AF needs funding again

- - - - -

Cherrie Ying Choi Yi (应采儿)

cherrie ying ying choi yi

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
94 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_^G^Y^_^_*

Guest_^G^Y^_^_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2004 - 01:48 PM

Posted Image
Cherrie Ying ( Ying Choi Yee)
Actress
Born: June 20th, 1983
Languages: Chinese, English

Newcomer Cherrie Ying Choi Yi has had supporting roles in several high profile Hong Kong film. After graduating from high school in New York, Cherrie auditioned for Chinastar and was instantly cast in the summer 2001 blockbuster Fulltime Killer.
The majority of her scenes, in which she played an Interpol officer, were with Simon Yam, though her dialogue was inexplicably dubbed with a thick British accent. Cherrie has since appeared in two other Johnnie To / Wai Kai Fai productions, and has begun to take advertising assignments as well. With so many opportunities coming her way, this cheerful actress is definitely a face to watch.

Cherrie Ying Filmography

2001 Fulltime Killer
2001 Dance of a Dream
2001 Fat Choi Spirit
2002 Visible Secret II
2002 My Left Eye Sees Ghosts
2002 The Wall
2002 Black Mask 2: City of Masks *
2003 Why Me Sweetie?!
2003 Naked Ambition

Edited by Zyphere, 27 November 2005 - 06:41 PM.

#2 Guest_^G^Y^_^_*

Guest_^G^Y^_^_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2004 - 03:03 AM

Ya cute, preety and talented ! Did u see Cherrie latest movie (naked ambition) ?  :wub:

Why Me Sweetie ?
Starring:
Louis Koo
Cherrie Ying

info from yesasia.com
Irresistible heartbreaker Louis Koo and charming Cherrie Ying star in this riveting comedy!
Ding Ding (Cherrie Ying) is an overseas Chinese born in the US who goes to Beijing to study performing arts. While the lively girl tries to help a classmate find her lover she runs through the streets of Beijing and stumbles into A Dang (Louis Koo), which starts a romantic affair.

A Dang has been in Beijing for quite a while and is the owner of a cake & coffee shop. He was terribly in love with a girl before but an unforeseeable accident took her away from him. After a while A Dang completely forgets his old girlfriend and his friend doctor Cheng's analysis is that he has forgotten her in order to stop the unbearable pain of loss. However, now Ding Ding causes A Dang to have memory blackouts and doctor Cheng once more explains that this is because Ding Ding's outer appearance is very similar to A Dang's earlier girl friend.

Ding Ding and doctor Cheng invent a plan to cure A Dang of his disease by faking a situation during which Ding Ding seems to faint. Is this trick good enough to free A Dang from his long-time illness?

a stupid movie yet cute... don't ask me y.. just watch it n see

DM|Hero

#3 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 02:00 AM

i've seen Why Me, Sweetie?
Naked Ambition
and Visible Secret II
i wanna see more movies of her & louis. =)
she's sooo prettiee hehehe.

#4 Mabe

Mabe

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 11:14 AM

u should watch 'left eye sees ghost'.. she isnt in it alot but thats i good film! ;)
she is also in a new film now which starrs louis and aaron! oh yeh and she was recenly in 'itchy hearts' with sean lau and carina lau!
i think cherrie is 1 of the prettiest girls EVER! lol its true i think she is very cute and pretty :P

#5 MagicSwallow

MagicSwallow

Asian Ent. Fanatic

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 05:13 AM

here are two magazine covers with Cherrie ^__^

Maxim:
Posted Image

and

Fashion and Beauty Weekly:

Posted Image

#6 kyokofukada8888

kyokofukada8888

.l. (-_-) .l.

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 09:46 PM

ya shes pretty cute

i liked her best in

2001 Fat Choi Spirit
2002 My Left Eye Sees Ghosts
2003 Why Me Sweetie?!

#7 MagicSwallow

MagicSwallow

Asian Ent. Fanatic

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 03:40 AM

lol,

yea, cherrie was on the cover of maxim. too bad i couldn't find any picture from that magazine. now that i realize it, she's actually quite young but has a pretty good career from whati can see!

i also noticed her catonese is improving. when i watched Why Me, Sweetie? i could hardly understand her. i think she did quite a few movies with small roles, but i'm hoping she can take on more different roles :)

#8 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 10:02 AM

does any1 has that maxim cover pix?? i want to see it.... she's awesome... both looks and acting =)

#9 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 04:06 AM

those are great magazine covers of her! she looks absolutely fantastic. does anyone have the pictures from the maxim magazine?

