AF needs funding again

- - - - -

Chris Wong Hoi Kan (黃凱芹)

chris wong christopher wong wong hoi kan

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 10:22 AM

Posted ImagePosted Image

Profile:
Name: Christopher Wong
Chinese Name: Huang, Kaiqin (Mandarin)
Category: Pop singer
Sex: Male
Nationality: Hong Kong
Place of Birth: Hong Kong

Surprised that there is no colum about wong hoi kan, made a absolutely comeback last year, since he went away for years ,beside leslie this is also a favourite singer of mine clapclap

Edited by mv_288, 24 June 2008 - 02:59 AM.

#2 Guest_Sport3888_*

Guest_Sport3888_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2005 - 10:48 PM

Radio interview of Chris Wong, and Crystal Tin. They're going to have a musical play of the White Snake and Green Snake, not sure how you say the name in english. Crystal Tin and Cris Wong would be singing the songs in there too. It sounds really really good. Too bad I'm in US and can't watch it. Wonder if there will be another way to watch it. Anyway just wanted to post the interview here. You have to forward the first part which is about twenty something minutes then, the interview of Chris and Crystal would start. Trust me it's worst downloading very interesting and during break time you get to listen to the songs that are going to be in the play. If anyone from HK is going to watch the musical please.........right a detailed summary about it cause it sounds really good. I'm very surprised to hear that Chris is such a talented person he did almost everything in the play from writing the script, to designing every single costume, to creating and writing the songs, to auditioning the actors'actresses for the play. I think he did almost everything except be the director because he said he didn't have the experience in plays. Although I'm not a fan of his, I feel sorry for him now cause he is a guy that is flooded with talent and isn't famous today. He showed me what is the real meaning of talent. And not to mention is that he is a pretty nice guy, give me this the guy next door kind of feeling.

http://www.rthk.org....an/20050803.smi

Edited by mv_288, 24 June 2008 - 02:55 AM.

#3 Edwise

Edwise

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2085 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 08:05 AM

I only know he's in a duet with Vivian Chow called Neverending love (Ching May Liu). It's a nice song. Go download it!

#4 hlac

hlac

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1724 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 08:44 PM

Wong Hoi Ki, I use to like him alot, his songs were pretty good and he is not too bad looking. Glad to see him come back and pursue his singing career. Hope he comes out with some new cds and songs.

#5 Guest_Allison_*

Guest_Allison_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2005 - 02:30 AM

Wong Hoi Ki, I use to like him alot, his songs were pretty good and he is not too bad looking. Glad to see him come back and pursue his singing career. Hope he comes out with some new cds and songs.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could give me his name in Chinese here? I can't seem to find his songs using his English name. Thanks in advance.

#6 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 10:47 PM

Here a link to a website ,so people can see how he looks like and what cd's he made .
http://www.haoting.c...ial/msp_112.htm

Also he has written songs for andy lau ,andy hui and others !!

:worship

#7 bebe2019

bebe2019

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2955 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 03:34 AM

Wow.... Chris Wong is a great singer!!!
I love his voice!!!! He's really cute.....Soo adorable!!!!!!
Hope other people are going to put more pictures of him!!!!!!!

#8 Guest_Sport3888_*

Guest_Sport3888_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2006 - 12:10 AM

Yea he's a great singer, and deserves more recognition. Maybe in the future, he'll become famous. I'm sure if he concentrates fully on singing and making albums again he would get noticed.

#9 endlessluv42

endlessluv42

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 07:13 PM

Yes, I am quite surprised that there aren't a lot of Chris Wong-fans out on AFF. Maybe most of his fans don't participate AFF or is another age group.

Personally, I really like his deep voice and his songs. Just too bad he doesn't have that star-fate, like some other stars does. :crying:

#10 Guest_Sport3888_*

Guest_Sport3888_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2006 - 02:43 AM

Me too, I like his singing. Chris just did any interview at Ebuzz
http://jade.tvb.com/...1017/index.html

Here's the link if you can't find it
http://jade.tvb.com/...deo/05_300k.asx

#11 loveoncemore

loveoncemore

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1516 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 11:04 PM

i think chris wong is very talented but hes too under-rated. hes a very good singer.

#12 BNG2000

BNG2000

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 09:31 PM

Chris is a very good singer even after he came back. Well, he has always been good but it seems that not many people like his singing. Don't know why.

#13 sport

sport

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5451 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 08:16 AM

Chris is a very good singer even after he came back. Well, he has always been good but it seems that not many people like his singing. Don't know why.

yea I don't get it either, I guess it might have something to do with the way he portrays the songs? He tried to make a come back but he just doesn't seem to be able to get famous. Are his songs not popular enough, maybe that way?

