AF needs funding again

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Suicide ~ How do you feel about it?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
695 replies to this topic

#681 Goldencarp

Goldencarp

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3297 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:51 AM

if only the person I hate so much today would go KILL THEMSELVES!!!!!!!!

#682 AsianShadow

AsianShadow

Shadow Warrior

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1896 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:59 AM

if only the person I hate so much today would go KILL THEMSELVES!!!!!!!!

But if they did that, you'd have no one to hate anymore, man. :D Everyone needs a rival.

It has been about a year so I do not much think anything else than did he do it or not :crybaby :crybaby :crybaby

No worries, lovely, I'm sure he's just fine, living happy somewhere in the world.

If someone I dont know commits suicide then I dont care that much because I dont know them. But if a guy commits suicide and he has a family then his family will be heart broken and grieving because they lost their dad, husband. To them, its the same as their dad/husband dying from cancer because results are the same, they are gone. But thats why I said it was selfish because they never thought about the impact on their own family before they commit suicide. He needs to think about his family and not just himself.

But we agree to disagree dude! :thumbsup

Oh yea, I know what you mean, bud. There's no way around it, that is hard on the family. That being said, for some people it can almost be harder to watch someone suffer through years of depression and sadness though, because it's like they're all ready dead, but you still see them everyday, if that makes sense. . . either way, I don't see anything wrong with the family being sad and depressed about it, they just shouldn't hold anything againt the person like they were abandoned and stuff. Just grieve for them and try to understand what they must have gone through, and then forgive them and leave it at that. Not that that works all the time, but that's my take on.

Even still, yea, we can definitely agree to disagree too.

#683 SomeAsianDude

SomeAsianDude

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1617 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:39 AM

God is the author of your life you do not have the right to end the life He gave you only He has the right to stop your heart from beating.

Lol... do not have the right to end life eh? Funny, but we are in control of our own destiny. I can do whatever I want.

#684 Anime_X

Anime_X

Coke Addict, mmm Coca Cola

• Forum Crew
  • 3280 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:45 PM

Lol... do not have the right to end life eh? Funny, but we are in control of our own destiny. I can do whatever I want.

Are you sure!!! U sure God is not controlling us with a remote control!!!! :harhar

#685 No.Othing Serio.Ous?

No.Othing Serio.Ous?

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:59 PM

Suicide is just an easy way out.

I detest people who contemplate suicide just to escape a time of despair. Suicide to me simply means that the individual wasn't fit to live. If you can't handle the adversity of life you may as well kill yourself.

I know I sound harsh, but that's how I really see it.

#686 SomeAsianDude

SomeAsianDude

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1617 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:50 AM

Are you sure!!! U sure God is not controlling us with a remote control!!!! :harhar

God could but what can I do about it? Fight em? Lol...

#687 Anime_X

Anime_X

• Forum Crew
  • 3280 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:30 PM

God could but what can I do about it? Fight em? Lol...

lol why not! Its like the matrix!

#688 SomeAsianDude

SomeAsianDude

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1617 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:00 PM

lol why not! Its like the matrix!

Whats the point though, if God is all powerful and the ultimate being. I will never win because I know nothing while God knows everything. Probability chance of winning is 0%.

#689 jimpetulla

jimpetulla

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 02:14 PM

In case of personal problems it not necessary to attempt Suicide its not the answer to every problem. It done by the one who just not want to fight with is problems. On the other hand, some European and Western countries a term Euthanasia is come to be know as new and traditional term in which a person with Chronic diseases is given painless death.

#690 Moonshade

Moonshade

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:07 AM

I wouldn't recommend it ;p

But I wouldn't ignorantly shame people who ended their own lives (like some people saying it's 'selfish').

It's sad. Yes. For people are not programmed to look for death- on the contrary, it's our instinct to survive, which means you must be really suffering and screwed up to make this kind of choice.

One of my favourite singer/actor opted for suicide when he was suffering from depression (which is a serious but often underestimated mental illness) so I get really irritated at ignorant comments like: "selfish bla... cowardly bla... "

@Those people: You don't know the circumstances, you don't *understand* the circumstances, you should stfu.

suicide is one of the worst things u can do to yourself

Posted Image

Sorry, I LOL'ed when I read this ;']

Edited by Moonshade, 23 January 2012 - 05:12 AM.

#691 behappyman 2.0

behappyman 2.0

Asian Fanatic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1766 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:48 AM

@Those people: You don't know the circumstances, you don't *understand* the circumstances, you should stfu.

Very mature. That's why I try to no longer have discussions with people with one-sided views that want people to agree with their every point. At least with me, I don't have to berate or insult people, or undermine their intelligence, just because I disagree with their points. I at least ACKNOWLEDGE and RESPECT their points (and yes that includes reading and understanding someone's WHOLE post and not just going mad after reading a couple of lines). I'd advise you to do that yourself sometimes, or just look like a fool.

I speak for all those people you told to stfu.

Edited by samsunglover, 25 January 2012 - 09:29 PM.

