AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Dodo Cheng Yu Ling (鄭裕玲)

dodo cheng cheng yu ling

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
82 replies to this topic

#1 anneheung11

anneheung11

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 07:37 AM

Chinese Name: Dodo Cheng
English Name: Carol Cheng
Vietnamese Name: Trinh Du Linh
Date of Birth: September 9th, 1957
Place of Birth: Hong Kong
Origin Place: Sichuan, China

Edited by dee-lush, 04 November 2006 - 05:08 AM.

#2 forever_autumn

forever_autumn

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4195 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 10:16 PM

She is so cool, can't believe she's 45 years old right now and still looks so amazing =)

#3 anneheung11

anneheung11

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 11:46 AM

She is so cool, can't believe she's 45 years old right now and still looks so amazing =)

i thought she was 47 years old this year and the dresses she wears look pretty nice

Edited by anneheung11, 07 June 2004 - 11:49 AM.

#4 BORNINHK

BORNINHK

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 06:00 PM

I have never seen an episode of the HK version of the quiz
The weakest link.

#5 HeavenlyCharm

HeavenlyCharm

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 03:57 PM

Does she still act? Her name is also Carol, right? I have seen her in heaven sword dragon sabre, but i prefer her character in once upon a time in shangai, she is cute with adam cheng.

#6 alwaisdazzlin

alwaisdazzlin

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 02:03 AM

she's so funny in War of the Genders...She always fights with her assistant, and always wants what is good for her... she cant stands it when she looks bad or if someone's better than her at something... her character is hilarious! clapclap

#7 mandy_candy33

mandy_candy33

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1234 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 07:15 AM

I think she is one of the best actress in TVB. In my opinion, out of Nancy Sit, Lydia Shum, Liza Wang and DoDo. DoDo is the best!

#8 wilson_bond

wilson_bond

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 10:41 AM

Well she is not only a great acctress, also a great MC. Watched some old series of her some time ago. She was a great couple with Chow Yun Fat.

#9 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 02:00 AM

I love her. Shes a very smart woman, a great actress and MC.

#10 kelvin_ck1

kelvin_ck1

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 12:16 PM

can somebody tell me .. what is she doing now?

#11 aznbaybii

aznbaybii

*YEAH BABY!!!*

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 02:22 PM

heyz....anii one hav pic ov dodo??

i wanna c wat she lukz lyk -_____________-''

#12 forever_autumn

forever_autumn

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4195 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 06:33 PM

Here's some news :)

Posted Image

[Ta Kung Pao 09/10/04]

Carol Cheng will be partnering Tang Chi Fung and Winnie Yeung for the AIDS charity show next Saturday and this event will be supporting the China AIDS Prevention Campaign with performances from guests such as Deanie Yip, Kelly Chen, Andy Hui, Hacken Lee, Joey Yung, Gigi Leung, Cookies, Tang Wing Chi, Bowie Lam and Sheren Tang.

In yesterday's press conference, the witty Carol said modestly that she has two other hosts to share her responsibility so she can breathe a sigh of relief, because her attitude is different now and work is just a home for the spirit and so she is always very happy when there is someone to share the stage with her. She also hopes that the company can give more opportunities to the younger generation and take some of the responsibilities from her.

Carol's earlier series with Dayo Wong "War of the Genders" received good ratings results and recently "War and Beauty" has also created a television frenzy to challenge her, but she refuses to join forces with Dayo again to make another TV legend. Carole says that she is very out (of fashion) and not watched "War" but she does miss Sheren Tang: "I remember when I first met her, she had just graduated from the artiste class and she played my little sister in a sereis. I am pleased to see that her acting talent has become so mature now."

http://www.takungpao...9/UL-315327.htm

credit to Em @ http://tvbspacenews.blogspot.com

#13 AutumnTears

AutumnTears

. x3 yoo .

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1798 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 08:29 PM

Posted Image
TVB's "Golden MC" Carol Cheng has been in the show business for almost 30 years. She took part in a radio talk show the other day, and shared her thoughts on the ups and downs of her life. She said it is always important to treasure the opportunities whether one is dealing with family issues or career choices. She also thanked boyfriend Lui Fong for supporting her through all these years.

When asked how Carol made a name for herself at the beginning of her career, she said it was not easy at all. She had been a time lady (similar to "weather lady", only reporting time instead of weather) for two years in her first TV station. Carol did think about switching to something else, but her mentor Gan Yee Ching encouraged her to stick with what she loved doing, so she stayed in the TV business after all. After Carol joined TVB, her career finally hit the high note and she's been successful ever since.

