173 replies to this topic

#1 miniv

miniv

Addict

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6174 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 11:09 AM

* ALL Information here are compiled and translated by minivicki@asianFanatics.net
Additional information is welcomed
please CREDIT (and CLEARLY LINK BACK!! to this thread) if transferring.
Posted Image
General Profile

Name:Fan Wei Qi
English name: Christine Fan
Nickname: Fan Fan, Mischievous Leopard
Baby Name: Xiao Ding Dang
Birthday: March 18 1976
Native place: Hebei Province
Place of birth: Ohio, USA
Height: 171cm
Body weight: 48kg
Blood Type: B
Horoscope: Pieces
Languages: English, Chinese, Japanese
Personality: Blur, Strange
Religion: Christianity
Zodiac: Dragon
Family: Father, mother, a younger brother
Boyfriend: Blackie (Chen Jian Zhou)

Posted Image

Additional Facts
Fan Fan grew up in America and went back to Taiwan to study at the age of 6. She studied in TaiChung's Xiao Ming Girls School for her middle school education and went back to America to further her high school studies. She majored in Tax Law in Pomona College and transferred to Havard's Faculty for Economics. Due to her education in Taiwan, her mandarin was better than most of the Chinese in America. Fan Fan loved music and after her 2nd year in University, she decided to withdraw and return to Taiwan to be a singer. Now, she's signed under Lin Fair Records and is in the same management company as Angela Chang and Claire Kuo.

Hidden Text:

Compositions
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Tune
Spoiler

Lyrics
Spoiler

Both tune and lyrics
Spoiler

Discography

Posted Image

Faces Of FanFan (07/2008)
Spoiler

哲學家 [Zhe Xue Jia] Philosopher (09/2007)
Spoiler

我們的紀念日[Wo Men De Ji Nian Ri] Our Day (06/2006)
Spoiler

一比一 [Yi Bi Yi] One to One (06/2005)
Spoiler

最初的夢想 [Zui Chu De Meng Xiang] First Dream (05/2004)
Spoiler

真善美 [Zhen Shan Mei] The Sound of Music (05/2003)
Spoiler

太陽 [Tai Yang] The Sun (08/2001)
Spoiler

范范的世界[Fan Fan De Shi Jie] FanFan's World (11/2000)
Spoiler

Filmography
Dramas
霹靂MIT [Pi Li MIT] [The Clue Collector] (GTV, FTV 2008)
黑糖群侠传 [Hei Tang Qun Xia Zhuan] [The Legend of Brown Sugar Chivalries] (StarTV 2008)
醋溜族 [Cu Liu Zhu] [The Vinegar Tribe] (HBTV, 2005)
愛情白皮書 [Hei Qing Bai Pi Shu] [Tomorrow] (GTV, 2002)

Posted ImagePosted Image
Shows
Hosted
模范棒棒堂 [Mo Fan Bang Bang Tang] (Channel V 2006)
週日狂熱夜 [Zhou Ri Kuang Re Ye] (PTS)

Guest hosted
娱乐百分百[Yu Le Bai Fen Bai] [100% Entertainment] (GTV 2008 Sep 16)

Endorsements and Commercials

Spoiler

Awards
Spoiler

Related AF Threads

Boyfriend Blackie | MFBBT Boys | MFBBT vs Wo Ai Hei She Hui

Posted ImagePosted Image
Related AF Galleries

Christine Fan Individual Gallery | Fan Wei Qi Wallpapers
Tomorrow | The Clue Collector | The Legend of Brown Sugar Chivalries

Other Links
Official Website
At Last Post account
Fan Fan Fanclub
Record Company

Posted Image

Edited by minivicki, 12 October 2008 - 03:40 PM.

#2 starburst103

starburst103

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 11:23 AM

wheee! :lol?: i looove fanfan!!! her new album is sooo good! especially the duet with angela clapclap how old is she? i think she's very pretty and smart! She went to Harvard! but she never graduated though. i thought she was born in taiwan and then moved to ohio when she was young? i think she's such a good friend to all her friends. i remember when xiao s first announced her engagement she was so happy that she would cry everytime that topic was mentioned. how long has she and hei ren been going out? i think he's really lucky to have her! ^^

<span class='edit'>This post has been edited by starburst103: Today, 05:23 AM</span>

Edited by starburst103, 27 September 2005 - 11:24 AM.

