215 replies to this topic

#201 frenchvanilla

frenchvanilla

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:14 PM

As a person who didn't grow up around Korean and Japanese things and merely got into them as a teen and up, here are my opinions based on observation:

Best Food: Korea (less bland)
Best Oral Language: Korea (more rhythmic)
Best Written Language: Japan (because of the characters still being used :P)
Best Films: Japan (some Korean films seem to be copies of other films from other places)
Best Music: Korea
Best Fashion: Japan
Best Cartoons/Comics: Korea (the illustration is more colorful and more detailed)

#202 cRuncheZ

cRuncheZ

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 03:50 PM

i never went to korea or japan..
but i heard japan are more clean and more forward..
i think japan wins all..
i dunno why ppl said korea fashion are better but a lots korean fashion are copy from western and japanese..
japanese music are better..kpop do not have the originality..even though i addicted listening to kpop now..korean music just like the continuous of american or japanese..
about drama..of course jdrama wins..
and cartoon..anime wins again..
overall must be japan..
i always heard that korea is next japan..so japan is more forward..

#203 ST@R

ST@R

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 05:35 PM

Food:
I pick Japan! I love sushi <3 & I love their yummy snacks!
Fashion:
Hmm....I'd pick Korean fashion, though they are really similiar...except Japan projects the harajuku & emo style best, which I don't dress like.
Animation (Anime/Cartoons):
Definitely Japan! I grew up watching Japanese animation, like DBZ & Street Fighter.
Music:
I can't choose. I love Korean music but I also love Japanese music too!
Drama Series:
I grew up watching Korean dramas. It was not too long ago when I started watching Japanese dramas. Each has their own good dramas but I'd have to pick Korean dramas.
Enviroment:
Ummm...both? I think Korea & Japan are very attractive with the islands & tall buildings, traffic & huge oceans of people. :)

#204 Jfan

Jfan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:12 AM

Kdrama is definitely the best. Korean actors are better looking than Japanese actors. For food, Chinese is the best, Korean and Japanese are even.

#205 nowww

nowww

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:18 AM

Food: Japan. mybe bcoz i never have a chance to eat korean food. :D

Fashion: Korea. they hv a simple fashion style.

Animation (Anime/Cartoons): i don't like both. coz i never watch anime. but for cartoon, i prefer japan. :D they r cute!

Music: Korea coz i love 'em. FT island, BB, SHINee, etc.

Drama Serials: Korea&Japan both of them produce lots of great drama and movies and i could not choose one. :D

Enviroment: Korea&Japan. wonderful country. :D

#206 Squeeky.Sneekers

Squeeky.Sneekers

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 09:12 AM

food: Japan

music: Korean

dramas/movies: i havent watched much, but id say tie, although japan has great mangas that have been turned into great dramas, i like the acting of koreans better.

fashion: makeup and clothing wise korea

rather visit: japan!

#207 Tokyokirei

Tokyokirei

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:52 PM

Food: This is a tie for me, mainly because I'm not a picky eater, lol. If I feel like going spicy, bold foods, I go korean. But if I feel like eating foods with a more subtle taste, I go Japanese. So i'm fine with both Posted Image

Fashion: Definitely Japan. Every time I see a Japanese guy or girl, he/she always appear to be sporting the latest trend in Asia. It's as if the Japanese ARE the trend-setters of Asia when it comes to clothing, hairstyles, and accessories. They always manage to be creative without looking bad.

Animation (Anime/Cartoons): Of course, Japan. Their anime is the most well-known and the most popular. I'm not really interested in many animes. Throughout my life, I've only really been into about 3 or 4 of them but all of them were Japanese.

Music: Japan hands down. Especially Jrock. Jrock has amazing vocals and instrumentals. Most of the jrockers seem to really be into their jobs. They put in a lot of emotion on stage when they sing, which I find very alluring. Yeah, a lot of Jrock songs may sound dark and/or sorrowful but that's part of the reason why it's so appealing to me. It doesn't have the typical happy-go-lucky style that a lot of Asian music has. It's not just about a bunch of people with a crapload of plastic surgery dancing around on stage who lip sync, but rather, Jrock is more about musicians who want to express themselves through the music they write and let their emotions run free in a society where expressing one's own feelings is somewhat restricted (Japan). So instead, they do so through their art, which is Jrock. Jpop is cool too in the sense that while it is pop music and is influenced by American pop music, it still retains an Asian element to it. It's hard to describe but I guess what I'm getting at is that while Jpop uses all the instruments of typical pop music, a lot of their melodies still sound Asian, which makes it better than regular pop music. It's kind of like classical Hong Kong pop music (in the 80's). It's pop with an Asian melody.

