1795 replies to this topic

#1 AZN Winter

AZN Winter

LuVu4eVa

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 11:34 AM

let me c HK is so cool at night dats y and da shops r so big jus luv HK oh yeh and da HK Celebrities!! HK is da place dat i always wanted 2 visit but never get da chance 2 jus luv it!!

Edited by lil_chilam902, 22 January 2004 - 12:42 PM.

#2 ::Confession::

::Confession::

:: Confession ::

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 11:35 AM

the nite scenary...shopping, saw the advertisment tt hk is a shopping paradise.....n well, maybe i watch too much tvb shows oreadi, so wanted to see the real hk....hehez :)

#3 affa

affa

sacrosanctitas

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 01:40 PM

well because HK isnt boring with a lot of stuff to do like shopping and takes alot of boredom away and the tvb programs is kool with kool series and programs 24/7

#4 whisperings

whisperings

angelic

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 04:14 PM

i have never been there, but my parents have and they say it is very busy...with lots of cars and people...

#5 tvbfan

tvbfan

superior being =D

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 08:27 PM

its modern, full of shopping and side-walk stands to eat and drink,
sight seeings, etc...

i wanna visit japan and hong kong one day!

Peace & Serenity

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3188 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 08:34 PM

HK is cool !!
shopping , karoke , disco , chinese drinks ^_^ // strawberri milkshake wid black perals ta hahaha luv dem :D .. me nd my friend wish to go to hk sumdaii ;]

#7 Guest_b0ii'Z_*

Guest_b0ii'Z_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2004 - 09:30 PM

does it cound.. ive been to HK INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT twice! haha its soooo BIG!!! thats my fav ariport but i get scared of gettin lost in there! i really want to go to HK and actually in the city n stuff n meet BOY'Z!! haha

#8 Endless

Endless

i'm crazy

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 09:57 PM

i love hong kong!!!!! it's sooo pretty!!!!! eventhough i've never been there and am not chinese either......but still . haha maybe i'll get to see some of the actors/actresses!!

#9 _hello_

_hello_

Hello, world!

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2629 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 10:57 PM

Yea, Hong Kong has great scenery, great shopping, great entertainment...almost everything's great there. There's never a dull moment. I <3 HK.

#10 babyguh

babyguh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 11:11 PM

heheeh i been to hong kong for a week and i absolutely loved it there. the shops the view from the farrie on hhong kong island to kowloon at nite is soo gorgeousthe seafood there is good too. everything is alive and u can just pick it and theyll make it for u. very big seafood there too. their hotpot is good its different than ova hea oh and their clothes are so fashionable and cheap i stayed at kowloon and it reminded me of new york times square and there is a times square thaats neat there too but next time i go there i wanna stay at hong kong island because i dint see any stars there of course but i did go to amei concert which didnt undastand anything but it was koo experience i brought so many vcds there for 5 dollas because ova hea it liyke 15 dolaz it was good expereince and i wish i can go bak there again hehe thanx

#11 HutchisonCW

HutchisonCW

<3 MeL

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1430 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 12:28 AM

everything but the weather is good in HK.
Food, Entertainment, Shopping, and much more!!!
Almost like heaven!!! :wasntme

#12 swt_hunnie

swt_hunnie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 01:23 AM

itz a city dat neva stops...24/7 worth of fun activities...i wanna go for da BIG malls...foods...ocean park!....hehe n of course i wanna tour da TVB studio wit da ancient cityz...n meet ron n ray of course! :lol:

#13 ::Confession::

::Confession::

:: Confession ::

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 08:32 AM

don't forget about Disney Land!!! it wiil open within a couple years

oh..ya...when izzit gonna be open huh? my parents promise to bring mi there when its build.... B) n i'm sure it gonna attract a lot of tourist there...

Edited by ah wen, 22 January 2004 - 08:32 AM.

