TVB will not earn you as much as the companies elsewhere." Although Dave indicates he is back purely on the grounds of doing Tommy a favour, there are still rumours that the real reason he is back is that there are not as many opportunities outside. He says: "All I have to do is agree and there will be plenty of opportunities for me. In any case, I am happy to work with Jessica and Sunny and I have made arrangements with Tommy that I will have enough time to rest."

Dave reveals that his asthma was very bad in March and April and the medication left him bloated and swollen. Now the hard times are past and he will not let himself be so swollen any more. However, he is worried that filming another series will affect his voice, so he has been looking after himself. He will also be appearing in many of his own suits in the show.

http://orientaldaily...ent_a10cnt.html
http://www.takungpao...7/UL-291203.htm
http://the-sun.com.h...11001_0003.html

Credits to http://www.tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/

#3 MiracleHope

MiracleHope

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 01:16 AM

Posted Image

[Ta Kung Pao 19/08/04]

Jessica Hsuan and Sunny Chan were filming in Woo Kai Sha yesterday on location for new series "My Wife, Your Honour" and as the weather was extremely hot, whenever she had a break, Jessica was cooling off with her little fan and drinking lots of water. Luckily her great co-star Sunny is very optimistic and often makes the atmosphere very relaxed and comfortable.

Yesterday was also Jessica's birthday and she was asked how she would celebrate after work. She smiled: "I have to work until 3am today before I finish, so I can only celebrate with the crew. In truth, birthdays and festivals do not have much significance. I just want to work more and save some water (money) because I have sweated a lot today. (Will you be making up the celebration later?) I have already had meals with my fans, my boyfriend and my friends and I received a lot of calls today. (What did your boyfriend get you?) I will not say. (Did he give you a surprise?) The surprise was I did not know what it was."

As for her birthday wish, Jessica says: "I wish for good health because it has been twelve years since I entered the industry and my health is getting worse by the year and I have to pay attention to this, so I have now reduced my late night working because not getting enough rest is bad for health, but the work keeps coming in. (why don't you get married sooner then you don't have to work?) No, I love my work, so if I don't work I will become ill and I have just extended my contract with the company. (Do you hope to take the best actress award again?) Actually I am already happy at achieving this award before, so I will not wish for anything because awards are all about being the right person in the right place at the right time and I will not focus my attentions on awards, just on whether I am happy during the filming process."

Also, Jessica has injured the bottom of her spine during filming recently and when asked how she was, she says: "After an X-ray, it showed that there were no fractures, but I have a friends who has had the same injry and at first the X-ray showed it was fine, but it only started to hurt five days later when the MRI scan showed that there was in fact a fracture, so I will be careful over the next few days and not move around too much, but I should be okay. (You are wearing three inch heels for today's shoot, are you not worried this will affect your injury?) I can't help it, my role needs it."

http://www.takungpao...9/UL-295607.htm

Credits to http://www.tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/

#4 AutumnTears

AutumnTears

. x3 yoo .

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1798 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 03:07 AM

Posted Image
[Oriental Daily & The Sun 08/09/04]

TVB's new series "My Wife, Your Honour" was filming yesterday in Woo Kai Sha for a scene where Sunny Chan's character suspects his wife Jessica Hsuan is being unfaithful to him, so he follows her, but in the end she spots him and causes him to become injured, needing hospital treatment. In real life, Jessica says that she does not like her partner to be overly jealous: "I don't mind my boyfriend going for meals with other female friends because I have trust in him, so if my boyfriend was overly jealous, then I would be angry. Would I be unfaithful? Of course not. I take my hat off to people who two-time because I would not have the time or energy to date two people at once, so it is better to be faithful." Talking of the recent terror attacks in Russia, it makes Jessica wonder if she should have children of her own.

Also, Jessica reveals that after shooting ends for this show in October, the hopes to be able to rest and go diving. She says: "I am currently negotiating three series from China, Taiwan and Singapore, but this year my health has really deteriorated and I am worried that I will be unable to cope. Moreover, each time I work in the Mainland, I come down with gastroenteritis, so after this series, I would like to take some rest first."

http://orientaldaily...ent_a14cnt.html
http://the-sun.com.h...03201_0003.html
Credits to Em - http://www.tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/

Edited by AutumnTears, 08 September 2004 - 03:07 AM.

