faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 08:18 AM

TVB 2009 Calender_May
Selena Li, Shirley Yeung, Yoyo Mung, Chris Lai, Kenneth Ma

-live urls are not allowed in your usergroup-

OMG. If you don't zoom in on the pic and just view it like that, he resembles Eric Li o.o

#242 evodrift

evodrift

Anything@TVB

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6232 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 10:44 PM

TVB Calender 2009_Filming & comments on Scoop

credit: xxxxxxxxxxxxx43734 @youtube

#243 evodrift

evodrift

Anything@TVB

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6232 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 12:49 AM

Lok Yi attending Myolie's concert in Macau

Posted Image

Posted Image

credit: lovebosco.net

#244 evodrift

evodrift

Anything@TVB

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6232 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 07:11 PM

Scoop [东张西望] year end entertainment roundup
27 Dec, 2008

The clip contains promos, interviews, dinners from the show Moonlight Resonnance
near end of the clip, Suzanna tease Ray w regards to Linda

MR on scoop - Year end roundup

credit: tudou

#245 evodrift

evodrift

Anything@TVB

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6232 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 10:19 PM

scans from TVB Weekly vol. 601

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

credit: bowielam.org

#246 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15337 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 03:51 PM

Chris Lai likes to communicate with little girls
Source: On.cc
Translated by: Matchbox @ mediachamber.net
If you repost this article you must repost the whole article and no editing.
Thankyou for your co-operation.

Posted Image

Chris Lai attended a shopping mall event earlier and performed with a group of children. Chris sang while the children demonstrated their dancing. Afterwards, Chris stated that he likes to communicate with little girls. He laughed and said perhaps it's due to the attraction of the opposite sex. "Actually I am ok communicating with children. If they are naive and cute children then it's even better."

Asked Chris if he plans to have his own children? He shook his head "I have never considered that because I am worried I won't be able to raise and teach the child well. I am someone who gets easily nervous. If I have a son I will worry that he will turn bad. If I have a daughter I will also be worried someone will cheat on her. That is why I have no guts to have my own." (Has you family rushed you to have children?) "No, I have 3 brothers. My elder brother is already married. If my mother wants to have grandchildren it's not that difficult."

#247 s a r a h

s a r a h

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3738 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 11:17 AM

Artiste wishes you a Happy new year of the OX

#248 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15337 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:51 AM

Posted Image Posted Image

Source: http://the-sun.on.cc/ and http://orientaldaily.on.cc/
Translated by travelbug @ http://asianfanatics.net

Linda Chung, Moses Chan, Selena Li and Chris Lai get together for 開年飯 (hoi nin faan, an abundant meal eaten on the second day of Lunar New Year) with advertiser executive, they hope for continuous work and the economy to recover in the Year of the Ox.

Of all the holidays, Linda, Moses, Selena and Chris all said they like Lunar New Year the best, not only because they can receive 'red packets' but can gather with their family to eat delicious food and also enjoy family love and care. The four of them are very particular about 'hoi nin faan', they think delicacies like shark's fin, sea cucumber and abalone (鮑參翅肚) should be included, since these have the implied meaning of a new and good beginning for the coming year.

Linda said: "Every 年初一 (first day of the Lunar New Year) my family walks around our garden three times and hopes this will bring lots of good luck. On the second day we have 'hoi nin faan' together, my mother always cooks many dishes especially fish, since it symbolizes 年年有餘 (魚/fish is a homonym for 餘, 年年有餘 = have a surplus every year).

Selena and Chris think 'hoi nin faan' must have 髮菜蠔豉 (black moss and dried oyster) because they have the implied meaning of 發財好巿 (strike it rich and good market). Selena said: "I hope the economy can recover in the Year of the Ox, everyone can have shark's fin with rice!" Chris said every year he has 'hoi nin faan' with his manager and also 契姐 (god-sister) Yoyo Mung, so he has 'hoi nin faan' several times. As for Moses, he said every Lunar New Year he eats a lot. He thinks 'hoi nin faan' must have Chinese mushrooms and said: "Because I love to eat them, the big ones are the best."

