AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Go Hyun Jung (고현정)

go hyun jung

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 man13dy

man13dy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 02:46 PM

Date of Birth: March 2nd, 1971
Stats: 172 cm, 50 kg
School: Dongkuk University
Family: divorced, 1 son & 1 daughter
Dramas:
Love On A Jujube Tree (KBS, 1990)
Eye of Dawn (MBC, 1991)
My Mother's Sea (MBC, 1992)
A Love Without Fear (SBS, 1992)
Farewell (SBS, 1994)
The Sandglass (SBS, 1995)
A Spring Day (SBS, 2005)
Awards:
1989 Miss Korea runner-up
1992 Baeksang Award for Best New Actress (The Date Tree Has Caught Love)
1994 Baeksang Nominee for Best Actress (My Mother's Sea)
1995 Baeksang Nominee for Best Actress (Sandglass)
2000 SBS Big Star Award

Go Hyun-jeong Poised for Belated Big-Screen Debut

April 17, 2006

Goh Hyun-jeong, still aglow from her comeback on SBS drama “Spring Days” last year after ending her marriage, is now set to make her debut on the big screen 10 years after she started acting.

Goh on Monday announced the production of the film “A Woman on the Beach” by Hong Sang-soo. Having started shooting last Friday and scheduled for a September release, the film evolves around two women and two men in their 30s who meet on the beach and try in their own way to make advances to each other.

Goh plays a jobless woman who studied film music in Germany. Kim Seung-woo, Kim Tae-woo and Song Seon-mi co-star.

All four decided to act in the film although they had not read the script since director Hong is famous for shooting without a finished screenplay, handing out the parts needed for shooting on the day. Goh also agreed to be in the film for a mere 10 percent of what she can expect to earn. There must be pretty good reasons, since she had turned down a dozen other movie offers.

“I did not make a big decision,” Goh said. “I just appreciated and accepted the offer to be in the movie because I am a fan of director Hong.”

Asked if she is worried about doing nude scenes after establishing a “pure” image in her TV work, she says, “I'm a little scared just to think of that. I don't know what the director thinks about it, but even if he wants it, I may disagree,” she said. “But if it is truly necessary for the movie, I think as an actress making her first appearance on the big screen I can't refuse to show my body, even if I wanted to maintain my image.”

She also confessed to being “very afraid” since it is her debut movie. “I also feel very nervous seeing how high people's expectations for me are since I'm not exactly a beginner. I feel like someone is telling me to stop keeping a diary in drawings from now on and start writing it in my own words instead.”

Source: Digital Chosunilbo @ http://english.chosu...0604170020.html

Edited by love*knots, 03 November 2006 - 08:15 AM.

#2 hoteggroll

hoteggroll

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 03:14 AM

I really like her performance in Spring Days. I think her pairing with JJH is nice. And BOY! Can she CRY! Now I want to see her other drama Sand Glass.

#3 man13dy

man13dy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 02:54 PM

Goh Hyung-jeon: More at Ease in Her 30s

August 18, 2006

Goh Hyun-jeong is to make her big screen debut 16 years after she started acting. The film, “A Woman on the Beach” directed by Hong Sang-soo, goes on release on Aug. 31. Goh told the Chosun Ilbo her thoughts about her life and craft.

This is your first appearance on the big screen since you made your debut in 1989.

Many people around me warned me that acting in a movie is different from a TV drama, but I didn't really see the difference. But after starting a mini-series for MBC last week, I realized that acting in the film had drained me. I had to cry for my first scene in the drama but couldn't, even when the crew spent two or three hours creating the right atmosphere on the set. I thought that I was really good at crying scenes, but I just couldn't.

Beside acting, did you realize any difference between movie and drama in terms of system?

Let me say that I feel like I am at my parent's home when acting for soap operas and at my parents-in-law's home when acting for movies. When it comes to movies, staff will be very nice to you but they are cold-blooded when making requests.

You are the biggest star among the actors in Hong's films so far, but you agreed to be in the film for a trivial sum compared to what you can expect to earn in other films.

The film would have cost more than W3 billion (US$1=W959) if it paid all of its actors, actresses and crew their due, but it was actually produced with just half of that money. You just can't pursue your own interest and also take circumstances around you into account. I think that all the people who took part in the movie made the best choice.”

You are well over 30 now. When do you feel as if you are still in your 20's and when do you accept that you are over 30 years old now?

When I meet a man, I feel like I am still in my 20s (smiles). When you turn 30, you have less and less of those moments when you hate or love something extremely. And you feel that you can understand anything when you get to know the reason. I don't like those obscure feelings, but the fact that I have those feelings shows that I'm getting older. When I was in my 20s, I was so mature and I restrained myself from things that I wanted to do and wanted to have. But I don't like to keep repeating that mistake until I'm 40.