Brought up in a single-parent family, Carol admitted she was not very close to her mother, but their relationship improved a lot in the last few years of her mom's life. Carol said, "I still remember that particular time when mom, little brother, Lui Fong, a couple of other friends and I had been drinking tea, watching movies and hanging out together for a whole day. Our relationship greatly improved after that." Unfortunately, the good days did not last, and her mother died before long. Carol said people could learn a lesson from her and treasure the time they have with family.

As for the secrets for a successful entertainment career, Carol said one must know when to grasp the opportunities. In the meantime, working hard and filling a gap (aka the supply-demand ratio of certain types) are also necessary factors. "If you lack one of these, no matter how good your performance is, you will not make it big."

Carol said there was a period when she felt like lost, especially during her early "take whatever project that's offered to me" days. After thinking long and hard about her future, she decided to focus on the variety shows and be an MC. Lui Fong also taught her to let go when necessary, and his carefree disposition had a profound, positive influence on her. Consequently, her life and career saw some really good changes.

http://www.wenweipo....40008&cat=011EN
Credits to Em - http://www.tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/

#14 acel

acel

^_^ little lover

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1159 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 07:12 AM

Dodo is pretty cool...She can act damn well...I love her role in "War of Genders"...it's so funny...She is the greatest MC...is she together with someone name "lui foong"??...

#15 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 04:22 AM

how long she has been with lui fong?
they have any child..?

#16 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 08:02 PM

Wow! Thanks for the info on Carol; it's has been so long since I heard any entertainment news about her. She was definitely among one of the memorable 1980s actresses!

#17 boom-boom

boom-boom

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 01:41 AM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

er.. maybe 'cos she's had plastic surgery?

#18 iCySoUr21

iCySoUr21

aLeX & sHiRlEy

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 07:39 AM

no, she onli had plastic surgery on her eyelids. used to have single eyelids, and now made it to double. she was really pretty at the anniersary. i loved her white gown tat she had on, very pretty

#19 pigduck

pigduck

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 December 2004 - 01:34 PM

i think she did a bit too much plastic surgery over the years.. it doesn't look natural..

but i think she was really pretty in her younger days:) now she's a bit plastic but still a top notch artiste !

#20 Kaney

Kaney

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 03 December 2004 - 07:50 PM

To ladynur1: Nope they are not married..no children.

To pigduck: Are u sure she's done so much plastic surgery? Anyway to prove it? Heard stuff like this, but..hvnt really seen much news about it..

Oh btw, anyone can offer news as to how old Lui Fong is? And how many years they've been together?

Dodo ROX!! ^_^'

Edited by Kaney, 03 December 2004 - 07:51 PM.

#21 ActressStars1

ActressStars1

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 04:14 AM

Hey CAROL(DODO) is really KOOL AND GREAT....BESIDE FROM SHEREN TANG AND MEGAN MULLALLY SHE IS ONE OF THE TOP ACTRESSES I LOVE!!! clapclap
LOVE ALL HER HOSTINGS ON DIFFERENT SHOWS AND LOVE HER ROLE BAK IN WAR OF GENDERS!!! :worship WISH SHE WAS DE ONE WHO TOOK THE ROLE IN TO CATCH THE UNCATCHABLE....THOUGH ADA WAS GOOD, DODO really FITTED FOR THE ROLE ALOT MORE SINCE I TOTALLI LOVE DAYO WONG WITH HER!!! EVEN STILL WATCHING WAR OF GENDERS OVER MAISELF...LIKE THAT SERIES SOO MUCH EVEN AFTER SOME TIME!!! clapclap :worship :wub:

Edited by ActressStars1, 09 March 2006 - 05:12 AM.

#22 Kaney

Kaney

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 05:00 PM

someone out there oughta give her more credits. imagine all that she'd done for her many years struggling in tvb. what's happening to the world. juz because she's taking a break now ain't mean she doesn't exist. why are people nowadays so practical?!

#23 SanYan

SanYan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 01:34 PM

Thought she was absolutely hilarious in Her Fatal Ways. She's still well known on
HK television.

:loool:

#24 Kaney

Kaney

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 05:45 PM

true..still very well-known. she is almost the best female mc in HK. or she already IS the best. anyway, her hosting of "justice for all" (bak fat bak jung) is done very well. she is still her cool self. Wow..she's great.