#249 lailokyifans26

lailokyifans26

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:55 PM

I love chris lai when he acted in ten brothers.....Now currently watching Always ready in singapore eps 8 love him and shirley,their sooo cute together!! :lol: :lol:

#250 little.glitter

little.glitter

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 10:59 PM

So I just downloaded the My Pide song, that was sang by Ron, Lai lok Yi, and Sammuel. Has anyone heard it? I'm curious to know which is his voice. I can distinguish which part is Ron, but not Lok yi or Sammuel. At any rate, I didn't kow that Lok Yi can sing! I wish he had an English website, hopefully his fan base will get bigger and TVB will see that and promote him more.

i know its 3 years now, but can you send me the "my pride" song too if you still have it?please
thanks
send to : asian1892@gmail.com

#251 「kahing ♥」

「kahing ♥」

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 12:21 AM

Hey, Lok Yi was in Charlene's TVB MV for "I'm Sorry", they actually look quite cute together, except they didn't have that many scenes together.

#252 AHSA'sVIP

AHSA'sVIP

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9788 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 12:51 AM

I have always liked him since Heart of Fencing, hope to see him more.

#253 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37249 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:50 PM

Chris Lai is in a rush to build muscles fast
Wednesday May 20, 2009 Hong Kong
Source: The Sun
Translated by: Matchbox @ http://mediachamber.net

Posted Image

Chris Lai will be entering the movie industry and appearing in a new movie invested by Dennis Law. He will play the role of Bernice Liu's brother and part of a triad member family. There will be many martial art fighting scenes too. Chris stated that recently he has been frequently practising his moves. He will change his innocent image by growing his hair long and getting a dark tan. He has also been going to the gym to build muscles, in order to achieve a tough aggressive image. It is very hard work as he needs to lift heavy weights every day and eat nutritious Foods.

#254 Kimmers

Kimmers

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 07:44 PM

Chris Lai is in a rush to build muscles fast
Wednesday May 20, 2009 Hong Kong
Source: The Sun

Chris Lai will be entering the movie industry and appearing in a new movie invested by Dennis Law. He will play the role of Bernice Liu's brother and part of a triad member family. There will be many martial art fighting scenes too. Chris stated that recently he has been frequently practising his moves. He will change his innocent image by growing his hair long and getting a dark tan. He has also been going to the gym to build muscles, in order to achieve a tough aggressive image. It is very hard work as he needs to lift heavy weights every day and eat nutritious Foods.

I can't imagine how much hotter he'll get. :P I'm glad that his career is progressing...it was almost frozen before.

Edited by Kimmers, 20 May 2009 - 07:44 PM.

#255 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37249 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 05:44 PM

Chris Lai will use Sean Lau as his target in his movie career
Friday June 5, 2009 Hong Kong

Chris Lai has jumped from the smal screen to the big screen. Since shooting movie "所有夢想都開花" in Mainland he has recently been collaborating with Simon Yam and Nick Cheung in shooting new movie "滅門". Stepoing in the movie industry for the first time, Chris felt that it was very refreshing. He stated that he hopes to use Sean Lau as his target.

Chris said "I have learned a lot of things since my movie debut. I feel that there is a big difference between shooting a TV series and a movie. A movie is more detailed, that's why t's much more harder to remember the lines." (What goal do you have in the movie industry?) "I have always worked hard. I hope to build the foundations, just like Sean Lau. His acting is perfect because he has set the foundation. Combining his experience and professional talent." As for working with Simon Yam for the first time, Chris will use this opprtunity to learn from him.

#256 Successor

Successor

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 02:13 AM

Just watch Chris Lai on Heart of greed....Find that he has the potential to fight with the other handsome guys in TVB like Raymond, Ron and etc....