After news came out that KBS anchor No Hyun-jung is getting married to a man from the Hyundai Group owner family, people joked that the name ‘Hyun-jung' is the prerequisite for marrying a rich man from a chaebol family. Since you experienced living as a member of a chaebol family, do you have any advice for women like No who follow suit?

(Goh married Chung Yong-jin, Shinsegae vice president and a relative of the Samsung Group owner family, in 1995. Their marriage ended in 2003.)

I'm not sure if you'll believe me, but when I got married to my ex-husband, I didn't think much about the fact that he came from a chaebol family. It was my first relationship with someone I really loved and I just liked it. I couldn't imagine that my being a celebrity and him being a rich man could be a source of problems in our marriage. But when I'd been married for some time, I realized there were many more things that mattered in marriage other than the relationship between wife and husband. I was faced with trouble again and again in the process when two different families unite as one. The name No Hyung-jung can be interpreted as ‘No' Hyung-jeong, and I hope she doesn't follow my example and has a happy marriage.

Source: Digital Chosunilbo @ http://english.chosu...0608180011.html

#4 man13dy

man13dy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 02:36 PM

Actress Ko Back With First Film

August 22, 2006

By Kim Tae-jong
Staff Reporter

It may still be true that her turbulent marriage to Samsung family member Chung Yong-jin first comes across your mind when you think of actress Ko Hyun-jung.

But that image will be changed thanks to her new film ``Woman on the Beach'' (Haebyonui Yoin).

The film, directed by Hong Sang-soo, is the story of romances between two men and two women in their 30s, on a trip to a resort town.

In the film, Ko shows different sides by playing an independent woman who freely expresses her feelings.

``I have many things in common with the character in the film,'' Ko said Monday during a news conference followed by a preview screening of the movie at Seoul Cinema in Chongno, downtown Seoul.

``I also often use such strong (swearing) words as my character does. They are just part of anyone's vocabulary, aren't they?'' Ko said with a big smile.

Her personal life was long the talk of the town when this renowned actress and former Miss Korea winner married Shinsegae Group vice president Chung, nephew of a Samsung chairman.

To put an end to 15 turbulent years and to make a fresh start, she made a comeback to the entertainment industry through the 2005 television series ``Spring Day'' (Pomnal), two years after her divorce.

It seems that the film will get her back on track as the actress who enjoyed enormous popularity in the 1990s.

``As this is my first film, I didn't have any special plan. It was just fun to work with the director and other actors. I was just happy to see how a film is made,'' Ko said.

Ko plays a singer and songwriter, who falls in love with a divorced director and tackles her inner relationship conflicts with him.

When she was cast in the film, many voiced concern how she would deal with possible nudity as director Hong's previous works contain explicit scenes. But Ko had said that she was ready if required.

Starkly different from Hong's other films, rated all ``18 and over,'' the new film has received the rating of ``15 and over'' with few explicit scenes.

Ko said that it was not hers but the director's decision.

About her acting, the director praised her and expressed satisfaction with her performance in the film.

``I usually create 50 percent of a character in advance, and I try to fill the rest of it after meeting an actor. I think Ko has filled the rest excellently. I think she is an amazingly talented actress,'' Hong said.

``Woman on the Beach'' opens Aug. 31.

Source: The Korea Times @ http://times.hankook...17432911700.htm

#5 ripgal

ripgal

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 05:26 PM

im watching her new series with chun jung myung.. and it's really cute.. she reminds me a lot of Kim Sun Ah.... i think she looks comparatively young for her age.. 35? she looks 30!

#6 Tuoimongmo2007

Tuoimongmo2007

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 09:13 AM

i love her she's awesome.. she seems not like the typical star.. she very down to earth and very plain..not like glamerous like other actresses...i love that about her..

#7 hoteggroll

hoteggroll

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 03:39 AM

I didn't like the movie Woman on the Beach. I've seen better performances by both main actors. Perhaps it just didn't translate well, because I didn't get that inner turmoil that she was supposed to have.

The movie sucked

#8 cynical

cynical

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 10:34 PM

you have to add her new drama, What's Up Fox? wow really really like her there.
so she's really divorced. was her former husband an actor or not? can someone post more pics of her.
thanks!!!

