AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Priscilla Chan Wai Han (陳慧嫻)

priscilla chan chan wai han

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#1 moonsite

moonsite

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 06:27 PM

I want to create a gallery for Priscilla Chan aka Chan Wai-Han. She is one of the best singers in the late 80's and early 90's in Hong Kong. So, how do I go about doing that?

Chinese Name: Chan Wai Han (Cantonese), Chen Hui Xian (Mandarin)
English Name: Priscilla Chan
Bday: July 28, 1965
Place of Birth: Hong Kong
Height/Weight: 158 cm/43 kg --> 5'3/94 lbs.

Edited by d0ggiel0ver, 03 June 2007 - 12:32 PM.

#2 loveoncemore

loveoncemore

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1516 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 02:48 AM

its such a sad thing that she decided to leave the entertainement circle. she's a very good singer.

#3 beckylau

beckylau

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 06:18 AM

I really like Priscilla Chan singing. The songs she sang were good but most of them are sad. I feel sad for her when I look at the newpaper article saying she's fat now or pragnant.

Edited by tammiest, 06 October 2008 - 03:00 AM.
Double-Post in one :)

#4 NetDragonC

NetDragonC

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 02:05 PM

Did Priscilla ever do acting, or did she only sing? Currently I'm really hooked to her "Gwai Loi Bah" song, can't stop listening to it hehe.

#5 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 07:26 PM

personally havent seen any acting by chan wai han. she was argubly one of the best singers in the late 80's. so many ballads.

#6 330d

330d

Catch you if you Spam

• Forum Crew
  • 18528 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 08:14 PM

As far as I know she never act in a movie or series. I also liked some of her songs. But unfortunately in the 80s when she was active, she was no match for Anita Miu. So she was always the 2nd one and chased by Sally Yip also (those 3 were the most popular singers in the late 80s).

#7 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 10:55 PM

was once one of the biggest names in the hk cantopop industry in the 80's, as big as leslie cheung, anita mui... her most famous signature song was "Cheen Cheen Keut Gor" <- a GREAT song. she retired in 1989 at the peak of her career to read psychology in syracuse university in usa. unfortunately she has not had the same success since she returned to the music industry in 1995-1996.. although she did have 2 fairly successful concerts, she is forgotten by many by now :( do you still remember her?

#8 Phish

Phish

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1365 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 11:09 PM

Priscilla is probably one of the few best Female singers in HK through time BUT also one of the very few under-rated singers in the 80s and 90s.

She was great but never got the recognition that she deserves. In the 80s were times of her best songs and being very young an energetic didnt help her much to compete against bigger stars like Anita Mui.

I think she would have been bigger if she stayed singing in HK because she was quite popular in the 80s. She decided to take a break and went study abroad which means a comeback would have been hard. Guess she was only popular again for a while in the 90s (she had alot of great songs in the 90s which people never got to hear and promote)

I heard on radio a couple years back that she released a new album which didnt sell at all and she personally was dissapointed. She even said that now its all about packaging and teen idols. Real skills and talents are not selling no more which is a shame.

#9 laiwingnang

laiwingnang

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 11:46 PM

she was THE female singer at the end of the 80s....
she was more popular than Anita Mui, Sandy lam, Sally, etc.. before she left to study abroad. She was still popular when she returned, her "welcome back" (1995) was #1 for 6 weeks on the sales chart and her 歸來吧 (1992) album was huge too..then she faded in the late 90s, IMO, because her songs sucked...

She might not be winning the awards , but awards aren't a 100% accurate indicator of popularity.
They're often so outdated. I remember that Sandy Lam and Sally Yeh was barely hitting platinum
status on their albums in 1993, but she kept taking all the awards. Priscilla & Faye Wong, Vivian Lai & Sammi Cheng was selling more albums in 93..

Edited by laiwingnang, 19 April 2006 - 11:56 PM.

#10 330d

330d

Catch you if you Spam

• Forum Crew
  • 18528 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 11:52 PM

she was more popular than Anita Mui, Sandy lam, Sally, etc..

She wasn't popular then Anita. Even maybe not that successful as Sandy and Sally. Actually her first albums wanst that successful. I remember the "Dancing Street" and "Tam Tam Tam" those are not so popular. I believe that it started with Seun Sik Si Yau Yuen. Dont remember it anymore. In that time Anita already ruled the female cantopop.

#11 laiwingnang

laiwingnang

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 12:03 AM

She wasn't popular then Anita. Even maybe not that successful as Sandy and Sally. Actually her first albums wanst that successful. I remember the "Dancing Street" and "Tam Tam Tam" those are not so popular. I believe that it started with Seun Sik Si Yau Yuen. Dont remember it anymore. In that time Anita already ruled the female cantopop.

dude, "Dancing Street" was the mid 80s....
Sally Yeh was beating Anita because of 祝福 in 88...she had the biggest seller and the biggest hit that year
..then 面對面 killed the momentum
I'm talking about like 89, 90...her last album before she left was selling 7x platimum...then she decided to leave at the height of her career
Anita was going down by 89 "In brazil" & "Cover Girl" ...86,87 was when she was the biggest
Sandy lam was big, but she was always around the 3x-4x platinum....nothing compared to the others..