Drama Serials: I prefer Japanese because they get pretty creative with their storylines and simply because I find the Japanese guys starring in their movies/TV shows sexy Posted Image Besides, looking at my bedroom walls right now, I would say that about 60% of the posters and pictures on my walls are consisted of Japanese actors and actresses (20% are Jrockers/Jpoppers and the other 20% are American and British rockers, lol).

Environment: Japan for sure. Not just because it's one of the cleanest countries next to Singapore, but also because there's so much to see in Japan. Japan is so advanced, yet it manages to retain so much of its culture, which makes it so beautiful. It's advanced in terms of standard of living, social welfare, humanitarianism, and technology that helps the comfort of living of its people. But at the same time, it retained its Asian culture by maintaining Buddhism, tea ceremonies, and having traditional Japanese style houses all over the country. In other words, they've become industrialized in the best of ways but stayed old-fashioned in the best of ways. Besides, the landscapes in Japan are just breath taking--landscapes such as Mt. Fuji for example.

#208 DreamWeaver1337

DreamWeaver1337

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:01 AM

Best Food: Hard one....for Taste, Korean food...for health, Japanese food!

Best Oral Language: Korean. I think it's more romantic and more aesthetic than Japanese and Chinese...and it's much more slower and deliberate than Chinese and Japanese. Japanese almost sounds like Chinese since the two are spoken so fast and fluidly, while Korean is alphabetical and slow.

Best Written Language: I like Alphabets..so Korean.

Best Films: Korean. But I do like Japanese anime (if that counts).

Best Music: Korean. But I think both Korean and Japanese sound very beautifully when spoken or sung.

Best Fashion: Tie.

Best Cartoons/Comics: Japan. Korea doesn't even do cartoons/comics, do they?

#209 MadameMary

MadameMary

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:21 AM

Food: Korea/Japan Why?
Fashion: Korea/Japan Why?
Animation (Anime/Cartoons): Korea/Japan Why?
Music: Korea/Japan Why?
Drama Serials: Korea/Japan Why?
Enviroment: Korea/Japan Why?

As for why?
I just feel like everything Korea does.. Japan does a little bit better.
Japans culture is just more attractive to me.

Edited by MadameMary, 03 November 2012 - 11:35 PM.

#210 kyla

kyla

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2249 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:36 AM

Food: Japan since I never eaten Korean Food
Fashion: I have to say Tied! I love both Japan and Korea unique high fashion.
Animation: Of course Japan win this hands down. Naruto, Inuyasha, Bleach and Dragon Ball Z are some of the greatest Animation in the world.
Music: Japan for me mainly because their industry in filled with diversity and different genres to choose from. Can you say the same for Korea?
Drama Serials: Tied! They both produces some of Asia's best dramas. I currently watching some dramas from both countries online.
Environment: Japan! It was always my dream to visit Japan's awesome culture since my teenage years. Its so much I want to see and experience there.

So you can basically say I'm all for JapanPosted Image

#211 Xandrawr

Xandrawr

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

Food: Japan, their food usually looks nicer and I don't like spicy food.
Fashion: Korea, just because I'm Korean lol they are fairly similar but I'm more used to Korean fashion.
Animation: Japan, Korea really doesn't make that much animes
Music: Korea, our language is more rhythmic and music videos are always very good.
Drama: Korea, same reason as fashion
Environment: Tied, Seoul and Tokyo are both very beautiful places

#212 Yuhalinskaya

Yuhalinskaya

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:56 AM

I haven't visited Korea but I have stepped in for the first time in Japan last last year...

Food: Japanese. Dunno why but... I love tempura, sushi and sashimi, although I love Jjamppong.
Fashion: Both, I'd say, but Japanese fashion in simpler styles are like, "You still look good!"
Animation (Anime/Cartoons): Japanese anime, like DUH! Korean anime is still underrated and not yet worldwide.
Music: Japanese. Hmmm...
Drama Serials: I like Korean dramas way back when Bright Girl was aired before the Hallyu. Starting 2010 I no longer like K-dramas. J-dramas, no matter how old they are, they're still classic!
Enviroment: Hmmm... cannot comment but I'd say Japan is meticulously clean.

#213 Meow ♡

Meow ♡

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1302 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

I choose Japan! For its sushi (yummy) and Hello Kitty.

#214 the70s80s90s

the70s80s90s

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:57 AM

I've been to Japan recently. I'll give my opinion about Korea if I ever go there. Tokyo was okay. Kinda ticked off the Yen was around 79 per $1 dollar when we went. Now the Yen is like in the 90s per each U.S. dollar. So mad!!!! I could have bought more green tea kit-kats! Posted Image

#215 Shining★mjjeje

Shining★mjjeje

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:16 PM

For me Japan and Korea were both great! There's no need to comparison. ^_^ I like both! Hihi

#216 jonpad01

jonpad01

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:33 AM

I really liked The Good The Bad and The Weird, but i also think Sasuke is badass, does korea make obstacle tournament shows?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users