#5 AutumnTears

AutumnTears

. x3 yoo .

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1798 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 11:29 PM

Posted Image
[Ta Kung Pao, Oriental Daily & The Sun 10/09/04]

Jessica Hsuan, Sunny Chan and last year's "Miss Talent" Selena Li were filming on location at the Kowloon City Courts. However, Selena had quite a lot of NG's [bad takes], causing co-star Jessica to have to re-take too. Luckily Jessica was not upset by this and afterwards, Selena said: "I have not had that many NG's this time, earlier when I was filming a court defence scene, there were even more because the lines were so long." Selena admits that she was rather nervous yesterday because Jessica is an artiste whom she admires a lot for her beauty and intelligence and this put some pressure on Selena. Fortunately, Jessica is very friendly and does not have an attitude. Not only does she chat and laugh, she also gives Selena tips on her performance, so to be able to work with Jessica makes Selena feel very happy.

When Jessica heard that Selena was full of praises for her, she laughed: "I am okay! I just do what I can do and this is nothing major, when I first entered the industry, I reecived a lot of advice from my predecessors, such as Alex Man, who reminded me that even if I was extremely ill, I should still go into work and not call in because this has a big effect on everyone else." Jessica also says that she has been in the industry for over ten years so if she can help others, then she will. Sunny Chan accidentally stood on Jessica during the filming, but she says she will not be mad at him. She adds that Sunny Chan works hard to make everyone happy and he is the spiritual support for the show.

http://www.takungpao...0/UL-303946.htm
http://the-sun.com.h...12126_0003.html
http://orientaldaily...ent_a10cnt.html
Credits to Em - http://www.tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/

#6 wongs2

wongs2

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 09:42 AM

Just finished watching Placebo Cure and I must say Sunny's performance was very good, because despite his character being so serious, Sunny still made his character quite funny at the same times as well.

#7 kyokofukada8888

kyokofukada8888

.l. (-_-) .l.

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 07:42 AM

he left tvb before?

before i thought he was only an ok actor
but after watching him in Placebo Cure i started to liek his acting
i loved his role in there he was the best clapclap

#8 tse_yu

tse_yu

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 05:10 AM

does anyone have a picture of sunny's wife??

#9 Kaney

Kaney

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 06:23 PM

oh..who is his wife? by the way, he has improved so much i'm pretty amazed! he's good..really a good actor now, after he left and returned!

#10 Gojita

Gojita

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 05:43 PM

Wow!! I can't wait to watch his new serie with Jessica!!! I haven't seen him for a while!! and he is soo cute! Holding onto the bb to make it call him Dad!! =)
I admire Sunny because not only does he act great but he also has a business! He is friendly and nice to everyone!!!!!

#11 cheung139

cheung139

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 01:23 AM

He isn't famous as he used to be..... Back in the olden days, he had good series, ATE, Secret of the Heart, DIV4........
Hope he gets to act in a good series! :)

#12 cherry699

cherry699

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 11:30 AM

Attention: Sydney siders!

Sunny Chan (and Bernice Liu) will be at Darling Harbour (at the park) on Saturday 11 June 2005. The carnival starts from 11-4pm. Be there for some games, prizes and entertainment.

#13 Twins_joey

Twins_joey

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 12:18 PM

i'm going tomorrow!! its gonna be really good!!... hope to get his signature and bernice liu's!!

#14 Guest_pandy_*

Guest_pandy_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2005 - 01:14 PM

to Twins_joey .. did you really get the chance to meet them ? and get their signature ? :yeah that would be really cool ,, and make me veryy jealous .. <_< but okay! sunny chan is such an good actor! i like to see more series of him with Jessica! :lol?:

#15 Guests

• Guests

Posted 24 June 2005 - 11:48 AM

[News]

TVB series "Just Love" aired its finale earlier and Sunny Chan kept to his word and organised a meal at his restaurant for the cast and crew, attended by co-stars including Fiona Yuen, Chan Hoi Yee and Lo Hoi Pang and producer Chong Wai Kin. Jessica Hsuan and Dave Wang were absent and were not able to try Sunny's signature fish dish called "One Night Stand".

Although Sunny's screen wife Jessica could not take part, his real-life wife Ada To was there to offer support and she has been rounding up support for her husband with friends and family to try and shake his 'little man' image from the show. However, the thrifty boss values of Sunny were shown on the night as there was a distinct lack of sharks fin on the menu and the total cost not more than $3000 a table.