#257 windcaster

windcaster

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 05:16 AM

馮 仁 昭 四 圍 超 : 馬 國 明 同 徐 子 珊 撻 唔 著
Spoiler

Edited by kei_chan06, 16 March 2010 - 12:36 AM.
keep non-English content in spoiler tags.

#258 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37249 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 02:18 AM

Chris Lai will not avoid Tavia Yeung
Thursday December 3, 2009 Hong Kong
PLEASE CREDIT ME AND MY SITE IF REPOSTED. THANK YOU.
Translation to jessie @ http://jessie1314.blogspot.com
Source : Oriental Daily

Posted Image

Chris Lai was rumoured dating with Tavia Yeung. He laughed and explained that all the pictures were actually taken when they were filming series last time. He is close with Tavia Yeung and the family in the series and he always go out for meals with Linda Chung, Fala Chen, Claire Yiu and other female friends. He said, “I will not avoid her. This is not something that I should hide. (How is your relationship with her?) I will place my career at the first place.” Tavia Yeung's sister Griselda Yeung came back to work after her postnatal. When asked whether she has confidence on her sister to win Best Actress award, she laughed and said that Sheren Tang and Charmaine Sheh did pretty well too.

#259 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37249 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:53 PM

Sharon Chan and Chris Lai reveal that the entertainment circle only has healthy competition
Monday January 11, 2010 Hong Kong
Translated by: matchbox @ http://illusive-sere....forumotion.net

TVB series "Beauty of the Game" talks about TV stars doing bad things to one another in order to be the best. Reflecting the dark side of the entertainment circle. Sharon Chan and Chris Lai both feel that the circle isn't as bad as people think. Sharon stated that the current Fa Dan's are good friends. There is only healthy competition and no such thing as competing to be the best.

In the series Sharon portrays a drug addict actress who competes with Kate Tsui and Christine Ng. Sharon expressed that she has never encountered incidents from the series in real life. She said "I don't think the entertainment circle is that complicated. My life does not contain the words "Don't get along" because I feel if something is wrong we should discuss it". (Which industry is most complicated?) "I hear that movie and music industries have the most social events. The TV industry rarely has night life". (Is the Fa Dan competition very big?) "It's healthy competition, currently the Fa Dan's are very playful, such as Tavia Yeung and Myolie Wu. We have a lot of fun and we encourage each other and are very happy".

Chris Lai feels that the entertainment circle isn't the only industry that is complicated. He said "I have had many jobs, such as working in a book store, bank and then working in the entertainment circle. I feel that the entertainment circle is most simple compared to the others. A lot of the time you need connections however the audience can see things clearly and fairly. Just like Wayne Lai (Chai Gao) he performed very natural and the audience supports that".

In addition, the pair play a couple in the series, will they also choose to date someone from the entertainment industry? Sharon said "If I choose someone from the industry I would choose Kenneth Ma and Chris Lai because they are more innocent compared to other guys. They also take care of their parents. But I rather not choose someone from the industry because I don't want to talk about work while we are dating". Chris doesn't mind whether they are within the industry or not, most important is that she is easy going and understands him.

#260 livia208

livia208

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:43 PM

not really a big fan of Lai Lok Yi... but after reading all u guys post about saying how much u like him and stuff... now make me like him too lol....... the first time i saw him was in heart of facing... and i loved that series so much..... and in heart of greed... i felt so bad for him how his mother was being so mean and stuff and when Lai Lok Yi cried i almost came to tear too.. his acting really improved... i wonder if he will come to vancouver canada i want to meet him now lol

this was the scene from heart of greed that made me feel so sad for lai lok yi ...

http://www.tudou.com...ew/Us2P4SGfVo0/

Edited by livia208, 14 January 2010 - 10:50 PM.