#9 lisajayne

lisajayne

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 03:29 AM

She was also in an MBC Drama H.I.T. (Homicide Investigation Team), which was on air in March to May 2007, where she acted as a a more action-oriented police leader of the H.I. Team. having to handle criminal cases as well as to get her members of the team to work together. I thought she handled her role well and I've always admired her as an actress

#10 myray

myray

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 10:56 AM

you have to add her new drama, What's Up Fox? wow really really like her there.
so she's really divorced. was her former husband an actor or not? can someone post more pics of her.
thanks!!!

her ex-husband was the nephew of the billionaire CEO of Samsung..
His mother is the younger sister of the Samsung CEO and with his mother he runs Shinsegae Department Store, which is one of the largest department stores in Korea..

heres a random fact:
She is the face of LG electronics and is endorsing LG's white goods range..
LG is one of the biggest rivals of Samsung lols :whistle:

Another fact, but sad fact:
She still hasnt seen her kids ever since the divorce..
Her ex-inlaws are a very powerful family in Korea so it would be very difficult for her to win back the custody of her kids :crying:
After reading many articles and interviews on KHJ and her ex-husband, it seems she's gone through hell.. the 10 years of marriage was very difficult for her.. but she tried her best to impress her inlaws and powerful relatives, which is also why she retired from the entertainment industry.. her mother in law disliked KHJ as she was brought up in a non-chaebol family and had nothing to offer but her looks and name..
her inlaws looked down her, speaking english with eachother, including the ex husband.. this had gone on for years and years until her kids were born.. it subsided but then there were rumors that her husband was cheating on her etc.. nothing was announced in terms of this rumor (remember they are a powerful family), but it mustve hurt her nonetheless and it was only known to the Korean public that something was going wrong in her life when she deliberately crashed her Porsche which her mother in law gave to her as a present..
she then received some medical and psychiatric help.. a few years later she was finally able to get a divorce, but lost the custody of her children and only left with a small amount in settlement money.
But from reading her letters to her fans (posted on her fan site) she says she has never been happier and free.. that although she thinks about her kids all the time.. she is still very happy ^^

#11 yin2

yin2

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 01:27 PM

I've juz finished watching H.I.T n I'm impressed by her acting skills. I'm interested in her previous dramas too n would oso like to read up more abt her. Any recommendations on websites tat I can find out more about her?

#12 ftlouis

ftlouis

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:32 AM

I love her from Spring Day
Her performance was exellent
I love her with cold face but warm soul
I prefer her with Ji Jin Hee in this drama. He was the first love.

#13 JenTOP.ForeveR

JenTOP.ForeveR

BigBangisForever@wordpress

• Forum Masters
  • 11136 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 08:03 AM

Ko Hyeon-jeong to star in TV series with Kwon Sang-woo

Top Korean actress Ko Hyeon-jeong is set to star in a new television drama alongside Hallyu star Kwon Sang-woo, according to local media reports on Thursday.

The actress has decided to appear in the drama tentatively titled "Big Thing" in English, after long and hard consideration, the reports said.

Ko's contract, however, is said to include a clause which stipulates that Kwon must play the male lead.

Kwon, who has been contemplating on whether to shoot the series for two years, has reportedly given a verbal agreement to do the show and is currently working out the details of his contract.

"Big", based on a comic book series of the same title by Park In-kwon, is about a first-class gigolo (played by Kwon) who helps a human rights lawyer (played by Ko) achieve her dream of becoming Korea's first female president.

As a former Miss Korea runner-up, Ko rose to stardom after starring in 1995 hit TV series "Hourglass" and made headlines after marrying Samsung Group Chairman Lee Kun-hee's nephew Chung Yong-jin.

She resumed her acting career in 2005 after getting a divorce and fully regained her reputation as Korea's top actress last year, receiving the grand prize at the 2009 MBC Drama Awards for her role in the smash hit TV series "Queen Seon-deok."

Shooting for "Big" is scheduled to begin in May.

source: Asiae

#14 babievee

babievee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 08:56 PM

Ko Hyun Jung is such a great actress... she had a great potrayal as Mishil in queen seon duk...

#15 jenyoung

jenyoung

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 12:58 PM

Hi everyone. I am one of MISHIL's supporter..
It's an irony that in the drama Queen Seon Deok, i love more the antagonist and not the protagonist.
Go Hyun Jung did great in QSD. Here in my country we called it "The Mishil Look" She's got Charisma. She's beautiful and brilliant. In the story, she's cold but she is loving on the other way, she loved Bidam and Silla! I don't like how the writer ended her life, she doesn't give a cgance to change her life. Well, she's a great ruler. She just had a dream...
I actually not notice that she was the one in the drama Foxy lady, it was aired in the Philippines last 2008. She's really different in the two drama. Since I failed to watch Foxy Lady (because of my school schedule before) Now, I bought a DVD of it just to watch her and it burst me into so much laughter and fun. I bet, that she's the one who led the drama QSD to get its high rating. Even here in my country, we always talked about her acting. QSD rating is just a big hit, greater than Jewel in the Palace. I really love her.