Posted Image

#16 deepfan

deepfan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 12:03 PM

i like sunny esp in DIF4 hehe he was cute with charmaine in there..im glad he came bk again...i really wanna watch placebo cure...with joyce tang and kevin cheng..anyone know if it is good?

#17 Hoai_Niem

Hoai_Niem

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 01:12 PM

Is this New Series Just Love i think......is it good....should i hire it..?
and whoz baby in this series? sorry if this question has been answered...

Edited by Hoai_Niem, 22 August 2005 - 01:15 PM.

#18 caitsai

caitsai

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 06:58 AM

I have the chance to see him in Paris. He is very nice and his laugh is so funny too.
I love the way he is.

#19 troja

troja

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 04:51 AM

his is a great actor but i unlike he playing with the tvseries my wife,i hate the little man.

#20 deepfan

deepfan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 01:26 PM

i wonder why he came bk to TVb to act? doesnt he have a restaurant...i thiught he was just gonna continue to be a business man..but anyways im glad hes back. how did he start TVB i just remmeebr him in the new shanghai thingy series..sorry forgotten the nam...in like 1996 thats about it

#21 edisonraylam

edisonraylam

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4226 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 04:01 AM

He was pretty good in Just Love. He seems like the hen pecked type of guys who always listens to the wife.

#22 forever_autumn

forever_autumn

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4191 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 04:37 AM

I'm starting to really like Sunny now, he's quite a good actor :) hehe, I remember him from Flying Fox of the Snowy Mountain and DIF IV.. I liked both series! especially DIF, but didn't quite like his character there. wanted him to be with San San :lol:

anyways, recently saw Just Love and he's really good in there =) hehe, his character is so cute! I can't wait until Turbulent Times of a Beauty comes out. xD

#23 chibimarukochan

chibimarukochan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 11:15 PM

aww he's so cute but dopey in "Secret of the Heart" and "The Flying Fox of the Snowy Mountain." He's so cool in "Once Upon a time in Shanghai" and "Detective Investigation Files 4." ^_^
Sunny is so funny and cute in interviews too. :)

#24 cocherrie

cocherrie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 03:39 PM

oh i like sunny chan ever since! even before he left tvb for atv! love him in once upon a time in shanghai, dif4, and placebo cure! however, i don't like him in sissy roles like in just love and strike at heart. i miss the macho sunny! in ate, though evil, i also like him there :P his transition from super good to super evil is very well done. and i truly pitied him there :crying:

Edited by cocherrie, 01 October 2005 - 03:54 PM.

#25 dee-lush

dee-lush

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3945 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 11:19 AM

Posted Image

Sunny and Melissa play lovers in new TVB series

TVB's new series, To Guarantee Love, has had its costume fitting. Sunny Chan says he will profit from this series a lot. He will not only profit from the money he will earn but he will be able to love non-stop. In a period of two months, he will be able to ‘steal' Melissa Ng's heart. Sunny and Melissa play lovers in this series.

Sunny said jokingly, “During filming time, I will be thinking about the good things about Melissa and love her. But after filming, I will think about the bad things about her and forget this love relationship! This is because I am a very emotional person and can easily get myself into ‘trouble'. I need to develop more instincts to prevent people hurting me!”

Melissa is also very happy to work with Sunny because Sunny is an owner of a restaurant. Melissa said jokingly now she can have two months worth of yummy free food!

- translated by angelic_eyes25 @ http://asianfanatics.net/forum

#26 cheryltan

cheryltan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 04:12 PM

Sunny owns a restaurant? Is the restaurant still in business now that he's back in TVB?
I enjoy watching him in Just Love, great acting!

#27 lkwan

lkwan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 01:06 PM

I think Sunny Chan is like ice cold for quite some time. I didn't see his series and there isn't any movie acted by him. So is he retired or he is taking a long holiday?

#28 weirdo_happy

weirdo_happy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 03:30 AM

sunny chan rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!love all his roles esp in DIV4.that is the coolest character.wonder y he is not given bigger roles like it used to?that is such a waste.i always thinks that he is a very good actor.