#261 linea

linea

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1241 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 11:35 PM

View My Video

#262 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37249 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 02:26 AM

Chris Lai "a small potato" with great wisdom
Friday October 22, 2010 Hong Kong
Source: Mingpao
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums/

In TVB series Every Move You Make, audiences' the main focus is on the mind reading "Yiu Sir" Bowie Lam or the crime investigations. But how many people noticed the impulsive "Chow Fun" Bosco Wong or "Ah Hei" Chris Lai? In the character introductions, Ah Hei is only described to have mediocre intelligence and is a flatterer. Chris is responsible to make the most of this "small potato".

Chris entered the industry in 2003, he was once one of the 'heavily promoted' young stars alongside Raymond Lam, Bosco Wong and Ron Ng. But, he had little luck and lack of opportunities, so his roles do not leave a deep impression. Receiving the script for Every Move You Make, Chris makes a strong effort in portraying the "80s after" younger generation role: "I paid attention to the young people around me, how they usually talk or sit. They don't pay attention to how their words comes out, like for example "Yes lor", "Like this lor" and they don't sit properly on the seat, they have to lean or lay on the seat. When portraying this role, I added these little movements and the catchphrases, to make the character more three dimensional."

Chris claims that the "80s after" generation are "little kids", but in fact he is born in 1980 and is considered part of the 80s after generation. "I am not like them. I have suffered from being poor before, I only played with my neighbor by running up to the mountain. Because my dad was ill, he passed away early in my life, my mom had it difficult. If my brother and I wanted to buy something, we have to work part-time. Besides tutoring, I have also worked in the supermarket."

Refuses to start rumors to get attention on the news

Not the type who is playful or go out late at nights, his good friend is Ekin Cheng. Chris has been labeled as a loner and someone not positive. "I don't like to go out at night, but instead Ekin and I like to enjoy a cup of red wine at home, chat all night. I like to go wakeboarding, scuba diving and badminton....actually I am the most playful one. The public misunderstood me, setting their minds to think I'm those types that don't worry about life, or even those lazy people. Actually, I just don't want to start rumors and do things to get in the limelight. Male actors tend to be in acting longer, like Wayne Lai's experience. We all know he's a good actor, but he's just waiting for the right opportunities. The 'Chai Gau' role is brought out by his life experience. I hope my value in the news is from my good series and roles, and not about dragging a female artist into the news to stir up rumors."

Don't mind being labeled as the "奀茄" (little man)

Chris rarely has any rumors with the female stars. Before Ekin and Yoyo Mung's relationship exposed, he was misunderstood to be in a 'sister-brother love' with Yoyo. Another time that made people around him feel that he's being humiliated was because of last year he became popular with Tavia Yeung in Beyond the Realm of Conscience. It was reported that Tavia secretly connected with "little man" Chris. Chris said the name "little man" came up because of him. In reality, he and Tavia are very good friends, she wanted to buy a camera, so he accompanied her to buy one. This resulted in the reports that 'Tavia secretly connects with the "little man"'. The little man (奀茄) name doesn't affect me too much because being in this industry for so long, I know the rules of he game. The report needed a talking point, I responded 'Then I'll work harder and hope to get rid of the little man label.' This incident troubled my mom too, she was very worried, I told her not to buy the magazines and it be fine." (TN: 奀茄 literally means "tiny eggplant")

Peaceful, no murderous look

"There are ups and downs to life, won't be in the high end period for long. During the down times, just calm down and reflect. Because of Ekin Cheng, I met Sean Lau, he said to first do your best on your part, then think about other things. Every person has a different image, Raymond Lam is the wealthy prince, Ron Ng is the cool type and Bosco Wong brings a bad boy feeling. As for me....I'll go down the peaceful path, no murderous path for me. I chose this path, it's difficult, but I can accept it."

#263 dvd123

dvd123

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1491 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 02:55 AM

^ Oooh, I really like this article. Lok Yi seems very down-to-earth. I especially like this part:

During the down times, just calm down and reflect. Because of Ekin Cheng, I met Sean Lau, he said to first do your best on your part, then think about other things. Every person has a different image, .... As for me....I'll go down the peaceful path, no murderous path for me. I chose this path, it's difficult, but I can accept it."