#10 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 12:02 AM

Louis Koo has been busy filming commercials lately. Attending a public event with Niki Chow last night, he said he read in the papers that the average longevity of Hong Kongers is the third highest in the world. He added it wasn't his goal to be 100 years old one day. He will be happy enough if he reaches 80.

Louis started filming a new Johnnie To movie two days ago. Other cast members of the film include Nick Cheung, Tony Leung (Ka Fai), Gordon Lam and Cherrie Ying. The film will have two parts, and Louis plays a courteous peace lover with a college degree. This character is very different from what he has tried before.

It is said that Louis may soon leave TVB after his contract expires. Asked about it last night, Louis said his contract would expire by the end of the year, and TVB did contact him for a possible renewal. "I did not ask for a better salary, nor did I ask to stay away from ancient serials. The main problem was how long I would be bound by the contract. My last one was five years. I hope the new can be cut to two years. The company wants me to shoot one serial next year."Louis said.

As for the rumors that he will start his own company and he wants Ronnie to be his manager again, Louis says he wants to settle his contract with TVB first, and there is no time to think about other stuff right now. He stresses he did have a pleasant time working with Ronnie when he was still in TVB. Why didn't he ask Ronnie to stay? Louis said he had a discussion with Ronnie, but Ronnie made up his mind to leave TVB and see the outside world.

http://www.takungpao...4/UL-313393.htm

credits to http://www.tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/

#11 rebt

rebt

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 07:00 AM

cherrie is so cute
she has a lot of minor roles in movies
hope she gets the lead role soon
shes quite good

#12 OMGWTFBBQ

OMGWTFBBQ

I'm Rick James, B!tch

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 09:55 AM

Just finishing watching itchy heart and she was so hot in it. Too bad nobody has those pictures of her in maxim

#13 MagicSwallow

MagicSwallow

Asian Ent. Fanatic

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 05:14 PM

thanks for the news.

so cherrie's in another movie with LOUIS again? i love the couple, but i do think it's getting a little tedious now blush

i'm hoping she can pair up with other co-stars, but that's cool. as long as she's doing more movies i'm happy! :D

#14 Guest_Hugsnkis321_*

Guest_Hugsnkis321_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2004 - 05:37 AM

Cherrie is 1 of my fav young HK actress. She is 1 cute lil apple-pie. It is always a pleasure 2 watch Cherrie onscreen c0z there's just something refreshing about her. maybe it's b/c of her adorable, cutie-pie smile :) oh n i luv watchin how her face mutate in2 various expressions…just simply adorable!

Cherrie is cute and sexy!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i agree, Cherrie could be cute N sexy at the same time...which is great :D

Edited by Hugsnkis321, 03 January 2005 - 03:49 AM.

#15 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 06:49 PM

i think she is so nice and cute , i love them to bits !!! hope they will have more chances and plys more interesting roles

#16 shatteredsouls

shatteredsouls

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1350 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 09:10 AM

yah,i also notice cherrie ying and think she has potential.she's really pretty! i want 2 see "Why me sweetie" but i didn't buy or rent,can't seems 2 get hold of it,any ideas,friends? blush

#17 Guest_Hugsnkis321_*

Guest_Hugsnkis321_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2004 - 01:45 AM

is she taiwanese? she has an accent when she speaks....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes, Cherrie born in Taiwan, so i guess that makes her a Taiwanese.
she can speak Mandarin very fluently, but not Canto, thatz y she has an accent when she speak it...but hey, i think her accent is cute :)

Edited by Hugsnkis321, 03 January 2005 - 03:51 AM.

#18 shatteredsouls

shatteredsouls

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1350 posts

Posted 04 December 2004 - 08:03 AM

U know...i feel that she and niki chow look VERY alike...is it just me or what? :huh: nobody answering me..."why me sweetie"any1 know where 2 get? do we have that download show here?