#14 Guest_Louis&Jessica_*

Guest_Louis&Jessica_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2004 - 07:30 PM

I would like to visit Hk sometime. It seems to be a amazing city.

#15 gossip80

gossip80

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3655 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 04:00 AM

i went back once in 96 and i loved it...plus i'm always watching these tvb series that make it seem like a really nice/awesome place

#16 Guests

• Guests

Posted 25 January 2004 - 04:29 AM

Yeah, it's a really busy and cool place... I just went back last year... (end of 2002), and it was really pretty and nice, especially at chrismas time and new year time... It's really busy, but that's a good thing, because the more the merrier... :lol:

#17 smoonie

smoonie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 05:17 AM

i love hong kong. i was born there, but then i moved when i was 6. i really missed it then and still do. i went back when i was 13 and my family's planning to go back this summer too. i can't wait! it's an awesome city packed with fun things and interesting places to see! :D

#18 forever_autumn

forever_autumn

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4191 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 08:22 AM

because it looks soo cool from what i've seen.. i've never been there =( but all of my family is.. well most of them anyways.. and i really really wanna go there =]

#19 Guest_dOpeyme_*

Guest_dOpeyme_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2004 - 08:24 AM

I like Hong Kong because of what I`ve heard about it. Maybe I`ll change my mind about it when/after I go there. :lol:

#20 tangtang__x

tangtang__x

twisted soul

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 03:24 PM

i Like Hongkong bec. of the low cost of clothes.. LOL.. im a shopaholic.. hope to get there soon *crosses finger* hope this Feb. i can..cause i will be getting my passport by then..:lol:

#21 Guests

• Guests

Posted 25 January 2004 - 08:20 PM

because of TVB?... haha.. or issit because i have seen so much of HK on TVB series tat i love that i so interested in HK...and of course.. not forgetting the SHOPPING over there...and the FOOD...and the FASHION.....i absolutely love the FASHION over there!!~.... and oh ya.. not forgetting the weather in the later part of the year~...i would definately love it becos...i'm from Singapore!!~... :lol:

#22 LuVin_54

LuVin_54

Unknown

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 08:04 AM

omg..i wanna go hk so bad..hahaha..i like HK because they get nice clothes there [i love shopping]..and i wanna see some hot actors :lol: ..muahaha..yeah...and the night scenery is amazing... B)

Edited by LuVin_54, 26 January 2004 - 08:04 AM.

#23 iCySoUr21

iCySoUr21

aLeX & sHiRlEy

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 01:23 AM

i always wanted 2 visit hk bcuz all the chinese celebrities are in hk. and i really want to meet them. and the stuff at hk are really pretty...so yea....

#24 Guests

• Guests

Posted 04 February 2004 - 02:09 AM

OMG I love Hong Kong I want to live there so badly, but my mom hates it there she thinks it's too hot. I think it's hot too but it's a shopping city!!! How can she hate Hong Kong???

#25 HutchisonCW

HutchisonCW

<3 MeL

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1430 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 02:11 AM

OMG I love Hong Kong I want to live there so badly, but my mom hates it there she thinks it's too hot. I think it's hot too but it's a shopping city!!! How can she hate Hong Kong???

tell her to visit during fall or winter, and theres nothing to hate about it anymore. :lol:

#26 Guests

• Guests

Posted 04 February 2004 - 02:14 AM

tell her to visit during fall or winter, and theres nothing to hate about it anymore. :lol:

I want to live there for a living!!! :down

#27 BRBOY2002

BRBOY2002

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 08:25 AM

HongKong will be the first destination for me if I travel. Love everything from this city.

#28 Guests

• Guests

Posted 30 March 2004 - 12:35 AM

my friends went bak to hongkong last summer..she bought hella stuffs [cute stuffs]..she said that ,its really cheap compare to stuffs in USA. is that true? :unsure:

#29 Endless

Endless

i'm crazy

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 12:43 AM

i think stuff in asian countries are really cheap compared to the value of american money when it is exchanged out..so things seem cheaper for most of the tourists..