#692 mlint007

mlint007

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ The Seeker

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2312 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:03 AM

Suicide is a very hard concept for people to understand who don't suffer from a chemical imbalance.
Until you experience the effects of depression there is no way you can fully understand nor grasp the impact it has one persons life.

I'm not talking about the short bouts of depression we all get I'm talking about the long term clinical depression which can fully take over a person's life. Where you can see an obvious change in the person, they become withdrawn and they are constantly fighting an internal battle they feel they can not win.

I have always been taught that suicide is bad and a crime against God but I can't believe God would turn against his children who are suffering. I have questioned this belief with my friends and they argue with me that these people need God in their life and I truly struggle with this ideology. I have worked with many clinically depressed people and am glad I was able to turn them around and am currently working with another depressed teenager who is truly struggling.

Last year, President Obama finally lifted the ban on soldiers who commit suicide. I was so happy about this. I wrote to Obama regarding this because it broke my heart the military did not acknowledge soldiers who committed suicide in the military, as if their life did not exist. At one point, I was going to start writing letters and sending the family's a keepsake because it was the least I could do as a common citizen.

I think depression is not a fully accepted disease and we often overlook what a person is going through because we believe they are weak when they can't handle life.

5 years ago I was working on New Years eve and at 11:58 p.m. my phone rang. I opened with my greeting and the lady on the phone stated, "It's 11:59 p.m. and I just opened my bill and I'm going to kill myself. She blocked her number and after repeated request for her name she refused. So I began talking to her because I knew the original reason she was calling wasn't about her bill. We began talking and I find out she had a twin who passed away and she kept saying to me, "Marylysa, she promised me she would never leave me and she did!" She made this statement about 20 times during our conversation. Her sister had a daughter who was taking away by the boyfriend, so she was alone.

The only thing I could do at this point is tell her about what I went through in life and how I struggle with things but I'm still willing to fight and I understand her heart is broken but if she let me I would like the opportunity to help her.

For some reason, after hearing my story she turned around and thought her life wasn't that bad after all which made me question was my life really that bad? Eventually, she thanked me and finally gave me her name.

I stayed on the phone with this customer for 3 and half hours. It was so long my boss yelled at me the next day for the longevity of the call in which I told her I could not conscientiously just get off the phone with a customer who told me she wanted to kill herself. You know she told me that lady needed God!!!!

Well, you know what? That night that lady needed me and I was glad to spend the time with her. Sometimes we just need to know others are going through the same thing and support. I didn't know this lady but I know suicide and depression and although sometimes I feel some peoples issues are petty (yes I'm guilty of that also) I also know I have no right to judge another person's feelings or thoughts.

...and maybe just maybe God worked through me that night...

Edited by mlint007, 25 January 2012 - 07:15 AM.

#693 Anime_X

Anime_X

• Forum Crew
  • 3280 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:33 AM

...and maybe just maybe God worked through me that night...

Just wanted to say one thing and not looking to debate it. Can't people do good things under their own volition, without attributing it to it being as a result of the act God. Im sure humans are capable of thinking for themselves without needing Gods and Devils deciding everything for them. If that was the case then godless people would live a lifetime of doing bad things. But sure its possible that it could be an act of God but that possibility is only for the believers.

But that was my view on it and I respect your view. Many people have different views on stuff.

But suicide can be caused by many factors, family, psychological, circumstances and etc. It's never good for people to commit suicide, some think its taking the easy way out, others think its beig selfish and some people think its right because it stops their suffering (medical or psychological). But personally I think in most cases its just taking the easy way out and it is selfish due to the fact that they leave a hole in other peoples lives. Also sometimes people who do commit suicide, they were not thinking properly due to depression or emotions and make the wrong choice, they would make a choice that if they were not under that stress, then they would not have made that fatal choice. Of course some people commit suicide due to serious and terminal medical problems and that is a different story, but that topic is very controversial, I dont have a position on that.

Edited by Anime_X, 28 January 2012 - 05:19 AM.

#694 mlint007

mlint007

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ The Seeker

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2312 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:31 PM

^^ Duly noted but for some of us and the caller I was speaking to; God was the basis of her conversation with me and I wasn't going to disparage her feelings in that moment. Sometimes people who have faith rely on faith alone to help them and not seek counsel so I was glad she at least reached out to someone in her time of need.

Edited by mlint007, 28 January 2012 - 05:32 PM.

#695 Moonshade

Moonshade

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:23 PM

I try to no longer have discussions with people with one-sided views that want people to agree with their every point.

Aren't you talking a bit about yourself here? Because, as far as I know, I DON'T have a view on suicide. So how my view be one-sided on the subject matter?

I do, however, have my opinion on people who shame other people on their 'choice' (then again, it's not a choice when you're mentally ill and suffering from depression, for example). But I wasn't attacking anyone in particular when I made that post - Unless, of course, you're one of those people who goes all: "Suicide is wrong. And immoral. blablabla Under any circumstances. NotthatIdon'trespectYourPointOfViewOrAnything..." then YES, my post is directed to you.

#696 RubyPie

RubyPie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:50 AM

I think suicide is a scary thought to have and an even scarier action to take. Families lose loved ones and the suicidee loses their life!