He seems to understand where he stands and is content. The path he chose suffices him. I think his perspective is pretty similar to Tavia's. I can see how they're good friends.
He's pretty good-looking and I'm fairly certain that he's taller than Raymond, Ron, and Bosco. :P

#264 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37249 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 09:55 PM

Lai Lok Yi Boosts Masculinity, Hoping to Reach New Career Heights
Thursday April 21, 2011 Hong Kong
Credits: to Jayne @ http://www.jaynestars.com

Posted Image

Turning 30-years-old, Lai Lok Yi said he was not in a rush to date. However, he was full of aspirations in his career. He hoped to increase his masculinity as he aged and looked towards Moses Chan Ho as his goal, hoping to become a first-line actor!

Lai Lok Yi and former Mr. Hong Kong, Hui Ka Kit, represented TVB to participate in the Strictly Come Dancing 3 <舞動奇迹3>competition in Changsha. Although he did not know how to dance, Lok Yi bravely faced the challenge ahead. “I just know Nancy Sit's frequently used ten dance steps. However, I am not worried. When I arrive, there will be professional dance instructors to learn from.”

Hoping Reach New Career Heights

Since numerous TVB artists were leaving the company, 30-year-old Lai Lok Yi admitted that he had a quickened desire to “slip into position.” He hoped to boost his masculine look as he grew older and achieve new heights in his career. “Who does not want to become a lead actor? The higher your position is, you can choose better roles. However, men have to reach a certain age before they have a masculine feel. Not everyone is as handsome as Raymond Lam Fung. I just turned 30-years-old. Hopefully, in the future, I can be as successful as Moses Chan.”

Denied Dating Toby Chan
Regarding his love life, Lok Yi revealed that he recently broke up with a girlfriend outside the entertainment industry. Allegedly, Lok Yi was spotted on an ice cream date with Miss Hong Kong 2010 winner, Toby Chan Ting Yan in the Stanley district. Lok Yi joked that he was a non-romantic person and often dined in the Stanley district. “I often have dinner withEkin Cheng and Yoyo Mung Ka Wai in the Stanley area. Since the area is not very crowded, it is very suitable for artists and the prices are not very expensive.”

Lok Yi noted that he was only ordinary friends with Toby Chan, however he did not stifle the possibility of developing the relationship further. “I do not know if she has a boyfriend or not. How about you ask her? If I am dating, there is no need to lie. Right now, I am not dating.”

#265 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37249 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:41 PM

Lai Lok Yi: “Tavia Yeung And I Are Not Lovers Yet”
Monday July 25, 2011 Hong Kong

Posted Image

Hong Kong tabloids claimed that Tavia Yeung (楊怡)and Lai Lok Yi (黎諾懿) turned from friends to lovers. Allegedly, Lai Lok Yi frequently had dinner at Tavia's house and knew her mother very well. Tabloids claimed that Lok Yi possessed a resident card at Tavia's apartment building and was free to come and go as he pleased. In addition, he and Tavia shared the same parking space.

While filming ATF Counter Terrorism Unit < ATF反恐>, reporters asked Lai Lok Yi about his romantic rumors with Tavia. Lok Yi noted that he knew Tavia's family very well and often had dinner with them. He stressed that he was currently not dating Tavia, but possessed very good feelings towards her. Since the future was unpredictable, he did not eliminate the possibility that they may become lovers in the future. Regarding the use of Tavia's parking space, Lok Yi explained that Tavia's car broke down and he temporarily borrowed the space.

#266 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37249 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:08 AM

Dumped by Tavia Yeung, Lai Lok Yi Dates Busty Heiress
Sunday February 12, 2012 Hong Kong

Posted Image

"Actress Guardian Angel” (姐仔观音兵) 31-year-old, Lai Lok Yi, was able to win over Theresa Fu (傅颖)、Emme Wong (黄伊汶)、Mandy Cho (曹敏莉) and Toby Chan (陈庭欣) in the past despite his low monthly salary of $20,000 HKD. Last year, Lai Lok Yi even brought first-line TVB fadan, Tavia Yeung (杨怡), into his hands, frequenting her house for meals and even sharing her parking space.