#3 arcanestillness

arcanestillness

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 11:36 AM

That's Great! :yeah I soo love Fanfan. Fanfan is really a very talented singer, although oftentimes overlooked and underrated. She has a very good, soothing, wide-ranged voice. I know she's been going out with heiren for a very long time, years i think. She's also good friends with the Xu sisters (Da S and Xiao S) as well as Makiyo, pace, etc.

yeah, she did study at Harvard ( She's smart!). I think she graduated.

Here's an old article about her:

Those Flowers

Posted Image

BEIJING, May 30, 2005-- Fanfan, or Fan Wei Qi in Chinese, will release her new album next month.

Fanfan is no ordinary star. When she entered show biz, fans were surprised to learn about her educational background as she is a graduate of Harvard University.

But those who thought she wouldn't stay long on the music scene have been proven wrong. Now she not only sings but has also won fame as the star of a new Chinese TV series.

Today we're playing "Those Flowers" one of the best tracks from her last album. She has said it talks about our helplessness against war. The song contains lines from the classic anti war song "Where Have All the Flowers Gone" and she has also adds her own lyrics such as 'Today there are no new flowers in this desert, try to recapture your 4 seasons'.

Have a listen!

credit goes to chinaview.cn

#4 ^AnGeLRiNa^

^AnGeLRiNa^

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 12:42 PM

[COLOnoreferalspurple] ooohhh.... fan wei qi.... she sang 'ru guo de shi' with angela zhang right?? hahaha.... this song is soooo nice... =p any nice songs to recommend? B) hehe... advanced thanks~!! hehe

#5 arcanestillness

arcanestillness

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 11:33 AM

I have only listened to her latest album, "One to One" and i loved all the songs. I especially liked the tracks "One to One", "If" and "Cold".

here's a review from Yesasia about her album "One to One"

Posted Image

http://i20.photobuck...iw/626b9f4f.jpg
http://i20.photobuck...iw/931f9e92.jpg
http://i20.photobuck...iw/e95c8587.jpg
http://i20.photobuck...iw/b6f5e134.jpg
http://i20.photobuck...iw/ddb31432.jpg
http://i20.photobuck...iw/0147885c.jpg

In her latest album One to One, Fan Wei Chi (affectionately known as Fan-fan) appears in a very different image as compared to Original Dream. Far more feminine and mature than she was when debuted her first album in 2000, Fan-fan has now become an icon that represents new generation metropolitan ladies!
The title track "One to One" is penned by music genius David Tao. For the song's MV, over NT$1.5 million has been budgeted to produce a spectacular audio-visual record of Fan-fan. The MV for another up-tempo track "It's You" shows Fan Wei-chi in all sorts of fashions - retrospective, sports, punk, bohemian, etc. The idea beneath the duet "If" which she sings with Angela Chang is so ambiguous that the song has already aroused much discussion even before release.

Another good review also from yesasia.com:

credit goes to Jenny Tran
One on One with Fan Fan

This truly is an amazing album. It really enrages me to think that there is as talented a singer as Fan Wei Qi in the world and yet she still doesn't have as much recognition as other singers such as Stefanie Sun and Jolin Tsai, despite having more of a technical grasp on some areas of music than they do. Her voice has a distinct clarity and tone to it that is incomparable to any other singer. Her voice has its own individual texture and the control she exerts over her talent is the key to Fan Wei Qi's technical success in singing this collection of well chosen songs. The opening track on the album is the theme tune to Neutrogena's (for which Fan Fan has been the representative of for 3 years now) 2005 beauty campaign. It is an eclectic mix of retro-punk with a modern cheerleader-style texture that reminds you of 'Hey Mickey' by Toni Basil. Fan Fan takes on a different tone here with her outgoing style and brings a rich tone to the song without overpowering the light nature of it. The second track is the title track 'One on One' written by David Tao, attracts the most attention to the listener. It has it's own captivating soul and it is instantly recognisable as a work of David Tao's because of the frequent high note lilts and the dips into and out of the high end of the songs. It has David Tao's signature light tone, strong harmonies (which Fan Fan recorded with David Tao himself) with light instrumentals. All this just highlights Fan Fan's talent as the light background makes her clearly controlled voice stand out even more against the transparent background of her the music. This album also contains songs that Fan Fan has written herself, such as 'Sleepless' (track 3)which is a song about losing sleep over meaningless things and allows Fan Fan to show off her lyrical ability as well as her vocal talent. The duet with Angela Chang is perplexing but soothing to the ear. The lyrics are very hard to read into so you can't really read into what the emotion of the song is, but the vocal ability of both women is astonishing on this particular track and is guaranteed to captivate any listener with the harmonies and counter-melodies. The ballads of particular note on this album are 'Til the End' and 'You don't love him that much' in which Fan Fan exudes mood and emotion throughout the songs and creates a heartbreaking atmosphere throughout the entirety of each song. Yet with each new song she brings a new feeling of depth and understanding, in that she realises that although these songs are ballads, there are different approaches to singing each one. A refreshing track is 'Love You that much' which has an interesting 80's feel to it with the electrified beats in the background and although it's a retro song, it still has a lot of new techniques held within it. It's a modified retro song, if you will. It's about splitting up with a partner who just simply selfish and Fan Fan's conviction and enunciation of every single word highlights the anger and the emancipation that is felt with the break up. It's an empowering song that will speak out to a lot of females especially. Fan Wei Qi is a truly truly talented singer and she deserves as much recognition and praise as singers of Stefanie Sun status. Fan Wei Qi is so underrated and so many people out there don't know who she is and this album is the perfect opportunity for an introduction to Fan Fan's world. All in all, this album is a must have item for any lover of Taiwan music out there. The important thing when listening to this album is that you sit alone in a room without any distraction so that you can fully appreciate the technique and the talent that this young woman exudes; so that you can truly be On on One with Fan Fan.

#6 francesca

francesca

Retired AF Global Minister

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9333 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 09:03 AM

didnt know she lived in US. she's got one song in the album "For Fan" that's all english, but i couldnt understand her diction

so anyway, have you seen our AF gallery for fanfan here? we have lotsa photos of her : http://asianfanatics....php?album=1585

addtional info... i read somewhere that her english name is Christine

#7 m1ss

m1ss

all5TAR++

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6230 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 11:29 PM

Posted Image

Edited by m1ss, 24 October 2005 - 11:29 PM.

#8 blaxiong

blaxiong

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 11:37 PM

fan fan is so pretty!!!! i love her voice and she acts very well too... i dont really know much about her but so far i like her. i have heard her sing and she is very good. but dose anyone know where i could watch her mvs? please if anyone knows tell me....thanks

Edited by tammiest, 02 August 2008 - 03:45 PM.
Requests for downloads are not permitted outside of the Download Section

#9 blushiningstar

blushiningstar

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 05:15 AM

i like her from the series 2m...she was so innocent in there...she has a nice voice...though i don't hear about her much...whats going on with her any updates on her?

#10 hihui5

hihui5

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 06:00 AM

Wow, can't believe she went to Harvard! But that just shows what a diverse person she is. I really like her personality. I've seen her a few times on "Kang Xi Lai Le," the show hosted by her good friend Xiao S, and she seems like a really carefree and cute person. I only got into her songs recently, but so far I've liked the songs I heard from her new album like "One on One" and "If." Does anyone have any recommendations from either past or new albums?

#11 -jessica

-jessica

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 06:07 PM

she's tall n pretty..
watch yu le bai fen bai..she host before..that was great..
i started to like her since ai qing bai pi shu(i know i'm slow) the vcd she act in..
that was superb.. :shocked:
----------
hope there will be good news of she n hei ren soon.. :wasntme

#12 m1ss

m1ss

all5TAR++

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6230 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 05:43 AM

did FanFan get double lid surgery, or does she just use the eyelid tape all the time?
i remember Rainie once saying that FanFan frequently used the eyelid tape in the past then they filmed together, but what about now?