#25 dumass913

dumass913

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 04:43 AM

I agree. I like her in the "Justice" show too. She can seem mean sometimes, but it's all for the show's sake. She's a great actress and I like when she does interviews with other stars. She seems to ask the right questions. I admire how articulate and strong she is. That is so cool that she has been with Lui Fong for so long.

#26 711

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 09:51 PM

i think she looks better with long striaght black hair... her hairstyle rite now makes her look alot older

#27 Simaz

Simaz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 03:29 PM

i think Carol is a fantastic actress! i love it when she plays the comedic role!
how tall is she?

#28 hlac

hlac

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1724 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 11:19 PM

DoDo Cheng, I like her alot. She's is a great host and a great talker. She looks really good now for her age, like her long hair style now with shorter bangs, makes her look young. Hope she stays with Lui Fong, at least she has a companionship.

#29 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 11:22 PM

i love dodo's shows and movies/series...they're sooooo good!!

is she older than lui fong? or else how come she never admits that they're together?

#30 evilging79

evilging79

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 11:31 PM

Is she still with Lui Fong? It's seems like it's beeen so long. Wow, i didn't know that she was that old now. I haven't seen her in tV for a long time, last time i saw her on TV, she was a host interviewing people. I love her in this one movie w/ Man Ji Lerng, about 2 brothers fighting each other (Lau Man Dai Hung) - but i think she died in the end. IT was so sad

#31 Autumns

Autumns

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 01:48 PM

I like Dodo, i've ever seen many movies of her, she's a great actress. :)

#32 mandy_candy33

mandy_candy33

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1234 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 12:40 AM

Is she still with Lui Fong? It's seems like it's beeen so long.  Wow, i didn't know that she was that old now.  I haven't seen her in tV for a long time, last time i saw her on TV, she was a host interviewing people.  I love her in this one movie w/ Man Ji Lerng, about 2 brothers fighting each other (Lau Man Dai Hung) - but i think she died in the end.  IT was so sad

they still are. Not planning to get marry or have any kids. They both said it in a separate functions

#33 salvatoreferragamo

salvatoreferragamo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 09:36 PM

she is great and talented in hosting...and she is good in keeping fit and young looking

#34 XxMoOmOoxX

XxMoOmOoxX

~_~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 05:11 AM

she use to go out with Hui Siu hung
Posted Image

now shes going out with lui fong...they've been going out for years now...
Posted Image

...i only noticed her in war of genders...she was so funny in that series...sometimes i really think thats how she really is like the character that she portrayed in war of genders...because ive seen how she acts in public (functions, interviews, etc) and in justice for all...

#35 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 05:15 AM

she use to go out with Hui Siu hung
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/XxM...88xX/hiusui.jpg

now shes going out with lui fong...they've been going out for years now...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/XxM.../lui_fong_3.jpg

...i only noticed her in war of genders...she was so funny in that series...sometimes i really think thats how she really is like the character that she portrayed in war of genders...because ive seen how she acts in public (functions, interviews, etc) and in justice for all...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can't believe she went out with hui siu hung!!!!! OH my Gosh!!! Just very shock!!! I like her with lui fong better!

Edited by ttenovy, 22 December 2005 - 09:55 AM.

#36 cheryltan

cheryltan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 05:09 AM

Age is catching up on DoDo but she's still as elegant as ever. I love her series and talk shows. She's very spontaneous indeed and I would clasify her as the HK version of Oprah Winfrey hehe

#37 mandy_candy33

mandy_candy33

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1234 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 02:06 AM

Age is catching up on DoDo but she's still as elegant as ever. I love her series and talk shows. She's very spontaneous indeed and I would clasify her as the HK version of Oprah Winfrey hehe

actually tvb should make a show like oprah, and get dodo to be the host. Think alot of girls and housewives will watch it.

#38 Kaney

Kaney

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 09:37 AM

i'm sorry but is there some mistake here? she never went out with the guy above. she had another boyfriend, no doubt, but not that guy on top. If i'm not wrong it's this modelling/designer guy. not sure which line of job he was in..but not that one. now she's with luifong, loving and happy. yep.

#39 Andy85

Andy85

AF SUPPORTER

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 03:25 PM

i like dodo because i think she is great in chat shows etc. she would say what she thinks without being scared of what she says. i think she is very brave. I really liked here in the chinese edition of weakest link.

#40 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 10:13 PM

she is like 49 now but i think now she is prettier than she was young , we can see in TVB 38