However, Lok Yi and Tavia's relationship may not have lasted long. After filming The Hippocratic Crush <On Call 36小时>, Tavia and muscular co-star, Him Law (罗仲谦), allegedly ignited romantic sparks. Tavia and Him Law were spotted on going out together on several occasions. As a result, Tavia broke off from Lok Yi.

Lai Lok Yi's New Girlfriend, Nicole Li

Posted Image

It took Lok Yi less than six months to settle down his hurt feelings, before successfully pursuing busty heiress and 2007 Miss Hong Kong participant, Nicole Li (李潔瑩). Lok Yi was even spotted driving Nicole's car as if it were his own vehicle! When caught by reporters in the car, the pair appeared embarrassed, with Nicole smiling awkwardly!

It was understood that after the 2007 Miss Hong Kong Pageant ended, Nicole continued to remain in contact with Second Runner-up, Loretta Chow (周美欣), who introduced her to Lai Lok Yi. Shortly afterward, Nicole's heart was won over by the 6-feet-1-inch handsome and highly attentive, Lok Yi.

An insider revealed, “Lai Lok Yi always spoke softly to Nicole and took into account her feelings in every matter. Nicole's heart has been completely won over. He was an expert in letting Nicole pay the bills. Earlier, when Lok Yi complained that he was having car trouble, Nicole let him drive her Mercedes-Benz. She gave him many gifts, such as clothes and even paid for his living expenses!”

Allegedly, Nicole gave up living in her family luxury house, moving into Lok Yi's house in Sai Kung instead. Earlier in December, Nicole was spotted spending the night at Lok Yi's house. In the morning, Lok Yi and Nicole drove their cars separately one after the other exiting Lok Yi's residence. Furthermore, Nicole's Mercedes-Benz car was spotted parked in front of Lok Yi's residence for the entire day on one occasion.

The Li Family's Incredible Wealth

Nicole Li came from a wealthy background, in which her parents owned a beauty corporation, with numerous subsidiaries, including 5 “Dr. Renew” skincare clinics, as well as 16 other beauty centers. The Li family's assets were valued over $100 million HKD. One of the beauty centers was managed by Nicole, who assumed the title of General Manager for her family beauty corporation. The Li family resided in a $40 million HKD $3,395 square feet luxury home in Ho Man Tin.

Excerpt from 21CN.com

#267 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37249 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:06 AM

Lai Lok Yi refuses to rely on girlfriend
Friday May 24, 2013 Hong Kong
Source: http://my.entertainm...-023018830.html

Posted Image

He may have a wealthy girlfriend, but "Come Home Love" actor Lai Lok Yi is not one to rely financially on the woman that he loves.

Jayne Stars reported that at an event organised by Wai Yin Association, Lai Lok Yi's beauty heiress girlfriend, Nicole Lee revealed that the actor vowed to provide for her with his own money.

When asked to evaluate her boyfriend, the former beauty queen thoughtfully gave Lok Yi 99 points.

Nicole, who is set to inherit her family's business worth HKD 500 million, enthused, "I won't have to [assist him financially] because he is a really smart guy. He also likes to be manly and hates relying on others!"

It was revealed that the actor has always been very modest in his lifestyle. After the death of his father due to cancer, Lok Yi and his two brothers were raised single-handedly by their mother who worked as a janitor.

A source stated, "Growing up poor taught Lok Yi the importance of financial security. It moulded him into a responsible adult. That is why despite having a millionaire girlfriend; Lok Yi wants to give Nicole a comfortable life with his own money."

After Lok Yi and Nicole publicly admitted to their relationship last year, the actor recently announced his plans to marry the former beauty queen after filming ends and has been working hard to save up for the wedding.