Edited by laiwingnang, 20 April 2006 - 12:03 AM.

#12 330d

330d

Catch you if you Spam

• Forum Crew
  • 18528 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 10:19 AM

dude, "Dancing Street" was the mid 80s....

Dude...:P That was one of her first album right.. The mid 80s Anita was the best.

I'm talking about like 89, 90...her last album before she left was selling 7x platimum...then she decided to leave at the height of her career
Anita was going down by 89 "In brazil" & "Cover Girl" ...86,87 was when she was the biggest

That's true, I can remember that. But never followed the platinum thing, cos I only watched TVB "King Kor Kam Cock" So only remember the Sally got the Best Femal Singer in 90 or something when Anita went down.

#13 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 09:16 PM

Dude...:P That was one of her first album right.. The mid 80s Anita was the best.
That's true, I can remember that. But never followed the platinum thing, cos I only watched TVB "King Kor Kam Cock" So only remember the Sally got the Best Femal Singer in 90 or something when Anita went down.

sally only got the award because anita retired from all awards things i think. the same with leslie cheung gwok wing. if he hadnt retired none of the four heavening fags would have been gotten any recognition. i miss you leslie :(

it looks like priscilla is retiring for good this time, its such a shame. but then again hers song just arent as good as they once were..

#14 goolk

goolk

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 04:40 AM

she's a great singer , good voice
too bad she's no longer singer now

#15 loveoncemore

loveoncemore

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1516 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 05:13 AM

of course i rememeber her. she was so famous back then. she has many good songs.

#16 chinapride

chinapride

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 07:34 PM

She is awesome man. she can really sing and she has many great songs. too bad she left when she was popular to persue her studies abroad.

#17 spirit

spirit

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1922 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 06:10 AM

i remember her! she shook my hand when she toured my country for charity!

#18 Icy Destiny

Icy Destiny

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 10:30 AM

Hmm. Priscilla Chan... Who is she? Anyone got her pics? Why doesn't anyone put them up?

#19 fatpat05

fatpat05

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 10:41 AM

Priscillia Chan was/is GREAT. she definitely was an under rated talent from HK. I felt she should be right up there with Anita Mui. I actually listen to Priscillia's songs more. It is her voice, it is more feminine. Anita Mui's is deeper. Both are wonderfu singers. ... but yea, I remember Priscillia. Parents listened to her all the time growing up.

#20 sfkhk21

sfkhk21

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 04:55 PM

I remember Priscilla. Unlike now a days, it's based on appearance to survive in the entertainment business, Priscilla was actually a few singers that could really sing, hit the notes, and pronounce the lyrics very clearly. I love her!! :D

#21 sweetlove-EK

sweetlove-EK

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 01:09 PM

shes a very good singer
she use 2 b my favourite singer
but now i like ella koon

#22 stygian

stygian

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 05:28 AM

ooo i loooooveee Priscilla!! I think she's such an incredible singer. I wish she had a website. I've searched on the net......the best website i found was a chinese one.....i don't know how to navigate it. i wish someone would create one in English >__<

i wish her fanclub still existed. someone needs to start a fanclub :yeah

#23 foshy

foshy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 12:37 AM

I love Priscilla Chan's voice and singing. I think she is one of the best female singers in HK. I would have preferred if TVB still uses her song as the themesongs for their series, like Riches and Stitches and Plain Love II.

Does anyone have a photo of her? I want to know what she looks like.

#24 botan

botan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 02:05 AM

Didn't know there was a thread for Priscilla, glad that there is one. Priscilla is truly a wonderful singer, I love her voice. And a lot of here songs are classics. It's too bad that she has retired from singing.

#25 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15337 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 01:04 AM

Priscilla Chan sang with Chen Xiexia Olympic Gold Medalist

Posted Image
Picture:Priscilla Chan and Chen Xiexia exchange souvenirs

Priscilla Chan and Chen Xiexia 陳燮霞, 48kg Olympic Gold Medalist record holder for weightlifting both came from the same home town Panyu 番禺. Yesterday the two of them sang 千千闕歌 together. Priscilla praised Chen Xiexia for being a very warm person. She greeted Priscilla from afar and said "Hello, how are you doing? we will be singing together." Priscilla revealed that it was Chen Xiexia who made the request to sing with her. They exchanged autographs backstage. Chen Xiexia signed her name on the back of Priscilla's top and she even gave her a keyring as a souvenir. Priscilla gave her a signed postcard in return. Priscilla weighs 44 kg, she said Chen Xiexia can lift her up anytime.