#19 Guest_Hugsnkis321_*

Guest_Hugsnkis321_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2004 - 01:20 AM

U know...i feel that she and niki chow look VERY alike...is it just me or what? :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol...no it's not just u; i notice that 2!
i 1st notice Cherrie in the film Fat Choi Spirit, i thought that was Niki & i was so happy c0z i thought Niki is havin a new movie out...but then i notice the name next 2 her pic [on the poster] didn't say "Chow Lai-Kei", but say "Ying Choi-Yee"...i was totally dumbfounded [& surprised] c0z i was sooo sure that was Niki. now that i became a fan of both Cherrie & Niki, individually, i can tell the differences...if u analyze both their pics, they don't really look so much alike...at least not 4 me anymore...IMO, i think Cherrie lookz prettier...she still manages 2 give me this "fresh-look" feel, when watchin her onscreen...

Edited by Hugsnkis321, 03 January 2005 - 03:52 AM.

#20 amidaladown

amidaladown

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 01:27 AM

I liked her alot in love bird. She had a very healthy image then. I mean body image. Lately in pictures, she looks extremely gaunt and no longer fresh faced.

#21 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 05:27 AM

she's very pretty, i think she looked the best in that movie w/ louis koo, the one louis always loses his memory..

#22 Guest_Hugsnkis321_*

Guest_Hugsnkis321_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 December 2004 - 01:56 AM

she's very pretty, i think she looked the best in that movie w/ louis koo, the one louis always loses his memory..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the movie is called Why Me Sweetie?!...yeah, she was cute w/ Louis in there!

2001  Fulltime Killer
2001  Dance of a Dream     
2001  Fat Choi Spirit  
2002  Visible Secret II 
2002  My Left Eye Sees Ghosts 
2002  The Wall 
2002  Black Mask 2: City of Masks   *  
2003  Why Me Sweetie?! 
2003  Naked Ambition

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

here r her other movies...
Itchy Heart (2004)
Throwdown (2004) w/ Louis Koo...again!
Election (2005)

Edited by Hugsnkis321, 03 January 2005 - 03:54 AM.

#23 Guest_Hugsnkis321_*

Guest_Hugsnkis321_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 December 2004 - 05:27 AM

Cherrie Ying

http://www.oneshotproductions.bizland.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/cherrieying.jpgPosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Hugsnkis321, 26 December 2004 - 05:27 AM.

#24 forever_autumn

forever_autumn

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4195 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 10:22 PM

(12/28/2004) Cherrie Ying Choi Yi yesterday worked on her new film SAU SUN (TRIMMING) and shot many running scenes with Anthony Wong Chau Sun and Sheron Teng Shui Man near the Hung Hom train station. "I have been running all morning! Later I have to resume running. My legs are all run out."

http://www.geocities...038/041228.html

Edited by m1ss, 27 January 2006 - 08:46 PM.

#25 forever_autumn

forever_autumn

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4195 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 08:54 PM

Posted Image

Cherrie Ying Choi Yi recently has begun work on films ELECTION (HAK SEH WUI) and SAU SUN (TRIMMING). Two nights ago Choi Yi worked on SAU SUN with Raymond Wong Ho Yin, Lee Si Pui and new comer Lui Hoi Yun. Choi Yi had to wear summer clothes in the cold weather and was shivering.

Choi Yi expressed that in the film she played a big star's assistant, but the star was very ill tempered. Her character also had a crush on Wong Ho Yin. Has playing an assistant made her more understanding of her assistant? Choi Yi turned to her assistant and said, "Let me hold the cup and jacket!"

http://www.geocities...038/041230.html

#26 Guest_Hugsnkis321_*

Guest_Hugsnkis321_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2005 - 02:51 AM

it's grt that Cherrie is havin a new movie comin out w/ Ray Wong. it's the 1st time that they have worked 2gether. i luv the idea that Cherrie is workin w/ Ray & that her character will have a crush on him...well, can't blame the gurl c0z he's a HoTTie!

#27 MagicSwallow

MagicSwallow

Asian Ent. Fanatic

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 03 January 2005 - 05:14 PM

i agree. glad that cherrie's workload isn't affected by her recent allegations. does anyone know anything about Election? i haven't gathered anything on that but i saw some pictures of her in India with some other ppl. i wonder, is that part of Election or was that another movie that's done filming?