#268 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37249 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:49 AM

Lai Lok Yi involved in an accident
Thursday August 8, 2013 Hong Kong
Source: http://my.entertainm...-164113123.html

Posted Image

"Come Home Love" actor, Lai Lok Yi, has been involved in an accident with a taxi recently.

According to Apple Daily, accompanied by his girlfriend Nicole Lee, the actor was on his way to meet his mother on the morning of 4 August when a taxi rammed into the back of his car and damaged the bumper.

"We were in Pak Sha Wan area when the taxi hit us. It was moving very fast at the time. Though I have stopped, the other driver may have failed to push the brakes and hit us," the actor disclosed.

Luckily, no injury was reported and Lai has already filed a report with the police. He also shared the news and uploaded a picture on Weibo, stating, "This morning's unexpected disaster. [My car's] butt was violently kissed by [this] taxi driver. The good news out of all of this is that everyone is fine."

He added that it may take him around HKD 18,000 to 20,000 to repair the damages.

#269 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37249 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:33 AM

Lai Lok Yi to marry this year
Tuesday January 7, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: http://my.entertainm...-084300251.html

Posted Image

TVB's "Come Home Love" leading man, Lai Lok Yi revealed that he will finally be marrying his girlfriend of four years, Nicole Lee this year.

As reported on HK Channel, the actor was recently spotted shopping at a home decor store with his lady love in Causeway Bay, sparking rumours of a wedding in the near future.

When asked to address the rumour, Lai admitted that they are planning an intimate destination wedding and subsequently will hold another banquet in Hong Kong.

Meanwhile, it was previously rumoured that due to its popularity and commendable ratings, TVB is planning to extend "Come Home Love" to more episodes.

When asked if the extension will be affecting his wedding plans, Lai stated, "It may just be a rumour, maybe not. But the fact is that the filming will probably continue until the World Cup season in July. But the wedding is planned for the end of the year, so we will have enough time to prepare."

"If there are additional episodes by then, I will have to think about it," the actor added.

#270 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37249 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:10 AM

Lai Lok Yi wants to give wife the very best

Wednesday November 12, 2014 Hong Kong

Source: https://my.entertain...-040600325.html

14vqn8k.jpg

TVB actor Lai Lok Yi has recently tied the knot with wealthy girlfriend of four years, Nicole Lee.

According to Mingpao News, the actor, whose relationship to the beauty heiress was met with lots of criticism previously due to their different financial status, said that he is psychologically ready to accept the challenges that will come his way.

"I may be poor in terms of money, but I am making efforts to close the gap," he said, adding that he is determined to take care of his wife with his own hard work.

Asked if his parents-in-law are affected by reports saying that Nicole is far superior than her husband, Lai said, "My wife and her family understand that people will write whatever they want. But it will motivate me more to be successful."

"Time will tell," said his wife, Nicole.

The "Come Home Love" star shared that his wife plans to go on a vacation to Australia for a month. In regard to children, the actor said that they will let nature take its course.

Among celebrities who attended the wedding in Parkview include Linda Chung, Moses Chan, Mandy Cho, Ekin Cheng and wife Yoyo Mung, Christine Ng, and Florence Kwok.

Linda, who has known Lai for a decade, praised the actor as a good man and said that the newlyweds are perfect for each other.

#271 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37249 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 10:52 PM

Chris Lai Lok Yi marries millionaire girlfriend, Nicole Lee

Friday November 14, 2014 Hong Kong

Source: HKCNA / SingTao

Translation to Chloe @ www.asianeu.net/forums

13ymoee.jpg w8kowy.jpg ao2nu9.jpg ao2nu9.jpg 2e64sag.jpg 2dcfo90.jpg

Chris Lai and 2 year girlfriend, Nicole Lee, who participated in the Miss Hong Kong Pageant a few years back, finally got married on the 11th of November. They held a 24 table banquet at Hong Kong Parkview. However, even until today, since the beginning of the relationship, there were always negative news surrounding the pair, as Nicole is the heiress of her father's 500 million dollar company, while Chris' financial situation is far off compared to that. Chris could only bear with the news, but he used action to prove himself, as the wedding fees were all paid by him this time. Asked if they will hurry and try to have a baby after marriage, the couple expressed: "Not yet, two person world first!" 