Source:MingPao
Translator:dragon888 @ http://www.asianvn.com

#26 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15337 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 01:51 AM

Kay Tse admitted defeat to Priscilla Chan in her dance routine

Posted Image
Kay Tse was dancing with Priscilla Chan

Andy Hui, Candy Lo and Priscilla Chan were performing at "4 Ever Green Metro Sing Better Concert." Andy Hui who hasn't been seen for a while, started the show. When Priscilla Chan was singing her last song, a quarter of the audience from the back row started to leave. Good thing Priscilla did not see them leave as she was too busy singing.

http://i272.photobuc.....ws pics/3.jpg
Andy Hui is planning to have a concert end of the year

Andy revealed that he will be releasing a mandarin and cantonese record. He is planning to have a concert in the Hong Kong Coliseum at the end of the year. "I will be very busy for the next 3 months and I will work very hard, compared with Andy Lau, I am one lazy person!" In order to promote the record, Andy is also directing a video movie; he has the support from the company. Andy is hoping he can invite all his friends to perform including Sammi Cheng.

http://i272.photobuc.....ws pics/4.jpg
Candy Lo denied she is two timing (Chinese saying: foot on two boats)

Candy will be releasing her short stories and her 3 mini EP. Somebody reported to the media that she had split up with her tattooed boyfriend because she was two timing ( one foot on two boats). Candy got a shock, saying "Which boat? It never happened. What a joke. I was not hurt when I split up with my boyfriend, but I am really hurt if I am accused of two timing. I would never do that. Is it because that person couldn't get me, and of his jealousy he is making this up?!"

Source:MingPao

#27 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15337 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 09:57 PM

Priscilla is feeling a bit lonely

Posted Image
Priscilla Chan in scorching Pink

Priscilla had a concert in Shanghai the other night. Since it was reported that she had split up with her boyfriend last year, she spent Mid-autumn Festival on her own this year. In the concert, Priscilla told her fans that she wanted to get married because she was feeling a bit lonely. She said that when she sees a couple having intimate scenes together, she feels very lonely, but she will look for a partner slowly. Priscilla then introduced Au Ding Yuk to the audience. "Au Ding Yuk is not an artist, but everybody knows him through his music." Priscilla disclosed that she missed the chance with Au Ding Yuk in the past (a previous boyfriend that was there as a guest).

Only 80% of the seats were occupied. There was rumor that her concert was an hour's late. Priscilla reckoned they were only late for 10 minutes.

Priscilla had prepared 6 new costumes for the concert. The first gown was in scorching pink with a black feather hat. She asked the audience if any of them were going to have dinner at home with their family on Sunday to celebrate Mid-autumn Festival. She shared with the fans "to me, I don't have my own family. My parents are at home. Tonight, my father is supporting me, and he is in the audience. I hope next year, I have my own family to celebrate Mid-autumn Festival." The audience shouted back saying "We love you, we will give you a family."

After the concert, Priscilla had an interview with the media. Reporters asked her if she really wanted to get married. She replied "Of course I do, but I don't have anyone yet. Mind you, I hardly go out at all, I usually stay at home. The fortune teller told me I won't meet my Mr Right before 40; if somebody turns up at my door, I will get married this year. Otherwise, I will have to wait till 2010!"

Source:Wenweipo

#28 evodrift

evodrift

Anything@TVB

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6232 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 10:18 AM

2009 Countdown @ Olympic City_31/12/2009
Artiste include Astrid Chan, Denise Ho, Elanne Ling, Michelle Yim, Niki Chow, Priscilla Chan, Tavia, Alan Tam, Hacken Lee, Moses Chan, Nat Chan etc
Clips of Skit from MR with Michelle Yim, Tavia, Moses and 3 cute kids :iloveyou:

(Part 1 of 3)
(Part 2 of 3)
(Part 3 of 3)

Elanne Ling w 變走他
Niki Chow performing
Priscilla Chan w 變、變、變

Countdown to 2009

Part 1:
Part 2:

Credit: hunnypot2008/hi200710/NCfan4ever @youtube

Whole show credit: Tudou
2009 Countdown @ Olympic City - Part 1
2009 Countdown @ Olympic City - Part 2
2009 Countdown @ Olympic City - Part 3

Tavia performing 终身美丽

#29 lil2lam

lil2lam

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 10:40 PM

hi all -

shes been around for so long and hasnt received the recognition she deserves.
so ive been working on a site for priscilla and all her fans.
hopefully you guys can check it out and give me some feed back before i launch the real thing.

thanks.
-live urls are not allowed in your usergroup-

i hope this url shows up...

Edited by lil2lam, 12 February 2009 - 10:45 PM.