#13 arcanestillness

arcanestillness

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 10:30 AM

Cool pics..
credit goes to ent.sina.com

http://i20.photobuck...iw/99268eeb.jpg

Posted Image

with Angela Zhang (Don't know what's the occassion here)

Posted Image
http://i20.photobuck...iw/da77de3d.jpg

News on Fanfan

08 Feb 2006

Credit goes to ent.sina.com

佟大为最怕“女追男” 自曝两年内完婚

http://i20.photobuck...iw/c9124b56.jpg
Spoiler

Can anyone translate this article please?A translation would be very much appreciated:)

Fan fan with one of my all time favorite actress, Kim Sun Ah ( from My name is Kim Sam Soon fame). I think this was taken last year, when Kim Sun Ah went to taiwan to promote "My name is Kim Sam Soon".

Posted Image

Edited by minivicki, 25 September 2008 - 02:46 PM.
Max. 3 Pictures Per Post; please leave the rest as normal links-- thank you :)

#14 mmitsjojo

mmitsjojo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 11:29 PM

is it true that fanfan will be holding a concert in atlantic city,new jersey(US) in like april or something? cos my daddy said that he`s gon bring me to a fan wei chi concert and in my head i was going whose fan wei chi is it fanfan in my head? but i`m still not sure so i wanna make sure is she holding a concert here, cos i would love to go :)

#15 FayFayJL

FayFayJL

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 07:16 PM

wow i didn't know she went to harvard!!! .... no wonder she was my frenz math tutor...she's soo pretty but..yeah I dink plastic surgery must've been involved...cuz her look now and that old article posted..loooks sooo different....

#16 taibaoa

taibaoa

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 01:47 PM

she went to harvard but didn't graduate bc of the ridiculous fees...when she goes back to the campus she cries bc of that...she wasn't born in the US...she's getting married to blackie...

#17 MARSattack

MARSattack

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 07:14 AM

is it rue she's getting married with balckie? when?

#18 wizzan

wizzan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 12:05 AM

her song (duet with angela zhang) - ru guo de shi is a very good song!!
strongly recommend it

#19 mzdeviL

mzdeviL

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4511 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 11:29 AM

I like Fanfan, I think she's a great singer :) However I have to agree with people who say her personality is abit "wierd" ^_^' But that's great because that just makes her personality all the more individual :wasntme Well, I guess I can't really say her personality is "wierd" exactly ^_^' though she's a girl, but her actions and stuff is anything BUT feminine! I guess she's just a very manly woman! :lol:

Anyway, does anyone know how long she and Blackie have been dating?

Edited by 'L'-dre@mz, 06 June 2006 - 11:30 AM.

#20 kismet

kismet

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 10:42 PM

i love her duet with angela... ruo guo de shi .. i think that's what it's called. She's really pretty tooo but i havent heard any news on her lately =/

#21 AhLok

AhLok

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 12:49 PM

Anyway, does anyone know how long she and Blackie have been dating?

5 years

She's really pretty tooo but i havent heard any news on her lately =/

Her new album comes out tomorrow. ^o^

#22 kayman

kayman

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 04:55 AM

wow i didnt even know anything about this girl until she appeared on wan qu yu le the last couple of days. I don't think she's really that pretty but her personality is so cute that it makes her just light up. lol

#23 bebescreamer

bebescreamer

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 09:28 PM

FanFan and HeiRen looked soOoo cute walking down the red carpet together with laced hands at the GMAs! awww... :iloveyou:

Posted Image

Edited by bebescreamer, 13 June 2006 - 09:47 PM.

#24 abcd4

abcd4

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 03:31 AM

hi....i was wondering if anyone could tell me the name of the song that fan fan is singing when they showed her clip during the gma's for the best female singer category

#25 francesca

francesca

Retired AF Global Minister

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9333 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 06:19 PM

any1 know where to download "ke bu ke yi bu yong gan" by fanfan? i luv d song but can't find where 2 download it. if u know, can u post d link here? ...haha....dunno she lived in d u.s.....

i have that MV somewhere in my file collection.. that's the one with ASOS. i'll go find it first. you gotta pm me so i can be reminded to post here. i don't visit this thread much :)

hi....i was wondering if anyone could tell me the name of the song that fan fan is singing when they showed her clip during the gma's for the best female singer category

ru guo de shi. (bad pinyin) anyways, it's the duet song with Angela Zhang

This is her official website (i think) -- >> http://fanfan.com.tw/

and she's got a new album -- >> OUR DAY (yesasia order page)

Posted Image

you can sample out the album by downloading it from the Music DL section :)

#26 regal_aeros

regal_aeros

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 02:56 AM

this is the bod i want too.. tall and slim okok skinny and dang her voice is So good...