#29 halcyon_days

halcyon_days

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1878 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 01:57 AM

Sunny is so cute :D expecialy with his glassees on:) really good actor.. i really hope he makes it into the top 5 actors this year..

like i think his acting is just as good as moses and better than joe ma.. so why can't sunny get the credit too?

#30 bebe2019

bebe2019

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2955 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 06:46 PM

Sunny is still hot! I've been watching "war and Destiny" and his acting is still very good! I truly recommend people to watch it, it is very good and worth watching

#31 Moon Blue

Moon Blue

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 08:35 AM

I think the last time I saw Sunny in a series was almost 10 years ago??? >____<

Watching "Love Guaranteed" right now and Sunny's too awesome. He's such a fine actor I wish TVB would give him more lead roles.

#32 bebe2019

bebe2019

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2955 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 03:43 AM

Sunny is an awesome actor!! I am starting to like his acting even more than before. I can't wait to see more of his series!

#33 Joann

Joann

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 01:41 PM

i relli like sunny im watching war and destiny and love guarenteed hes relli good in those two series. and he is good looking

#34 luv_able_1

luv_able_1

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 08:57 AM

sunny is awesome !! he`s such a versatile actor. too bad he`s not that popular anymore .. ): well anyways , i love sunny !!

#35 tinley

tinley

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 06:02 PM

I LOVE SUNNY SO MUCH
does someone know some forum of website of sunny?? (new website namely there is activity in it, becoz the few web sites i know , there are no body updated

#36 Joann

Joann

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 04:35 AM

he's so good in war and destiny i relli like sunny he's so cool. i relli like him in war and destiny.

#37 xibi

xibi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 05:12 AM

Sunny protrayed his character v well in War n Destiny.
Really make it v outstanding..
he getting more and more better now.

#38 Joann

Joann

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 12:33 PM

Sunny deserves alot for he's great acting.
i agree with xibi sunny did he's character and portrayed it very well in war and destiny. i relli like sunny hes not very popular but i still like him. and he should get credit or and award for he's great acting because hes a great actor. i hope that he gets the best male actor for 2006 this year. i should of went to his autograph session when he came i really regret it now because i didnt really notice him or like him before. i really think that he did extremely well in war and destiny and his chemistry with Myolie was amazing.
Sunnolie all the way!!
I really think that sunny is really cute and hes good looking aswell. i really liked his acting in war and destiny it was really different from his previous roles. he is also did very good in Love guaranteed because i think that he really connected with Melissa and they also had great chemistry.
I think that Sunny has great chemistry with all the female actresses that he acts with like in Just Love he was great with Jessica and hes acting was also very good because he portrays hes characters really well.
I really hope that Sunny gets that award this year or at least get nominated because he is a awesome actor!
Sunny was great in War and Destiny and he was relli good because hes portrayed hes character so well and it was really pure.
Poon Sai Cheung all the way!!

#39 gurlygal

gurlygal

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 08:44 AM

I like him in Detective Investigation Files 4....He was so protective and loving towards his gf.... Love his steady and calm character .. he looked real good looking in that show too.. :)

Posted Image

Edited by gurlygal, 23 October 2006 - 08:51 AM.

#40 Guest_Sport3888_*

Guest_Sport3888_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2006 - 01:47 AM

I like him in Detective Investigation Files 4....He was so protective and loving towards his gf.... Love his steady and calm character .. he looked real good looking in that show too.. :)

http://i4.photobucke.../gurlygal/5.jpg

OMG so true, he looked so much more handsome in there. He looks slimmer and seems to be slowly getting back his old handsome face in that ancient series with Linda and Benny. I saw some parts of him in Linda's MV since she sings the subsong to the series. Can't wait for Sunny's performance, his expression are just so cute and awesome and natural from the parts I've seen of him in that MV. Can't wait to see it. Hopefully TVB isn't planning on shelfing it and not airing it. I think they should give Sunny cool and heroic characters again, seriously ever since he came back to TVB, they've been mostly giving him weak role to act in. I remember how he mostly play serious roles in drama series before he left them. Wish they would give him those serious and much more handsome and memorable roles again. Yea I think what Sunny needs is to get more fit and muscular just lik ehe use to and to slim down his face that way he'd look younger and better. He also needs to lose those glasses, they make him look so much older and plus he looks better without them.

Edited by mv_288, 03 May 2008 - 11:51 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sunny chan, chan kam hung

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users