#14 aznshopgirl

aznshopgirl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 04:01 AM

Please help. I have been looking for this Chris Wong song...I'm not sure of the title...it may contain the lyrics of the chorus ... something on the lines of: Heaven knows, everyone knows but you don't know....

Does that make sense? If so, do you know the chinese title of this song? THANKS!!

#15 MistariaPotter

MistariaPotter

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 12:06 AM

i really like chris wong, but sometimes when he sings, i feel that he has way too much passion, and it either makes him look narcisstic or gay. but when he sings, i can really feel it and thats what makes him so great, because music is art, and art is based on feelings. too bad he isnt really that famous, but he's really sexy though!

#16 kkkuris

kkkuris

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 12:59 AM

I love Chris Wong and his music! He is going to hold concert with Samuel Tai on December 12th 2009 in the USA!
Info.
Date: December 12 ( Sat ) 2009
Time: 7:00pm~
Place: Pasadena Civic California USA

Here's the English website of Chris Wong, which he is also supporting
Chris Wong English Website

And this is the English Forum
Chris Wong English Forum

More information about ticket etc... you can go to English forum, NEWS thread.

I'm so excited to see his concert! clapclap

He is a real artistes, great singer, his way of singing is more like European or Latin people type way, which means passionate, so I don't think that makes him look gay, maybe people who think that way doesn't know much about musics. :thumbdown If the music category is only in Asian, then his passionate way of singing might look rare for Asian who never seen other countries' musics/ singings, but Spanish speaking or those countries are more passionate way of singing, in fact, Chris likes Latin musics :thumbsup And I know he has many fans in Europe too clapclap

oops! Sorry I guess I mistake the way of posting URL :P

Again, here's Chris Wong English Website
-live urls are not allowed in your usergroup-
And This is Chris Wong English Forum
-live urls are not allowed in your usergroup-

hmm it looks like I can't post URL.. oh well, if you google search, type " Christopher Wong English website " and you will be able to find out the website. named " Christopher Wong Oi Kan 黃凱芹"
And the English Forum is also coming with this website, so you can click from links of the website.
Anyways, for concert ticket, go to ticketmaster, keep checking cuz the ticket still not on sale yet

#17 kkkuris

kkkuris

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 03:11 PM

yea I don't get it either, I guess it might have something to do with the way he portrays the songs? He tried to make a come back but he just doesn't seem to be able to get famous. Are his songs not popular enough, maybe that way?

His Song IS popular enough though.. even still in Hong Kong, couple young HK singers are singing ( covering ) his songs!

Please help. I have been looking for this Chris Wong song...I'm not sure of the title...it may contain the lyrics of the chorus ... something on the lines of: Heaven knows, everyone knows but you don't know....

Does that make sense? If so, do you know the chinese title of this song? THANKS!!

Need more info. any other lyrics of the chorus part?

#18 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15337 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 08:58 PM

Posted Image

Christopher Wong wrote a song to commemorate his late father

After 5 years away from Hong Kong, Christopher Wong is ready to make a come back. Chris is busy preparing all brand new songs for his "Christopher Wong Good Concert 2010". As "Father's Day" is coming close, in between his busy schedule, Chris thought about his father who passed away many years ago. He revealed that although his father was not there to see how successful he is in the music industry, he wrote a song called "My Father" to commemorate how great a father he had been to him. The lyrics of the song is a reflection of Chris real life event with his father. It talked about his childhood as well as the time when his father was ill. The family were all around him. No wonder each time when Chris sings that song, he has tears in his eyes.

Source:Takungpao
Translator: Hokkien128 @ http://www.asianvn.com

#19 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15337 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:06 PM

Chris Wong is hosting his "return concert" in September

Chris Wong announced that he will be hosting his concert in September and Dominic Chow will be the music director. He has invited DJ Yu Jianming who sang "Love Exile" with him to return on stage. Chris is also launching his brand new album "Separation" later on. He writes his own lyrics in his new album and the theme of the album is about universal brotherhood and love.

Source:MingPao
Translator: R.E.D @ http://www.asianvn.com

#20 jaimie_ting_

jaimie_ting_

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:51 PM

One of my favorite old school canto vocalists. I love all of his songs but his duets are special. Universal HK just released a three CD set of his songs. It comes with a DVD that contains some MVs and also concert footage. I'm a big fan of Christopher Wong. I appreciate him very much.