#27 tissuebox

tissuebox

Sexy Pan Fried Ass =3

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 04:23 AM

hmm i haven't heard much songs from fan fan but from the ones i've heard her duet wif angela and yi pi yi.. i REALLY lykd them.

Can anyone be helpful enough to post up som listening links for her songs? im open to all new or old ones =P

Edited by tammiest, 02 August 2008 - 03:56 PM.
Requests for downloads are not permitted outside of the Download Section

#28 JieLin

JieLin

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 02:02 PM

I just stumbled upon this place.. happy to find people who like fanfan.. she is a very friendly and nice person. :yeah Most of her songs will not catch a lot of attention at the first listening.. but it will usually grow on you..

#29 l i m e s y d

l i m e s y d

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 08:20 AM

she's a very good singer.. I don't have much interest on her before.. but now I personally think she sings great! really.. compared to other "popular" pop singers out there.. she's one of the best

#30 Natha82

Natha82

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 09:36 PM

I think Fan Fan's album Yi Bi Yi is better then her new one....

Same for me...
But it's still a pleasant album :)
I have the feeling Fanfan is underrated :( she's a really good singer, she deserves more success than many of other Taiwanese or Singapourean singers who are often off-key...

#31 JieLin

JieLin

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 12:04 AM

Some sites that you might be interested in..

週日狂熱夜 - Blog (The show FanFan is currently hosting..)
http://www.wretch.cc/blog/sundayfever

范范 vlog
http://www.im.tv/myvlog/fanfan

#32 lilchinkybabi

lilchinkybabi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 03:41 AM

fan fan was on kang xi lai le recently. they talked mostly about her and hei ren. she's so cute! she sings so well!

http://www.youtube.c.....earch=kangxi
that's the first part. you can just click on the user name to see the other parts

Edited by lilchinkybabi, 28 June 2006 - 03:43 AM.

#33 aggiesbaby

aggiesbaby

妳是我的

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2281 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 06:01 AM

I'm starting to love Fan Fan too! She's so sweet and bubbly! And I LOVE her One on One album!

#34 lost in ariel's dream

lost in ariel's dream

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 04:45 PM

omg! fan fan fell off the stage during concert!! so sad...

#35 lilchinkybabi

lilchinkybabi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 06:45 PM

omg! fan fan fell off the stage during concert!! so sad...

really?? when was this? and which concert was it?

#36 coo

coo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 07:05 PM

fan wei qi is quite a nice singer i would say, some of her songs are not that bad, some are quite nice. but i would like to say that the mandarin version of 'I Think I' was not that nice, the original sang in full house is better i think.

#37 JieLin

JieLin

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 11:29 PM

really?? when was this? and which concert was it?

she fell off the stage ^_^' on sunday 2 july.. at her 我們的紀念日concert.. currently staying home to rest..

#38 bebescreamer

bebescreamer

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 12:59 AM

she fell off the stage ^_^' on sunday 2 july.. at her 我們的紀念日concert.. currently staying home to rest..

i know..so shocked..she was too happy and while she was walking to be closer to the audience, she just fell off! it was dark too. wonder how heiren will cheer her up :)

#39 angel_dercy

angel_dercy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 06:24 AM

i started liking her ever since i heard her song with angela and rainie..

is she married??

#40 lilchinkybabi

lilchinkybabi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 07:34 AM

i started liking her ever since i heard her song with angela and rainie..

is she married??

she's not married. but, there have been a lot of rumors in the newspapers of hei ren wanting to propose to her soon.

Edited by lilchinkybabi, 11 July 2006 - 07:35 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: christine fan, fan wei qi

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (2)