Well, tomorrow is her birthday. I wish she could read this article of mine.
I pray for her happy life, successful career and healthy living.

Go GHJ! Gods is on your side.

I want to know more about her.

My prayers are always with her.

-jenyoung :innocent :innocent :innocent

#16 JenTOP.ForeveR

JenTOP.ForeveR

• Forum Masters
  • 11136 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 09:44 AM

[100613] Fan meeting @ Seoul CGV Hall

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

source: newsen

#17 JenTOP.ForeveR

JenTOP.ForeveR

• Forum Masters
  • 11136 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:45 AM

Ko Hyun Jung: ‘Fans Are Reliable Because They Trust Me’
[2010-06-15]

Star actress Ko Hyun Jung had a fan meeting on June 13 for the first time in 21 years since she has debuted.
Ko held a press conference before the fan meeting started at CGV Art Hall in Yeongduengpo Time Square and she said, “I wanted to have this fan meeting, but now that it has actually taken place, I am little nervous.”

She appeared at the venue with a rather anxious look and said, “I have always received something from my fans, and it seems to lack sincerity that I always only show myself to my fans by appearing in works. Before it is too late, I wanted to say thank to my fans, so I prepared and held this fan meeting.”

Asked about what her fans mean to her, she answered, “Fans are people who do not misunderstand me. I have done many things that are enough to make people misunderstand me, but whatever I do, my fans do not judge me and they trust me. So, they are very reliable and make me comfortable. I am actually a person who cannot express appreciation well, and my fans seem to know my personality very well because they have not been disappointed by me.”

She prepared her favorite belongings to give them to her fans as a present and personally invited guest members to the fan meeting. She said, “It is very meaningful because I am inviting my fans for the first time. Even though I cannot talk with every one of them, I want to look at every fan’s face.”

She was also asked whether there is a particular fan who has remained in her memory. She answered, “Even during a time when they did not know whether I would make a comeback or not, my fans gathered and formed a fan club to discuss memories of me and to remember me. I remember all those fans. There is a fan who has posted pictures of her everyday life from the time when she started to go out and have a baby and, what is more, how the baby has grown up. I found out that the baby actually has known me as an aunt, so I said that I am not a real aunt. (laugh)”

After she made a comeback, she could realize that her fans have become more enthusiastic. She said, “Some fans came to the set and gave me a birthday gift, and I actually thought that they were different from the fans who just sent letters to me in the past. I never experienced such enthusiastic fans before.”

She said, “My fans are like me. As if they know that I might feel embarrassed if they come too close to me, they do not approach me too closely. I really thank them for those their consideration.” The fan meeting was held in private and Kim Jae Dong hosted the fan meeting. Ko Hyun Jung had debuted after she was voted the second runner-up in the Miss Korea Beauty Pageant in 1989, and gained huge popularity when she appeared in the SBS TV drama “Sandglass” in 1995. But, during the height of popularity, she married and retired from the entertainment industry. After she divorced in 2003, she made a comeback in 2005 with the SBS TV drama “Spring Days” and after that she has proven that she remains a star actress by showing up in dramas such as the MBC TV drama “Foxy Lady” and “H.I.T” and movies such as “Woman On The Beach,””Like You Know It All” and “Actress.”

In addition, she garnered the biggest award at the MBC Drama Awards and also the biggest award at the Paeksang Arts Awards by appearing in the MBC drama “The Great Queen Seondeok,” which was aired last year.

http://english.kbs.c...ew.html?No=7411

#18 JenTOP.ForeveR

JenTOP.ForeveR

• Forum Masters
  • 11136 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 10:29 AM

Daemul’s President Go Hyun-jung

Posted Image

Now that SBS’s Daemul is finally rolling, looks like they’re eager to get your attention (and for a positive reason, for once) with all their new stills. Go Hyun-jung is featured in the latest set, looking every bit the part of Korea’s first woman president.

In these photos, Go’s character, Seo Hye-rim, is at a summit talk at the White House with the American president. The faked White House was staged at the Damyang Dnasty Country Club Hall in South Jeolla — which, by the way, was also the set of Gu Jun-pyo’s mansion in Boys Before Flowers. This scene will be shown in the first episode. (I can only hope it contains as little acting in English as possible. These types of scenes always make me cringe; the Korean actor rarely sounds like s/he knows what s/he’s saying, and the English speaker always tends to speak slowly like his co-star is a child or an idiot.)

Daemul replaces My Girlfriend Is a Gumiho and premieres October 6.

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

credit: dramabeans