#28 m1ss

m1ss

all5TAR++

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6230 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 01:25 AM

Posted Image

#29 Guest_Hugsnkis321_*

Guest_Hugsnkis321_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2005 - 04:43 AM

i saw some pictures of her in India with some other ppl.  i wonder, is that part of Election or was that another movie that's done filming?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the movie on Cherrie filmin in India is called, Himalaya Singh. it has Ronald Cheng, Francis Ng, Sean Lau [Lau Ching Wan], & Cecilia Cheung. Cherrie said that she plays a "rude" character in the movie.

her movie, Election, also stared Louis Koo. Cherrie & Louis again?!?! they have been in wayyyy 2 many movies 2gether [couple or non-couple].
letz c their film 2gether...
Fat Choi Spirit (2002)
Mighty Baby (2002)
Why Me, Sweetie?! (2003)
Naked Ambition (2003)
Throwdown (2004)
and now...
Election (2005)

okk, 2 some ppl it's not a lot, but still....

btw, Cherrie lookz grt in the pic above :)

Edited by Hugsnkis321, 25 February 2005 - 04:43 AM.

#30 MagicSwallow

MagicSwallow

Asian Ent. Fanatic

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 06:27 AM

as for Slim Till Dead i think that's with Anthony Wong and Sheren Tang right? if it is, i think it's coming out soon too? since i saw some function pics the other day. anyway, her role in there sounds very interesting. anyone have any other news on it?

#31 shiningmonk

shiningmonk

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 12:45 PM

Wow, i first saw her in fulltime killer where although it wasn't a long appearance it was a good appearance. Since then i have seen her in my left eye sees ghosts and in throwdown. She's at her best in throwdown. Damn she is very cute!

#32 SanYan

SanYan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 06:01 AM

The first time I saw her as an actress was in Visible Secret II. I thought she was very pretty and had that extra vunerable quality. Then I've also seen her in Throwdown and was impressed by the progress she has made as an actress. I hope her personnel life doesn't start to drag her down but she seems to have recovered from the tour of the police statiion.

B)

#33 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 12:57 AM

wow...she looks great on that Maxim cover. I've actually only seen one movie with her. I really want to watch Fulltime Killer and see how her performance was in her first movie .

#34 forever_autumn

forever_autumn

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4195 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 06:49 AM

Posted Image

Cherrie Ying Choi Yi and Eric Suen Yiu Wai yesterday worked on Wong Jing's new television series at a restaurant. Despite the press pictures both denied that they were dating. "That day after work we went to have something to eat." Suen Yiu Wai said, "I have to eat too, it's nothing special." Ying Choi Yi said, "Today we can order everything to eat here and let everyone take pictures. We were just eating. The series will be done soon, all that's left is voice work."

Credit to http://www.geocities...038/050428.html

#35 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 04:08 AM

she is very cute. I have saw her in Why me sweety?, Throw down and Mighty baby and she is always playing with Lois Koo together. but he is cool and they are a good team. clapclap

#36 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 03:07 AM

i think that she's really pretty and has a nice body.she should act more cus she's good at it.

#37 MagicSwallow

MagicSwallow

Asian Ent. Fanatic

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 03:27 AM

Cherrie didn't seem to be very affected by the drug incident which is a good thing. each artist has their ups and downs and hopefully Cherrie can be more known. it's too bad there aren't any websites on her :crying:

#38 jaime

jaime

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 06:50 PM

Cherrie is VERY CUTE!!! and i like her acting..even though it is hard to understand her at times..and she looks so different now (compared to before)..i saw her in "Why Me, Sweetie" and it seems like she lost a LOT of wait since then - like maybe 15 pounds!!!

#39 Adieu

Adieu

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 02:40 AM

it seems like she looks a lot different now ...then she did before....she definitely looks a lot better now...

i really ilke her in legend II: star wish....her portrayal of maggie cheung is pretty good...she's just so cute in there....

#40 Christalle

Christalle

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 11:33 PM

I also like cherrie Ying and Louis Koo. They are a perfect couple in " why me, Sweety". Also in "throwdown".