In the afternoon, Chris Lai and his bride, Nicole Lee, met the media in their wedding outfits. The bride wore a 5 carat diamond necklace with earrings, looking extremely elegant. When the two took photos for the media, they posed and kissed sweetly twice as requested by the reporters. Chris revealed that when he read his vows, he kept stumbling, which his wife laughed at him for. 

Asked how much the wedding cost, Chris replied that it is a secret: "The most important is that my wife is happy. The bill hasn't been given to me yet." The bride, Nicole Lee, added: "We haven't swiped the card yet, we will pay tonight." Asked who is responsible for paying, Chris said: "I am paying for everything." 

The car used to pick up the bride on their wedding day was not under the groom's name. Chris expressed that the car is his father-in-law's. As for reports saying that Chris is "marrying into" the Lee family, he helplessly said: "Can't do anything about it. I will have to respond to tomorrow's news. It's okay as long as me, my wife and our family understands. We also understand that there is disparity in our wealth, but I will work hard and pull the distance closer. Hopefully time will prove everything." Asked about the rumours of the female side buying a house for him, Chris revealed that after marriage, he and his wife will be living in his village house in Tai Po. The main reason is so that it is convenient for him to go to work and film for "Come Home Love". They will not move into the new house that has just been renovated in Yuen Long yet. They will wait for "Come Home Love" until next June and then consider to move in. Although he just got married, he only took a 3 day break; therefore the honeymoon will have to wait until he finishes work. However, they have already planned a one month long trip to Australia to enjoy their alone time. Speaking of the couple's relationship being "the woman is above he man" (due to their wealth difference), Chris honestly said: "It's not a problem as long as the female side understands. I will continue to work hard and earn money. I've always had a good relationship with my wife's family. They see me as their own son too." 

The eight groomsmen on the big night included actors, Ekin Cheng, Wong Yi Man and Patrick Tang. Celebrity guests included Linda Chung, Joey Law, Lisa Chong, Roxanne Tong, Yoyo Mung, Moses Chan, Sharon Chan, Christine Ng, etc. Linda Chung expressed that back then, she and Chris Lai were also part of "TVB 12 Stars". They've known each other and grown together for 10 years. Witnessing the moment of him getting married, she was touched to tears. 

Yesterday, Chris accepted a phone interview and expressed: "Really need to thank my wife. The wedding banquet was decorated very nicely, in a fantasy theme. Everyone had a great time. (Did groomsmen, Ekin Cheng and Patrick Tang sing to lift up the atmosphere?) I wanted them to sing too! But in the end, I sang "Only Love You This Lifetime", so instead, they became my human metronome." His wife, Nicole, also sang; singing a song for their two mothers. She became so touched that she cried while she sang.

#272 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37249 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 02:28 AM

Lai Lok Yi wins HKD 1 million

Friday November 21, 2014 Hong Kong

Source: https://my.entertain...-060200901.html

30kuhlh.jpg

"Come Home Love" star Lai Lok Yi should be thanking his lucky star. After marrying beauty heiress Nicole Lee last week, the TVB actor has now won the ultimate prize of HKD 1 million (approximately USD 128,932) from the TVB Anniversary Gala's Lucky Draw.

As reported on Mingpao News, the actor, who was smiling brightly as he accepted his prize, said that this is the first time he has won a lucky draw in his 11 years with TVB.

"This is a bonus. It will cover the difference from the cost of the wedding earlier," he jokingly said.

When asked what he will do with the money, the actor replied, "I will hand it over to the wife. She is smart when it comes to managing the finances."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lai lok yi

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users