#30 Bleahdom

Bleahdom

Heads will roll...

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 01:24 AM

Things in America are cheap as well compared to here in the UK. Food in Hong Kong is cheaper though, gotto go there for a week just for food ^_^

#31 _hello_

_hello_

Hello, world!

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2629 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 02:57 AM

that's what i heard from my parents...they said that HK has very good deals. and cheap clothes. and nearly cheap everything. lol...

#32 athlon

athlon

Selfish elite

• uber-newbie
  • 3978 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 07:50 AM

It really depends on what you wanna buy. All the cute stuff like Hello Kittydolls, etc can be REALLY cheap. If it's real original stuff that you buy in the hello kittystore,t hey're kinda expensive, but if you buy the "fake" ones in the market, they're very cheap.

Clothes, designer clothes are the same price as in america, but other ones can be as cheap as 8 HKdollar a piece.

Electronics are like 10-20% cheaper than the USA too i've heard if you buy from the offical dealer, otherwise it can be 30% cheape.

#33 HutchisonCW

HutchisonCW

<3 MeL

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1430 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 08:04 AM

as athlon said, it really depends on what you buy........

american branded clothing such as CK, Tommy, DKNY and Levis are cheaper in the US........so dont buy them in HK.

i find glasses much cheaper in HK, prescription or sun.........u can get like, armani, air titanium, burberry, even oakleys.........for about at least 20-30% cheaper. my mom gets new glasses in HK all the time........a pair of armanis in the US is at least $300, but she can get it for about $200 in HK.

electronics are cheap if you go to Mong Kok, in the building where body shop is........but make sure u either speak canto or go with a person that speaks it, or they'll definitely rip you off. be sure to check for missing components in your electronics packages, as sellers often "forget" but the cheap stuff often comes without warranty.

#34 affa

affa

sacrosanctitas

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 10:29 AM

the things r pretty cheap especially electronics n games. dunno about clothes since some r expensive n some r cheap but the food is extremely cheap 2

#35 Lucky_Doraemon

Lucky_Doraemon

Back to reality...T_T

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1619 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 06:13 PM

the food isn't that cheap well compared to the UK. but yeh cd's electronics and cute stuff are relly cheap over there. so my mum won't let my buy chinese movies down chinatown cos she says we can get it much cheaper over in HK i'm going back in over a week!! i'm gonna get so many CD's people who search us might think were smuggling. but they won't be able to do anything cos i'll have one each. :P

#36 Smiley

Smiley

Retired Global Minister

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7660 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 12:21 PM

Electronics are cheap there, but everything else is skyrockted high.

Problem is you would probably spend more than $100 dollars a day for transportation. I once spend $400 HK in one day by just using MTR and KCR

#37 Endless

Endless

i'm crazy

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 11:10 PM

i wonder..if stuff are so expensive over there..then why do HK stars get paid so little..?? the expenses..etc etc.??

#38 HutchisonCW

HutchisonCW

<3 MeL

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1430 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 12:00 AM

i wonder..if stuff are so expensive over there..then why do HK stars get paid so little..?? the expenses..etc etc.??

well.......the stars in HK do get paid quite a bit..........like leon, aaron, and nick tse has like multiple porshces and ferarris...........

its really your choice to live cheap of expensively.........while HK has tons of expensive stuff, theres quite a bit of cheap stuff too.

#39 Endless

Endless

i'm crazy

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 12:13 AM

ai then why did u tell me miss HK got paid like 1,250 something to act??!

#40 HutchisonCW

HutchisonCW

<3 MeL

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1430 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 12:36 AM

ai then why did u tell me miss HK got paid like 1,250 something to act??!

well......Miss HK isnt really a true star............Miss HK is more fame then tangible benefits

the $1250 is their salary.........but they have like a $150,000 prize........clothing, housing, and transportation subsidies too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users